Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Jose Mourinho is new Barcelona Manager. The old Manager is never deleted, he can still get appointed at other clubs.

Delete him before starting the game using the editor and then use the editor data file with him deleted just for that game where you can become him.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think i've read somewhere that director of football mode was intended to be in 2010 edition, so is it safe to say that next year we can play as director of football? can SI confirm this? I mean confirm this SI! if it's going to be ingame I'm buying this game 200%

I think i've read somewhere that director of football mode was intended to be in 2010 edition, so is it safe to say that next year we can play as director of football? can SI confirm this? I mean confirm this SI! if it's going to be ingame I'm buying this game 200%

Oh God please no!

Oh God please no!

Why not? That would be a great feature to have ingame. I personally don't like the part where you manage the team in actual games, being director of football would be just amazing.

Why not? That would be a great feature to have ingame. I personally don't like the part where you manage the team in actual games, being director of football would be just amazing.

If director of football mode means you just buying and selling players, thats more like what I like to do but I also like to make sure which players I buy play and the manager of your team might not see it that way. That is why I usually set my team and tactics then holiday the game.

I get much more enjoyment out of the buying and selling of players and trying to find the next big thing and training them up.

I guess it all depends on how SI implement it as to wether it would work or not. As long as it is an option and doesnt interfere with normal gameplay then it shouldnt be a problem. After all, if you dont want to use it, dont select that mode.

think that a great addition to football manager would be so that you could be the chairman of a club and control its managers. you also have other duties such as looking for new investors and the keeping the club running smoothly. you could accept bids for players and bid for other players and try to build a relationship with the manager. you would keep the stadium and training ground running etc and i feel this would be a great thing to have in football manager 2011.

what do u think??

This could perhaps be a new game completely, Football Chairman

If director of football mode means you just buying and selling players, thats more like what I like to do but I also like to make sure which players I buy play and the manager of your team might not see it that way. That is why I usually set my team and tactics then holiday the game.

I get much more enjoyment out of the buying and selling of players and trying to find the next big thing and training them up.

I guess it all depends on how SI implement it as to wether it would work or not. As long as it is an option and doesnt interfere with normal gameplay then it shouldnt be a problem. After all, if you dont want to use it, dont select that mode.

It could be an option when you add a new manager. like male or female

improved feature in FM (Football family Legacy) for regens/newgens

we all know that in FM you can have a son, or at least AI managers have that luck

and sometimes when you have a regen/newgen his brother could join your ranks the next year (happened to me twice in 2 years)

but these 2 features have a very low probability of happening, where in real life Football is packed with family links: Maldini (father and son, coach and defender), Neville ( defenders), Cannavaro (defenders), Sneijder, Seedorf, Gourcuff (father and son), Kaka and Digao, Fabio and Rafael, Abedi Pele and his Ayew offsprings, Lampard and his uncle and many many many others

the point is that everybody is the son/nephew/brother/cousin of someone, we should see that more often in FM

imagine that one successful regen/newgen coach has a world class son to carry his legacy further, and that player is going to be a coach too, and maybe he will have his own son, and so long

imagine that you have your own son as your rival coach

imagine that you have 2 world class brothers in your team

this would be wonderful

improved feature in FM (Football family Legacy) for regens/newgens

we all know that in FM you can have a son, or at least AI managers have that luck

and sometimes when you have a regen/newgen his brother could join your ranks the next year (happened to me twice in 2 years)

but these 2 features have a very low probability of happening, where in real life Football is packed with family links: Maldini (father and son, coach and defender), Neville ( defenders), Cannavaro (defenders), Sneijder, Seedorf, Gourcuff (father and son), Kaka and Digao, Fabio and Rafael, Abedi Pele and his Ayew offsprings, Lampard and his uncle and many many many others

the point is that everybody is the son/nephew/brother/cousin of someone, we should see that more often in FM

imagine that one successful regen/newgen coach has a world class son to carry his legacy further, and that player is going to be a coach too, and maybe he will have his own son, and so long

imagine that you have your own son as your rival coach

imagine that you have 2 world class brothers in your team

this would be wonderful

Love this idea.

