Henrik4

Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

8,019 posts in this topic

This is already in the game. SI have said before that there is a possibility that regens brothers/sons can be created what that possibility percentage is, is another matter

the percentage is very very small, so if this is already in the game why not increase the percentage, it will sure be alot of fun

FM08 was nice even if regen relatives were few, still the percentage was higher than fm11 and fm12

the percentage is very very small, so if this is already in the game why not increase the percentage, it will sure be alot of fun

FM08 was nice even if regen relatives were few, still the percentage was higher than fm11 and fm12

Whilst this would be fun its not really a game changer so it would be low on SI's to-do list, but then it would take maybe 2 or 3 attempts I think to get the balance right. If they upped the percentage rate for FM13 people would be saying its to high that a vast majority of their regens are brothers or sons etc.

I think at least 20% of world players have someone related to this sport

just look in the excel file

for these 30 people in these 2 squads I found 46 other people related to them and football (footbalers, coaches, managers, active or retired)

the number of the relatives is 153% bigger than the number of the persons to whom they are related (interesting number for only 2 squads)

and I bet in countries that are poor or the countries that have tradition in football the numbers will be higher

one example comes to mind: Second generation football family- Solari from Argentina, the most known is Santiago Solari (ex-Real Madrid)

His father and his uncle were football players Eduardo Solari and Jorje Solari, and he has brothers who are football players, Esteban Solari and David Solari , and he is the cousin of Fernando Redondo who also played football, quite a football family?

I think the percentage of relative regens should be increased, it would be a game changer for those persons who like to play only with regens

Its basically a cosmetic game change feature. Not a nuts and bolts game change feature. Only advantage is that two or more players in your squad like each other. Having a game world of un-related players, coaches and managers doesn't make the game any bit less enjoyable than having brothers, sons or cousins coming through the ranks. Hence why it is only a cosmetic game change feature and like I said wont be high priority with SI.

I'm sure it's been brought up before, but just in case:

The ability to add your town/city/region when adding a manager. If I was born in Woking and take control of Woking FC, it would be nice to see 'Woking give managerial chance to local lad' or the same with Manchester United - 'the Champions League victory was all the sweeter for John Smith, who was born and bred in the city'. Could also be brought up if you took control of a geographical rival - 'Marcel Schneider turns his back on Dortmund roots to take control of Gelsenkirchen rivals Schalke 04', etc.

Again, a mainly cosmetic feature but I'd like to see it. Some will say that the 'Favoured clubs' does a similar thing, but I wasn't born in the city of the club I support (I'm not a glory hunter though! :D). I also agree that you should be able to list more than one favoured club, too restrictive at present.

Now that we are all used to the fact we can activate lower leagues I thought it would be good to add your manager as a player/manager character if you start at a certain level. Based on your age, past experience, position & what foot your character uses, the game could generate a CA/PA. This would be particularly good for those starting at level 11 in England for example where you are more likely to find player managers. Maybe you could be forced by the board to retire from playing if your club had a high enough rep and/or reached a particular division or you reached a certain age. I think it would add to us being immersed in the game. Imagine you were manager and all time top scorer of a team you took from part-time status to European Champions. Legendary status at a club could be kept in these kind of circumstances.

This will add next to nothing to the game but when the commentary says that the fans are leaving the ground I want to see the stands emptying.

- More challenging and versatile tactical side of game. Shouts and strategies are a good thing but ready roles aren't. For me this ready roles are killing the tactical side of game as the match engine has been coded to work with these roles and you actually can't create your own style of play for every team. At least in my teams players in same postions are always playing with same average ratings and stats even though I'm creating my tactics mostly with classic mode.

- Better match engine where goals don't always come from same kind of situations and in same ways. With better tactics the game could have more versatile match engine also; for example we could finally see really good and "realistic" defending where midfielders like Alex Song, Busquets, Parker and Essien really are valued and making good interceptions.

This will add next to nothing to the game but when the commentary says that the fans are leaving the ground I want to see the stands emptying.
It adds more then you think, visual realism, same about the elusive tunnel disappearing in this years FM, i think if the game says something is happening on the pitch the we should see it.

