Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Dunno if these have been mentioned before but i'll post anyway......

The option to build a car-park and shops outside your ground

Being able to bribe the refs etc

.......lol i'm only joking

Seriously though:

- The option to assemble a back-room "team" from the start, so when you start a new game you have the option to start with your right hand man, 1st team and fitness coach etc.....then if/when you sign for another team one of the options is to take that "team" with you into the new job. Rather than starting a new job, getting rid of the current staff and then trying to employ replacements.

- Medicals.......getting a run down on a players fitness/likeliness to get injured/Underlying injuries etc before clicking "confirm" when signing someone.

- Individual player shouts.....if your full back is being exposed far too much, having the option to target a shout at him to sit deeper/push up higher/play narrower etc.

- Little things like a pitch invasion if you avoid relegation/get promoted etc + the players celebrating a cup win and seeing your players collect the trophy

- Declare interest in a jobs without upsetting the fans/players/board.......have your "agent" put the word about that you're looking etc

- (this one may be in already) The option to pay, say, £5m upfront for a player and then another £2m if you get promoted etc.

- Pre-season tours that select the opposition for you.....which also improves your "knowledge" within that country

I totally agree with some of these, the medicals is the main one for me. This should of been added years ago ! The backroom staff is another one, majority of managers have a near enough the same backroom team where ever they go. And why not add like favourite people to our personal info, instead of "best opinion and worst" Good ideas though !

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something that I've never understood about FM, manages abroad are always replaced quickre than they are in England. I was even talking to miles about it on twitter, in Italy for example managers are replaced and even re-hired all the time. Last season (2010/11) in Serie A between September 2010 and April 2011, 14 managers were sacked in Serie A. Rafa was sacked after like 16 league games or something, I dont see this on FM or its rare. I wish the chairmen were also matched to real life, Abromvich is ruthless.

OK, so here's smth from me.

1. Week-to-week info on the training of my players (not monthly). More info on how they train - good/bad/awful and why - because not enough professional, getting old for this etc.

2. More realism in transfers. If a player is worth 30 million and the team doesn't wish to sell him - then even a bid of 100 million should be blocked. I remember how Redknapp didn't want to sell Gareth Bale bla-bla until a bid of 50 million was accepted. Not-for-sale players and other stars, which managers don't want to sell, should not be sold at any price, even a billion ))

3. How about the 3D game engine? There are some minor bugs i guess... When a player gets a red card - he sits at the team bench - this is not correct, he should be leaving into the dressing-room. How about the idea of drawing the fourth referee, who will show the numbers during substitution and extra time? There is also a minor problem when the goalie catches the ball when the ball crosses the line (see picture). There should also be more goalie fouls and red cards for them.

4. Scandals? Players drunk after the match in the pub which resolves in bad behaviour and trainings. Doping-scandals are also an interesting moment in football. Maybe there should also be a way of controlling our medical crew so that doping won't be accidently used by players when they are treated from pneumonia etc.

5. Youtube uploads. There should be more than 11 seconds in the goal video, it's not enough to see some cool combinations or passes that helped create a goal. It would be even better if we could choose which time period should be uploaded (example: 51:02-51:27).

Money can definitely a be a key factor, even if a team doesn't want to sell the player. There's almost always an offer you cant refuse, especially for smaller clubs. Sure it could be more refined but making a strict line that they're not going to sell a player is not realistic.

Scandals might be realistic ( though tragic) but would surely create huge problems with licensing. And how that selection work? It's not gonna happen, and rightly so.

I play FM08 so this might have been improved long ago now, but it ****es me off how finances is handled, especially in the lower leagues. The board gives me a wage budget, and I keep my wages well within limit, but still the club is bleeding dry. And I, the manager, gets the blame for it!!

Why are boards giving me wage budgets that the club cant afford? Why are I to blame for the bad economy if I stay within that budget? And how on earth is a lower league club surviving in real life if this game is supposed to be realistic? The way my finances are, I would have to sell all my players and replace them with youth and grey players to even break even. That is absurd! My lower leagues club is able to keep a semi-professional squads in real life, so there must be some incorrect estimations of income and expenses here.

Since there's 73 pages already this may have been suggested but:

Being able to interact with your chairman directly, as well as the board, especially then they want to sell your best players over your head. Grr.

