Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

A lot of good suggestion in this thread and also a few i don't fancy, but everyone has their own perception of football and what matters to them.

A few things i would like to change (That i have not seen mentioned in the 20 or so pages i have checked):

1. Have different throw-in takers for thrown in offensive and defensive positions.

Let's say i have a striker that has a great long throw. Then i need to set him as a throw in taker. But i would only like him to take the long throws near the penalty area. When the throws are in my own half, i would probably rather like to have my fullbacks taking the throws so the striker can be in a position to recieve the ball instead.

2. Divide freekicks into three areas rather than two and also have the possibility to assign several players to take the freekicks.

I would like to have the freekicks divided into right, left and center and also have the possibility to assign several players (i.e. a right footed and a left footed) to take some of the freekicks. In real life it is quite common that from the wide areas you have on players taking the freekicks, whipping the balls in, but if the freekicks are in more central position you usually have more players around the ball in order to make it harder for the goalie. Then the players should themselves make the descision which of them takes the freekick.

/Eppu

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This post isn't just about my wish, but also a question.

I was managing Salthill from Ireland, got them to play in Europe. Although they have capacity of about 3k but only 600 seats. So instead having a full capacity in European matches, we had smaller attendance than in Irish league. When I try to expand capacity(we have about 80% average) they reject because there is no need for expansion.

To get to the point, it would be good, if we could ask board to increase number of seats on stadium,not for league games but for European games.

Improved Sponsorships.

If your club doesn't have additional sponsorships apart from a stadium deal and a kit deal, they won't ever get them.

It gives teams like City, United, Chelsea, Liverpool etc massive advantages over the other clubs.

The main thing I would like to see is generally more precise match view. A lot of the time balls will look over the line etc, certain things apparently aren't where they appear to be. You also can't see how some fouls actually occur and often goalkeepers seem to catch the ball magically when still a whole body length away.

Secondly it would be nice if you could at least offer terms to players that say they aren't interested to try and persuade them, even if they aren't interested in real life you could make crazy wage offers etc. to try change their mind.

I think the game is still lacking a trophy cabinet, either for the club of the manager.

More individual training focuses are needed, there are still some attributes you can't train, I know there are some that aren't trainable in real life, but things such as weak foot use would be a nice option to train.

More tactical control i.e. on and off the ball instructions, and better set piece instructions i.e. the options for corners would be nice to be available on free kicks so you can get someone on the edge of the box watching for the long shot from a short free kick. Also a specific dynamic kind of set piece developement thing would be very good, so you can create clever original set plays including more detailed specific movement for every player involved.

It would be good if somehow the players manager attributes could mirror those of AI managers so you can actually compare yourself to other managers and coaches to see who you best need to hire to assist etc. Also the players manager should be able to get involved with training/coaching like the assistant manager can.

Manager touchline bans etc would be an interesting addition.

Touchline shouts and often substitutions take forever to go into action, even after numerous stops in play.

I keep thinking of things i'd like to see but I cannot remember any others for now.

I think it's mad that it greys out interaction options just because you've used them recently, maybe not so much in board interaction because in real life they may tell you they will not listen to such requests, but for players this should not happen, they are paid to play how they are told, in the case of preferred moves you should be able to try a number of them if they don't want to adapt to it until you find one you agree on, and after one has been learnt you should be able to get straight on with another if you want to.

I also want to be able to tell players not to dive trying to get free-kicks or penalties because it does it in some of the most stupid situations.

Oh, and I want my assistant to do as he's told, when I choose to holiday an unimportant match, i'll set my team out and tell him to those tactics and that squad, even when there are no injuries or fitness issues the match report talks about players that were not even on the bench!

Here my two cents about the two main aspects of the game i would like to see renewed, all in the name of realism (and, I admit, maybe less funny than the actual way thewy are).

I will do examples token from my actual saved game, in which i'm winning everything with Udinese in the Italian Serie A.

1 - Transfer market (and management interaction related)

The problem here is that maybe i'm Italian and i don't really know how it works in England and other countries. What i know is that here is rare to see a manager choosing the players to buy himself. And the second problem is that, when you win everything like i'm doing, you'll have plenty of cash to spend happily and without consequences. So i'm able to buy ten youngsters a year spending 30 millions euros without consequences. I think that the chairman should ask you WHY you are spending so much money for guys not playing a single match in the season. So here is how I think it should be:

let's say i'm in the second season, i just won the league and the team finances are healthy. Which is now the pre-season conversation with the boss about targets and budget should be totally revamped,like this:

Chairman: "Great season last year. Congrats for the league title. This year we would like to reach at least the Champions league spot without playing the qualifications. First of all, tell me who from the players we have on the team you still count on and who you don't count on."

Manager: "Well. I think that Handanovic, Benatia, Zapata, Armero, Asamoah, Isla, Inler, Sanchez and Di Natale are our fundamental players. You can sell other players like Domizzi, Cuadrado, Denis and Pinzi if you get a good offer for them. The other first team players are all useless for me."

C: "all right, and how many players do you need to achieve the target?"

M: "I need a starter in right defender position, one left winger and a striker. Plus other players that will come out of the bench."

C: "Ok, let's see what we can do about it with our budget which will be about 30 milion euros. All the money we get from sellings will be added."

How to do this? Simply setting the player status to fundamental, starter, turnover and so on at the beginning of the season. Status which should not be change during the season. So the AI will recognize the players you aren't willing to sell and the players you want to sell. So, after few days, you get a call from the the chairman.

C:"Hello. Here are some options we have. For the right defender we could buy Santon from FC Inter for about 12 millions, or De Silvestri from Fiorentina for 6.5 millions. Options for the midfielder are Jean II Makoun for 14 millions, Gago for 8 or Cossu from Cagliari for 11. The strikers are Floccari from Lazio at 11, Huntelaar from Schalke at 15, Maxi Lopez from Catania at 13 and Caracciolo from Brescia at 6. Are you interested in anyone of them?"

M:"Santon and Cossu are good, but I don't want any of the strikers. Please keep searching."

How to do this? Simply as the affiliated team research works. At the beginning you can only indicate the role, when you reach top class you can select the attributes filter like when you reasearch player. The higher your reputation, the higher the number of attributes you can select.

The question is: why to do that? Well, i think it's a nice and realistic way to avoid the easy building of dream teams. Practically I don't want to be able to choose the players myself to buy. But obviously i'm allowed to ask maybe more players that i actually need to the board. Let's say i'm asking for two starter at striker and my chairman buys me vucinic for 16millions and caracciolo for 6millions. Then I don't use Caracciolo, letting him play only two official matches. In this case, at the end of the year my good relation with the board will decrease a little even if I manage to achieve the target because of the waste of money. So my financial attribute will decrease and my chances to select the players i want will decrease too.