Players surrounding the ref - can't say i've seen that yet in FM12

Player ushered down the tunnel - again can't happen

Home fans have seen enough of this - like you said no changes in crowd

I wish SI would concentrate less on the eye candy tbh, houses and bricked walls have no place in a Football management sim. #ibabbletoomuch

Your babbling is fine, the surrounding ref but not surrounding him has annoyed the heck out of me since 2D was introduced.

Have to be honest & admit that it is the lack of those little details that will otherwise go unnoticed that annoys me the most.

The ability to interacted with players on loan and ask them if they would be wiling to consider a permanent move.

It would be nice to implement the use of high reputation loan players from MLS and the scandinavian leagues during the winter period.

Both the scandinavian leagues and the MLS have winter breaks which IRL have allowed high reputation players like Henrik Larsson, David Beckham, Thierry Henry, Landon Donovan and Robbie Keane to play a few months on loan in the big leagues without missing important matches for their original team.

I would like to see such loans happen in next years game.

Get rid of Steam - I cant play the game simply because I live in a rural area which dreadful internet connection and can only play the game by using Steam (i have to install from the disc then log into steam to activate - but I cant because my internet is poor and the welsh government are doing naff all about it). I tried 6 times in different days all to fail. I cant play the game. Why oh why would you even consider using steam? what was the point of that. Why cant you give us options to decide for ourselves how we want to instal and activate the game.

There needs to be A LOT more bookings/red cards for challenges that cause injuries, both green ones and match ending ones. All too often the oftending player gets away scott-free with no consequences, whilst the victim's team have to make a forced substitution. This simply must change, it is bloody infuriating.

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but I'd like to see a transfer listing "because we don't want to block him". I don't know the english word for it, in french we call it "pour services rendus". It's when a player has been in your team for a long time, he's still an important player, but you have a deal with him that he could leave if a big club came and tried to buy him.

At the moment I don't have any option : I always want him to be a key player or important player, but I'd like to be able to put him on the transfer list while saying "it's not because I don't want him anymore, it's because we have a deal" :-p

I would like the option to add / change things to leagues like the MLS, without losing all the special rules.

If you don't like the rules, it is easy to loose them while editing, but if you want to keep them, you are very limited in editing options right now.

If I for example wanted to add the new franchises like Montreal Impact and New York Cosmos to the MLS, I cannot do that without messing up the MLS or without changing / swapping other teams for them.

It would be nice to do such things without deleting the MLS rules immediately.

After playing cm/fm for years and seeing all the improvements throughout the years there are a couple of little things that could be made for future improvements,

1. With player interactions with younger players you could suggest to the player that a loan spell will help his development and tell them what level you think will be best for them.

2. when it comes to the feeder clubs you could be able to discuss with players about going on loan to them.

3. more young players asking for a chance to go out on loan instead of just wanting first team football and only options being i will try send you on loan or transfers them.

4. the last thing i would like to suggest would take longer to do and i understand not everyone would like it. i would like to have the top 5 or 10 records so i can see how my players match up to players in history

Thank you for reading and hope some people agree with some of these ideas

I would like to be able to start off managing the Youth, Reserve team of a club, then have the ability to move from there like Fabio Capello did at AC Milan, Guardiola at Barca and Luis Enrique moving from Barca B to Roma. Surely it would be simple to implement as the B-Teams in Spain can already be managed and would bring a different dimension to the game.

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but I'd like to see a transfer listing "because we don't want to block him". I don't know the english word for it, in french we call it "pour services rendus". It's when a player has been in your team for a long time, he's still an important player, but you have a deal with him that he could leave if a big club came and tried to buy him.

At the moment I don't have any option : I always want him to be a key player or important player, but I'd like to be able to put him on the transfer list while saying "it's not because I don't want him anymore, it's because we have a deal" :-p

That's already in the game, as the "Big club release clause".

An option to change fonts etc in the game. Also get more playable leagues in it. Wonder someday if we'll get every league possible!??

When dealing with a player transfer there is nothing worse than knowing you're being mugged off but having to go ahead with the deal because you either need to get rid of the player on the cheap or paying slightly over the odds for squad player, this is made worse when the fans pick up on the fee & use it as a stick to beat you with.