OK, so here's smth from me.

1. Week-to-week info on the training of my players (not monthly). More info on how they train - good/bad/awful and why - because not enough professional, getting old for this etc.

2. More realism in transfers. If a player is worth 30 million and the team doesn't wish to sell him - then even a bid of 100 million should be blocked. I remember how Redknapp didn't want to sell Gareth Bale bla-bla until a bid of 50 million was accepted. Not-for-sale players and other stars, which managers don't want to sell, should not be sold at any price, even a billion ))

4. Scandals? Players drunk after the match in the pub which resolves in bad behaviour and trainings. Doping-scandals are also an interesting moment in football. Maybe there should also be a way of controlling our medical crew so that doping won't be accidently used by players when they are treated from pneumonia etc.

Sorry, but you can bet yer bottom dollar that Spurs would sell Bale for £50m. Not sure I see your point.

Scandals will not be implemented due to the threat of being sued by the real life person.

I'd love to see:

1. Complaining about referee (like in CM 01/02)

2. Request match postponment (like in CM 01/02)

3. Talk to player to make him represent 2nd nationality

4. Talk with chariman before accepting offer (by boss himself) which for us is not good or we don't wont to sell player

Forgot one more moment. The "Past Meetings" info.

Now it looks like this:

31cafd5eb02e70dafbd3f1a06a8e6d08.png

I would like to see more info - smth like clickable dates when these games were played and some other stuff (goalscorers, tactics etc. - you name it). This would really help. Just think when a team plays 8-10 games against another team during 2-3 seasons... It's not enough to see that my team is better in the points area. I'd like to see more data on these games in the Pre-Match screen rather than finding manually the game info on these earlier played games in the Fixtures screen.

------------

Scandals will not be implemented due to the threat of being sued by the real life person.

How about newgens?

Since there are 73 pages and don't want to read them all and sorry if this has been mentioned but better AI team building. It is awful and that is no way a criticism to the rest of the game because it is ace, but the longevity of the game is poor because of this problem. I'm avocating this in many threads because i would like a member from SI to notice and respond to this.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but draws could be revamped for the Champions League for example, like mentioning interesting ties that could be drawn up with past meetings or rifts between managers, or ex-players returning for the first time. It would be much more realistic and more exciting then the current system

Odd Transfer Requests/Speculation

I was managing a regional club in the Championship and qualified for the playoffs. Before the semi-final, transfer speculation emerged that one of my players would be tempted by a transfer offer from Brighton, who were bottom of the league and had just been relegated. Transfer requests should be based upon league position and future prospects as well as current reputation - i.e. my club could have been promoted to the Premier League whilst Brighton were definitely playing in League 1 the following season.

Some new suggestions:

Youth Academy Focus

It would be nice if you could instruct the youth academy to develop players with a specific kind of style - e.g. pass and move, tiki-taka, etc. At the moment, youth academies are only differentiated by the calibre of player, not the style of player.

Event-specific graphics

Currently, winning the league only produces a couple of text news items. Why not make the game generate a picture of your players lifting a trophy? The same logic applies for new stadia or award ceremonies. It's superficial, but it would be nice...

Improve the pre-match preview

Instead of a couple of text tables, why not have a graphical presentation of formations, last matches, key players, etc with a moving camera-shot of the stadium in the background? Likewise - some music would be nice for some pre-match atmosphere!

I totally agree with everything you have just said m8, i especially like the event specific graphics which would be a great touch to the game. Just seeing your team win the playoff final at Wembley going to lift up the trophy :-) or the champions league final with all the fireworks and stuff going off lol

Compatibility tool (or another way) to allow a save game from FM20XX to be played in FM20XX+1.

I would love to see this possible. It would give a new meaning to the term "long jorney".

Imagine getting a save started in FM 2011 and continue to play it on FM2012, FM2013, etc. etc.

I realise that this could be very dificult to implement, so i believe that would take a couple more years, but please SI dont let this ideia drop!

Agreed m8, i just hate having to start all over again. You build up a fantastic squad as well as your own managerial abilities only to have to start all over again once a new version of the game comes out!!!!! please SI can you sort this out?

