Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think there's anything new here but here goes;

Improve the role of the assistant manager in particular more feedback on training as suggested above. Also for them to offer opinions on formations based on your available players and possibly opposition. A Little more feedback on the tactics would be helpful.

Ability to set a stock response to general enquiries rather than having to waste time with the same queries on the same players day after day.

A little better choice in feeder teams? Was at Newcastle for 6 seasons and was offered all sorts of rubbish, maybe manager could make suggestion to the board?

Tweak the selling of players, buying is the right sort of level not too easy at times but not impossible but selling even good players because you dont want them is nigh on impossible.

More faith from the board ie when you ask for more transfer cash if you've got a good financial record and reputation just ocassionally it would be nice if they gave a more positive indication. More feedback from the board in general would be useful ie cup knock outs or wins depending on the status and finances of your club might trigger a response or a sudden consistent run of good/bad form.

A little more variation on team talks as well, they seem to get "ignored" as the impact on the player all too often.

I dont think theres too much wrong with this version, i'm plodding a long and have won promotions and a couple of cups (but somehow still to Real!!) but still struggling to get the tactical balance right. I'm sure it will come but as i noted above a little more guidance from your staff would be a help.

My biggest bugbear with FM is down to the use of specific man marking in the match engine.

I always set each of my Center Backs and Full Backs to mark a specific player, his opposite player in effect. My issue is that if the AI suddenly changers formation I can have extremes where my DL could be marking the ML which makes him sprint across the field, leaving me open on for attack on his side.

What I want is for the game to give me an alert when this has happened, Either an option to change tactics when the AI does or a more clear notice that they have swapped tactics.

Originally posted by WharfedaleRED:

Hummm....

1) Stadiums. I know this would be hard, but some sort of map of your stadium, so you can choose which bit to redevlop, name each stand ect. You could also choose designs, and have to factor in cost wiuth long term reward and your budget ect. I would really like to have a chocie of which stand to redevlop at the city ground, rarther than just being tol 'the east stand has been developed' again and again...hell that stand must now seat about 40,000 people- and the City Ground dosn't have an east stand.

2) Stop the repeated requests from people to sign your players, ocne you've said hands off its hands off.

3) more Chairman interaction

4) Leave the match engine alone it's perfect, a little more commentry veriaty would be nice though. (See other peoples ideas)

5) Recognition if someones someones brother/son or whatever.

yep, i like this idea icon14.gif

Originally posted by michaelfoster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WharfedaleRED:

1) Stadiums. I know this would be hard, but some sort of map of your stadium, so you can choose which bit to redevlop, name each stand ect. You could also choose designs, and have to factor in cost wiuth long term reward and your budget ect. I would really like to have a chocie of which stand to redevlop at the city ground, rarther than just being tol 'the east stand has been developed' again and again...hell that stand must now seat about 40,000 people- and the City Ground dosn't have an east stand.

No thanks, not the managers job tbf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not realy the managers job to deal with the financial side of buying players or offering contracts but we still do it

With\without ball is going to have to come back!!!

This is getting more and more clear to me. Why is it that now that we have the opportunity to see the whole game, where we actually see what is wrong with the tactic, there is no chance to do major adjustments. I feel that the tactics schemes are back at the system we had at CM1. I really miss the with\without ball, escpecially when I see the headless decisions from the players. Of course there are some tactics out there that will help me win every game, but what is the big deal about doing so? When I put up a tactic I put it the way I feel it would have worked out in real life. When it doesn't work in the FM engine, I really can't make myself adjust to something I find unrealistic in real life, by using one of your supertactics. It's like when you could play with 2 DC and the rest on top on CM2.. It is just too stupid...

My point is: Get the with\without ball back. So you can make adjustments when you can SEE that the players are going into the wrong positions.

I posted these in another thread, didnt know this existed. So, in the hope that these are noticed...

1) The ability for managers to choose their own training, youth upgrades.

