Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

finally found the thread, thanks Ackter

these may be posted somewhere up there before me, I'll read it later on, but for now here's what i have in mind...

Financier that could give the team some cash. In return some Financier may:

-want you to acquire this or that player in a given time

-give a certain player playing time or starting position

-reach a target/s in a certain time

-whatever comes to your mind then...

some might want to buy a team and maybe wants to have players on the team that are close to him or with same nationality

possibility of creating a league to countries that doesnt have... like the Philippines, it doesnt have a league, but an option may be created for a league to be made. Also to make it dynamic, there goes dynamic reputation that soon after that league becomes famous, its club/s may enter bigger and bigger international club competitions...

I think a full 'Chairman Mode' would be rather interesting. Admittedly, alot of people enjoy the actual game playing experience, but I myself seem to enjoy wheeling and dealing trying to get needed players. For instance, you hire a manager for your club, who in turn tells you what type of player he is looking for and what tactics the player would be deployed in.

It might not work and the idea will probably be shot down, but it is an idea. :)

As mentioned by others i'd quite like a few more stats for the leagues, for example a list of managers and stadium sizes, so that i don't have to go through each individual club to see whether any former players have made it as a manager or whether the stadiums have been upgraded

Applying For Jobs.

If I quietly apply for a job then why must the board find out about it?

"Declare Interest In Job" = talking to the media, current board get unhappy.

"Apply For Job" = send a letter to the chairman of new club, if he wants you then he'll ask for permission from your current board, otherwise he'll politely tell you your not considered without your current club ever finding out.

Perhaps a 1/10 chance of you quietly applying for the job being leaked to the media, particularly if you are the favourite.

Applying For Jobs.

"Apply For Job" = send a letter to the chairman of new club, if he wants you then he'll ask for permission from your current board, otherwise he'll politely tell you your not considered without your current club ever finding out.

Perhaps a 1/10 chance of you quietly applying for the job being leaked to the media, particularly if you are the favourite.

I agree completely and wholeheartedly.

-better graphic and match engine,more realistic

-better press conference

- include more leagues like macedonian

-option to build youth academies

-better stadiums and more realistic(crowd)

...-better negotiations

-more relationship with players,staff,board (you can go with player to restaurant on lunch, and more more other options .... )

-option to go with the team on preparations (training camp)

-when you won A trophy option to watch the ceremony after the match

- more interactions with the fans and referees

-training section should be improved .if we could see players training it would help us find more about the players. choose specific exercises and testing some tactics during training.

-option you to put the price on the tickets for each match

-option you to sign sponsors

-option more to control the finnances (merchandise)

This is my wish list

Better team talk:

I want to be able to arrange meetings with my team, at any time (not only when morale is low) and ask them questions like

- How do you like the team at the moment?

- Is anything bothering you?

- What do you think I could improve in my leadership?

- Are you nervous about the upcoming fixture?

- Is there any player or staff member you would like me to contact/sign?

- Are you comfortable with our current tactics?

- Do you have any questions for me to answer?

I would also like to talk to the individual players and be able to ask them things like

- What are your ambitions in your current club?

- How do you like the staff?

- How do you like your players?

- Is there any player you think is disrupting the harmony in the club?

- How would you like to play your role in this team?

More realistic contract clauses, offerings and ability to hurry up the paperwork

I would like to give players and sellers more creative clauses. For example, I would like to be able to send a player on multiple season loans. Also, I think that I should be able to offer a specific club to loan a player of mine. Maybe I'd like to offer only spanish clubs to loan one of my players for reasons like that the player would gain valuable experience playing in that league or that he would gain EU-citizenship by being loaned out to a spanish club for 2 seasons.

I would also like to be more involved when it comes to getting EU nationalities to non-EU players. As an example, I bought Luis Suarez from Ajax to Marseille when he had been in Holland for 1857 days. He needed to be there for 1825 days to gain EU citizenship, but he didn't. He needs to reside to Holland to gain this (paperwork). But in this case I think it would be reasonable for me to contact authorities to get the paperwork going so that he doesn't take up a non-EU spot in my squad.

Graphic overhaul

I think that FM could use a total graphic overhaul. This is something I would love to contribute with, as I am a professional graphics designer. It looks very much Windows XP/Web 2.0 at the moment.