So, in few words: Board will buy and sell players for you considering your indications. More reputation you have, more accurate your indications will be.

2 - Tactics (and training settings related)

I like the fact that you can select three different tactics to teach you players, and I think that is really cool that you have to make steps to reach the total "perfection" in using them. But it's the only thing I like about tactics as they are now. The main problem (and it's the bigger problem in the game IMHO) is that you cannot teach your players playing when the other team has the ball. Simple as it is, let's turn back to the old FM when you were able to put your kids on the field, depending on the position of the ball, also when you don't have possession. The fact is that i would like to have the chance to create, for examples, cages for the key player(s) i have to face. And I'm not talking about men marking or something like that. I'm talking about a deeper way to conceive your way of play the game. And i would like to extend my thoughts to the scouting report on the opponents. It's worthless as it's now, and the proof is that i don't even read it and manage to win almost of games anyway. That's because my tactic is too strong and so are my players. And also because the whole tactic system is too simplified, also for the other teams. How to make things better, and how to give a sense to the scouting reports and to the team training? Here it is. First of all, the orders you give to your players should be lot more. If I want Inler to be my playmaker, selecting him for the role isn't enough. I should be able to order to my players (expecially my defs) to pass him the ball, no matter what. And to do that, back again to the old system: i want to put my players on the field depending on where the ball is. If it's in my own box, i would like to place Inler just outside of it in the middle, and then it should be done manually placing him always at the center of the action. I know you can do this using the preset settings, but really that's not enough. There should be 24 areas of the field (they were 12 if memories are correct in an older version of FM), and I want to place all of my players the way i want in that areas, with AND without the ball. I know that this way create a tactic will take a lot of time but hey, it's the main duty you have in the game! And the, in this way you will finally be able to play barcellona style, or at least you can try to recreate it. Or, to do another example, let's say i'm managing a low table team and i have a tall and strong man on striker. My aim is too pass long balls to his head, but why - let's say when your keeper has the ball - i have to make him fight with defenders maybe taller and stronger than him? I want to order him to came back midfield when my keeper has the ball, maybe placing himself on the flanks to exploit fullbacks lack of heading and elevation. And i want to place the other players around him to try and take advantage of the situation. And so, how the scouting report will make finally sense? Because, at the first day after the match, you will get the report on the next team you will face which will say all of these things. Practically speaking, depending on the abilities of my scout, i will see exactly the tactic of my opponents, all the 24 areas of the field, with the ball and off the ball. So i can decide how and if to change my tactic a little considering how the other team (maybe) will play.

Let's make an example. I'm at Barcelona and let's say that i don't really care how other teams are going to play, i will play my own way without making any adjustment. But then i have to face Real Madrid at their own home. Well, maybe something different should be made. So i get the report from my scout and i notice that Ronaldo plays at AMR, but when the ball is on the left flank in Madrid own midfield he cuts to center of the field, maybe to receive ball and try a solitary run or to make triangle with Marcelo who's at DL and Di Maria who's at AML. In this case i should decide to keep Xavi a little behind to guard the area with Busquets instead of letting him go for a wild pressing. Or i can choose to order Abidal to follow him and maybe ask Puyol to cover the left flank, leaving Pique alone in the center.

And the Monday before the game, I should be able to choose the tactical training for the upcoming match, asking my players to focus on certain ways of the game, depending on the roles, like maybe ask busquets, keita and mascherano "double the player with the ball on the flank" or "anticipate their midfielders", or ask to villa, bojan, messi and pedro "their fullbacks" or "press their DC" and so on. And, when it's friday, my ass man will come to me saying "busquets has trained well in anticipate the midfielder" and "keita has trained poorly" and "mascherano has trained normally". And then it will be your decision who to select for the starting eleven, maybe keita is in a better physical shape than busquets and mascherano, but you know he may have problem on doing what you asked. And so on, for every season match. I think it's silly not training your team considering the opponents you will face.

Oh yes, and obviously there many other things that should be improved or added to the game, but these two is what I care the most of.

Sorry for this long and boring post, I hope it's readable considering English is not my mother tongue. For any questions, here I am.

cheers

ok

my wish list are :

- cross: like to see an option to force my players to cross Low/ Mix/ High balls .. depending on my strikers if they are good on air or not. here is a link with FM users votes: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/264053-Low-High-Mix-crossing-height-suggestion

- players preferred movement channels: both defensively and attacking, i wish if i can tell my players where to be as much as they can, like asking my wingers to move more into central position in the box trying to score goals like CR or nani or Mauloda or to go back defending with the full backs or my winger should defend in a more central area to stop teams who have no wingers and more central players, or asking my CM to help his full back and wingers and add sometiems 3 at one wing if we face someone like messi at right side ..etc. the current system is kind rigid tbh

- pre/post match interviews : less is more, more quality .. less quantity ( to raise player/team moral or confidence or play mind games, sure not asking me about my opinion on new players, or how my team MOM did preformed !! ..etc ) FM should not copy all what happen in those interviews IRL !! we don't have the time for that

- players interaction: to tell them we are behind them if their form is not well or to tell them they will not play next game to preserve his energy ..etc.

- player knowledge (scouting): I like that in CM and FIFAM, and feel is more realistic, as no scout will be able to tell 100% if player who is known as good finisher will have 16 or 19 in finishing, i think managers start to know that day after day as player keep training and playing matches, and this is when player knowledge reach its highest level. so hiding some skills is not enough tbh, as even the main skills which are shown shouldn't be 100% correct

Oh, and I want my assistant to do as he's told, when I choose to holiday an unimportant match, i'll set my team out and tell him to those tactics and that squad, even when there are no injuries or fitness issues the match report talks about players that were not even on the bench!

YES! I holidayed a match in the premier league (or FA Cup, I can't remember).. we won.. I got a message saying one of my 16 year old youth team players was now the youngest ever player for the club. He sucks! Why is the assistant picking him? I looked, and about half my team was replaced by reserve/youth team players. I have no idea how we still managed to win.

It would be nice to be able to search for staff in the same way you can players by using the 'Create player search filter' , so i can click on an assistant manager (example) from another club then in 'Scouting' you can do a 'Create staff search filter'

Would be a lot more user friendly when searching for that right back room member.

I would also like the manager likes/dislikes toned down a bit, i've noticed how you can take control of a team and after 3 games you can have 5 managers disliking you, a bit extreme considering i've only managed 3 official games.

This post isn't just about my wish, but also a question.

