Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I'd like to have the option to take over as a current manager. For example, take control of Jose Mourinho etc.

YES! This is exactly what I came in here to say.

I don't care for creating myself really. Unrealistic. I'd rather continue the fine work of an existing manager. Or turnaround the fortunes of a fallen manager like Pardew or something haha.

I created Shearer myself and took the England job, only for Shearer to get the Everton job two years later. Nickname time.

This would be sooooo good. All the existing media items that can link in.

REALLY, please get this in. Not hard! ;)

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I'd like to have the option to take over as a current manager. For example, take control of Jose Mourinho etc.
Why can't I filter non-playing staff on international apps? I'd like the idea of having ex-players as staff. The info is there, so why can't it be done?

Information should be retrievable and searching should be fully customizable to allow this information to be sought, and used for sort!

A new training mode, more similar to the everyday-job of a real manager, having the possibility of programming the week of trainings and to try new schemes (that should be as well implemented in the tactics, big miss now).

I think that the tactical part and the trainings should be linked somehow, it should be possible to do something like that: http://www.soccerbible.net/Practice-Plans/combination-midfielder-4-3-3.asp

I would like that my player will do what I teach them in every playing situation, of course they will be more confident with the tactics as long as I train them to particular movements. As manager I will also supervise the work of other coaches, for instance I could have chat with fitness coach about improving the fit of the team or with physion about the injuried players, preparing a program to make them recover fastly.

I love FM but I think this aspect is a big miss in the game, in these forums I see that everyone would like to have a game as IRL and I agree with this, but before to do it taking care of marginal aspects I think this would be much more important.

A new training mode, more similar to the everyday-job of a real manager, having the possibility of programming the week of trainings and to try new schemes (that should be as well implemented in the tactics, big miss now).

I think that the tactical part and the trainings should be linked somehow, it should be possible to do something like that: http://www.soccerbible.net/Practice-Plans/combination-midfielder-4-3-3.asp

I would like that my player will do what I teach them in every playing situation, of course they will be more confident with the tactics as long as I train them to particular movements. As manager I will also supervise the work of other coaches, for instance I could have chat with fitness coach about improving the fit of the team or with physion about the injuried players, preparing a program to make them recover fastly.

I love FM but I think this aspect is a big miss in the game, in these forums I see that everyone would like to have a game as IRL and I agree with this, but before to do it taking care of marginal aspects I think this would be much more important.

It would be good if something like the tactics creator was made but for training. Something that will give you a simple breakdown of what you will get from your selections.

Also it would be good if they made it easier for you to change an individuals scheldule with more feedback from the coaches. If you have players that have been injured for a while, maybe get a message saying that players x, y and z could do with an increase in fitness training so then you could adjust them as and when its needed.

You already get notified by your coaches of any PPM's they believe they should learn/unlearn so a bit more feedback as to the training would be a big help.

For somebody like me that hasn't got a clue what the sliders and the clicks to the right/left mean it would help massively. If clicked 4 times for defending in my MC's schedule and its doing completely nothing, not even keeping his stats where they are, I want to be told to either increase it to get the benefit or get rid alltogether and use the extra points somewhere else.

Anybody follow?

I would like to see players differentiating between countries, in terms of playing style and weather etc. A player might not think he would be suited to the fast physical nature of the premier league, so would reject offers from English clubs, or might not like the cold weather etc.

Also I would like to see clubs start to have unique personalities, in terms of expected playing style, transfer expectations and also I'd like to see reference more to a club's history. Maybe a young Argentine would love to play for Napoli, because of Maradona and would like the number 10 shirt etc

Make more of presidents and presidential elections and transfer promises. Increase the role of the club medical set up, so that better facilities, physios can give a more accurate analysis as to how long an older player could play for based on tests like VO2 max. One player may be over the hill at 30, another in perfect condition at 38 etc

also, the media should refer back more to previous regimes and when you leave, in your new job you could be asked to comment on proceedings at your old team and the players should compare and contrast old and new managers.

and if you've managed a club and national team successfully in the past when you next take an international job dont have the game saying it remains to be seen how you cope with the demands of two jobs. Please make a manager's history count for far more than it currently does.

