Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like the match ratings to not be decided by one-off occasions that happen in the match.

This is definitely a big change that needs to be made and should not be too difficult, I think, to implement.

As it stands, a goalkeeper can have a good game and then make one bad mistake picks up a 5(as happened for me with Leo Franco in goal for Argentina),

while a striker who does nothing all game and then scores one goal can pick up between a 7 and an 8(as happened for me with Carlos Tevez for Argentina).

The problem would be solved if we could simply ignore match ratings and continue playing the players we thought played well, irrespective of their match rating.

However if we do this, we get criticized by the fans and the board for not playing these players who were 'playing well' so this becomes a problem.

Please comment if you agree or disagree.

Agents agents agents!!

They are an integral part of football today and as this series aims to simulate the real life footballing world i find it amazing that agents are still barely in the game!

The only involvment that i can see in agents is to occasionally send u a clip of a player, or invite you to make an offer...and even thats only once every other season at best. Or simply having the agent mentioned when carrying out contract negotiations is not enough.

You should be able to contact agents of footballers to see if they'd be interested in joining as is the norm in modern day football, regardless of whether its legal or not! They should also play a part in making the player unhappy, and hence reducing the asking price or at least increase the willingness of the team to sell to you.

As a friend of few agents, this a GREAT IDEA ... I have been told great stories of how the agents affected the players morale/happiness because he can get him X deal if he plays bad to get him out of a contract or X deal if he scores X amount of goals, or telling the player to goto the media and call out the coach.... its crazy !!!

I would like to see more media Coverage - Magazine Articles on certain information about players , coaches, trades...

The press area is quite boring to say the least... But thats also boring in real life.

Is it possible to add chants to the game? Not sure ...? never tried?

When you have 2-3 games to go and you pretty much have everyone beat in points , you can switch out your regulars and put in the youth squad to ( since you already won ) without affecting morale, fans..... This is huge since an injury might occur or something or another thing... Make the AI aware that , hey you already won and you are just putting in your reserves or youth to give them playing time.... A quick mathematicl calcuation would be needed for this feature no??? if user points is X and X cannot be beaten by Z games remaining, than user will not suffer morale drops, or fans complaining... and the media would pick up on it also saying that you are being smart to test out your players...

May I suggest that there's an option to allow all teams to be injury-free at the start of a new game? Just like the "allow transfer budget at start of game" option. I understand that the injuries are there for realism, but because as everyone starts new games at different times, especially when after the patch that includes the January transfers, the injuries do not tally with the new arrivals anyway.

Comments?

I'd like to be able to give a quick substitute the same input as I can when I make it at half time ie you can make the difference.

Also if a board decide in their wisdom that your club should turn professional the staff and key players contracts should be upgraded automatically. If a player doesn't want full-time maybe a mutual termination of his contract could happen.

The wage budget should increase too my club has the same budget as when it was part - time 2 days earlier.

Better relationship systems, more communication options :=) Realism.

Oh, and another thing, but I guess it is close to impossible; Starting a game with only regens and not real life players, because im under the impression that quite a few would like that.

Better relationship systems, more communication options :=) Realism.

Oh, and another thing, but I guess it is close to impossible; Starting a game with only regens and not real life players, because im under the impression that quite a few would like that.

You already can, can't you?

Isn't there a "Use real players" tickbox or something similar in the New Game wizard?

You already can, can't you?

Isn't there a "Use real players" tickbox or something similar in the New Game wizard?

I think that just gives them different names (I asked in the all-nighter thread :D ). I'd love to have just random regens in every team.

I'd love to see more, much more control over club finances. At the moment there is not much you can do if the club is losing money, except for selling a couple of players. I wouldn't mind a revamp of sponsorships - because at the moment we are limited to just reading a message that a new sponsorship deal has been agreed.

Stadiums - some control over what is build and how would be nice.

I know most of these decisions are made on the board level and a lowly manager usually has nothing to say, but still...it would add a breath of fresh air to the game.

I will probably get crucified for saying this but...

SI - look at Fifa manager. Sure, the game is crappy and not exactly well polished with numerous AI issues...but the ideas, the depth, the choices!!!