Better performance on the mac

I have a MacBook Pro with a 2.6 ghz Intel i7 processor, ssd drive, 8 gb ram and NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB graphics. In other words a pretty damn good portable computer. I run FM without 3D and without sound. I use split screens and have classic dots playing football on the screen. Still the internal fans of the computer runs like h*ll and it gets hot as an oven. Why, oh why?!

iPad/Android

Come on. Full version, please.

I totally agree with Smurffy and his post. I was thinking about something similar using examples from matches. All of us have watched matches before, seen something and said "why the hell didn't player x do this??!!!" It would be great to pick out 1 point in the match, use a chalkboard function to show the players what you want them to do, then have it integrated into training. Of course the players would need time to practice what you want before it became part of your tactic but it would add realism to the training and development of players. Maybe a bit technical but it would probably cut down on my screaming at the screen if I knew there was something I could do about it.

As well, please please please improve press conferences and team talks. You should be able to tell a player to smarten up if he's complacent, he's an asshat if he gets a straight red for well, being an asshat, work harder when the player doesn't run for balls. They do achieve this in a roundabout sort of way with different comments but I'd like something a bit more specific. The press conferences are the same stuff all the time. More options and relevant comments about the game would be awesome.

Applying For Jobs.

Great idea mate, that would be awsome!

And also please improve co-ownerships: playing FM in Italy, I've noticed that all players' co-ownerships last two years. Excuse me, SI, but that's a bit unrealistic: the tendence here is to get a player in co-ownership from another team for just one year and then (when the co-ownership's year is almost over) choose to buy him, renew the co-ownership for another year by paying a sum to the other owner club, or sell the player.

What still is completely missing in the game is the possibility to sell the player's 50% part you own to another club: for example, Raffaele Palladino began last season being in co-ownership between Genoa and Juventus; during winter's transfer market Genoa sold their owned part to Parma, so Palladino went to be in co-ownership between Parma and Juventus.

Still, we don't have the possibility to send a player on loan to a third club when he is in co-ownership and plays for our club: for example, this happened last year to Davide Lanzafame, who was in co-ownership between Juventus and Palermo, but in Turin he didn't play much so during winter's transfer market Juventus sent him on loan to Brescia, of course with Palermo's agreement to the deal.

These actions are actually impossible but would add a little bit more realism to the game! ;)

I'd like players had more personality, more things to say, as in real life. Why do players never speaks through the media? Why when a new player is signed during the official presentation only manager is one who speaks? Even the captain of the team has got little to say in the game. There are also some players in football who are also great supporters of the team they play an are not model proffessional (like Kevin Großkreutz from BVB). He used to taunt rival players and fans before the match through the media. Give players more AI.

You should also improve newgens attributes. Its quite unrealistic when some central forwards tackling and marking attribute is about 14 or higher. When you look at actual players in fm database you will see some regularity in their stats. When you see CD you know it's CD, when you see midfield playmaker you know its midfield playmaker, because they both have same stats high (passing, creativity, technique, long shots etc.),and same stats low in majority (tackling, marking, positioning, header). Another thing is bravery, determination and aggression. Its not very realistic when some newgen has 20 bravery, 5 aggression and 7 determination. There are not much players like this in database. And among newgens its quite normal. Also header and jumping abilities - many smaller players with jumping<10 has also header<10. Newgen can be offensive midfielder or striker with 5 jumping and 16 header ability. Its not very common in real football.

The sooner the better really. If it's left until we 'announce' the game then we've already decided what is going to be in it so there aren't likely to be any major additions on top of that.

Ideas for the future are always welcome

Nice to see some active "admins" on a videogame board. Thumps up.

I've played FM/CM since 1996/97 and really enjoyed every game, but lately, well, to be exact the last two releases, I have found myself really missing some features, that I've seen in other manager games.

And that is a way more advanced youth development system. I've seen that most of us like to buy young players and shape them our self. This is only possible to a certain degree as things are now and not really fulfilling.

Let us build youth camps, invest more money in the youth, be able to shape them and so on.

Total Club Manager (FIFA Manager now?) had an idea of how to do it. But it can easily be upgraded from what they had/have in that section. Their youth department is not really that advanced, but it is still more advanced

than what FM have at this moment. This should really be the next big implementation in the FM series and a natural one also. IF you look at how real life football is, then we are also moving more and more in the clubs focusing

on developing their own players and with the new Fairplay rules, we are only going to see more and more of this.