We could do with an option to ask that a transfer fee remains undisclosed to cover our shame.

An option to change fonts etc in the game. Also get more playable leagues in it. Wonder someday if we'll get every league possible!??

SI (by that I mean Miles) have said that they will not add any additional leagues or nations & the game has a competition editor if you want to add one yourself.

Personally I don't like that way of thinking as not every community project is as well researched & tested as the Uncle Ron level 8 update, if they are not going to add any new nations then maybe some extra levels to the current nations would be a reasonable compromise.

Get rid of Steam - I cant play the game simply because I live in a rural area which dreadful internet connection and can only play the game by using Steam (i have to install from the disc then log into steam to activate - but I cant because my internet is poor and the welsh government are doing naff all about it). I tried 6 times in different days all to fail. I cant play the game. Why oh why would you even consider using steam? what was the point of that. Why cant you give us options to decide for ourselves how we want to instal and activate the game.

You only need Internet once, during activation. After that you can play with no Internet at all (offline mode).

Disagreeing with ref in a press conference about a missed pen or pen given that shouldn't have been, or a red that shouldn't have been. EVERY TIME i do this, i'm wrong, SI smacking me round the head for calling out a ref in a press conference. I'd like to get fined/suspended for being right every now and then, luck of the draw whatever. Similar sort of thing with challenging red cards, IE appealing or setting penalties for it afterwards. I'd like my assistant manager to say something other than a totally unhelpful "up to you" or the other one "Heinous tackle, totally deserved his red and he should be tarred and feathered accordingly." Every now and then, WRONG OR RIGHT, USEFUL OR USELESS, i'd like him to say that he thought the decision was a travesty and that he believes the red should be overturned.

Not possible & tbh also not a very good idea, can you play a Civ4 save on Civ5 or upload your custom classes from MW to MW3?

Each version of the game is different to the last & any backwards compatibility would stall much needed improvements in other areas of the game.

Option to somehow continue playing a save game from previous fm in the new FM.

Let's say a save game from fm2012 to be playable in fm 2013...

I also like this option and I can't see how this can be so big problem. The only thing you need from the old game is the database, player that have been sold, staff changes and youth players. You should also be able to start with a new database.

I would buy a new game each year when it comes out rather then playing the same old game for 3 years.

I don't know if this idea was already mentioned but I think you should be able to create teams like Athletic Bilbao as you could sign players with the same nationality.

Be able to add draft when you are doing new leagues.

See a team which has poor financials being relegated to lower leagues and maybe given minus points

To make it realistic to be able to bribe the refree (and of course it could linked with consequences).

Include relevant Latest Scores, so in my case here it would be Group H Latest Scores.... Would love to see this implemented into the game! :)

8znvbs.png

Filter agent offers to be changed, at the moment I do not exclude any because basing your decision of the players contractual/transfer status is foolish. What I'd prefer is to set what type of players I'm looking for, Poacher, Ball playing CB, Inside forward, etc, it's damn annoying to be constantly bombarded with keepers when I already have 2 excellent guys to place between the sticks or defenders to be added to my impenetrable back four.

Been saving some up for awhile. I apologize if many of these have already been mentioned, consider this another vote for these changes/features if that is the case. Also, I'm relatively new to the game, only my second year playing, so I may just be unaware of something. Please point that out if this is the case. Thanks!

1) Improved 3D engine. Always first and foremost the thing I care about most. Wider variety of player moves, and all the usual things about defender movement, number of shots on goal vs goals created, etc.

2) Ability to create some customized stats or expand the range of per 90 minute stats. For example Interceptions by itself is not very helpful, but Interceptions per 90 minutes is a much better metric for comparing players who have played very different amounts. I'd also like to see "Goals per shots attempted" and "goals per shots on goal". But really the best thing would be if we had a little formula creator option to mix and match and create simple stats of our own, like a little spreadsheet.

3) Ability to turn off reserve matches from appearing on the heads-up calendar.

4) The ol' corner kick ends up with player in midfield who recycles it back to the corner kicker who is offsides bit. Just doesn't make sense how often it happens with highly skilled professionals. Please reduce substantially.