AND if you have been very successful at a club DO NOT automatically remove you from the favoured persons list and if you've left amicably, say for an International job, and then go back to that club to watch a player have the fans recognise that you are there, chant your name, applaud whatever.

And also have supporters petition to have a manager re-installed, remembering the successes of the past.

etc etc

In general I'd like to see a very big step up across the board this time.

I think the role of Chief Executive needs to be created on the non-playing side of it, and I think being able to interact with a Director of Football (good or bad) would be good for the game. Also, as someone said, having the option to loan a player you've bought back to the club you've bought him from.

Defining of roles of the staff already at the Club such as Sports Psychologist, Club Doctor, Kit Manager etc. would add realism and depth to the game.

A few things I would like for the future:

1) Personal instruction on player basis

Currently before (or during) a match set specific sliders/instructions for one of my players. Great. But if he is substituted, I have to go in and maybe change all my sliders around.

I would like the possibility to tell my left winger who is highly creative, to always play at a specific Creative Freedom level, no matter where he is playing. If the player have no specific instructions, then just use the ones from the tactics currently used. The same goes with 'Role'.

F.x. I have a tactic where my two strikers swap, but currently my Poacher would then sometimes play as Target Man and vice versa. I don't want that. I just want them to switch positions on the field AND keep their role.

2) Player specific shouts

If my player is suddenly becoming complacent 5 min. into the second half, I want to be able to be the guy yelling at him to pick up his game or else. At present all I can do is hope he will start playing ok again, or substitute him if he doesn't. Besides the pre-game and half-time team talks I cannot "manage" the players.

3) Better tutoring mechanism

I have had great difficulty figuring out how to use tutoring, so I think it needs to be more intuitive. One thing I do think needs tweaking is the fact that 16-year olds, who I just brought in on the team, are telling me (their new manager) that some guy who have played 200 1st. team matches in the divisions, is not really interesting to learn from.

Come on!! .... that might go for Wunderkinds like outspoken Ibrahimovich when he was 17-18 years old or something, but for most youngsters, they should be happy to take the advice of the manager. Now whether they learn something or not is a different matter. But I would like to see the youngster in real life coming into the 1st. team squad of a new team and telling off the manager in his 1st. week that he knows better who he can learn something from.

4) Better stadium graphics

Really?? ... 2010, and that is the best you can do?? ... the crowd looks like it was taken from a Commodore 64 manager game from 1984.

5) Trial stats beig keps in history

It is a bit annoying that any trialist I might have had in my squad, has his match stats cleared when he leaves the club. I can see in the history that he was on trial at my club, but no stats are saved. So if I forget that some guy is leaving tomorrow after 4 weeks, then unless I can remember how he played during his visit, I would have to guess (or check each of the games he played in).

I can't remember anything else at the moment :)

A few things I would like for the future:

3) Better tutoring mechanism

I have had great difficulty figuring out how to use tutoring, so I think it needs to be more intuitive. One thing I do think needs tweaking is the fact that 16-year olds, who I just brought in on the team, are telling me (their new manager) that some guy who have played 200 1st. team matches in the divisions, is not really interesting to learn from.

Come on!! .... that might go for Wunderkinds like outspoken Ibrahimovich when he was 17-18 years old or something, but for most youngsters, they should be happy to take the advice of the manager. Now whether they learn something or not is a different matter. But I would like to see the youngster in real life coming into the 1st. team squad of a new team and telling off the manager in his 1st. week that he knows better who he can learn something from.

I fully agree with this, it could happen with players with high controversy, like Balotelli or Ibrahimovic, but not with many youngsters...

Thought of a few more :)

Better feedback on rejected loan deals

I had a game where I was in the BSP, and had a feeder club playing in BSN (I was formerly in the BSS). But none of my youngsters wanted to go on loan there, and I had no idea why. When a player rejects a loan deal or even a sale, then it would be nice if I got a reason why. Is it because they don't like the trainer or one of the players in the team, or is it because they think they are too good for the team, or is the new club too far away from mommy.