I don't know if anyone has written anything on this subject but I have clearly seen that keepers in 10.2 are wonder keepers. I have Jo, Rafael Sobis, Acquafresca, Paloschi and Neymar for striker positions and after I have installed 10.2, I have clearly seen a huge drop in scoring one-on-one positions. It was far better in 10.1.1. I cannot understand why you have changed this. Last match against Sporting CP, I had 20 shots, 11 on, 8 clear cut, but 0 goals.

I'd love to see more, much more control over club finances. At the moment there is not much you can do if the club is losing money, except for selling a couple of players. I wouldn't mind a revamp of sponsorships - because at the moment we are limited to just reading a message that a new sponsorship deal has been agreed.

Stadiums - some control over what is build and how would be nice.

I know most of these decisions are made on the board level and a lowly manager usually has nothing to say, but still...it would add a breath of fresh air to the game.

I will probably get crucified for saying this but...

SI - look at Fifa manager. Sure, the game is crappy and not exactly well polished with numerous AI issues...but the ideas, the depth, the choices!!!

your correct in saying that most of these decisions are made in the board room but im sure Sir Alex Ferguson would get a say if United wanted to move to a new stadium or other things. Maybe it could be implemented but you only get these options when you have been at a club a certain length of time or held in high regard.

They do it with feeder clubs dont they. When you start the board chooses your options for you. A few seasons later you can ask which type of feeder you want. A few seasons after that you can request a club of your choice

Telling players that there will not be a new contract at the end of the season. They often reject offers for a low basic wage but it will nbe higher than nothing or being unemployed for a bit like many seem to be

Trophy Room to look at

Players learning from past experience. If you have shot widely over the bar three times you make sure the next one is one target even if you are conservative and shoot centrally. If you have had a 1:! and failed to score next time try something different

I've done a search of this thread and of the 21 posts in this thread, none of them mention what I'd like to know.

As a manager, particularly at a lower level club, I'd be in charge of some aspect of training. How come I can never know what my personal coaching attributes are? When I click on the attributes for other head coaches to see if they are willing to come to my team, then I can see their attributes. I know managers delegate a lot to their assistants regarding training, but when the Board only allows two coaches, surely the manager would be in charge of training, hence he'd need attributes too.

Then, along the same lines, I'd like to be able to decide what my attributes might be, even if I have to use a random attribute generator to get some kind of stats to impact my team's training. I could also find coaches who complement my coaching attributes.

Something I also am missing is importance ratings for leagues... im in the Brazilian League , we have State , Brazilian , Libertadores , Sul Americana .... In order of importance is goes Libertadores , Brazilian , Sul Americana , State.... since i qualify for the Copa Sul Americana and playing the brazilian , I usually send my Reserves to Sul Americana ... Getting the Brazilian #1 is considered in Brazil much more imporant than Sul Americana...

another thing , when the ball is thrown out in a direction the AI reacts immediately while my players often dont run to the ball... ( their stats are all good ) but im talking about when the ball just bounces off something and does 1-2 bounches... they like stutter to it or walk to it...

Much more interaction with players,board,staff and media!

Defo, would like more interaction with other managers, meetings after game....player suggestions once you have built a good relationship etc...

Also like to have my own agent, who I can ask to find me new job etc etc

I would like to see the club not disliking me when I leave the club to manage in another league after winning so much with them.

Also, giving me a warm welcome when I do return to the old club.

Definitely agree with this....managed to get the Saints promoted to Championship at first attempt even with 10 point deduction, now I've left it's as if I was never there!!!

I would like to see the club not disliking me when I leave the club to manage in another league after winning so much with them.

Also, giving me a warm welcome when I do return to the old club.

This appears to have cropped up a few times recently. This is my idea, slightly embellished, from another thread. I don't claim any great originality since I'm sure such ideas have been thrown around before.

