Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

you can do this...

No, you can offer multiple players in exchange for a single player. What the guy wanted was to be able to offer multiple players in exchange for more than 1 player. So you give a club 3 or 4 players in exchange for 2 players.

-The ability to send players that have been playing in an international tournament during the off-season on extended holiday once they return.

You can already do this. If any players return from the off-season tired then you're assistant will tell you this and you can give them up to 4 weeks extended leave.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, you can offer multiple players in exchange for a single player. What the guy wanted was to be able to offer multiple players in exchange for more than 1 player. So you give a club 3 or 4 players in exchange for 2 players.

oh... why? Seems a bit pointless because it's incredibly rare in RL..

I'd like the option to fine my players for falling over like dominoes as soon as an opposition player comes within 5 yards of them...

and I'd also like to fine players for trying to win throw-ins off the legs of opponents 500 times per match.. in dangerous positions too for Christ's sake... sort it out SI!

You can already do this. If any players return from the off-season tired then you're assistant will tell you this and you can give them up to 4 weeks extended leave.

Hmmm. I haven't ever seen this, good to know it exists. I think the option should appear more frequently as there were several players on my team who were involved in the South American U20s and the European U21s who could have used an extra couple of weeks I reckon.

I'd just like to see one thing for the next series and is that more flexibility in the match engine in regards to player positioning and movement. I want to give my players positions for when I have the ball and when the opponent has the ball. It's common practice in real life to change your formation depending on who has possession (for instance playing with a 3 man defense when defending and having one DC step up into the DM spot as deep lying play-maker when in possession). I realize this is difficult to achieve and very liable to exploits (having 6 DC's while defending and 6 ST's while attacking could get a little difficult for the ME to handle) but there must be some way in which the match engine can be made more flexible in regards to position changes and player movement. It's a very important tactical weapon but in FM it's unavailable. If you play someone in the DC position they will always act like a standard DC no matter what instructions you give him (highest mentality, forward runs and roaming don't help at all) and lone players on the flank have a very strong tendency to act like fullbacks.

If you look at some threads in the tactics and training section you can see how players struggle with these limitations:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/238246-The-3-4-1-2-A-Tactical-Challenge!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/154151-Ajax-System-for-FM2011-onwards-%E2%80%9CAFC-Ajax%E2%80%9C-1990s-(Discussion)

In both threads people try to replicate very feasible real life tactics but the rigidness of the ME prevents them from working. If this is fixed I feel this would be a MAJOR step forward for the series. It's a huge step and I realize it will probably be very difficult to take but if this game wants to improve this is in my opinion the next step to take.

It's more an editor thing but still. We've finally got the ability to make play-offs two-legged, but this makes both semi-finals and finals two-legged and I can't find a way round it to make semis two legged and finals single matches so could we please have this fairly simple thing added? ta.

to be honest this seems such an obvious thing to have added I wouldn't be surprised to find they already had it in this year and I'm being really dense in not being able to find it, but just in case it is SI being stupid and not me, I though I'd bring this up.

I'd like to see more hidden things. Meaning, when i look at a player from another team's screen, his personal details should be hidden- For instance, contract details etc, specifically minimum fee releases. Alot of players have these, but not every club is going to know about it. Just more hidden stuff

I'd just like to see one thing for the next series and is that more flexibility in the match engine in regards to player positioning and movement. I want to give my players positions for when I have the ball and when the opponent has the ball. It's common practice in real life to change your formation depending on who has possession (for instance playing with a 3 man defense when defending and having one DC step up into the DM spot as deep lying play-maker when in possession).

It basically used to be like this once upon a time, with the arrow system. The match engine didn't handle it very well, and it was changed.

I too would like to be able to do something like this, but the engine has to be able to cope with it. (And the AI managers as well.)

If you play someone in the DC position they will always act like a standard DC no matter what instructions you give him (highest mentality, forward runs and roaming don't help at all) and lone players on the flank have a very strong tendency to act like fullbacks.

Perhaps this is the key to it. Some sliders and switches are practically non-functional for some positions. What if this was changed? The individual instructions could be used as a positional tool. For example:

- Run from deep for a DC would make him step up from the defence line when in possession.

- Move into channels would make the DC occupy the space between himself and the full back when in possession.

- Roaming would make the DC search for space more aggressively.

- Cut inside would make the DC take even more central position.

With these you could shift your whole defence line left if you needed. Imagine:

- DL is a wing back, attacking, hugs line.

- DCL moves to channel.

