Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

I disagree. I saw Jose Mourinhos notepad once during a UCL game, and he was giving instructions to his team where he wanted them to be positioned when the other team has the ball in their own half. It would be a good inclusion in future releases IMO. For example, if your opponent has the ball in and around your 18 yard box, you might want your fullbacks to tuck in and your wingers to stay wide for example. Or maybe youd want your striker roaming around the wing. Just an example. I think it would be great to re-add this, maybe enhanced ofcourse. It would give you more 'control' over your teams tactics.

Disagree all you want the fact is that its already included.

What you can ask for is more tactical options but pointing out the blade of grass you want a player to stand on will never happen.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a few things about Scouting:

It needs to be much more fluid.

I just read an article about danish Chelsea scout Benny Nielsen and his methods of working under Frank Arnesen. He is/was assigned to Scandinavia, and rather than just going randomly around scandinavia compiling match reports it was his responsibility to spot the youngsters of real interest and report them back to Frank, but most of the time he would just write down all the names of the match he was seeing and it would be plotted into their database.

In his words: "It is my job to secure that if we miss out the next Bendter og Agger it will not be because of me not spotting them".

Also, as others have said, why not make the stats-deal more fluid, realistic aswell. It is not right that i can scout a player once and know exactly how good he is at everything. Instead, the scout should give me "note-like" reports, telling me much more about the type of player, his strengths, his weaknesses, what role he could play, his role in the squad, his mentality, what others say about him etc in exchange for me not knowing the stats.

few suggestions

1. Allow us to be assistant managers of teams. I mean that if we start unemployed, we can apply for an assistant manager job at various clubs. There we can have control over the reserve squad or the youth squad. So that way, if we perform very well with the reserves, other teams in the same or above division will show some interest in hiring us as managers. Or if your own manager gets fired; the board will hire you as caretaker and if you can improve the team's condition; they might consider appointing you permanently

2. Improve the transfer system. If you want to buy a top-class player; the AI expects you to pay exorbitant amounts of money, usually twice his player value. But if they are interested in one of your top players; they expect to get him at his normal player value!! And if you often try to negotiate by asking for 5-7 mill more; the interested team often withdraws!

3. Make the transfer deadline day more active. In RL, the deadline day is often the busiest day with many important and high value transfers taking place. But in FM, hardly any activity takes place on the last day. Most of the 20 mill+ deals are usually done by the first weeks of the deadline (I'm playing in 2025 right now). I think that most of these transfers should take place near the deadline day.

4. Improve the parent club-feeder club relation to ensure that loan players actually go to the feeder club. I have set half my youth team available for loan and most of the times; my feeder clubs don't even bid for the player, but teams from the same division (and usually finishing nearby in the table) do bid!!

5. Scout ratings for older players should be revised. When you generally scout a 31-33 year old player, the scout will generally give him x stars for current ability; BUT even potential ability will have the same x number of stars. But sometimes it is generally obvious that the player will drop in quality in one season and will have a rating of (x-(1/2)) stars. So i think the scout should rate the player's potential ability keeping in mind what he would look after 1-2 seasons ( by evaluating the injury proneness of the player) to give a more accurate PA rating

few suggestions

1. Allow us to be assistant managers of teams. I mean that if we start unemployed, we can apply for an assistant manager job at various clubs. There we can have control over the reserve squad or the youth squad. So that way, if we perform very well with the reserves, other teams in the same or above division will show some interest in hiring us as managers. Or if your own manager gets fired; the board will hire you as caretaker and if you can improve the team's condition; they might consider appointing you permanently

This could be fun, I think they would have included this if it wasn´t for the coaching attributes, that the human players doesn´t have.

How about a sound input option for those with a microphone + Voice Recognition Software who want to shout and swear at their players? :) dB level at half-time could be proportional to your displeasure at the performance!

And a serious one, wouldn't it be great if scouting was so good that we could turn the attributes to "invisible"? I'm sure S.A.F. doesn't think "Giggs used to have a pace of 17 now it's more like 13". Etc.

Is it just on my games where in finals, the team selected as the away team only have the one stand for fans. Would you be able to split it 50-50 down the middle of the far stand, to make it more realistic.

Petty I know, but I think it would enhance cup final day on FM :)

I'd like to see scheduling friendly tours have more impact and effect of the reputation of the club in that particular nation etc. Many of the big clubs go on tours of America or Asia to build up their profiles with future profits in mind.

