Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

It would be awesome if FM12 had a feature where you can play the game no matter how long it's been since you bought it via Steam, or which updates download into oyur game without you wanting it. I know it's a crazy idea but hey, it could happen one day.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, apologies if somebody has mentioned it before, but it's simply impossible to read all 71 pages.

My biggest wish for FM 12 is concerned with the PRE-SEASON PREPARATION.

It would be fantastic to expand this option. What I mean is, for example, managers should be able to arrange tours in different countries like Liverpool in Asia and Real Madrid in the US this year. Not only just making friendly matches, but making special trainings, preparations and other various options concerned with pre-season.

You can arrange tours already.

When setting up a Friendly, choose "Tour" under Type instead of "Friendly Match," select your country and you're off.

What he means is that you're able to do other things besides playing friendlies in those countries during your tour there.

The original versions of the game back in the CM days gripped us all not because the game had so much depth but because of the easy and fluid playability. Finally we could take over our inept clubs and restore them back to glory. Lets all face it, the best part of FM is the start of a new season when you have some money and you can buy players. I think alot of aspects have become boring and routine as it is impossible to provide neverending variety. So as opposed to adding new aspects I think its just as important to ditch some as well as inproving others. I have tried to keep below as brief as possible as I could write essays about this stuff:

- match day instructions good idea in theory but pointless, who watches the entire game?

- individual attribute training, its obvious in real likfe if a player lacks at something they will work on it

- manager contracts, I am not actually being paid so what do I care about the salary, just state club have offered you contract untill _ accept?

- constantly changing players individual tactics for every game yawwwn, how about setting individual players tactics which stick to that player?

- position training, you should be able to train a player to become natural in a position which says accomplished

- staff shortlist

- throw in takers, any god damn player can take a simple throw in and no team chooses a player to take all throw ins unless you have Delap in your side. I am Liverpool and chose Johnson to take my throw ins on the right but the game wants me to have Aurelio to take them all cos he ahs a long throw?

- I think a couple more styles of football should be avialable. Just because you have a target man should not mean you have to play direct football. You are allowed to play a pssing game and mix it up every now and then with a diagonal ball

- better sense of acievement instead of "Liverpool win FA cup", I have just won a trophy and I want to see it!

- star ratings need a tweak, gerrard 3* playing MR, the guy is top draw wherever he plays

- press conferences ar soooooo boring, they say the same thing and you give the same answers and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

- promises should be an option for buying a player, ie how many games he will get if joining and where you think the club is going etc

- the above one will also make sense for players who want to leave for bigger club etc, "i promise to get us in champs league next year" etc

I haver to stop as I could go on all day. The game is so near from being bang on and once it is it can be finely tweaked over the years as no big changes will be needed

Hey mate a player can learn a new position. You have to play him in that position and the same time position train him. After some time (propably long), the position will become natural.

Individual training exist in this version and does a really good job.

You want to keep it simple but at the same time you want to see a trophy cabinet?Give me a break.

My opinion is change or destroy press conferences. Improve Corner system: 2-3 goals i concede or score come from corners despite settings is default.

Youngster on academy should start with lower CA and higher PA average. This way it will be more interesting and much more challenging to develop and not just find a great youngster every 5 years on our academy who can win world cup by the time he is 17.

Youngster on academy should start with lower CA and higher PA average. This way it will be more interesting and much more challenging to develop and not just find a great youngster every 5 years on our academy who can win world cup by the time he is 17.

I like this idea.

I would take it further and do it to all Youngsters, but the tutoring needs to be easier and youngsters refusing loans needs to be fixed.

Hey mate a player can learn a new position. You have to play him in that position and the same time position train him. After some time (propably long), the position will become natural.

Individual training exist in this version and does a really good job.

You want to keep it simple but at the same time you want to see a trophy cabinet?Give me a break.

Can a position that a player already has marked down as accomplished (at start of game) be converted to natural . . did not know that could be done.

I know the individual training already exists, what I am saying is get rid of it. What do we have coaches for? In real life the coaches will see what a player is lacking and will work on it. I did not know having one more tab on the manager profile showing trophies won makes things complicated? Did you agree with any of my points or just pick out bits you didnt like. Lets have some balance fella

Different squad statuses for keepers. i.e. Number one keeper (instead of key player/indespensible), competition for #1 (instead of first-team player), understudy (instead of rotation), back-up/cup-run keeper (instead of back-up), hot prospect, youngster.

Not entirely sure why I want this. When I dreamed it up there seemed to be a point to it but it's 1:41 in the morning so I'm not thinking too clearly at the minute

No idea if this has been mentioned, but here we go:

Customization. I want to be able to turn off FEATURES within the game (off the top of my head: agents and press conferences). I want tickboxes that will let me get rid of anything that not a core feature. I want to be able to go back to the old player purchase/negotiation system. It's my game and I should be able to play it (just like I think anyone who actually likes the agent feature should be able to play with it).

