Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Trials

Similar to the trial open days, but at the start of the season players who don't have a contract should take part in a match ,effectively a trial game, where all managers, scouts, coaches etc can 'view' the game.

They can then decide to buy or take a player on trial for a extended period.

Not sure but i think lower league clubs are able to watch Premiership players who have been released from their club, via the PFA.

Media

Even though the media side of the game is fine it can be improved.

More local media involvement as usually they are more likely to create pressure than the national media.

Media awards - North Eastern Writers PLayer of the Year etc.

Player Interation

More training ground bust ups when things are going wrong at the club "X dislikes Y" "X demands transfer".

For foreign players, they could "complain" to their own press, "Marca" like Luque or Reyes about the manager or speak about reported interest from their own country. Ths would lead to the manager having to have meeting with the player.

The manager and chairman should have monthly meetings to discuss transfers money for the transfer window and future developments.

An AGM which would be like a news item every year stating how the club has done financially (using the rich list to say if they have improved or decreased), reasons for this and future investments (if a takeover is in the process or there are rumours, a statement would be released.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a few ideas - they are really only cosmetic, but I would like to see them in the game as it's the little things that make the game really cool IMO.

Players Returning

- I'd like to see the match commentary make some comment if a player scores against his old club eg "and Darius Vassell has scored against his old club!!"

- If the player started at my club but never played a game, maybe the commentary could say something like "and Kevin Phillips scores against the club that released him as a teenager!!" or words to that effect

- I think the media should make a comment if I resign a new player, particularly if the player has a high rep or the fans really love him. For example "Return of The Messiah! Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is hoping to recapture old glories having resigned Patrick Vieira from Juventus. Arsenal fans are said to be delighted at the return of one of their heroes and are praising Wenger for signing him."

Records

- I would like to see record transfer fees mentioned in media items, for example "Chelsea have today smashed the world record transfer fee, splashing out £49 million for Internazionale's Adriano. This fee is £5 million more for the previous record fee which was the £45 million Real Madrid paid to Juventus for former France international Zinedine Zidane."

- Additionally, I'd like to see individual club transfer records mentioned. This used to be in one of the old SI games, 97/98 I think and I'd like to see them back with the relevant media item: "Leon Knight today became the most expensive player in Gillingham's history when Gills manager Ronnie Jepson paid Swansea £825,000 for the player's services. The previous record, which had stood for an incredible nine years, was for Carl Asaba who joined the Gills in a transfer worth £650,000 from Reading in 1998."

- More media items when a player is coming up to a goal/appearance/clean sheet record (both overall totals and seasonal), and these records to be kept in the game's database both on an individual club level, a league level and a world level. So you could have "Man United's Wayne Rooney will have one eye on the club's goalscoring charts when he faces Aston Villa today. Rooney, 32, is just two goals behind Man United legend Sir Bobby Charlton's all-time record of 199 league goals for the club." Or you could have "David Villa is closing in on Raul's record for most league goals in a season. Valencia striker David Villa is just one goal behind Real Madrid legend Raul's tally of 29 goals in the 2001/02 season." Or you could have "Scott Carson could make history today if he manages to keep a clean sheet in Liverpool's match against Rock Bottom Watford. Carson is just 56 minutes away from beating the current world record of 1,259 minutes without conceding a goal."

Player & Club Descriptions

- Currently, clubs are described as "surprise package" or "recently relegated" or a choice of others. I'd also like to see included "runaway leaders", "rock bottom", "giant killers", "<league name> high fliers", "struggling", "<league name> strugglers" "world champions" (International) and "European champions" (International). I like the idea of the pre-match review saying: "Runaway leaders Chelsea take on Premiership strugglers Middlesborough today", or "world champions Italy face Scotland in the Group C clash this evening".

- I'd just like to see box-to-box midfielder added. icon_smile.gif

I could go on, but I'm sure you're all bored by now!! I would like to see the game's media model updated though to better reflect the huge amount of difference in media involvement between managing in the Premiership and managing in the lower leagues. Also the higher the rep of your club, the more media involvement you have. E.g. if I manage Hibernian in Scotland, and then take over Celtic or Rangers I should notice the huge amount of extra media work I have to do. For those who don't like it, they can set their assistant to deal with the media (or at least a certain percentage of the media work).

Just my few ideas.