5) Dribbling balls out of bounds with no opponent anywhere near them. Same as #4, the frequency doesn't make sense with the quality of players and leagues I am seeing. Maybe it's just a matter of the way it is visually depicted in the ME. They look so unskilled, it breaks the illusion of the simulation.

6) The ability to see where goals were scored from in the analysis part of the Team Report section. Not sure if this is a bug or I'm missing something but we see by zone where assists came from, but not the shots that scored the goal. Strange.

7) The ability over time to illuminate hidden attributes. I know this may be a touch controversial, but it's very, very hard to discern some of the hidden attributes just from playing. I think if a player is with the same team for say 5 years perhaps a little window into some of those would be appropriate (1-3, 4-6, 7-9, etc.) or at least a coach's opinion in text about each one. Something. But it seems like the longer you have a player the more you should know about him and your coaches should know about him. I'd like to see this represented in the attribute screen.

I know that the hidden attributes add a nice sense of mystery. But as a game player I find it ultimately annoying that I can't ever find them out. And I don't want to resort to an editor. Keeping them somewhat mysterious on a scouting report and then gradually revealing them based on the quality of your coaches, how long they have been on the team, how much they play etc. seems like it would be a nice balance between mystery and satisfying curiosity. And it's a neat reward for sticking with a player long-term - you know what you have in them and what to expect.

Also, I don't buy any argument that says "well, there are just some things you never know as a manager". If we can see a player's determination on a scale of 1-20 from scouting him for a single match then we should be able to see his ability to play in big matches after managing him for a few years. There is no purity here, if we have numerical attributes for 36 different technical, mental and physical aspects of a player then we can have them for another 13 aspects. Making those hidden attributes take longer to discover makes sense, but keeping them hidden forever I think makes the game less appealing. For that matter I think some viewable aspects like Influence and Determination would make much more sense as gradually uncovered attributes.

8) The ability to easily save and compile a list of the best 10 goals per season. I've tried the video outputs and the quality is poor and it's unwieldy and time-consuming to do so. I want an easy way to mark a great goal and then be able to refer back to those marked goals later in a season. Maybe call it Top Goals or something and let us watch them with a bowl of popcorn at the end of the season or whenever we like. Kind of a season highlight reel. Make it easy to do interface wise and quick to access and I think alot of managers would use this feature.

9) This may be my own ignorance, but lets us control width by position. If I want my LB/RB to play more narrow and my CM to play wider let me specify that by position.

10) Reduce the number of really dumb throw-ins into the box by players with excellent long throw, anticipation and decision attributes. I am baffled by how often a very good player throws it into the box to a pile of opponents far from any of his teammates. It's not even close to a teammate...makes no sense. Again, may be a visual depiction issue.

11) More customization of the home screen. Let us decide what we want to display there and that goes for ALL of the widgets, not just a few. This has made a big step forward and it can get even better.

12) Add listing of positional ability to team report (natural, accomplished, competent, etc.). The team report has been a great addition to the game, just needs this one addition to make it top notch.

13) Search parameters for players includes the ability to specify "blank". As in: CDs with marking at 14+ or blank, tackling at 14+ or blank. As it is now we have to spend alot of time poring over players with blanks in their attributes and try to eye-ball it. The search is relatively useless as you might miss a great candidate who met all 5 of your search criteria, but 2 of the attributes weren't filled in yet.

14) Adjust club reputation a few times throughout the year. Maybe October, January and May. As it is now, it appears to only shift at the end of a season. I play LLM, so when my team is new to L2 but ripping it up in their first year there, then their reputation should be increased well before the end of the season. Players and fans should take notice.

In general it feels like everything shifts a bit late. Players and agents don't seem to hop onto new teams that are soaring in the way that I think they would to some extent.

That's about it. Kudos on FM12. Really enjoying it. My favorite additions are probably team report and the way that search conditions stay up for players, but you can tick them active or inactive. It's a little thing but it really makes a difference. Those two and then everything done to make the interface and graphics better.

Great job SI!

I agree with some others, espescially the Hidden attributes bit above, plus others that have been touched upon

I'd like to see a player positionless. no set position. you can figure out where he plays best, or you have a positional proficiency screen which covers every position according to his stats. a midfielder should be automatically proficient in the middle of the park, obviously better at a particular position type or tatical instruction, but would not be a complete monkey at a slightly different position, ie DM or AMC which happens if he doesn't have that circle coloured in on his positions screen.