Hi all,

Hopefully I have got the right thread and this is somewhere SI monitors for good suggestions. I know the new edition is out in a couple of months so its not going to make FM12 but maybe the year after... I've had a few ideas over the last few months and initially I thought of sending them to Miles on twitter, hoping that he would see my underlying genius (and love for FM) and offer me a job - it was wishful thinking! :) but i heard the forum is a for suggestions so here i am!

anyway...few things I think could really improve the game (sorry if these have been mentioned previously - no harm intended)

1. ability to export your game from one game to the next

eg. take saved game from FM11 to FM12 - I see this was mentioned a couple of posts ago. it would be nice but think its unrealistic as it's probably impossible - new DB etc. but some kind of way to use the new game's interface with a saved game would be good, especially now that they are bringing in the new feature to customise the interface much more.

2. an exportable manager profile

i think this might be more achievable. maybe even if you couldnt export the entire game, at least make it possible to bring a manager profile across from a previous game. that profile would include your reputation, trophies won, things like that. i know the dates might get a bit messed up if you were too accurate with it (it would be like something out of back to the future!! "won FA cup in 2020" but the game year is only 2014). but if you even were able to export it with info like, reputation, which trophies were won and number of times. something like that would be nice. it would be nice to have some kind of continuity from one game to the next.

3. increased social interaction

this idea is hatched from the FM Live idea (i played for a while a few years back but i was useless!). it would be a cool feature if you could somehow play a match across the net with a friend using your two squads. you know, like at any time, you and your friend were both playing FM and both online, you could challenge each other to a friendly.

4. following on from the previous suggestion...

the ability to send friends player suggestions or shortlists from within the game would be nice. and maybe to be able to view their game. all this would require some kind of sync with a central SI server i would say but i think it would be cool. this idea is based on spotify's model. i like how you are able to send songs to a friend and view their profile and public playlists. i think something similar would be nice with FM: view current stats (league position etc) on your friends.

5. i do think increasing social interaction on FM is a good way to go.

i liked the ability to post highlights to twitter and facebook in the last version but i didnt use it too much if im honest. if it were possible to send tweets directly from the game it would be more useful (i dont THINK this is possible now is it?) - you know, something like "my liverpool team just beat man utd 4-0 #ynwa #fm12" ;)

alright, thats all i've got so far. Miles, if you are reading...i'd love to come and work for you guys :p

I would love to see the AI managers improved so long term games don't become ridiculously easy due to poor AI squad management and youth development.

The guy in this thread describes perfectly what needs to be improved: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/272261-Poor-AI-squad-building-means-the-game-gets-significantly-easier-after-the-first-few-season

I'd like the ability to discipline my players for needless yellow cards, it could be linked to a player's "dirtiness" attribute, if they accept the punishment it reduces by 1 (or something?)

Also the ability to discipline players who reach the various yellow card limits and thus have to serve bans.

not to be a party pooper to the thousands of people who have put their ideas forward on this thread, but do SI actually a) read and b) give a **** whats being said here?

yes, i do believe they read it. @milessi has mentioned on podcasts and twitter that they have a guy who keeps track of feature suggestions. we live in hope!

Warm ups for subs would be a great feature to introduce for Fm12. It would have to be a quick and easy button (like the touchline instructions) to work otherwise no-one would bother. It needs to be sensible as well though as in a player who hasn't warmed up should still actually be able to kick the ball but would take 5 mins game time to get to the sharpness of a player who has warmed up.

Also job interviews is a 'must'. It would be really interesting to challenge the chairmen on where you and he expects the team to finish in the season ahead and talk about the clubs finances/pending transfers and long term plans.

I think a really good feature would be a pay as you play contract type, with the like of owen hargreaves , ledley king etc surely this would be a good idea ??

Anybody agree ??

I wonder if this is already possible, in theory you could offer a player 0 salary and have just an appearance fee in his contract. Has anybody tried this?

I wonder if this is already possible, in theory you could offer a player 0 salary and have just an appearance fee in his contract. Has anybody tried this?

Yes. Obviously, the biggest name players will reject it. IIRC, Hargreaves has already turned down pay as you play offers.