I was managing Salthill from Ireland, got them to play in Europe. Although they have capacity of about 3k but only 600 seats. So instead having a full capacity in European matches, we had smaller attendance than in Irish league. When I try to expand capacity(we have about 80% average) they reject because there is no need for expansion.

To get to the point, it would be good, if we could ask board to increase number of seats on stadium,not for league games but for European games.

Keep asking for an expansion and they'll install the seats, at least that's what happened to me.

hey all...

for next year i of fotball manager i wish....to have an option to hide the players atributtes...or change complitly the atributes sistem.

Just like in real life.Exemple:Striker:i dont want to see his speed in numbers (16) i want to see how fast can he run on 100 meters(11,23 seconds)real facts,if his tall automaticly his a beter header,REAL FACTS...that should be your next big step.....sorry for my english i hope you all understand what im tryng to tell you

I would like to see the option to limit search results for players that play in certain position to only those that have that position listed as natural.

Hello, everybody.

Some of these suggestions are already written in this thread, some are not but I have no time to read more than 60 pages, so excuse me if I suggest something that is already written:

Player attributes

I want to see more realistic attributes system. As it was said before, pace can be showed as time of 100m run, i.e. 20 would be 10.00 s. Acceleration can be defined as a result of 30 m run. For example acceleration 20 is something around 3.00 s. Some attributes are excess. Such attributes as finishing, long shots, free kicks, penalty tacking can be replaced with shot accuracy, ability to curl the ball, shot power. It will be more logical, because I can’t understand, why sometimes player with good finishing is not good in penalty taking. He forgets how to kick a ball when he takes penalty? When taking a penalty there is only one technical attribute important – shot accuracy, everything else – mental attributes. And needless to say that shot power should be defined as ball speed after the shot, for example Roberto Carlos had 198 km/h shot in his best years. The same situation we have with corners and crossing attributes. If player is good in crossing – he can make a good cross from a corner. So, we can say that Corners attribute is excess.

Attributes display type

I always set graphical attributes display type, because I think that it is more realistic. In real life it is very hard to define – whether a player has 20 heading or 18. It is easier to say that his heading is excellent, so I think it would be enough to make a five-point attribute display typepoor (1-4), bad (5-8), average (9-12), good (13-16) and excellent (17-20) or may be even five-star system. Graphical attributes system is something similar, but it has only four points – bad (1-5), average (6-10), good (11-15) and excellent (16-20), which is just a bit not enough. So I’d like SI to make such system or just make attributes display more flexible for customization.

Human manager coaching skills

May be it will be some rpg-element but I’d like to have coaching skills as AI managers do. In the beginning of the game human manager has 100 CA so I would prefer to distribute my CA to skills as I want. It is similar to a new hero creation process in RPG. Then, during the game, CA increases depending on your achievements, and you can increase your skills. Now, why do we need these skills? Firstly, I’d like to take part in my team training as coaches and assistants do. It would be especially usefull for low-league teams, which can’t afford a lot of coaches. Secondly, such attributes as Motivating and Man management are very important. It would be easier to motivate your players if you have high motivating skill, it would define how good do your players react to your pre-match and match talks. If your motivating is low, they will pay no attention to your words. High Discipline and Man management skills can help you to keep squad discipline. Players will react more positively to your warnings and fines, they also will play more disciplined and more disciplined follow your tactical instructions. (In FM 2010 they followed them better then in FM 2011. It was less realistic because players are not robots but we must have an ability to do something with this). And, finally, your skills would be important for match preparation.

Training and match preparation

Match preparation was one of the best innovations in FM 2011 for me. But it needs further improvement such as training system does. I’d like training system completely redone. I’d like to define myself my players’ routine for usual days, match days and pre-season days. Current training schedules should be replaced with certain training exercises: training match, shooting practice, pass practice, sprint session, physical training and others.

Except these exercises I’d also like to set up match preparation exercises – viewing with your players some of your next opposition games or viewing just key moments, telling your players about opposition key players and their strengths, may be even watching some videos about key players. The more key players you choose to talk about, the more time it takes in routine but the better your players will be prepared. Of course if you want completely study your next opposition and its players you won’t have enough time. So, I’d like to choose which of my future opposition I want to prepare for. For example, if I have a match against Barcelona in three weeks I’d prefer to start my preparations right now – two hours a day I would study my next opposition and one hour – study Barcelona. It would be also great to assign different preparation exercises to different players of my team – telling my strikers about Messi and how good he is with a ball is just wasting time, instead I’d like my defenders and DMCs pay attention to this threat.

It would be also important to choose what match of opposition team to show your players. We know that most of the teams have different tactics and sometimes the best chance to win the game is to surprise your opponent with something they don’t expect. So, if you are not sure what tactic your opposition is going to play against your team, it is better to watch more their games to see what surprises they can present. Of course it will take more time in your training and preparation schedules but it increases your chances of winning the game. In fact what I’m talking is something like current match preparation screen where we have three different tactics but I’d like to see also a screen where I will see possible tactics of my next opposition and how good is my team prepared to play against each of them. The same applies not only to opposition tactics but to opposition players – the more my players know about them, the better they can play against them.

And one very important part of match preparation is mental preparation and motivating your players. It’s pity that now the only ways we can affect it are press conferences and team talks. But such preparations do not start only on match days. They start couple of days before – in fact, every day of match preparation I’d like to be able to motivate somehow my players to the next game. May be something like team talks but every day on training sessions. Of course it would be important not to give contradictory team talks every day.

One of possible ways to do what I’m talking about is something like pre-match screen with OI and team-talks but every day in match preparation schedule. And progress indicator like current match preparation screen to see how good are my players prepared to follow my OI against opposition players and how good their motivation is. It is pretty logical – you can’t just say your players for example to mark somebody tightly or close down often just before the match, you have at first to prepare your players to it.

And it would be also important to see how good each your player is doing in training and match preparations, so I would like to see may be some ratings after training sessions or something like current Training effect screen but for match preparation either, with not only effect on players’ attributes but their morale. In real life training results and mental readiness are the main factors defining choosing the line-up.

Of course coaching attributes of the manager will affect overall results of match preparation. If you have high Defending attribute you can better tell your players how to deal with opposition strikers and midfielders, so they’ll get bigger boost in defensive attributes. If you have high Attacking attribute you can better tell your players how to deal with opposition defensive line and keeper, so they’ll get bigger boost in attacking attributes.