Editor. I want to be able to edit everything. I want to be able to change confederations (number of nations within each, plus WC qualifying formats; I want to add/remove/change confederation championships [for the senior squads, U-21 squads, U-19, etc.]; I want to be able to edit a nation's automatic second nation, if necessary; etc. etc. etc.). I want to be able to edit international competitions. And I want all of this without enabling a hidden advanced panel. Documentation that explains terms would be nice, too, for those of us who aren't English.

I doubt SI pays attention to this thread, but on the off chance anyone does: thank you for a series of excellent games. FM11 was, IMO, a colossal failure. I know you can rebound with FM12. Prove me right.

The thing I really want a checkbox for is UEFA requirements. 8 players raised in England, 4 home grown players and all that. Really, really, really, dislike this feature. I know the game is supposed to reflect the real footballing world, but... ugh, this one really restricts the "fantasy" part of FM.

OK. I'll bite, what's the "Arse" command? And careful with that:thup:

For legal reasons SI blocked players being sent off/banned for less savoury incidents (eg pushing the ref, drug abuse etc).

The "Arse" command took the block off therefore allowing these type of incidents in your save.

No doubt there will be tweaks to the ME and UI, as there are every year. What I'd particularly like are revamped media/interaction options, training to be expanded further and some extra transfer clause options added. FM11 is not as bad as it is painted IMO - I never got into 2010 myself, but feel 2011 is far deeper.

+ More questions from journalists - it may not be new but it's popularity emphasises its importance - or at least the ability to add custom questions in the editor.

+ More possible answers to give - 7 instead of 5 would make it a little deeper and cause less repetition.

+ I'd like to see news outlets pick up on more than 1 answer, or players react to different ones - it seems the game selects one answer out of the 7/8 you give and one or two players will react. I said on a new job I like to play attacking football - my striker liked it. However I'd said in a different question that the strongest area of my team was defence - I'd like to see my defenders react to that too.

+ When the match report is displayed after a game, add a little depth to it. Say who delivered the cross or through ball for the player who scored. Instead of "an effort from the edge of the box" or "a close range effort", put a little more detail. "Giggs' through ball was steered home by Rooney", "Lampard fired home from 12 yards", "Crouch was on hand from close range to poke home Bale's cross ". The game knows the distance the goal was scored from, and whether it was a powerful shot or a placed one - so use that information. He stroked/slotted it home. He smashed/drilled it in. He turned it over the line. Just add a bit of variety. And maybe mention clear cut chances more - "Suarez was unlucky as his speculative curling effort struck the upright", or "Heskey missed a golden opportunity in the 19th minute when he blazed over from Agbonlahor's cut-back".

+ Much like press conferences, give us more to talk to players about. It has really made them feel more unique and human, having different relationships with different personality types - don't let that fall stagnant, expand on it.

+ Job interviews - mention what we want to do for the club, our aims, our plans, how much budget we'd like, mention a player we'd like to sign or a position we want to strengthen. The board responds with its expectations - it may say "we have no money in our budget so you'll have to sell before you can buy", or throw money around left right and centre. It's relationship with you in the interview, or in the first meeting when you're announced as manager, will hint to you about their patience, flexibility and support for you as you go forward.

+ Give us clearer training options. I like that specific focus can be added in 2011 - your promising centre back can learn tackling or build up his stamina - but some are missing. Marking is a key one which is linked to positioning but can definitely be taught, yet isn't available to pick - unlike determination or flair it is not an innate character trait, a bad marker can be made better - I know this as I've taught players in my real life team myself!

+ Add "if we stay up" bonuses, much like 'after promotion' bonuses - and "if we stay up" payments to the selling club to mirror promotion clauses. If I'm struggling in the Prem and buy a key Championship player, I want to tell the selling club I offer 2m upfront and a further 2m if he keeps us up this season. To the player, you get 15k p/w but a nice big juicy bonus if we stay up - much like a team of the year bonus.

+ And add these things in the editor! If I'm setting up a future transfer I want to say what the squad number will be, landmark goal bonuses etc - all the clauses in-game should be editable for current contracts and future transfers in the editor. At the moment it seems random what you can and can't edit.

Hope these sorts of threads do get read by SI. Y'never know.

1.)We could spend our moneys which we earn in club.

2.)We could control sponsors.

3.)We could sell our stadiums' names and stands' namesto sponsors in game.

4.)Sponsors will be real.From that SİGAMES earns money

5.)Match engine will change.

6.)The questions in press conference will be more.

7.)There will be cup ceremony.

