Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

I have a suggestion that came out of my frustration with the Hall Of Fame

I am playing as a Welsh Premier League side, and have won 3 leagues and 4 domestic cups. However, in the Hall of Fame I am only credited with 2 cup wins. I suggested some sort of points system be allocated to each cup. FrazT pointed out, correctly, that in this case you might have a lower league manager overtaking a much higher manager simply because they've won more at their level. To combat this, I made this suggestion:

20 points for winning English FA Cup

15 points for winning Carling/League Cup

10 points for winning JPT trophy

7 points for winning FA Trophy

5 points for winning FA Vase

20 points for winning English Premier League

17 points for winning English Championship

15 points for winning League 1

10 points for winning League 2

7 points for winning BSP

5 points for winning BSP North/South

This would mean, for example, you would have to WIN the BSP North FOUR times to equal ONE win in the Premier League..and who is going to do that, unless you get promoted 4 times and relegated 4 times..which i see as completely insane. As I pointed out to FrazT, if you apply the points for the BSP, FA Trophy and Vase to the Welsh Premier, Loosemores Cup and Welsh Cup, I would be on 45 points, still some 27 behind John Toshack who has league wins in Turkey and other european honours. I would need 2 more leagues and 2 Loosemore cups to overtake him, by which time I would probably have won more honours than him. The disparity between the points could be even greater, say:

20 points for winning Premier League

15 points for winning Championship

7 points for winning League 1

5 points for winning League 2

3 points for winning BSP

1 point for winning BSP North South

I would think that people who are into career games would appreciate an overhaul of the HOF, and this seems like a logical solution.....this way, ALL championships, cups, etc, have relevance for the HOF, but there would still be a massive gap between lower and higher divisions. Of course, if you start in the BSP North and win every single cup and every single league, you're going to rack up massive points...31 just for the leagues in my last suggestion, but is it REALLY likely to happen...and if it DOES...you deserve the points IMO!

It does inevitably mean that a highly successful lower league manager might overhaul a less successful higher league manager, but in leagues with promotion and relegation, in 99% of cases, surely the lower league manager would have progressed to a higher league in the amassing of points, therefore rendering that argument irrelevant.

Another possible solution is that if you get relegated from a division, you LOSE the same HOF points you would for winning. So, a manager gets his team from the Championship to the Premiership as champions, gets 15 points. However, he immediately gets them relegated, and LOSES 20 POINTS. Therefore, if he gets them promoted again...like some clubs recently, he is still 5 points down, and therefore a weaker manager and lower in the HOF. Not sure, but this might be possible to apply in the cups..losing a final loses an equal number of points that the winning manager gains.

Would be interested to know what you think, cos I'm in my first EVER extended game and would really appreciate being credited with ALL my wins!

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like more variety when you make a board request; for example, it'd be good to be able to choose whether you want a stadium expansion or a new stadium altogether and it could have the approximate cost of the request in brackets. Obviously the ultimate decision is down to the board as to what they do with the money, but you should be able to suggest what you'd like

This is an idea based upon the newly introduced player biography section.Now,wouldn't it be nice to have something like that for clubs too.We could have it in the history tab,and it could give us a summary of something like every 5 years...the major players,the managers,any stadium/boardroom moves etc etc.

Saying that,we could even have a written summary in the league's history tab too,summarising the Champions,the title contenders,the surprise packages,the underachievers and the major players of that season.

Cheers.

I would love to be able to talk a player who is declared for a nation out of it. People do change their minds irl whereas if a player is declared there is no way he will change on the game. I think if you are a good enough manager or you have good enough plans you should be able to convince people, I know some will still say no but I'm sure some would change.

Also talking players back into playing after they have retired.

I would like to see historic staff data of a club for the purpose of comparisons. The game is very detailed in showing you an individual managers data but in terms of a club I would like to see:

current manager/days in charge/confidence of board/confidence of fans

previous managers/days in charge/reputation (going down in a list format)

I cannot find this information. It is easy to find a clubs current manager but not historic. FM is all about detail and realism. I think its important. There should be a lot more comparisons made in the game.

For example, with Newcastle every manager is compared to Kevin Keegan or Bobby Robson due to their relative success and style of football or with Chelsea everyone is compared to the special one. In real life people are already speculating on the successor of Alex Ferguson without casting doubts on his current reign. There should be more of this in the game.

Thoughts welcome...