Apart from that, the option to buy the player but immediately loan him back to his club till a later date. I think this can be done by setting the date at the end of the season but don't think it'd be too difficult to implement this as it happens a lot in real life

Would also like to see this as i tend to buy young players..

im 90% sure this was in one of the previous games, but id like to be able to tell the ass man/ U18's coach who id like them to play in each position for reserves/U18's... i suppose you could take it 1 step further and include the amount of time you would like to see them on the pitch for(ideally) like you can for friendly internationals but in say increments of 15mins.. lost count how many times i've gone to play a young lad in a cup game only to see he's on 78% fitness having played the day before..

if im completley honest tho.. the thing id like to see most (although admittedly never likely to) is a version of FM that isnt still being patched in march.. no disrespect to SI intended but when you release a new version every oct/nov then have to wait 4/5 months to have the issues ironed out doesnt reallly give you much time to enjoy the game as SI intended it to be..

First let me say that I love this game. The only problem I have with the game is that it is so time consuming to do small tasks.

Here are some things that could really improve the User Experience of the game for us "Hands Off" managers.

Automate Training

- The new feature would give us the option to select a day or event and a new training schedule to switch the player to. For example: I would be able to set all of my players on a preseason schedule that will automatically switch to their more specific schedule once they reach match fitness or by August 31st (whichever comes first).

Better Scouting Automation

- As it is right now, sending scouts out on a tour is nearly pointless. The best way to scout is to manually select a list of players and assign a scout to them. You get a ton of reports this way rather than sending them out on tour. It doesn't make sense that a scout could be overseas and only return 20 reports every month when you can send them out manually and get 5-6 every day!

- Also if I have a scout in a region, say South America, and my scouting knowledge is at "complete" for Brazil, why would my scout spend most of his time in Brazil and ignore say Argentina? The scout should look to gain all the knowledge of his region before going back to a previously scouted nation!

- Which brings me to another point: There should be a "Scout Capacity" attribute for coaches/scouts/managers/ect. This attribute will not tell you anything about the quality of reports the scout will return. It will only tell the user about how many you can expect the scout to be able to learn. So say a scout with 20 in the Scout Capacity category would be able to get exceptional knowledge about the entire world (although no one scout should be able to have complete knowledge of the world obviously).

Automate tutoring

- Let me pick a few tutors and the order they would tutor the player and through player interactions allow that player to accept/decline specific tutors/reasons. Then when one tutoring is done, the new tutor automatically takes over. Of course if the tutor leaves the club via transfer or whatever, they would not be able to be tutored (in which case the user could be notified of any tutoring affects when selling a player or when that player's contract expires).

Player Career Paths

- This would work with better training automation. Basically when a player is created a career path is given to him, be it a winger, a target man, a box 2 box midfielder, etc. Then the club should have the ability to modify the training sets (which is currently available) and pick which career path gets which training sets. You can set these training sets to include preseason, inseason, rehab, etc. So say a player gets hurt, he is automatically put on a training schedule that will coincide with his rehab.

Create Competition Squads

- Right now we can select our starting XI and subs for all competitions and retain that information. I would like to be able to tie these saved tactics/formations to specific competitions. What I mean is that when it's time for an FA cup match, my team is automatically set to the squad I picked to play the FA cup matches. When it's time for a EPL match, my squad is automatically set to the squad I designated as my starting XI for EPL matches.

Coach Contract Matching

- I'm getting sick and tired of losing coaches and scouts to other teams simply because the one email that said they were approached by another team got lost in the spam that is my inbox. We should be able to see a list of all your scouts/coaches/physios and check/uncheck whether or not you will match any contract offer they receive. Naturally some contract offers will be too high to match for some teams.

Player Contract resigning improvement

- It is absolutely way too bulky to try to figure out which players are on contract and see how good each of these players are. I know you can filter and create views and all that, but my gosh it's just way to time consuming to resign all players. Maybe you can provide a button or a right click menu that will give us the ability to resign all players and just give them their demands minus 10% or so. I dunno, maybe make it work like transfer defaults (ya know where you set the default offer value for offering players to other clubs).

