Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

I'd like to be able to tell other managers directly where to go when they state an interest in one of my players

"Alan Shearer declares interest in Sheff Wed's Pereira"

"Sheff Wed's manager tells Alan Shearer to jump off something high-up"

Also, before a major international tournament, there should be more options in preparing your squad. For example, say I am about to take England to the 2010 World Cup; there should be a couple of weeks before the tournament where I can arrange a friendly on any day (like the pre-season for clubs); so for example I could tour a continent, for example playing African clubs away prior to the tournament so my players get used to the climate. You should be able to set your own training schedules (I don't see why national teams have coaches...) and choose where your team's base is; and maybe even setting a "discipline" level; so how much freedom your players get. So you be like Capello and thoroughly restrict them, and perhaps risk your players getting upset and homesick, or go all Steve "Shmoke and a pancake" McLaren on them and let them have freedom, but risk a lack of concentration, or even a Flintoff-style pedalo incident.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about when you're ban from the touchline by the FA for something such as critisizing a ref, or when you appeal against a red card for a player, you should be able to make a case against the bans, rather than it just being randomly generated

What about when you're ban from the touchline by the FA for something such as critisizing a ref, or when you appeal against a red card for a player, you should be able to make a case against the bans, rather than it just being randomly generated

I find the appealing against red cards idea very futile; the 3D match view isn't detailed enough for a human manager to have a proper opinion. I'd like maybe a more detailed replay, just for contentious penalty calls, so you can actually see if the defender gets the ball or the player.

I'd like to be able to tell other managers directly where to go when they state an interest in one of my players

"Alan Shearer declares interest in Sheff Wed's Pereira"

"Sheff Wed's manager tells Alan Shearer to jump off something high-up"

I like this a put up or shut up response "Make a bid or shut up because all your doing is printing newspapers" or "Alan Shearer offered me anyone on his team for this player" That could unsettle their whole team I'd like to hope.

Then they can respond in the press or actually make a bid.

would me nice to get a report during game from your physio on injured players with a +.

for example...

player gets injured but can still play, and physio tells me pulled his hamstring, but can keep playing ,but may increase further injury....etc...

5. Agreed - how possible' date=' unless they appear as a god-like regen AT 17, is it to get a player into your 1st team at a good level if you're a Prem team? Happens IRL; Fowler, Owen, Rooney, etc. Yes, they are mainly strikers, so model that. If you get a 15year old striker enter your youth team at 15, with the best possible potential star rating (3 / 3.5 at most if you're a top top team), there is currently no way you can get him up to a level to play week in week out, including the big games, until he is at the very least 18 (i.e. 4th season in). It just isn't realistic for the OCCASIONAL superstar. You don't want many; one or two between all the premiership teams per season, on average, I would say. This would make me so happy, and the game so much better for those of us that cherish the ability to nurture the youth team, as I do.

Great ideas, mate![/quote']

I love what you added, esp re the youth team.

I also hate when I'm a big club and it doesn't let you add more than one feeder team per year, even if you cancel em.

Also would love just all round more user input...mainly press conferences and opposition instructions, and team talks. Also would love them to expand on the current in game controls for the managers...like a celebrate like a loony instruction. But more seriously the ability to shout at players individual instructions if you see a problem. Would also love to be able to wind up other managers, e.g. Wenger and Curbishley etc etc

And one more thing (for right now) would be the choice of travel expenses as a real world choice. I.E. choose do you want to go down night before, fancy hotel etc etc and how does this impact budgets. This would be especially fun at lower league clubs to see how much you can strip costs down by.

I would also like to see mid season training camps added w/a positive impact on fatigue. seems like IRL a lot of clubs go to La Manga or Portugal for a midweek break in the middle of the year, would like to see that added.

Plus playing national teams on a tour for extra $$ obviously, but United have done it for years.

Surely some of these may have been suggested already. Still, here goes:

- For lack of a better name, I'll call this floating slider adjustments. To explain with an example, say I want to set my team tempo two notches above the standard setting given my tactics. So, when I change my tactics (via shouts or whatever), the new team tempo increases or decreases as well, remaining two notches above the standard for the new tactics.

- Furthermore, I want some of the adjustments to be "programmable", so that player instructions adjust automatically according to the player in a certain position. For example, I want to tell the computer to automatically reduce my AMC's long shots one notch if his long shot attribute is below 15.

- A better way to set up set piece instructions. Assigning roles according to attributes as opposed to positions would be a start.

