Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see the ability to play individual matches where you could choose two sides and experiment with players, instructions, and tactics. You could see which teams were good and which one you want to try in a proper game. It could just be a separate option from starting a new game.

I know you can already do this by arranging friendlies but then you have to load the database to start new game and/or find a free day on your fixture lists and then wait for that day to come round.

Wouldn't it be great to just dive right in for some extra pratice without waiting, or scheduling?

Hi.

I don't know if this has been brought forward already but I think it would be good if you could have:

-The ability to choose which season you start in. For example instead of starting in the 06/07 season, you begin in the 09/10 season. All the attributes/player retirements/winners of cups etc.. would be changed accordingly.

-Also the ability to start a few seasons back with the correct teams/stats etc.. for example play the 00/01 season again.

or something like that.

Originally posted by tomsmith1989:

Hi.

I don't know if this has been brought forward already but I think it would be good if you could have:

-The ability to choose which season you start in. For example instead of starting in the 06/07 season, you begin in the 09/10 season. All the attributes/player retirements/winners of cups etc.. would be changed accordingly.

-Also the ability to start a few seasons back with the correct teams/stats etc.. for example play the 00/01 season again.

or something like that.

1. You can already start in the future, just go on holiday until whenever you want.

2. It would require a lot of data and research

to do this which would also take up a lot of time and resources for SI. It wouldn't really be worth it IMO.

Guest xxxdutchmanxxx

Valuations of players who arnt even that good ending up extrodinerily high... being cut back.

There has been a number of players with semi ok ability being sold for £56m or so and spending one season at a club, then being sold to the next. Perfect example. Falco went to Madrid, then Barca, then a rich Roma and then United..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With reguards to relationships, it seems if you have a poor relationship with a rival then you cant buy a player from there team, yet there more than willing to buy a player from you and the relationship not to improve.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When bidding, you always pay over the odds, usually double the price for a player, yet whenever a team bids for yours (even with long contract) they still bid under or jus around the actual value...

Thanx, keep up the good work

something i mentioned on another thread was having more incidents with goalkeepers - i.e. being sent off for handling otuisde the box or for taking someone down outside the box i.e like Jens Lehmann in the champions league final

Originally posted by AfterDeath:

Being able to draw up plans for set pieces using arrows for player runs, passes etc. Could be great fun. icon_smile.gif

Indeedly so, I like the sound of that! And I also like an idea on pg 16 about being able to read a clubs fanzine so this inspired me to an idea. I would like to see programmes before the matches, and if you're the home manager you get to write the manager's opinion of todays opponents and your recent form.

I would also like to be able to give a press release that isn't an interview, to say things like 'I am really thankful of the fans input recently' and 'You're eagerly anticipating the erby game...' or whatever!

This is a rubbish idea and I won't be buying the game if it is implemented.

A bit extreme eh?

Anyway - I think a few little touches wouldn't be bad, we all know team talks could be spiced up a bit, and perhaps a few more 'off the field' things, for example whoever has got divorced and has a lower morale, or perhaps (stupid as it sounds) fears?

For example Dennis Bergkamp had a fear of flying and would either take the train, or drive to European matches. It could be more annoying than not - imagine you get the next Theirry Henry only to find he has a fear of flying so you have lost him for European games...

Wierd but hey

I would like to see real 'tapping' of players, not just being able to tell them they are good. You should be able to talk to the player and their agent withhout anyone else knowing and be able to get fined if anyone finds out.

Originally posted by Dreaded Walrus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gingerbread Man:

Offer Open Trials

One feature that I think would be a great addition for FM2008 would be the ability to advertise an open trial for your club.

What this means is players who are free agents would approach you with a view to joining your club on trial, usually in the summer for pre seasobn training.

It could be implemented in a similar way for advertising for staff.

I know this system is used regularly in real life and would be particularly useful for lower division clubs where player turnover is high.

This.

Also, it would also be a good secondary way for the engine to introduce new regens into the game, as youngsters that had not been "discovered" yet (regardless of quality) could come and try out for a club, and if good enough, get the nod, or try out at a different club. I would love to see this feature. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah this would be great. Your assistant manager and scouts can draw up a short list of players who could step up and make the grade and then its up to you if you want to offer them contracts.

Thses trials can happen maybe at the beginning of the season, around xmas and also towards the end of the season when players who's contracts are about to run out can go to trials.