You can tell that it would be boring and take a lot of real time to prepare this way to each game. So there must be an option to tell your assistant to deal with it. You can do this preparation yourself only before important games. And of course good preparation and training is not a guarantee that you will win the game, it should only increase your chances. In FM 2011 you can re-play the same match a lot of times with the same tactic, OI and team talks and each time result will be completely different. Sure, in real life random factors affect a lot, but FM still is more randomized. I re-played the same match several times with identical tactic, OI, team talks and every time my players performance was different. First time I won and all players had 7-7.5 rating, second I lost and my defenders had 5-5.5 rating, third I lost but my team was playing good with 6.5-7 average rating. But even more, every time my players had different motivation despite team talks were the same every time! I know, we all like winning but sometimes we have to loose. But I hate losing just because my players’ mood and morale are randomized! There are random events during the match in real life, but not players’ morale or their performance. I want to know that if my team plays bad and players have low rating – it is only because I chose the wrong tactics or prepared them not good enough or motivated them badly, like in real life. But if I do everything write – it’s not a guarantee that I will win or get a draw, but at least my players will do their best. In that case even a loose will not be sad.

Press Conferences

As others I also want further improvement of press conferences to make them more various. More answer options, may be tree-like answer system. For example at first you choose a mood of your answer and every mood has different options.

And it would be good to choose one of your players to go with you to press-conference. In real life it is a regular practice.

OI

OI was a good idea and a great step forward in FM development. The only thing I’d like to improve – to tell my players what the main threat of an opposition player is. For example passing or dribbling, or heading, or tackling. And my players will pay much more attention to this action of the opposite player.

Team talks

Like press conferences I’d also like to see more options in team talks. May be tree-like system either. And one more thing I’d like to see – an option to tell my player to concentrate on certain actions. For example pre-match talk – “I have faith in your ability” and “Concentrate on your tackling” or “There is no pressure” and “Concentrate on your passing”. After first half – “Calm down” and “Your tackling was awful, concentrate on it”. Of course, as I suggested, overall effect should be defined by your Motivating skill.

Match engine development

More and more teams agree that Barcelona’s style is the most progressive nowadays and try to adopt it. Look at last CL match stats against Real – 741 passes. It is almost impossible in FM to play such way. I don’t mention that in-game Barcelona plays not even similar to the real one. And that’s what I’d like to see in FM 2012 – more short passes, beautiful combinations and team work.

Physics improvement

I don’t know is there such thing as physical engine in FM or is it just a part of a match engine, but it is the thing which disappoints me most of all. I don’t see any improvements in it last years. The ball bounces of players like they are wooden. It should be improved dramatically.

Set piece editor

I’d like to set-up several different options for set pieces. For example three different ways to take a corner or a free kick and my players will try all of them during the match. And one more important thing – I’d like to give instructions for my players themselves but not for their positions. Now when we edit our set pieces we give instructions to positions – to DC’s, MC’s, SC’s etc. And if I have a strong DC with good heading and jumping I tell him to flick on near post during the corner. But if I substitute him during the match for example with low but quick player I have to change instruction because it is attached to his position but not to himself.

Tactics screen

Somebody already wrote it – it is wonderful idea to make two tactics screen: one when your team has the ball and second when you don’t have the ball i.e. when you attack and when you defend. It would give much more flexibility in tactics creation. IRL managers give their instructions for players this way - when team attacks and when team defends.

Refresher courses for managers

One of the problems of FM is lack of the motivation to increase your own salary. When signing a contract with a club it is always better to sign a contract with lower salary to decrease overall team wage bill and spend more money on players. I don’t know such altruistic managers in real life. It’s not realistic. Since we can’t buy our own clubs and spend money I have a better idea. If human manager had coaching attributes he could spend his money on some sort of refresher courses for managers. It could increase his attributes faster than in natural way. And the higher is attribute the more expensive is the course to improve it. May be it is not realistic either but it adds some motivation to our contracts and helps us to improve.

Bench camera for 3d view

It would be for the most hardcore players but I’d like to watch the game like all managers do – from the bench. We’ve already seen a hacked Player Camera in FM 2011, so I think it won’t be very difficult to make bench camera or even allow the player to customize it as he wishes.

Sorry for such big post but I hope that guys from SI will read it and may be consider something.)

I usually build my team with one strong first 11 and a few good subs in key positions, the rest are younger players. As my young players usually fills a function in the first team on a regular basis I would like the option to make my players available for the youth team without removing them from my first team squad, especially in the countries where the reserves doesn't play games.

- On the team page, you can see players' League stats (Matches, goals etc.). I think it would be very useful if I could further separate them based on home and away games.

- On the Position page, a player's rating on a particular position can be shown.

I would also like to see his rating based on type of play (Poacher, Advanced Forward Support, Advanced Forward Attack etc.)

Thoughts?

- On the Position page, a player's rating on a particular position can be shown.

I would also like to see his rating based on type of play (Poacher, Advanced Forward Support, Advanced Forward Attack etc.)

Thoughts?

I once made a suggestion about something like this. IMO there would be massive benefits if the coaches/scouts/assistants would rate the players for the roles&duties. This would be nice for the human player, because you'd see in the report that "this guy is a ball-winning midfielder, just what I'm looking for!"

More importantly this would benefit the AI managers.

They would be able to make a decision that they actually need a ball winning midfielder and then just browse through all the ball winning midfielders and decide which one of those to buy. (Instead of looking for the biggest CA, they'd look for biggest CA within the ball winning midfielders.)

The managers could then have favorism towards certain roles. Guardiola would look for playmaker types, preferably tiny. ;) The AI managers would then get to have even more of a style of their own.

To be honest, if you can't tell that a player is a ball winning midfielder from his tackling and passing stats, perhaps this isn't the right game for you?

There are some merits to the idea in that you've got a million possible ways of playing some players, but if you've got your assistant telling you how a player is most effective (which they often do in the pre-season meetings with key positions anyway) and how to run team talks, and press conferences and how to run your tactics most effectively against a given opposition, the assistant may as well run the whole team.

But that's the thing Afroman, there are many positions which we cannot possibly consider. There are players who are incepted as rightbacks, but can play better as strikers. Now if we started micro-managing each player and how he plays best, it would be too difficult. What we are proposing is an addition to enhance a game, not make it difficult. If it makes it easy in the process, that is a good thing.

Surely that is what new TC and Team Talks all about. No?

I'd like to see my boys lift a cup. I know it's always been about the game and not the looks for FM, but it'd be a nice touch. A little extended animation in 3d view on the pitch after the game, something simple.

Inbox filtering (on permanent basis, not temporarily like we now have). For example, I'd like to be able to hide news items about scout reports. Before the start of new season I usually send my scouts to get reports on several hundred players. It would be perfect just to check their reports when they are finished, without showing each report in the Inbox.

To be honest, if you can't tell that a player is a ball winning midfielder from his tackling and passing stats, perhaps this isn't the right game for you?

