Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

would it be possible for a national team coach to choose the stadium on which to play?many countries play their home games on more than one stadium!they have a number of stadiums from which they choose!could this be implemented in fm considering the stadium are already in the game?this is best for managers because they can select the stadium that works best with their tactic!

would it be possible for a national team coach to choose the stadium on which to play?many countries play their home games on more than one stadium!they have a number of stadiums from which they choose!could this be implemented in fm considering the stadium are already in the game?this is best for managers because they can select the stadium that works best with their tactic!

yes thats a good idea:thup:

right, i always prefer a maximum sized pitch, so that i can play direct passing, and mainly on the wings :D:thup:

I think a good addition may be players recomending to play in a differernt role . for example:

'Sergio Aguero has said he thinks he is being wasted in a forward role and would like to play deeper off the striker'

or

'Joa moutinho believes he does not play best in the Att role of midfeild that he has been playing of late , and would prefer to play deeper in the middle'

What do we think?

This did happen to me once - I was forced to put Fellaini in goal for the last half hour of a game after an injury, and he had words. Something along the lines of "You're wasting me there, I should be played in CM, I'll leave if you don't play me there, blah, blah". I don't know if it does it for small scale positional changes though.

I like the idea in principle, but sometimes I will play someone out of position somewhat in order to make my formation work. I think I'd need the option to be able do a Cloughie... "We'll have a sitdown, and see what you think we should do, and then we'll decide I was right."

Each club to have a young player of the year.

:thup:

Nothing major, probably not even listed in the Biography as a major achievement, but each club does tend to do a young player. Also, I don't know whether this is too much, but quite often regions will have their own awards, for example, there is a North-East Writers award - generally given to a Middlesbrough, Newcastle or Sunderland player (or sometimes Darlo or Pools)

Or is that just too many awards?

More International Interaction

I liked the idea above of talking someone out of international retirement, maybe promise to include him in future squads, and if you drop him for anything other than injury, he retires again.

I seem to remember on an old FM (or maybe even CM), you could tip your own players for international call-ups. Maybe include this in press conferences - say you think so-and-so could be pushing for a call-up, or maybe you don't think he's ready yet.

And, when one of your players is dropped from the international team, I could say that I think they'll miss him, or that they do have a lot of good players, or that I'm pleased that he'll stay injury-free for us. You could even further it to have a go at an international manager if one of your players does get injured in an international friendly.

Maybe even ask me who I think will win the World Cup? I'm asked who I think will win footballer of the year often enough. After the tournament, I would like my scouts to write a report as well summarising who did well (perhaps surprisingly), and whether they think I should take a closer look at anyone.

Financial planning.

I'd like to be able to put money aside for things like training ground redevelopment, rather than waiting for the board to tell me I've accumulated enough money to do it immediately.

For instance (how I'd like to see it happen - new bits in bold):

> I want to upgrade my training ground. I ask the board to do this for me.

> The baord say I can't do it, the club can't afford it. They tell me it will cost £2.5m

> I sell a player for £4m. I wish to sign a couple of cheap players, but also want to put £500,000 aside for the new training ground. I can do this in a similar way to the current Budget Adjustment slider. (Perhaps this money can only come out of my transfer budget, or something similar).

> Once the target of £2.5m has been reached, I can ask again/tell the board to build the new training complex for me.

AND/OR

Perhaps the board could offer me a range of upgrades to choose from: Good training ground/excellent training ground/world-leading training ground, and a matching set of budgets to choose from.

AND/OR

Perhaps I could opt for different features. A new gym costs £500,000. Improved physio/medical facilities cost £750,000. Six new pitches cost £200,000. I could opt for all and get a minor 'bulk buying discount', with the combined cost coming in at £1.3m (instead of the £1.45m the individual parts add up to)

[Obviously, I'm plucking figures out of the air in these examples]

More occasional training updates.

When a player is not in the first team, I can tell them that if they apply themselves in training, I'll give them a chance. In these situations, I wouldn't mind one of my coaches shouting up (in backroom advice maybe?) that he's looking sharp in training.

First off, I wouldn't want this every week, or it'll be annoying. Just an occasional thing of say, Your coach AB thinks John Smith has really applied himself well in training this week. He has looked very sharp. AB recommends giving him some match time. Or it could go the other way, Your coach AB thinks Jonny O'Smith has looked tired in training this week. He recommends you give the player a rest this weekend.