You know the manager overview screen, where you can choose the things that are visible?

You can choose the top training performances in there, which is great, but there is a lot of space for more names than just the top five or so players.

I'd like to see the top AND bottom training performances in that list.

Furthermore I'd appreciate it if the training performance bar from there were available as a visible column in your squad screen. In fact I'd like this even more. :)

Customisable onscreen club mascots - I want to see a giant red chicken jumping up and down on the touchline when I score. It could also take part in the....

End of season animation - promotion marked by mass pitch invasion and celebration by those little blobby spectators; underachievement noted as the team take a lap of 'honour' to dead silence as the crowd stream out of the ground towards the car park; relegation sees the team running for the dressing room as missiles rain down and the east stand gets torched.,

The 'Pay x player x amount of cash till end of contract thing'

Think this could do with some changes. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a decent thing to put it, but could be tweaked. As I understand it, either you accept and they go, or you refuse and the player stays. At least I've never had a transfer go through when I've refused it (I'm looking at you Joe Cole, I'm not paying you 60 grand to play for Blackburn!)

What I'd like to see, is the ability to call the players bluff. Refuse, and then occasionally have the result where a player will sheepishly back down and go through with the transfer, or perhaps lessen their demands. Also, point out to the player that you'll simply stick them in the reserves for the rest of their contract, which will ruin their career(which would be quite a threat to ambitious players), or other similar threats.

Thoughts?

I would love to see the Hall of fame more elaborate. Not just "domestic title", but some details. I would love to go in to the hall of fame and actually see what makes these managers great. For example, when clicking a manager in the hall of fame, all the titles comes up in detail; "Won English Premier League in 2011-12", and when I click that particular title, even more details come up about it; "Was predicted to finish ?th, key players, top goalscorer" etc...

I have also been missing a Hall of fame not just for titles, but also for other achievments. There could be another point system for this perhaps, based on league rep and media prediction and team rep? For example, if a manager brings a team from BSN to PL, he's worth mentioning, even without any major titles. Brought Blackpool to a 2nd place in PL despite being predicted 20th? Same here, worth a lot, and should be mentioned. It's not only the title-winning managers that become legends, and I would love for that to show in the game. For me personally, it's definitely not always the titles that I'm the most proud of. What do you think?

After your team is awarded a penalty, you should be asked who you would like to take the penalty. Just a simple, drop-down box with the names of the players currently on the pitch and their PK attribute.

Comparison to real life would be a manager on the sidelines yelling for a preferred penalty taker.

This feature gives a greater amount of control to the manager - it's more realistic. It could also be a way to break cold streaks for players.

Similarly, PK shootouts should have an option of selecting/ordering your PK takers right before the actual shootout (I don't know if this is already implemented).

International teams aren't always forced to call 3 GK, so maybe changing that so it's more like IRL. Also, as someone posted in this sub forum, the posibility to shout individual players during the match, specially for the players that are being complacent or nervous

I don't know if its been mentioned but maybe you could learn to speak a another language as you play the game so its easier to get jobs in those countries, nothing silly like knowing ten but learning spanish while you manage in League 1 might be good.

Or even better, when you create your profile, you can specify if you know a 2nd language without needing to add a 2nd nationality. For example, I know english, but I can't make that happen in the game

After your team is awarded a penalty, you should be asked who you would like to take the penalty. Just a simple, drop-down box with the names of the players currently on the pitch and their PK attribute.

Comparison to real life would be a manager on the sidelines yelling for a preferred penalty taker.

This feature gives a greater amount of control to the manager - it's more realistic. It could also be a way to break cold streaks for players.

Similarly, PK shootouts should have an option of selecting/ordering your PK takers right before the actual shootout (I don't know if this is already implemented).

Top idea with the one-off penalty and getting to chose the taker then and there but this might just annoy fans looking for a smoother faster game play, especially as you can change penalty taker before the game (for example if your striker was having a cold streak). The ordering of takers is already in place before a shootout.

I would love to see the Hall of fame more elaborate. Not just "domestic title", but some details. I would love to go in to the hall of fame and actually see what makes these managers great. For example, when clicking a manager in the hall of fame, all the titles comes up in detail; "Won English Premier League in 2011-12", and when I click that particular title, even more details come up about it; "Was predicted to finish ?th, key players, top goalscorer" etc...

