Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

I'd like the ability to declare interest in an international job when the manager's status is insecure. I'd also like to see international managers have contracts as they do in real life.

I agree. I would like to see that too in FM11. :thup:

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you take over a club, the press conference should have questions regarding the previous management set-up and about your relationship with the previous manager. (although on that note, when the press ask me about my relationships with certain people, why can't i just say i don't know the guy? I've been playing as Boavista and find it annoying that i have to either like or dislike all my opposite numbers or tell the journalist to push off, when what i want to say is: "Look buddy, i took this job as a challenge; i want to get Boavista back from obscurity, ok? Believe it or not, i don't know the ins and outs of the portuguese second division - North and what's more this is my first management job and there's no way i've had time to form any opinions on these people. I've got no clue about who any of these people are you keep aksin me about" I realise that this answer is very specific to my situation but, i feel that this particular question is missing a possible answer.)

Anyway, it'd also be nice to have the option of commenting on your club's previous manager through the interaction feature, especially when they get a new job. It'd be good to say to the press that for example, the team is in a mess due to the previous management and you now face an uphill struggle to avoid relegation/reach the play-offs or whatever. There should also be similar interaction options for former players, where you could say stuff like you believe the previous management was wrong to offload [Joe Bloggs] and if that player wished to return to the club, you would do your best to sign him back on. It'd also be cool to see stuff like this in press conferences, eg. "Your predecessor, [John Smith] decided to sell former team captain [Joe Bloggs] to Coventry, a deal which will go through in the next transfer window. How do feel about losing a player of such importance to the team?" and maybe"Is there any chance of negotiating the cancellation of this transfer, given your respect for [Joe Bloggs] and desire to keep him at the club?" and "Do you feel it is worth giving back the reported transfer fee of £500,000, possibly with added compensation, in order to keep hold of [Joe Bloggs] who was clearly happy to leave, and do you feel you can convince [bloggs] that he would be better off staying with the club?"

al i can say is, steve harper, at newcastle for what, 13 seasons now, only just made his 125th appearance (if hes made that yet) never complaining about it in his life, hero? money grabber? or would he demand a request for transfer after not playing for 10 games in the season?? think about it?

if your implying harper stayed with newcastle for money then your wrong hes a fan of the club he was happy to stay.

I suspect this has been mentioned before, but something that really bugs me is how often a player will sign for a club for a significant amount of money, spend a couple of seasons only being played occasionally and doing poorly when he does, then getting bought buy another club for more than they paid for him. I've seen it happen many times where a player cost about £10m, barely playing for two seasons, then signing for someone else for like £18m. In reality, his value would have dropped considerably. I could even accept his value staying the same in some cases, but I can't imagine a scenario where a players value actually increases after such a poor stint at a club. You could maybe point at Wayne Bridge's move from Chelsea to Man City, but he usually did well for Chelsea, he just had injury problems. And the fact that it's a deal between two ultra-rich clubs had a lot to do with the inflated transfer fee. This happens with your average clubs on FM. And to be honest, it's not the fact that it happens that bothers me, it's how often it happens. It really kills the realism of the in-game football world.

So on my wishlist is a bit of tinkering with the AI in regards to transfers. I think a players form should have a lot more weight in his market valuation.

Ok, Ive been doing alot of thinking about all the threads ive been reading on here and what i want to see from the new FM games, 2011,2012,1013 etc.

I think we all agree that the actualy football side (ie matches) are pretty good, the 3d pitches, the actual game play, just need tweaks to introduce more skills, player movements and minor stuff that will come together, lets be honest, we all want to complete the season and win more than watch the little men run around, but as we can see the little men, lets add the detail.

So we are all pretty much agreed that we want to see the off-field improved, even if it is just progressionally, so my advice on little things.

Training: This has to be improved, we need to get more in-depth with the training schedules, as well as making sure that players actual improve, the best coaches in the world only having to coach one aspect of the game (shooting for example) should be able to lift a young strikers finishing from 10 to 15 inside 2/3 seasons, especially if they are also recieving advice from a mentor. I also feel that coaches from foreign countries should use different techniques to help train the players, for example a coach from brazil would encourage flair to improve from the nature of his coaching, where as an italian coach would improve concentration, or something along those lines to reflect a coaches knowledge and personal skills

Interaction: As managers we should be able to play better mind games with opposition managers and players, i hate not being able to tell the oppositions best centre backs that he is a weakness because hes old and slow, putting doubt in the back of a players head, also picking my own players up by telling them they are better than their opposite number, torres vs vidic springs to mind.

