Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

I'd also like to add that we've got to say more manual movement of positions. For example' date=' I want my wingers to play more infield (not not as attacking midfielder because then defensively it struggles) but then my full backs really wide and attacking overlaps. Or at least more 'automatic' positions.[/quote']

This can be done under individual instructions. There is an option for Wide Play, which can be set to 'Hug Touchline', 'Cut Inside' or 'Moves into Channels'.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ability to see a players attributes at any point in time.

It would be nice if we could view what a player looked like when he was a kid and comparing him to how he is now. I see a lot of posts/threads where people show the growth of their players via 2 screen shots. I always say to myself that I will do this next time with my youngsters, but I always forget.

A button, maybe something similar to growth arrows can show what the playes attributes were at a certain date. I think it would help in keeping track of how a player is developing and how effective your training is. I realise that in the training section for the player it shows a development graph, this is just for the year though. Something that can show the development of a players career who wouold be massively helpful.

The season has just finished here in Greece, and on the sports' news websites there are a whole lot of footballers giving interviews and stating their personal opinions on some common themes that include: their team's MVP of the season, the league's MVP of the season and the best goal of the season. It is very interesting to read and all the players are choosing players from other teams, even rival teams, as the best players in the League. It would be nice to add this to FM, to get an idea of your team's reputation, or a specific player's reputation. Players are even commenting on smaller teams: Henri Kamara of Atromitos stated that Abdun of Kavala (that finished 6th) was like Zidane for his team, with his amazing technical abilities. Kafes of AEK stated that Mirallas of Olympiacos (a rival team) was this year's MVP of the league. Serge Die of Kavala stated that Djibril Cisse was like a one-man team for Panathinaikos.

These would be nice additions, to get a perspective and personalise your gaming experience. Maybe it could be linked with a player's reputation and how much it increases over one season, based on their performances/abilities.

Physios could give more feedback in backroom advice meetings.

Specifically:

- Inform you if there's some players that are training so much that it increases the likelihood of an injury.

- Inform you if there's a player that needs to rest a game. If you ignore this, there might be a higher chance of injury and/or a need of a longer rest. This could be linked to natural fitness more obviously this way.

In these cases the injury proneness could be boosted artificially, after all you did get a warning! Then there would be a choice to make: gamble it or play it safe. :)

Very little cosmetic issue:

Euro Cup final: Millwall (me) 2 : 0 Man UTD

After the end of the 90 minutes, in the team talks:

"Be careful about the complacency in the next match" or something like that.

Next match??

Physios could give more feedback in backroom advice meetings.

Specifically:

- Inform you if there's some players that are training so much that it increases the likelihood of an injury.

- Inform you if there's a player that needs to rest a game. If you ignore this, there might be a higher chance of injury and/or a need of a longer rest. This could be linked to natural fitness more obviously this way.

In these cases the injury proneness could be boosted artificially, after all you did get a warning! Then there would be a choice to make: gamble it or play it safe. :)

This is an excellent idea! :D

I'm sure my wishes were posted before but I'm not gonna go ahead and read 7k posts, sorry :)

1) Multiple set piece choices and detailed set piece tactics, like in CM 2010. We should be able to state where players will make runs, who will pass the ball to which player and there should be at least 5 tactics for each set piece that we can use in-game randomly. So we won't see the same tactic in every single set piece. Plus, I don't want to have a single player to take penalties or other set pieces. There should be an option to make the game cycle through our selected takers.

2) Transfer reports: Sometimes in backroom advice, our coaches offer us loan reports. I haven't seen a "transfer report" in there. I think that you can scout a list of players in the player search but the player search either gives you the most well known and expensive players, rather than the best. And I don't want to select 10 attributes to find a good MC because even if he has 2 of them lower than 13, he would still be very useful for low prices. There are some hidden gems in the game, and often my backroom staff offer me those but when I don't need them. I should be able to ask for a "MC transfer report" and they would find good MC players with varying prices and hidden gems they find would be in that report too. And it is realistic since irl managers can ask for transfer reports.

3) The famous second ball: Add the second ball dammit, I don't want to wait for 40 seconds, watching players run after a ball to take a set piece

4) Nerfed key highlights: Yesterday, while I was watching the game in key highlights mode, my keeper kiced the ball to the left flank, an opponent tackled my player. The ball went into touch and we didn't even watch the throw in or sth. If he got past that opponent, there were still a couple opponents to steal the ball. That was NOT a key moment in the game, key highlights take way too long with some highlights in which nothing happens. If I watch the game in 3-D and in realistic speed, each game takes 10 minutes in Key mode. It shouldn't take that long.

