Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Probably been mentioned before but when i offer out a player to clubs i dont expect the teams to negotiate exactly the same deal. I shall explain.

I just offered out Vincent Kompany for £5 million. 6 times came back to me and all 6 of them offered me 575k up front for a season long loan deal with the option to buy the player for £4.7m. I mean, have the clubs come together and discussed to bid exactly the same?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this has been suggested before but i think that subs should have a different rating system compared to starters as bringing them on at, say, the 60th minute mark means that they have a much higher chance to have a low match rating, which impacts their average rating. This doesn't seem altogether fair to me so perhaps their ratings can be done differently or even not have one unless they made a significant impact on the game (positive or negative).

There should be more player response/interaction, changes in morale, comments to the media, etc, etc when a manager leaves the club or when a new manager arrives.

Also, I've been trying as hard as I can to get used to this news system for a long time now and it just doesn't work. I think news and media interaction is one of the most important and the most visible aspects of the game and it needs a lot of study as to what would be most convenient and usable. Having to check 2 different screens all the time just doesn't feel right.

I would like SI to introduce a tab system similar to that of internet browsers. When searching for players you could open up there info in tabs at the top or bottom of the screen, it would be handy for player comparisons and would save the back and forth when searching through a long list of prospective talents.

Eventually I'd like for everything to be able to be opened in a tab such as league tables, teams etc etc.

I would like if league player bonus payout was actually less than what you recieve in prizemoney. In the A-League you regually pay the players a higher bonus for the league than what you recieve in prizemoney and I am sure this isn't the only league this happens in

I woud like SI to stop hardcoding any points deductions teams may have into the game. At this time of year when people are making updated databases, it is making things much more difficult. For the sake of removing the points, you have to completely recreate the league. Why waste everybodies time? Just take it out so it isnt hard coded. Then when people start to make updates, the points deduction can be taken away very quickly without having to redo the entire league.

If its not possible todo that then at least make it possible to adda EDT file to remove them.

Small, and easy to implement:

I would love to search players for their natural position.

If i want a winger, i dont want an AMC with accomplished RW etc.

So at the Search Players for Position.

There is:

- Is

- Is not

I would love to see:

- Is natural...

I've posted this a couple of months ago, didnt get any replies. Was wondering if there are more people want this to be implemented...!

I've posted this a couple of months ago, didnt get any replies. Was wondering if there are more people want this to be implemented...!

Yeah, I think that is a good idea. Sometimes if I am searching for a right back for example, I get players back who are centre backs but can play at right back as well which is not useful when I want just a pure right-back.

Again along the friendlies theme, this has probably been raised before. Why not have tours that contain more than one country, Man utd are currently on a North America tour. I know you can just do the tour for one country then the next, but that is just time consuming and im lazy.

That When You go to your profile screen, the characteristics your rated on are the same as other managers on the game, Possibly as you become a players favourite personel, when they have a testimonial it be possible to be the manager of his testimonial game?

only one thing i would like...i will not stay to argument or detail it, cause i do not have the proper time...but i would want some pre season training camps(which could include special locations-pre determined from a list, from the entire world-,friendlies with clubs that are in the same location like you, special training schedules, based on the region where you are/team that you have)...you know...like irl...that would be fantastic to see :) tye tye...

basically i won a double promotion from conference to league 1 with york and they are going to be moving into a 6000 capoacity stadium in a few years. If I am in the premiership by that point then there is nothing I can do to get a bigger stadium cos one would have already been built even though the one i am in now is a bit bigger. There is no way of changing any of that. There should be something in place for these types of occurences, apart from the editor of course!!

other suggestions...

1) testimonials

2) real board members for lower league teams - everytime I started a new game my team who i support had a different chairman

3) friendly games - on 2010 game sometimes you are given friendlies after your first season against a team who is in the same league as you are

In real football management, especially outside the UK, the manager often has very little say in transfers. This is normally done by a sporting director/director of football, however bidding for and negotiating the contracts of targets is a crucial part of FM, so here's an idea to incorporate interference without removing the gameplay:

how about at clubs where there is a sporting director/director of foootball etc, they can suggest potential signings, just like your assistant can do at the moment.

At the start of each window, you would get a message in your inbox saying "Your sporting director [name] recommends you sign the following players..." and "[name] thinks the following players are not good enough for the club and should be sold..."

Your success or failure (deliberate or not) in signing the targets and selling those your director doesn't want would then impact on your board's confidence level in you, i.e. "the board are pleased with the job you are doing, but are disappointed that [target] was not signed during the transfer window."