I have also been missing a Hall of fame not just for titles, but also for other achievments. There could be another point system for this perhaps, based on league rep and media prediction and team rep? For example, if a manager brings a team from BSN to PL, he's worth mentioning, even without any major titles. Brought Blackpool to a 2nd place in PL despite being predicted 20th? Same here, worth a lot, and should be mentioned. It's not only the title-winning managers that become legends, and I would love for that to show in the game. For me personally, it's definitely not always the titles that I'm the most proud of. What do you think?

Yes, a thousand times yes!

This would be a great benefit for the all experience. For examples, in FM2011 when we win the Europa legue, it shows on the Hall of fame something link "minor european trophy". Common... it's the Europa league. give us the credits for the win. Another example, some achivements like reaching a Champions League Final, or a World Cup Final, it's also tremendous achivements for any manager.

I dont say that we should receive points for reaching a final, but it should be mention in the Hall of fame.

Recieve invites to play in pre-season tournaments around the world and see the amount of money for profits. After that, we can accept or not.

Like Internacional here in Brazil, who has recieve a invite to play in Audi Cup.

Don't know if this was brought up before but certainly this is something that has to be changed.

Whenever you bring success to a relatively small club even after a season or 2 seasons, you are starting to get offers from huge clubs;

I just got offer from Man Utd after 2 successful seasons in Israel (with a medium size club) which I took 2 championships and 1 domestic cup.

That would even be unrealistic even if it was to be 10 domestic championships in a row.

Don't know if this was brought up before but certainly this is something that has to be changed.

Whenever you bring success to a relatively small club even after a season or 2 seasons, you are starting to get offers from huge clubs;

I just got offer from Man Utd after 2 successful seasons in Israel (with a medium size club) which I took 2 championships and 1 domestic cup.

That would even be unrealistic even if it was to be 10 domestic championships in a row.

On a slightly related note...

How come, after 2 promotions in 4 seasons with Hereford the bulk of my squad are being courted by bigger clubs and yet, despite having loads of players who are good enough for a higher level, my team is still expected to finish bottom... it makes no sense, if the players are that good, then the team as a whole must also be, no?

Not had chance to read through all this as I haven't got all day BUT say I'm a Championship club and have cast my eye over this player in League 2 whose knocking them in but is 21 and won't get into my team yet, I sign him in January but say I buy him from Rotherham, there should be a clause in the offer saying that the player will be instantly loaned back to this club straight after the transfer goes through!

You see it all the time and this idea has been brought up on numerous occassions in the last few years, time to stick it in SI!

A few annoyances from FM11 I would like to have fixed:

- Off side replays. Either show them every time a goal is disallowed due to off side, or don't show them at all. Right now, they are sometimes shown, and sometimes not. And allow me an option to turn them off if I don't really care about it.

- Penalty replays. Don't show me a replay of the goal itself ... who cares. Either he scores or he misses. Instead show the situation that led to the penalty.

- Player motivations. 'Deserved his yellow card'. This seem to stick to the player for the rest of the game. So if he gets it after 3 min., then for the next 87+ minutes, I will have no clue if he is complacent or motivated or what. Show it under AssMan's comments if you want, as I think it has little relevance to his current motivation. If you really want something about the card in his motivations, then it should be what he feels about it .. did he think it was unfair or not?

- Custom views. PLEASE fix this. It has been a problem and annoyance since it was introduced. Resizing columns is bad, sometimes views are not saved, columns not containing any information etc. Also please include as many different data columns to be selected (I especially miss 'Media Handling types' and 'Reputation' as a column)

- MUCH better documentation of all features. Tutoring being a prime example.

- Better control of the Reserves/U-teams without having to take full control. Like asking AssMan to play a specific player in a specific position.

- Set-piece takers. If this is changed after submitting the team, the information is never saved, which is fine. But allow me to save it if I want to.

- Individual tactics settings. It is annoying that if I set my AMR player to play a specific way, because he has high Crossing and Long-shots, I have to go in and manually change the AMR postion settings, if he is substituted. Let me set some for a player that will override the position settings. That way I can set the AMR postion to play the way I want for my team, but still tweak it for each of my different AMRs without having to keep clicking around during a match or before a match.