Originally posted by gse0x8:

you should be able to negotiate deals with different sponsors and your team shirt should change to accomodate the sponsor name

but what about teams like stoke who's sponsors are the stadium name too it would be a hassle changing it but a good suggestion

more personal things on your manager profile like on 2003 where you had a wife,

maybe you could have more family on it and not just sons

and also the ability to do something with your wages maybe fund the club or put them towards your next transfer if your short

also if your club is cash strapped the ability to go public and ask some of your players to take a pay cut

last but not least, you could be able to arrange PA events like training camps and youth days where you can trial youths and youth coach handles signings

now some people will say i have heard them 2 before and you have i posted a thread with them in called '' Yet Another Suggestion For FM08''

Next Years Game Could We Possibly See On The PS3

more personal things on your manager profile like on 2003 where you had a wife,

maybe you could have more family on it and not just sons

and also the ability to do something with your wages maybe fund the club or put them towards your next transfer if your short

those are horrible ideas, and SI have never included a "get a wife" feature. EA's recent outing will show you exactly why any sort of personal things should not be included - they just detract from the game.

Havent read previous 18 pages so don't know if already been mentioned but :

ability to put pressure on ref ( like Ferguson, Mourinho etc) bye saying stuff such as "I hope he is fair at their place" when you have a game away from home coming up. Basically "Ref interaction"

Also the ability to give your players a talk before subbing them into the game.

Something else I would like to see in the game.

Why can I sign a player who doesn't get a WP and farm them out to a feeder club to get EU citizenship. If they need a new contract during their time out on loan if they fail to get a WP they don't sign a new contract. Why can they sign an initial contract when the WP has been rejected but can't sign an extension if the WP gets rejected again? Maybe it's part of the rules for the WP in the UK, but either way it makes no sense.

Originally posted by chopra_hill:

Havent read previous 18 pages so don't know if already been mentioned but :

ability to put pressure on ref ( like Ferguson, Mourinho etc) bye saying stuff such as "I hope he is fair at their place" when you have a game away from home coming up. Basically "Ref interaction" Also the ability to give your players a talk before subbing them into the game.

As above sounds like a good idea, also if its been mentioned i apologise but these are my thoughts:

It would be nice if and when a player from for eg charlton, have a player injured(Right winger) in the media you can directly from the screen offer them a player(pennant)to fill in on loan from your club, especially if said charlton manager is on friendly terms with you.

Also when a club(s) compete for players on loan from your club and you accept Loan to (Sunderland), then after 25+ matches and numerous reloans by said club the player has helped in a championship winning side, become a stalwart of the defence and eventually was their captain,their manager Roy keane shouldnt still think your an A**hole, but actually thank you, increasing your reputation and respect further.

And my player hated it, learned nothing

Keano your gonna regret it,

Watch out sunderland next year!!!

Also when you do a partial name search it would be nice to be able to arrange the list in A-Z format, age.

And bring back the old addition of choosing which certain attributes you want,but able to choose maybe a set number, say like you want pace, finishing, heading and technique of 15 but you'll accept 3 out of the four requested attributes. I think this was in CM 03/04, and worked well.

haven't read all 18 pages, but what i would like is more squad flexibility.

right now i have about 20 players in my first team and the rest in the reserves.

i would like players in my first team to play reserve games, if they dont play first team games to keep them match fit, without having to put them in the reserves and bring them back later.

so a small 'can play in reserve games' tickbox on the first team page, or an easily changeable squad status would be great.

this keeps my backup players match fit, without too much hassle

There should be a lot more young players with amzing stats even from the beginning but not too mnay obviously because in my game they are always average or rubbish and I end up releasing them.

Also the Ass man always says their contract is not worth renewing. Also, with older players he says the same thing but he should mabe say that perhaps their experience will be of benefit

I'd really love to have an option to sign Brazillian/Belarussian(sp?)/Belgian under 18's on pre-contracts. It's happened irl with Man Utd arranging the transfer of the two 15 year old Brazillian twins from Fluminense. It would make it easier to poach players but since it does happen irl it would add another degree of realism. Or it could kill the fun. Depends on how you see it.

Sort out the following in the match engine which really makes me wonder if I should be spending so much time on this game:-

1. An attacker runs down the wing - the keeper comes miles off his line and stands there like an idiot leaving a gaping hole at the near post - the attacker shoots....yes and there's yet another hideously unrealistic long range near-post strike.

2. Your attacker has the ball at an extreme angle near the goal - there's a teammate at the edge of the 6 yard box with an open goal in front of him - does your striker square it or shoot into the side netting? I wonder...why its the side netting option! Does the ai striker do this five minutes later? Of course not. (The fanboys will be out in force telling me its my tactics, I keep buying players with low teamwork and the ai can't "cheat". Yeah, right).

3. An opposition striker takes a shot, it bounces off the keeper back into the dangerzone - why...it goes straight to another opposition striker - it bounces off my keeper or the woodwork - why...look at that it's gone straight to ANOTHER one of their players - goal - what a surprise. Btw, on the rare occasion that a fumbled (why are fumbling keepers so prevalent?) save falls to one of my players he merely presents it genorously to an opposition striker, so as not to upset the flow, you understand.