I think the tactics improvements in FM2010 are very good, but I have a suggestion to improve them further.

Some of you may remember Anco's Kick Off games for the Commodore Amiga back in the late 80s/early 90s. One game in the series was Player Manager which (obviously) was a management game. This included a tactics designer which was pretty basic, but designed around a nice idea.

Basically it showed a schematic of the pitch, divided into 12 equal sized rectangles. You could highlight each of these rectangles, and then set the standard position that each outfield player should take when the ball is within that rectangle, you would do this twice for all 12 rectangles (once for when you had possession, once for when the opposition had possession.) The players would then use that position as their standard position but obviously would run, tackle or whatever depending on what was actually happening.

This could be adapted to use with the FM tactics designer, obviously in conjunction with the existing tactics designer, to enable more detailed player positioning - particularly useful for things like overlapping full-backs.

In real football management, especially outside the UK, the manager often has very little say in transfers. This is normally done by a sporting director/director of football, however bidding for and negotiating the contracts of targets is a crucial part of FM, so here's an idea to incorporate interference without removing the gameplay:

how about at clubs where there is a sporting director/director of foootball etc, they can suggest potential signings, just like your assistant can do at the moment.

At the start of each window, you would get a message in your inbox saying "Your sporting director [name] recommends you sign the following players..." and "[name] thinks the following players are not good enough for the club and should be sold..."

Your success or failure (deliberate or not) in signing the targets and selling those your director doesn't want would then impact on your board's confidence level in you, i.e. "the board are pleased with the job you are doing, but are disappointed that [target] was not signed during the transfer window."

Love this idea! :)

I'd like to see player talking about possible club transfers.

For instance, I (the manager) declare interest about player X. Then one of my players could talk about it (it would appear on the news.)

Also, it would be interesting to see not only the manager's press conference but also the player's.

Of course you wouldn't attend but it could appear in the news that player Y "is confident for the next match" or talk about injuries, etc.

Mental attributes like loyalty, determination, morale, etc would play a big part here and since we could not control what we says, it would be our job to comment on whatever he said before.

I want the ability to turn off transfers for some countries, or at least make amateur transfers near impossible when a player is at another amateur club. The reason for this is because I manage in Asia in a country where all teams are amateur. Once in a while I will have a brilliant player who will attract attention from a similar amateur club in a different league which, geographically, is nearly 800 miles south of us and then signs an amateur contract with them. Realistically, I imagine a player wouldn't even move to another club in the same league unless money was involved, given that he is playing for his local team, in a competition that is not even very important itself.

think that a great addition to football manager would be so that you could be the chairman of a club and control its managers. you also have other duties such as looking for new investors and the keeping the club running smoothly. you could accept bids for players and bid for other players and try to build a relationship with the manager. you would keep the stadium and training ground running etc and i feel this would be a great thing to have in football manager 2011.

what do u think??

I have a few slight tweaks to the game engine I would like to see:

Firstly for me would be the option for goalkeepers and centre backs to pass the ball to the full backs. Nothing else. Just simple 10 yard passes to the fullbacks who can bring the ball forward. It is something simple but would make a huge difference for those who are wanting to keep possesion and build attacks from the back. I am aware that there may be something similar on the new match thingy, but unfortunately I really don't like the new match day lay out and have stuck faithfully by 'convert to classic' for which there certainly is no option other than to have your GK distributing to one specific player.

Adding to that would be the option of drilled crosses, also in the classic mode. I play with small forwards, yet also have my wingers and fulbacks getting forward often. An option to drill crosses in the 'Classic' format would help tremendously. Again, it is a simple one and I'm sure wouldn't be so hard to implement.

'Looks for the pass rather than the shot'. Does this even do anything? I've had one of my midfielders on this for a season now, he has particularly poor finishing and long shots, yet still seems to shoot more often than not when in the penalty area and more annoyingly, seems to shoot from distance more than he did before. His decision making is also decent (14).

I probably will think of a few others but for now I will state that something must be done about set pieces. Is anybody else tired of seeing headers over the bar?!? Never wide, rarely on target. Just 'Over the bar' 'Over the bar' 'Over the bar'. Please rectify this. A little variety would be much appreciated.