An Assistant Manager suggestion, could the other staff give a view (maybe a less focussed view}if no Ass Man is employed. I rely very heavily on ass man advice all the time but if you are between ass men at any time a lot of the features / advice that he adds are missing. As the best replacement ass men will not join unless the ass man role is free (ie no ass man alredy employed) so during this period there is an advice black hole, often at a crucial part of the build up to a new season. I feel in real life the other staff would all be able to contribute this information (squad analysis etc) though it would be maybe less focussed, more straw poll of opinion. Atpresent I am discouraged from making the Ass Man change no matter how weak I feel he is. For me this would fix a big issue that bugs me a lot.

I play FM08 so my suggestion might be dated, but in the home/away stats section in the match-engine, I rarely take the time to look at all those stats since it is so time-consuming and tedious. How about if the game color-coded some very good/bad statistics for the squad?

For example, if one player has very low passing accuracy in a game, he will get a red marking on that stat. If another player has made several key passes, this will indicated by a green marking for that stat. This will make it much easier to detect good/bad performances and to adjust your tactics accordingly.

So I've got a few views, don't see them being implemented now into FM12 but as I know SI staff see this, want to make my points heard.

First a common disclaimer now, I haven't trawled through the first 70+ pages, so some of these ideas may be repeats.

1. Manager Interaction.

- This is not really a huge deal but for me, this is extremely dull and doesn't play a part in the game. Every week it seems a manager has something to say about me, my style of play or that my team (Man Utd) isn't going to win the league. This is ok at first because you think, well alright this manager is playing mind-games but every week is tedious.

- I also found that after about two seasons of winning the league, every manager who I have never spoke to, dislikes me, now I understand the teams competing with me not liking me, but Blackburn, Wolves? I would say that they should get on my good side because I would happily loan them players or sell, but once I see that, my stubbornness kicks in.

2. Backroom Staff Meetings

- They happen every two weeks and so rarely offer any helpful insight. You see things like:

: We concede most of our goals between the 45th and 60th minutes.

: We rarely lose our concentration against lower reputation sides.

That could be helpful advice if it were to be followed by some follow up information, maybe they say; tell Player X to be on his guard more during the periods we concede more, or change team instructions to Slider Y to make sure that our concentration levels remain high.

3. Board Disappointed with back-up players being released/sold.

- Another small one, my board keep telling me they are disappointed with the loss of players that are reserves or fringe players that aren't good enough for my side. Such players as Ryan Tunnicliffe, Andreas King and Ritchie De Laet, this makes no sense. None had played a first team game or even been near the bench and yet I released them or sold them and for 3 months after for each, my board summary was telling me of their disappointment. You can't honestly tell me that the United board were disappointed this summer IRL when Ritchie De Laet was sold, this is a simple solution really.

4. The Five star rating system

- Ok, so after all those smaller ideas, here's the big one. Currently when you start the game Lionel Messi is a four and a half star quality player according to FM, his CA and PA are approximately 194 and 196 respectively (FM Genie Scout provided) There isn't a better player in the world right now than Messi and with those stats there is unlikely to be too many regens better, so why isn't he a five star player? Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney and you can make a case for anybody over 185 CA or so should be the elite players with the highest star rating.

- Currently I try to only buy players who are three and a half stars and above in either CA or PA depending on age of course. But really I should be looking at four stars and above to best improve my Man Utd team. There is little point having that fifth star if it is impossible to achieve.

- There is also a case that five stars isn't enough. I just got in a new bunch of regens and viewing there PA in game, most were half to one and a half stars. The players at one and a half stars are regarded as "decent prospects" But I just can't agree with that, unless more depth is put into these reports saying decent prospect for League One or something of that ilk for all players not just some.

- I mentioned above I had half star players, some weren't very detailed scout reports but two did catch my eye, one player had half a star and said he could be a Blue Square Premier player, seemed logical to me, then the other one was rated the same but said he could be a League One player, I feel this is poor and so potentially a deeper use of the silver rating system that you occasionally see in youth players seems to be the easiest way to implement a feature already in the game.

I'm actually playing with a notepad beside me recently to jot down any ideas that crop up. I've already got pages full that I will post later, but I would like to put in my biggest wish I have so far. Which I think would be the coolest addition ever. :)

Have databases for old seasons standard in FM. Where you can choose to start in an old season with the then current database of clubs, players, leagues, etc. And in those databases have 'future' players already integrated to appear next to regens. (As well as other 'future' changes as new stadiums that will be built, etc).

So you could f.i. start out in 1998/1999 with the then current players with their realistic ca/pa's. And have players like Messi and C Ronaldo come along as 'regens' when they are old enough.