There are some merits to the idea in that you've got a million possible ways of playing some players, but if you've got your assistant telling you how a player is most effective (which they often do in the pre-season meetings with key positions anyway) and how to run team talks, and press conferences and how to run your tactics most effectively against a given opposition, the assistant may as well run the whole team.

As I said it would be most beneficial for the AI manager. And I benefit greatly from smarter AI. ;)

So what you're saying is that that right now we have constant advice and information coming in from staff and other areas of the game, from differently qualified/able/reputable sources, leaving us to make the final decision on whether it's useful or not.

How is this a problem? It's realistic. Managers aren't the be all and end all of a club. The game already extends far more options available to us that managers don't even touch upon when running a club in real life. If you want it to be just you then perhaps SI develop Football Dictatorship one day.

We're only 5 months away from Sports Interactive announcing what's in store for the next edition of Football Manager. FM2011 was the most successful Football Manager simulation of all time and has been topping the PC Gaming charts throughout 2010 and 11. However, the game can always be improved and many feel it's time to do another"FM2010" and have another year of developing the features the game already has and making them better. Here is my opinion of what needs to be changed in FM2012 and what new features we should be seeing.

Tactics

At the moment the tactical area of Football Manager is extremely realistic and usable. It's one of the better areas of the game. However, if SI want to try and make the game more and more popular they need to develop a system which is extremely in-depth and complicated for anyone who typically just goes down to the local pub to watch a game of football. Without changing what is an already realistic system, I'd advise SI to add in some nice preset tactics which can easily be tweaked in a fast fashion. This will keep the newbies and those who like to play the game at speed happy.

On the other hand, a feature in the tactical system which I find to be truly horrific is the set piece creator. When it was announced there was going to be a set piece creator in FM11 I was extremely happy, the game was really crying out for one. However nothing has changed and the system is basically a quick wizard which allows you to edit the same old system. With set plays becoming more and more important in football nowadays it's time we were given a proper set piece creator so we can easily create fluid corner, free kick and thrown in routines. I would like to see a 3d set piece creator where we can customize our routine then play it out on a 3d pitch to see how it works. There could then be an option to save multiple routines which could be practiced in the match preparation system then ultimately in a match.

Transfer Market

At the moment the actual transfer system and negotiation system is extremely realistic. The only idea I could really pinpoint which should be included in this part of the transfer system should be the option to state your clubs aims when negotiating a contract with a player. This can be an incentive for the player to join your club if he sees your aims and will make the game a lot more interesting in the long term if you can't live up to your promises. Although the transfer system at this moment may be extremely realistic for you as the manager it certainly isn't for the AI clubs. AI transfers are predictable and boring. I'd like to see AI clubs invest in more young players, smaller clubs try and bid for high quality players, your rivals in the league to hijack a transfer deal at your club to weaken you.

I also believe that in Football Manager the media definitely don't have enough role in transfers and are too dull. The summer should be exciting, buying new players and seeing who other clubs have bought. Well it isn't. In press conferences the media don't press you enough on your transfer policy and targets. There should be more questions about who you're going to buy, sell, and other questions relating to transfers at other clubs too. Big transfers should be reported on in the media with more of a tabloid stance, not just a boring 2 paragraph news item with basic information. It's time the transfer system was more intense, lively and all in all interesting.

Training and Match Preparation

This year we've seen some decent advancements in the training area of the game with more graphs, statistics, usability and the ability to "train your players up" in certain areas of their game. However what hasn't been changed are the boring, unrealistic training schedules. What's wrong about training schedules is that you have no idea how your players are progressing with there current training regime and many of us just can't make good sense of the current slider system. That's why I feel there needs to be kind of a training wizard, similar to the tactics one. People needed to be guided through training regimes and be given more flexibility and options. Also whilst this is done there needs to be more advanced training reports so we can clearly see as the manager who is performing in training and who isn't.

Match Preparation is another great new feature which was implemented into FM11, however it's still lacking some depth and is crying out for a little bit of development. First of all some more training areas should be added to the specific area training and also some more statistics compiled by your scout on the upcoming opposition need to be put into the match preparation window. With these statistics manager's can more accurately tweak there training, and tactic (which should be able to be tweaked in the match preparation window) whilst taking the statistics your scout has presented and his report into consideration. This would see scout reports being used to greater effect as well as more managers tweaking to exploit the opposition like real life managers do.

Scouting

First of all the scouting system to be fair is realistic, however I've found it to be rather boring and just lacking that special something. However when putting scouting to the scrutiny there are some minor improvements that could be made. First of all the next opposition scout report needs to be a lot more detailed. Just telling the manager which formation the opposition plays with and what their pitch size is just isn't good enough. Everything needs to be in detail, stats need to be used and this can all link in with the match preparation system. Also, with player scouting I feel the ability to appoint a Head Scout should be put in the game. The Head Scout virtually controls the other scouts and gives them instructions of who to scout etc. Of course, you're still very much in control as you're telling your Head Scout what to do. It's basically the same system, just a little more in-depth and interesting.

Team Talks and Player Interaction

Let's get straight to the point, team talks are rubbish! How they haven't been changed yet is beyond me. There isn't enough options and some of the options don't even make any sense. It's time there were more team and player talks which are easy to understand and after effects are obvious. It really is as simple as that.

Player Interaction is a feature I like, however it needs to be expanded. More complaints, questions and answers need to be added to make sure your conversations don't get repetitive like team talks do. At the moment player interaction is too repetitive and also I find too easy. Player's need to be more aggressive and problems harder to solve. There also needs to be more problems created where interaction is needed. Manager's talk to player's about things everyday, at the moment you really only interact with a player once in a while.

News

I've already mentioned how the media need to have a larger role in the game so I won't be delving back into that section as such. What I will be doing however is explaining why more news items are needed to keep the game interesting. When big name manager's are sacked I'd like to see a big story about it, the same when an underdog beats a giant etc. Also at the end of the season and at different points during the season I'd like to see some nice editorial articles such as where certain players are now, evaluation of which transfers have been the best, dream teams and etc. News is boring and needs to become more lively and interactive.

Boardroom and Backroom Staff Meetings

Above you can see the names of two great features of the game which again could be a lot better. In my opinion there should be monthly board meetings. Lets get rid of the standard news item you get from the board with percentages of how much you're meeting their aims. Lets get talking to the board in an interaction system about how the month went and etc. These meetings don't have to be really long if everything is going well, but if things aren't these meetings could keep you in the job or on the other end of the scale make you less likely to keep your job.