Game Film

- This would be a massive undertaking. Here is my idea: After any given match, you can rewatch it. For any given player that does something in the match, you can tell him SPECIFICALLY what he should have done. It would be something like you can click and drag the mouse to show him the run he should have made, then right click at a certain spot in the run to tell him what he should have done (such as passing to person x or shooting or lobbing the ball instead of a ground pass). This would probably require a learning algorithm or a neural net or etc that would track the state of any given match. You could even watch pregame film of the other team's previous match and give specific players specific instructions about specific players (not just the standard 'show on to weak foot' type stuff). I'm talking about "Try to lob Keeper X" or "try to knock the ball pas Player Y but not past Player Z" kinda stuff. All the elements are there, but it just hasn't been put together as well as it could.

Best Role Info

- This would coincide with the Career Path/Training automation idea, but the assistant manager should be able to tell us what he thinks the best ROLE is for a player (not just their best position).

Tactic Improvements

- Have players automatically designated to play specific roles whenever they are subbed. So say my tactic dictates that a Target Man should be my center striker, but for some reason I decided to put a midget poacher in because he has a lot of potential. I don't want to have to edit my tactic just so a midget will try to play like a target man. It might actually be better to decouple the player role and tactics all together and attach the player role to the individual players and let who I pick dictate the tactic. The tactics would include player movement, such as the direction they flow on the attack and on defense, but not the type of player they should try to be! If you want to change one player to play more like a target man rather than a poacher, you should have to do that for each player individually.

I would like to be able to practice set pieces. Just now I need to play friendlies (and hope that I get corners in that game) to see if near post is best for my team or edge of area is best etc.

How many managers are playing league games unsure of which corner routine is best for his players.

Something along the lines of 1st team vs reserves, but just corner after corner with the option to make changes in between

One thing I'd love is a more realistic match day experience. At the moment there's no difference between playing a preseason friendly and playing the Champions League final.

It's stupid I know but I'd like to see the players warm up on the pitch before the game. I'd like to see them line up before the game and "shake hands". I'd like to see the lineup and formation of my team on the screen before kick off. I'd like to see the players celebrate at the final whistle - maybe even lift a trophy. I'd like a lap of honour around the pitch at the end of the season.

It's nothing to affect the game engine but it makes getting to a final a bit different than an ordinary game.

Okay, probs a few of these been mentioned:

Be a Sporting Director/DOF (scout players, choose managers/coaches etc)

Start as a youth coach/u18s manager/reserve boss/Ass. Man

Coaching badges

Youth trials

And for the love of god, either ditch press conferences or make them actually worth bothering with.

One thing I'd love is a more realistic match day experience. At the moment there's no difference between playing a preseason friendly and playing the Champions League final.

It's stupid I know but I'd like to see the players warm up on the pitch before the game. I'd like to see them line up before the game and "shake hands". I'd like to see the lineup and formation of my team on the screen before kick off. I'd like to see the players celebrate at the final whistle - maybe even lift a trophy. I'd like a lap of honour around the pitch at the end of the season.

It's nothing to affect the game engine but it makes getting to a final a bit different than an ordinary game.

:thup: yeah! this is what i waiting for.

Yeah, this is so true! The match day experience really needs a complete makeover! Football it's about passion, emocion... and what Rega said it's true... playing a pre-season friendly or the champions league final it's the same thing. Same introduction, same press conference (i've played CL finals and the post game press conference didn't have a simples question as how i feel about winning the final).

We play an entire season to get the chance to play some special games... CL final, the league game that gives you the title, a cup final... a those games need to be special:

1) week before the game with lost of news about the game (legends of your club talking to the press, perhaps an extra press conference or interview, news about reactions about the fans...)

2) match day experience different from the other games (the ideais that Rega gave are very good)

3) week after the game, again with more news about your win (or lost)

Because, after you win the CL final, we must have more that 12 or 14 news at the end of the game!

I would like to be able to assign individual players default set-piece instructions in their profiles, presumptively in place in the set piece set-up unless I override them there. For example, tell Nemanja Vidic to always stand on the far post, always tell Rio Ferdinand to challenge the GK etc. This way the instructions will stay the same for each player without needing to be changed when you switch players around on the pitch, or give them a "swap with player" duty.

Thanks.

"One thing I'd love is a more realistic match day experience. At the moment there's no difference between playing a preseason friendly and playing the Champions League final.

It's nothing to affect the game engine but it makes getting to a final a bit different than an ordinary game."

Spot on !! Definately needs to be worked on to avoid huge anticlimaxes in finals of cups... Would be nice to see something a little different for european/cup games too. Players coming out and standing on the pitch as they do for champs league games with cameras flashing etc.. etc..

Disagree all you want the fact is that its already included.