Ability to send players to feeder clubs on short loan deals

In the english league, a team can max. have 2 long-term loans, so if I have a feeder club in the BSN, then I can only send two players there, and it will always be full season loans. But sometimes it would be nice to send one out for maybe only 3 months while he is getting back into shape, or I just need him to get some first team play for a bit.

If I have a feeder club in one of the lower inactive leagues, then I can send as many as I want, though still only for a full season.

Number 1 for me is:

Sub On/Off pop-ups while watching game in 3d.

Half the time the commentary doesnt even tell you when a sub is made, so if you have opposition instructions for players its removed for the new player and you dont even know it. Just a simple pop-up like the one for fouls saying who's going off and who's coming on. At least then we would have the basic information that any manager would know.

- I would like to see Slavic (and other similar not to be used, but not Asian) letters to be used... like Č. Ć... etc... if Iceland players and clubs can be written in theiry way, and their football is criminally bad (no offense to Icelanders...) why other can't be? ex Yugoslavian names and surnames, ex Soviet, Czech, Poland, Slovak, Hungary... there are couple of them written correct, others are with C and like that... that should be implemented

- also, better international management - training camps, better scouting, job offers from various clubs, national team goal and contract - its length and salary, better player-coach communication, staff and caoch communication... and better organisation of big comps, like better venues and like that (but I already made thread about that)

- more options in press conferences, as I am annoyed with two times requested answer for same issue in one conference, and more different questions, like "Who had the best match tonight?", or "What are you angry at?", or "Your plans after this poor form of your team?" etc. or like press verbally attacks you because poor results and playing under the expectations

"In a previous version of FM, you could edit and add new 'templates' for player instructions... I wonder if there is a similar option now? It may require opting to go back to 'older tactics' screen and disabling the new roles system... but I totally agree with this.

I play a game with Chelsea, and when Joe Cole is at RW, I want a Winger setup with a few ticks here and there... but when Kalou is out there, he's also preset to Winger, but with completely different ticks... It'd be nice to not have to re-tick the ticks every time I sub or move a player on the pitch.

So it'd be nice to be able to select "Joe Cole RW" from a preset list when subbing Cole in... Basically, to not have to go and tick down 'long shots', movement to 'cut inside' every time would be nice."

Yes please! I've been waiting for this feature for years. Some might not find it useful but you must implement it for those who want it!

I'm sure I have mentioned this somewhere before, anyway, here it goes again:

I want to set up new teams within a club. For example I could start a feeder team like Ajax Capetown in another country, or I could set up a B/C-team in my country to give match practice to all of my talents. Another use of this could be to set up a "not needed"-team in the pre-season where you could put all your unneeded players, so they don't show up on your first-team/reserve-team screen when you plan the squad for the upcoming season.

-trophy cabinet would be great like everyone else has said. Would be good to show of to your mates, maybe have manager of the month awards in there too ect.

-Maybe some sort of basic stadium editor, so you can see what areas needs improving when you request an expansion, the you can select the area (maybe an aerial view) and if your building a new stadium then you can design the basics. Would be good to have something to build up as well as your team.

-Maybe spend your career earnings on something. Could be used to update your trophy cabinet, like the style ect

-Maybe crowd trouble during derbys, clubs could then be fined.

Been playing every version since CM 97/98, here are my thoughts:

-An absolute MUST MUST MUST have for FM11 is dynamic league reputations.

-Media is still seriously flawed. Instead of having us, the manager, interact with every media option, why not add news items which don't require a response from us, but gives us an indication of some major happenings in the league you are playing in. So for example, young defensive midfielder y has left the whole country raving with his performances in his first season in England, despite only having played 5 games so far, he is touted to move on to a bigger club.

-Club y have put faith in manager x by keeping him for 3 seasons, and one can see the tremendous impact he has had on the team, as their defence is world-class, and it is very hard to score goals on them.

-Manager x was left frustrated after his team conceded a 5th goal from set-piece in 6 games.

-Despite a disastrous season finishing 3rd, Olaf Mellberg has become a firm fan favourite with the Olympiacos fans, having been one of the few players to play consistently well over the season.

Etc. etc.

-Also, no more fixed PAs!! This has to change!!

