Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Tactics should include a thing that hasn't been present since CM 4; off the ball and with the ball screens where you could move your players in to positions depending where the ball is and whether is it in your team's control or not. Would add really much variations into the tactical side of the game.

Agreed!

STADIUMS!!!!!!

Bernabeu

San Siro

Camp Nou

etc

or an open platform for the users to add their own

It would be cool if someone could build the individual stadiums for the ME, give it more life.

I'd like to see scheduling friendly tours have more impact and effect of the reputation of the club in that particular nation etc. Many of the big clubs go on tours of America or Asia to build up their profiles with future profits in mind.

Apart from that, the option to buy the player but immediately loan him back to his club till a later date. I think this can be done by setting the date at the end of the season but don't think it'd be too difficult to implement this as it happens a lot in real life

Agree 100% with both these points. Definitely!

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing which annoys me is I like to load up the Northern Irish league while I manage in England and after about a season, every Northern Irish team is full of English men and there are no players from NI at all so I would like if the game could somehow reflect real life in that very few Englishmen come to play for Northern Irish sides. Also, when players retire, their reputation should stay high rather than becoming almost local as for example, in my current game, Boudewijn Zenden is manager of a team in Northern Ireland's third division...a bit ridiculous like.

After the final patch with the data update to be able to start off from the the 2nd of February with the League standings as they were on the 2nd of February in real life.

Then you can carry on after the January window like real life, instead of starting off the season with Torres at Chelsea from the begining etc.

After the final patch with the data update to be able to start off from the the 2nd of February with the League standings as they were on the 2nd of February in real life.

Then you can carry on after the January window like real life, instead of starting off the season with Torres at Chelsea from the begining etc.

I like this idea! :D

As i'm the admin of a big network on FM11 with 13 players at the moment ( http://mokoena.geekea.fr ), I think a big improvement would be to have a dedicated server system.

A bit like what they do for games like counter strike or Call of duty where you can go on a website to rent a server.

So the network game would be always online.

Obviously the options and the system of the actual network system have to be changed.

For example, you can manage your team anytime you have time to connect to the server, even if the other players aren't connected, you press "continue" but the game doesn't continue until a certain % of player came to the server to "continue" their turn. Or after a limit date set by the admin like one or two days.

And the possibility to force automatic hollidays between matches when we're not in a transfert period.

Sorry for my english as it's not my mothertongue.

Posted this in another thread about being able to buy a club and got a good response, so I thought I'd see what others thought here.

I would like to see some variety in managerial roles instead e.g.

Some clubs have directors of football, so if you are a manager there you have less (or no) say in what players are bought and you are effectively only a coach.

Some managers basically run the club top to bottom, so here you would hold bigger sway in the boardroom compared to now - e.g. more likely to be able to restructure youth, dictate feeder club policy, improve facilities etc.

Hiring could then be tailored to the specific skills you've developed - e.g. if you're a good coach, but a poor buyer of players, you're more likely to be offered a job at a club that needs that skill set, you could gain reputation for working well with DoF's or not and that could have an influence. Managerial contract negotiation could also include demanding a greater/different span of control and so on.

give us mental attributes like what coaches have (which are gained on how we do through our careers)

maybe even coaching attributes dependent on the effectiveness of our training schedules

/

been thinking this since like fm09 dunno why i never wrote in here

I plea for a better worked out "manager/transfer" situation. I'll try to explain what I mean:

- Job interview for managers.

In this interview the board can tell you what they expect from you and you can tell the board what you plan to do for the club (playing style, finances, buying players or free agents, goals, those sort of things). I'd suspect clubs invite more than one manager to such an interview (or it must be a really high profile candidate they're sure they'll give the job) so it seems logical that human managers are invited to such interviews more often than they get approached now. If the other candidates like to play hoofball and the board prefer your flowing attacking mentality, your chances are good to get the job. If you indicate you want to spend much money on players, but the board would like to see more youths breaking into the first team, your chances decrease. And if you say you intend to get the club promoted in two years, but it turns out you spend two years halfway up the table, or you say you get a big name to the club, but you dont, there will be consequences.. So if you suck up to the boards wishes, just to get the job, you will be judged by your 'concessions' if you dont live up to them. You may be able to talk sence into them but only to a certain degree. One board might be more flexible than another in that respect.