I remember in a very old version you could draw lines on the tactic screen. i'd like something similar to give the team a better handle on their width, and where they're expected to be in attack and defense. or maybe...

3 tatical screens. a 'default' screen we have now, a 'attack' screen when you have the ball going foward, and a 'defense' screen for when you lose possesion. i know this happens to some degree already, but i'd like to give more precise instruction.

Manager records. a return of goals per game stat. but moreso an overall record, like biggest win/loss, streaks, bogey teams etc, for those who like looking at these things, and esp. those who play different teams throughout their game career.

Player records, history screen to have option of overall stats, not just the league.

maybe some better options at the start of the game as you can't please everyone. ie, the ability to switch off agents, or media interviews or whatever if those additions to the game are not your cup of tea

i like the floating reputation of leagues idea, add it to continents??

and contentiously, a better editor with more ranging options. i understand that most people are simpletons and this wouldn't work as the technical problems they'd create would be enormous. (perhaps an editing iq test to open the advanced options!!!!).

my especial bugbear in real footy and therefore the game is asia. it's too big. i'd love to dice it in half, west to india, and an eastern half. can't do it in the current setup. maybe if i had a lazy 25billion...

there were others, but now i'm at the keyboard the minds blank!!

Sorry if below are already mentioned just sharing my ideas.

1. Transfers.

If at all possible instead of adding the January/February/March (pending on location of management) transfers into the start of the game, like in 2011, setting them as a future transfers to join there club on the day the transfer happened or at the last day of the clubs location transfer date.

2. A.I for Network Games.

Possibility of improving A.I difficulty when I comes to dealing with transfers in network games and setting a higher A.I. difficulty for Network Games, to match the real players now within the game.

3. Contracts.

Adding new clauses to players contracts; such as by back clause after year 1 then year 2, year 3, ect, ect. Like what Barcelona have done with Oriol Romeu who is now a player for Chelsea.

When buying a player, who players regularly for the team you are buying from, an option to allow the selling team them to keep him until the end of there season with you paying wages. Example, Kevin De Bruyne contracted to Chelsea still playing until end of season for Racing Genk.

4. Media.

Not every team have interview before every game they have. Example, Greenock Morton.

When answering with a neutral answer the media spam “we want to hear a real answer” multiple time usually one after the other.

That’s all I can think of but overall the game has been improving each year hope it continues to improve and develop. :)

If this has been said then sorry but I would like to see a 'why' function when talking to players in the chat that have done either a stupid mistake or a horrible tackle.

For instance Mario Balotelli on Scott Parker in the 3-2 game or Karl Henry at Wolves when he back-heeled Albrighton when they were playing Aston Villa. Sometimes you get

them and think ' Why did you do that, you moron?' or What were you thinking? Could be a useful option with some players.

Would like to see the option introduced to offer free agent players short term contracts, rather than having to offer them a contract until the end of the current season at the earliest. And immediate loan backs to selling clubs built into the deal when you are buying a player as someone mentioned above.

The removal of the new Semi-pro limitations. Where Semi-pro clubs (at least Bath City) are hard-coded to only be able to sign certain contract types for certain squad status. It makes absolutely no sense, and is just a huge annoyance.

I can't offer my youngsters who are still learning and developing anything but a Non-Contract, if they are not considered part of the first team. Non-Contract players cannot be loaned out to other clubs. So that makes it impossible for me to give my Hot prospects any first-team experience at a lower level. If I considered them part of the first team, and thus could offer them a part-time (Backup/Rotation) or Full-time (Key/Important player) contracts, then why would I want to loan them out?? ... wouldn't I then use them in my first team instead??

This makes finding and developing youngsters at a lower league (english) club almost impossible.

That only Youngsters can be offered NC contracts in a semi-pro club is also nonsense, as this is not how it works in real life. Older players get these types of contracts too.

There is also a huge gap between a Semi-pro just out of Amateur status, and one on the verge of becoming fully Professional, so making the same rules for all of them is a bad design decision in my opinion.

So please, please, please remove this for next version, or one of the patches.