The main think is to make the match engine as good as an can be, so that the way a team really plays is reflected in game. It's weird seeing Vallancienne FC ping it around like Arsenal.

But apart from the match engine stuff;

Training-The ability to try our different formations/partnerships/tactics in training. If you take over a club in pre-season who you don't know much about IRL, then the friendlies are often not enough to see what is best for the team. With training, you'd be able to see how things work between two defenders for instance, or strikers. I don't want to spend hours on daily training, but just to have a little more immersion and feedback from it other than the arrows pointing up/down/forward etc, and a monthly ass man feedback which is usless.

Also, the option to give players more varied training during the week-i.e;Mon they do set pieces/tactics/ball control, on tuesday they do strength/aerobic/defending and so on. Obviously we'd choose and decide what is best for the players, considering upcoming matches etc, but as it is i don't believe the game woul react to us, the player, doing this in the game as it is. It needs to be a simple format ansd have direct consequences for the upcoming games. If we need to shut out a team who are far superior, we mostly train tactics/set pieces/fitness in the previous days. also, automatically give players wo played the day off after a match, and allow us the option to incease that day, and rest the others who didn't play.

And of course, sort the transfers out please!!! But mostly the match engines bugs, and make the player interaction more dynamic and organic

Also another thought, your u18's manager should actually provide a stat/page of info about each youth teamer. This could/should include:

1) How ready they are to handle physical demands of first team football

2) Ready to make step up to reserve's or lower league first team

3) Technical proficiency (e.g. a lot of Arsenal's team may be technically and skill wise ready but physically nowhere near)

4) Better comparison to current players/targets - i.e. at current rate of progress will be ready for first team in x amount of years/games/never ready etc

5) More adaptable and focussed training to work on targeted areas for youth team. i.e. if not yet physically ready then put in more time to weight lifting etc

6) Ability for youth team manager to be able to devise more individualistic training schedules

7) I've posted before about shifting excess budgets around (mainly to pay off loans that cripple the club), i would like to be able to plough x % of transfer budget to youth development. This seems more realistic, especially the teams like Crewe, West Ham and the like who are doing this and continue to. It really is a business model and much more like real life.

I don't think these are too unreasonable and would love to see them added.

Also have a question: where did these laws come from regarding u18 players at certain countries being unable to move till 18? It doesn't seem like this happens all that much.

Would also love to be able to build academies etc abroad ... not that realistic but seems best way to replicate way Wenger has an affinity for the young Africans.

Also feel like Asia is still an untapped resource for players...i send scouts to china and out of 1.3 billion people there are never any talented youngsters...seems somewhat unrealistic. not even talking about with say Yankchester United, but even with Wigan, or Crystal Palace

Keep up good work on FM 2011

Dear God! Just make the team able to STOP THE DAMN BAD RESULTS STREAK. I got sacked in at least 3 saves after overachieving for multiple seasons. Just get unlucky with the draw and get 4 tough opponents in a row and you are screwed.

I would like this simple request. When I send more than one scout to scout a competition, I don't want them to watch the same game and come back with the same recommendations.

Best suggestion yet.

At present you can make as many tactical changes during the course of a match as you like. You can change the formation ten or more times if you wish swapping player positions and changing their individual instructions each time.

In reality once the match has started managers are reduced to shouting instructions from the technical area and because of this their instructions have to be short to the point and basic.

At half time managers have only fifteen minutes to make any changes they want to the shape and style of the teams play and give words of advice and encouragement.

These constraints on a manager’s ability to influence his team once they’re playing are not adequately reflected in the game.

My suggestion is three fold firstly a revamp of training so formations mentalities marking schemes; tempos etc all have to be learnt in training. I.e. If you want to use two formations during a season you need to train the team for them. You can devote equal time to both but neither will get the maximum benefit. If on the other hand you devote all your training to 4-4-2 then the team will be very proficient in that formation but will suffer a significant penalty if you choose to go 3-3-4 when chasing a match.

Like wise marking do you train zonerly or man marking and do you train intensively on the marking system at the expense of other tactical options the offside trap, counter attacking etc.

My second idea is to limit the changes that can be made during a match to touch line shouts only and to restrict the tactical changes that can be achieved via them to less then the full tactical screen can accomplish. During the game you can shout at your back line to push up but not specify exactly how high the line should be.