-More interest of similar or lower rep clubs in human managers.

If I manage a team I make sure the finances are sorted out. A similar or lower rep club in financial trouble should be interested in me and my financial skills. So why dont I ever get approached by one?

And low rep clubs with big ambitions might try and lure a big rep manager to lead them there. Like when Notts County contracted Sven Goran Eriksson. The way it is now it seems SI is thinking for me, thinking I wouldnt want a lower rep job, while in reality I'd love to get approached (for a job-interview off course) by such a club.

-Less panic with your board when you apply or show interest in another job

I think most of the first cuddles between a manager and their future clubs are not measured out in the media as they do in FM but are kept secret. As a consequence boards will freak out far less in real life, and will not immediately give you the boot if you glance elsewhere, as they simply wouldnt know you're up to something. I'd also expect a board to fear their manager will leave instead of getting angry and sacking him for lack of loyalty (as club loyalty hardly exists in modern football). Why don't boards try to keep you at a club when you glance elswhere. Give you a wage increase if you stay or something like that.. Why don't they ask you to explain the situation and your reasons for wanting to leave. I think they would understand: "I've been at this club for so long, I'd like to see what it's like elswhere" or "I can make double the money there and that club is much more ambitious".

-More managers being sacked because of dissapointing achievements

It seems you can stay at a club forever if you want to. Only when you start to apply for other jobs you run the risk of being sacked. I don't think that's realistic. If I'm at Villa and we have finished in the bottom half for two years or didnt qualify for europe for 4 years running, I'd expect they'll start looking for a different manager. In fact, what manager stays at a club more than 5 or 6 seasons, apart from Fergie and Wenger I guess there are not so many who do. So even with some successes at the club the durability limit of a manager might just exeed (time for a fresh fresh face). That would be realistic IMO.

- I'd also like a club that knows their manager will leave end of contract to approach managers before that season is over, to ask them to join them when the old manager leaves. And the other way around also. If they are bored with me as a manager they should tell me in, for example januari, that they arent going to extend my contact and I am free to look elsewhere. I see tons of news items go by indicating that "manager X might leave and manager Y may be the ideal candidate" but I dont ever see any action of the sort at that time.

All these suggestions interact in some way with the job-interview-suggestion. I think it's essential that SI develop this very underdeveloped part of the game.

The main thing i would like to see developed on FM2012 is the personal interaction, i know it took a big move forward in 2011, but its got a long way to move forward: Ideas:

Player Interaction: as well as being able to tell a player that i want him to join me or say that he is a big threat in the next match, id like to be able to play mind games with them, for example rooney and tevez locked at the top of the goal scorers tally, id want to put pressure on tevez in a match against blackpool or someone to try and make him selfish, both harming his form and the clubs result, or telling him that he is rubbish and wouldnt get in your team and stuff like that.

Manager Interaction: Sometimes you look down the league and see a team that are struggling that should really be doing better than they are (birmingham), id like to offer the manager or that club a small helping hand, to tell them why they arent getting the result, this advice would be best taken if you are friends with the manager of that club, (darren and alex ferguson, good example), or offer a smaller club one of your players to improve them, macheda to ipswich who are struggling (also managed by roy keane, close friend of alex ferguson) improving both your player, and that team, plus your relationship with the manager

National Manager Interaction: I think we all know where this comes from, Capello (rubbish manager) id want to offer him advice, or abuse him as i see fit for his team choices, formation etc, offering a helping hand/slating him, also if i went for the England job and found somebody else (Carlo Ancelotti) had been offered the job and doing a rubbish job (Italians cant do English football) id want to abuse the decision to appoint him, like you can with other managers, not the right man for the job, and so on.

Thanks

I'd like to have a tab where you can see all players listed who have ever been at the user's club (ingame). You could sort the table by games, goals, assists, avg rating, reserve games, reserve goals, reserve assists, reserve avg rating, date joined, date left, current club/job. This would be awesome as you could compare all your players :thup:

The same as usual, better interaction especially when it comes to the board and chairman. Pressconferences need to be evolved to be more intelligent and it feels like some of the questions and answers are just cosmetic, if I dumped that much crap in the media on my boss in real life as I can do on the chairman in the game I can rest assured it wouldn't go by unnoticed or unanswered. Also many times when I get furious by something in a game, like a misstake by the ref or my players playing like imbecills losing heavy against a weaker side I want to be able to pour some of that anger out in the pressconferance, I don't want to get two questions about the other teams players and manager.