Maybe on the Profile page for players a new section could be created for relationships like favoured personel, disliked personel, relatives etc etc.

posted a thread on my idea already but how about a feature where we can view 3d images of all the trophies we've won through our career in a sort of trophy cabinet. TBH i get bored of FM after 2 or 3 seasons because there no way to celebrate and look over what you've won other than just a line of text. I mean you win the champions league trophy then press continue and boom thats it, your supposed to get on with the job like it was just a normal match and all the work you've done over the season suddenly means bulls-hit. A graphical representation of all the trophies you've won would be a major tick in my book.

e.g. say I win la liga with valencia 2010/11 and barca 2012/13 and champions league with both teams it would be epic to have two la liga and champs league trophies in my trophy cabinet which I could click on and zoom into and then read detailed information like winners, runner-up, points won, best player etc.

For all the hardcore FM users that dont like this, I know my idea is not a necessity for the game like other people's ideas on actually improving the gameplay, but I've got friends that have got their teams to season 2020/21 but theres b*llock-all to look back at that shows off the trophies they've won other than a couple of lines of text in their history. Dont know about you but I find that depressing to have no way to show off my winnings.

If we had just this feature in the next FM it would make FM a million times better than it already is.

U missed out maradona and tevez, uncle nephew from an illicit relationship

Also Juan Pablo Angel and Baros looked liked siblings, .

You read too much OK or Hello magazine, that is soooooooo not true.

Diego will be Kun Aguero's father in law soon though.

I mentioned in another thread, I'd like to see a Manager Biography, especially the human managers, ie.

tom_15390 began his management career with Central Coast in 2009, winning 54% of his 173 games. In that time, he won the A-League (2010, 2011, 2012) and the A-League Finals (2009, 2011, 2012).

In 2013 he moved to Tottenham, and has so far won 63% of his 876 games, winning (trophy list). He has also been awarded Manager of the Year 6 times.

tom_15390 has also managed international sides Brazil and Belgium.

More player interaction please. For instance when I withdraw a player from an international squad, I want to tell him why, for example, 'you've just come back from injury, this friendly means nothing and I'd rather have you firing on all cylinders for the league run in'

here are some suggestions, mostly are UI things that bug me, others are some suggestions to improve them, its quite a big list though

there should be something to auto renew staff contracts, its really annoying for long term players like me to have to renew 25 staff contracts in a row, individually, it should be done automatically like we select which ones we want to be auto renewed without having to go through each one.

screen flow to backroom staff, and to u-20 leagues, there are for international competitions but not national ones

another thing that is REALLY annoying is when you search for players, and you have a big list, so you should be able to go to the next player of the search, not the next player of the team, when you click the arrow for the next player, its really annoying to have to go back, and then click on the next player of the searchlist, this should also happen to staff searches

when im dragging players in the tactics screen (their icons on the field, not the names), the target man and playmaker role change to the player instead of the position (not sure how to explain this properly), and also this makes thing really weird in some squad views, like the defender is the last on the list, striker in the place of a defender, etc

some brazilian regen names have no sense, a player is named Fabrício Carvalho, when his name is actually Fabrício Lima dos Santos, and this is pretty common and annoying, i have to edit their nicknames all the time, this also happens for some localized nicknames, like a player is nicknamed Baiano as if he is supposed to be from Bahia, but then he is from another state, and this happens ALL THE TIME.

when we see the goal of the month/year award, we should be able to see a specific goal, not just all of them

while loaning players, we should be able to select in the transfer status something like "accept all loan offers that dont have an agreed future value", and also "accept all loan transfers where a club says the player would be a first team member"

when we are about to start a match, before we submit our team tactics, there is only the preview and team selection tabs, there should be all the other normal tabs as well, such as training, backroom staff, squad etc

we should be able to toggle the backroom staff advice about the next match, and general advices, that way i dont have to play the match to see other advices

there needs to be a way to criticise a striker for spending too much time without scoring, if i just criticise his performance, he usually says he though he was playing well, and doenst even mention that he didnt score for so long

a skip replay button in classic view, i always need to switch to tv view to skip the replay

in the carrer history of a player, we should be able to toggle between global stats, cup stats, league stats etc

scouts should be able to report or own players, i believe in fm08 they could, and its better since they have more scouting knowledge than other staff