If it is the case that facilities descriptions (e.g. “averageâ€) cover a wide range of values, it would be very helpful to see what the improvement actually is, as at the moment we can’t tell. But it would be an excellent feature if we could determine the level of improvement. As others have said it would be silly to improve facilities by an incremental step with each upgrade when you could just build a state of the art facility from scratch (i.e. if you have average facilities but 5mn in the bank, why do you have to build slightly better average facilities before you can afford to build an excellent one?). Perhaps when we request improvements to facilities the board can present us with a range of options, with the financial costs and timescales explicitly laid out. For example, you could order a limited upgrade for a small fee, or the board could ask you if you want to spend 2mn of your transfer budget a year on building and running a youth academy, or foreign youth camps. This would give managers the choice of forgoing current transfer spending for longer term success, and give managers more control over long-term strategy.

2) Enhanced celebrations for cup/title wins in 2D view.

I always hate it when, after winning a cup, the match ends immediately and goes to the after-match screen. It might be a bit immature, but I would love to bask in glory a bit more, to see in the 2D view a podium wheeled out, and everybody collect their medals and then have the trophy lifted. Imagine the commentary “And there it is, Steven Gerrard lifts the European cup!†Then maybe a lap of honour, or the team going to the crowd. As the game is much harder now, I feel that if you do manage to win a trophy then more rewards for the player’s hard work would be good (rather than just have a message from the board saying “well done, now please concentrate on future successesâ€).

3) Hall of fame or fan club votes for your clubs best ever teams etc.

Seen this somewhere else in the forums, thought it was excellent idea. Maybe best players for the club, national team etc. Imagine the thrill when a player you nurtured is voted the clubs best ever left back, or best striker. Imagine being voted your clubs greatest manager!!!

4) More manager information and feedback.

On the manager screen, rather than just the aggregate number of cups won and games won, it would be great if you could break this down, for example individual cups won at which club, league positions. Achievements on the other hand show everything, right down to signing each individual player, which is unnecessary and perhaps this could be limited to cup wins.

5) The ability to scout your own players as well as you can scout other players.

Mentioned already, it does seem silly that the information you receive from your scouts on players outside the club is much worse than information you receive from your coaches on your own players. Perhaps we can ask our scouts to scout our own players, I don’t know how difficult that would be to implement.

6) Post match press-conferences

Seen this elsewhere, would love it to come in. Would be great to have the option of giving a team the hairdryer postmatch in the media, or criticise the opposition for playing defensively. Even say sorry to the fans!

7) Anytime interaction with players who have a problem (slight or major).

At smaller clubs, it seems very easy for players to get unsettled through not playing, transfer speculation etc. It would be great if you could chat to the player directly about his concerns, and not just when a media item comes up.

8) Cup wins and other criteria counting towards board / fan approval.

I hate it when the board gets uppity when I am not top six, despite all I have done for them. Cup successes and past successes should be considered when judging performance. If you led a team to the double and a European Cup final in a season, but came in only 4th the next season due to a spate of injuries, you wouldn’t expect the board to get itchy in real life.

Most of mine are to do with the match engine, which I pay a lot of attention to...

1) The amount of free kicks and especially throw ins that go directly to an opposing player is insane. A lot of the time they are thrown right to an opposing player with none of your players anywhere near them, as if they are returning the ball after it had been put out.

2) Players attempting bizarre passes. A lot of the time I'd see a player (say a striker) collecting the ball down a flank, and then trying to play it down the line in front of him for the winger who is running behind him. Always going out or being easily collected. No player would attempt a pass like that.

3) Players attempt long shots too often on the default "mixed" setting.

4) Players attempt to shoot too often from free kicks from ridiculous distances/angles. Sometimes when there isn't even a wall.

5) Two players constantly passing between each other and losing the ball happens quite often.

6) Players do not seem aware of their own abilities and weaknesses. A player seems to have no hesitation in attempting a long shot on his "very weak" foot if play opens up for him, even if there are people to pass too. In real life players are usually very wary of attempting long shots with their weaker foot.

7) A combination of some of my other points in that I feel the "Run With Ball" and "Try Long Shots" instructions strange. If a player is good at dribbling they should run with the ball, and if a player is good at long shots they should attempt them. They should know this themselves and it should be obvious.

Getting away from the match engine....