As I have said in other threads when I'm 3 points behind a promotion spot in January and finally seem to get the team blend together and get stable performances out of them and my chairman decides to start selling out the team I want options to march into the boardroom and tell him how stupid he is, I want the option issue an ultimatum. I want to get a reaction when I go to the media and tell them the chairman is stupid to expect us to perform when he does what he does and I want the fans to rage when the chairman is ruining chances of success instead of chearing him on.

When applying for a job, instead of just being rejected/offered it maybe the clubs board/chairman could interview you.

Questions like "what do you feel you can bring to the club", "what tactics would you be using". Things about scouting policy and building for the future.

A personal assistant to tell you when a job comes up that is worth applying for.

Club legends recommending you players

The ability to see the stats of retired players

Recommending managers for another job vacancy (eg a manager who you get on with in the game)

Being able to filter a scouts search for players to not include 2* players that I would never use.

The occasional gem from a lower league club that can go on to play in the top division.

A conversation with your board when they tihnk of sacking you which could potentially save your job or get them to sack you immediately.

All I have for now... :D Hope at least some are implemented

Interaction with board if you do not want to renew your contract so that you don't become "HATED" by the club simply because you wish to continue your career elsewhere. Especially if you brought recent success, and the ability to suggest your replacement to the board.

(i.e. Mourinho-esque approach)

but most importantly,

Training a player in a certain position should NOT take up % from his overall training WHEN he has become NATURAL in that specific position. It seriously bothers me since removing the training in itself causes him to decline in his knowledge of the position, so its a lose-lose.

Posted this in another thread:

One smallish thing I would like to suggest is also to do with ratings. As I understand it (and if I'm wrong, this post is pointless) the rating for physios determines how well they predict how long a player will be out injured. For me the rating should determine a couple of other things:

1) The higher the rating the quicker they can help a player recover from an injury. ie not many of us could fracture a metatarsal and be back playing 5-a-side in 2 months yet how many England players have made it to major tournaments? Your 20 rated Physios get players back for World Cups, Your 15 rated physios don't.

2) The lower the rating the more likely a player is to have a reoccurance of the same injury or pick up a new injury not long after recovering from his previous one. ie a Physio with 10 rating may tell a guy with a groin strain to rest for a few weeks and treat the results of the groin strain, a top level physio does that and also deals with what led to the groin strain so it doesn't happen again.

I realise this might not sound good to a lot of players given the recent discussions about increasing injuries following 11.3 but it would make things more realistic.

A personal assistant to tell you when a job comes up that is worth applying for

If you mean a personal agents this could work. Players have agents in the game now, but some managers also have one in real life.

But what if you're in lower league, a manager is not likely to have a personal agent at that level I guess.. And that is the level where you need the job-advise the most IMO.

It seems more like real life if you would know something about your chances at jobs along another way. I find it really hard to judge my chances at a certain job. I sometimes try to see what my rep does in FMRTE and compare it to a target-club, but that doesnt seem to help much and is an out-of-game method. It would be nice if there was some way in which you could see if you have any chance to get a job. Maybe an indicator of the rep of a club, manager or league. Sometimes when there's a newsitem on some cup tournement the rep of that tournement is indicated in stars. it would be helpfull if you can check those reps easily in the game (in the team- or profile-screen for example).

It would also be good if the wishes of a clubs board are made 'public': "Club X considering manager Y's future. If they decide not to extend the current contract they have indicated to look for a manager that likes to play a free flowing attacking game" of along that line but with "strong financial control". And if you profile description, based on your past tactics says 'defending' and you're spending money like water running, the chances of you getting the job would be less. But maybe that is something to be dealt with in the job-interviews I mentioned a few posts earlier.

i'd like to see players you've selected for the national pool highlighted on the search screen

Yes. Saves me constantly right clicking on a players name to see if they have been already added...

There are some things I would like to see beterized:

-The default skin is too white! It will be better a skin with a diferent background for each window in the game like one background for the squad window, another for the training window, another for the press conferences, etc...