What you can ask for is more tactical options but pointing out the blade of grass you want a player to stand on will never happen.

It happens in real life, and happened in CM0102 mate. And something SIMILAR should be implemented. Not saying I want my Centre backs sitting in a specifc spot, but when the opposition plays down the middle, I might want my fullbacks to tuck in, or my right winger to move into the middle of the ground to close down the centre. IMO its very realistic and happens in real life, and should happen on FM.

It happens in real life, and happened in CM0102 mate. And something SIMILAR should be implemented. Not saying I want my Centre backs sitting in a specifc spot, but when the opposition plays down the middle, I might want my fullbacks to tuck in, or my right winger to move into the middle of the ground to close down the centre. IMO its very realistic and happens in real life, and should happen on FM.

It doesn't happen in real life to the extent you want it to & it was removed from CM/FM for a reason.

However there is no issue with wanting your fullbacks to tuck in when defending and those options are there now through the team options - width setting, playing style (defensive/counter/standard/control/attacking/overload). It would be helpful if we had different width options for attacking & defending and this may be something we see added in the future.

Asking your AMR to move into the centre when defending is no different than playing an AMC and asking him to drift wide when attacking which is again covered by the team options.

All in all you need to understand that that your formation is based on your defensive setup while the orders you give mainly influence your attacking shape & movement. Additional defensive tactical options would be a step forward & hopefully something we'll see in versions to come.

- A world map for scouting like new CM.

- Backgrounds pics like old CMs.

- There must be a living database update system like NBA 2K games ( i hope SI know about it ). Any database changes would be in our DB. Technical patches can be out whenever they are ready. We have not wait for weeks or months for DBs.

- New regen system. it shouldnt matter what db we select.

- New team talk system. It must be more realistic.

- It would be nice if there is stadium , trophy and club museum pics.

- u19 , u18 , u17 .. etc. teams and tournaments would be.

- National teams must have scouts to player call up.

- We could add favourite personel , player or whatever anytime. And we could change our picture whenever we want.

- We could select nationality more than two.

- We could choise our birth city and nation.

- Director of Football ( Sportive Director ) would be more effective. They must have profiles and board should appoint them.

- There must be more realistic transfer system. when i offer an international player for 0 , some teams would accept !!!

- Players could be at Press Conferances before European mathces.

*To be able to change font/DPI size in game so we can use high resolutions without it causing minute unreadable writing

*3D match engine for set piece training so you can actually see how your set pieces work instead of visualising

*Less press conferences and massive overhaul of private chat

*Auto trialist option, whereby your reserve manager brings in trialists for you to look at

*Removal of kits. Really no need for them and makes your game look unreal after a few seasons

*input into which regens come through instead of being automatically lumbered with a group of no-hopers who will never get in your team

*the option of arranging try-outs for young kids in other countries. A bit like what Inter did in that Sky TV programme. So for example you could arrange a try-out in Iceland and if successful one of your regens would be a icelandic good player.

*A new type of coach. The Tactical coach. Some clubs have a coach who only deals with the tactics for the next

And many more!

- u19 caps to show up on Player profile, just as full and u21 caps show up

- u21 caps to be mentioned in player bios.. also u19 caps.. maybe something "Player X was capped at **national** u19 level, before moving onto to get **number** u21 caps

This may have been mentioned, but there are some tactical/ME elements that i feel should be better:

1. The modern centrehalf role. It should be possible to adjust a midfielder to take up this role and move between the central defenders.

2. Offensive movements: Have control over different offensive movements, train them and what not.

3. Central defenders covering wide.

4. More specific tactical instructions: Say, instead of saying Press More or Less, to say: We want to meet them when they come around the halfway line.

5. Pressing: When should their wide players be pushed in, out etc? Do we start the pressure on wings, in the middle? Does the central players look to cover space or mark "outs"?

6. Transitions: Do we go for goal when we win the ball? Do we look to keep the ball? For how long and with how many men do we press when we lose the ball? At what positions on the field do we press hard?

7. Etc, etc, etc.

Much more specific tactical instructions, instead of what we have now.

I'm not sure if it's already been said, as I can't be bothered to go through 67 pages of this link. But I feel the game is too strict when it comes to canceling transfers of already injured players. For example, I had agreed to sign Isco from Valencia for my Malaga team as the creative midfielder, but he got injured in one of their friendlies for 2 months. I already knew about it, but wanted to sign him anyway, rather than have to wait another 5 months until the Jan window, but my board kept canceling the transfer. It happens in real life - i.e. Andy Carroll signing for Liverpool with a calf strain.