To decrease the amount of goals that are scored from corners and indirect freekicks in the league you manage in, along with the lack of direct free kick goals.

The removal of the new Semi-pro limitations. Where Semi-pro clubs (at least Bath City) are hard-coded to only be able to sign certain contract types for certain squad status. It makes absolutely no sense, and is just a huge annoyance.

I can't offer my youngsters who are still learning and developing anything but a Non-Contract, if they are not considered part of the first team. Non-Contract players cannot be loaned out to other clubs. So that makes it impossible for me to give my Hot prospects any first-team experience at a lower level. If I considered them part of the first team, and thus could offer them a part-time (Backup/Rotation) or Full-time (Key/Important player) contracts, then why would I want to loan them out?? ... wouldn't I then use them in my first team instead??

This makes finding and developing youngsters at a lower league (english) club almost impossible.

That only Youngsters can be offered NC contracts in a semi-pro club is also nonsense, as this is not how it works in real life. Older players get these types of contracts too.

There is also a huge gap between a Semi-pro just out of Amateur status, and one on the verge of becoming fully Professional, so making the same rules for all of them is a bad design decision in my opinion.

So please, please, please remove this for next version, or one of the patches.

I wouldn't have thought semi-pro clubs should be loaning players out.

At that level a player is either part of the first team squad or isn't.

When signing a young player from a foreign country who you know will come good if he gets first team football under his belt, ill just say an example. Your Liverpool and you sign a 18 year old from Argentina and you want to loan him to an affiliated club for a couple maybe 3 seasons, this could just be for first team football to help him progress or maybe even passport problems. so just say for example you loaned him to Lavente in La Liga as they were an affiliated club of yours.... you should be able to pay a small fee, nothing much ... for him to get English language lessons... hes already fluent Spanish and if hes spending a few years in Spain i dont think he will end up having English(Basic) or anything next to his spoken languages?

i think this will help for when he returns to England to start his Liverpool career he will be able to communicate better with other players in his first full season in English football

someone correct me if this does already happen, meaning he does learn english when out on loan to a foreign country.

remember this is just an example lol i randomly said 2 teams. :)

I wouldn't have thought semi-pro clubs should be loaning players out.

At that level a player is either part of the first team squad or isn't.

They loan them out all the time :) ... at least Bath City does, so I assume most of them do.

The whole way that contracts have been put together for semi-pros make no sense, and doesn't apply to real life. And if it is not made for realism, then it is just in to screw over managers in the lower leagues.

The hardcoded-ness of this is what annoys me. I doubt there are any clubs that would have these rules in effect at their club, and if they do, it should clearly state so in-game, and be possible to get the board to reconsider this decision.

I, as a manager, should be the one who decides whether to give my star striker a full-time or part-time (or NC) contract, depending on what I can negotiate with him. Players on part-time contracts, should be less willing to sign long term contracts, and more willing to leave if another team comes along with a full-time offer. So it will be much harder for me to keep my star striker for long on part-time contracts, than if I signed him on a full-time contract. But it should be my decision (just like it has been for years in this game).

If we wanna talk realism, then it also makes no sense to have full-time players, when all your staff is part-time :)

I would like more distinction between a foul and a dive at the moment the ME calls a dive a foul but I think it should say the player dived and it should be noted in the match report, especially if the player is booked.

I would like each of your squads to keep their individual views. For example I like to keep my 1st team in selection view but in January, I like to have reserve team in contract view to help with selling descisions. If I click from 1 squad to the other, the view reverts back to that of the squad you were looking at before. It really bugs me!

If I have selected a scout to track players on loan, I shouldn't have to ask him to compile reports every time a player goes on loan, he should do it automatically. Ther should also be an option for him to start scouting players already out on loan when you first set him to track loan players.

I would love the addition of going to a training session (when ever you choose to) seeing how your players are training for your own eyes. Might seem pointless but I can see it adding quite a bit more realism.

I'd like it so that when you get the message saying "X amount of your players have been called up for international duty", it tells you what matches they'd miss if you don't withdraw them. I've twice been caught out playing in Russia by players missing games because the missing players section on the fixture list didn't accurately say these players would be missing when I got the message.