- DCR cuts inside.

- DR is a full back, defensive, moves to channel.

The result should be that without possession they would be a standard line of four and IN possession the left back would charge forward while the three others would shift to the left and form a back three!

I'd like to see more hidden things. Meaning, when i look at a player from another team's screen, his personal details should be hidden- For instance, contract details etc, specifically minimum fee releases. Alot of players have these, but not every club is going to know about it. Just more hidden stuff

Mmm, increasing the fog of war would be a good idea for these kinds of things. Then you can get your scouts to make discreet enquiries to find out information or rely on media speculation, or the players agent publicising that he has a min fee release if he wants to go somewhere.

I'm sure its been covered in this thread but having testimonials would be quite good

You can actually do this yourself - if your players are retiring, make sure they all play in the final match, and you should get a special news article about it if they've had a career for you. Retiring players aren't usually in my first team, so I discovered this more or less by accident, when I had three players, one of whom had been the captain and a key player for several years, retiring in one year, I had a moment of sentimentality and selected them all for the final league match which happened to be a home fixture. I don't know how it would work if the last league match is an away fixture - maybe the same, maybe not.

National Management Policies which gives a method of communication between the user and the game on the team management style so the game doesn't punish the user but works with them and reacts better to their actions and decisions. Example, you have a game window full of options, check boxes and the sort with different policies you can apply to your national team your managing, like enforcing that you will only call up players that play in the home nation domestic league (i.e. England only calls up players in the EPL), or will only call up players who play in continental competitions (i.e. They must play in Europe with their club), or you will only call up players you play in leagues with a 3 star rep or higher (i.e. like Capello claiming Beckham needed to play in a high level of competition to be called up).

There are tons of other policies you could come up with and employ so the game can punish you or reward you when you either break your own policies or stick to them, succeed with them or fail with them. Say you only call up players in 3 star rep leagues, but then end up calling up someone who is in a 2 star league the press can then rip you apart. Maybe some policies are considered dated, so when you employ it the media question you and the backlash for breaking it could be even worse. Maybe your national team isn't doing well when you take over, so you decide to introduce a youth revolution by declaring a % of the national squad will be under a certain age, the media praise you, claiming it's just what the country needs and plays off like the scenario where you could replicate the success Germany had in the 2010 WC, maybe even go further and win it with your youths or on the other end of the spectrum you get slaughtered after failing badly with your youth experiment and the old internationals start calling you out claiming they would have gone further with more seasoned players.

These could be included at club level, but I think there is too much freedom already at the club game it wouldn't make much difference or at least not as many valid policies, though maybe the chairman could impose the policies on you and not the manage. But I certainly think Policies could at another dimension to the National side of management and add more avenues for unique situations and comments from the media.

I would like to see the ability to mange the U18's. It can be easily done as it could be the same as the normal game except you're managing at a younger level. You can still be in charge of hiring coaches and scouts. Maybe there can be more trial days, once a month.

Ability to warn/fine players for too much yellow cards.

Better transfer AI:

I find a great youngster, valued 5M.

Offering 5M, rejected.

Offering 7M, rejected.

Offering 9M, rejected.

Offering 10M, they counter-offer 26.5M.

I give up.

Next transfer season, player have better stats and value, say, around 6M. And my rival buys him for 10M....

I have no idea if it has been mentioned, and I don't want to trawl through 347 pages :p

A really good feature, and one that would surely be relatively simple to implement is a button to give all players who played in the last match 1, 2 or 3 days off training. If I am in a hard run of Sat, Wed, Sat, Wed, etc., I generally rest my players a lot to try to keep them fresh. This would surely use a tweaked version of the selection button, so wouldn't be too difficult to implement, I'm sure.

I have no idea if it has been mentioned, and I don't want to trawl through 347 pages :p

A really good feature, and one that would surely be relatively simple to implement is a button to give all players who played in the last match 1, 2 or 3 days off training. If I am in a hard run of Sat, Wed, Sat, Wed, etc., I generally rest my players a lot to try to keep them fresh. This would surely use a tweaked version of the selection button, so wouldn't be too difficult to implement, I'm sure.

shift/ctrl select the players that you want to rest, right-click/squad/training/schedule/rest/x days

We don't need a button for that :confused:

One thing that consistently drives me nuts is the inability to raise backroom staff wages beyond a seemingly arbitrary ceiling. Losing one of my top coaches to a rival club because he wants 6000 quid a week and I can't offer him anything above 4000 (meanwhile I have 1.2 million p/w wage budget available) makes me want to kill myself. Fix this!