My last suggestion is that the fifteen minute half time interval limits how much a manager can do and the game should reflect this by making every tactical change or individual team talk use up an allocation of time. I feel that would introduce a new tactical decision to the game do you spend time telling the full backs to close down higher up the pitch or do you put your arm around the nervous young keeper making his début and try and give him some confidence

Further to this, I'd like my scout's/coach's assessment of my own players to grow over time. So if my staff's original PA assessment is, say, 165 but the player's hidden PA is actually 175, after a year or two of getting to know the player really well my staff will give an assessment closer to the real (hidden) PA of 175. Likewise, if I aggressively scout a player or team my staff's assessments will be closer to their hidden PA.

I do find it odd how they have a star rating for the coach reports but numbers on player abilities.

I'd like to be able to unlock "Classic matches". So for example, the Stanley Matthews FA Cup final.

You could view it like a saved match, but it's FM representing a real life match in its simulator.

FM to fix the awards thingy at the end of a season. It's just stupid to be honest. Norwich manager wins Manager of the Year for taking Norwich, 5-1 favourites to win the title and predicted first to win the title. Me, guides predicted 24th team to second and I don't even get in the top three, but Notts County's manager, who comes sixth and was predicted 7th, does. Then, in my Ton Pentre Career, finish my first season (started unemployed, got first job at start of second season) 5th when predicted 17th and guide the team to both the Loosemores League Cup Final and Welsh Cup Final, George Shaw who took over in late December 10 points clear at the top wins Manager of they year for winning the title and guiding them to one final (they are already in the League Cup Final) with 1 game to go.

Player awards are even worse: my centre back who has been in every team of the month (with the exception of April, where he only played one game) and has the highest average rating for a defender doesn't make team of the season. He isn't even shortlisted for player of the season. I just don't understand. :S

Like the classic matches idea, there should be at least one for every professional club in the major footballing nations with a couple of others but that may take a few years. I'd take around just ten, as long as a Leeds game (preferably the FA Cup Centenary Final) is in it.

my wish for the new fm would be to implement a set piece creator using the 3d match engine!!!

how i think it should work would be as normal you have the player settings on left like near post flick etc, and on the right you have the 3d view with a little play/reherse button of some sorts so you can fiddle around with different player settings to see what gets you scoring!!

the amount of people on the forums asking how to setup corners or free kicks is crazy there should be a way of tinkering and having a visual view of how your settings work..

(all be it yes it wont work against every team but thats football)

the over thing i think needs to be done is defensive throw in setups, with the likes of the rory delap throw becoming more common you should be able to setup players the same way you can defensive free kicks/corners it just needs to be in the game...:)

Some simple suggestions for the editor mode:

When you are creating a new player:

- while choosing what his skin and hair colours are, there should be a little picture of what you guy will look like using the 3d engine.

- you should be able to add photos for people. If there's a licensing issue over some players, why not make it so you can only add pictures for players you've created?

- when you are editing the attributes of players, you should be able to get a little description of what each ones entails. I find too many of them too vague, for example I assumed that a Temperament of 20 would result in a volatile player, but actually that would be a temperament of 1.

My wishlist is pretty straightforward:

1. More options for player interaction, being able to take the team out for parties, restaurants, etc to improve squad morale. Also being able to hold squad meetings when reports appear in the press about a player being upset about lack of discipline, etc

2. a set piece editor and improved training - the feedback from the current training doesn't really say enough. for example, the ass man report tells me that a player has dropped in pace, but goes into no more detail. In my game I have a number of older players where this kind of drop is to be expected - it would be nice if the report reflected that, somethng like:

"player x has dropped in his pace this month, but given his age is still training as well as can be expected"

3. rather than having the board tell me I am allowed x coaches and y scouts, give me a staff wage budget and let me decide what kind of staff i want to employ.

4. training camps - one of the few features i like in fifa manager is being able to send the players off to training camps for a couple of weeks.

5. When a player is red carded and the post match action message is opened, a button to opena detailed view of the incident before deciding whether to appeal the decision, impose a fine, etc. Also a note on the screen saying "this player has had x red cards and y yellow cards this season, the last incident being ..." showing the last match prior to this incident where he was carded by the ref.