Not sure if it has been said, but I would like a "Partnership" feature. This would apply to Central Defenders, Central Midfielders and Strikers. Once a striker has played alongside another one, they will get a partnership rating. They can improve this partnership by working at it in training or being good friends etc ...

E.G. In real life, Germany's Lukas Podolski and Miroslav Klose, would have a bad partnership rating because they don't work too well with each other. But Colchesters pairing of Chris Iwulemo and Jamie Cureton would have a very high rating because their partnership is very good and understanding.

This could go in every players profile as a tab similar to the personal and transfer tabs that are already there.

I also agree with the newspaper idea for finding whats going on in all leagues, it could be displayed as a magazine like MATCH or SHOOT.

I would love to see more African leagues.

When I set up a game I usually make several teams in a particular region playable. So I can take jobs in, say, the UK, then Ireland, then Scotland, then Wales.

Can't do that if you're playing in South Africa.

With a growing number of the world's top players coming from African countries, it's about time more African leagues were present in the game. Nigeria. Ghana. Cameroon.

If any of you African guys out there think you know football, it's time to step up and become a researcher for SI!

Originally posted by davidbowie:

Scout reports on your own players.

I like most of your suggestions, davidbowie, and this is one of the best yet, and something I've been meaning to mention.

It is often very difficult to guess at the PA of your youngsters, as often there will be people with a PA that is quite low, but a CA that is quite high. And likewise, there are youngsters that have a PA that is quite high, but a CA that is quite low.

So normally, if you want to find out about a player, you send a scout to watch them a few times and you find out (for example) "Peter Green reckons that John Hartson is the strongest striker in the squad but Sturridge isn't far from that standard". "Peter Green thinks Sturridge has the potential to be a lot better than John Hartson's current level of ability" e.t.c, and you can get even more detail if you persist with the scouting.

However, with your own players, all you have is the Training>Overview Coach Report pane (for example: "Nigel Pearson reckons young striker Stefan Morrison is a decent member of our squad"), and that seems to be grossly inaccurate also, with the vast majority of players, from my reserves to my youngsters, being classed as "a decent member of our squad", even though Stefan Morrison is quite awful.

Basically, if a player is playing for you, you are actually at a disadvantage with regards to finding out information (especially with regards to PA) about him. What I would suggest, as davidbowie did, would be the ability to have scout report-style reports on him, except possibly from the Training>Overview page, where the almost entirely-useless "Coach Report" information is. It could replace that, or even have a separate panel, where your coaches give you information about the player.

Because currently the only real way to see how promising your players are is to save the game, then create a few new managers, get their scouts on your players, then read up, before re-loading the game again.

Surely you should know more about your own players than other teams potentially can?

I'm happy with the vast majority of FM07, but this is just one oversight which isn't really too big a thing seeing how these scout reports are new, but it surely shouldn't take too much coding to include the ability to "look at" your own players?

I suggested this before but in a thread that seems to have drowned.

I reckon when we go on holiday we should be able to choose to do a private scouting mission. Choose a destination(country/continent) and the length of time you intend to holiday for, then the game would give you a list of the games that are being played in the time your there. You could then select the games you want to view and do your own scouting.

This may not be needed for managing a high reputation club that can scout everywhere, but it could be for managers who can't scout outside their own club or continent.

This could also be a way of doing something with your own wages, not that I care about that but I've seen a few people wanting to do something with their own money in the game.

Originally posted by HonkyDick:

This could also be a way of doing something with your own wages, not that I care about that but I've seen a few people wanting to do something with their own money in the game.

Yes. Normally, when negotiating a new contract, I try to negotiate the lowest possible wages for myself, so as not to take away finances from my club when it isn't being used for anything at all. Your own salary may as well be money being poured onto the ground once a week, so I try to make it as low as possible. This would be a way to use it without introducing trivial, un-necessary things like Strip Club mode.

When you start the game you have to be an assistant manager and you have to prove yourself with the Youth or reserve leagues with no transfers and your manager snapping any promising players up from you icon_biggrin.gif and you can buy a lower league plug-in sorta patch thingy thay enables you to play leagues such as the rymans, istmians and the southern premier?