Backroom staff meetings also need to be improved. Normal backroom advice meetings are actually extremely profitable, however the ones before matches are not. There needs to be more information offered which can link to the match preparation system. I don't care whether the opposition are more aggressive, better passers than my team etc. Give me some solutions, some statistics which I can use! Also lets see last matches match analysis being used with my backroom staff showing me what went right, and what went wrong and could be improved. This would be a great way of getting the match analysis tools used a lot more widely throughout the game.

Interface

The current interface isn't all that bad, however it really could be improved into something more sexy, graphical and compact. Just a basic skin like this looks a lot better than the current interface and is also a lot more usable. We're not asking for a FIFA esque design interface, just something a little less like a spreadsheet. It doesn't have to be flashy, just simple, compact and sexy.

Match Experience

First of all it must be said that this years match engine is pretty much spot on, it couldn't have really been that much better. However, for FM12 I'd like to see the graphics improved a little, not overly so as other parts of the game need more attention. Maybe a couple of new camera angles could be thrown into the mix to. One thing that definitely needs addressing is the sound. It's boring and unrealistic. Where are the booming chants which make a football game so exciting? They're nowhere, this makes the whole match experience more dull and less exhilarating than it potentially could be. Chants for different teams are not needed, just basic chants. I live to see my fans chanting "who are you" at the opposition fans when my team of pixelated players score.

The other minor things

- More in game trophies and the manager trophy room created in the game in your manager profile screen.

- A more customizable manager where you can give him a regen face, more details etc.

- Youth players need to become more random in there development which means more wonderkid flops and more average players developing into mini stars

- Bring back Farrows, Barrows and Sarrows

- Co attending press conferences with players, staff, board etc.

- Bigger emphasis on merchandise and sponsorships although manager doesn't have much control over this area

- Individual Player Touchline Shouts

- Facebook integration

- Freelance scouts

- Dynamic rivalries

- An agent for yourself as the manager

We're only 5 months away from Sports Interactive announcing what's in store for the next edition of Football Manager. FM2011 was the most successful Football Manager simulation of all time and has been topping the PC Gaming charts throughout 2010 and 11. However, the game can always be improved and many feel it's time to do another"FM2010" and have another year of developing the features the game already has and making them better. Here is my opinion of what needs to be changed in FM2012 and what new features we should be seeing.

Tactics

At the moment the tactical area of Football Manager is extremely realistic and usable. It's one of the better areas of the game. However, if SI want to try and make the game more and more popular they need to develop a system which is extremely in-depth and complicated for anyone who typically just goes down to the local pub to watch a game of football. Without changing what is an already realistic system, I'd advise SI to add in some nice preset tactics which can easily be tweaked in a fast fashion. This will keep the newbies and those who like to play the game at speed happy.

On the other hand, a feature in the tactical system which I find to be truly horrific is the set piece creator. When it was announced there was going to be a set piece creator in FM11 I was extremely happy, the game was really crying out for one. However nothing has changed and the system is basically a quick wizard which allows you to edit the same old system. With set plays becoming more and more important in football nowadays it's time we were given a proper set piece creator so we can easily create fluid corner, free kick and thrown in routines. I would like to see a 3d set piece creator where we can customize our routine then play it out on a 3d pitch to see how it works. There could then be an option to save multiple routines which could be practiced in the match preparation system then ultimately in a match.

Transfer Market

At the moment the actual transfer system and negotiation system is extremely realistic. The only idea I could really pinpoint which should be included in this part of the transfer system should be the option to state your clubs aims when negotiating a contract with a player. This can be an incentive for the player to join your club if he sees your aims and will make the game a lot more interesting in the long term if you can't live up to your promises. Although the transfer system at this moment may be extremely realistic for you as the manager it certainly isn't for the AI clubs. AI transfers are predictable and boring. I'd like to see AI clubs invest in more young players, smaller clubs try and bid for high quality players, your rivals in the league to hijack a transfer deal at your club to weaken you.

I also believe that in Football Manager the media definitely don't have enough role in transfers and are too dull. The summer should be exciting, buying new players and seeing who other clubs have bought. Well it isn't. In press conferences the media don't press you enough on your transfer policy and targets. There should be more questions about who you're going to buy, sell, and other questions relating to transfers at other clubs too. Big transfers should be reported on in the media with more of a tabloid stance, not just a boring 2 paragraph news item with basic information. It's time the transfer system was more intense, lively and all in all interesting.

Training and Match Preparation

This year we've seen some decent advancements in the training area of the game with more graphs, statistics, usability and the ability to "train your players up" in certain areas of their game. However what hasn't been changed are the boring, unrealistic training schedules. What's wrong about training schedules is that you have no idea how your players are progressing with there current training regime and many of us just can't make good sense of the current slider system. That's why I feel there needs to be kind of a training wizard, similar to the tactics one. People needed to be guided through training regimes and be given more flexibility and options. Also whilst this is done there needs to be more advanced training reports so we can clearly see as the manager who is performing in training and who isn't.

Match Preparation is another great new feature which was implemented into FM11, however it's still lacking some depth and is crying out for a little bit of development. First of all some more training areas should be added to the specific area training and also some more statistics compiled by your scout on the upcoming opposition need to be put into the match preparation window. With these statistics manager's can more accurately tweak there training, and tactic (which should be able to be tweaked in the match preparation window) whilst taking the statistics your scout has presented and his report into consideration. This would see scout reports being used to greater effect as well as more managers tweaking to exploit the opposition like real life managers do.

Scouting

First of all the scouting system to be fair is realistic, however I've found it to be rather boring and just lacking that special something. However when putting scouting to the scrutiny there are some minor improvements that could be made. First of all the next opposition scout report needs to be a lot more detailed. Just telling the manager which formation the opposition plays with and what their pitch size is just isn't good enough. Everything needs to be in detail, stats need to be used and this can all link in with the match preparation system. Also, with player scouting I feel the ability to appoint a Head Scout should be put in the game. The Head Scout virtually controls the other scouts and gives them instructions of who to scout etc. Of course, you're still very much in control as you're telling your Head Scout what to do. It's basically the same system, just a little more in-depth and interesting.

Team Talks and Player Interaction

Let's get straight to the point, team talks are rubbish! How they haven't been changed yet is beyond me. There isn't enough options and some of the options don't even make any sense. It's time there were more team and player talks which are easy to understand and after effects are obvious. It really is as simple as that.

Player Interaction is a feature I like, however it needs to be expanded. More complaints, questions and answers need to be added to make sure your conversations don't get repetitive like team talks do. At the moment player interaction is too repetitive and also I find too easy. Player's need to be more aggressive and problems harder to solve. There also needs to be more problems created where interaction is needed. Manager's talk to player's about things everyday, at the moment you really only interact with a player once in a while.