8.)We could donate our eanings to our clup.

9.)The player which plays 1.5 M € per annum before couldn't want 3.5 M € per annum.

10.)We could open youth academies in different cities and countries.

11.)There could be "interpreter" to foreign players and they will have got new tab "Languages"

12.)There will be new staffs like lawyer, stadium manager, sales department manager etc... and they have got other attributes like:

For lawyer: Defending the people, speech etc...

For stadium manager: Understanding from pitch, architecture etc..

For sales department manager: Financal control, statics, relation with supporters etc..

13.)We could set the price of tickets and ticket prices could change to stand.

14.)We could sell products like kits, scarfs, flags etc.. and we could buy they and we could set the price.

15.)The game could be Turkish.

16.)We could see chairman's and other manager's attributes.

17.)We could open supporter's store on cities and countries where we want.

18.)There could be preparation camps.

19.)There could be punishments like closing stadium, playing match in neutral stadium etc...

I'd like a more hardcore option that hides attributes completely or just gives a rating as in Very Poor ( 1-5 ) , Poor ( 6-10 ) Good (11-15) very good ( 16-20 ) and make players watch matches to check for players and only have a hint about how good a player actually is in a category. And of course getting an exact rating , for example a very good for a 17 attribute , would require really good scouters.

Same for training, don't show sliders just tell if he has improved on something or if he s working on something, etc. You get the point.

This should only come as an additional difficulty level.

- increase the AI's training management , give them more schedules, etc AND increase the AI Capability to manage they're youngsters etc.

- Give managers more control over the relationship with the fans.

- Give fans a bigger power in the game. Let us know how they feel.

- Give chairmans more power in the game. We all know there are chairmans who do the transfers without asking managers , are more impulsive , etc. Show it in game.

One last point : Make the transfers more accurate. Sometimes we're asked to pay stupid prices for players that are far from deserving those prices. For example I got asked as Barcelona 360 milions for Fabregas in the second year when in the real life Arsenal would ask about 50 milion. Same goes for players like Rooney, Pato, etc. At the very most they should ask 100 milion for Rooney, even though thats not justified but going over that is lame.

I have a couple of ideas.

I have an Idea. It really annoys me when you see every single stadium looking the same.

This is the example i have come up with.

507641_2fe163b2.jpg

This is Adams Park, the home of Wycombe Wanderers. It may not be the best photo of the ground, but it demonstrates my point.

ColchesterStadium-db12275.jpg

Thie is the Weston Homes Community Stadium, home of Colchester. I chose these two stadia as, give or take 100 people, they have the same capacity.

As you can see, at Adams Park the 4 stands differ in size, the far stand clearly being the larger with a double teir. Whereas the 3 others are relatively small, only one teir.

Whereas at Weston Homes, all 4 stands are roughly the same. The two ends are almost exactly the same, apart from the box that homes the stadium control type thing being in one. The same can be said for the two sides. Both are roughly the same, the only difference being that one homes the VIP boxes or whatever you want to call them.

This leads me to think, although these two stadia have almost exactly the same capacity, they look completely different, however in FM they will look almost identical in every way.

Basically what needs to happen is this, as obolensky said, you need to be able to edit indivdual stands, not the stadium as a whole.

Each stand should have it's own individual editor. Looking Like This, with an example:

Stand Name: The Bobby Robson North Stand

End or Side: End

Capacity: 15000

Number of Tiers: 2

VIP Boxes: No

Extension Capacity: 30000

Used Capacity: 15000

Seated Capacity: 15000

Standing Capacity: 0

Number of Home Fans Capacity: 15000

Number of Away Fans Capacity: 0

Roof: Yes

Colour of Seating: (Using the Colour Thing) Blue

Obviously, it's not going to look exactly alike, but you know, theres a general feel of it.

Also for the stadium editor, it should have things such as if there is seating in the corners, some teams have curved corners to fit in steaing, some don't. Also, not all teams have their tunnel in the middle, like Old Trafford, we should be able to change that. Also things such as Running Tracks should be able to be added, or the fencing that they have in european stadia. The backgrounds could also be changed, with housing, rural or something else able to put in. Car parks could be added. This in turn could be a thing that the board could choose to add, if the club has room they may choose to build a car park to bring in more fans.

I think with this suggestion, expanding the stadium would be much easier. Instead of expanding the whole stadium, you can expand a single stand, or multiple stands. This way you do not have to leave a stadium while it is expanded, simply not have the stand that is being expanded availible to use.

I think these changes are an ideal suggestion for the game, and i don't know easy they would be to implement, but the stands having differing sizes shouldn't be too hard.

Now, these are ideas i saw implemented in Championship Manager 10. It wasn't the greatest game, was a poor last game for the series that had been so good, i only bought it as it was £2.51.