Lastly, but most importantly for me ... don't send out new features that are not fully developed. It seems you guys have preciously little development time from the last patch is sent out, until the next release. Which sometimes hampers development of new or redesigned features, making them seem a bit half-assed. Sadly I know this will never happen, as that would mean that only a data-update with minor fixes and improvements would be sent out every other year, and the fans probably wouldn't want to pay full price to that. But I wanted to put the suggestion in there anyways ;)

Spanish reserve sides!

- I cannot have B team players train with first squad, thus I cannot tutor them

- B team manager makes idiotic transfers (very characteristic for the AI) filling the B team with players that will never be good enough for the first squad but are still good enough to steal playing time from my youngsters

- Reserve players that aren't getting to play in the B team blaming me, not the B team manager, but me, for letting them down etc.

A few annoyances from FM11 I would like to have fixed:

- Off side replays. Either show them every time a goal is disallowed due to off side, or don't show them at all. Right now, they are sometimes shown, and sometimes not.

- Penalty replays. Don't show me a replay of the goal itself ... who cares. Either he scores or he misses. Instead show the situation that led to the penalty.

- Player motivations. 'Deserved his yellow card'. This seem to stick to the player for the rest of the game. So if he gets it after 3 min., then for the next 87+ minutes, I will have no clue if he is complacent or motivated or what. Show it under AssMan's comments if you want, as I think it has little relevance to his current motivation. If you really want something about the card in his motivations, then it should be what he feels about it .. did he think it was unfair or not?

- Custom views. PLEASE fix this. It has been a problem and annoyance since it was introduced. Resizing columns is bad, sometimes views are not saved, columns not containing any information etc. Also please include as many different data columns to be selected.

- MUCH better documentation of all features. Tutoring being a prime example.

- Better control of the Reserves/U-teams without having to take full control. Like asking AssMan to play a specific player in a specific position.

- Set-piece takers. If this is changed after submitting the team, the information is never saved, which is fine. But allow me to save it if I want to.

- Individual tactics settings. It is annoying that if I set my AMR player to play a specific way, because he has high Crossing and Long-shots, I have to go in and manually change the AMR postion settings, if he is substituted. Let me set some for a player that will override the position settings. That way I can set the AMR postion to play the way I want for my team, but still tweak it for each of my different AMRs without having to keep clicking around during a match or before a match.

Lastly, but most importantly for me ... don't send out new features that are not fully developed. It seems you guys have preciously little development time from the last patch is sent out, until the next release. Which sometimes hampers development of new or redesigned features, making them seem a bit half-assed. Sadly I know this will never happen, as that would mean that only a data-update with minor fixes and improvements would be sent out every other year, and the fans probably wouldn't want to pay full price to that. But I wanted to put the suggestion in there anyways ;)

Amen! I agree with all your points, more or less, but I've been requesting and wanting the bolded one for a few years now. Especially "long shots" being position-specific is laughable - like all DMCs, for example, are good long shooters and no DCs are good shooters from distance. I really hope that at least the individual tactics settings are implemented this year, if not all of your suggestions/wishes.

would like a table of teams with the stats of how many times they have hit the woodwork and also how many goals disallowed in a season.

Probably would never happen as it would show the massive flaw in the ME against non AI teams.

Not sure if mentioned, also may not be massive but I do see people wanting to create better regional leagues etc.

Would there be a way to make the co-ordinates better regarding the region borders? As we know, borders are not always straight.

Could it be possible to build in some sort of interactive map of the world so we could somehow 'trace' region borders, or make up our own etc, and to translate this into the editor?

Or maybe a bit easier, have something in the editor that we could maybe assign the teams/competitions to certain regions/towns/cities/states. That is, have a region/county/city(or whatever) editing option for the teams/competitions in the editor and this would make the relegation/promotion more realistic, relegation especially and stop things like 'west' division teams being relegated to 'east' division for example.

For example, you want a main national top division and have a set of state/county sub divisions on the next level. And say, one relegation spot from the top comp using a relegation playoff system with the winners of the state/county leagues. So if the top division team goes down in the playoffs and belongs to State League 1 say (according to regions/counties etc), and the top team from State League 2 was promoted, the relegation would still be correct and the bottom team from State League 1 is relegated to let the top division relegated team in and a team from a region 2 lower league would be promoted to State League 2. So having an editing option for this would be great I think. Or have I missed something?