5) More player interaction and team talk options please

6) A use for money: This has been talked about a lot, I know, but there really should be a use for money. Not like in FIFA Manager but we earn millions of pounds and we don't spend them. It's useless. I have a couple ideas. First one is of course, donating it to the club so we can have an extra 10m budget, lol. The second one, the more complex yet entertaining and meaningful one is building academies. 10 million pounds should be more than enough to build a football academy in-game. We would have the first option to sign players from our academy, just like Gheorghe Hagi's academy in Romania. AS we get richer and spend more money on our academy, it would be upgraded and if we can sign good youth coaches and scouts to the academy, it would become a wonderkid factory. This should take many years but at least we should get reasonable prospects 2 years after we start the academy. I think this would be a good addition to the game.

7) Individual match bonus budget: We should have a match bonus budget to use on special occasions like derby games, cup ties and championship games etc. If we put in a great deal of money for a CL quarter final game, perhaps it would give us an opportunity to win the game and get to the semi-finals against all odds.

8) Warming players up: I know many players would hate it if this was implemented, but this is a reality in football. You must warm your players up for at least 10 minutes, before pushing them to the field. I for one always plan my substitutions ahead, so I can select a couple players and send them to warm up and sub them after 10 minutes for example. And if for some reason, I have to sub in a player who hasn't warmed up properly, the injury risk for that player should be higher. It would make the game harder, yet more realistic

9) Another famous one: "with & without ball tactics": The older games had it, now we don't have this really important tactical option. Even Ultimate Soccer Manager had this option many, many years ago. SI games, you know it's important, you know it's a real deal in world football, you know what you have to do. Add it!

10) Better regens for God's sake: There are so few good regens in the latter stages of the game. You get either top class players, or players who wouldn't survive in npower league2. There should be many more middle-class regens to play for teams like Villa, Newcastle etc. and many good players to play for Chelsea, Man Utd etc with some superstars. Currently, what I've experienced is there are a good number of superstar regens, and just a few middle-top class regens. There should be much more, or else abilitywise, the teams lose their quality in 5-6 years in the game as real players begin retiring in masses. And please put reasonable limitations for regens, such as if a forward has many abilities above 15, his composure shouldn't be 4, a level of BSN/S forward. Or no regens with a stamina of 2. I've seen many of those, 8-9 stamina should be the minimum standard for moderate to high PA players.

That's pretty much it for now, but I had many more in my mind. Just couldn't remember them. I would love any feedback regarding these for the sake of argument, either on this board or through PM. Cheers!

On the regen point, I have found that the regens generated is actually quite realistic to real-life circumstances.

How many times does Manchester United have a kid be in their youth ranks from the time as a young lad (10-12) and have them grow up to be a world-class footballer? Yeah, not often.

I'll just go off by my long-term save on FM10 and what's created. Year is 2050, I've been at this club for 10 years. We have state of the art youth facilities and youth academy, and top training grounds (I cannot update them so I'm assuming they are at 20/20, atleast 19/19). We have had TWO (2) regens that are legitimate world-class potential players. One is a striker the other is a mid-fielder. Both of these kids will be english internationals, both are under 20.

How realistic is that? For a top-tier team to have youth products that were there for a long time to come into my squad and be english internationals? That is VERY realistic. Just because you have 20/20/youth academy doesn't mean that every year you're going to produce one or a couple regens who should be in my first team? If you're at a very very good club, you're not going to have many be able to play in your starting 11.

If you are lower league or lower class club (like bolton, fulham, etc) you're going to get the same quality of regens (atleast you should, because pretty much they all have the same youth system etc). But for these clubs, if their best players do not get poached from another academy at a young age or are sold to another academy, they are more likely to be in their teams starting 11 because they are of lower quality.

If you are a world-class team, you shouldn't have many, if any, world-class quality players coming up through your youth ranks. Its just very unrealistic. Would I love for all of my players who will play in my club one day be born and raised at my club? Sure. But the truth is the best regens are produced everywhere, at random clubs, because that's reality.