Been playing every version since CM 97/98, here are my thoughts:

-An absolute MUST MUST MUST have for FM11 is dynamic league reputations.

-Media is still seriously flawed. Instead of having us, the manager, interact with every media option, why not add news items which don't require a response from us, but gives us an indication of some major happenings in the league you are playing in. So for example, young defensive midfielder y has left the whole country raving with his performances in his first season in England, despite only having played 5 games so far, he is touted to move on to a bigger club.

-Club y have put faith in manager x by keeping him for 3 seasons, and one can see the tremendous impact he has had on the team, as their defence is world-class, and it is very hard to score goals on them.

-Manager x was left frustrated after his team conceded a 5th goal from set-piece in 6 games.

-Despite a disastrous season finishing 3rd, Olaf Mellberg has become a firm fan favourite with the Olympiacos fans, having been one of the few players to play consistently well over the season.

Etc. etc.

-Also, no more fixed PAs!! This has to change!!

Thats the corner bug ;)

On a serious note, I agree with everything here, especially dynamic league reps and no fixed PA but unless they have already been testing this for a few years I can't see it being in FM11, hopefully FM12/13 :thup:

: Become a chairman option where they could make a whole extra dimension to the game a bit like Sim City but football manger. I am not botherd about the graphics and 3d side I think many FM fans don't care about that, If wanted that I would buy fifa. The chairman option would be great

Chairman option

The chairman, choose; what kind of chairman you are eg rich or poor. Be the sort of chairman who decide on the fate of the manager very fast or gives the manager time and money. Express your view to the manager in meetings sign players behind the managers back it would be brilliant! I think Chairman or probally the new managers anyway in the modern game. It would add a whole new element to the game.

One more thing. Can there be more clarification on which countries scouts go to when selecting a region. I wanted to scout the big African nations like Ivory Coast, Ghana and Nigeria but I wanted one scout to cover the region.

Now me being from England, I haven't got a clue where these countries are in Africa so I dont know which region to scout. The only way I could find out which region each country is in was to go the the counties screen and go to the info tab. Surely there must be an easier way than this? If not then it needs to be made more clear. Even if thats just a box that pops up when you highlight it like it does with the training sections.

If there is an easier way (in game) to find out which countries are scouted for each region, could somebody please tell me.

Can we hyperlink the staff role at a club? I mean like where it would say "Matt Smith - Coach, Notts Forest and i could click on the word "coach" to go to my coaching screen. Same for scouts, ass man and physio (would take me to injury table i guess).

EDIT - I also agree with others that the media system needs to be more intuitive, in depth and generally improved. PA which is defined as base ability (the ability of a person to kick a ball and learn effectively) plus added ability (the learned experiences and practices, based on learning ability). The final change i would make would be to make it possible for me to set templates for roles, as others have mentioned. I hate having to change player roles every time i rotate my squad.

Totally, utterly disagree with "chairman manager" ideas as they defeat the point of the whole game (but would not grumble at the realism of my own AI chairman spending his money on a rubbish player that i then HAVE to play). Stadium editors or whatever you would call them, spending earned wages and trophy rooms... these are all bad ideas IMO. (whats wrong with using manager stats like "wages earned" as bragging tools down the cafe)

A few decent ideas, if I say so myself:

I would like to see a greater range of managerial stats for the user, and more importance placed on those stats.

- Discipline: if a player dives/acts nonprofessional, the manager will take action. If that manager has a LOW Level of Discipline rating, and he fines a player, the player might bitch to the media about it. If another manager has a HIGH Level of Discipline rating, and he fines a player, the player will accept it and understand it was justified. For example, if a top class manager such as SAF or Capello fined a player for poor behaviour, that player would never ever bitch about it. He'd accept it. If a lesser manager, like Zola, fined a player, that player then might not respect the decision as much and therefore become disgruntled.

- Determination: I think the players determination should NOT be a fixed attribute. Take Manchester United or Chelsea under Mourinho, two both incredibly determined teams who fight right up until the final whistle. Why? Because the managers transformed them into that way. I'd like to see, over the course of a few seasons, players in your squad reacting to your managerial determination and seeing their own determination attributes increase accordingly. Likewise, if a manager appears not to be as determined, the squads overall determination attributes may decrease. Or, maybe, if a manager had a high determination attribute his team talks might become that little more effective.