Surely this is something that could be at least partially addressed by adding a press conference/statement after a manager leaves a club (or adding questions to the conference after taking a new job). Probably shouldn't apply if a manager has been sacked (you generally don't hear from sacked managers formally until they start doing specific media interviews irl), but if you move on without being sacked perhaps you should get the opportunity to give your reasons and your feelings - Offer I couldn't refuse/Felt it was time for a new challenge/Taken the club as far as I could/Difference of opinion with the board. With the feelings about the move it could be altered depending on your time with the club or reputation there so a long-serving manager who had brought success would be able to say they would always have a soft spot for the club or hoped the fans would understand the move while a manager who jumps ship after a year would be limited to more selfish options (ie, 'I had a good spell here, even if it was short'/'Football is a business and this club was just another step on the ladder for me.').

My concern would be that it might be a bit tricky to provide negative options, (or would be too easy to win credit by lying) but if you're just trying to mitigate an inevitable loss (say 100 points of overall reputation with the club up to the maximum 100 dislike) then it would still work (ie giving the best answers would see you lose nothing - it wouldn't be realistic to gain rep by leaving - while giving some good and some indifferent answers would lead to a loss of 30 points and take you from legendary to favoured personnel or from indifferent to mildly disliked. Obviously saying the club were just another job to you and you were only looking out for number 1 would see you lose the full 100. Only the most loyal and successful managers would get the questions to keep their club rep intact, everyone else would see a guaranteed drop.

In brief, I see it as going something like this:

Manager gets the sack - Nothing changes.

Manager accepts another offer - Release statement based on 3 or 4 set questions/answer extra questions in press conference at new club explaining reasons for leaving and their feelings about their old club and about the move itself.

By leaving the club the manager opens himself/herself to a maximum 100 point reduction in rating (a true legend risks dropping to indifference or mild dislike, a regular manager risks extreme dislike) but can win back points by answering questions. The amount of points they can win back depends on their answers, but also hinges on longevity and success with the club which open better options to the manager.

Thoughts appreciated.

For example, if Team A and B offer 20m for Player C. I'd like to ask C what he would prefer (what team to go to, or whether he'd like to stay at my club).

The importance of this is: it really annoys me when I have a great team and I think the players are happy and wouldn't want to leave. Then someone like Bayern Munich makes a bid, I say 'no' and the player gets disappointed. It'd be nice just to have a small sentence saying "would definitely like to move to Bayern", "would consider a move", "is uncertain" or "would prefer to stay".

Since this has come up, I'll say it here instead of the thread I started a couple of years ago :) I'd also like the option to tell a player why I turned down an offer for him (I want to build the team around him, I'm trying to sign player D to work with him, the offer wasn't good enough).

I had a player Unh for a whole season because a fellow human player (playing as Liverpool) made a stupid £2.5m bid for one of me £10m+ valued players but because it was Liverpool, he felt he should have been allowed to talk to them. Me explaining my reasons could have avoided that.

hey guys i myself would like to see a business side to the game like setting up your own sponsorship deals for your club maybe setting things like ticket prices and membership just a idea what do u think??????

That's not really anything a manager would do in real life.

Not sure if this had been put on, couldn't bring myself to read 53 pages of ideas but I'd like to see something where you could get a ranking of players in each position by coaches in addition to the team reports. I feel this would be a good way to determine the improvements of youth players and decline of older players.

Just more on the interviews, really.

The ability to recognise when you return to a club.

I've recently taken Albacete back over, after a season or two with other clubs. I became a club legend and on returning, not a single question was about how it felt to be back or how it felt to be warmly recieved etc etc

I see where you are coming from maybe just have it as a option on the game something you could include if you want to or if you dont play without the option.

I'd be all right with it being optional, but people would probably complain anyway.

They complain that the game is too realistic now, because they don't win every game. They would complain then that the game isn't realistic enough.

Looking at it this way, SI just can't win!

And also FM be be on home consoles in the future.

Personally, I'd rather their effort went fully into finely tuning the PC/Mac version than producing a watered down console version.

When a player is labelled "the next xxxxxx", could we possibly get a bit more information? My footballing knowledge is fairly good, but I had an instance on another game where someone was compared to a 60's Dutch legend. Now, while anyone from the Netherlands, or over a certain age may know who they were, I frankly had no idea. How about something more along the lines of;

"Could emulate leading forward Alan Shearer"

"Touted as equalling attacking fullback Cafu", etc.