How many players in Man Uniteds U18 team are from England? Not a lot. How many have been with them since they were boys? Even less. So even if everyone of them were to become a world-class player, only a handful would be born and raised Man U.

Every season my youth intake usually has one player that will be a "decent PL player". Sometimes there is two. Sometimes there is one that is dubbed 'one of the best in his generation' or w/e. This has happened twice for me in 10 years. Seems pretty realistic to me.

For those decent PL players, I end up keeping them and then selling them, however most of my players are rubbish and I sell them or cut them. Because they are rubbish. Just like real life. How many players have came through Man Uniteds youth system? Tons. How many played in the EPL? Not a lot. How many played for United? Even less. How many were world-class players? A handful.

I'm not talking about my own youth system. I usually buy the best regens from around the world. The point is, when I look at the regens in the EPL after 6-7 years, I don't see many quality players. I mean if I look at their attributes, the teams which are supposed to be top half finishing teams have very little quality regarding regens. I think I'm failing to explain here. Let's say the starting sum of CA's of the first eleven of Bolton is 1400. After a few years, as the squads begin to be filled with regens, that number falls to 1100. That's not exact of course, I don't use genie or anything, it's just an educated guess by looking at the attributes of the regens. I think regens should have more quality overall, because really there are many good players in average clubs such as Ireland and Young for Villa. All average teams have quality players, and the rest of their squads usually have players with 12-16 points of abilities in many skills. I didn't see many regens with that kind of ability at those clubs after a few years, that's what I'm talking about. I hope I made myself clear this time :/

Please please please please please, let us adjust the exact seconds we want of the videos to upload to Youtube. It's the second goal this week that I upload that the best part gets cut out, because it's a few seconds before the ball actually goes in.

It says in the tips that better physios predict the length of the injuries better. I'm guessing they are helping about the length of the injury too generally but they should be more effective. The better the physio, the shorter the player should take to recover

That is more clear. I thought you were specifically talking about regens coming from your own team. I also buy from all over the world as that's the only way in FM (and IRL) to realistically become a dominant powerhouse with nothing but talent.

From what I have seen, I agree yes, overall, the regen quality is slightly less then RL players. I wouldn't say it is a big drop though. Maybe 5-10%, if that.

In my game the power has gone away from England and Spain, and into Germany, Italy and France (France especially). Lyon for instance has 5 players who have to have a CA above 180, and all are worth 50M+. They then have 4-5 players who have to have a CA of 160-180, who are worth 20M +.

They aren't even dominant, they win a lot of games but are beatable. Similar to a modern day Barca.

I actually just loaded up a new game and looked at Real Madrid. Personally I find the Lyon team in 2050 to be better then them. Just because english clubs aren't dominate in the game in 10-15 years doesn't mean its not realistic. Based on the current trend of player development I wouldn't be surprised to see England ranked 3rd or 4th in UEFA by 2020, 2025.

Possibly there is a truth to how the game develops, as I believe players are wanting to stay more home-grown instead of moving abroad for higher wages because the teams in spain, italy, france and germany are offering more $ for their players. Also the anglo-sphere isn't exactly pro-football. Former Spanish and French colonies are better at producing footballers then former english colonies. Thus players prefer to go to their father's country over another.

I just feel that a general trend that happens in the game is that England no longer dominates and the other 4 in europe do. My uefa coefficents have italian and french clubs dominating. And these clubs look just as good, if not better, then current day clubs that have a similar coefficent.

This can be done under individual instructions. There is an option for Wide Play, which can be set to 'Hug Touchline', 'Cut Inside' or 'Moves into Channels'.

No, those instructions can only go so far. Cut inside for wingers, they still pretty much stay wide but then with the ball move inside. Full backs, if it's narrow, stay quite narrow still until they go forward, although when they do go forward, it works fairly well.

Another suggestion coming up, match speed and highlight speed should be separated once again. Even with key highlights, the games take too long if I watch them at a reasonable speed, but I want the non-highlight parts of the game to go at full speed, just like old days..

game is kind easier when managing top clubs, mostly due to fact that we can see all players skills and thus can be able to spot them and strength the team without mistake factor, Sir Alex, AW, every manager do mistakes IRL. but in FM seem a bit easier

if SI want to copy the IRL difficulty, manager can't see players skills 100% correctly, all they have will be +/- information for each skill, he will only reach that 95%-100% information when he play him for 20-30 games, this is when he can have 95-100% info about the player. this is hwy managers tend to look to their stats more, and stats become more useful now, and this is why managers afraid of using talented players which they don't know, and rather stick to players they know well.

this is a major task manager struggle with IRL, yet is too easier to spot players in FM,

remember am not asking to mask players skill, but to make them +/- correct, depending on out scouting quality and how many games we seen them playing. combining that with his stats at youth/reserve squad or other teams, this will paint the overall picture, which will never be 95%-100% correct, but more like 40%-80% correct, till we see them playing for 20-30 games and this is where the +/- values will be reduced match by match till we have better picture by end of that 30 game.