Bit of waffle but just my two cents.

Not sure if mentioned, also may not be massive but I do see people wanting to create better regional leagues etc.

Would there be a way to make the co-ordinates better regarding the region borders? As we know, borders are not always straight.

Could it be possible to build in some sort of interactive map of the world so we could somehow 'trace' region borders, or make up our own etc, and to translate this into the editor?

Or maybe a bit easier, have something in the editor that we could maybe assign the teams/competitions to certain regions/towns/cities/states. That is, have a region/county/city(or whatever) editing option for the teams/competitions in the editor and this would make the relegation/promotion more realistic, relegation especially and stop things like 'west' division teams being relegated to 'east' division for example.

For example, you want a main national top division and have a set of state/county sub divisions on the next level. And say, one relegation spot from the top comp using a relegation playoff system with the winners of the state/county leagues. So if the top division team goes down in the playoffs and belongs to State League 1 say (according to regions/counties etc), and the top team from State League 2 was promoted, the relegation would still be correct and the bottom team from State League 1 is relegated to let the top division relegated team in and a team from a region 2 lower league would be promoted to State League 2. So having an editing option for this would be great I think. Or have I missed something?

Bit of waffle but just my two cents.

I totally agree with you mate!

For example, the current version of the game assigns teams casually to their next league when they're relegated from Italian Serie B to Lega Pro. The current Lega Pro system actually 'splits' Italy on a north/south line, so let's say Alessandria would never play against Barletta in the same league. That's because these teams don't have much money to spend travelling along all parts of Italy every week, so just north/south clubs that specifically ask to play respectively against south/north teams are allowed to play in the same league, but the current version doesn't pay attention to that and the result is obviously an unrealistic Italian lower leagues system... :thdn:

Not a very important feature, but maybe a bit entertaining.

I would love to have pre-season predictions from newspapers, former players/managers and pundits. Where they tip the divisions top three and who they think would be relegated.

Just to add som spice to the forthcoming season.

I totally agree with you mate!

Cheers, its not that good how it is now with the region borders.

Would think it would be better and simpler to program an option in the editor to edit where that/this team/competition belongs to.......National, State(New South Wales in Oz for example), County(Essex...or whatever)... then we could assign the appropriate teams to their 'geographical' region/place/town to help the promotions/relegations. Especially relegations to correct divisions when there is one parent 'national' division above.

Not that important but I did say that in my post.. ; ) .although I think it would be an easy enough and good addition to the editing, since we can unlock 'advanced' features already with the good modders around.

Indepth Feeder and Parent clubs

When forming a link with another club Feeder or Parent you negotiate terms just as you would with a player's contract, length of the link and whether it's renewable. Yearly fee, loaning, advertising, exposure for the smaller of the two clubs, basically being able to hash out in detail the terms of linking to another club, including the current options and possible additional options.

I love it!!

- I think affiliate options isn't enought important and deep in FM. but i think it really can become something awesome.

Something else: we should be able to send players in a parent club for training!

exemple in real: hong kong team "South China" is affiliate with Tottenham, and the player "Chan Siu-Ki" been training there for some times.

in FM the affiliate between these two clubs exist, but it don't work, you can't send players to tottenham.

it can be useful for small teams with young local talent.

- I like the ideas about open academy around the world too, but it should be very expensive. and the "training camp" one is awesome too. :applause:

I've decided that pictures like this should be the reason for testimonials.

251574_209248925791224_154015724647878_527087_5515976_n.jpg

Imagine being able to see pictures of your former legends playing in testimonials with some of your squad taking part, and an email appearing in your inbox with some pictures of what happened during the game.

Yes, I know it's probably not possible for real players, but I don't see why we can't have it for regens.

-Being asked to name your squad for a tour. Teams don't take every single player they have at the club

-Work friendlies into the MLS schedule. As an MLS manager you aren't required to take advantage, but as a top club in European leagues, you can tour the US during these friendlies playing against MLS teams. (Or allow the ability to select fellow foreign teams to play in US stadiums, as is done in real life).