Make the 2D and 3D ME into two separate things.

What I'm saying is not making two different MEs, but making one available and the other not working.

Let me clarify. If I choose to uptick the 3D only the 2D only show up. The same would happen when i check the box that activates the 3D, the 2D should disappear. It would create much less confusion.

Drop the box that show the key moment please it occupies space and it is pretty much pointless.

Also for the love of all that is good, drop the team talks and opposition instructions when I choose for Ass. Manager. This is stupid, pointless and makes me feel the game is incomplete. If I choose for my Ass. manager to hendle them why I'm being force to see them?

Bring back automatic stop of match time when making subs. At least make it an option in the preferences.

One features that i keep waiting For FM to have is interaction with the referee. Just wanna follow how everytime Sir Alex will rant at the ref. Although now we can only complain when there is unallowed goal, it will be better if we can interact with the ref himself. Like mind - games , lol

I'd like a little "REPLAY" button next to the match time bar. When you hit it it automatically replays the last 5 seconds gameplay in slow motion.

I know you can set it to do it for goals which is great, but the highlights are often way too long or not actual highlights. Basically it would be just like quickfire slow motion replays you see on TV for fouls, near misses, offside calls, etc.

Also...

I would like two extra camera options:

1. Train the camera on a player of your choice by simply clicking on them

2. Have a wide-angle 3rd person camera view which rotates with the player's direction of motion or is fixed towards wherever the ball is

I would find these camera options very valuable as I sometimes attend games while scouting and frankly I only care about the performance of the player I'm looking at buying.

I would like the following:

to delegate arranging friendlies better e.g get me 7 games for 1st team 4 for 2nd team and a pre-season tour of Scotland

to be able to identify players i wish to offload and then instruct an agent to broker the deals and just come back to me with for the final yes or no on the move

more flexibility to initiate comments at press conf e.g I believe my player "joe.Bloggs" should be in England squad

In Lower leagues game to be more realistic e.g replicating the massive short term turnover of players, players signing 1 month contracts etc

With opposition instructions, and show onto foot: a useful option would be 'show outside' or 'show inside' for wide players.

Right now, for instance, I'm playing against Real Madrid and I'd like to try and show Ronaldo (AML) and Kaka (AMR) outside, because I know they've got a pair of midgets in the box. So I click to show Ronaldo on to his left and Kaka on to his right - but when they swap flanks every now and again, I'm actually encouraging them inside.

Originally posted here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=191953

Occassionally parts of FM, really make you step back into reality, as they don't seem integrated with the rest of the game.

For example, when you are rumoured to be up for a job.

Unless you're actively looking for somewhere to go, you're probably not aware of that job even becoming available - all of a sudden the media want to you to make a statement and if you might be interested, you need to quickly work out if you might have any kind of chance and then decide how to respond. Unless they then offer you the job, you don't hear any more about it.

It's completely disconnected from the rest of the experience, but did give me a new idea.

My suggestion would be: for example when a job becomes insecure, or clubs start sniffing around a manager with the intention of poaching him, in real life the club will start to explore its options. This could be implemented in such a way that your agent comes to you and says "Wycombe want to know if you're interested in so and so opportunity if their current manager leaves". It could be expanded that you could ask your agent to look for clubs and he could tout your services, which might then prompt more sackings because a club thinks it could attract you. You could use it, when you can see that it's going to be very difficult to take your current club any further, without massive time consolodating, to progress your career whilst its at a peak.

Obviously there would be a risk/reward strategy in terms of the more you are being enquired about, or your getting your agent to tout your services, the more risk the press get wind of it and which could be linked to the current effects of declaring interest in a job or expanded, to make it more likely the board will agree to a request, or give you a new contract etc, and you could therefore have a sort of "semi-ultimatum", where you deliberately "leak" the information to try and get the board to do something for you in return for your loyalty.

It would also allow us more fine control over where we might take our careers. Your favorite club are already more likely to hire you, but in this way you could have subtle influence over being more likely to get a job in Italy, or more likely to get the Barcelona job than the Madrid one.

Going further, I'm sure the scope could be expanded further to staff recruitment and player recruitment, to give the more real world flavour of the "legal tapping" up we see today in transfers, or to express players wishes, to go to or avoid certain leages and clubs.

1.Director of Football.There is a huge thread read it SI!

2.Better Training.Not time consuming but rational and more interactive.