Transfers: This has to change, i had to offer £44M for aaron lennon to be allowed to find a contract, then a day later Shaktar have a bit of £9m accepted, what is that all about? every player has their price, but how can it be such a massive difference? some consistentcy is needed, just because your a new manager doesnt mean your a complete idiot with transfers, thats the way i see it.

Tactics: Lots of threads comment on the tactics of both the players and the team itself, definately needs the on ball and off ball tactics, for example the wide 4141 to 4 3 2 1 formation that almost every team in the premier league seem to play. Also with the players tactics, its all well and good telling a player how you want him to play, but micheal owen is a poacher, nothing more, nothing less, so why should i be able to tell him to be a target man? it wouldnt happen, players have their own styles and i think that should be included, so you can select the way you want a player to play out of 2/3 options that best suit that players attributes.

Non season: Lower league clubs need money, but us (as the manager) have no say in how to get that money other than selling players, why not be able to open the club up for tours for the fans to get closer to the club, and also lowering ticket prices for small matches, man utd vs barnet at old trafford wouldnt bring a 75000 crowd, unless the price of a ticket was maybe £5? something to think about

The Manager: We, As managers, need to be more involved, in my opinion, we have massive contracts for doing well, but no life to spend the money on, why not let us learn languages, have a life away from football, allow us to have coaching stats like every other manager does, why cant we be great motivators and have excellent technique coaching skills? i do believe these 2 things are desperately needed in the newer releases.

Backroom Staff: I think that FM also needs to introduce more backroom staff, finance managers, construction managers, secretaries, psychologists and nutritionists, we all know that finance, psychology and food has huge effects on players and everyone else, so lets get them more involved, plus physios? what is their purpose, they are either very good physios, that reduce injuries, or they are useless, unfortunatly its the later, maybe changing their role to club doctor, chief medical adviser, on pitch physio, back room physio, would be better, as well as letting them recommend players with constant injury problems to go off for surgery. Plus i would like to see constructions managers that work closely with the scouts and you as the manager to build sports academies/youth camps/centres of excellents, whatever you want to call them, up and down the country you are in, as well as abroad to help introduce the best young talent to your team to help benfit you in the future

I will say, i know alot of people that have lost interest in the football manager games because they are getting too in-depth and have alot of friends that prefer the original game that is cm01-02, arguably a great game, so maybe the game does need to divide between a simple game and an in-depth game for those that prefer football, and those that prefer all the managing side of things,

Feel free to reply to this thread with other ideas or criticism. These are just little things that i personally, as a total managing player of football manager would like to see.

if your implying harper stayed with newcastle for money then your wrong hes a fan of the club he was happy to stay.

not at all, that is my point, the amount of players that complain on FM for not playing when its simply ridiculous, Steve never complained about not playing, yet a back up will want to transfer after just 3 months of not playing, it just doesnt happen when you know your the second keeper, or ever if your second to like messi or something, the player will want to leave, its not that real

Both training and interaction have both been announced as been revamped in FM11. :thup:

Take a look at the announcement video found on the www.footballmanager.com

if this is aimed at my comment, then i have seen the video and look forward to the changes, but just want to emphasis the kind of changes to the training that we want to see, thats all that im saying, and the same with the interaction, i know they have updated and revamped it, hopefully improving it a long way from 2010, but again just making sure they understand the level of interaction we are looking for, well i am looking for.

You can start as a player manager

You get average playing stats that match your team, id say you can choose the position yourself, and average managerial stats. The manager stats won’t really improve while you’re playing, but as you get on your player stats drop and you eventually need to decide “Do I need to hang up my boots and concentrate on managing, or do I have one more season in me?” once you finish playing your manager stats will be ‘unlocked’ and able to improve and so on?

Interaction: As managers we should be able to play better mind games with opposition managers and players, i hate not being able to tell the oppositions best centre backs that he is a weakness because hes old and slow, putting doubt in the back of a players head, also picking my own players up by telling them they are better than their opposite number, torres vs vidic springs to mind.

There are meant to be more interaction options in FM11. :thup:

Transfers: This has to change' date=' i had to offer £44M for aaron lennon to be allowed to find a contract, then a day later Shaktar have a bit of £9m accepted, what is that all about? every player has their price, but how can it be such a massive difference? some consistentcy is needed, just because your a new manager doesnt mean your a complete idiot with transfers, thats the way i see it.[/quote']

With this, you've got to look at the factors. How long did you spend following Lennon with the intent to buy, saying you're interested in him and praising him? Shaktar or Shaktar's manager might have a better relationship with the selling club or Lennon than you. Did you offer over the odds right from the off or negotiate? The reputatiion differences between yourself and Shaktar's manager, the two leagues you're in, and the club you are will also make a difference.