1. More realistic friendly/cup scores - Every time a non-league side comes up against a Premiership side, the score is usually about 11-0.

2. Less first half goals - In my game, most goals seem to come in the first half.

Are you saying the scores should be lower or higher?

Those results are because the computer always plays the full strength team. In fact, Wengers teams should be programmed to play the youth players, as that's what he does in cup matches, like league and fa cup.

And it's common for managers to play their youth in the early stages of cup games against lower opposition.

But it never happens in the game.

*posted elsewhere on forum, but this is the offical thread so... *

I had an idea before where I reached 100 years of age.

I had accumulated a good wealth. I would have loved the option to Retire, then be presented a bunch of clubs within my wealth that I could acquire.

Then when I start as a new manager within the same game that I could manage this club, the club would have a new chairman (aka me) and they would be wealthy. I still get to manage the club but the chairman would be my prior self before retiring.

I think that would be good. Better than getting to 100 years of age, which is silly.

As a manager you should be retiring around the 70 year mark.

You could then keep on going with acquiring clubs as a new manager every 40 seasons or so.

I think that would give you a reason to keep on playing in the same game over many generations.

An idea on a little weather implementation.

I play in the classic pitch view (my computer, sadly, cannot run your 3d engine -- one day), and I think it would be a nice and easy feature to add a small icon in one of the corners with the weather. Maybe a little icon showing the rain (which could change throughout the match), as well as wind and temperature. Sometimes, I forget to look at the information screen (for a whole match sometimes) to see how I should adjust my playing.

Also, some messages in the commentary box about the rain or snow bottling the play would be nice. All in all, I'd like to see the weather play a more present role in the match.

Cheers.

*posted elsewhere on forum, but this is the offical thread so... *

I had an idea before where I reached 100 years of age.

I had accumulated a good wealth. I would have loved the option to Retire, then be presented a bunch of clubs within my wealth that I could acquire.

Then when I start as a new manager within the same game that I could manage this club, the club would have a new chairman (aka me) and they would be wealthy. I still get to manage the club but the chairman would be my prior self before retiring.

I think that would be good. Better than getting to 100 years of age, which is silly.

As a manager you should be retiring around the 70 year mark.

You could then keep on going with acquiring clubs as a new manager every 40 seasons or so.

I think that would give you a reason to keep on playing in the same game over many generations.

Not sure if this has been posted before because I'm new here I have a variation for this idea and it's something I'd prefer.

As a manger you have the ability to retire whenever you wish, what I'd like to see is that whenever you retire, you can use any money you have earnt throughout your career to start your own academy similar to the Glenn Hoddle Academy in Spain.

The whole thing would be funded out of your own pocket, maybe a finacial director could be appointed to sort out seasonal sponsorship to help with the running costs. Then by hiring coaches to work at the club with you, you can train a number of youth players that are currently without a club and wasting away.

They can earn match experience by arranging friendlies with pro clubs during the pre-season and then during the season, you could arrange friendlies with reserve/youth teams. Also there could be a sort of exhibition game/tournament (around the time when players are on holiday) where you can showcase your players to clubs.

If players impress then they can either be bought for a small fee, to help recoup some of the seasonal costs or be approached for free with some kind of incentives (percentage of next sale etc).

The reputation of the academy can be determined by your reputation as a manager combined with the reputation of your coaching staff. For example a 'regional' academy is likely to only generate interest from local clubs, a 'worldwide' academy is like to draw attention from the biggest teams.

I have always fancied the idea of my own academy after seeing Glenn Hoddle Academy. Above is just a general idea of how it could work, it may need filling out a bit to make it worthwhile. It also gives some use to the career earnings. If at any time you run out of money for your academy, it could be shut down and you're forced back into management or to quit completely.

What do people think?

Not sure if this has been posted before because I'm new here I have a variation for this idea and it's something I'd prefer.

As a manger you have the ability to retire whenever you wish, what I'd like to see is that whenever you retire, you can use any money you have earnt throughout your career to start your own academy similar to the Glenn Hoddle Academy in Spain.

The whole thing would be funded out of your own pocket, maybe a finacial director could be appointed to sort out seasonal sponsorship to help with the running costs. Then by hiring coaches to work at the club with you, you can train a number of youth players that are currently without a club and wasting away.

They can earn match experience by arranging friendlies with pro clubs during the pre-season and then during the season, you could arrange friendlies with reserve/youth teams. Also there could be a sort of exhibition game/tournament (around the time when players are on holiday) where you can showcase your players to clubs.