3.Scout networks.IRL you cant say to a scout to go to Brazil alone and just find random players.You have to have big network for that.

Also force the AI to use scouts and find players by form not CA/PA like now.The AI buys wonder kids without they play a game at their old club.

4.Manager stats-Some RPG elements not to make the game RPG but some stats like training effect or tactic knowledge for us the managers.

5.Make an ultimatum work sometimes or remove it from the game.

6.Be able to train tactics and formations during the training with the team.

7.The psychos should have more input in the game for exp better medical team and facilities the more a player can play at top level exp. Milan.

8.Room for tactical innovations in the wizard for exp playing AML with terquarista pre set sliders.

1.Director of Football.There is a huge thread read it SI!

2.Better Training.Not time consuming but rational and more interactive.

3.Scout networks.IRL you cant say to a scout to go to Brazil alone and just find random players.You have to have big network for that.

Also force the AI to use scouts and find players by form not CA/PA like now.The AI buys wonder kids without they play a game at their old club.

4.Manager stats-Some RPG elements not to make the game RPG but some stats like training effect or tactic knowledge for us the managers.

5.Make an ultimatum work sometimes or remove it from the game.

6.Be able to train tactics and formations during the training with the team.

7.The psychos should have more input in the game for exp better medical team and facilities the more a player can play at top level exp. Milan.

8.Room for tactical innovations in the wizard for exp playing AML with terquarista pre set sliders.

point 7.....if you are employing a PSYCHO:eek:......good luck mate might be interesting ;)

go for a physio mate;)

only kidding with you.............your points on training are very valid:thup:

I'd like a feature that means the FA can take action against referee's who make too many bad decisions. Like if you were denied a penalty.. or a goal was offside, you can complain against the ref and if it carries on and your claims are corrent, the FA take action and ban him. Do referee's come through youth systems on the games? Have never noticed...

Anyone remember LMA manager? when you used to build a new stadium?

You got to choose the look of the stadium and each stand if you wish. I think it would be a nice addition

I like this idea. I realise it's not overly realistic, but like FML, I enjoy the stadium building, as it gives you the option to make a unique stadium...

This is one thing I thought about when sorting out ym tactics yesterday which is a tactic's board for set pieces.

This would pretty much just be a picture of the penalty area and then various shapes for all the players, and then you can right click on them and then move them to where you want them to run from and where to.

Feedback will be appreciated and I may change post to incorporate any possible ideas.

I'm sorry if this has been posted before but I would like to relationships between fellow managers and players developed a bit more rather than just a comment if you like him or not, which I think is a little vague. I'm thinking mainly in the area of recommending players. You could possibly approach the manager of a national team with the idea of looking to develop a working relationship where they would not necessarily work as a scout but every now and again alert you to the presence of an emerging talent. For example, a relationship could be forged with the national manager of Ivory Coast, who could then based on that relationship recommend a 17-year old home-based player to come to the club for a trial with a view of a transfer. Another take on this is also being able to recommend players to other managers or affiliated teams that you may not want to sign but you think would be good for another team. This could then lead to friendships and afilliates. Also relationships with players who then move into coaching / management could also lead to a similar thing.

What i'd like in future version is the capacity to really mould your managerial personality, and for the personalities of other club managers to be inline with how we see them in the media. I have no idea how, but at the moment it's quite generic.

Also i was thinking today about being able to choose your managerial history with better accuracy. ~For instance, we are given options that can determine our standing in the game. So instead of being a newbie manager taking over Real Madrid which is not realistic, you have to choose an club that relates to your standing in the game.

You can choose, before the game starts, to be a complete newbie at managment yet perhaps be a well known coach/ass manager in the industry already, and so this limits the types of jobs you can go after- Man utd would not employ you, but Preston might. Or you can choose to be a internationally famous megastar manager like Jose, who has won in Europe and lot's of titles- Thus, Manchester Utd most definatley would employ you, and the players at the club would respond accordingly, and it'd be easier to attract players. It would never explicitly state your history, but you can assume you managed a major clubs or clubs somewhere in europe, although these are never disclosed. There should be various options like these to choose from, and therefore you can start creating who you want to be in the managment game. Perhaps a journeyman option, where you have managed in many different leagues but never settled, or a promisng young english manager option and so on....

People may say this takes the challenge out of the game, but really we should have the choice. If someone wants to be a Mourinho, then that is there choice and would not make the game easier per se. If someone wants a challenge then choose a lowly option and see which clubs will have you and then build your reputation if you can.

