Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

A very simple one, but they need to make it impossible to start a game without having given a team talk. It's not happened to me often, but a slip of the finger can lead to the game starting without you having said anything to your team. And they usually don't like that. So easy to resolve.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

better options when negiotating contracts and jobs, whats the trasfer budget, can i bring own staff, also regular board meetings and feedback with all members of board as they all have different opnions.

Im not sure if its already been posted and im not searching through all 81 pages but my idea is:

On our managers profile page there should be a Trophy Cabinet, where all minor and major Trophies are kept, just like the screen on each clubs history overview page. It would be nice to see all the trophies weve won at each club in one place.

- Full Manager or First Team Coach mode.

Taking a job as full manager is the same as the current set-up, however at certain clubs you might only be offered a contract as the First Team Coach meaning your board/sporting director will decide on all transfers. This would also take away responsibilities like arranging friendlies and tours, choosing youth intake, stadium and training facilities etc. You will have to play with what you are given with maybe just recommendations to the board on what area you would like the squad strengthened. Maybe you could be given a veto vote or two if you really don't want a certain player to join. As you become more successful/higher rep at that club the board might then give you the choice of player they should bid for from a shortlist of 3 or 4 they have identified. Finally if you have done well enough you can ask for a full manager contract.

Not only would it reflect real life a lot more at European clubs it would also add an extra challenge and dimension to the game, especially for those wanting to manage the likes of Real Madrid, Man City etc.

- Player recommendations from favoured personnel

Just like the option when asking your own player for a recommendation but this time from another manager. I know this happens in real life with lower league managers seeking opinions about ex-youth players from their previous managers or other players they had on trial but weren't quite good enough for that particular standard. IRL Wenger recommended Wilson Palacios to Steve Bruce at Birmingham and Ferguson signed Bebe after a recomendation from Carlos Querioz (oops) I'm sure it happens a lot more in lower leagues as well with more journeymen players and managers who don't have large scouting networks.

Maybe limit it's use to once per season and not managers in the same league.

Here is my request

1) it is possible to see in future editions (I hope as early as next) Football Manager workouts like these http://tinyurl.com/cbma3ze (obviously more detailed)

2) it is possible to create patterns on corner kicks and free kicks?

Example: Player 1 Punishment beating short pass to Player 2 and the first (though shot from behind the door) -centering inside the penalty area

3) it is possible to have more detailed tactics of the screen? Example: what to do when you attack, what to do when he defends himself, the deployment of the players during possession, the deployment of the players not being held, etc. …

is possible to have an answer ?

Sorry for my english,

Best regards.

I would like to add something to the history of players and coaches: being able to see the attributes of a player/coach when he was at his peak. So when a player retires we can still see how good he was in his prime time.

Player interaction: I bought some new striker for my club, and two players was unhappy and wanted to talk to me about this because they though the competition for a striker spot was too hard. I am missing the option to say "You're young and I don't want to stress you to play too many first team games yet", and the option to say "Well, I have played you as a midfielder for the last two seasons thus a copule of new strikers is not really a problem for you".

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the feature where you can make a quick sub when a player takes a knock is sometimes quite annoying, example, a player takes a knock so i choose to keep him on, only for the game to go to the tactics screen as the player had a red cross. This feature should only appear when the player who has taken a knock has the green injury icon.

So my wish is for this feature to be fixed for FM13.

Hey Guys,

I've set up some Polls on FMFormation.net and think it would be great if some of you guys could vote, if we get enough I'll be sending the links to SI (and hopefully they see this) to hopefully see some changes that we would like to have in the game.

FM13 Interactions Wishlist

FM13 Staff Changes Wishlist

FM13 Miscellaneous Wishlist

So get voting!

P.S. You will have to register to be able to vote!

One option I'd quite like to see is the inclusion of ball boys. Not only are some of the delays in getting the ball for, say a corner, unrealistic, but could also add a small tactical element to the game. For example, by training them to retrieve balls quickly, potentially allowing quick throw-ins to catch teams off guard.

The option to lock out certain options when negotiating contracts. For example if I have no intention of paying a goal bonus, if I remove it then I can't stop them from bringing it back up at the next stage of negotiations, unless I tell them I won't compromise on anything which isn't what I want.

The ability to tell players that their agents are being unrealistic. Just signed a contract and their agent wants a pay rise because someone showed some interest? Hah, no. Similarly being able to interact with them more by say telling them that their wage demands for their new contract are unrealistic.

More staff loyalty, yet also make it harder to retain them if they're thinking about moving. It's very easy to keep existing staff by offering a new contract, but they rarely seem to reject moves by themselves.

A "quick result" option where the game uses your current tactics and skips the match, stopping for half time, and injuries and sendings off. A bit more flexibility over what to do when you go on holiday would help as well for long term play.

Better interaction with the board. Getting rid of arbitrary delays on similar topics (like numbers of staff) and incremental subjects would be a good start! If you have a lot of spare funds then it would be nice if you could ask them to invest more in say, junior coaching instead of having to wait a long time to gradually increment it. Being able to see how long I have to wait before I can bring an issue up again would be nice (e.g. "The board will not consider any more feeder club requests until next May")

Being able to rename or suggest names for new stadiums would be a nice touch.

More control over player discipline instead of just warning/fining for dismissals. How about being able to privately ask players to tone it down, to threatening to drop them if they don't stop picking up yellow cards?

The ability to tell the reserve team manager not to use U20 players in the reserve matches. (Or maybe this is a bug in the game I started with the first database, Italian team).

Apart from the two choices of availability for reserve team, add "make automatically available whenever fitness drops out from match fit".

I think I didn't put in here: a way to extract the info of your profile in a (the) previous version that can be used in the new to be imported to the new.

Bodysnatcher mode: instead of creating a manager, take control as an existing manager and see what you can make him out of him. (I'm sure this would be the favourite of Pep Guardiola mwahahahahaha!)

Ability to set swapping players for more than two. A-B-C is something I'd like to be able to do.

Ability to set the date for the return from holidays?. I think it was in previous versions but I can't find it in FM12.

Not wasting resources in stadiums or celebrations (sorry guys who want, I just don't see the meaning to them, though I do understand that, specially for fans of smaller teams, seeing their stadium would produce a nice feeling).

Personally I'd like to see the occasional brawl or Joey Barton incident on the pitch. Oh and why is the MANAGER never on the bench but the subs are? In fact the manager should be pacing in the technical area!

More options on how I want to play the game (easier or harder). A far better editor and a saved game editor.

• 4 years later...
  • HUNT3R locked this topic

Archived