All your other ideas I think are good, though you may be going a little overboard with how in-depth you want staff to be.

Backroom Staff: I think that FM also needs to introduce more backroom staff, finance managers, construction managers, secretaries, psychologists and nutritionists, we all know that finance, psychology and food has huge effects on players and everyone else, so lets get them more involved, plus physios? what is their purpose, they are either very good physios, that reduce injuries, or they are useless, unfortunatly its the later, maybe changing their role to club doctor, chief medical adviser, on pitch physio, back room physio, would be better, as well as letting them recommend players with constant injury problems to go off for surgery. Plus i would like to see constructions managers that work closely with the scouts and you as the manager to build sports academies/youth camps/centres of excellents, whatever you want to call them, up and down the country you are in, as well as abroad to help introduce the best young talent to your team to help benfit you in the future

I was thinking this last night, although my first thought was a groundsman. Since we have pitch condition in the game now, hiring a groundsman seems to make sense. Plus, I don't think finding out the info on the groundsman for each club would be any more difficult than finding it for physios and the like. The staff section does need a bit of a revamp I think, with reserve team / youth team managers having their own specific roles. Directors of football need to be incorporated further than a cosmetic feature. I don't know why chairmen are still unviewable in-game. If we're deciding which teams offer to accept, knowing a bit about the chairman's personality and resources is vital, just being able to see his name is a bit shoddy considering how far this series has come. As you said, doctors and nutritionists would be welcome additions too. I think it'd be too much to hope for a staff revamp to be a yet unannounced feature in FM11, but at least some progress in that area for FM12 is needed.

I think SI needs to get the license to use the official Champions League and Europa League in their games. Then each match in these tournaments could be started with an awesome intro like this to build atmosphere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbq604rOsUY

Also, instead of the match starting directly, you should see the players march in and all players presented for the spectators.

I am not sure if it has been mentioned before but I would like to see the fans happiness with players performance. I know there already is that on a 5 game basis but I would like to see fans confidence in players throughout the season. Like an overall season confidence from the fans. Basically this can show us who is most likely to get fans player of the year and what not. As well I would like media options to say that my player is having a good season thus far blah blah blah not just is in good form at the moment.

Some minor suggestions:

If a player is rated as a set-piece-taker, captain, playmaker or targetman, that should be included in the player profile, for example:

Danielos Andersoni

Vice-captain

2nd left Corner-taker

3rd Free-Kick taker

Also, there should be statistics available for an average of all your attributes in your team or among a group in your teams, for example your defenders. It should be possible for example to see the average rating for stamina in your squad and to filter it out to only see the average rating for a certain position, for example your central midfielders. That would make it easier to asses the average strengths and weaknesses in your team.

For example:

Halmstads BK

Average stamina: 10,6

Halmstads BK strikers

Average heading: 12,7

and so on...

I think every club should be able to be located on a world map instead of going through long and tedious menus. If you for example click on Sweden on the world map, you would zoom in on that country and see where all Swedish clubs in the game are located. This map-feature should be included in the "information" of each club as well.

Would like to see your own Manager Biography career history set up as it is for players.

I hope that gets to be in FM11. Would be really nice feature and media could take osmething from that biography when talking about manager. :thup:

In general, I'd just like more details to do with youth development. I want to steer the development of my youth, and equip him with the tools needed to become the next Zinedine Zidane. From what I've seen thus far from the moderators, this seems to be the focus because almost everything else has been done to death. You can tweak manager interaction so far. I don't play for that sort of thing, I play because I like finding good players.

Couple More Suggestions:

Tactics: Id love to see a new tactics arena inside the fm2011/12/13 games where we can create our own set pieces, that would be pretty cool, also a second kicker needs to be added for when in-direct set pieces are won, you suddenly have your centre back shooting for 40yards like your main free kick taker would

Players: I would also like to see a new development tool particularly used by scouts to see if a player could step up to a higher league, Adam Johnson for example was a good player at Middlesborough, but is now an exceptional one for Man City as he has moved up, attributes being more league friendly, great goal scorers in the championship are almost always average in the premier league, this should be reflected in the attributes

Attribute: For the attributes themselves, i would like to see some more incorporated into the system, such as shot power for outfielder, and shot stopping for goalkeepers and other little additions to help you pick the right players, Buffon for example and european goal keepers are great shot stoppers but cant handle toffee, some more to think about :)