Guest ajdavies

I mentioned this a couple of years ago but it never made it in despite some good feedback so i'll raise it again

(as this is a couple of years old the player examples are a little dated but the principle is still relevant)

----------------------

After reading this really good article on the increasingly common occurence of "undisclosed" transfer fees:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...es-undisclosed

I cant help thinking that this should be incorparated in game.

*You could make it a condition of your bid that the amount is disclosed/undisclosed

* Disclosing a transfer free would add pressure to an expensive player but appease the fans looking for big signings (Berbatov) (could also boost club rep/ attract players)

* Disclosing a large fee in a sale would justify to your fans why you have sold a big player (Keane). Disclosing a fee lower than what you payed will show you to be businessly naive or show you accepting the player was a failure (Shevchenko)

* Disclosing a small fee for a youngster will look great for you if they turn out to be great (Anelka/Arsenal). You wont get as much credit if noone knows how cheap you got them.

* Disclosing many large fees can leave your whole team struggling with fan expectation (Tottenham)

Loads of balanced pro's and con's and varying motives between clubs would make this an interesting feature.

It could also tie in with the new press conference/jounalist relationship features. For example

1. Sign young star from club A. Agree to non-disclose fee with club A

2. Player plays brilliant in first 5 games

3. In press conference field several questions asking how much he cost.

4. Decide to brag how cheap player was in press conference. Impress your fans, increase relationship with journalist.

5. Ruin relationship with Club A's manager. Have to pay X amount of compensation for breaking terms of transfer, annoy your own chairman.

6. Club A's manager under pressure from his fans for selling star on the cheap.

7. Other clubs looking for non-disclosed sales tend to ignore your offers as they dont believe you can keep your mouth shut

Guest ajdavies

Oh and just to quickly mention the other two suggestions I've made in previous years:

1. Ability to express disbelief (in the media) why your player hasnt been called up for national team

2. Option to include "club affiliation" as part of a player transfer offer

1. Ability to express disbelief (in the media) why your player hasnt been called up for national team

Definitely. I'd also like the media to ask why I'm not calling up players who are doing well, a la Capello being asked why he isn't calling up Scott Parker every press conference.

I'd just like to see one thing for the next series and is that more flexibility in the match engine in regards to player positioning and movement. I want to give my players positions for when I have the ball and when the opponent has the ball. (...)

This is something I miss the most atm. It's now impossible to make any decent Ajax/Cruyff tactics, which depend on well disciplined repositioning on the field between defending and attacking. F.i. the most important aspect of Cruyff tactics philosophy is always having a diamond in midfield. And when playing with 1 AMC and 2 MC's, it's your DL's (or DR's) job to become the DMC! And there are (as mentioned) far more situations where certain players must take up certain positions.

I'd like to be able to give my players instructions of where to move, like in: "IF your DM goes to MC, THEN your DCL goes to DMC", or: "IF your DL goes forward THEN your DLC-DRC-DR become DLC-DC-DRC", etc.

One cool thing Player Manager used to have was that in Tactics it had the pitch divided in (I believe) 12 squares (4 high, 3 sideways), and you could position all your players where you wanted according to in which square the ball was, and had this for attacking and defending. So when the ball was in the top left square while attacking you had your AML there with the ball and the rest of your players where you wanted them to either receive the cross or back up the AML. Or for my Ajax/Cruyff tactics I could f.i. place my DL as DMC when attacking and back into DL when defending.

That PM system together with the instructions would be great for me. :)

The second most thing I would like to see are some of the hidden attributes of my players. I think that if a player has been at my club for a pretty long while I should know if he was professional or not, or whatever else of the hidden atts you could tell after getting to know a player better personally.

More communication with the board over transfers whether i have funds or not, for instance ive had problems signing a paticular player so i ask the board for help in negoations with the club, and also if im at low repuation club but i have an expierenced well know assistant or well known chairman or director of football i should be able to ask my assistant etc. to help convince the player to join. which leads into another idea, more communication with agents and player pre negotation if im a championship club i should be allowed to try and convince a player to join my team by offering a promise of promotion or if im a premiership team offering european football. Whats everyone elses oppinion. And dont diss my spelling its almost 1am in Australia.