However, no matter how bad it was, there were some ideas i really quite liked, and when there are good ideas, you should use them.

First Off: Watching Training/Training Routines

Now, this was an idea i really really really liked. Basically, you could set up a training routine, such as a shooting routine, corners, free kicks or a practice XI vs XI match. I shall show this with images:

large_image.jpg

which would result in something similar to this:

Click here to see it as i had use a link not image as i ran out of image space.

I really like this idea, not only does it train the players, but you can see how good players are without seeing them in a game situation. Although, the players may not be under the pressure of a game situation with defenders and such like, i would assume that the result would be exaclty as it would in a match in the same situation. This would be particularly useful for youth players or triallists, especially triallists that you take on mid season and cannot see in matches. I know that you can put them in reserve matches, but sometimes this won't be fair on the guy, as he probably won't get the same service he would in the first team.

Also i think the XI vs Xi feature is particlarly useful:

large_image.jpg

As it says in that box at the bottom, it could be used for all sorts of useful things. Testing triallists, youths, or a whole team when you first join them. This is particularly useful as it can be done any time and will also train players at the same time. Trying new tactics with your senior team without being in a competitive match mid season is also useful.

Secondly: Creating Set Pieces

961037_20090622_790screen003.jpg

Although CM 2010's effort at this was pretty poor, i am confident that FM could make a better job of it. In CM 2010 there was a feature that allowed you to create your own set piece routines. I know that FM already does this to an etent, but you cannot control the moves that the players take and who in particular the taker croses to, and how he does that. With this, you could create better set pieces, in my opinion. Such as a lay off type free kick done properly, that infamous man utd corner you may or may not have seen where they lay it off very short and aother player runs along and takes it, you may or may not have seen it, and it may or may not work, but that's not the point. We all see teams do routines which involve players running in different directions to lose markers and end up in prime positions for them to score. You get teams with players stading in bunches, then all running it different directions making them hard to pick up. This sort of thing can further benefit your game and get you the odd goal, and of course, if you make a bad one, not get you any.

Thirdly: Better Match Analysis

HullvBrighton2010_01.jpg

Here you can see that they have provided a replay of an event that was good or showed somethign useful, this time a shot on goal. I think this could be useful. It also provides the lines of where people ran with the ball, passed the ball etc, so that you can see who did what. I really don't have much to say about this, it pretty much speaks for itself as being able to review actions in a game and other things.

These are some suggestions i think that could go in. I know they're all from CM 2010, but i'm going for the old Chelsea slogan, "if you can't beat it, buy it". So far i think FM is lacking these, so we are "buying" from CM.

2.)We could control sponsors.

3.)We could sell our stadiums' names and stands' namesto sponsors in game.

4.)Sponsors will be real.From that SİGAMES earns money

5.)Match engine will change.

6.)The questions in press conference will be more.

7.)There will be cup ceremony.

8.)We could donate our eanings to our clup.

9.)The player which plays 1.5 M € per annum before couldn't want 3.5 M € per annum.

10.)We could open youth academies in different cities and countries.

11.)There could be "interpreter" to foreign players and they will have got new tab "Languages"

12.)There will be new staffs like lawyer, stadium manager, sales department manager etc... and they have got other attributes like:

For lawyer: Defending the people, speech etc...

For stadium manager: Understanding from pitch, architecture etc..

For sales department manager: Financal control, statics, relation with supporters etc..

13.)We could set the price of tickets and ticket prices could change to stand.

14.)We could sell products like kits, scarfs, flags etc.. and we could buy they and we could set the price.

15.)The game could be Turkish.

16.)We could see chairman's and other manager's attributes.

17.)We could open supporter's store on cities and countries where we want.

18.)There could be preparation camps.

19.)There could be punishments like closing stadium, playing match in neutral stadium etc...

NO! Go play Fifa Manager.

No doubt there will be tweaks to the ME and UI, as there are every year. What I'd particularly like are revamped media/interaction options, training to be expanded further and some extra transfer clause options added. FM11 is not as bad as it is painted IMO - I never got into 2010 myself, but feel 2011 is far deeper.

+ More questions from journalists - it may not be new but it's popularity emphasises its importance - or at least the ability to add custom questions in the editor.

+ More possible answers to give - 7 instead of 5 would make it a little deeper and cause less repetition.

+ I'd like to see news outlets pick up on more than 1 answer, or players react to different ones - it seems the game selects one answer out of the 7/8 you give and one or two players will react. I said on a new job I like to play attacking football - my striker liked it. However I'd said in a different question that the strongest area of my team was defence - I'd like to see my defenders react to that too.