-The Press conferences are so damn borring! Always the same questions. Honestly, I don't know how to beterize it, but it should be beterize.

-Personaly I don't like the trainings, because aren't "convitative". Add a schedule where we could select train the short passes, long passes, shots, tackling and even a training match with the reserves.

-The Press conferences are so damn borring! Always the same questions. Honestly, I don't know how to beterize it, but it should be beterize.

Maybe something like 'fragmented answers'. Options to build up an answer from parts of a sentence instead of pre-fabricated whole sentence replies. That when you answer a question with "I don't think so", you get a number of options to build the rest of the reply with, like "that player is a fine player but" and then some more options to finish the sentence, like "we have good players to mark him saturday, no problem". Or "I don't think so", "he's not that good a player and", "I wouldn't have put him in de starting line up if he was playing at my club".

In that way you can get some more variety in your aswers and possibly add some nuance you can't add now. Would make it slightly more interesting to parry questions.

It might get a bit complicated for SI make it so that weird replies like "Yes, I think so. That is a pretty useless player. I would like to sign him as soon as possible" or "I agree", "that was a horrific injury", "I think he will be fit very soon" aren't possible, but if the options follow a certain answer-flow that shouldn't be a problem.

But I actually question the use of the press-conferces. Are they really of any influence on player/team morale or a managers rep?

Maybe something like 'fragmented answers'. Options to build up an answer from parts of a sentence instead of pre-fabricated whole sentence replies. That when you answer a question with "I don't think so", you get a number of options to build the rest of the reply with, like "that player is a fine player but" and then some more options to finish the sentence, like "we have good players to mark him saturday, no problem". Or "I don't think so", "he's not that good a player and", "I wouldn't have put him in de starting line up if he was playing at my club".

In that way you can get some more variety in your aswers and possibly add some nuance you can't add now. Would make it slightly more interesting to parry questions.

It might get a bit complicated for SI make it so that weird replies like "Yes, I think so. That is a pretty useless player. I would like to sign him as soon as possible" or "I agree", "that was a horrific injury", "I think he will be fit very soon" aren't possible, but if the options follow a certain answer-flow that shouldn't be a problem.

But I actually question the use of the press-conferces. Are they really of any influence on player/team morale or a managers rep?

That idea is great!!

The press conferences are important for me because are more 1 incentive to my players

I think the feeder/parent club feature is quite 'British' in a sense that it could be applied to other countries too. Italian clubs can only sign one non-eu player from outside Italy per season. This is from Adrian Mutu's wiki:

"Mutu signed a five-year contract with the Italian club Juventus on 12 January 2005, despite still being banned from football until 18 May. As Juventus had no available room to buy another non-EU player from abroad, the move also involved fellow Serie A club Livorno, who signed the player and contemporaneously sold him to Juventus."

In the game world of FM there could perhaps be an option to move your newly signed player to one of your Italian feeder clubs. Or to a foreign feeder club where he would be able to gain EU nationality.

I also think that you should be able to move your under-18 player - that you've signed but can't be moved to your club yet - to one of your feeder clubs in the country of origin. Maybe this is more a gameplay feature than anything that mirrors real life.

Role opinion in player reports

I think that it would be nice if in the player report (scout or otherwise) the reporter would tell his opinion of which role/duty would suit the player best.

A fairly straightforward addition (at least if there's already an algorithm that calculates this, which should exist already as it'd be very useful for AI behaviour on transfer market and team selection in any case) that would in my opinion add a nice touch to the player reports. :)

Tactical knowledge would play a role in this I imagine (the accuracy of suggestions).

Having this info available in player search screens would also be nice.

Hey All

Well I am part of a site called FMFormation and I did an article called FM11 What is, What was and What Should Be it is basically a list of alot of idea's that I and the FMF community had for the next installment of FM.

So here they are, what do you guys think

So this is the second year I have done this, read here to see my first installment.

These are some from that list that I believe should still be added to the FM12.

Backroom Advice -

I think that all backroom advice should be backed up, so the staff should say why they believe this person would be good for the club or why a person should not be captain/vice-captain.

Player Roles -

What I would like to see is more player roles all over the game from,

1) having a bunch of senior players who look after the well-being of the younger players at the club. - I know you can ask a player to tutor another player but they should also take younger players under their wing on there own.