4. These constant idiotic OWN GOALS! THEY ARE DRIVING ME NUTS!!!

Generally, the match engine's brilliant but these are BUGS no matter how hard you might try to blame tactics. It just doesn't happen irl at anything like the frequency. I noticed the first three points on FM6, so these are long-standing things.

What about individual orders being set for an individual rather than a position. So when you bring on your defensive midfielder to replace an attacking one for example, you dont have to spend 5 minutes setting up the player instructions.

Originally posted by philmrs:

What about individual orders being set for an individual rather than a position. So when you bring on your defensive midfielder to replace an attacking one for example, you dont have to spend 5 minutes setting up the player instructions.

Everyone wants this option, its been discussed since the damwn of time! SI surely?

Originally posted by surf12:

haven't read all 18 pages, but what i would like is more squad flexibility.

right now i have about 20 players in my first team and the rest in the reserves.

i would like players in my first team to play reserve games, if they dont play first team games to keep them match fit, without having to put them in the reserves and bring them back later.

so a small 'can play in reserve games' tickbox on the first team page, or an easily changeable squad status would be great.

this keeps my backup players match fit, without too much hassle

There you go, quoted for importance.

Suggestions for FM 08.

- I'd like to be able to have a coaches report in similar shape to the scout report. Not just a decent member of the squad.

- I had one player , whos best position was central defender (Stephen O'Donnell from Scotland if anyones interested) , but I played him right wing. The problem is that the coaches and scouts , 5 years on , still regard him as a center half , and so make comparisons about him , rather than my center half. Couldn't I indicate the best position for the player.

- Have more control of the youth system. How can I tell who has talent and who doesn't , perhaps being able to hire a youth/academy director how I can trust to give me an indication.

- Make more money avaliable for transfer. it very rarely happens , and Id like to be able to indicate that on individual transfers.

- Match engine , needs an overhaul , goals don't go in consistantly , set pieces are totally wrong , and goalies , making miracle saves , and then letting one goal through them (Granted they might be above the goalie , but mines 6 ft 5 .

- Training , I want more control over it , and I want it to be more effective. And you should be able to work on more things specifically , rather than 'Tactics' or 'Attacking'.

- Players constantly putting in media thingys saying they want to leave, i say no , they say their happy , and do the same thing a week later.

- I'd like to be able to scout local players , and have a look at them and then add them to the youth system.

- Is it time for stats out of a 100 , so things can be more specific , just an idea.

ok not read all the pages here just the 1st couple and for the online play in fm i think it would be a gud idea if international matches were made an option to include or exclude as often lead to waiting 2 or 3 weeks for a game for sum players this could speed it up a little and also still be in included if that is what the players decide.

I'd like the ability to see the asking price for the group of players you have selected.

It's great that I can now punt all the players I don't want to my reserves and transfer list them all in one go, however I still find myself having to go through each player to say I don't want to ask for any money for them (as just want them off the wage bill) before I then go and offer them to clubs.

I'd like a lot more intuitive multimedia added into the game to make it more of an immersive experience, there's times when I don't really feel part of any "football world" in the game and can feel really deflated at the end of a season with just a bit of text in a news message announcing my team have done the treble or whatever, it's really easy to lose interest in annoucements as it's obvious they're basic generations, for example, with Spurs you get messages such as:-

<Insert ex-spurs legend here> thinks <insert player name here> is fantastic, blah blah blah."

<Insert ex-spurs legend here> thinks <insert manager name here> has done magic with Spurs having won <insert competition here>

and of course the ex-Spurs legend is either Graham Roberts, Jurgen Klinnsmann or Teddy Sheringham (as they're the named ones in the favourites list for the team anyway).

It's really a bit.....simple, could do a lot better in drawing the player into the game world more and making it a lot more reactive to what is happening in the game, in a way that catches your attention more rather than a bit of text that is obviously generated from about a dozen templates.

Guest Palle Kuling

Lower league clubs (and that can be div 2 clubs sometimes) shouldn't sell players so carelessly and cheap. Only if they have a really really bad managent then some stupidity would be ok.