sometimes the report says "thinks player is/would be the 4th best striker in the club", we should be able to see this list, and the opinion of the best players in each position by this staff member

you should be able to auto-assign players to training schedules, like im creating a striker schedule, so i want every player that plays as a striker or forward centre to be auto assigned to this schedule, it could also be in attributes filter and/or position

while in the information screen of a club, we should be able to see what division they are currently playing, there is only continental cup, so with big leagues like the brazilian serie C you have to look in the groups to see if the team is there or not, this is especially annoying if you are playing in the state championships, as it shows alongside the club title on the top bar that the team is playing the state championship, not a national league

while selecting kick takers for set pieces, there should be an option to auto-select players with the best techical attribute for that set piece type, and then you could just do minor changes after, a button to prevent players from giving penalties to other players who already scored twice should be there too, especially if the player is bad at pk taking/important matches

regens should change hair more often, in past versions they changed it due to morale, in fm10 sometimes my players change when they hit 26 yrs old i think, or its because a alt+tab to much, im not sure, however ive noticed they change face a little when they are 33 yrs old, they should change hair sometimes too

there should be a news item to when your club facilities are not the best anymore or have downgraded, since they downgrade after some seasons

i notice sometimes the scouts advise you to send them to international competitions, but i dont see them since i forget to see the backroom staff sometimes, this should be a news item, or screen flow should be available to backroom staff, this is especially annoying in competitions that are after the season ends, since i dont have much reason to see the backroom advice

you should be able to assign specific roles for a player, so that when you put a player in a position, their role would be automatically set, you should also be able to select if you want when choose for players to change their positions in-game to change their roles with the player they are switching positions as well

when a staff member says he thinks the player would not be a good player for set piece taking, he should say why, i get this even with players that are good at set pieces, but have no idea why

player biography should should comment about his playing style, as well as goals/assists/good performances in very important matches

more detailed monthly training reports, like more players who trained well/not so well, suggestions for tutoring based on players perfomances/friendship with other players in training, and suggestions for what a specific player should be trained for, like if he has good aptitude to become stronger, or learn to be more creative etc

in the fixtures tab, when you click in a match you already played, it shows who scored in that match, there should be also who assisted these goals

in the team settings screen, when selecting players on loan there should be an option such as "player cannot be offered a future value", this way i dont have to look every transfer to see if they have a future value, and then regret that later, im aware there is an option to set the future value in percentage, but i wish the teams would simply not offer that value, so i could accept the offer without having to change it

sometimes i ask a player to learn a PPM, but he refuses it when it would be very good for him, like asking a creative player to try through balls often, and a good poacher to try to break the offside trap

thats all i can think so far, i may post more if i remember anything else

I think the employment contract of the coaches should be improved. The contract should have bonus and the coach could get a sponsorship,both clubs and in teams.

So the coach can collect the money and then you can buy a club and manage it as president and as a coach.

A lot of players only develop up to 24 years. I think that like in FIFA Manager, players should move the attributes to the end of his career. What I mean is that the potential of the players should not be fixed. For example, Ozil is on Werder Bremen and has a potential of 185 but tomorrow he may transfer to Manchester United and exceed the estimate of 185 PA and go to 200 PA. The players appear today and are listed as new Scholes. But he can not go very far or can even become better than Scholes.

Are only estimates, do you agree? So I guess the player's potential should not be fixed and I think that instead of going to 200, should go up to 1000.

Excuse me for not speaking English so well. I'm still learning.

Cheers.

i want to be able to respond to fans when they moan bout me losing games sometimes i just wanna tell them to stfu. they could then decide there happy with my explaination or tell me to sort it out an stop making excuses, just does my head in i cant respond to them telling me player x should have played when he aint scored all season an player y has 1 bad game. argh rant over lol

I agree with everything ACMilanBRA said a few posts ago, there are some really good little UI improvements in there which would help the game become more streamlined and less time-consuming but without losing any of the micromanagement aspects. I don't think there are many big features that the series is seriously lacking so just implementing these sorts of things would, in my opinion, be a real improvement for FM11

Training could definitely by improved - like what we have now with tactics creator, we could possibly have a detailed training schedule creator. Just as with the tactics, there could also be a 'basic' and 'advanced' interface with regards to training too. I would also personally like a training report at least every week rather than monthly.