6. A calendar where I can actually make a note of things that are coming in the future, like where a scout report states ".. approach the player on a precontract in 6 months". It would be good to be able to set a reminder for that date.

sorry if this has already been suggested but how about an option to learn a language throughout any part of your career. By doing so it can help boost morale of foreign players with the same nationality as what you have learnt and help with going to clubs in the countries nationality you have learnt (and stop getting asked that stupid question in press conferences about you not having the knowledge of the language).

sorry if this has already been suggested but how about an option to learn a language throughout any part of your career. By doing so it can help boost morale of foreign players with the same nationality as what you have learnt and help with going to clubs in the countries nationality you have learnt (and stop getting asked that stupid question in press conferences about you not having the knowledge of the language).

It would be fun if the UI started changing and in news reports you get random words that are in Spanish or Italian or wherever you're managing? (With a roll over of course in place so you can read it properply)

But imagine learning a new language by playing FM? That would be great.

(I understood that you meant that it comes up as a stat that you speak a language)

Okay, so I was thinking this after watching my Villarreal team dominate possession and pour 30 shots onto the Levante goal, 20 of which were from long range.

Now I appreciate that this can be a tactical problem, but I play a 4-2-3-1 with 3 AMC's and my 2 MC's, despite being on long shots rarely, and not having any long-shot PPM's just fire it at goal from 30 yards, without even looking for a pass. I find that my tactic works well most of the time, with them hardly shooting, but if they're playing poorly anyway they result to being selfish.

This is one example but there will be many other variants, but basically I'd like to see some sort of developed player-interaction where the manager can effectively say: 'you're not doing what I told you' - you can tell him to do things more or less, or they'll be dropped, or rested until they learn to do it in matches properly. I suppose it's a bit of a furthering of the PPM function, but one that's slightly less rigid and may add some more depth.

Latest scores in return matches - they should include aggregate scores also, and maybe team that is leading on aggregates atm could be hzighlighted in another color.

At present you can make as many tactical changes during the course of a match as you like. You can change the formation ten or more times if you wish swapping player positions and changing their individual instructions each time.

In reality once the match has started managers are reduced to shouting instructions from the technical area and because of this their instructions have to be short to the point and basic.

At half time managers have only fifteen minutes to make any changes they want to the shape and style of the teams play and give words of advice and encouragement.

These constraints on a manager’s ability to influence his team once they’re playing are not adequately reflected in the game.

My suggestion is three fold firstly a revamp of training so formations mentalities marking schemes; tempos etc all have to be learnt in training. I.e. If you want to use two formations during a season you need to train the team for them. You can devote equal time to both but neither will get the maximum benefit. If on the other hand you devote all your training to 4-4-2 then the team will be very proficient in that formation but will suffer a significant penalty if you choose to go 3-3-4 when chasing a match.

Like wise marking do you train zonerly or man marking and do you train intensively on the marking system at the expense of other tactical options the offside trap, counter attacking etc.

My second idea is to limit the changes that can be made during a match to touch line shouts only and to restrict the tactical changes that can be achieved via them to less then the full tactical screen can accomplish. During the game you can shout at your back line to push up but not specify exactly how high the line should be.

My last suggestion is that the fifteen minute half time interval limits how much a manager can do and the game should reflect this by making every tactical change or individual team talk use up an allocation of time. I feel that would introduce a new tactical decision to the game do you spend time telling the full backs to close down higher up the pitch or do you put your arm around the nervous young keeper making his début and try and give him some confidence

I was thinking of this last point a couple of days ago. In the 15 minutes the manager is going to be mainly dealing with explaining the tactical changes he wants players to make. There's no way that on top of that he's going to be able to give individual team talks to each player saying whether he's happy/unhappy with each person's performance.

I'd like to see a box for automatically changing yellow carded players tackling to medium/soft.

Also at the moment if a short term injury happens to a defender another player eg midfielder doesn't drop back to cover that hole. I guess this is more a bug than a change.

I've been thinking about something that would be quite fun (IMO) when the problem with removing you from Legends/Icons/Favoured Personnel gets sorted, it may have been thought of before so I apologise if this is a repetition.

Basically, we always see that when you get promoted or sign a good new player one of the Legends of your team comes out and gives an opinion on it. Well, I'd like to see that implemented with you if you're a Legend or whatever. So if your old team signs a new player or gets promoted, the media come to you for an opinion and you say "Tremendous achievement" or "I could've done it" or "With the money they have it was always expected", etc.

Just a thought.

Nut up or Shut up.

Someone alluded to this higher up the page, and I would have to agree. I spent a whole summer with my attacking midfielder transfer listed by request, valued at £19.5m, 12 months after I'd bought him for £20.5m. Every news report where he said he wanted to leave was finished by "Barcelona are rumoured to be interested". He issued a 'come and get me plea' to Barcelona, I offered him to Barca for £20.5m, and the only offer I got was a cheeky loan bid from Galatasary.