+ When the match report is displayed after a game, add a little depth to it. Say who delivered the cross or through ball for the player who scored. Instead of "an effort from the edge of the box" or "a close range effort", put a little more detail. "Giggs' through ball was steered home by Rooney", "Lampard fired home from 12 yards", "Crouch was on hand from close range to poke home Bale's cross ". The game knows the distance the goal was scored from, and whether it was a powerful shot or a placed one - so use that information. He stroked/slotted it home. He smashed/drilled it in. He turned it over the line. Just add a bit of variety. And maybe mention clear cut chances more - "Suarez was unlucky as his speculative curling effort struck the upright", or "Heskey missed a golden opportunity in the 19th minute when he blazed over from Agbonlahor's cut-back".

+ Much like press conferences, give us more to talk to players about. It has really made them feel more unique and human, having different relationships with different personality types - don't let that fall stagnant, expand on it.

+ Job interviews - mention what we want to do for the club, our aims, our plans, how much budget we'd like, mention a player we'd like to sign or a position we want to strengthen. The board responds with its expectations - it may say "we have no money in our budget so you'll have to sell before you can buy", or throw money around left right and centre. It's relationship with you in the interview, or in the first meeting when you're announced as manager, will hint to you about their patience, flexibility and support for you as you go forward.

+ Give us clearer training options. I like that specific focus can be added in 2011 - your promising centre back can learn tackling or build up his stamina - but some are missing. Marking is a key one which is linked to positioning but can definitely be taught, yet isn't available to pick - unlike determination or flair it is not an innate character trait, a bad marker can be made better - I know this as I've taught players in my real life team myself!

+ Add "if we stay up" bonuses, much like 'after promotion' bonuses - and "if we stay up" payments to the selling club to mirror promotion clauses. If I'm struggling in the Prem and buy a key Championship player, I want to tell the selling club I offer 2m upfront and a further 2m if he keeps us up this season. To the player, you get 15k p/w but a nice big juicy bonus if we stay up - much like a team of the year bonus.

+ And add these things in the editor! If I'm setting up a future transfer I want to say what the squad number will be, landmark goal bonuses etc - all the clauses in-game should be editable for current contracts and future transfers in the editor. At the moment it seems random what you can and can't edit.

This is good, realistic and useful.

This suggestion may already have been discussed, but there's no way I'm trawling through what seems to be an infinite amount of pages!

As this happens in real life, I feel it would make the FM gaming life so much better, or for me it would at least:

A day or 2 before a match, you're required to select a squad of 22, rather than being able to select any player from the 1st team, Reserve team and Under 18's teams just before kick off - that's not exactly realistic.

This way, you could have 20 first teamers and maybe a couple of reserve/Under 18's players in the squad. If you're up against a lesser team, for arguments' sake, me being Manchester United, and we've a home game against Blackpool (no disrespect intended!), I could decide to rest my skipper, Vidic and talisman, Rooney, but tell Smalling/Jones and Welbeck/Macheda that they'll be given their chance. This would then give notice to the 2 players missing out that they're not playing for the greater good, and give an opportunity to the youngsters coming in to play to feel part of the squad.

The same when organising a tour. As the game is now, you're able to select ANY player on the Club's books, even if they've just played a friendly for the respective squad. Clubs normally take a group of 20/21/22 players away with them...this should be the same in game.

"With the Club due to embark on a North American tour, in 7 days, please select a squad of up to 22 players in which you wish to take"...

I think this will work very well, and be extremely enjoyable.

Not sure what your thoughts on this is...

1) You're view of players is only as good as your scouts. So instead of seeing an attribute of 15 you'd see 12-16 or something like that. Could be turned on or off.

2) Press Conferences. Pointless, boring, and the same over and over again. Most people will only choose the same 1 or 2 options for each question. A variety of questions, more questions based on what you chose for you other questions etc.

3) Scandals! You're player got caught out getting wasted at 4 am before the big game. The press are full of it, what do you do?

4) Newspapers pick different topics. Talksport could interview you and be trying to get you to own up to owning a pink tutu.

5) Training. Radical overhaul needed here, more of a minigame possibly, or just a bit different. There has to be a point to choosing the different options.

6) Export your team to a file, for playing mini tournaments online. Come one we've been asking for that forever, it would be so easy. Save the data of one club to a file, new game -> online/lan -> micro tournament, -> game type (league/cup etc) -> choose squads.

7) Competitions that change, and you have a say! "The FA Cup has fallen in reputation in recent years, what do you think should be done about it?" "Nothing", or "Go back to how it used to be", etc. And eventually the competition might change. Could be turned on and off.

8) Youth Facilities. If you're a rich club, you should be able to have several acadimies in different countries. In these academies should be around 100 or more players in each of different ages, that may have the potential to be the next Zidane, or may have just had an early growth spurt. It's your prerogative to keep an eye on these players, and sign the best coaches to turn them into superstars.