Particularly for central midfielders, its difficult to tell whether they will be better attacking of defending.

When the setting is applied for your assistant manager to arrange friendlies, a nice touch would be if your assistant either asked a country you would like a tour of, or proposed a choice of perhaps four countries which he feels it would be beneficial to tour. He would then go away and find three or four opponents in that country.

Finally, based on a current problem I'm having. A wonderkid, despite not seeming particularly unhappy, is unwilling to sign a new contract with two years to run. As part of player interaction, I would like to be able to tell him that I believe he can become a great player at my club, and try and encourage him to sign a contract. I know I'm being a bit vague here, but he had been unsettled by transfer speculation recently, and I want to be able to tell him that I think he has a definite future with me.

A couple of things:

1. The editor: I would love to be able to edit the Champions League, the Olympics, the World Cup, etc. (well, mainly I care about continental club competitions since I think the international stuff works just about perfectly). I want to be able to edit all aspects of the CL and the Copa Sudamerica and the CONCACAF stuff (as you can tell by where I live, I'd like to be able to edit CONCACAF). Also, fewer clicks for the editor would be nice, but more functionality (in the sense that I should be able to edit anything and everything) is the key for me.

2. Board interaction: I want to be able to ask the board to hire more staff. I feel like I'm hamstrung sometimes.

3. More variety in the press conference questions.

4. Make the career earnings worth something. Let me quit my job as manager and buy a small club and become chairman. Let me hire a manager or be the manager myself (either way). I think that would be an awesome challenge for veteran players.

Once again, thanks for a fantastic game, SI!

A couple of things:

1. The editor: I would love to be able to edit the Champions League, the Olympics, the World Cup, etc. (well, mainly I care about continental club competitions since I think the international stuff works just about perfectly). I want to be able to edit all aspects of the CL and the Copa Sudamerica and the CONCACAF stuff (as you can tell by where I live, I'd like to be able to edit CONCACAF). Also, fewer clicks for the editor would be nice, but more functionality (in the sense that I should be able to edit anything and everything) is the key for me.

2. Board interaction: I want to be able to ask the board to hire more staff. I feel like I'm hamstrung sometimes.

3. More variety in the press conference questions.

4. Make the career earnings worth something. Let me quit my job as manager and buy a small club and become chairman. Let me hire a manager or be the manager myself (either way). I think that would be an awesome challenge for veteran players.

Once again, thanks for a fantastic game, SI!

2. Great Idea. Sometimes it would be nice to have a couple extra scouts on hand or another coach to ease the workload

4. Very cool... It would be a completely different game though...

Another thing I'd like to see is an ability to sit down with your coaches at the start, middle and end of the season to discuss the direction you want the club to focus on. Individually, for example, you want x player to achieve x result by the end of the season. Not moves they can do, things such as wanting x to reach 20 in shooting. As a whole, for example, you want the team to be competent or exceed in their knowledge of time wasting/closing down etc or you would like to focus on developing x style of play. I know you can set your team to play a certain style of play, but focusing the club on playing and understanding certain styles of play could benefit the players you have. If you had an attacking team such as Arsenal, it could really benefit their midfield and strikers. It's something that would need a lot of thought put into it but I think it would be an interesting aspect in the game.

Also, rather than "Improve Training Facilities" as a whole, I'd like all (but mainly poorer) clubs to be able to decide what facilities they want to improve. Make it a cheaper option for the clubs involved rather than improving as a whole. For example, a new gym for Strength, Stamina, agility, Pace etc or a machine that can improve tackling or shooting.

I'd also like to be able to send your coaches away for professional training at some stage to improve their abilities.

Contract extensions. The two things I wouldn't mind seeing, though only the first seems properly implementable, are;

1. Offering a player a contract with the option of additional years. Not to the point where I could offer a 5 year contract, plus an extra 3, which would tie a player down for most of his career, but imagine if you will the following scenarios.