Etc.

It would be like playing an older version of FM, but with the new ME and design, and with players that are as good as they are or as good as they will be IRL.

4. The Five star rating system

- Ok, so after all those smaller ideas, here's the big one. Currently when you start the game Lionel Messi is a four and a half star quality player according to FM, his CA and PA are approximately 194 and 196 respectively (FM Genie Scout provided) There isn't a better player in the world right now than Messi and with those stats there is unlikely to be too many regens better, so why isn't he a five star player? Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney and you can make a case for anybody over 185 CA or so should be the elite players with the highest star rating.

This is not an issue. The star ratings are relative to the other players in your team.

Messi will certainly be a five star player for a lower league club. For Barcelona he's only four and a half compared to Iniesta, Xavi, Villa, Puyol, etc. He's even better than they are but not that much.

It's relative.

Having recently started playing FM11 again, I have been looking for things I'd like to see changed.

Apart from the obvious ones such as press conferences / team talks, I whole heartedly support the need to overhaul the youth development.

One of my recent games is a holiday game. Occasionally, should Wednesday make it into a big game (obviously only happens in an early round of a cup) I like to attend; same goes for England matches too. After the game there is often a comment along the lines of Manager X spotted at the ground...big fan of Team Y...

As I am a fan in principle of the press conferences (just not how they are implemented) it would be nice to be asked my opinion on the game I have just watched. By commenting on the game, I can let certain players know that I admire their skill etc 'Player X was magnificent tonight. It could also be used to complement or add pressure to managers.

As it stands now, if I want to try and get a player on my side (whom might never get to play against one of my teams) I have to release a completely random comment about him. It would also be a good way to let a team know that you would be interested in them, should the job become available, by being able to says things such as 'Team X were wonderful..I'd love to manage at a team like that one day..'

I think that being able to make comments on games you have watched, would enable you to bulid a more complete character in the game. I want the likes of Man U to know that there is no way in the world would I ever manage them in the same way as I want Wednesday to know that it would be my hearts desire to manage them (I always start in the Blue Sqaure North).

As an extension to this, it would also give the press conference extra validity as they could ask me what players I was watching in the game. For example 'You have been rumoured to be interested in player X, after watching him in his last game, are you looking to add him to your team?' It would also be good to be able to respond 'No, but I thought player Y had a superb game' - can't be seen to be tapping up now ;)

An option to instruct my players to not kick the ball out of play for an 'injured' player on the other team, if the ref feels that the player needs immediate treatment then they should let him stop play.

I would like an option when you sign a player and another player gets angry that there's too much competition for his position that you can say "I bought him for a different position".

For instance, Aaron Ramsey got angry that there's too much competition for his position after I bought Antonio Cassano. I couldn't say "you're my first choice" because he's not. Cesc is. But he's not going to be fighting Cassano for striker. I wish I could just say "don't worry, I didn't buy him to compete with you. I bought him for a different position".

Features I would like to see:

1. I see that an announced feature for FM2012 is an expanded report on your club including, if I recall correctly, a depth chart. I would like to be able to see a depth chart from the coaching staff, based on current formation--and be able to disagree with them and have my own depth chart. I would also like to be able to set the number of players I would like for each position in the squad and staff will suggest players within those boundaries. I would also like to reply to their suggested players: "Player X isn't good enough" "Player Y refuses to come here" etc. The staff would then drop that suggestion and come back with another. I tend to usually stick to one or two formations, and often the AssMan will suggest someone in a position that would require me to tear apart my entire system.

2. It would be nice to facility requirements for each league in the game. I enjoy playing in the lower leagues, but as I get promoted, I am stuck in my poor quality stadium, hampered by no money. Often, it is a stadium that would never be allowed for use in say League 1/2 in England. I would like to work with the board to sort out a ground-share with another club.

3. UK specific: I'd like to be able to make a case in a work permit appeal. In my current game, there was a striker available on a free who had a work permit declined on appeal. I understand why the appeal failed, but I'd like to make the case that "player A, despite his age, will be a first team player" and so on.

4. After securing promotion, I'd like certain benefits to kick in right away, instead of waiting until late June for the approach of pre-season. I'd like potential signings (staff or player) to recognise that I will be playing at a higher level next season. I'd like to be able negotiate budgets with the board sooner, rather than seeing the budget change two weeks into the transfer window.