This is something I miss the most atm. It's now impossible to make any decent Ajax/Cruyff tactics, which depend on well disciplined repositioning on the field between defending and attacking. F.i. the most important aspect of Cruyff tactics philosophy is always having a diamond in midfield. And when playing with 1 AMC and 2 MC's, it's your DL's (or DR's) job to become the DMC! And there are (as mentioned) far more situations where certain players must take up certain positions.

I'd like to be able to give my players instructions of where to move, like in: "IF your DM goes to MC, THEN your DCL goes to DMC", or: "IF your DL goes forward THEN your DLC-DRC-DR become DLC-DC-DRC", etc.

One cool thing Player Manager used to have was that in Tactics it had the pitch divided in (I believe) 12 squares (4 high, 3 sideways), and you could position all your players where you wanted according to in which square the ball was, and had this for attacking and defending. So when the ball was in the top left square while attacking you had your AML there with the ball and the rest of your players where you wanted them to either receive the cross or back up the AML. Or for my Ajax/Cruyff tactics I could f.i. place my DL as DMC when attacking and back into DL when defending.

That PM system together with the instructions would be great for me. :)

Perhaps not quite as complicated as you want but my players already cover for each other... if my DC is OOP my MCd falls into the back four, if it's the full-back the MC on that side drops into the full-back position, I've seen my centre-backs dribbling past opponents and crossing because they are in the AMR/L position and the winger is covering elsewhere... My main problem with the tactics engine is trying to make my MCd sit in front of the back four as if in a DM position (like you say you want your FB to do). In FM09 he did... the tactic hasn't changed but he no longer sits in a DM position (but everything else is so much better now, my defenders start defending at the halfway point of the opposition half instead of running back to the 18 yard line and then defending.. closing down seems to be much improved, defending as a whole, whilst still iffy at tirmes, is way way better than it was, I can go on...) like I say, I want my MCd to sit in front of the back four and whilst he used to, he doesn't any more :(

Probably been done but basically.

Seperate attacking/defensive tactic screens to give instructions for defending and then attacking.

Also, instead of the tactical screen as you see it now, I'd rather it see in 3D pitch shape and maybe even animations, i.e. when you click 'often' run from deep ....then it sort of just shows you the movements that player will make, the wide play etc...seeing a player on the training field 'move into channels' ....I just think it'd allow you to get a better sense of your tactics before game play. I think FM are probably well off this sort of thing though but It'd be a step forward IMO. Heck, maybe even a long time in the future, on the "3D tactics match screen" ...you can move the players manually into the sort of positions you want.

Imagine this:

Scout Report "Opposition usually play 4-4-2, very wide, high line" etc.....then you go onto the 3d match screen, you have a choice of then clicking yourself against standard formations such as 4-5-1, 4-4-2 etc....but also an opposition to click on your scout recommendation i.e. "chelsea will play 4-4-2" so you click that. The little 3d men come up on the screen on the pitch as Chelsea would 'line up' ....and then you can move your players for a 'defensive system' to how you want, what player is picking up what position etc....I.e defensively go 4-4-2 and match up man for man but then attacking, go 4-3-3 with a striker dropping in as 3rd midfield.

Also the 'manual moving' would also allow to sort out the likes of wide play. Isn't it frustrating when you want to play a system that involves:

FB - flying forward

WG - when we have the ball, basically playing really narrow, dropping inside regularly, but without it, closing down the full back. Whatever I try, I can't seem to do this, you have to play them as AMRC/AMLC and then do "man marking" on their full back specific instructions to make sure defensively your not being raped out wide.

CB - when you have it, their right out wide with the DM covering the centre, FB's nice and high up.

then when you lose it, CB quickly get back into position etc......you just can never properly replicate stuff like that.

This is what I'd love to see. I can see it myself but I imagine most are just reading without a clue of what I'm talking about.

Prioritized players in reserve & youth teams, ie you could tell your coach responsible for the reserve and/or youth team to always play this player and in selected position.

That already happens. Just select them on the squad page.

Be able to watch match highlights of an individual player performance. I suppose it would be like the analysis screen but to see all the bits in 1 video clip

This would indeed be great. To incorporate this feature into scout reports (whenever your scout has been instructed to watch 1-3 games of a player) would be legendary.

Make it so when another club offer one of my staff a contract it alerts me and doesn't let me continue until I've either offered them a contract or not. Too many times do I miss the news article and then lose a staff member. It should be a high priority mail!