30 year old John Smith (say) is available on a free transfer. Now, he seems like he could be quite a good player, but I don't want to take too much of a chance on an ageing player. I offer him a one-year deal, with an option to extend it a further year subject to a 15% pay rise. This way if I rejuvenate his career, he doesn't walk out on me to join a bigger club. Alternatively if he is garbage, I can get rid after one year.

Or consider perhaps that I would like to sign Danish forward Johanne Smythe (say). He has been doing well for his continental club, and I would like to bring him to the Premiership. He is only costing £4-5m, so is not a major gamble, but I don't really want to be stuck with him for 5 years if he is rubbish. I could offer him a two year deal, with the option to extend for a further two years subject to a 20% pay rise. If it doesn't work, we shake hands and he goes back to Europe after two years. If it does work, I have a quality striker for at least four years.

2. Alternatively, we could look at the transfer conditions stipulated by a small number of players who have committed to a club for as long as they play. I have only heard rare mention of this, so I would imagine not too many players would take kindly to it, but hear me out.

Jón Esmit is playing for his boyhood club in Spain. At the age of 28, both himself and the club are content with their relationship. He is unlikely to want any more money throughout his career, and already has the idea that he would like to finish at his current club. The manager offers him a contract lasting a minimum of 3 years at his current salary, but provided he plays at least 20 games in that final year, it will automatically renew for a further year with the same conditions. Indeed, every time he plays 20 games a season, his contract will renew for an additional year.

Conversely, Jonny O'Smith is something of a journeyman. He has been through a number of clubs in his career, and at the age of 33, just wants a club where he can finish his career in style. A Championship manager thinks he would make a good signing purely for his experience, offering Jonny a one year deal. However, should Jonny play in 35 games, and prove himself, his contract will automatically renew itself for one year. A possible alternative is that his contract could automatically renew at an increased wage should his new side win promotion, as a reward for his contribution

Contract extensions. The two things I wouldn't mind seeing, though only the first seems properly implementable, are;

1. Offering a player a contract with the option of additional years. Not to the point where I could offer a 5 year contract, plus an extra 3, which would tie a player down for most of his career, but imagine if you will the following scenarios.

30 year old John Smith (say) is available on a free transfer. Now, he seems like he could be quite a good player, but I don't want to take too much of a chance on an ageing player. I offer him a one-year deal, with an option to extend it a further year subject to a 15% pay rise. This way if I rejuvenate his career, he doesn't walk out on me to join a bigger club. Alternatively if he is garbage, I can get rid after one year.

Or consider perhaps that I would like to sign Danish forward Johanne Smythe (say). He has been doing well for his continental club, and I would like to bring him to the Premiership. He is only costing £4-5m, so is not a major gamble, but I don't really want to be stuck with him for 5 years if he is rubbish. I could offer him a two year deal, with the option to extend for a further two years subject to a 20% pay rise. If it doesn't work, we shake hands and he goes back to Europe after two years. If it does work, I have a quality striker for at least four years.

2. Alternatively, we could look at the transfer conditions stipulated by a small number of players who have committed to a club for as long as they play. I have only heard rare mention of this, so I would imagine not too many players would take kindly to it, but hear me out.

Jón Esmit is playing for his boyhood club in Spain. At the age of 28, both himself and the club are content with their relationship. He is unlikely to want any more money throughout his career, and already has the idea that he would like to finish at his current club. The manager offers him a contract lasting a minimum of 3 years at his current salary, but provided he plays at least 20 games in that final year, it will automatically renew for a further year with the same conditions. Indeed, every time he plays 20 games a season, his contract will renew for an additional year.

Conversely, Jonny O'Smith is something of a journeyman. He has been through a number of clubs in his career, and at the age of 33, just wants a club where he can finish his career in style. A Championship manager thinks he would make a good signing purely for his experience, offering Jonny a one year deal. However, should Jonny play in 35 games, and prove himself, his contract will automatically renew itself for one year. A possible alternative is that his contract could automatically renew at an increased wage should his new side win promotion, as a reward for his contribution

I've always been surprised this was never in the game... It happens all the time in virtually every sport in the world. Seems like an oversight.