I don't remember if this was in Football Manager but in FIFA Manager I'm pretty sure, when you signed a scouted player, it could say "x is better than expected" or worse. This accounts for realistic scouting I guess

Apologies if these have been mentioned before, but there's an awful lot of posts to look through. There's a few things I've been thinking would be a nice idea during my current save and I thought I'd add them.

1) When offering a contract to someone, or agreeing to a transfer request, can we have the option to send the player back to the club/back to your club for a year's loan? Maybe this option is somewhere in the game but I haven't seen it.

Either that or can we offer a player direct to one club?

2) Can we have an option on the league table screen to see the change in places from the previous week, complete with number of places moved? I'd just find it informative to see who's making big climbs or drops.

There was something else I wanted to mention but I lost the train of thought...I'll have to post it another time. There's a few ideas running about me brainbox, but me memory ain't what it used to be.

There is one thing I've asked before. Can that annoying sound be removed from the match engine? I mean the one that sounds like Beavis (from the cartoon...Beavis and Butt-Head) laughing. It sort of goes meeeahhh-yeah-yah-ya-ya-yah. You'd know it if you heard it, but it always seems out of place to me.

Apologies if these have been mentioned before, but there's an awful lot of posts to look through. There's a few things I've been thinking would be a nice idea during my current save and I thought I'd add them.

1) When offering a contract to someone, or agreeing to a transfer request, can we have the option to send the player back to the club/back to your club for a year's loan? Maybe this option is somewhere in the game but I haven't seen it.

Either that or can we offer a player direct to one club?

2) Can we have an option on the league table screen to see the change in places from the previous week, complete with number of places moved? I'd just find it informative to see who's making big climbs or drops.

There was something else I wanted to mention but I lost the train of thought...I'll have to post it another time. There's a few ideas running about me brainbox, but me memory ain't what it used to be.

1) You can set the transfer date to "end of season", which works just as well.

2) I think if you actually click on the league position # you'll see a graphic displaying the fluctuations in your teams position.

I think managers should have certain stats, such as ambition, sportsmanship and determination, which would then affect your players. For example, Utd won the league this season out of sheer determination - which is 100% down to Sir Alex - and although certain players may have a low determination stat, when playing under Sir Alex they wouldn't have anything other than a driven personality. This isn't in the game. Over a period of a few seasons, their determination should gradually increase if you're a determined manager.

It could also make the media seem like less of a chore knowing that your answers will have more of an effect on your players. If you lost against a better team and said something like "losing is never acceptable", maybe this could induce a positive reaction by making your players more ambitious and/or determined; adversely, it could have a negative influence on morale.

As for sportsmanship, if you criticise the referees regularly you'll lose points, but if you accept bad decisions you gain points. Players' temperament would improve, they may be less aggressive, less inclined to dive or argue with the ref, and vice-versa.

The longer a player stays at a club, the more he encompasses and symbolises the spirit of the club (i.e. Scholes, Neville, Giggs at Utd; Puyol, Xavi and Iniesta at Barcelona), and I don't personally see this reflected in the game. If it was, it'd certainly make the longer games much more rewarding.

Another suggestion coming up, match speed and highlight speed should be separated once again. Even with key highlights, the games take too long if I watch them at a reasonable speed, but I want the non-highlight parts of the game to go at full speed, just like old days..

Agree! It should be possible to max the match speed even further. People sometimes want to rush through a match that is not important, or if the scoreline is a done deal.

I don't remember if this was in Football Manager but in FIFA Manager I'm pretty sure, when you signed a scouted player, it could say "x is better than expected" or worse. This accounts for realistic scouting I guess

yes it is in FIFA manager

both FIFA manager and CM use such system where players skills will not be the same when you sign him. which i find a bit more realistic than having some shown and some hidden

Challenges to prolong the game's longevity.