I want to either be able to point out to him that no-one wants him, or tell Barcelona that they should come and make a bid now, not drag it out over the whole summer. I had a similar thing with another player, where Inter declared interest in him for about a year, seriously unsettling him. At no point, did they ever even enquire about him. Something along the lines of "Make an offer, or stop talking about him", rather than just issuing a hands off warning every time.

Depending on Results

Picture the season. There are two games left in the season, and I am two points off top, but with a far superior goal difference. After going 2-0 up after 10 minutes in my game, I have no interest whatsoever. The team who is top though, is still 0-0. When all I have to rely on is the latest scores section pointing this out, its incredibly tense.

Could I not have one of the following?

:: I send a scout or coach to the other game, and he has a box (similar to assistants feedback) letting me know how the other game is going. (Just roughly, ie, does anyone look like scoring?)

:: More feedback from the commentary, ie, mentioning that the top side are all over their opponents.

Something I have wanted for a while.

A new stat based around key passes, a "potential assist" if you like. This would be on the selection screen along with Goals Scored/Assists/Yellow/Red Cards etc.

Basically this stat would be telling you how effective your players are at creating goal scoring opportunities, without relying on your crap strikers putting the ball in the net.

eg You play a game in which

Attempts on Goal 10

On target 5

Clear cut Chances 4

You may have only scored one goal in this game, but 4 clear cut chances were created, 2 by player A (who also gets an assist), 1 by player B and 1 by player C

At the end of the game the stats (that end up on player histories) for player A would read

assists 1

Potential assists 2

I'll shut up now....:)

I feel that there should be a 'pat on the shoulder' type of option in player interaction. For example, a player beefs off to the media about something and then makes an apology. Under some circumstances it might be a good thing to have an option which would help to mend fences with him.

Something I have wanted for a while.

A new stat based around key passes, a "potential assist" if you like. This would be on the selection screen along with Goals Scored/Assists/Yellow/Red Cards etc.

Basically this stat would be telling you how effective your players are at creating goal scoring opportunities, without relying on your crap strikers putting the ball in the net.

eg You play a game in which

Attempts on Goal 10

On target 5

Clear cut Chances 4

You may have only scored one goal in this game, but 4 clear cut chances were created, 2 by player A (who also gets an assist), 1 by player B and 1 by player C

At the end of the game the stats (that end up on player histories) for player A would read

assists 1

Potential assists 2

I'll shut up now....:)

Key passes comes pretty close to that already.

Small, and easy to implement:

I would love to search players for their natural position.

If i want a winger, i dont want an AMC with accomplished RW etc.

So at the Search Players for Position.

There is:

- Is

- Is not

I would love to see:

- Is natural...

1. when an opponent is booked or has an injury, I'd like the ability to tell my players to go right at him.

2. when hovering over the goal/card icons at the bottom of the 3d match screen it should tell me who got the card etc.

3. be able to tell my players not to kick the ball out when someone is injured

4. have an option so players booked automatically go to easy tackling.

5. be able to change dead ball takers on the fly

6. when negotiating a bid, I should be able to tell the other team to pay me when exchanging players if my player's value is greater.

7. be able to offer a player to a specific team

8. offer money to teams to take my players on loan.

Would agree, but there is no way of finding out how many key passes a player has made in a season. Unless I'm missing something totally obvious :)

And maybe a clear cut chances scored % might be interesting.

I want to see an improved scouting for FM 2011:

A list where you specify what you are looking for on the market, say a cheap full back with experience from any national team, and a striker with experience from the Premier Leauge that might be interested to sign for your team in the Championship. Then all your scouts and coaches may recommend players that fits the criterias on that list.

I'm tired, so apologies if my english does not make sense today.

Before you decide on which club to manage it would be useful if you could have some basic financial information. For example, it would help to avoid choosing a club where the only thing you can do is to get rid of players at the start of the season in order to reduce the wages to within the budget laid down by the Board. While some people may enjoy such a challenge, not everybody does and it can be an irritating waste of time having to start all over again.

Regarding the commentary:

1) The start of the second half of the match. We have the kick off of the first half and restarts so why not the second half?

2) Goals scored during the match:

"And <team> are now ahead 2-0". "Nearly half time and <team> are trailing 1-0" etc etc

Archived