2) This can also go into game time (at Set pieces) where instead of choosing certain positions to stand on for example far/near post at a corner, you choose the players you would like to stand there just as you choose you free-kick taker or your penalty taker. So you would be able to choose which player is your first choice for that position at that set piece.

Training -

I feel that the training needs to be redone and that it needs to be more affective, you need to be able to see who is training well who deserves a place in the starting line-up based on training, they give you the top five players who are training well and that isn't any help. What I would like to see is a big list that shows who is training well within your training schedules.

Tactics

This is one I believe needs a large overhaul, I love the new tactics creator and all but I feel its very unrealistic. What I would like to see is instead of the bars you get the option to "Say" how you want your players to play, for example mentality of a player you can choose from an option of 10 different words such as "none, very little, little, moderate, more, lots, go crazy" something along those lines.

Set Pieces

I would be amazing if we could create our own set Pieces.

Squad Discipline -

I like my discipline but it annoys me when I have to after every poor game find the culprits and discipline them for their performances, what I think should be added is a disciplinary action whereby you can set when players will be punished and how much, so if it’s a rating of 6.4 - 6.0/5.9 you issue a warning, if its 5.9/5.8 - 5.5 then 1 weeks pay and 5.4 - lower than 2 weeks

Match Officials -

Ok I would like to see a specific feature where you can have a go at match officials... I recently had a goal chalked off because the blind Ass Ref thought he was offsides

Practices -

Set how many practices or when practices would happen in the week, two per day or once per day every day of the week etc.

Manager Status -

One thing I would love to see is to be able to set a status. Here is an image of what other managers have said, and I thought it'd be nice if we could select one of those to show how we are feeling

Friendlies -

What I'd like to see is the ability to ask the opposition club for a change of date in the friendly, this would be particularly useful when you start the game as far to often you have two games in the space of two days which kills your team in pre-season.

Affiliate clubs -

I'd like to see more options to choose from when selecting affiliate clubs. There are many in the editor but you cannot select them in-game, I'd like to be able to select whether we play friendlies, whether I want first choice to buy etc. What I would like to see is an upgrading of affiliate status as well. I am currently playing a Newcaslte game and we have good relations with Carlisle and Gateshead, but I'd like them to turn into full-time affiliated clubs.

Here are some that have been done, but could still do with improving as always.

Loanee's -

I recently had several players on loan and they all played badly so I would like to see the option to talk to them, about their recent performances as you can't do anything but hope that they pick up their performance levels. - This has actually been done exactly how I wanted it to be done, but It'd always be nice to chat with the loanee's more, e.g. "Where do you see yourself at the end of the season?", "Well I'd actually love to sign for the club permanently!"

Player Interaction -

I feel that there needs to be more Player Interaction, for example you need to be able to say more to the players, you need to be able to convince them more, whether it’s to join the club, or about their future roles. They should also come to you when there are problems, especially as they often run to media when they are having problems about not playing. - Once again this has been done exactly how I wanted it to be done, but It'd always be nice to chat with the players more

International Duty -

I think that they should when it tells you the days that they are player give a note to say what matches the players will be missing if any, this effects the lower division teams more that the top leagues But I believe it should be done.

Here are a list of what I like that you, the FMF community, have suggested in this thread.

Jedd

Manager Celebrations -

Have you ever seen Jose Mourinho caught up in the moment of his team scoring a important goal and he goes mental on the sideline, running to the fans celebrating? Or Wengers motionless face when his team score? Well I think they should incorporate this into the next Football Manager, with each choice giving a different effect on players. Going crazy on the touchline could help some players in confidence, but others it could affect them by making them think the game is over, and they get complacent. The motionless face could make some players try harder, but others feel nothing is good enough.

This would be a neat little feature and help in making relations/having a name for yourself in the game. You could also do a nice spot of gloating in front of the opposition fans and get yourself in trouble, but it was well worth it!

Team outings -

This idea is simple. Team building activities that will happen instead of training over the period of time you chose. The players can go out and help them get used to each other, build relationships and increase morale. But beware, you could end up spending large chunks of money on this or the players could get a freak injury, or they could realise they hate their team mates and decide they do not want to be around them anymore.