I think it would be nice if the game went away from the current dull Powerpoint-presentation-look and instead had something like this:

The overview screen is a 3D-picture of your manager-office. In it are several objects that can be clicked to get to the proper sub-menus:

* Computer: Get you to a within-the-game Windows computer screen with an "In-box", "Save" and "Options"-shortcuts

* Window with football field seen through it. Get you to Training-menus

* Newspaper with sport sections on your desk: Get you to Tables and League-statistics

* World map on wall: Get you to Scouting

* Team picture on wall: Enables you to access your squad

* Tactics chart on desk (filled with arrows): Go to Tactics

* Door: For a meeting with the board

* Football lying on floor: Go to match

* Shelf with files and folders: Access statistics and finances for your club

And so on. Also, add some good and proper sound effects when accessing each of these options

When you compare two players you should have the following colour-coding of the comparison bars:

Green: if selected player is better in that attribute (darker green for more difference)

Yellow: if players are equal

Red: if selected player is worse in that attribute (darker red for more difference)

I think the Transfer Centre should include an archive-section so you can look up players you have sold. Sometimes it can be interesting to see how they are doing in their new clubs and careers but as it is now, it is hard to find them in the game if you dont remember their name and what club you sold them to.

I think the Transfer Centre should include an archive-section so you can look up players you have sold. Sometimes it can be interesting to see how they are doing in their new clubs and careers but as it is now, it is hard to find them in the game if you dont remember their name and what club you sold them to.

and can the press conferences stop going on about players playing against their former club (players youve sold obviously) like 4 seasons after you sold them??? would be much better

I posted my suggestions there. All feedback welcome

Have you tried "Transfer history" ?

When you compare two players you should have the following colour-coding of the comparison bars:

Green: if selected player is better in that attribute (darker green for more difference)

Yellow: if players are equal

Red: if selected player is worse in that attribute (darker red for more difference)

It used to be like this in first CM's, until don't remember which one, IIRC. However, with those, you would lose the blue attributes for good ratings (16 and above). Sometimes these good ratings are only what matters. I don't know what I would prefer though, as it s been a while I haven't tried the old way.

I think it would be nice if the game went away from the current dull Powerpoint-presentation-look and instead had something like this:

The overview screen is a 3D-picture of your manager-office. In it are several objects that can be clicked to get to the proper sub-menus:

* Computer: Get you to a within-the-game Windows computer screen with an "In-box", "Save" and "Options"-shortcuts

* Window with football field seen through it. Get you to Training-menus

* Newspaper with sport sections on your desk: Get you to Tables and League-statistics

* World map on wall: Get you to Scouting

* Team picture on wall: Enables you to access your squad

* Tactics chart on desk (filled with arrows): Go to Tactics

* Door: For a meeting with the board

* Football lying on floor: Go to match

* Shelf with files and folders: Access statistics and finances for your club

And so on. Also, add some good and proper sound effects when accessing each of these options

I don't like this idea. I don't remember in what game I saw something like this, but I was lost sometimes in finding what I needed, plus game atmosphere was kind of "cold" and sad, and current display is CM/FM signature or trademark. There are things you should never change in FM I think and this one belongs to them :).

Not sure if this has been mentioned or improved in fm11 , i find that in fm10 i was always having other clubs trying to offer contracts to my coaches? and it happened a lot ? dont know if this is realistic or not.

also when offering players to clubs it was very hard to get clubs from abroad to make offers? it would only be clubs from my own league.

Would love for FM to bring in commentators. There are times when I play FM on a window and I have other stuff to do. How great would it be to be say doing work and listening to your game in the back ground? However will only work for certain speeds. Like say the middle 3/4 sliders and would take extensive work but something maybe in the long term.

Also, setting up exact training drills, 100's of options listed which are used in every day footballer's lives. setting up weekly schedules or monthly. Allowing you to concentrate on the way your team plays i.e. more possesion/shape pattern or high tempo 5-a-side games, where training influences how you play. or tasks for groups like strikers, go off to work finishing from crosses, one on one's etc....if people are confused and don't want too....just press "ask assistant" or chose a list of options such as.

*possesion based sessions*

*shape based sessions*

*high physical sessions*

*specific position sessions*

*attacking sessions*

*defensive sessions*

and it automatically fillls it out for you indefinately.

then after that, being able to watch training! (talking yeaaaaaaaaars on that though)

More managerial stats/attributes. More opinions on you, articles, fans opinions you can read.

Being able to fly over to countries at your financial expense to watch a player you can't see stats for.

Better print out formatting for statistics, tables, match recaps etc..............It would be nice to print out in color with the logo's.