The "Bottom at Christmas" challenge, for example, could be implemented automatically rather than having to do it manually, with plenty of others. I'd also like to see a European League implemented, with all the Big Dawgs in one league or one country in a tier system.

FM seems so awfully orchestrated and predetermined. I had a completely different attitude to the franchise before, where I often looked through the largest national teams at each outlet, to check which players participated the first time, and which had managed to fight their way back into the team. On a CM game, a veteran who was considered finished at the top level was released on free transfer, then he went to a club at the second level, where he assisted them in getting to the top division, and then he played his way into the national-team squad again, even though his skills were miles away from where they were at his best. How unbelieveably fun isn't that? Okay, to take some examples from the save I got going right now. Four of Spain's top five strikers are out with injuries. The 20-year-old José Carballo is elected to the squad by scoring eleven goals in 22 appearances for West Ham, that is quite fair. Fernando Llorente is the top goalscorer in La Liga with 19 goals, and so he deserves a spot. And who gets the third and last place? Roberto Soldado? A 32-year-old who has been on the field in six of 28 league matches? Valencia's fifth choice? At the same save, the 23-year-old José Lema scored 12 goals in Serie A for Parma. Felipe Lozano (22) netted nine for West Brom. It was never necessary to think about the future in a friendly match against Wales? In addition, Mallorcas Kike scored ten goals over three consecutive years in La Liga, and is the number two of the Spanish top scorer list. Admittedly, he is 30 years old, but it often happens IRL that players in that age group make their debut on the national team.

At the same save, Raúl Llorente is a left back playing regularly at a Granada that heads towards relegation. Average rating is 7.67. No left-backs in all of La Liga has a higher average. Is he of any interrest to the national team? No. Are there any other clubs interested in him? Of course not. In comparison, Valladolid's first choice at the position has a 6.52 average. Would it not make sense that a club with such a weak left-back to look at a player who has performed as well as Llorente? Baris Luciano Civelli is the fourth-best left winger in the Italian league, and is also a Bosman. Is there any damn club in Europe who have shown interest in him? No. Manolo Gabbiadini has 14 goals in 26 appearances for Atalanta. Most of all Italians in Serie A. A place in the national team? No, for Gods sake give the place to Davide Lanzafame, who has scored one goal in half a season in Valencia. The examples are countless. Of course, reputation plays a role in national elections and the purchase of players in real life, but there is a limit and a cross.

The solution could of course be to remove the whole CA and PA system. I have been a fan of this for several years, and I do not really see the point in using it at all. It is completely hopeless that nine out of ten players rising from the Barcelona academy never will be first-team players for Barça because their PA is too low. Even if they get the closest follow-up of all times daily, traines with the a-team regularly and get some matches in La Liga, they will never be good enough. Should the fate of new players fully be determined when they are 15-16?

I would like to sulk some more. It happens too often that players without any logical reason gets dropped from the squad or get no matches. I'm at the end of March 2018 now, and Mattia Destro has not been had any appearances for Inter in this season or the previous one. How he managed last time he got to play? He scored eleven goals in 20 matches. He has also scored 13 goals in 21 appearances and 16 goals in 25 matches the seasons before. What the hell's going on? Firstly, he is at his best age, and should have done absolutely everything to get away from the club. He should have been infuriated. "Considering his opportunities." There are no clubs in Serie A, Serie B, La Liga or the Premier League who are interested in him. Is a low CA supposed to be that significant? It is absolutely ridiculous. And no, he obviously did not get an international debut during any of those three seasons. Leighton Baines was in January suddenly not registered for league games, even though he had an average of 7.49. What does this really tell us? Is it true that clubs are set to sign any of the 25 players with the highest CA? And even if they do, they could in theory end up with 25 registered keepers and zero field players? And why does not Baines react to the situation? Why is he not dissatisfied with the decision? Why did he not at least try to get loaned to another club when he is one of the best left-backs in the country and it is a world championship in half a year? Mario Balotelli has played 50 league games totally in eight seasons for Manchester City. This season he has played one game (where he scored and got a rating of 8.8), and in the 2012/2013 he was not on the field at all. Nobody wants him, and he is satisfied with the life as a non-registered player. Mario Balotelli. Satisfied with not being eligible to play.