I would like an exit press conference; for example when leaving a club I may wish to say "I enjoyed my time at x club but I have higher ambitions" or "Moving here was the bigest mistake in my career, the board gave me no support" .... and these things are actually noticed by future prospective employers. Also, there could be similar situation when you are sacked, and/or renew your contract.

have more stats on manager profile...maybe copy the stats that staff have ie..tactical, working with youth players etc and these stats would increase/decrease as you played the game ... instead of just having the 5 stats, loyalty, discipline.

also bring back the manager overview from fm 08...that screen told most of the information about your team in one screen.

being able to add favoured personal/clubs to your profile. i think would be excellent as this could strengthen your relationship(s) with players and clubs.

Also not being removed from a clubs favoured personel list if you leave after a 15 year stint where you took them from the bottom of the football ladder to the top and then got offered a dream job and then all of the sudden your former team barely remembers you.

just an idea if you leave a club and they start to decline and need some sort of saviour, the board may appraoch a previous manager to manage them again.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=48868

I have a few problems with the ai representation of managers on fm.

these are them:

1) managers seem to just have one preferred system which they stick to rigidly. by that I am referring of course the system that they start with. now if we're talking about javier irureta this is a correct representation, but otherwise it's wrong. ferguson will use 442, 433 etc depending on circumstance. man united should not simply be a 433 team, just as inter should not be a 433 side more than one which could play the 41212 diamond with four central midfielders (trust me, jose will get around to using it).

2) while most managers in the premiership are fairly well representated, there is a horrible tendency to ignore managers traits abroad- I don't want to see 20 managers in serie a playing flat 442's, or all italian managers to be "defensive". I don't understand how so much detail can be put in regarding the players and yet every manager outside the premier league is a 442 merchant. it's absurd.

3) 424 when losing- few managers actually employ this shape, and certainly it's affect should not be that suddenly the defending side loses all control over the midfield. the affect should be that the attacking side plays more directly (i.e gets the ball forward with more frequency) and stretches the pitch- the attacking side should attack more, but consequently have less posession (if the defending side keeps their tactics the same)... it's a cop out to give all ai managers this approach when losing the game. some use is, many don't.

4) they don't actually have the traits they should in the transfer market- ferguson for example should be buying mainly from within the league, wenger from africa and france (and rarely spending more than £15m), moyes should look at the lower leagues when possible and ancelotti should be signing players who a) who have done well in serie a, and b) big internation stars aged 28+... he won't sign nasri and wenger won't spend £25m on curtis davies for example.

5) well, let's be honest, they're all generally much worse than they should be. I understand it's a game and things need to be forgone to make it playable, but benitez should not take liverpool to 9th place in 4 seasons, wenger should not be sacked within 3... they need to be better at their jobs.

6) regen managers need to be a lot, lot better. once the originals have retired the new managers are just generally hopeless, and the game becomes far too easy.

someof those were extreme examples- these are general points, so don't ask for save game files, that's not the point.

just wondering really if any changes have been made regarding the above?

I like the sound of the "option for X more years" in the contracts. That's a great idea.

I also think the exit press conference would be a good idea.

A few more from me:

1. The ability to be a caretaker manager. If I'm unemployed mid-season, I would like to see clubs offering me a six-month deal with my only target being to avoid relegation (for example), and if I achieve that, they will consider me as a longer-term appointment.

2. A greater variety of manager 'personalities/styles'. Does my career suggest I'm a great dynasty builder, or an impact manager who should only be brought in as a firefighter? (Arsene Wenger or Glenn Roeder in other words). I would like to see the jobs I'm offered reflect that; I would be approached by different clubs with different length contracts and expectations as a result.

3. More loan options. As Arsenal are reportedly hoping to do with Jack Wilshere, I would sometimes like to loan out a young star to a team in the same division as me so that he gets good match practice. I often find that even if I'm a Premiership club, nobody above League One will touch my youngsters. I'd also like to make clear when I offer him around that he is NOT for sale. Too often, the only club playing at an acceptable level spoils their bid by wanting to agree a fee, so I have to negotiate with them which means the whole business drags on.