Plus greater and more organic interaction with other managers, so in a way you can play mind games etc, and obviously better press interaction, which agaian is generic at this stage of FM evolution!

Contracts

Firstly - I want the game to stop auto continuing when a players min fee is met and when teams offer a contract to a player whose contract is expiring. I want to be able to counter offer. It should not auto continue.

And

I don't like the current setup of when contracts are expiring. You're told about 3 or 4 of your main players, but unless you check into that other screen about contracts expiring you could miss 2 or 3 other players that don't show up when the Ass Man says "The highest profile players are ...."

Even the layout of this other contract screen is messy and confusing at times. And it's such a long-winded way of offering contracts.

It should be way simpler to offer contracts to multiple players that expiring. It comes up with tick boxes beside each player you want to renew.

Tick the players, continue, then go through each contract negotiation window.

I'd prefer something like the following:

6 months prior to expiration Assistanat Manager requests that the player come into the office to discuss contract.

That way you get each player turning up for contract negotiations, and you're given a screen with:

"Tevez arrives at your office to discuss contract. Tevez has scored 25 times season and features regularly, he's had a 85% shot/goal accuracy and has good form".

Contract offer below

"Wonderkid Ulche Usman has arrived in your office to discuss contract, at 17 he's played 12 first team games and subbed 5 times, average rating of 7.10. Assistant Manager recommends that no wage increase should be offered but a bonus for matches played and performance related bonuses would be best at this time. Assistant Manager notices that Usman has a release clause of 1.2m but is currently valued at 2m and recommends that the release fee should be increased to 10m to deter other teams"

Contract offer below

"Youth player Graham Stack arrives to discuss contract. Graham has struggled to make it in the reserves, he's played 10 times season and only managed a rating of 5.0. Graham has a youth rating of **(silver) and the Assistant Manager does not recommend you offer a new contract"

Contract offer below

And so on.

Ok I got a bit wordy with the description from the ass man.

But I think it would seriously improve the game play.

*I've explained more and opened a discussion here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=192878

I dont know if the game allows you and its just my bad luck, but it happens in real life all the time. I want to be able to buy a youngster and loan them out immediatly rather than waiting to the next transfer window because although teams are interested they 'dont see it as a viable option'

With the news of the great Guus Hiddink managing Turkey from August and also being allowed by Turkey to manage Ivory Coast in the World Cup, I wonder if this will be allowed in future Football Manager versions.

Also a later start to a international management contract ... will that also be added to future FM versions ? what do you all think about boths options ??

1. I'd like to be able to arange my squad how I want it. I'm a little anal and it irks me to have a dc/dm who I play in midfield down with the defenders.

2. More hoop la de da. I want more accolades for winning, like interviews about winning teams first champs league or league etc.

3. More fuss when legendary managers like fergie retire instead of him just dissapearing.

4. More effort when I'm a club legend and am winding down my contract to try and make me stay.

5. A setup much like a clubs competion history of all comps I've won whith which team and dates etc.

6. NOT JUST LEAGUE GOALS to be added up on player history. And on club history a total for all goals scored by a player.

7. I'd like to be able to jig my resources. I don't want 50 coaches and 18 scouts! I and most others would obviously want more scouts.

That's all for now. :)

Something that has been missing for a long long time is stating a reason why you have resigned from clubs. For example on FM2009 I won the Champion's League twice with Rangers using a team I'd largely built from newgens (it was 2018) but I was finding it hard to keep them in Glasgow and they were getting upset when I turned down transfers and it was undermining the team. So I resigned because I didn't think I could take the team any further. I'd like to have had the opportunity to state this, rather than just resigning out of the blue and dissapearing as it looked like in the game. It should have some kind of effect upon your popularity at the club aswell, as it looks a lot better than a random resignation.

No idea whether this has been posted, but I've had this idea for some time now.

Instead of all this buying a club/academy stuff with your career earnings, why can't you invest this money you have back into your own club - for example as payment for a loan fee, or a signing on fee for a big-name player. This happened in real life at Birmingham, where David Sullivan paid for Christian Benitez's loan fee shortly before leaving the club as chairman.

Could be particularly useful in the lower leagues.

A clause in the loans - you must play [player name] 10 times by Jan or you send him back

This

Loan Back Clause

When you buy a player from a lower league team, particularly a youngster, including a clause in the contract that you will loan said player back to that club for the rest of the season (or perhaps more) would be an excellent and realistic. Teams do this regularly in real life and it would really make sense to add it.