The option of having the real players restarting their careers again as 16-17 year olds instead of being replaced with regens. Not a fan of regens........ once the majority of real players dissappear from the game, I always start a new one.... which sucks because I want to keep my record going for as long a possible.

Or maybe the option to not age the players, their attributes would change depends on their form, training regime, etc.

I pay this game to manage real players, not some fake ones. I want the game to reflect the real world that I'm playing in at the moment in some way.

im not gonna read the thread but my ideas are that when you invite a trialist to train with you you have more interaction options. for example if they play 2 pre season games and they do well you could say. your doing great but dont stop or something. Then if they do bad maybe say currently i wont be offering you a contract and maybe this will help them improve depending on their personalities, what position your playing them in etc. maybe the player could say the something back to you if they dont agree or if they agree. or if your player has fit in to the squad and he is liked you could upset other team members.

what I would like to see is mainly cosmetic related stuff and may be accused as "casual".

I think it would be cool if on the main screen if you go idol the game runs through some of your career goals or something dynamic.

I would like to be able to easily construct my own team through the main game rather then semi-complicatedly through the editor.

Restructure the press interviews, give us more options, no reworded questions appearing in the same interview at least.

Bigger variety of game sounds (customisble obviously) bring on the vuvuzelas

I would like it if the reserve/sub players did not stay at 90-95% stamina constantly it annoys me, especially when a player is comming out of injury.

Regens, the amount of times I have seen a ugly bald 16 old who seems to be wearing lipstick drives me insane!

Finally, often when changing tactics mid game we will see from the match engine up to almost a minute delay of players fetching the ball, players being stretchered off and time stalling before they kick th ball only for it to freeze and timeskip to change the tactic. If they could cut out this minute of standing around would be very tasty. Cheers

I wouldn't mind seeing a 'loan back' option added when trying to sign a player. A clause that allows you to complete the deal, and then instantly loan him back to his previous club for a set period of time.

Also with youth players, if I release them I'd quite like it if they didn't appear on my 'transfer out' list, maybe on the 'youth out' section under the views tab.

In the editor, the ability to edit the stadium appearance. I don't mean anything drastic, just the abilty to choose the stands, if they are covered or not, whether there are corners or not, the option to have one end empty (like at Oxford) and possibly the position of the away fans.

Obviously none of the above affect the gameplay in anyway shape or form but I think all three would be nice touches.

EDIT: Just thinking about it, abandoned games, obviously doesn't happen all the time but isn't unheard of - Plymouth/Barnsley last year, Watford/Wigan a few years back in the Prem.

I suggested this a few years ago but I'll suggest it again. Could we please be given the ability to apply our own star ratings to our players? It would be similar to how you rate your music in Windows Media Player. It be very handy to be able to give a quick graphical note on how you percieved the player at time of evaluation.

I agree with what Hawar said. I hate regens. Many of them are Defender but have the attributes of a Striker.

I think it would be fantastic if aparecece in the game a new Ronaldinho with 16 years old in 2016. But it would also be nice if the Regens were players who have retired and are not even in the game. For example, Zidane, Figo, Gamarra, Roy Keane, etc.

Nothing fancy. Only players who were playing in the 90s and retired between 2000 and 2006.

I think it would be fantastic and everyone would love the Regens!!!!!

Cheers.

I suggested this a few years ago but I'll suggest it again. Could we please be given the ability to apply our own star ratings to our players? It would be similar to how you rate your music in Windows Media Player. It be very handy to be able to give a quick graphical note on how you percieved the player at time of evaluation.

Great idea. You could use notes but that is much more of hassle. Maybe only do it for players on your shortlist or something. Have a second column next to the scout rating for you to rate the players.

Great idea. You could use notes but that is much more of hassle. Maybe only do it for players on your shortlist or something. Have a second column next to the scout rating for you to rate the players.

Available for your squad and shortlists only would be best I think, I'd just find such a feature usefull as a way to track my perceptions of player over the course of the game.

On to other matters.

Is the plan to continually develop the tactical side of the game for FM11?