Cheers

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/256210-analyzer-(feature-i-would-like-to-see)?p=6533424#post6533424

How often do you, playing for a club, in parallel to monitor the other clubs and tournaments that would be aware of all the events? I think often. This is especially true in long-term saves, because it is difficult to be aware of who is who when there is a 2045 season. It is possible but needed too many time.

And I'd like to see in the game such a function, which would allow me to quickly get information on the screen (with Ctrl + C) about what I want (an example is the biography in player’s profile).

For example:

- I want to know about team’s performance last season. I pick the team - "Season (or a range of seasons .. till ... to…) -> Tournament / League, or a group of tournaments or do not choose anything, if I want to know about the performance of the club all at once) and get a report:

1. As the team passed the net of tournament or championship.

2. About the meetings with the principal rivals.

3. The fact that, for example, a team at the beginning of the season played very badly, but in the end found his game, with the arrival of new coach (or vice versa).

4. About the state of the team at different stages of the tournament.

5. About transfers; is they helped the team or not.

6. About injuries of leading players, after which the team had very poor game.

7. About ups and downs, the sensational results, wins, after which the team believed in themselves and starts a winning streak, defeats, as a consequence of the decline in the game, the team has achieved what it is expected early in the season or the season was a nightmare.

8. etc.

- I want to get information about the tournament as a whole (not of individual teams). I choose (FM-2014, for example) and get all the information about the tournament:

1. State teams before the tournament \ finale (a review team member, that is expected of them and so on) who's favorite and who is the first time involved; group of death.

2. About the success of some teams and poor play of others.

3. About a good result for the team that was considered weak.

4. About the dramatic interchanges playoff games.

5. The fact that favorites had to meet at an early stage of the tournament.

6. Best matches (maybe with possibility to view them).

7. The fact that a coach has done the impossible.

8. The fact that after the tournament the richest club A had interested in player B. Player C has disappointed shown the game.

9. Information about the best scorer.

World Cup is just an example. This may be the Champions League, Asian Cup, league, the FA Cup.

- I want know about performance of clubs of country A in the tournament B in the XXXX or XXXX-YYYY seasons (example, performance of spain clubs in europe).

It seems that's all I would like to see. Then I will be happy.

Lately i was thinking about some changes that would make Football manager more realistic and challenging.

This is my list:

1º)Players and staff should have their attributes and personalities hidden. We should listen carfully to what staff and players have to say, and observe the matches, take notes and others, like realy managers do to obtain information.

2º)In lower leagues i can make money real fast just by arrange lot's of friendlys against the same foreigner club. That's not realistic. For example, if i play one friendly match with my sub-19 team against a foreigner club that pay me 20K for the traveling, i can make lot's of money if i keep playing against him. In reality this never happen, after some friendlys they don't have more money, but in FM they have infinite money to give us with that method.

3º)Training section should be improved. If we could see players training it would help us find more about the players (assuming hidden attributes).

We should have the option to plan weekly training, choose specific exercises, and get help of our staff if we feel to overwhelmed.

Testing some tactics during training would be intresting too.

for stats:

in the player hisory, where shows the teams show the player has played, and too in player profile, should show the stats of each championship/cup (amateur/friendly or professional) that he participated

for example:

you click in "profile player" of Neymar, where is shown the goals, assists, MPV's and so on of the paulista championship, copa do brasil, brazilian serie a and libertadores. And in "player history", you would click in each season where would be shown the team which he has played and the championships/cups, with their stats.

I think it would bring more realistics numbers for the stats of the players.

----------------------------------------------------------

Should have a 3d trainning to you observe what player are really good to play a match or to realize a situation of game (for example free kicks, CK's, penalties), with the players having their energies being spent.

A better way of trainning the players, with a trainning schedule.

Example: On Monday I train the GK's, kicking penalties in the morning and shots on goal in the afternoon, with both in medium intensity. For other players, set piece training in the morning and afternoon, with high intensity. Tuesday, rest for all. Wednesday is match. Thu.. is a recovery trainning; Friday, defensive FK training, in low intensity in the morning, after the strikers would do a one-two shot training in medium intensity while the MFs trains short and long passes and the DF's, tackles. In the afternoon, some video about the next team, knowing the way of playing.

OK OK this was a silly/bady example, but for me, specific trainning would be more effective.