News

I've already mentioned how the media need to have a larger role in the game so I won't be delving back into that section as such. What I will be doing however is explaining why more news items are needed to keep the game interesting. When big name manager's are sacked I'd like to see a big story about it, the same when an underdog beats a giant etc. Also at the end of the season and at different points during the season I'd like to see some nice editorial articles such as where certain players are now, evaluation of which transfers have been the best, dream teams and etc. News is boring and needs to become more lively and interactive.

Boardroom and Backroom Staff Meetings

Above you can see the names of two great features of the game which again could be a lot better. In my opinion there should be monthly board meetings. Lets get rid of the standard news item you get from the board with percentages of how much you're meeting their aims. Lets get talking to the board in an interaction system about how the month went and etc. These meetings don't have to be really long if everything is going well, but if things aren't these meetings could keep you in the job or on the other end of the scale make you less likely to keep your job.

Backroom staff meetings also need to be improved. Normal backroom advice meetings are actually extremely profitable, however the ones before matches are not. There needs to be more information offered which can link to the match preparation system. I don't care whether the opposition are more aggressive, better passers than my team etc. Give me some solutions, some statistics which I can use! Also lets see last matches match analysis being used with my backroom staff showing me what went right, and what went wrong and could be improved. This would be a great way of getting the match analysis tools used a lot more widely throughout the game.

Interface

The current interface isn't all that bad, however it really could be improved into something more sexy, graphical and compact. Just a basic skin like this looks a lot better than the current interface and is also a lot more usable. We're not asking for a FIFA esque design interface, just something a little less like a spreadsheet. It doesn't have to be flashy, just simple, compact and sexy.

Match Experience

First of all it must be said that this years match engine is pretty much spot on, it couldn't have really been that much better. However, for FM12 I'd like to see the graphics improved a little, not overly so as other parts of the game need more attention. Maybe a couple of new camera angles could be thrown into the mix to. One thing that definitely needs addressing is the sound. It's boring and unrealistic. Where are the booming chants which make a football game so exciting? They're nowhere, this makes the whole match experience more dull and less exhilarating than it potentially could be. Chants for different teams are not needed, just basic chants. I live to see my fans chanting "who are you" at the opposition fans when my team of pixelated players score.

The other minor things

- More in game trophies and the manager trophy room created in the game in your manager profile screen.

- A more customizable manager where you can give him a regen face, more details etc.

- Youth players need to become more random in there development which means more wonderkid flops and more average players developing into mini stars

- Bring back Farrows, Barrows and Sarrows

- Co attending press conferences with players, staff, board etc.

- Bigger emphasis on merchandise and sponsorships although manager doesn't have much control over this area

- Individual Player Touchline Shouts

- Facebook integration

- Freelance scouts

- Dynamic rivalries

- An agent for yourself as the manager

lots of good ideas, some I don't like/agree with but overall a good post :thup:

Some of them are probably a bit far away too (perhaps FM13)

I very much like the idea of having more tabloid articles and mid season reviews added to the game. The media need to help managers feel part of the FM world they are part of and providing more details about big name signings, transfer flops, managerial casualties helps us managers become more immersed within the game world.

Well, actually, when I was talking about players' attributes, I meant this:

15816ab9fe74t.jpg

As you see, all attributes displayed as 5-star system and they are grouped by Attacking, Deffending, Creativity etc. categories.

Well, actually, when I was talking about players' attributes, I meant this:

15816ab9fe74t.jpg

As you see, all attributes displayed as 5-star system and they are grouped by Attacking, Deffending, Creativity etc. categories.

you already have a graphical display if you so wish, why does it have to be stars? I like the numbers :thup:

you already have a graphical display if you so wish, why does it have to be stars? I like the numbers :thup:

I already said. Graphical display has only four colour gradations. It's not enough, five would be excellent.

What about insert a sort of Hardcore mode ? I understand you want to make the game to be enjoyable to everyone so why dont add a more realistic and hard game mode ? In that way many things that make the game too easy can be removed like:

-The search player/staff page: Most of the people just go in this page, place some filter and find any player they likes, way too simplistic, this has to be completely removed. Also how can we know the attributes of staff around the world ? Everyone just fire his staff to buy people full of 20.

-Scouting: Too easy, just let a scout watch a player and after a day you will know everything about him almost without error margin. To be more realistic and interesting the scout should watch the player on almost 3 games and after that not knowing everything about him.

-Hidden Attribute: Why real team prefer to buy players playing in their same championship and are very careful buying outside that ? One of the reason is adaptability, whic is a very very important attribute in the real life, but in the game ? Is almost cosmetic, even player whit extreme values are not penalized by this much, just a little ca decrease and after some time they will be happy again. Make the performance drop more heavy and consistent a make more difficult for the players adapt well to a new championship.

-Money: To easy to make money, way to easy. This is maybe the less realistic aspect of the game.

-Parameter zero: Historical problem of the series, is always very easy to find very good players without contract, Why the cpu leave players worth a lot of money buyable at 0 ? Why when there is a P0 player in most of the case the other cpu team dont try to buy him ?

-Performance vs Ca: When the cpu try to buy a player looks like it doesnt looks at his performance but just at his Ca. That way you can buy player capable of 30 goal in the season at low price and see the cpu buy attacker with low key attributes at 40 milions. Also in the national team dont play the players with best performance/Ca but the players with the best ca, no matter if the play worst than other players.

I'd love some historical statistics for competitions, for example the 50 all time top scorers in the Premier League, CL, etc.

I'd also like it if upgrading the youth network was a bit easier, because I find it pretty much impossible to get any decent youth players despite having won 5 CL trophies in the past 7 years.

What about insert a sort of Hardcore mode ? I understand you want to make the game to be enjoyable to everyone so why dont add a more realistic and hard game mode ? In that way many things that make the game too easy can be removed like:

-The search player/staff page: Most of the people just go in this page, place some filter and find any player they likes, way too simplistic, this has to be completely removed. Also how can we know the attributes of staff around the world ? Everyone just fire his staff to buy people full of 20.

So how would you find the best staff? We do know roughly who the best coaches and scouts are, for example. It is the same argument for players really - we know a lot more than we think about these people.

I'd very much like a slightly better reputation system.

Instead of (or as well as) just National, Continental etc, it would be good if each manager had 1 or two specific traits based on their style as manager.

For example, you focus on youth players, you splash out a lot...

This could affect things about the game too - maybe a very young player would like to play for a manager who focusses on youth.