This would be a nice little addition as it gives you more control over your players and can help them settle in etc.

Public Relations -

You could also have things like PR Releases (signing shirts etc.) bringing in extra money. All of this would affect training time though so you'd have to chose carefully.

Andytiger

How about a Goals on Sunday addition. You will get an invite to appear on the show and they will ask you questions about the previous weeks football, any future transfer rumours or what your plans are for the rest of the season. This could help build relations with other players, clubs and managers. Let's say for instance, you are asked about your team and say that you think your left winger could do with some competition and are seeking to look into aquiring a new LM. Your current player shows an increase in his training while agents approach you with players on their books, specific to the position you need to fill.

KrisL 9

Formations -

On the formation screen the positions not being snap gridded so theres more flexibility with where you can place players

Piisuke

Match Engine -

New and improved engine. I want creative players to show more and different flicks with the ball. Step overs are fun the first match, but after seeing Neymar perform 8000 a match, I wonder where the other moves are. I like to see players try pannas, or whatever other trick that players currently use.

Team Interaction -

It would be nice to be able to talk more to the team, instead of just individuals.

Manager Interaction -

Better interaction between managers. If one manager comments on you prior to the match, a lot of comments are greyed out, limiting you to only a few answers. More options, less greyed out answers, or an option to type in your own comment would be nice.

Regen -

Updated regen faces. They look kind poor. A bit more realism to the faces would be nice.

James M

Press Conference -

Either properly fix the (still) boring and repetitive Press Conferences, or remove them from the game until they are fixed, please!!!!!!!!

Ryanosaurus

Scouting and Youth Recruiting -

It would be good if they improved the scouting aswell. I dont really like it. I mean you can send scouts around the country and most the time you barely find cheap, young players in Africa, at 16 years old and get the chance to turn them into superstars. You should be able to have trial days. Like loads of young players play against you in a trial game, or train with your U18's for a few days?

BuzzKillington14

Team Talks -

I think team talks could be better, I think you should be able to say why you said that. eg: if i say i'm dissapointed, i should be able to say specifically why, such not taking chances, not getting stuck in etc.

Regen -

I also find that still too many regens dont have realistic attributes. So many times I see CB regens that look good but have low aggression (like 3 or 4), or AMC with low creativity and passing (often below 10). At first I thought this is cos they're only 15/16, but they carry these poor attributes through so that when they're 19/20, they really have no hope of playing.

Chris

Training -

What I'd love to see on FM is a 3D Training Engine so you could watch the players do the training, whether its sprint runs, 5 a side games of football, penalty taking.

NJT86

Finances -

An easy thing to implement into the game would be the option to pay off larger chunks of debt

Example

I'm currently managing Napoli after taking over mid-way through their second season. We managed to make 20m profit last season through player sales, tv rights and competitions, now they have given me a 45m budget with which to finish in the top 5 - which is great - but there is 61m debt hanging over the club from a bank loan and they are only paying off 460k/month until 2029!!

I'd like the option to say to the chairman - instead of giving me 45m, why not take 20m of that and pay it off the loan? - thus giving me a 25m budget, which I can work with quite easily, and reducing the amount of debt the club is burdened with.

The sooner the club are out of debt, the sooner I can be given an even bigger transfer budget with which to mount a challenge for the title/Champions League and I can set about improving the youth facilities etc.

devileh

Player Interaction -

-Resovling issues between players who dislike eachother

-Training more detailed individual moves(random example: tell a CB if he's ever the last man, never go hard in)

-Making a tutoring option that let's youngsters learn something from players with different personality(i.e.. tutoring that isn't as close)

-Convincing players to accept going on loan deals(i.e. being able to tell them you really think it will help their development etc.)

-Talking with player who are dirty(/aggressive and forcing them to change their ways

-Discussing with player about how they feel they can perform if retrained to a new position

-Having team-building events, rally meets(to boost morale)

-Increasing the role of the captain somehow

-Discussing with the players about the upcoming match(their input, maybe one of your boys has played in the opposing club and can share something)

-Being able to give players more ultimatums in regards to their performance, especially if it's a player you can't/won't sell(a 6.9 average in 20 matches, mate?)

-Being able to sit down and have a serious discussion with players that dislike you, and maybe repair the relationship or atleast build a bridge.