9) Debates. - Should the English team have an English manager? Should clubs have to have a certain amount of home players.

10) A proper competition editor, where everything can be changed.

I like this idea.

the tutoring needs to be easier and youngsters refusing loans needs to be fixed.

Especially when you are a World Class Manager trying to get a 16/17 year old to learn from your top players (4*+) with matching personalities and the youngster tells YOU where to go... That is so unrealistic and that is something I would like to see in FM12. A youth player would relish the opportunity to work closely and learn first hand from a top player and certainly wouldn't have the cheek to tell the manager what they're going to do!

Not so much a wish as it is a problem: I have noticed tonnes of (existing) swedish players go unemployed year after year, while swedish (lower league) clubs fill their rosters with 15-16 year old newgens/regens. Very annoying.

Not too sure if this has been mentioned but!!....... how annoying is it when you want to buy a player but there injured for say 5 weeks and there is only 2 weeks of the transfer window left and when u try sign them it says you carnt because of the players injury no matter how minor it is. why canrnt they be a option to overide the decsion and sign them anyways as usually they are fine after the injury and then you have to wait 5 months or so until u can sign them again!

(blablabla)

You should be playing FIFA Manager I think after reading all this :')

Different squad statuses for keepers. i.e. Number one keeper (instead of key player/indespensible), competition for #1 (instead of first-team player), understudy (instead of rotation), back-up/cup-run keeper (instead of back-up), hot prospect, youngster.

Not entirely sure why I want this. When I dreamed it up there seemed to be a point to it but it's 1:41 in the morning so I'm not thinking too clearly at the minute

Top idea this....

Would love to see some more flair and atmosphere during the really big games such as playoffs, champ league final etc. Just some stuff like players walking onto the pitch, lining up, shaking hands, bit of music, some flares etc. It would add a real sense of excitement to the really important matches.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but i tried searching and couldnt find anything regarding player condition

I personally find very annoying the fact that sometimes im playing against teams where players are @ 30 to 40% condition, and the players are still making forward runs as if they were 100% fit. Its quite annoying when a fully fit player cant catch a player making a forward run while hes trying to keep the ball in possession, especially when that player is unfit.

In real matches, when players get tired, they start to play poorly, they can hardly get passes right, let alone make forward runs like this.

My suggestion is that the player condition should be directly proportional to their attributes. Players skills should deteriorate trough match, so you dont have players @ 30 and 40% condition outrunning players who just joined the match for instance.

Also somethings quit off with set pieces. The balls usually only reach the first and second bars, and the players marked as "go forward" never have the chance to touch the ball.

And while were throwing our two cents, id like to mention the fact that double man marking should be not only allowed, but it should considerably increase the chance to steal the ball. When u watch matches in brazilian leagues for example, they always use at least 2 defensive midfielders, and they always work as a cover for people marking. They team up on players trying to make forward runs, making it considerably tougher to reach the goal.

Those were my two cents.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/24018-Wishlist-What-you-would-like-to-see-in-future-versions-of-the-game.-All-list-ideas-in-here.?p=6917901&viewfull=1#post6917901 that's about that propose

CM had great ideas at that aspect but in practical that is basic still and I know the FM could be it better. About the 3D training, it would be good if you could see how the player plays, his style, how he gets tired or how he is good doing a friendly match with reserves, testing tactics or doing specific actions as shooting, tackling, passing, saving, running, accelerating and others, of course, with the energy being consumed. About the set pieces, I like the way how that is shown in CM, you have more control and accurate to do the plays, can be possible you create a "secret play" for your team.

A idea of me, is the creation of trainning camps in any place in the world, like in FIFAM, for develop new talents.

The main: the use for the money we receive in the contract, can be buying a club and managing it, helping a club you are training doing a donation, buying something for the club when the directors don't wanna but it, just an idea.

Might of already been mentioned already in this mega-thread but here goes....

More 3D player animations.

- I hate to say it but even Championship Manager <SPIT> had better 3D player animation than the current 3D engine in FM11.

More 3D views. A closer, zoomed-in, "Sideline" view that scrolls across the pitch.

- Currently its like watching microscopic ants kick a pixel around when the ball is on the far side of the pitch on some views (especially on larger pitches).

End of match celebrations.

- When your teams has just beaten a bitter rival or a team it had no hope against, the players should celebrate the achievement instead of robotically running off without further-a-do. Not essential but does add a bit more realism. And on the same theme, last game of the season lap of honour, on the pitch championship presentation, cup winners parading the cup around, fireworks, dancing girls..... ok ok thats a bit too much! :p

Apart from the first one (which I feel is vitally important) the rest are more cosmetic additions, so no rush SI ;)

+1 at all the proposes

A few more staff.