If players impress then they can either be bought for a small fee, to help recoup some of the seasonal costs or be approached for free with some kind of incentives (percentage of next sale etc).

The reputation of the academy can be determined by your reputation as a manager combined with the reputation of your coaching staff. For example a 'regional' academy is likely to only generate interest from local clubs, a 'worldwide' academy is like to draw attention from the biggest teams.

I have always fancied the idea of my own academy after seeing Glenn Hoddle Academy. Above is just a general idea of how it could work, it may need filling out a bit to make it worthwhile. It also gives some use to the career earnings. If at any time you run out of money for your academy, it could be shut down and you're forced back into management or to quit completely.

What do people think?

An example scenario would be:

* Retire from a club having earnt £10m (for aguments sake).

* Start your own academy "Forename Surname Academy"

* Invest in training facilities (Basic worth £?m, Adequate worth £?m etc)

* Approach coaching staff (Annual salary quoted by the weekly salary for guidance)

* Approach scouts to look for unattached players showing potential

* Appoach playing staff (Maximum 32 lets say, all under a certain age)

* Set up training schedules

* Arrange friendlies

* Interact with players (develop skills such as "Shoot with power")

* Arrange exhibition day

* Negotiate transfers for players

* Upgrade facilities (if budget permits)

* Approach more staff

* Approach the next wave of talent

It's called Football Manager, not Football Academy Manager.

Well I agree with the name of the game. Just would like to see an extension to life after management, something a little different instead of starting a new game. Using your hard earned money and reputation to develop youngsters. Not suggesting it has to be a massively implemented feature of the game that takes up loads of space, just something simple. The academy could even be a part time job alongside management.

Besides, you'd still be managing, but there'd be no expectations as such. The focus would be on the players as opposed to results.

Hi there,

I had an idea for a feature for FM2011. Playing reports. You'd send a scout to a match and he would come back with the player's preferred playing style, type of pass, etc.

I was watching a match between Barcelona and Betis to scout a player and I was wondering it would be nice to ask your assistant manager and/or scout to watch the game with you. Also, I'd like to see a feature that allowed the ass man to make a report during the match about a certain player. That way you would be able to have a report about his playing style

For example, you could have two drop down menus (one for each team) with the players on the pitch. Then you could choose one of them to scout.

What do you think?

Cheers!

Well I agree with the name of the game. Just would like to see an extension to life after management, something a little different instead of starting a new game. Using your hard earned money and reputation to develop youngsters. Not suggesting it has to be a massively implemented feature of the game that takes up loads of space, just something simple. The academy could even be a part time job alongside management.

Besides, you'd still be managing, but there'd be no expectations as such. The focus would be on the players as opposed to results.

My idea is better, I think. You retire, buy a club you can afford. Adds a new manager, the clubs wealth depending on the amount you pay for club and the remainder.

Start life as new manager at a club that has investment. You then continue on as a new manager, but the Chairman of the club has your name there from your previous game.

could we no have a feature where we take over the career of an existing manager? For example choose to play as Arsene Wenger etc...

i'd like to be able to place players anywhere on the pitch in the tactics/formation screen. btw some real life teams (Donny Rovers) have no discernible formation - even the rovers players say so. the way it works is the manager just sets out a vague defensive shape which they stick to but everyone has license to attack and responsibility to cover spaces behind forward-moving players. This is an amazing system and having seen it in action i want nothing more than to re-create it and while it may be impossible to implement on FM i would love to see it if it is even remotely possible

could we no have a feature where we take over the career of an existing manager? For example choose to play as Arsene Wenger etc...

How would this actually work though?

Surely the only thing would be having the same name and starting at Arsenal, everything else is up to you. Not "Arsene Wenger".

How would this actually work though?

Surely the only thing would be having the same name and starting at Arsenal, everything else is up to you. Not "Arsene Wenger".

not sure exactly how it would work

but it wouldn't be just like having arsene's name and starting at arsenal, u'd also have his reputation, contacts etc... and he wouldn't pop up managing a different team.

it was just a thought

to be honest it's not something i'd be depressed about not having, it just seems a bit $h!t that i can't play as myself and at my own age (19) and i thought this would be a different solution since SI prolly won't change the age altering thing.