I'm not sure if it's already been said, as I can't be bothered to go through 67 pages of this link. But I feel the game is too strict when it comes to canceling transfers of already injured players. For example, I had agreed to sign Isco from Valencia for my Malaga team as the creative midfielder, but he got injured in one of their friendlies for 2 months. I already knew about it, but wanted to sign him anyway, rather than have to wait another 5 months until the Jan window, but my board kept canceling the transfer. It happens in real life - i.e. Andy Carroll signing for Liverpool with a calf strain.

Cheers

I agree! In real life, unless the player had an extreme injury, you'd still go ahead with the transfer if it was a slight knock. I've had players out for 1 week and the deal has been canceled.

• What I'm looking for
  • Clickable training names for more info
  • Knowing what every training section exactly trains.
  • Dialog to inform if staff lack certain stats like determination or judging player ability to succeed in their jobs.
  • Better knowledge of the attributes and more backroom advice as a result.

In the training window would an option for a click for more info be possible.

I.e click aerobic and see that it trains Pace, acceleration and so on.

The info could offer other details that a coaches star rating won't like you lack sufficient discipline for strength training and tactical knowledge for defensive training.

I think this idea could be expanded into all areas like a low determination scouting team and lack of motivation and man management on staff.

I need only Turkish Language.

I don't understand the completely if I play it as English.

Dude, i learned a lot of english by playing this game when it was still cm, and it was only one league (cmita and cmbel etc...).

You can learn now while you play, enjoy it!!

Newgens suggestions: I can't understand why after 1/2 years should appear 19/20 yrs old wonderful players, with skills out of mind better than Messi and C.Ronaldo. It's wrong this way, they should appear <=18yrs and not fully developed.

This way talents in real life (and relative research work....) < 23yrs don't have sense. Why should I hunt Funes Mori or his generations players?

I would like to see a print screen of teams celebrating on the news page after having won a major tournament next to the report of the game. Obviously the graphics would need to improve abit so that you actually see the players celebrating, but in future years when the graphics are better this would be good.

- J-League license (and more leagues from Africa)

- Job Interviews

- Manager head to head (past meeting)

- Match day experience (trophy celebrations)

- Museum (trophies,awards)

- Improved press conference.

- Improved transfers. (bidding wars)

- Training/Testing out tactics in 3D.

It annoys me when you have a quality yougster, who is not apart of you first team plan, and you try to loan him out..........u get a loan offer from a club with a top trianing facilites and he will be a valuabile member of the first team; but the p**ck wont leave. We should be able to talk directly to yougster considering loan offers and be able to suggest clubs to them and reasons why they should go to that club

FM12 wish or a patch for FM11

It must be possible to make it that there is longer processing periods for Online games with a lot of others. In the OTF FMO during pre season we continue at a period of 15 minutes per continue and this is with "longer processing periods" ticked. This cant be that hard to add in to the game.

Whats the chances?!?

for those who enjoy staring unemployed i think you will know what i am talking about

when you take over a team from unemployed every player in the team then is given an asking price, which are ridicoulously high or low

so instead of having to change all of the players asking price, i would like an option when you take over a new club were it asks : asking price-- none or same as value or random

I would like to see. 1. something like touchline instructions on subs. On this you would be able to tell players to warm up to hint that you might be bringing him on soon and perhaps this could effect the player on the pitches performance in that position. 2. I also think that in modern times you should have to discipline palyers like the " Andy Carroll's" of football on poor behaviour off the field. For example, in a nightclub until late etc. Also add players that just fail drugs tests because these are becoming a regular occurences in real life football.

I'd like more board integration.

Arsene wenger's transfer policy mingled in with the arsenal board ethos for emerates. Giving them a great stadium and sound financial footings.

Saying to them instead of spending this much money on players I'd like for you to invest in an advertising campaign to bring more fans in, web design, team videos etc etc. Publicity. Maybe even options about extending overseas projects to boost our ability to both scout but also receive foreign investment.

I think possibly this may blur the line between what is fundamentally at its heart a football manager game, and not a football director game and some of the above decisions are made at exec level not manager level, but none the less I think its an interesting part of the game that is ignored quite often.

I remember a game on the pc in the 90s where you could design the stands in your stadium, the quality of the pitch, the shape of the ground, the shops around it, the car parks etc. You could even talk to sponsors for shirt deals and billboards. I think it was called ultimate football manager, was a great game.

Archived