I want a better AI, make the game harder, it's not fun when you create an unbeatable team winning the championship and CL back to back... that shouldn't be possible. Make it more challenging to gain success with a smaller team and especially maintaining that level.

think that a great addition to football manager would be so that you could be the chairman of a club and control its managers. you also have other duties such as looking for new investors and the keeping the club running smoothly. you could accept bids for players and bid for other players and try to build a relationship with the manager. you would keep the stadium and training ground running etc and i feel this would be a great thing to have in football manager 2011.

what do u think??

Turd, tbh.

Would be great that if you start a game jobless or get fired at some point, that you'd have to do job interviews with clubs (even in case their manager is still at the club but about to get sacked). In this way they would ask you about goals, players, previous experience and it's also a good way to get to know more about what the club wants and what possibilities they have to succeed. Would make it damn realistic imo :)

I'm not sure many would agree with me but I would like to see an option to sort subs by position, GK down to ST, it annoys me when they are in no order.

But it lists them in the order that you number them, i.e 1-7, I always Have 1 - Def, 2 - Mid, 3 - Fwd, 4 - Utility and 5 - GK, then 6 and 7 whoever I have free. So you know what positions they are if you didn't know the names?

I think there should be an option to tell a player or assistant or something to be less open in their opinions in press conferences. I never bother with them because they're too generic and bore me to tears but my assistant who does them always answers honestly which wouldn't happen in real life imo. He says a lot of stuff that really unsettles some of the players like "oh yeah this guy played really badly", "We definitely need lots of new players", "I really enjoyed performance of other teams player", etc.

I'm currently playing as Luton and Uruguay U20's and have a game for both on the same day, however in the game you can just play one and then do the other, even if they are exactly at the same time.

I think in future versions, when situations like this occur you should be able to chose which game to go to, as obviously one being in luton the other being in Paraguay (where the Juventud is taking place) you wouldn't be physically able to go to both.

Your choice of which to go to could then affect how pleased your board/fans/the fa are with you etc. And then your assistant can take charge for that game you miss.

I have some features that could be really cool:

1. The manager salery.

If you are in a bigger club, the more succesfull you are, the higher salary you get. If you for instance manage Barcelona for 20 years, you will get more than 100 million £. And what can you do with this money? Nothing! I would like a feature that could make it possible to spend some of this money. If you have a favorite club in your home country, you could invest the money in the club and help them become more successfull. Or if you one season doesnt have a big enough transfer budget, you could invest some of you own money. If the player gets sold at one point, you will get your money back with interests or something like that.

Its a method used all over the world. Just see Carlos Tevez when he joined West Ham, they didnt own him.

2. Sign off fee

Another thing missing in the game is Sign Off fee. If you make a contract with a talented player, you can set a signoff fee in the contract. So if you make a 3 year contract, when the player has stayed in the club for 3 years he gets a bonus of some kind. Kind of the same as an Sign on fee, just in the other end of the contract. That would make it easier to keep players in the club until the end of a contract.

3. Make it possible for a player to put pressure on the club to sell him

Classical exsample: Fabregas and Barcelona. He wants to go to Barcelona, and they want to buy him. As manager for Barcelona it should be possible for me, to ask Fabregas to state that he wants to leave Arsenal, and join Barcelona.

In general, i would like some more media action.

1) Scouts that don't finish assignments when I haven't asked them to- stay where I tell you!!

2) I'd like to be able to make it known to a player in the last year/18 months of his contract that if he were to wait it out that my club would be very interested in him as a free agent.

3) Old chesnut, but hey, dynamic league rep.

4) If you enter into mind games banter, you end up with half a squad unhappy over your ''unprofessional comments''- grow up ladies. please change this.

No-one else going to post this? I've heard this apparent leak-age of information regard FM11

"Although not officially announced yet, but we can confirm the following features and release date have been leaked.

- Release Date is Friday, October 29th 2010

- Improved training options

- More complex module for searching new players

- Improved graphics and 3D view of the game

- Introduction of football agents to the game

- Playing games in evenings (so called night effect)

- Differentiated weather conditions"

Games need to be able to be abandoned when for example a team loses 5 players like IRL. Postponements need to actually make sense. They only ever happen to 1 fixture randomly when we see whole leagues where no fixtures are played. In Fm 1 game may be called off but a game at a stadium nearby will be nice weather and not what caused the other game to be postponed.

More news items relevant to the league you are playing in.

Right now managers get sacked and hired, players get signed and sold and there are very few news reports about these comings and goings. For instance Sir Alex retiring. IRL this will be all over the news but in the game it's barely mentioned.