Youth scouts/youth director - Scouts and people running the academy that effect the quality of youth regens coming into the academy, where they are from and the style of players they are.

Psychiatrist - help mental attributes develop. Not a lot or even has no effect on some players but possibly could change someone's personality slightly or determination to succeed. Concentration etc..

I play multiple teams in the same game. Let's say I have 3 teams and their start time is 15:00 for each match. I have to reserve a window of game playing time to play all 3 matches at once before I can save the game. I'd like to be able to play one game at a time with an option to save after each match. Therefore if I only have an hour to play FM, I can play the one match and get back to the other matches later. Otherwise I would have to forego playing FM and wait until I had a longer window of time to play FM to get through the three matches scheduled.

Thanks.

I have been thinking about the managers wages in FM. When you get a job, you get paid. But it is silly money. You can't use it to anything. It would be nice if the money played some role in your game-plan in any way.

I have played a career game for a while. After managing clubs in England and Italy I got the Valencia job. In five years I turned them into the best club in the world, winning everything.

I wanted to move on, wanted to build up a club in another country. The only way you can move on in FM is 1. Get sacked, 2. apply for a job when you have a job, which means the board gets furious, 3. Being offered a job.

What I would like here is the possibility to have your own agent. This agent should demand a fee. This should be out of your earnings. So the more you earn, the better agent you can afford. In this example I could say to my agent that by christmas he should start contacting clubs, mentioning that I could be available from the summer. Then the agent could negotiate a deal with interesting parties, or communicate a list of clubs who could be interested in your service.

Then you eventually could make a deal that saw you out the season in your present club, and secured a new club at the end of the year.

Maybe your agent could contribute with other things as well.

Anyhow, that would make your earnings more meaningful, and also secure that the more you earn the more powerful you get.

I'd also like to see you be able to offer for a player and exchange one of your players as part of the offer, even though the AI club is not interested in the exchanged player.

For instance, I'm at Liverpool, 3rd season, have fallen out with Jovanovic (who has been playing surprisingly well and on £44k p/week), and am interested in buying an attacking midfielder from Fulham. Jovanovic is MILES better than him and the player I want is on £80k p/week, but as Fulham aren't interested they won't accept. The player I want is listed as 'Rotation', so I don't think it's a case of his importance to them.

IRL if a better player, on less wages, PLUS cash was offered, it's something the other team would think about, but on the game the club must have an actual interest in the offered exchangee to think about accepting.

Just a thought :)

Now, these are ideas i saw implemented in Championship Manager 10. It wasn't the greatest game, was a poor last game for the series that had been so good, i only bought it as it was £2.51.

However, no matter how bad it was, there were some ideas i really quite liked, and when there are good ideas, you should use them.

First Off: Watching Training/Training Routines

Now, this was an idea i really really really liked. Basically, you could set up a training routine, such as a shooting routine, corners, free kicks or a practice XI vs XI match. I shall show this with images:

large_image.jpg

which would result in something similar to this:

Click here to see it as i had use a link not image as i ran out of image space.

I really like this idea, not only does it train the players, but you can see how good players are without seeing them in a game situation. Although, the players may not be under the pressure of a game situation with defenders and such like, i would assume that the result would be exaclty as it would in a match in the same situation. This would be particularly useful for youth players or triallists, especially triallists that you take on mid season and cannot see in matches. I know that you can put them in reserve matches, but sometimes this won't be fair on the guy, as he probably won't get the same service he would in the first team.

Also i think the XI vs Xi feature is particlarly useful:

large_image.jpg

As it says in that box at the bottom, it could be used for all sorts of useful things. Testing triallists, youths, or a whole team when you first join them. This is particularly useful as it can be done any time and will also train players at the same time. Trying new tactics with your senior team without being in a competitive match mid season is also useful.

Secondly: Creating Set Pieces

961037_20090622_790screen003.jpg

Although CM 2010's effort at this was pretty poor, i am confident that FM could make a better job of it. In CM 2010 there was a feature that allowed you to create your own set piece routines. I know that FM already does this to an etent, but you cannot control the moves that the players take and who in particular the taker croses to, and how he does that. With this, you could create better set pieces, in my opinion. Such as a lay off type free kick done properly, that infamous man utd corner you may or may not have seen where they lay it off very short and aother player runs along and takes it, you may or may not have seen it, and it may or may not work, but that's not the point. We all see teams do routines which involve players running in different directions to lose markers and end up in prime positions for them to score. You get teams with players stading in bunches, then all running it different directions making them hard to pick up. This sort of thing can further benefit your game and get you the odd goal, and of course, if you make a bad one, not get you any.