The selling team would thereby be more willing to sell as they are securing a fee for the player; the player continues to get first team action; and the buying club have secured their future asset.

And this.

In the "Playing History" section of a players profile details on all games played in (including Cup, Continental and International games be displayed. It has annoyed me for years that after the current year all stats for players other than league appearances disapear from their profile. It may not be possible to have thenm show on one screen, but an option to switch between league/cup/international games would be one option to consider.

One other would be that if you want to cut multiple personnel (be it players or staff) by terminating their contract or by mutual termination you have the option to do so by selecting all of the players/staff and doing it in one click rather than by having to do it one player/coach/scout/physio at a time.

When I started my current game I made a lot of changes to the backroom staff and it took a long time just to work through all of them to offer a mutual termination to each and every effected coach/physio/scout.

If I had a FM wish...

I would wish I could customize the number of coaches in the active database when I start a new game. I can load players from all over the world's many leagues through a custom database, but I'm stuck with the same domestic coaches from the active leagues. What about a "load all staff from top leagues" button? Or load "all staff from national teams"? Or "load all staff with continental reputation"?

This is lousy because I want to be able to grow my club's scouting knowledge for the entire world by adding coaches from various countries with various knowledge, but the coaches active in the game are limited. 500 Danish coaches, but not a single one with North American scouting knowledge. Or Southeast Asian. I can scout there and I can custom load players from those countries, but not coaches. :(

Suggestions:

1) Option to allow or not "B team" manager to contract / buy new players;

2) Another player search option similar to "EU nationality", but called "Do not count as foreign". As in Spain African players are not considered foreigners, this option would help a lot;

Regards

Make the ground rules apply ie a club with 400seats shouldn't be allowed in the epl without having to start building/ground sharing etc. This creates a bug where you can sell more season tickets than seats allowed for the game

Scrap the 5 star scouting reports. It's woefully unhelpfull. In it's place I would like to be given numbers based on the hidden PA. So, for example, if a player has a hidden PA of 180 a scout would tell me the player's potential is between 170-190. And this range would be dictated by the scouts ability. A scout with a 20 for judging player potential would give you a range 10 on either side of the actual number. A scout with a 15 would give you a range 20 on either side. And so on. This number could also be adjusted up or down depending on the scout's knowledge of the player's country.

I'd also like to have a CA total at the bottom of the Attributes screen. Obviously, if I just added up all the attributes I would have the total. But that's too much work. I like to keep tabs on the player's CA to track their progress. If a player's CA increases 10 or more every six month period, their training is working. If it increases less than 5, I probably need to tinker with how he trains. I know you can use the attributes graph to track progress, but a single number is easier to check on.

Another thing I'd like is to have staff tell me why a players attributes suddenly take a nose dive. I get it when a player is old, but when an uninjured player in his prime suddenly has all red arrows on his attributes screen I would like to know why...at least a hint!

The ability to put scouts, coaches etc into a shortlist as well!!

I've mentioned this before previous versions. It's difficult to remember a shedload of names. When you place an advert and get up to excellent response it becomes difficult remembering which of them are any good so you have to look through them all again.

The fact you still can't utterly baffles me.

The sooner the better really. If it's left until we 'announce' the game then we've already decided what is going to be in it so there aren't likely to be any major additions on top of that.

Ideas for the future are always welcome

Here are some ideas of mine, dunno if already being said, no time to read all these suggestions :)

- Keep some kind of history for the tutoring part (I do it in notes now manually). Otherwise you keep forgetting which mentor you already appointed to a certain youngster.

- Same for learning new moves. If he has failed on something you get a message he has failed. But no mention on WHAT he has failed. Would be good to mention this since it has no use to keep trying him to learn a certain move.

That was it for now.

Thanks for reading SI.

I'd like the ability to field weakened teams in the last games of the season and not have it affect confidence if we lose badly.

Example: You win the league with games to spare. You decide instead of risking your best players in meaningless games, you field the reserves. Have a team-talk included along the lines of "Playing for a final place". Players with high motivation will play blinders to try and get in the cup final 11. Also, draw criticism from managers or become friendly with ones, like losing to a team that goes on to stay up, or losing to a team and another qualifying for the CL/EL or playoffs depending on which league.

Archived