Players follow tactics to a degree that theres almost no mistakes. In real life, its very hard to have all 11 players on the pitch comitted and doing exactly what you want them to do. Take counter attacks for example. All the opposing teams defence run back so fast to their positions. impossibly fast actually, in complete disregard to their actual conditions. Even tired players run back as fast as they can. In real life, its hard to have ALL the players running back at the same time, because that depends on their commitment, condition, and several other factors that usually arent factored into FM.

tactics should be more dependant on players mental and physical attributes. Its extremely hard to have every player doing what you want for 90 minutes and its extremely unrealistic. Tired players in the game still make impossibly fast forward runs and counter attack runs, to a point that you can hardly feel if players even get tired at all.

Tactics shouldnt be TOO specific, to a degree where you can map the players footsteps, basically because youre (in theory) using humans, and humans are prone to mistakes. If anything, tactics should be tweaked to allow more mistakes to happen and more players breaking loose from formations based on their mental stats and commitment to the game.

Just look at real life football, how many teams can actually perform the 4-4-2 that ManU uses to an extent that you can actually see two perfect lines in the field? Every team playing 4-4-2 in FM has perfect lines, no matter the quality of the players. Its just something to consider.

Also id love to be able to have more than one player tackling at once. Defensive midfielders are extremely pointless in the game until this feature is available.

The youth recruitment network should be upgradable in the same way as the youth/training facilites IMO

Imagine your basic recruitment is just putting an ad in the paper saying that there will be trials held. Then, as you upgrade, you attend schools tournaments and local schools. Upgrade again, and you have someone watching the U-16 leagues on a Saturday morning. The top echelon should be having someone at U-11 games and all the rest put together.

I'm not saying that the quality of the regens should improve, I'm saying that there should be scope to improve YOUR recruitment network. Perhaps have, say, a Head of Youth Scouting? Same as a Youth Coach, if he has JPP/JPA 20 and Working With Youngsters 20, you should get a more targetted level of intake.

My Wish List.

*Assistant Manager alerts during the game. When your no.2 spots something important like an injury or a player losing discipline a little red speech bubble could appear in a bottom corner (though it should be a feature you could switch off as some wou;dn't want constant advice).

*More realistic transfers in with the physio doing a fitness report before you click on the 'Agree' [to sign] button.

*The occasional scrap on the pitch. I'm not condoning fighting or violence, but once in a while a decision is disputed in the match engine but players are all walking away from the referee. It won't glorify such events, if anything it'll show how inconvenient it can be to a manager when you face a load of fines and bans.

*An old complaint for me but most managers have a say in what colours their team will be playing in. The ability to redesign you kit is FMRTE is brilliant, but if included in the game could be a good way of generating funds at the start of each season.

*Probably difficult to muck around with the fixtures programme on FM2012 but the occassional postponement/abandonment due to snow/fog/floodlight failure would add realism.

*More fluid positions in formations.

*A full database of individual grounds would probably take the game away from those with mid-range PCs but little tweaks could enhance the 3D experience. Balls rebounding through the net for example. A tunnel. A line of yellow vested security between supporters when it's a match against rivals. Pitchside photographers at the big games. Actually seeing the end of every match. Trophy presentations (though nothing too tacky please).

*Testimonials and the option to bring in an old boys team as mentioned above.

*A transfer rumours section that's more in tune with modern media such as twitter.

*Occasional non-footballing crises like players going absent due to personal reasons, tax investigations (if you're managing Spurs) and supporter action when they are disgruntled.

*Shareholder and fan meetings once a year. Giving the manager a chance to answer a few sticky questions to try to impress the board and keep the supporters association happy.

The chance to give the board targets when you join a new club / sign a new deal.

"We're delighted you've signed on as our new manager, do you have any particular way you want the club to be run?:"

• I would like us to concentrate on youth, therefore I would like us to upgrade the youth facilites as much as possible
  • I want our team to be the most well-drilled in the league, therefore I would like the training facilities upgraded
  • I would like us to sign a world-class player for the team and I would like the funds to do so
  • I intend to run with a large squad, so I would like a larger wage budget
  • I have no particular plans for the club

I dont know if this as been mention, but heres my ideia.

I would like to have the option to save the atributes for any player of my team, or any player i scout. After i save those atributes, i would have an option in the atribute player panel where the atributes would be showed like this:

finishing 14 (9)

Jumping 12 (5)

The values between () would be the atribute value at the time i save them.

This could be very useful for checking the evolution of my players, special the regen.

For example, my scout point a player to me. I scout the player, and then i save his atributes. With this option would be very easy, say on year later, and check waht atributes had increase.

Archived