-Commending players for good training efforts without having to tell them they're not training hard enough first.

Training -

I saw someone mention this earlier but I want to be able to:

-Set up training sessions somewhat like in real life instead of sliders. Where you can choose between different training procedures and having more talented coaches will open up more/different ways to train. This will make training specific positions easier instead of vague sliders(example: Now, if you want a nible little winger to improve his stamina, he has to train a strength regime. If you want a huge, strong rock in defense, he has to train aerobic to improve his jumping).

-Train specific moves for specific situations(set pieces, etc)(PS: Not just like the match preparation stuff which is just hidden stat boosts, i mean real, specific movement)

-Being able to join/watch trainings, to spur on extra effort, or maybe be able to watch 5-a-side matches to judge who you should use in the next match

-Goalkeepers being able to learn brazilian side-kicks PPM or something to give the goalkeepers that are expert kickers(in terms of accuracy) an edge.

Other stuff -

-Being able to be a club teams U-19/reserve side coach. It would be fun to have a sort of semi-guided career mode where you have goals and objectives.

-Hosting trail games to attract youth so YOU can choose which youths should be signed.

-Having the oppertunity to comment on the ref or other match related stuff outside the normal after-match press conferance.

-Goalkeepers getting their own Penalty Saves stat!

-Captains(and other high influence players) getting more animations where they spur on teammates, direct players, point etc.(to a higher degree than in the current FM game)

raydenvm

- Ability to talk with coaches, scouts, etc.

- Better 3D

- More diversity in player talks

- Interior integration with your blog about FM

Thanks for reading

NOTE: NONE OF THESE IDEA'S ARE MINE, BUT THOSE OF THE FMF COMMUNITY, I SIMPLY LIKE THEM AND THINK THAT THEY WOULD ADD TO FM

Will be southern sudanese nationality - players and everything - added to FM 2012? I hope yes, someone will make Southern Sudanese league.. imagine yourself managing a team in the completely new league.. that would be so great. :)

Apart from more default leagues, I don't want nothing new. I want old, good FM07 and 08 back, without all that new, boring stuff which only delays you from advancing in the game..

the main things i would like to see added are:

better interaction with the fans, i.e telling them why you let a player leave or why you went out of the league cup in the 3rd round after playing youth players

a tick box on the player filter for home grown players

manager personalities, purely cosmetic but it could change the press conference questions you would get

I'd like to be able to select which matches will show on Latest Scores / Goal Updates modules. These can get very crowded, not to mention that we do not have control over their size. In European competitions I am only interested in results of other teams from my country, so it would be great to be able to select matches to be shown. :)

Despite my recent long post, I hope that SI sort out all the crap that doesn't work, like setting certain instructions, e.g. set Throws ins to short and the players are addiment to make sure that they throw it long, certain players will have "looks for pass instead of shooting" yet Jonas Guiterrez shoots up to more than 5 times a game, yet in real life if he shoots then WOW...

New Player Preferred Move (think that's what their called).

Like's to catch Keeper off their line.

Thinking Rooney, example today's CL match with Chelsea towards the end nearly catching Cech off his line as well as in other matches, or David Beckham has done it a few times in his career (more recently in the MLS).

This has probably been mentioned before but, i'd like to be able to tell my corner takers to do in swinging or out swinging corners.

Options for corners something like this.

In swinging

Out swinging

Mixed

Surely this just depends on what foot the player uses? For example a right footed player taking a corner from the right would find it very difficult to produce an in swinging corner, he'd have to deliberately slice it with the outside of his foot which would be a stupid way to take a corner

My thoughts on new content? Most of it works apart from a few bugs need working out. If they do need something new to put in i would like to see a rethink of the youth system. Such as instead of just random regens popping up you have trial days like with the internationals so you have a say in what you get with the option of having your asm do it if you cant be bothered. Maybe training camps aswell but now im just grabbing at straws. What do you guys think on the youth system?

My suggestion is making Friends [or otherwise] with other Managers has benefits [or drawbacks].

Like. Manager (you) says in a media conference; "I like Manager X and he's a good friend."

Currently, this means didly squat apart from a list in your profile (unless I'm missing some hidden benefit).