Being able to play in commissioner mode would be helpful for playing a season as authentic as possible (controlling transfers to match real life transfers, rather then the game going haywire with unrealistic transfers in the January window).

Maybe this has improved since FM08 (the version I play), but SI really needs to do something about the match odds and match preview. The game really needs to take into account the relative league positions and forms of the two teams. It seems strange to see that I "face the impossible" with awkward odds for my team when my club actually is doing better than my opponent in the league.

I would like to see that you can sign specific coaches to help you develop the players

Would like it when you can sign sponsor contracts for the club or sell advertising space in newspapers or on the boards around the field, sell your corporate boxes to big company names

And I want to be able to also change the colours of the GK outfits, not just 2 colours green like now

i think they should scrap the current interview set up as its predictable and boring, throw in some different questions please!!!, i no longer need to read anything and know which relevant boxes to tick.....also on match day the team talk options are limited and pretty naff....wheres the option to kick a footy boot at beckhams head if ur 3-0 down to bradford city in the carling cup...also when it comes to board summarys, why is it always an abberation to sell some players, i mean i sold berbatov and foster i should be commended not slaughtered....the latter of the 2 players felt he needed a new challenge after he won the quaddruple, i granted his wish and he's now playing 4 wolves in a relegation scrap. daft...... talking of the board why can't i confront my chairman when he's selling off my players that i want to keep, not to mention some players just wont sign at any costs....we all know football players are motivated by greed just look at tevez as an example, so why cant i sign relatively average players when i'm throwing 10 times the wage at a player who will then go on to choose a team of equal of lower status for peanuts wage when it aint a favoured team....bring back the whizzkid Mascio form fm2009 my man utd team just aint the same, rare to find a decent deadball specialist on fm2010

In the tactic section I'd like to have the possibility to place the players freely on the pitch instead of selecting predefined positions. Sure you can tweak the mentality and pressing settings, but some positions just can't be implemented like this. Accordingly a heat map in the match analysis would be great. That could really help adjusting mentality settings and spotting gaps in your formation

In the tactic section I'd like to have the possibility to place the players freely on the pitch instead of selecting predefined positions. Sure you can tweak the mentality and pressing settings, but some positions just can't be implemented like this. Accordingly a heat map in the match analysis would be great. That could really help adjusting mentality settings and spotting gaps in your formation

Free placement is an admirable aim but it will throw up so much ME grief that I think we are a long way off seeing this. As for heat maps, maybe you should check out the FM11 blogs or podcasts.

Another thing I'd like to see improved is pressing. Right now it's more or less about how fast a player is stepping out of position to attack the opponent if he's got the ball. To me it's more like an individual aggressiveness setting than pressing really. Pressing how I'd like to set it up would be more like several players moving towards the opponents player with the ball denying him space. It's not one individual stepping out to attack but a whole band of players tightening around the ball (and probably leaving a player on the far side of the pitch unmarked). I know this might be very difficult to simulate, but hey, just wishing

An annoying thing in the game is the lack of accuracy with goalkeepers, the squad status isn't good enough. The 2nd,3rd,... goalkeepers will be unhappy if you don't play them but in real life you don't see these goalkeepers going to the press and complaining about playing time, they know their role in the team.

the game should have a different squad status system for goalees so you could choose your 1st, 2nd,... goalee when signing a player instead of key player, first team, rotation,... .

One more feature I want is a list during the season for the current leaders in the run for the golden boot (of europe not a specific league which there is) its really annoying not knowing where your player chances stand. I am playing in the Israeli League and cristaldo is having an amazing season with 40 goals after 27 weeks (8 more to go). I know I need twice the goals of the rest beacuase it is the israeli league (hopefully the dynamic league in fm11 will solve this problem) but I know only the top scorers in england (loaded, playable) and spain (loaded, unplayable).

Obviously a bit mad to say certain things now as release is close by but a couple of things I'd like to see

Similar to the news items a chance to decide what leagues we want active - I love playing in front of one man and his dog but to get to step 10 you need a super pc! Would be nice to select leagues above/below/parallel to be active and others in the backround (then depending on promotion / relegation change them)

A chance to discuss long term goals when negotiating a new contract, eg this season survive but in 5 years we will be in Premier League

Players asking for trials / to join you. Example in one save I found a player had been on a free transfer for 3 seasons - in reality that same player contacted and signed a short term deal for a non-league club to keep himself fit and put himself in the 'shop window'

But very much looking forward to the new game and the millions of posts re how hard it has been made etc etc etc

Archived