I like what has been done with FM10 with the inclusion of the Tactic Creator and the use of presets in the form of roles and duties but the underlying fundamentals are still the same (i.e. slider system). I hope SI will still work on this aspect of the game and improve the slider system further to help reduce some of the ambiguity.

I also like how some graphical indicators are starting to be shown on the tactic overview layout to show some key team but hope this will be developed further and add more graphical elements to indicate player settings. I brought up some of these ideas back in 2008 so a little part of me hopes SI listened to my ideas back then :D

At the tactics screen, when you select a specific setting view (for example run with ball) a corresponding graphical clue will appear next to each position indicating the setting configured for each position in the tactic. This would be repeated for each settings. Say you select Passing Style, a mini Passing arrow (curved) would appear in front of each position indicating the length of passing the position is set to use.

I think a more visual approach in illustrating the setting of a tactic would be a good leap forward for the FM series.

I agree with what Hawar said. I hate regens. Many of them are Defender but have the attributes of a Striker.

I think it would be fantastic if aparecece in the game a new Ronaldinho with 16 years old in 2016. But it would also be nice if the Regens were players who have retired and are not even in the game. For example, Zidane, Figo, Gamarra, Roy Keane, etc.

Nothing fancy. Only players who were playing in the 90s and retired between 2000 and 2006.

I think it would be fantastic and everyone would love the Regens!!!!!

Cheers.

yeah... it could work by recycling the player generations between now and say 1990s. (Or something like that) Surely they've still got the database from way back?

I still think it's a very long shot, though. :(

yeah... it could work by recycling the player generations between now and say 1990s. (Or something like that) Surely they've still got the database from way back?

I still think it's a very long shot, though. :(

Yes, I think so! I hope they take seriously this idea.

Although I think this idea can't be put into effect this year or the next I think si should look toward integrating the game more online with live player and team updates and live syncing so the database is always up to date. They could charge monthly like they do for fml. They could also have integrated clans so you and your mates can play against each other it would take the strain off that one person who hosts the game and put the hosting on fm servers this would make the game faster for online play. It's good for the environment too since you won't have to use CDs anymore and will help against piracy.

I want more options when sending a player out on loan. Im sick of having to go through hundreds of offers rejecting the ones where he will be a backup player. I want to only offer him to teams that are going to play him.

Also with these offers, there should be more clarification on which league the team is in. If im in 2014, I dont have a clue which league Darlington are in, so when Im finally down to the offers involving first team football, i then have to click on every team to find out which league they are in.

Maybe an option to just offer players out to certain leagues and only to teams where he will play.

Better news stories for when a top player at a club retires, maybe something to tell of his accomplishments, at least something to show he's been recognised as a legend. Could use the biography page for most of it and tie in with the idea of testimonials. At the moment they just retire and that's the end of that, I'd like something more since I usually play long term games.

More media coverage when you also resign from a team (and not have them instantly hate you) would also be good. Maybe a press conference to explain why you left or a news article explaining what you won with the club while you were there. Just a little something to summarise your time there.

Better news stories for when a top player at a club retires, maybe something to tell of his accomplishments, at least something to show he's been recognised as a legend. Could use the biography page for most of it and tie in with the idea of testimonials. At the moment they just retire and that's the end of that, I'd like something more since I usually play long term games.

Absolutely agree, and maybe a mention of players' retirements in the 'where are they now?' feature, as they often just say "player 1, player 2 and player 3 are also have left the club" not mentioning they have retired or their acheivements. Some players tend to just 'fall' out of the game if they dont want to go into coaching, which disappoints me after how influential they are, so should be covered with a suitable news item.

If a veteran player hasn't won a particular, big trophy in their career and you sign them and win it (especially if you bring them on so that they can be a part), I would have thought that you'd become a favourite with him, but that doesn't seem to happen. I think it'd be a nice touch showing intelligence in the game and making it feel more real, but it's only a small thing.

For me, situations like highlighted below, not happening so often.

1baffling1.png

"Baffled" eh?!? (Note my additional comment there).

As Lloyd Grossman would utter "Let's have a look at the evidence".