At the same time there are the exceptions. Arsenal will pay 8.75 million pounds for Birmingham's Aron Gunnarsson? It ought to be like that big clubs can sign lesser known players if they perform well, but he barely made it above 7.0 in average last season for B'ham, having been around 6.8 in the previous seasons. At the same time there are no clubs that show as little as a moderate interest in Britain's James McArthur, who delivers nearly 7.6 almost every season, even when his Aston Villa is in the no man's land.

I miss a more intelligent level of the AI-controlled clubs as well. Kevin Gameiro is on the reserve team to Manchester United. Two goals in four games in the Premier League. Transfer Listed and Bosman player. No club wanted to get him for £700000 in January, and no clubs are interested in signing him for free. That's bad enough. Is he registered to play in the Premier League? Yes. Is the 25-year-old striker who was bought in January for £19.5 million registered for league games? No. Yannis Tafer went to City for £20 million in January. Is he registered for the league games? No. Is the listed James Milner and Gregory van der Wiel registered? Yes. Is the fourth option on goalkeeper registered? Yes.

This game is a worm works, and I admit that the contempt for the publishers smoothly increases for each version. Decent people would be ashamed to claim money for a product like this.

Translated by Bouwer for a norwegian FM player.

I think that if the CA/PA system should still be in use, a randomness factor should be inverted into the game. Lets take the example of Lukaku and Babacar. Lukaku is definately the greatest talent of the two IRL. But Babacar always gets better than him. There should be something like a hidden skill in which its function is to open the possibility that the talent never will be any good and drops in PA. Or the opposite, that a rather unknown and not that good talent suddenly gets a breakthrough and his PA rises violently. The game is way too predetermined.

@Bouwer: I'm just going to ask you two things:

1) If you were a national team manager, would you rather call up a player who plays mazing in the second league, or a player who does a modest job in the first league which is quite harder?

2) How many time IRL have you seen players from second divisions being called up instead of players from the first division?

Alright 3rd: How many times have you seen a second division player who plays extremely well, make it into the top level and maintain his performance? It is so rare mate, so rare...

It is completely hopeless that nine out of ten players rising from the Barcelona academy never will be first-team players for Barça because their PA is too low. Even if they get the closest follow-up of all times daily, traines with the a-team regularly and get some matches in La Liga, they will never be good enough.

Why is this hopeless? It is pretty much in line with real life. The Barca academy is huge IRL, it contains about 50 players in each age group, the vast, vast majority of who will never even get within sniffing distance of the first team (less than 10% for sure).

Just little cosmetic changes would add so much. For example in commentary, I signed Enyeama for my Newcastle squad and naturally he takes penalties. Now I know almost no goalkeepers who do this, so the commentary should mention something about it as it is stranger.

1. #6980 (Schleimer) - All of it! :)

2. #6982 (StormenDK) - All except the training issue as it does not bother me at all.

Hi' date=' super simple one, most likely been done.

Passing stats!!!! Team passing stats/individual passing stats. We see completion but what about overall successful passes team/individual ....[/quote']

There are individual passing stats! (in-match and in the players profile->stats->playing stats, for example) But there's no team passing stats, only in-match passing completion ratio.

I'd like to have a more in depth playing career history for managers. For example I'd like to be able to choose what position I played and which teams I played for, so that players in my position are more keen to join my club to learn from me, and my former clubs are more likely to offer me manager jobs and be welcomed by supporters.

I also would like to be able to select more than one favoured club.

Probably said in these 70+ pages but...

A quick review of the contract offered to a player just before you click AGREE to sign. It could be that I have been caught up in the heat of transfer moment and offered a ridiculous wage or fee, so the ability to check exactly what was on the table would be of benefit imo :)

I've only checked about 30 or so of the pages, but here's an idea anyway: You can have player development, so why not staff development?

Think about it: To be a manager IRL, you normally have to take courses and earn UEFA licenses (thankfully FM doesn't force this upon its players)

If you were to take a Sunday League coach, send them on a course, and teach them about different types of fitness, the importance of macro/micronutrients upon playing performance etc., their skills would naturally increase, with a similar principle holding for physiotherapists, and assistant managers (although, as in reality, this would make them more attractive and more likely to be poached, but in return, improving the advice they give you on squad management)

This would even hold to a certain extent with shooting techniques (e.g. send someone on a biomechanics course to learn more about how balance and legs work in the physical act of shooting), and such things as leadership seminars.