More realistic player reactions to not being played:

- If a player hasn't been played in a while I'd like to see that player have a little thing in his Personal section along the lines of "Waiting for first team chance to prove himself". Instead, players just don't seem to care until suddenly the straw breaks the camels back and they're instantly disgruntled.

Revamp of the training schedules:

- There simply should not ONLY be individual player training schedules. Sure, you can set all your players to have the same notches on their sliders, but it's not the same thing. Teams word hard on training sessions AS A TEAM. We should be able too. Fulham and Aston Villa work very hard on their defensive formations and being a unit that's hard to break down, Barca and Arsenal work hard on their pass and move game, Bolton used to work hard on set pieces. We NEED this option. Keep the individual player training, but I want to able to set team-orientated training, things like Five A Side for pass and move, or Formation Practice if you've devised a great defensive tactic, or set piece training.

Thoughts?

Revamp of the training schedules:

- There simply should not ONLY be individual player training schedules. Sure, you can set all your players to have the same notches on their sliders, but it's not the same thing. Teams word hard on training sessions AS A TEAM. We should be able too. Fulham and Aston Villa work very hard on their defensive formations and being a unit that's hard to break down, Barca and Arsenal work hard on their pass and move game, Bolton used to work hard on set pieces. We NEED this option. Keep the individual player training, but I want to able to set team-orientated training, things like Five A Side for pass and move, or Formation Practice if you've devised a great defensive tactic, or set piece training.

I do like this idea, i think that is absoluetly superb. Would make a superb addition to the tactic creator.

- Double Transfers bids.. trying to buy 2 players from 1 club at the same time for a combined free

- Revamp of the Player Biography screen to include information like being a teams all time top scorer / appearances / records he's achieved in the league (i.e League 2 youngest scorer, etc)

- Recommend a player to an international manager for a call up

- Manager Biography screen

- More "random events" .. manager falling out with player, feuds with chairmen etc.. little side-stories that pop up rarely which will add abit more realism

How about a press conference when you leave a job, or are sacked from a job? They could ask about how you feel being sacked and what your plans are for the future.

And yes, I know a lot of people on here hate the press conferences but surely that doesn't apply to everybody, this is just a random idea I had the other day.

One very minor thing. When I'm setting how I'd like my Target man to recieve the ball, I don't like how you either get all 3 types, or just one. I've got Cardozo up front, and I'd like to be able to set it to either go to his head or feet, but not to run onto it, as he's not fast enough. But I can't do that.

To be honest, 5785 posts is a lot to wade through so if this has been suggested previously I offer my sincere appologies.

I'm currently spurs and in negotiations with norwich about a young seventeen year old forward (newgen) whom i know will develop into one of the best in the game but due to the high standards set by current players he'll be little more than a cup player at first. So i thought I'll just loan him out but this very rarely works when you have just signed the player. I think a good addition would be to offer the option of loaning the player back to the club after the transfer is complete ?

I spend a lot of time scouting young players around the world, as a result I "often" sign 15 year old Brazilians or Algerians etc. In my experience it is the only way to get e.g. Danish teams to attract world class talents. When I sign a 15 year old player, he waits 3 years before he joins the club. I would like him to e.g. learn some basic english or danish in that three year period. Maybe it should be dependent on his personality, so if he is ambitious he will take language lessons whereas if he is unambitious he won't.

Context menus that are branching tree menus that pop out when you mouse over an existing page of options, rather than those infuriating slow-scrolling 'list' menus used for things like loading an individual country's players at startup.

A few ideas to improve the match-day experience:

1. an option to go to double-speed when ball is out of play - I don't want to watch ages for someone to take a throw or get booked

2. an option to auto-pause when moving away from the match screen

3. it needs to be easier to stop to make tactical change at specific minute. Often if I try to make a 65th minute sub, it is a full 10 minutes later before the game lets me do so

4. I would like when you click "tactics" to go there in break of play only (as in former versions), to save you making tactical changes or substitutions that become outdated by the time they come into effect. At the very least it should let you confirm whether you still want to make the substitution at the point it is about to happen.