It's also be nice to be able to explain to players upon withdrawing them that you've done it because there was a club game they were needed for.

Sorry if this is a re-post of some ideas, I haven't checked ALL of the replies... I'd like to see:

1)Women's leagues - It would be great to be able to move from the women's game to the men's and vice-versa. Maybe the players could move too (i.e. women into the men's league, depending on league rules).

2)'Easy mode' - a mode that makes things a little less technical for users after a more 'simple' experience. Some more generic formations, bringing back the movement arrows and stripping back the trickier features (training/tactics/press etc).

3)Season start date - when the patch featuring Jan transfers is released a new start date for the leagues could be released. So Jan transfers and league positions were included in the game (along with managerial vacancies). So I can take over at a club struggling against relegation and try to keep them up.

4)A player manager feature would be cool too

Been saving some up for awhile. I apologize if many of these have already been mentioned, consider this another vote for these changes/features if that is the case. Also, I'm relatively new to the game, only my second year playing, so I may just be unaware of something. Please point that out if this is the case. Thanks!

1) Improved 3D engine. Always first and foremost the thing I care about most. Wider variety of player moves, and all the usual things about defender movement, number of shots on goal vs goals created, etc.

2) Ability to create some customized stats or expand the range of per 90 minute stats. For example Interceptions by itself is not very helpful, but Interceptions per 90 minutes is a much better metric for comparing players who have played very different amounts. I'd also like to see "Goals per shots attempted" and "goals per shots on goal". But really the best thing would be if we had a little formula creator option to mix and match and create simple stats of our own, like a little spreadsheet.

3) Ability to turn off reserve matches from appearing on the heads-up calendar.

4) The ol' corner kick ends up with player in midfield who recycles it back to the corner kicker who is offsides bit. Just doesn't make sense how often it happens with highly skilled professionals. Please reduce substantially.

5) Dribbling balls out of bounds with no opponent anywhere near them. Same as #4, the frequency doesn't make sense with the quality of players and leagues I am seeing. Maybe it's just a matter of the way it is visually depicted in the ME. They look so unskilled, it breaks the illusion of the simulation.

6) The ability to see where goals were scored from in the analysis part of the Team Report section. Not sure if this is a bug or I'm missing something but we see by zone where assists came from, but not the shots that scored the goal. Strange.

7) The ability over time to illuminate hidden attributes. I know this may be a touch controversial, but it's very, very hard to discern some of the hidden attributes just from playing. I think if a player is with the same team for say 5 years perhaps a little window into some of those would be appropriate (1-3, 4-6, 7-9, etc.) or at least a coach's opinion in text about each one. Something. But it seems like the longer you have a player the more you should know about him and your coaches should know about him. I'd like to see this represented in the attribute screen.

I know that the hidden attributes add a nice sense of mystery. But as a game player I find it ultimately annoying that I can't ever find them out. And I don't want to resort to an editor. Keeping them somewhat mysterious on a scouting report and then gradually revealing them based on the quality of your coaches, how long they have been on the team, how much they play etc. seems like it would be a nice balance between mystery and satisfying curiosity. And it's a neat reward for sticking with a player long-term - you know what you have in them and what to expect.

Also, I don't buy any argument that says "well, there are just some things you never know as a manager". If we can see a player's determination on a scale of 1-20 from scouting him for a single match then we should be able to see his ability to play in big matches after managing him for a few years. There is no purity here, if we have numerical attributes for 36 different technical, mental and physical aspects of a player then we can have them for another 13 aspects. Making those hidden attributes take longer to discover makes sense, but keeping them hidden forever I think makes the game less appealing. For that matter I think some viewable aspects like Influence and Determination would make much more sense as gradually uncovered attributes.

8) The ability to easily save and compile a list of the best 10 goals per season. I've tried the video outputs and the quality is poor and it's unwieldy and time-consuming to do so. I want an easy way to mark a great goal and then be able to refer back to those marked goals later in a season. Maybe call it Top Goals or something and let us watch them with a bowl of popcorn at the end of the season or whenever we like. Kind of a season highlight reel. Make it easy to do interface wise and quick to access and I think alot of managers would use this feature.