Besides further work on the match engine, my biggest wish is for more atmosphere and.. let's call it variety. I always tell myself I want a certain game to be that 20 season long game that just keeps getting more and more fun, but at this point (after playing this game for like 15 years), I usually get bored within 3-4 seasons. If you win trophies, it's allways the same, fans are pleased, and the board tells you to look forward. I want to see more dynamics around matches and competitions. It can be small things, like simply creating a variaty of cup win messages, to new features on build up before big cup matches or matches against rivals. Further more, we need more in terms on long term goals.

International call ups.

In my current long term save, I've played an Europa League Final, Croatian Cup final....and now the Italian Serie B promotion play-offs with my squad decimated by players going off to pointless U19/U20 internationals.

Makes a mockery of the game. How hard can it be to sort??

Dynamic Rivalries

If Chelsea got relegated then they would no longer be a rival of Man Utd, so lets implement this in the game. Some teams will always be rivals like Everton and Liverpool because of location and Barcelona and Real Madrid because of History. In the game Man City are considered rivals for Everton because of the Lescott saga.... in 10 years that will all be forgotten about, lets have dynamic rivalries put in the game to fix this.

Off the top of my head :

***The big thing for me would be maybe just make the game a little "unrealistic" when it comes to some of your youth players stats so a player who may never get into your first team IRL could become the new sensation. The biggest issue with getting the game year after year is that it's always generally the same players for obvious and realism reasons and it can get a bit boring signing the same players over and over again. (I hate using regens!!) And there isn't a great deal of top class english talent even IRL these days so if you want a successfull predominately english squad for instance it can be difficult. It would be nice for teams outside the top Clubs to be able to bring youngsters through and the only way to do that is to use a bit of artistic licence when creating stats for generally unknown youngsters.

***Create a search for unhappy players at other Clubs. If there is one I haven't seen it!!

***Stop the ridiculous amount of time it takes the AI to take a free kick, throw in or goal kick in the dying minutes of a game. It doesn't take 45 seconds to take a throw in!! Or make the Referees caution for time wasting.

***Players should accept a Managers request to perform a PPM without throwing a hissy fit. Especially the youngsters. I am the Manager so if I ask a 17 year old to place his shots I don't expect to be told "It's not going to benefit my game!"

***A bit more realism in the transfer market. Ok Man City asking 60 million for Tevez is fine but Sunderland asking 30 Million for Lee Cattermole isn't!!

***Throw in a few ex pro's who maybe work in the media on the coaching search. As West Ham boss it would be nice to try and persuade an Alvin Martin or Tony Gale to leave their media work and come back to the Club.

***Injuries revamp. Especially the amount of injurise in match. I'm afraid to change a player for tactical reasons just in case someone gets injured!! In the Premier League injury screen in my game now there are 6 dislocated shoulders from all Clubs. That's a lot of dislocated shoulders!! Not one of them a keeper!!

I'd like to see better information on player profiles about youth caps / goals.

What I mean to say is, now a player who has played for the U21 or U20 side of their nation will have "X youth caps / Y youth goals" under their picture on their profile. Whereas if a player plays for the U19's it doesn't get mentioned there, and if you want to see his stats for the U19 side you have to fiddle about on the form page or view each under 19 game to see how many caps and goals he has.

Simply, I'd like to change the text under the player's picture on the profile page so that an under 19 player will have "X under 19 caps / Y under 19 goals", a under 21 player "X under 21 caps / Y under 21 goals" (of course for South American teams this will be U20) and a full international will just have "X caps / Y goals." Obviously once a player advances to the next stage of international football it will change, but i'd like the information about youth caps/goals to be stored somewhere, perhaps biography.

Firstly, a very simple request, could you make the sign boards/advertising behind the goals a colour other than white, because the goal nets are white and just blend right into the white advertising boards behind the goals, which obviously diminishes one of the joys of playing Football Manager with the 3D match engine - watching the nets bulge when one of your players smashes the ball in past the goalie!

Secondly, more emphasis on a variety of clubs to take players on loan, be it similar reputation clubs and lesser clubs. I have often had good young players available for loan in the hope they can go away to get some game time, yet no loan bids. A good example is romelu lakuka in the second season, having signed him for Arsenal, I had hoped to loan him out as he wasnt getting in the first team, yet no takers?! Indeed, perhaps he wouldn't want to go to a lower division, so having young players more open to gaining experience on loan could also be an improvement.

Thirdly, the ability to change your kit colours, in game, so you don’t just go season after season with the same away strip etc… It would freshen it up as you play through the seasons.

Obviously I assume you the 3D match engine animations will continue to improve, and this is something I look forward to.

I play a long-term save with Stafford Rangers. My friends does the same with Worcester FC. Now, five years into the save, it would be fun to see who has the strongest squad or the best tactical mind. Currently this is not possible, the only way to play against human opposition is to play a network game. But for me and my friend, this means we would play 42 league matches for every 2 matches we meet.

Introducing skirmish mode in FM. You load the team from your own save, a friend loads his team from his save, and you battle it out in a training match.

The way to do this is to have an option to export a team from the save you're playing. This would save all the players and staff attributes, and set stuff like match preparation, tactic familiarity, form and morale to default values. When you join a skirmish game you select this file, and the host/other players does the same. The host of the game picks how the match is played, much like the stuff you decide when you make arrange a preseason friendly. For more than two players, various tournament and league formats would be available.

And then you play. If a tournament or league was selected, matches will be set up with realistic intervals. This means your players will tire and you may need to utilize your full squad strength.

At the end you receive a news item with a summary of how it went, before the game ends.

So how would you find the best staff? We do know roughly who the best coaches and scouts are, for example.

Reputation, thats how it work in the real world, staff is hired considering their reputation.

I play a long-term save with Stafford Rangers. My friends does the same with Worcester FC. Now, five years into the save, it would be fun to see who has the strongest squad or the best tactical mind. Currently this is not possible, the only way to play against human opposition is to play a network game. But for me and my friend, this means we would play 42 league matches for every 2 matches we meet.

Introducing skirmish mode in FM. You load the team from your own save, a friend loads his team from his save, and you battle it out in a training match.

The way to do this is to have an option to export a team from the save you're playing. This would save all the players and staff attributes, and set stuff like match preparation, tactic familiarity, form and morale to default values. When you join a skirmish game you select this file, and the host/other players does the same. The host of the game picks how the match is played, much like the stuff you decide when you make arrange a preseason friendly. For more than two players, various tournament and league formats would be available.

And then you play. If a tournament or league was selected, matches will be set up with realistic intervals. This means your players will tire and you may need to utilize your full squad strength.

At the end you receive a news item with a summary of how it went, before the game ends.

Sounds very good. An important addition for people who want this game to be more human-oriented.

Archived