1baffling2.png

So as you can see, my side is 15 points clear, 5 games to play, 1 point required from those games with 15 points to play for. The media and my team are baffled with me choosing my Granada CF side to clinch the title, in response to the press question.

I've thus far resisted answering the same question all season with "no comment", knowing that because my club is lower reputation and not one of the favourites, that the result would be similar to "baffling" as shown in the first image.

It's my only real gripe. So I would like to see media and squad reactions based more on actual results and standings, rather than reputation.

For example, early part of the season, sure, the media can scoff at suggestions my team might win the title. Sure, my players might feel the pressure a bit. But later in the season, when my team has the results and the league position to back up my statements, the resultant "response" from media and players, just looks a bit silly. :)

- The ability to offer contracts to greyed out players on National teams

- Dedicated Reserve/Youth Managers, with the option of players starting in those roles (ala National U-21/U-19 roles).

- Major reduction in the inflated transfer fees

- More financial problems for teams, rather than managing a team for 5 years and having 1b in the bank at the end

- More Glenn Hoddle-esque academies, with more players from the EPL Top 4 joining

- Counter-balances to playing Youths in the first team from the age 15. More injury risks (ala Owen), decreased mental development etc

- More board interference, depending on clubs (Director of Football buying a player without your consent, Chairman offering players to other clubs, board offering club players contract extensions etc)

the ability to edit continental competitions on the editor so for example you could resurrect the old Cup Winners Cup or make the European Cup into the old straight knockout.

I'd love this - also the ability to restrict the European Cup to league winners only.

- More board interference, depending on clubs (Director of Football buying a player without your consent, Chairman offering players to other clubs, board offering club players contract extensions etc)

I know some of these ideas happen in real life but it just wouldn't work in a game. If my 25 goal a season striker is suddenly sold by my chairman and then the Director of Football suddenly buys the 'new Xisco' from Spanish Division B4, I would be fuming.

I've got a suggestion regarding selling players: I reckon your player should have a more detailed "transfer" tab - instead of seeing a list of all the clubs and the money they're offering, I think a table would be better: Club/Up-front offer/clauses/future income etc. I also think that this should be developed further so that your player sales can be more like auctions if there's a high demand. Let's imagine scenario x: Man Utd bid £30million for Fernando Torres. In isolation, let's assume that Liverpool would accept this bid. However, let's imagine Chelsea come in with a £35million bid - the £30million is no longer acceptable. Then Man City come in with a £40million bid, etc etc. I think that there could be a "see, check, raise" - like in poker - infrastructure for bids. Eventually all the clubs will refuse to go any higher, and 1 or more club will have competed successfully to gain permission to talk to the player. It means that when a player is high in demand, you dont get twenty bids all of the same size. For some reason, all the teams have the exact same capacity for negotiation.

Would this be too annoying? It'd make buying big name players harder/more exciting and make selling players better/more exciting.

Oh and I still think that teams should be more aggressive/ responsive - if for example, Man Utd finish outside the top 4 in real life, there'd be an uproar from the fans and the board would almost certainly have to throw a transfer kitty at a massive profile player. Not like in FM2010 where they just slink down the table with a whimper, no uproar in the media, and no response whatsoever...

My Wish List for 2011

- Kits- changing for away games and end of one of two seasons. Could even do special home anniversary kits like southampton this seasonand arsenal next season. I ask for it every year so just keeping with tradition as i know it will never happen although have never actually "officially" been told why not.

-Squad before game- Before evey professional game a manager has to name their squad for the match. I don't see why as managers on football manager we shouldn't either.

-recommendatons- As managers of a higher level there should be hundreds of agents trying to sell players to the club.

-future changes- I'd like to see something where I'm with Coventry in the premiership in 2014/2015 where the football league says it will expand the league to 22 teams or something to that effect. Little changes over time as it then just gets like groundhog day every season. For example I bet in FM07 it didn't have anything about the squad changes for this upcoming season.

-player interraction- Not just "happy with X form at the moment" I mean proper interraction. Telling them what you want and how they can play. Organizing team meetings, arranging player holidays and team building days. Cesc Fabregas says Arsene Wenger is like a father to him. Well I'd like my players to say the same thing about me.

-Staff interraction- A lot more interraction from Staff about certain players. There just isn't enough.

Archived