9) This may be my own ignorance, but lets us control width by position. If I want my LB/RB to play more narrow and my CM to play wider let me specify that by position.

10) Reduce the number of really dumb throw-ins into the box by players with excellent long throw, anticipation and decision attributes. I am baffled by how often a very good player throws it into the box to a pile of opponents far from any of his teammates. It's not even close to a teammate...makes no sense. Again, may be a visual depiction issue.

11) More customization of the home screen. Let us decide what we want to display there and that goes for ALL of the widgets, not just a few. This has made a big step forward and it can get even better.

12) Add listing of positional ability to team report (natural, accomplished, competent, etc.). The team report has been a great addition to the game, just needs this one addition to make it top notch.

13) Search parameters for players includes the ability to specify "blank". As in: CDs with marking at 14+ or blank, tackling at 14+ or blank. As it is now we have to spend alot of time poring over players with blanks in their attributes and try to eye-ball it. The search is relatively useless as you might miss a great candidate who met all 5 of your search criteria, but 2 of the attributes weren't filled in yet.

14) Adjust club reputation a few times throughout the year. Maybe October, January and May. As it is now, it appears to only shift at the end of a season. I play LLM, so when my team is new to L2 but ripping it up in their first year there, then their reputation should be increased well before the end of the season. Players and fans should take notice.

In general it feels like everything shifts a bit late. Players and agents don't seem to hop onto new teams that are soaring in the way that I think they would to some extent.

That's about it. Kudos on FM12. Really enjoying it. My favorite additions are probably team report and the way that search conditions stay up for players, but you can tick them active or inactive. It's a little thing but it really makes a difference. Those two and then everything done to make the interface and graphics better.

Great job SI!

Quoting again so SI see this.

The biggest idea that came to me during this year's iteration is the difference between training sessions. For example, managing a top level club, you have first team training, and you have youth team training. But reserves and first team have no differentiation. This year Ravel Morrison was training with the Man United first team, but was susbsequently dropped back to the reserve team training (and his reaction to this was basically the final straw in getting him sold).

Being able to have your first and reserve teams train seperately is more realistic, and also allows for more player interaction - for example, I might want to show Zeki Fryers that I have good faith in him, so I promote him to training with the first team, he gains a little confidence and benefits more from training with better players (an effect which is severely diluted if you try and make the whole reserve team train with the first team).

Likewise if a player isn't showing me enough in the first team, I can make him train with the reserves as a kind of punishment.

Simple

Internationals:

• Bigger deal about World Cup/Continential Championships/Qualifiers. World Cups should be a big deal, in run up you should be able to organise training base where you play friendlies against local sides other National Teams,against each other/b team matches to decide on squad/starting 11. A rundown of all the teams taking place-Style of play/Key Player/one to watch/previous history/expectations
  • If managing host nation there should be a big buzz about the tournament coming to town, take Qatar for example, in the game it should make reference to stadiums that have been built/infrastructure, how the host nation is set for the tournament-strength? weaknesses. if china hosted the world cup in the distant future in the game, it should be like 'few would have imagined the world cup would ever reach the words most populous nation blah blah' just stuff to make it more immersie
  • There should be shouts for certain players to be called up based on form, pressure from media would be interesting.
  • Ability to recommend to FA to bid to host future championship
  • A correlated effort to influence type of players being produced in a country, think of Jurger Klinsman with Germany, in conjuction with club coaches and grassroots german football transformed itself into the attacking skillful team it is today. This would cool in countries like US who are on the up and have so much potential so you could dictate in a way the type of player being produced.

Transfers

Just keep improving on it I guess, there not gonna radically improve from 1 year to the next. Less stupid signings, greater AI intelligence with squad building(AI should pinpoint players it needs to fill in a gap in the team)

Less of the manager merry go round nonsense

I'd like to interact with players available on a free. Why can't I say I admire the ageing pro who might just agree to help my lower league side if he felt wanted?

Player records, history screen to have option of overall stats, not just the league.

Very good point! :thup:

I'm playing a match right now where one team is playing in an all black strip but the referee is also in all black - in this situation irl would the referee not wear a different colour top or something to more easily distinguish him from one of the playing team?

Very good point! :thup:

If you click on each season it shows the overall stats at the bottom of the screen.