Let the manager address specific things like a player uses to much backpasses or carelessly passes the ball into dangerous zones. I want to be able to address this and that it should be worked on in training.

able to change rival teams or players you like or dilike during game.

more choice of contact neg. with offer of money for winning cups or league titals ect..

better chance of off loading unwanted stars as sometimes you cannot give top stars away sor free.

able to put more inverstment in youth teams for the search for the next big star.

instead of top goal scorer or most apperances , have the top 5 so you can see your stars improve and move up the high goals score charts.

if you are bottom of league and you get a draw against one of the big teams then your teams morale improves more than if it was the other way around.

and if you take over a team near end of season at bottom of league and you fail to save them you are less likely to get the sack as you only just got the job

One thing that would be nice is managers getting to select what language they speak. When I play the game i put my nationality as Bangladeshi (which I really am) and the automatic language that pops up is Bangali. But I always start the game by managing in Singapore where different languages are spoken. So my profile end up saying that I an speak Bangali, English, Chinese and Malay. Now I may sound very nit-picky about this but I would like to select only the languages that I speak which is English and Bangali. This is purely for cosmetic purposes but I would like to reflect the real me in the game.

Match Engine:

One on ones really need looking at. Players hardly, if ever, score from them.

Two on ones, when a player would generally pass for his team mate to shoot, it doesn't happen. The players with the ball would shoot himself and it is saved. Similarly, when a player has a chance of a decent shot, he doesn't always take it, when IRL he would.

I would like to be able to appoint and interact with a Director of Football, and maybe to have more interaction with the board and FA.

Also, in situations during a match where the ball seems to be going out of play, but players could still get to it, they stop and let it go ou of play, when trying to get to it would be better. Can this be fixed because it is annoying, particularly late on in a game you are losing 1-0 and need to at least draw.

match engine:

1) if u play wingers or generally out wide about 80% of crosses are blocked even when the winger passes the defender the cross rarely goes over in the box. There needs to be the cross elevated on the 2d view, so at least some crosses go into the box. IRL a lot of croses happen from byline and at least go in box.

2) top class players have poor control, for example ball is on line or near line and they just touch it out. happens too many times IMHO.

3) Players not listening to instructions on normal CF. They should play their normal game but listen to instructions. Too many times i specify dont TTB on strikers and its aimlessly played down wing.

4)More movement with forwrd runs, like diagonal runs, strikers pulling markers wide, etc ....match engne gameplay is too basic.

5) Too many headers or hoofs from defenders lead stright 2 one on ones, IMHO keepers sweep these out often in games.

6) keeper should have passing stats or listen on low CF to Play say, eg. defender collect.Too many times ball is played straight to defender who heads it straight back 4 one on one with keeper for opposition striker.

7)More individual instructions for players, like cut in often, hug touchline.....striker com very deep like berkamp.

8)mntality explained, it doesnt affect positioning, yet in game yet coninue game tip says it should make a CB stop strikers getting in behind if played on Ultra defensive mentality.

9) When not selecting an option some should be disables,like use TM will mean playmaker cant be described or if not some explanation of how they work in tandem.

I hope SI are reading this and make at least some changes for FM 2008.

Also I believe defensive line should be changed to work properly. I set a deep defensive line yet defenders still move to half way line. IRL in when a team is attacking or defending after scoring sme times the defenders dont move much outside the box, just to close down loose balls.

Or I would like SI to exlin their interpretation of the defensive line.

Originally posted by Badboy500:

Also I believe defensive line should be changed to work properly. I set a deep defensive line yet defenders still move to half way line. IRL in when a team is attacking or defending after scoring sme times the defenders dont move much outside the box, just to close down loose balls.

Or I would like SI to exlin their interpretation of the defensive line.

There really should be an attacking and defensive line. Currently the defensive line only counts when you've lost possession of the ball.

Would like to see :

- Liga 3 (15 groups) Spain

- Liga 3 - Turkish one (this one is hard to

gather info about , i know)

-German Oberliga

-Seria D in Italy

- actualy would be nice to have one more tier in almost all leagues that only have 2-3 Tiers represented here..

- Fix British leagues,meaning lower them down to realistic lvl (England national team should be junk as it is in reality, and Scottish teams are doing way to good in CL)

- Curb down clubs finances , it is so easy to make money in medium and high class teams.

-It would be nice to give option of having pre- Bosman rules,as part of game setup.(if you can have Harchester , why not that also, at least it's more close to reality)

i havnt read any of the suggestions nor have i kept up to date with any news on the 08 version but i would like to see FM have an optional online link directly into your game for real football news that then can affect your FM season. that perhaps automatically updates just before every time you play your game.

eg ... a player is caught by the papers doing something dodgy but in real life just escapes with a fine, but in your game you can punish him differently if your managing the team of course otherwise its just becomes background news on the news ticker.

the bellamy riise golf club incident is a great example.

if you were to play as liverpool at some time during your season the file you recieve from si via online activates a sequence of events eg as in real ife it happened abroad so the file is designated only to trigger during an away trip the files could also be assigned a date/time code expiry date so they dont trigger every season just during the same season in your game that it happened in real life.

Archived