Thirdly: Better Match Analysis

HullvBrighton2010_01.jpg

Here you can see that they have provided a replay of an event that was good or showed somethign useful, this time a shot on goal. I think this could be useful. It also provides the lines of where people ran with the ball, passed the ball etc, so that you can see who did what. I really don't have much to say about this, it pretty much speaks for itself as being able to review actions in a game and other things.

These are some suggestions i think that could go in. I know they're all from CM 2010, but i'm going for the old Chelsea slogan, "if you can't beat it, buy it". So far i think FM is lacking these, so we are "buying" from CM.

great post, great ideas!

I'd like the return of the "rest after match" tickbox in a modified form.

Just a tickbox and a slider in training somewhere - "rest players below (set slider) condition for 1 day". It would then automatically be applied to anyone overly tired from the last match, or someone who had a minor knock.

Also a tickbox for pre-season training between x and y dates so I don't have to manually change all the schedules back and forwards. Pretty sure this was on one FM as well but I can't find it anymore.

More stats

I'm a big fan of stats, and I think the game could show more. Things like the records page for instance - instead of just showing the player with most league appearances for a club, how about a link to another page showing the top 10 or 20?

Or if 2 or more players or teams are tied for a record, how about showing both names instead of jst the one that got there first? This is especially silly for things like 'Most times winner' of a competition. There could be twelve teams who have all won it twice, but only one team will be mentioned.

How about something to say how many hattricks a player has had over his career?

How about more records on unbeaten runs, perhaps split between home and away? I recently went on a 3 year run without losing a home game, and it would be nice if the game kept a record, or if it even got mentioned when that run came to an end.

How about ditching pointless stats like the goals conceded on the league player stats screen? It's obvious that the sub 'keeper who played one game will be top of this list. Or perhaps change this list into a goals conceded per game ratio, giving us something more relevant to look at.

These are just a few ideas, but there are countless more that could easily be put in somewhere.

More stats

I'm a big fan of stats, and I think the game could show more. Things like the records page for instance - instead of just showing the player with most league appearances for a club, how about a link to another page showing the top 10 or 20?

Or if 2 or more players or teams are tied for a record, how about showing both names instead of jst the one that got there first? This is especially silly for things like 'Most times winner' of a competition. There could be twelve teams who have all won it twice, but only one team will be mentioned.

How about something to say how many hattricks a player has had over his career?

How about more records on unbeaten runs, perhaps split between home and away? I recently went on a 3 year run without losing a home game, and it would be nice if the game kept a record, or if it even got mentioned when that run came to an end.

How about ditching pointless stats like the goals conceded on the league player stats screen? It's obvious that the sub 'keeper who played one game will be top of this list. Or perhaps change this list into a goals conceded per game ratio, giving us something more relevant to look at.

These are just a few ideas, but there are countless more that could easily be put in somewhere.

YES! stats, stats, stats oh and a few more stats ;)

They do... every question has an effect +/-. The news headline is largely irrelevant it's what you say in answer to all the questions AND why you said it! e.g. "Which player are you going to use against X striker?" EVEN IF the headline doesn't say "manager has X under control" you should still "Expect a performance" (or whatever) as it will have had an effect, regardless of whether there is a PR icon or not.

I don't know if its been mentioned but maybe you could learn to speak a another language as you play the game so its easier to get jobs in those countries, nothing silly like knowing ten but learning spanish while you manage in League 1 might be good.

Don't know if this has been mentioned but here goes.

If the tactics part of the game stays the same there is one simple thing that would make things much easier.

I want both default position and individual player instructions.

What I mean is that when I create a tactic, I often tweak the instructions of a position depending on the player who is gonna be in my starting lineup.

But when I use another player for whatever reason in the same position, I have to change instructions to fit that player, which is annoying and time-consuming.

So if you could make individual instructions for each player, maybe even for each position the player can play in, then we could just choose via a dropbox menu what preset instructions you've saved to use when making a substitution or just starting with a different player.

I don't know if its been mentioned but maybe you could learn to speak a another language as you play the game so its easier to get jobs in those countries, nothing silly like knowing ten but learning spanish while you manage in League 1 might be good.

If i understand you correctly then that's already in :thup:

Hi all, idea:

As an alternative to the 6 presets "contain, defensive, counter, normal, attacking, overload" what I'd like is to be able to make and save 6 seperate configs of my own IE. "PaulContain, PaulCounter...." and so on.

The reason being that I can have 6 variations of my own rather than needing to leave everyone on default mentalities etc etc so i can use the "quick" feature.

cheers

I don't think i you can choose to learn a language unless i've just not found it yet

No you can't choose to learn one, you just learn the language of the country you are in. So if you get a job in Brazil, you will start to learn Portuguese when you get there.

Archived