8) This might be a controversial suggestion, but I'd like to see some kind of "Potential" attribute for players. Right now it is really juts impossible to sense a potential of a player unless you scout them, and hope they are accurate. It's not like real life where you see the player in training every day and can get some kind of "feeling" if the player will be special. I don't want an exact numerical description as they are in the database. But a one word description as in "High" or "Moderate" would be welcomed by me.

9) Player interaction. Right now, to me, it just seems... totally random. I can praise a player for his good performances and he's delighted, I can do it again 2 weeks later and all of a sudden he "Feels under pressure to perform". What changed? It just feels like a lottery now.

10) Crazy chairman.I don't know how much this happens in real life, but your chairman splashing out £18m on a Central defender when you already have 5 that are better is very annoying. If they are going to take it into their own hands and sign someone they could at least ask for suggestions.

Regens

I would like to see an improvement for developing youth players. I feel a little irritable knowing that there is not a darn thing i can do about improving their potential.

My idea

regens should be created at the age of 11 or 12 with a potential from 0 - 100. The potential of these players can then be improved by your youth system. ie top youth academy will drastically improve a kids potential compared to having no facilities. employing a 'head of youth department', staff member can also have an influence on potential. Then at age 15-16. You can choose to either promote them too your under 18s or release them. After you have promoted them their attributes are revealed. From this point on you can no longer develop potential only current ability. This will allow you to have a great control over players.

I also get sick to death of young strikers with finishing 1. All strikers should have at least a rating of 5 for this field. I have several times had a great player for all striker stats but their finishing been below 5. This is far too unrealistic.

Players reacting to gaining / losing captaincy.

Currently, nothing at all happens when you give someone the armband, when irl it's a very big thing esp at international level.

I think that upon taking over a club you need to specify a 'club captain' and perhaps this should be shown in the club information screen to make it more official looking. This is an important factor irl and should be included in the game.

With the same for squad numbers too. ie Raul was number seven at Real, Beckham wanted number seven, Beckham gets told to p*ss off cos Raul is the captain.

1) improved set piece training - where you can specify specific moves for specific frre kick areas and corners in a windowed mode, the move you dedicate your training to set pieces the better they get at the corners with only your dedicated set piece takers improving their taking ability.

2) beta testing extensively before proper research on player attributes is done so that the basics work when the game is released and also would discourage most from copying the game

3) more back room interaction with players, i don't want to do every little thing through the media, i would like to deal with my players on a personal basis rather then moaning to the times about form.

4) Setting up systems of play for a club such as at arsenal where you can tell the team to keep the ball on the floor as much as possible and this would go on to affect the development of your youngsters as it is easy to get them using an aerial threat but its difficult to stop your defenders playing long balls without having them play useless passes between each other.

5) Improved retraining of players relative to their stats. I don't mind having a striker come through my academy with 5 finishing but i would like to be able to retrain them as naturals is a positon that suits them better with their ability in the original position dropping. Also would like to see positional ability dropping for players like Henry who used to play as a wing but is a natural forward and as such his ability as a winger has dropped over the years.

1) improved set piece training - where you can specify specific moves for specific frre kick areas and corners in a windowed mode, the move you dedicate your training to set pieces the better they get at the corners with only your dedicated set piece takers improving their taking ability.

icon14.gifI will second that,set pieces its an important feature in football today.

1.when club refuse your loan offer but accept others, it would be nice of the club to say team x has offered this match it and will accept or something along those lines.

2. also on loans i would like to tell the club what importance their player is to me when trying to loan him. at the moment its 1 way traffic.

3.on tactics i would like the option to play a narrow midfiel but wide back line or visa versa.

4.team talks not to have the importance they seem to at the moment (thats my opinion)

5.player to accept termination of contract more. especially when not being picked for long periods of time.

6. when signing a player that needs WP. if you have a feeder club that can get round it the player should decide before the deal goes through, that is where he is going.

7. attendances sorted. more so when a team is promoted to epl.

im sure theres more but thats it for the moment

I think with feeder clubs you should be able to send staff there that you trust and they can report on players there if you have first option and can also look after players who are loaned there make sure their stats dont go down because training isn't as goo

Apologies if this has already been requested but this idea just hit me earlier on today...