You could also do something similar for veteran/injured players. Private Chat --> Development --> "Recommend coaching course", etc, so when they finally retire, you can have a greater likelihood of that player actually turning into someone you could retain.

Obviously, the money for such a course would come out of the club's finances, but it does represent a very important fact of life - not only do the best clubs/companies have to pay well to keep the best staff, but they also have train them and keep them sharp.

Also... This idea's more forum-specific than anything to do with the game... But would a seperate sub-forum for this sort of thing not be a worthwhile idea?

Love this thread!

As we can see by the number and variety of the requests, this great-tradition game surely can't answer the needs of everyone.

An unrealistic thought:

I would suggest, just in the sake of great improvement and social bonding, Make the game Open-Source! :)

As programming such a game was my dream since started playing CM and studying programming, I do think moving to an open source program could benefit the game greatly, and make more and stronger social connections between people around the world with a great unified cause!

It shouldn't even risk a financial loss, on the contrary, this kind of action could lead to even greater popularity and appreciation from the community.

Lately, for a few years now, I have neglected programming because lots of reasons but I know this kind of thing would insert in me great motivation to re-learn and contribute to my beloved game, and much more satisfaction.

I know this thought is unrealistic in this distorted world of ours, But unless we continue to believe and dreaming, we won't progress anywhere!

With much love and appreciation,

Robert

Love this thread!

As we can see by the number and variety of the requests, this great-tradition game surely can't answer the needs of everyone.

An unrealistic thought:

I would suggest, just in the sake of great improvement and social bonding, Make the game Open-Source! :)

As programming such a game was my dream since started playing CM and studying programming, I do think moving to an open source program could benefit the game greatly, and make more and stronger social connections between people around the world with a great unified cause!

It shouldn't even risk a financial loss, on the contrary, this kind of action could lead to even greater popularity and appreciation from the community.

Lately, for a few years now, I have neglected programming because lots of reasons but I know this kind of thing would insert in me great motivation to re-learn and contribute to my beloved game, and much more satisfaction.

I know this thought is unrealistic in this distorted world of ours, But unless we continue to believe and dreaming, we won't progress anywhere!

With much love and appreciation,

Robert

If it was open source there would be no money for SI. Meaning no more FM.

..I don't like your idea.

If it was open source there would be no money for SI. Meaning no more FM.

I don't agree. There are numerous examples of successful economic profitable o/s programs (I don't think you've read my words, only the big ones).

..I don't like your idea.

You don't have to... As I mentioned - I'm aware it's unrealistic.

I think the whole transfer system needs to be altered.

1. Players should play a bigger part in wanting to move to bigger clubs. i.e hinting in the media or begging for a move to the manager (although this is in the game, it still needs to be developed)
  2. You as a manager can allow how much involvement you have with a transfer, either sorting out wages and transfer fees or allowing the chairman to do it. (harry redknapp mentioned in a interview how he had no idea how much his players are paid and never gets involved with it)
  3. I would also like to have a reputation on how a club deals in the market. If you mess teams around by making offers and sorting contacts then pulling out last minute, or selling a player and changing your mind, it should make transfer deals in the future more of a issue and teams/players being less likely to do business.

About national teams...you are always forced to call 3 GK, when IRL Coaches are not forced to call 3 of them. Maybe you can make it non obligatory except for the tournaments that require it (World Cup for example)

Hi there!

First of all, sorry for my English, I´ll do my best. I would like to contribute with some important points to improve:

- The transfer system: although it has had a big improvement in FM2011, there is still a lot to do. I believe that it should become more realistic, for example, why all the negotiation process should be done just in one day? In the real world, when you want to sign a player it may take a long period of time, so in the event of a breakdown of negotiations you might have to postpone it for another day to try to convince the agent in other circumstances. What I suggest is that in the case of some players (the hardest to get) there should be the opportunity to reach "stages" over the next days before reaching a final agreement.

- More diversity and complexity when it comes to signing. That is, in a trade you can offer one of your players as an exchange, but when I've done this, the other team always turned it down, even when offering a better player than I'm trying to get. So the teams should be more willing to accept attractive offers. Also I miss another options that exist in the real world and it's not in FM, such as getting first options in young players from other temas, etc.