I'd like to see your "friend" managers doing things like;

Coming out in the media in your support during poor form,

[higher rep AI manager] initiating a private chat when approaching a game against somebody they just played or mutual rivals (like, you should show Torres onto his left next week, we did it last week, he struggled)

[Lower rep AI manager] Initiating a private chat asking some advice about something; even potential signings,

Helping with NT management, putting hand up for Olympic team or whatever.

etc etc.

If this started happening, one would pay much more attention to the comments that came out form opposing managers. Unlike now.

New Player Preferred Move (think that's what their called).

Like's to catch Keeper off their line.

Thinking Rooney, example today's CL match with Chelsea towards the end nearly catching Cech off his line as well as in other matches, or David Beckham has done it a few times in his career (more recently in the MLS).

Messi tried the chip a few times in the two legs against shaktar.

Whens is a chip a chip, and when is it trying to catch them off their line?

Possibility to sign a player "after he has gained X nationality" if he only misses < 90 days for that....this way for example if he gains nationality on August (theorically), I can make the offer on May for the next transfer session but I will not use a non-eu slot (for the leagues that have it) because he'd be forced to transfer on 1st of July. Is it clear?

http://en.tactx.uefa.com/#

tactix1a.jpg

tactx3d.jpg

''TactX is a rendering engine to training sessions. It allows the coach to build 2d drills, game simulations and set plays then render them in 3d. It is an ideal tool for creating training videos (far less than the cost of professional players to perform the same drills), developing and demonstrating tactical situations, and analyzing team tendencies. The rendered video can be viewed in 2d or 3d, from multiple angles, and customized ''

Now THAT would change the world of Football Manager games!!!

Fully animated training drills.

Training is a part of the game that is neglected IMHO and SI should focus more on that.

With a tool like that,the potential development paths that would open are endless,just a few of them would be :

- All individuall focus drills (shooting,crossing,agility,dribbling etc.) fully animated and maybe measured in drills such as acceleration or pace (in terms of seconds) so we can understand the development.

- 5v5 or 11v11 training matches for improving tactical awareness and team blend.

- Drills for improving possession game,set piece movement when attacking and defending,player tactical movement under certain situations and so on...

3D training also offers some ''eye candy''...we would be able to actually see the difference between state of the art training facilities when compared to a plain training field of the lower leagues,

plus our coaches are now animated too and we can see them train our players.

Im hoping the ME is rehauled for FM12...If thats the case, Id like SI to try and get the 3D pitches looking more realistic..Whether its raining, snowing or hailing, it looks mostly the same dull colour. Maybe get it looking as real as possible, along with real life nets. IMO this would add to realism, and is probably not an unrealistic idea?. I wont expect too much improvements on stadiums, as I believe that is a long term goal, but for FM12 my two wishes are for the ME to be redone (near perfection) and for the 3D graphics, mostly grass and nets to be re vamped

Im hoping the ME is rehauled for FM12...If thats the case, Id like SI to try and get the 3D pitches looking more realistic..Whether its raining, snowing or hailing, it looks mostly the same dull colour. Maybe get it looking as real as possible, along with real life nets. IMO this would add to realism, and is probably not an unrealistic idea?. I wont expect too much improvements on stadiums, as I believe that is a long term goal, but for FM12 my two wishes are for the ME to be redone (near perfection) and for the 3D graphics, mostly grass and nets to be re vamped

I'm 100% sure that the ME won't be redone. It will however be tweaked and tweaked and tweaked year round every year. It will get better and better. But there's no going back and redoing it now after (tens of) years of development.

The 3D part will of course be improved every year as well. There are people working on 3D. I expect them to be productive.

I would like for old players to retain their reputation more. For instance if David Beckham or a past-it Messi went to smaller club, there would still be excitement and increase in shirt sales... maybe more mention of trophies they've won and things. I think there should be some sort of legend reputation where signing one would improve morale and fan confidence and attendance, and it would all be amazing (until they proved they'd lost it on the pitch, at which point the circus might end).

More interaction with the fans especially at away games.

Say how good the atmosphere was, and how many away fans went to the game, and see that these figures improve for bigger games and the better you are doing.

Also the idea about real stadiums is a great on the 3d match engine. Would really add to the matchday experience. If you want have the option available to design and build stadiums for your team or even other teams.

Archived