1.Assistant manager giving you tactical advise whilst in game

i.e. Player X should be asked to cover player Y as the opposition/player P is very strong in 'that' area

we should play very deep due to the pace of say Henry and our lack of pace at the back

2.Youngsters learning some technical stuff as well when under tutoring

i.e. Zigic should teach youngsters to head the ball like him

3.Having option of no tackling

4.the assistant manager whilst managing under18s and reserves game should do a bit of scouting

5.The board should be willing to review top wage for a player if the wages are lower than the wage budget

i.e.my wage budget was 110k.i was paying 75k in wages.my top player wanted 20k as his wage whilst my top wage was 11k.the board should allow me to offer him 20k

6.Team talks esp. for away games.

i.e. my team leading 2-0 conceded 3 goals in 2nd half b/c it was an away game and my teamtalk of pleased made them very complacent[we were leadin fairly too].Should hv been 'Pleased but dont concede'

Dunno if they have been mentioned before but here are some ideas:

1) Give substitutions personal instructions before they go on. When in your tactics and you select a sub to come on, a drop down list could appear(like pre/half/post match comments) beside the sub with comments like "You could turn this match for us" etc.

2)Perhaps comments during games could be made aswell? Managers constantly shout instructions praise and rollickings at players during games.

3) An option to have private meetings with your players. Making comments through the media is great but as manager you shouldnt have to air your dirty laundry in public. The current interaction module is a very good idea but some new additions to it would be great. For example, If you arent happy with a players form you shouldnt have to spout it all over the media when a private chat would be more realistic and professional. Players could also ask for a private chat with you aswell if they are unhappy with their contract or want more first team action etc.

4) Players dont always get on in game(as it should be) so perhaps an option as manager to try and get these players to resolve their problems. It could have positive results, where the players begin to like each other or negative results, where their relationship is unrepairable. This idea could be put in as part of the private meetings idea as another option because again, these are the sorts of problems that for the most part the public never see or hear, what happens in the dressing room stays there.

Although this thread is quite jocular, there are afew things I would like to see.

1. Scottish League teams often take players on trial and play them in competitive games, yet this seldom happens in gameplay.

2. Different clubs should have different chants.

3. All Premiership and Scottish League Clubs should have their badges uploaded.

4. Postponements should be added.

5. Abandonements should be added.

6. It should be possible for a player to die.

7. Clubs should be able to play friendlies with countries.

I'd like to see better training reports, for example, you assistant manager would not only tell you who has and hasn't trained well but would also make suggestions on particular areas of a player's game that needs improving and maybe recommend a training schedule for this.

Another thing I feel should be introduced is an extra clause when selling players. IRL Wayne Rooney recently signed a contract extension which triggered a payment of £1.5m to Everton from Man Utd as part of his transfer deal. I feel this would be great seeing as too often we miss out on the benefit of putting a sell-on clause into a deal because they continually sign extensions at their new club and eventually are either released or are snapped up on a bosman. This would be a great way to get some more cash out of a club after a player has been sold. Thoughts?

Have mentioned this in a new topic but thought I should add it to this thread as well.

Ok on to my idea on how to improve a club's budget. For the last few versions You are given a budget and you can't spend more than this. Although in principle this is a good idea I feel it has limitations.

Every club wants success and so shouldn't be limited to a strict budget and the ability to go over the budget and bring in extra players can make a big difference from avoiding relegation to getting into the lucrative position of champions league.

For example, you may spend most of you budget and have say £1m left, then an amazing player who is seen as essential for your team comes available and you can buy him for £4m meaning you need to raise £3m. However, by the time you sell players and raise the £3m needed the player you wanted to buy has now gone.

As a result of this I feel several changes need to be made.

1. You are given a seasonal budget that you have to stick to for that season but allowances are made. For example, your budget is £10m and the season runs from 1/7/2006 - 30/6/06. You are able to overspend the £10m as long as you can recoup this amount by the end of the season. So you can spend £20m on players in August as long as you recoup £10m in January so the overall spending you made is what was budgeted ie. £10m

2. Relate the budget to team performance. For example, you may be given a £5m transfer budget and the board expectation is to achieve a safe mid-table position. If by January you have spent £10m and are in a position where Champions League is possible the board may feel spending £10m is fine and even grant you more money to try and guarantee Champions League football.

3. Buying players who will have a big impact on merchandise doesn't come out of your transfer budget as the money spend will be regained through merchandise sales. This could be implemented by giving each player a merchandise value. The obvious example is David Beckham.

4. Link transfer budget to forecasted revenues and predicted success. For example, going on a cup run where success wasn't expected increases revenue and so more money is available for improving the team.