A few ideas to improve the match-day experience:

1. an option to go to double-speed when ball is out of play - I don't want to watch ages for someone to take a throw or get booked

2. an option to auto-pause when moving away from the match screen

3. it needs to be easier to stop to make tactical change at specific minute. Often if I try to make a 65th minute sub, it is a full 10 minutes later before the game lets me do so

4. I would like when you click "tactics" to go there in break of play only (as in former versions), to save you making tactical changes or substitutions that become outdated by the time they come into effect. At the very least it should let you confirm whether you still want to make the substitution at the point it is about to happen.

YAY :D I'm so happy to find someone that share my view of the subs. I like break of play when you made the subs.

I'm so happy! :D

In a previous version of FM, you could edit and add new 'templates' for player instructions... I wonder if there is a similar option now? It may require opting to go back to 'older tactics' screen and disabling the new roles system... but I totally agree with this.

I play a game with Chelsea, and when Joe Cole is at RW, I want a Winger setup with a few ticks here and there... but when Kalou is out there, he's also preset to Winger, but with completely different ticks... It'd be nice to not have to re-tick the ticks every time I sub or move a player on the pitch.

So it'd be nice to be able to select "Joe Cole RW" from a preset list when subbing Cole in... Basically, to not have to go and tick down 'long shots', movement to 'cut inside' every time would be nice.

agree 100%

I don't know how much appeal this would have, but I'd love to see some elements from the Total Club Manager series brought in.

The stadium/club facilities, where you upgrade with money, the fans counter, the stadium development options.

I think they should add a finaincial manager who will this buy this player because they will boost tshirt sales or "the wage bill is too much be looking to sell "this" player to reduce it" or "if u are looking to sell this player this should be the price"

I'd love to be able to interact with players about their weight etc. I have a regen who's very overweight and IRL I'm sure I'd be letting him know that he needs to lose a stone or two.

I'd also like to tell the press I won't be renewing my contract/that I plan to step down at the end of the season and would love to go out on a high.

To be honest, 5785 posts is a lot to wade through so if this has been suggested previously I offer my sincere appologies.

I'm currently spurs and in negotiations with norwich about a young seventeen year old forward (newgen) whom i know will develop into one of the best in the game but due to the high standards set by current players he'll be little more than a cup player at first. So i thought I'll just loan him out but this very rarely works when you have just signed the player. I think a good addition would be to offer the option of loaning the player back to the club after the transfer is complete ?

Why don't you set the transfer date to "end of season"?

Why not have a conceded stat for defenders as well as keepers? The game obviously keeps track - I just played my last game of the season and it picked out one of my centre backs as key man to watch and quoted how many goals we'd conceded while he was playing this season.

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere.

You should be able to have a wife and kids, or a husband. If you decide the secretery is hot today you should have an affair, if you get caught you should be punished. Lose your job and wife for a good time, realistic in all sports is it not Avram?

Dynamic league reps is a must.

I would like to see an all-time XI from players from every club you have managed at. Be nice to see which players over your entire career have served you best.

Tactical Creator for set pieces. With specific role of players which you can assign your players to have specifically during set pieces.

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere.

You should be able to have a wife and kids, or a husband. If you decide the secretery is hot today you should have an affair, if you get caught you should be punished. Lose your job and wife for a good time, realistic in all sports is it not Avram?

I doubt that has been posted elsewhere...

New ideas:

Players (and staff) getting banned for using dope, drugs etc...

Crowd trouble...

Players dying in car accidents, plane crashes etc...

Players getting sexscandals and fighting against teammates...

Manager having a meeting with two players who obviosly dislike each other...

Possibility for asking for a new stadium when the council won't allow anymore extension...

Possibility for national managers to ask a playing with no caps and becoming close to a new citizenship (approx. 6 months before the player gets the possibility for the new citizenship) to become an important player for his new country (example: Cappello asking Almunia becoming an english citizen)

Possibility for national managers to ask players to change clubs to get playing time...

When computer teams want to buy a player they don't come with the same or with lower offers...

Archived