Same with transfers - there's hardly a mention of big transfers except when the window closes. There are no transfer sagas like Fabregas to Barcelona dragging on for ages, or Ashley Cole to Chelsea which lasted months.

Didn't read the whole thread, but here is couple of my ideas, I posted them in forums already but here is the right place to do it I guess:

1. Yellow card ban interaction with player

Some players, especially good ones with high aggression, are getting yellow cards all the time. I set their tackling easy etc. but no matter what I do, they get yellow. But they are smart enough to not to get the second one in the same game.

They end up collecting yellow pretty quickly and getting banned 3 matches so often. And I can't do anything about it.

Just implement an interaction menu just like when they are sent off with red card. I know warn/fine them in red card cases works, their aggression drops most of the time.

Should be easy to implement, since it will be the same with red card interactions.

2. Interaction on player conflicts

Happens time to time. Two of my good players not getting along with each other and upset each other, and sometimes the whole team. My assistants warns me about the situation and saying "this will affect team badly until manager XXXX resolves this problem".

There must be some options other than just selling out one of them. Talking to them, warn/threaten them (get your arses together, or both will be playing in the reserves league whole season) etc.

3. Disciplinary action on player behavior.

I sub a player because his rating was 6.0 in the first half, and commentary says "player xxxx furious to be subbed". I guess no explanation needed in this one.

4. Player specific and position specific instructions.

If my midfielder has a 18 long shots, I set his long shot to "often", but when I sub him, his substitute's long shot is not necessarily as good as his. So why inherit it?

5. Opposition instructions

I set opposition strikers to "Close down always" and "Hard tackling". When they are subbed, I have to set it for the new players again.

Here is the simple solution: If they are subbed with a player of same position, inherit the instructions.

i.e. If they subbed their striker for another striker, my settings will be applied for the new player.

6. Steam countries

Make it available in more countries via Steam.

How SEGA, a Japan headquartered company, prevents Steam from selling the game to users in Japan is just beyond me!

I mean, there is no conflict of interests. Nobody sells the game in here. No distributors or anything like that.

- press conferences need to be completely redone or just scratched out. No more moronic questions please and there has to be A LOT of questions (which isn't hard to do) otherwise we're being asked the same thing all the time.

-Unless a player has been treated unfairly or the club has done poorly in most competitions, he will not ask to leave the club after ONE season.

-Players under 21 cannot complain about lack of first-team football. It's ridiculous. No player that young would have the balls to complain and demand more game time from his coach. Same thing goes for players over 33.

-Transfer system needs to be redone. I think the maximum value a club could ask for a player is 3 times his actual value. No more 5 million players who are only sold by 80 millions.´

-More importantly, no more bugs and no more data corruption.

-More importantly, no more bugs and no more data corruption.

Yeah because they put them in on purpose ;)

Anyway on to pre match advice.

Lets say I'm Barcelona, I'm playing a Spanish Cup match versus an absolute minnow team.

Pre match advice tells me: we are technically better, fitter, faster and stronger.

Do you think?

How is this supposed to help me in any way shape or form.

So basically I'd like it to include relevant stuff or nothing at all.

Maybe go in to more depth than the scout does about the pitch (if its away), talk about the condition its in.

Let me know if they are likely to offer a threat at set pieces.

Let me know the one area they are strong in, maybe not as strong as me, but you know, their forte.

That kind of thing.

I'd quite like to be able to take over as a certain Manager in there current job, i.e Mourinho at Real Madrid.

Why not just insert Mourinho's details as your own when starting the game and take over Real Madrid. Also use tactics Mourinho himself would use. Go for players that mourinho would typically go for and so on....

Over the past week I have been thinking of what I would like to see in FM 11, although this idea is perhaps too late for FM 11.

My idea is similar to the story of the qualifying on the world cup game, in which you have a separate type of game where you have to complete scenario's of past managers. For exmple, taking the role of Alf Ramsey and trying to win the world cup with England or Brian Clough and taking Derby or Forest from the second division to the first division title.

These are the best one's I can think of but i'm sure many other scenario's could be thought of. I would like to hear what people think of this idea, because I think it is a good one and could work well.

Why not just insert Mourinho's details as your own when starting the game and take over Real Madrid. Also use tactics Mourinho himself would use. Go for players that mourinho would typically go for and so on....

Jose Mourinho is new Barcelona Manager. The old Manager is never deleted, he can still get appointed at other clubs.

Archived