5. I'd like to see more detailed stats. If you change formation mid-game, what was the affect on possession etc.? When looking at a player who can slot in at multiple areas, it would be nice to see a stats break-up for each position. The same for each role. Not every striker will be an effective poacher, advanced forward etc. At the very least, have something in AssMan feedback "Player looked lost out there as a Poacher, he is better suited to a different role."

6. If I am aiming at promotion in the current season, I would like to able to send my scouts out looking for players at that level--not the current division. In a similar vein, I'd like to be able to compare my starting 11 up against a hypothetical starting 11 of another team, in my division or another.

7. For staff advertisements, be able to remove staff from the list if you are continuing the ad.

being able to contact agents to discuss their client prior to contacting clubs:thup:(basically a bit of tapping up:D not that this ever goes on)

you could thrash out a contract before hand.........I wonder how chelsea got all the meireles deal done when he requested a transfer with 30 mins to go:lol:

Probably been mentioned before, but better interactions with back room staff.

What got me thinking of this was when the Ass Man didn't want to enter into a new contract. The frustrating thing is there is no indication as to why. It would be good to say something along the lines that you feel they are an important part of the club and would like them to reconsider. Or alternatively ask if there is a particular reason as to why they they don't wish to stay.

At the moment it is very cut and dry, simply does not want to discuss. This gets exacerbated further, as you can't prepare for their departure by placing a job listing in order to screen potential applicants because you have an Ass Man under contract, so it is greyed out in the Jobs section.

So what could be a smooth transition becomes an epic process of waiting for your job responses to hit "excellent" to then select the best applicant.

being able to contact agents to discuss their client prior to contacting clubs:thup:(basically a bit of tapping up:D not that this ever goes on)

you could thrash out a contract before hand.........I wonder how chelsea got all the meireles deal done when he requested a transfer with 30 mins to go:lol:

I wondered the opposite about Jerome's move to Stoke, he supposedly told my brother 3 weeks ago it was looking like Stoke... only a single sub appearance in the Championship for Brum too, dunno if he's been injured or not but AFAIK he hasn't which would suggest that Houghton already knew he was off, yes?

Options to comment on major referee decisions post match (For AI and user managers).

Influencing/pressurizing refs or facing FA Sanctions/bans/warnings/fines etc...

More realistic pre-match and post-match manager comments, that not only can affect a players PR but managers decisions too.

He didn't request a transfer with 30 mins left. That was just when Liverpool decided to release the info to the world. He was probably already looking at Chelsea well before the information went public.

I really hope that this year the Data Editor will be given a big dose of TLC.

I love using the editor (especially as it now saves the changes as a separate much smaller file), not just for updating players and teams to be accurate, but so I can do whatever I like to any club (mainly for a laugh). It makes for many an entertaining holiday save.

Unfortunately as the editor currently is, there isn't enough that you can do with it. There are several other things that I would love to see adding:

1) More options specific to players feelings - ie so you could have Tevez wanting to leave the club. Bendtner/Balotelli hating pretty much anything and anyone (these things happen once the game is in progress, so it would be nice to be able to set it prior to starting the game).

2) Ability to set the player status in the club. Eg if Joey Barton was still at Newcastle, he could be set to be on the transfer list, and not needed.

In lower league clubs, too often do young 'stars' get sold cheaply because the game sees them as 'Hot Prospects' instead of 'Indispensible'. If you could set this, then maybe a lower league club would hold out for more than £100,000 for a Lionel Messi type of player.

Ideally the game needs a re-write on this: If for example, a 'Messi' type player is at Sheffield FC, it doesn't mean they wouldn't know what they have and hold out for millions. I'm not saying that they wouldn't sell him, of course they would, but £100,000 for a player of Messi's ability is rediculous. This one referrs more to my holiday games, but the point is, the game doesn't cope with it happening. The value of a player is far too heavily linked to the club reputation rather than the ability / future ability and status of the player in the club.