Please keep in mind though that if you do over-spend and you do not over-achieve original expectations to suffer consequences. This can be to having no transfer budget next season or if you put the clubs' future in jeopardy financially to be sacked.

Set Pieces still **** me off. I would like to tell the player where to stand, not who to mark as it ends up being random. A return of the positioning screen back in the old CM series when you could say where the player should be standing when the ball is in that area.

Also. I'd like players to have permenant instructions attatched to them so you don't have to go through massive changes of everything including set pieces when you bring on a DM for a SC. Because Makelele's is going to know that he's not meant to be going up front. Just a bit time saving basically.

Originally posted by GillsMan:

I have a few ideas - they are really only cosmetic, but I would like to see them in the game as it's the little things that make the game really cool IMO.

Players Returning

- I'd like to see the match commentary make some comment if a player scores against his old club eg "and Darius Vassell has scored against his old club!!"

- If the player started at my club but never played a game, maybe the commentary could say something like "and Kevin Phillips scores against the club that released him as a teenager!!" or words to that effect

- I think the media should make a comment if I resign a new player, particularly if the player has a high rep or the fans really love him. For example "Return of The Messiah! Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is hoping to recapture old glories having resigned Patrick Vieira from Juventus. Arsenal fans are said to be delighted at the return of one of their heroes and are praising Wenger for signing him."

Records

- I would like to see record transfer fees mentioned in media items, for example "Chelsea have today smashed the world record transfer fee, splashing out £49 million for Internazionale's Adriano. This fee is £5 million more for the previous record fee which was the £45 million Real Madrid paid to Juventus for former France international Zinedine Zidane."

- Additionally, I'd like to see individual club transfer records mentioned. This used to be in one of the old SI games, 97/98 I think and I'd like to see them back with the relevant media item: "Leon Knight today became the most expensive player in Gillingham's history when Gills manager Ronnie Jepson paid Swansea £825,000 for the player's services. The previous record, which had stood for an incredible nine years, was for Carl Asaba who joined the Gills in a transfer worth £650,000 from Reading in 1998."

- More media items when a player is coming up to a goal/appearance/clean sheet record (both overall totals and seasonal), and these records to be kept in the game's database both on an individual club level, a league level and a world level. So you could have "Man United's Wayne Rooney will have one eye on the club's goalscoring charts when he faces Aston Villa today. Rooney, 32, is just two goals behind Man United legend Sir Bobby Charlton's all-time record of 199 league goals for the club." Or you could have "David Villa is closing in on Raul's record for most league goals in a season. Valencia striker David Villa is just one goal behind Real Madrid legend Raul's tally of 29 goals in the 2001/02 season." Or you could have "Scott Carson could make history today if he manages to keep a clean sheet in Liverpool's match against Rock Bottom Watford. Carson is just 56 minutes away from beating the current world record of 1,259 minutes without conceding a goal."

Player & Club Descriptions

- Currently, clubs are described as "surprise package" or "recently relegated" or a choice of others. I'd also like to see included "runaway leaders", "rock bottom", "giant killers", "<league name> high fliers", "struggling", "<league name> strugglers" "world champions" (International) and "European champions" (International). I like the idea of the pre-match review saying: "Runaway leaders Chelsea take on Premiership strugglers Middlesborough today", or "world champions Italy face Scotland in the Group C clash this evening".

- I'd just like to see box-to-box midfielder added. icon_smile.gif

I could go on, but I'm sure you're all bored by now!! I would like to see the game's media model updated though to better reflect the huge amount of difference in media involvement between managing in the Premiership and managing in the lower leagues. Also the higher the rep of your club, the more media involvement you have. E.g. if I manage Hibernian in Scotland, and then take over Celtic or Rangers I should notice the huge amount of extra media work I have to do. For those who don't like it, they can set their assistant to deal with the media (or at least a certain percentage of the media work).

Just my few ideas.

I like these ideas should definately be included in FM 08

icon14.gif

More interaction between club and international managers. International managers usually try to spark up a decent working relationship with club managers for the release of their players. There is communication between both regarding the fitness of players etc

Originally posted by tom69er:

i dont know if anyones already said this but the only thing i think it needs is 3d match engine

Oh dear god no, the amount of detail needed to warrant that and make it half-decent would kill the game because you wouldnt be able to get all the players done to a realistic level. It would ruin the game

i would like clubs to stop enquiring over and over about a player i ahve already set an asking price for! i have had 2 months of Juventus constantly enquiring about Philippe Senderos when i have already stipulated an £8,000,000 price tag

Players shouldnt ignore their managers team talks so this aspect of the teamtalk module should be either erased or seriously played down. It is very hard to not to repeat yourself when you have a very limited choice of things to say.