Isnt it a bit strange that in pursuit of "realism" they will let me (who as you may have guessed isn't Ferguson, Wenger or Guardiola) take charge of Man U, Arsenal, Barcelona but only so long as i dont be my real age, wtf? :confused: If the criteria for managing a top team is "must be over thirty, or at least pretend to be" i'll apply to man u when fergie retires and pretend i'm 45.

so i jus thought this would be a solution to that and it'd just be a good feature that no-one else has.

You don't really see other teams hiring 19 year old managers.

So for this reason perhaps it would be a good idea to include the option to embody another manager.

Then perhaps, as you're 19, that in 10 years time you could come into the game and let Wenger have his body back, still being in charge at Arsenal, while you start off at whatever club you like.

This has "Ghost" or "Being John Malkovich" eerie feeling about it though :)

the thing id like to see most is, being able to adjust ticket prices (or at least suggest it to the board) because when you manage a league 2 side it would help the players out if they playing infront of more fans. and 1 other thing would be if you could recommend any club on the game to be affiliated with rather than have 4rubbish teams like we do at the moment. or at least suggest a country from which a club could be picked from.

the thing id like to see most is, being able to adjust ticket prices (or at least suggest it to the board) because when you manage a league 2 side it would help the players out if they playing infront of more fans. and 1 other thing would be if you could recommend any club on the game to be affiliated with rather than have 4rubbish teams like we do at the moment. or at least suggest a country from which a club could be picked from.

You can pick the team you want to be affiliated with already. The 1st season, you'll be given a list of clubs the board think are sutiable. The 2nd and 3rd season, you'll be allowed to specify the type of feeder club you want. The 4th season, you'll be allowed to specify the exact club you want.

Fluctuating favoured clubs and favoured personnel for ourselves. For example, we can choose if, after a few years, we decide we want our star striker to be on our favoured personnel list. Or, after spending five years at a club, we want them as one of our favoured clubs.

- What the first post on this page linked to - great idea :thup:.

- More interaction. For instace, being able to come out to the media and say you thought the ref's performance in the last match was shocking.

- Testemonials, like Eugene Tyson said.

- Being able to be a interim/caretaker manager (like Joe Kinnear at Newcastle last year)

- Friendlies to be played at a neutral ground, for instance Chelsea vs. Inter in America

- The ability to set up training camps during a period of time when your team doesn't play for a couple of weeks, or a week, or during the post/pre-season.

- Many more, but I can't think of the top of my head, wehn I don, I'll edit the post. :thup:

sorry if already mentioned ( i tried a search) but surely like monthly contracts or pay as you play contracts would be a great addition especially for lower league clubs. It is happening all the time in todays game and would a good addition.

sorry if already mentioned ( i tried a search) but surely like monthly contracts or pay as you play contracts would be a great addition especially for lower league clubs. It is happening all the time in todays game and would a good addition.

Was just about to post this. A great idea and I think it would be a good thing for League 1 and 2 clubs.

If you go to a match to see someone play, then he actually plays (i always get national managers at my games, they always get it right)

The ability to groom someone as a replacement (when you move on/retire) as Man Utd are doing with Moyes (imo) and Graham recommended Wenger to Arsenal

The ability to select no international management (can you already do this?) - i don't want to manage a nation with my club

Bargaining with other teams - Make an agreement with [team name] that i can sign Fellaini and then not contend with them for Defour

Team interaction concerning future transfers - too often i sign in South Americans who have not developed their stats in 2/3 years... i want a say in this.... as well as saying that i don't want [player name] cup tied when i sign him

A clause in the loans - you must play [player name] 10 times by Jan or you send him back

Realistic loan comments - [team name] think that this player would be a valuable member of the first team, scout reports signal that he is turning out for their reserves (Valuable member of the first team huh!!!!!)

Here's a thought: inter-game friendlies.

Arrange friendly matches between your teams in 2 different save games

eg. you have a Celtic game in 2011 and a Blackburn game in 2013 (both teams full of new players and regens)

In the Celtic game you arrange a friendly match with '2013 Blackburn', this match only appears in the game in which it was arranged (so if Celtic arranged it it would appear in the Celtic savegame, but not the Blackburn one. Things like injuries etc would only stay in the Celtic game, too)

I know it gets mentioned ALL THE TIME but the main thing I want to see added to the game is dynamic league reputations.