Oh yeah - I want to open Youth Acadamies over the world and get regular feedback from my 'Brazilian Academy Manager' on who's looking good, who to look out for - then, when they are 16 or something, you can invite any starlets over for a week, to check them out yourself - your Brazilan, for example,Academy Manager can also keep tabs on any talent in Brazil and act as a scout, you could even do culture swaps, i.e sending a few English youths over to brazil for a weeks training camp, they then pick up maybe the odd technical and flair attribute (Brazil's attributes as a nation) this kind of thing does happen IRL my cousin who is at Man Utd's Academy @ 15 went to Belgium for a week......sorry for the rubbish 100th post!!

100% agree mate, have always wanted to see Youth academies worldwide in FM. I think the youth setup / scouting network needs to be updated!

1 i would like to be able to have academies around thhe world. Or something similar

2 I would like to see youth coaches have a bigger role, and for thegame to go into detail about your own academy and for it to have a bigger role

3 i would like scouting to be improved

Couldnt agree more mate, thats the 3 main things id like to see vastly improved. Im personally not interested in 3D match engines, id rather see time spent on the realism of the game. Id also like to see the transfer system improved some more again, its got better but could still be improved further. The introduction of agents was a great touch. Would love to see the youth element of FM improved, like having more in depth than just under 18's! Not sure if there is a reason they have never had players younger than 14 on the game but would be good to have junior teams perhaps and under 16 national squads?! The scouting network needs to be improved also in my opinion, still not in depth enough and i never end up using the scouts much, which is a shame.

I hope FM12 has weather effects.

E.g. when it's raining heavy (heavy downpour) for water to spray up in the air when the ball is passed along the floor.

For an example see the West Ham V Chelsea highlights from this season.

Or if it's snowing and there is no under soil heating, for there to be ball trails left when the ball is passed along the floor with the ball trails slowly covered back over with snow as the snow continues to fall down etc.

For an example see Ipswich V Leicester highlights from this season.

I'd like to see us given the ability to dictate the name on the back of a players shirt without having to give them nicknames. In real life some players have massively long names which wouldn't be able to fit on a shirt so are given nicknames for the back of thier shirts eg. Błaszczykowski from Dortmund has 'Kuba' on the back of his shirt.

In my long term save for example Barcelona have a player called Jesus Fernandez Fernandez and Fernandez Fernandez shows up above his head on the ME, I just think it would be both easier and look nicer if the player had the ability to change that without having to use nicknames, which are player specific and to me personally are annyoing in the Team Sheet.

Would also help when you have many players called tthe same thing. Again on my long term save the first choice Brazil team contains 2 players both called 'Da Silva' and one D Silva, again its incredibly annoying/confusing when you are watching the game.

I'd like to see us given the ability to dictate the name on the back of a players shirt without having to give them nicknames. In real life some players have massively long names which wouldn't be able to fit on a shirt so are given nicknames for the back of thier shirts eg. Błaszczykowski from Dortmund has 'Kuba' on the back of his shirt.

In my long term save for example Barcelona have a player called Jesus Fernandez Fernandez and Fernandez Fernandez shows up above his head on the ME, I just think it would be both easier and look nicer if the player had the ability to change that without having to use nicknames, which are player specific and to me personally are annyoing in the Team Sheet.

Would also help when you have many players called tthe same thing. Again on my long term save the first choice Brazil team contains 2 players both called 'Da Silva' and one D Silva, again its incredibly annoying/confusing when you are watching the game.

What would you suggest for this guy?

Randriwhat.png

I'm not sure he'd like to run around with "Randy" on his back.. :p

Do forgive me for cross-posting. I do not hang aroung these forums much, so forgive me if this is a common subject. About hidden attributes...

It's been reported (confirmed, even) around the forums that personalities play a big role in player performances and youth development. An indicator is of course the personality description, but not that much can be gathered from that and the only way to know what some of the descriptions mean is by guides where scout programs have been used. Although, to some extent, some hidden attributes are needed for keeping the game interesting (realistic even), I don't think it's reasonable that I, after managing a player for five years, have NO idea of his level of professionalism or ambition.

My suggestion is that attributes like ambition, professionalism, loyalty, pressure and sportsmanship start off rather clouded but as you, and your backroom staff, spend time with the players become more and more visible and accurate. Perhaps using graphical bars we can at least get an idea of the various aspects of the players personality.

This way it would be rewarding with long-term thinking. The more time my staff and I spend with the same players, the more we get to know them. Seeing as how tutoring (which now is completely unexplained and left to guessing) is VITAL to development I think it only fair, and a lot funnier, to have a better view of the players personalities.

I think it would also add to the players 'coming alive' and not just being pass-n-shoot-numbers.