Do you honestly think Alex Ferguson would tolerate players just sitting there twiddling their thumbs while he gave last minute tactical orders???

No he wouldnt, if he caught a player doing it they would be out of United in a heartbeat. Plus players are supposed (for the most part )to be professional and they all want to win so it would be in their best interest to pay attention to team talks.

board room -> request youth academy

board room -> improve youth academy

youth academy could have a limit of no of youth players that can be there. the limit is set to its state of level. so a starter youth academy can only have 6 players and an excellent can have 30. The players at this academy could train more than the normal U18 players and could be a better place for them to develop faster.

when a team offer to extend a loan contract to end of season the game should list on the contract offer screen what date that would be. ( or even better always show that )

I'm in november 2009 and a swedish team have offered to extend a loan deal of one of my player. Since the swedish seasons ends in december, I'm a bit confused if the loan deal is just 1 more month or 1 full new season.

Better financial balance

I think the financial side of the game should be strenghtened. I know Fm doesnt want to go a way where you take over the financial part of the game as you are only supposed to be manager. But if this is not going to happen it should at least be harder to gain money, thereby avoiding 100 mill. transfers all over.

IRL a lot of clubs in europe struggle to keep themselves alive financially. This should be seen more in the game.

To see on the club information screen if any improvement of training / youth setup is in progress and a deadline when the improvement is done. ( just stadium expansion ).

It's kinda annoying to request the board from time to time and they accept to improve and nothing happens.

Hummm....

1) Stadiums. I know this would be hard, but some sort of map of your stadium, so you can choose which bit to redevlop, name each stand ect. You could also choose designs, and have to factor in cost wiuth long term reward and your budget ect. I would really like to have a chocie of which stand to redevlop at the city ground, rarther than just being tol 'the east stand has been developed' again and again...hell that stand must now seat about 40,000 people- and the City Ground dosn't have an east stand.

2) Stop the repeated requests from people to sign your players, ocne you've said hands off its hands off.

3) more Chairman interaction

4) Leave the match engine alone it's perfect, a little more commentry veriaty would be nice though. (See other peoples ideas)

5) Recognition if someones someones brother/son or whatever.

Originally posted by evertonian88:

Improved Training Reports

I'd like to see better training reports, for example, you assistant manager would not only tell you who has and hasn't trained well but would also make suggestions on particular areas of a player's game that needs improving and maybe recommend a training schedule for this.

Contract Extension ClauseAnother thing I feel should be introduced is an extra clause when selling players. IRL Wayne Rooney recently signed a contract extension which triggered a payment of £1.5m to Everton from Man Utd as part of his transfer deal. I feel this would be great seeing as too often we miss out on the benefit of putting a sell-on clause into a deal because they continually sign extensions at their new club and eventually are either released or are snapped up on a bosman. This would be a great way to get some more cash out of a club after a player has been sold. Thoughts?

Any thoughts on these guys?

Originally posted by WharfedaleRED:

1) Stadiums. I know this would be hard, but some sort of map of your stadium, so you can choose which bit to redevlop, name each stand ect. You could also choose designs, and have to factor in cost wiuth long term reward and your budget ect. I would really like to have a chocie of which stand to redevlop at the city ground, rarther than just being tol 'the east stand has been developed' again and again...hell that stand must now seat about 40,000 people- and the City Ground dosn't have an east stand.

No thanks, not the managers job tbf

-To be able to see your manager pacing about the touchline during games.

-To be able to shout orders from the touchline to a single player and shout at a player because he made a poor pass.

-More foreign takeovers that inject money into a club.

-Media make up pure speculation e.g. say your interested in someone who isn't on your shortlist.

-More manager/chairman interaction

-More manager/player interaction

-Assistant also recommends a formation in his Team report

-More in-depth training

-To be able to go on training camps

-To be able to have Warm-Up matches before a major international tournament.

option to arrange cups in other countrys (eg when Lpool and Celtic and Milan had one in the USA a couple of years ago.

Traning camps

Tactical advice from ass. manager @ half time

Be able to improve feeder clubs facilities and (as Man Utd have done with Antwerp) reccomend manager for feeder club.

Archived