3) Far more options regarding contracts for players moving teams. I can set up future transfers, but I can't add options in the transfer page for sell on clauses etc

Also, you can't make it so that a player can be future transferred on a free (if you can do this, I'm happy to be corrected)

4) Ability to add extra information about the club. At the moment all you can adjust is the condition/size of the stadium. I would like to be able to amend the details on the marketing suites etc. They are in the game, but there is nothing you can do about them (I don't know of they affect anything, but it would be nice to be able to change them). It would also be good to add updates being made to the club, such as training facilites being updated.

5) Being able to have a 'wishlist' for clubs. We all know Chelsea want Moderic, so it would be nice to be able to set this. Adding the player as a 100% favourite to the manager and/or club seems to make very little difference to bids being made or on the player moving or wanting to move there; apart from at contract stage. This also isn't the right way to try and influence a future move, as who knows if the club/manager will like Moderic, should they get him.

6) The option to have players and staff like/dislike a nation, so they more likely to look for a team there.

7) Favourite staff - Most managers like to take their own staff with them and some players have a manager that they like to work with. It would be good to be able to make a list of these so that when a manager moves he will try to sign these staff. Having the staff as a personal favourite makes no difference to the manager trying to sign or retain these people

I realise that some of these need more work than just an overhaul of the editor, but it would be nice to see them included. There are others, but I forget now.

I don't know if its been mentioned but it probably has been mentioned or most likely not but what do I know I haven't read all 73 pages . But I'd like management to be like in real life ( Note Well that it doesn't happen all the time but sometimes it does ) . You know how Newcastle's manager prior to Alan Pardew's hiring ( I think his name was Chris Hughton ) was a caretaker manager and also Steve Kean was a caretaker at first and also Kenny Dalglish at first for Liverpool ? Well I'd like if a team could apppoint you as caretaker manager for the remaining of the season and after or until you prove your management abilities then the club offers you a full time contract . Now I'll just go to another point because I don't mean if you've started just the game as a manager . It should be optional.

Point 2

This is something I'd also like as well if you could start the game how you want , whether as a youth coach,reserve team coach and/or U-18 coach or some other youth management .Just something like a managerial role , not neccesarily as a head coach After all Dalglish's Liverpool return all started with a proposal from Rafa Benitez to be appointed in a role with the club's youth academy . I think if you impress in those lower stages of management for some sort of time , clubs should want to approach you for a head coach role after a while . I know some or probably the majority would probably not like to see this but I think it'd be a good experience for me at least if I could start from bottom to top lol . I also think being a youth coach would make you more aware of the prospects you do have at the club and the upcoming talent but this is just all my opinion . Now I was also saying that the Caretaker manager role could all work from this or evolve , being a youth coach with no experience , maybe the club don't trust you enough to give you a long term contract so they give you a contract until the end of the season and if you unimpress you get the boot .

Another note that is slightly relevant to this topic :

Note that I am cognizant of the fact that you can manage the youth teams and the reserves or should I say control? But anyhow its not really as fulfilling as it can be in my opinion and its slightly vague, I'm not saying make it unrealistic and make you able to purchase players or anything but it can be better. There isn't even a scout report even if you control the youth team on your upcoming opponent and there isn't match prep. either .

This is my opinion and I really expect it to be questioned, criticized and really anything else lol .

I hope there are people out there who want to see the same thing in regards to Scout Reports, when scouting a multi positional player, the scout report comes back and stats if he is better or not than your player in his natural position but I would like know if he is better than my players in the other positions he plays;

For Example, the ample AMRLC players out there his natural position maybe an AML so my scout will currently only tell me he is better/worse than my AML but what if I want him has my AMR or my AMC I don't know if he will be better than my players untill I buy him and view his position reports from my Assistant and Coaches.

So there should be an option when you click to scout the player to pick the position you want him for.

I would like to see a player jump from being an average player in to a star over night, for example at the world cup a player has a great tornament and his CA ability can make a large jump or even the PA make a big jump if possible. That way scouting and watching major tournaments would be much more interesting! Or even a young up and coming player not showing much potencial having a unexpected jump in CA and PA.

Id like it if the game recognised particular stands

For example; I received a stadium capacity increase of c4500 seats. I'm managing Hull City. The news story stated that the extra seats would be on the West Stand. However, at the KC Stadium the West Stand is already two tiers. All the other stands are one tier. There is no person alive (ex Chelsea board members excepted) who would commit to a third tier  above a second tier for any other stand.

Small detail - but relevant

Archived