What would you suggest for this guy?

Randriwhat.png

I'm not sure he'd like to run around with "Randy" on his back.. :p

Woud probably use Randri or Claudio depending on what kind of mood I was in. Considering he's from Madagascar though I might even give him a 'nickname' on his shirt from some kind of limur.

When I'm scouting a transfer target - say a CB - and my scout says "...would be the third best CB in the team were he to join" then I want to know names, specifically. "He is not as good as A and B, but better than X and Y" sort of thing.

Also, when you are looking to loan a player out I would like to see a more comprehensive breakdown of their facilities and coaching team. I know you can get a sense through the Staff/Information screen, but I would like to see a more detailed, simplified breakdown. Something along the lines of "This club would help develop X' fitness and his technique, but would not help with his...whatever."

Something like that.

A better handing of contract renewals in you are over the wage budget. Instead of cutting all renewals to a third of the current one how the option to have certain players renewed at the current wage, some lower and some having their contracts run out.

M

Do forgive me for cross-posting. I do not hang aroung these forums much, so forgive me if this is a common subject. About hidden attributes...

It's been reported (confirmed, even) around the forums that personalities play a big role in player performances and youth development. An indicator is of course the personality description, but not that much can be gathered from that and the only way to know what some of the descriptions mean is by guides where scout programs have been used. Although, to some extent, some hidden attributes are needed for keeping the game interesting (realistic even), I don't think it's reasonable that I, after managing a player for five years, have NO idea of his level of professionalism or ambition.

My suggestion is that attributes like ambition, professionalism, loyalty, pressure and sportsmanship start off rather clouded but as you, and your backroom staff, spend time with the players become more and more visible and accurate. Perhaps using graphical bars we can at least get an idea of the various aspects of the players personality.

This way it would be rewarding with long-term thinking. The more time my staff and I spend with the same players, the more we get to know them. Seeing as how tutoring (which now is completely unexplained and left to guessing) is VITAL to development I think it only fair, and a lot funnier, to have a better view of the players personalities.

I think it would also add to the players 'coming alive' and not just being pass-n-shoot-numbers.

If I manage a player for five years I know everything I need to know about him. The game helps you to learn about your players, they aren't just "pass-n-shoot-numbers" to me... It's easy to get to know your players, to make them "come alive", and after 5 years if you don't "know" them then you are doing something wrong, it's not a flaw in the game...

When I'm scouting a transfer target - say a CB - and my scout says "...would be the third best CB in the team were he to join" then I want to know names, specifically. "He is not as good as A and B, but better than X and Y" sort of thing.

Also, when you are looking to loan a player out I would like to see a more comprehensive breakdown of their facilities and coaching team. I know you can get a sense through the Staff/Information screen, but I would like to see a more detailed, simplified breakdown. Something along the lines of "This club would help develop X' fitness and his technique, but would not help with his...whatever."

Something like that.

So you don't know who your two best centre-backs are? (Or whatever position) I know who is first choice in every position on my team, and who is second (i.e. who would get the shirt first to cover for an injured/suspended/OOF player). Again, if you don't know your team, that's because you are doing something wrong! The game provides all the information you want already... having it spoonfed is just lazy and would spoil the game for many people - it's just not what FM is about!

Very simple one but on the stats page I'd like it to show how players get their goals. So for instance, my main striker could score 15 goals and this could be shown with 5 headers, 5 left foot, 5 right foot.

Simply 'cause if I can see he's getting a much larger portion of his goals with his head but I'm playing a less wing oriented formation I could fix it so we're getting more crosses into the box to increase his chances of scoring. Ditto if he's getting no headed goals from a wide formation, I could narrow it up to get him in one on one more often.

If I manage a player for five years I know everything I need to know about him. The game helps you to learn about your players, they aren't just "pass-n-shoot-numbers" to me... It's easy to get to know your players, to make them "come alive", and after 5 years if you don't "know" them then you are doing something wrong, it's not a flaw in the game...

So you don't know who your two best centre-backs are? (Or whatever position) I know who is first choice in every position on my team, and who is second (i.e. who would get the shirt first to cover for an injured/suspended/OOF player). Again, if you don't know your team, that's because you are doing something wrong! The game provides all the information you want already... having it spoonfed is just lazy and would spoil the game for many people - it's just not what FM is about!

I'm sorry, am I not allowed to have preferences as to my own style of play that might be different from yours? I thought this was an open forum to express ideas.

Archived