- The problem with the "B" club's youth team. Maybe this only happens in the Spanish league (I'm Spanish), but you cannot manage the "B" teams (like Real Madrid Castilla or Barcelona "B"), not even the training settings. And when you move a player to one of these teams is like he stepped back (the estimated value goes down), when it shouldn´t be like this.

- The interaction between players and you. I think this could be one of the best attractions in the game, but from my point of view, FM still fails in this point. When you have a bad relationship with a player I've never seen a poor perfomance in him, I don´t mean that always has to happen, but if the player is a super star, always performs great, no matter the mood he is.

- The interaction between you and the chairman and suporters: You might be doing well in your team, but if you are all the time arguing with some players, or you transfer your main player, the chairman should stop you or suporters should push more to sack you. When you are on the top of the table and winning trophies in FM, you can do whatever you want and that doesn´t happen in the real world.

- Improving the new players: The new players created by the FM use to have odd attributes. For example, a good young defender might have 18 in "heading", 16 in "tackling" but 6 in "marking" or 4 in "passing". Or 18 in "acceleration" but 7 in "speed", when this use not to happen in the existing players. I would appreciate more coordination in the player's attributes.

- I've seen another thing that might only happen in my version of FM, I dont know. When a big star are unhappy within the team and wants to be transfered and the team offers the player to other teams, they use to set the price as the estimated value, which is ridiculous, because I could buy Javier Pastore for just 8 million € or Eden Hazzard for 12M€. We all know that in the real world that would never happen.

I hope to have helped with this. Don´t know whether you agree. Bye!

can we have links...

on the goal of the month/season news item the description of the goals is a link to a highlight of it, can we have this on post-match news reports and league update news reports as well please?

ta :thup:

A few suggestions:

1) When a manager comes to a club, it would be realistic that he brings in 1-2 players from his old club. I haven't seen this yet.

2) International managers are payed. Fix this. Also, when being offered a NT manager contract, it should include a clause that you resign from your club team right away or at the end of the season.

3) The ability to actually release a post-match comment on the opposition manager.

4) One very cool thing to add would be an in-game music player through which you are able to play music files from your PC. As most of us don't listen to the game's sound, it would be a cool thing to listen to your own music while playing. It wouldn't be that hard to do.

Don't know if it's possible yet, but wouldn't it be nice if you're abroad on training camp in for example France as a Belgian team and you play friendlies in the place you're preparing your squad.

Example: Anderlecht preparing their season in let's say Marseille and they play a friendly there against an English team that's also there to prepare their season. Would be quite realistic imo.

Don't know if it's possible yet, but wouldn't it be nice if you're abroad on training camp in for example France as a Belgian team and you play friendlies in the place you're preparing your squad.

Example: Anderlecht preparing their season in let's say Marseille and they play a friendly there against an English team that's also there to prepare their season. Would be quite realistic imo.

Yes, it would certainly be awesome. I see it like this: there are some camps around the world (20-30 would be just awesome). So at the end of a season, you get to choose where to book your camp and you do this based on what other teams are there. You can play with local teams and with teams that are also having a training camp right there.

Yes, it would certainly be awesome. I see it like this: there are some camps around the world (20-30 would be just awesome). So at the end of a season, you get to choose where to book your camp and you do this based on what other teams are there. You can play with local teams and with teams that are also having a training camp right there.

Well, to be honest... now it is years that I am dreaming of it: preparing my team in chilly places over the world during summer session and in warm Arab Emirates or Spain during winter pause. Awsome and pretty much realistic, of course!

I think SI should look at releasing a game at the end of the season (June). From this point on you could then look forward to the next season like all of us are doing now, but with the dates sating June 2010, its a bit annoying.

Just a thought, over to you guys, what do u think?

A few suggestions:

4) One very cool thing to add would be an in-game music player through which you are able to play music files from your PC. As most of us don't listen to the game's sound, it would be a cool thing to listen to your own music while playing. It wouldn't be that hard to do.

You have the option to turn on your own music/media player and play YOUR favorite music! It works just as good as you mentioned, and easier to do!

:)

Make it more detailed. Able to built acadamies locally or internationally. Youngsters able to join the acadamies on schboy terms and if good enough sign them onto u-19. On getting youngsters to join, could assign scouts to local teams or schools and invite for trial. Youngsters who wants to join could also express interest to have trial. So ya, hopefully this is developed as i think it 'REALLY' develops home-grown talent, not like now just hoping for regens good enough. This happens in the real world ya ?

Archived