I think it will be cool if there can be more player reaction towards his team mates, which signify his own character and other players characters and how they get on during a game. For example if Team A are on the attack, player B decides to go for an ambitious long shot while player C is in a great scoring position. The shot is hit aimlessly over the bar. Player C is annoyed with player B as to why he didn't shoot and I feel this would be good to implement into the match commentary, to add to the realism and the atmosphere and can also change a managers tactical approach.

Please give feedback on this and feel free to elaborate on this if you have any of your own ideas.

winter breaks[b/]:

- winter breaks to be a more important role.

- Players should go on holiday

- Should have a news item about fitness level of players returning from holiday (as in summer break)

- Possible to have a "team of the fall" award (before winter break)

- Possible to have a "team of the spring" award (after winter break)

- More important to be 1st in division when there is winter break. See in Germany where you are "herbst meister or what they call it"

- More media about in winter break building up to league start: if you are on 1st spot, can you keep it up and be champ at the end, at relagation spot, can you avoid relegation etc. Mauybe combined with known facts that in last season the teams on relegation spots did not survive (remember the great escape in England by WBA)

More variations in Board expectations:

- For scandinavian teams. Royal League qualification added as a new expectations that happends before european qualification. A team qual for Royal League if they are on a top-4 final league spot.

- And all the obvious expectations: qual for Euro Cup, qual for Champions League, qual for Euro Cup rounds, qual for CL rounds, qual for CL quarter finals etc.

- Domestic: Challenge for a domestic cup

Transfers easier to sell players

More complex negoiations on transfers -ie longer payment clauses, can't play against team bought from that season,loan swap as bait.

More agent involvement

Subsitute comments. ie you can win us the game.

backroom staff should be focused on,

it should be scrapped and rebuilt from the ground up.

at the moment we just ask our coachs for their opinion on a player and he comes back with a s***ty little report that doesnt say where the players best qualities are, (only the scout gives you that, and its not that accurate)

for example, i want my coach to train my left winger to make a simple pass inside left and to have to pass returned 30 yards in front of him so he has to run past the marker and play a quality first time cross on which my striker puts it in the back of the oppos net.

my coach will tell me that he will have some concerns etc or that he can do it time after time without tiring and so on.

Originally posted by Ryan Buck:

at the moment we just ask our coachs for their opinion on a player and he comes back with a s***ty little report that doesnt say where the players best qualities are, (only the scout gives you that, and its not that accurate)

i ment to say that you can also only get the scouts report if you player has been scouted before signing for you.

I've heard it mentioned before, but on a player screen where it has 'palns for the future and that kind of thing, it should have 'home grown status' and supporter opinion.

The supporter opinion bit should say things like ' despite not playing on a regular basis, the tottenham fans would hate to see Defoe leave' or 'after his 31m transfer, the chelsea fans are still waiting for shevchenko to prove himself'

I also want the board to prompt you on where the squad needs strengthening 'freddy sheppard would like to welcome you to newcastle, your transfer budget for this season is 7m, the board and supporters are keeen to see you strengthen the defence that leaked 47 goals last term.'

Ok so here we go....

I believe that there should be visual representation of a players height and weight.

So for instance have an outline of a player with a height mark next to him and maybe a different colour outline to show excess fat.

This method could also be used to show injuries.

I would also like to have more support for online games as joining a clan or getting an IP for a quick(!) game is a bitch.

I am aware that stadium issues are not usually a matter for managers but a 2D top down image with the option to expand stadiums, food stalls etc. would enhance the game.

The inclusion of named sponsors, even if they are made up, would make things more realistic.

Better media interaction with regards to returning players.

That is all for now

I ain't had time to read through the whole of this topic (which started years ago by the looks of things icon_biggrin.gif) due to a lack of free time these days, but the one area I would definitely like to see restructured is training. I could go into all the unecessary waffle with my reasons for this, but I have links to do that for me icon14.gif :

A user guide to Seasoned Alcoholic's FM2007 Training Schedules

So basically a note to the developers...please consider bringing back a training system such as the one used in Championship Manager Season 03/04. At least then specific attributes can be targeted rather than the attribute pools as is currently the case in FM2007. I'll probably have more suggestions for the future though.