It should be a feature of a long term game, and who knows? In 100 years Serbia, Wales and India could be the top leagues in the world! :p

Would make large games spanning many seasons far more interesting. SI could maybe create a tickbox at the start screen for those who want static reps where Spain, England and Italy remain top dogs.

Don't know if it's already been mentioned but I'd like to see updated odds as a league or cup progresses.

Eg. Start of the season odds for the Premier League: Man Utd 2/1, Chelsea 2/1, Arsenal 4/1, Man City 5/1 etc. These odds would then fluctuate as the season progresses. It would be interesting to see who the bookies think are going to win the league as your teams' form goes up and down.

I'm sorry if I worded this poorly :D

I think a good addition may be players recomending to play in a differernt role . for example:

'Sergio Aguero has said he thinks he is being wasted in a forward role and would like to play deeper off the striker'

or

'Joa moutinho believes he does not play best in the Att role of midfeild that he has been playing of late , and would prefer to play deeper in the middle'

What do we think?

Loan Back Clause

When you buy a player from a lower league team, particularly a youngster, including a clause in the contract that you will loan said player back to that club for the rest of the season (or perhaps more) would be an excellent and realistic. Teams do this regularly in real life and it would really make sense to add it.

The selling team would thereby be more willing to sell as they are securing a fee for the player; the player continues to get first team action; and the buying club have secured their future asset.

Loan Back Clause

When you buy a player from a lower league team, particularly a youngster, including a clause in the contract that you will loan said player back to that club for the rest of the season (or perhaps more) would be an excellent and realistic. Teams do this regularly in real life and it would really make sense to add it.

The selling team would thereby be more willing to sell as they are securing a fee for the player; the player continues to get first team action; and the buying club have secured their future asset.

Yes i agree !!! I also think it should be easier to sell players

Loan Back Clause

I do this all the time. When I make bid for a player I set the date of the transfer to the end of the season. Then when he agrees to join my club he will stay with his current club until the end of the season before joining my club ready for the start of the next season.

I'll only buy the next version if there is drastic changes to the user interface and the 3d match engine.

I find the user interface cumbersome and not at all intuitive.

For instance, offering contracts to players and staff - completely ridiculous going through about 3 screens for each player and staff member, whom all seem to run out of contracts at the same time all the time.

And better ways to keep staff. I've gone through hiring staff and having them poached by other clubs.

I constantly have coaches that say "They want to join the club" and then 6 months later they want to join other clubs, sometimes I don't even get a chance to try and keep them.

I'm spending way too much time hiring coaches. Only for them to leave 6 months later. Then 6 months after that they want to join again.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why when watching the match you can't select a player to sub them on the pitch, without having to go to other screens.

Just select a player(s), right click (cmd click on Mac) you're given a contextual menu and you can:

Sub Player

Request More long shots

Push Higher Up

Shorter/Longer Passing

**basically any command you can give in the player via the other screen, or set up a shortcut of tactics for different players.

I know there are shortcuts in the Drop Down menu for Quick Tactics, but it isn't good enough, and I find it slow and cumbersome to use. It's not implemented properly.

It's absolutely ridiculous how many screens you have to go through to do simple tasks.

Especially offering contracts. Why can't there be a screen on contracts expiring for your team - check boxes beside players contracts you want to offer new contracts to.

Check boxes to loan players, transfer players etc.

Just go to "Loan Players" select a bunch of players via a check box. Drop down boxes for fees. Then drop down box for rejections - like reject offers requesting future fees. Only accept "Valuable first team player".

Just one screen - with your players and options to send them on lona - then select "Loan Players" when done.

I hate loaning players because I get about 50 news messages for 5 players, and I have to go through each of them looking for

Future Fee, and

Cover for first team

And rejecting these offers or altering. Why can't I have a button that says "Remove Future Fee", or a negotiation button that when clicked gives me options to:

Remove Future Fee

Request Valuable First Team player

All on one screen.

It does my head in to go through 50 news items removing Future Fee from loan offers.

Has per my rant above:

This screenshot shows the amount of contextual menus you have to through to transfer list a player

22022010130313.png

Why not just have that all listed under Transfer & Contracts in one context menu.

Why not put the Coach rating in Stars beside "Coach Reports" - a few measily stars so I don't have to select coach reports to see how many stars the player has?

Why do I need another screen to create notes? Why can't I just select a player and have a notes section on the Player Stats screen. Why do I have to go through so many Windows to get to a certain point, something as trivial as creating notes.

Archived