Cheers icon14.gif

I hadn't thought of that, but now i've read it i really want substitute instructions.

Captaincy seeming important would be nice as well, wiwth some sort of fan opinion.

also the media specualting about you signing players that are not on your shortlist. just plain making it up like real life.

total career earnins would be nice !!

and players you're not using getting interest from smaller clubs (like wayne bridge and swp at chelsea)

clubs accepting =player offers that make sense, like when you offer a defender as part of a transfer deal for their defender.

older players asking o leave to return to their home country before they retire, like ajax and edgar davids.

I've seen calls for a 'touring squad' to be selectable, instead of being able to call up every tom/dick/harry from the reserves or under 18's while you're in Peru on tour the morning before the match. Here here.

But what about the effects of jet lag on players on the way back home? Or what about players who play internationals halfway across the globe. Can distance traveled have more of an effect on players.

In the finance -> transfer screen to see listed the teams you have a "friendly game" in spare with when they bought one of your players and there was a "friendly game" in the offer too.

After a while I forget which teams I have this deal with and sometimes forget to play the games.

Originally posted by DavsClaus:

In the finance -> transfer screen to see listed the teams you have a "friendly game" in spare with when they bought one of your players and there was a "friendly game" in the offer too.

After a while I forget which teams I have this deal with and sometimes forget to play the games.

Definitely.

If they're in the same league you can just use your mouse wheel to do a quick scroll through the list of clubs on that little menu thing, and see if any of them have it. But what if you sell your player to a foreign club, or one of the bigger clubs e.t.c.

So yes, I would love that.

Also, I know it's already been mentioned, probably in this thread, but I would love to see a "scouting reports"-style level of info on your own players, as with the way it currently stands, you know more about players that don't play for you than those that do.

It'd be great if it would be possible to sign a player on a bosman six months ahead, then have the flexibility to try and sign him right then and there. You see this happen in football quite regularly, but when you sign someone in FM, you'll have to cancel the upcoming transfer to try and buy him outright.

I'd like to be able to interact with a player who hasn;t got a WP. I've tried to send my youngster on loan to my belgium feeder, but he wont go. Now hes all annoyed cause i dont play him, but i can't?! He wont accept a new contract because of not playing and he reckons he's too good to go on loan. Its very frustrating, but how was i meant to know he wasn;t up for it?!

i don't know if this has been mentioned already but what i would like is some sort of a quick sub system so we wouldn't have to go all the way to the tactics screen to do subs, and also would like to ask assistant for a good signing

I don't know if this has been mentioned but, I'd like the players to play a bigger part in the media before the matches. Today for example there was a story about Spurs and Robbie Keane, how he was "unfazed by the challenge of ending Arsenal's unbeaten record at the Emirates Stadium."

So maybe if the player talking to the media has a high influence or is a favorite at the club or personell for the players then his comments could boost the team and up their will to perform during the game. Etc, etc.

I would like to see, managers at other games, i.e alex ferguson was at the liverpool game to watch there match against arsenal, Ferguson was giving LFC the look over befor there up coming League match

you could make it so that when you 'view' a match in the game, it could be mentioned in the commentary.

'xxxx is in the stands tonight, probably sizing up his rivals arsenal before next tuesdays semi-final'

or it could cause specualtion

'xxxx is in the stands tonight, probably to get a first hand look at top transfer target gareth bale'

Originally posted by Ackter:

then why don't you play TCM?

Why doesn't he have the right to voice his opinion about what he would like to see in this game without having snide comments directed at him???

He even took the time to post IN THE CORRECT THREAD unlike the vast majority of people and he still gets grief from smartarses.

There should be more significance when it comes to club captaincy, hence captains should be involved in locker room activiies.

and improve the russian league, in the game if i wanted to buy ivan pelozzoli from reggina and gyan asamoah from udinese for lokmotive moscow it would never happen, but in reallity its an intresting league that attracts likes of Maniche and Ricardo olivera and more.

Archived