4. A greater variety of off-field facilities. These could also have some impact on my players and training. For example, in reality, AC Milan have a cutting-edge medical centre which helps prolong their players' careers. Perhaps, when my club is rich enough, I could invest in one of these, and when built it would slow the rapid decline in older players' physical stats that currently occurs in FM.

5. Following on from 4, a greater variety of coach-roles. Maybe a Sport Scientist who can help your Fitness Coach, or a Psychologist to help with Man Management or Motivating.

6. (I know these have been mentioned before by others) Pre-season player challenges: "I want you to establish yourself in the first team"; "I want 20 goals from you this year"; "You're a good player, but I want more end product" [i.e. more assists/goals, which could have a negative impact too as the player wastes good chances by passing when he should be shooting, or vice versa, because of your challenge] and so on.

I like being able to tell my scout to restrict his search to 21 and under players while traveling around Central Europe.

I like being able tell a different scout to look for players aged 21-28 while also traveling around Central Europe.

I just wish there was a way to see these constraints after setting them. The scout assignment screen only tells you where they are scouting but no other details.

Please consider adding either a popup box, a drop-down menu, or some other way to show all filtering constraints that were made when the assignment was created. This will help us who have teams with tons of scouts working the same area.

Cheers!

Haven't read every post in this thread so it may already be here but i'd like to see the following:-

When you sign a player on a pre contract agreement during the January transfer window you can then negotiate to get him in january for a discounted amount, therefore the club he is leaving get a transfer fee for letting him leave early and the club he has agreed to join get the player six months early. Naturally the 'selling' club could reject any immediate transfer proposal but that would be their perogative. This does happen in real life so why not in the game? :thup:

Hi there,

First, let me say I didn't read the entire thread so maybe this was already posted by someone. Also, I haven't played FM10 yet so I can't say if what I'm going to talk about is already there.

I was doing the teamtalk on the shower last night and I thought of an improvement on the feeder clubs, more specifically the commercial type.

The idea was to have three choices at random like now but you would have information about how much you would earn per year. This would help choosing the affiliation depending on how much you are willing to pay or how much you can afford and if your current one is worthy of your money or if you need to find a better one.

Of course it would not show the exact figures but it could be done like the example below.

Club A - You'd pay £1,5mil - Marketing profit - £1,8mill to £2,4mill

Club B - You'd pay £2,5mil - Marketing profit - £2mill to £4mill

Club C - You'd pay £1mill - Marketing profit - £1,3mill to 2mill

Also, if you have more than one feeder clubs of this type, there could be information on how much profit you are making from them. This could appear on the finances as "profit from feeder clubs", like below.

Club X - Profit - £2,3mill

Club Z - Profit - £2mill

That's it.

I'd like to see what you think about this.

Cheers! :thup:

some player interactions

Tell players I dont want to see that sort of mistake again.

Able to run the match again pointing out positional errors so players learn. Basically show players why the goal went in because this error that error.

We need a way to improve players game.

Another is the game must understand if your forced to play players in alien positions there should be way telling the player why and praise/encourage him for the work he did.

At the moment players instantly get stroppy and morale drops but if your got a small squad then playing out of position is common.

Also the game if you get injury late in the week we should be able to fast track a loan.

The game takes too long to setup loan deals it takes 2 days sometimes for club to agree and player agree.

We should be able to arange a loan in 4 hours. as an emergency loan.

When signing players

When we get to contract aranging and we giving new player KEY that position already got a KEY player we should be able from the contract screen demote the other player squad status or game warn us we have already key player in that position.

4. Very cool... It would be a completely different game though...

Another thing I'd like to see is an ability to sit down with your coaches at the start, middle and end of the season to discuss the direction you want the club to focus on. Individually, for example, you want x player to achieve x result by the end of the season. Not moves they can do, things such as wanting x to reach 20 in shooting. As a whole, for example, you want the team to be competent or exceed in their knowledge of time wasting/closing down etc or you would like to focus on developing x style of play. I know you can set your team to play a certain style of play, but focusing the club on playing and understanding certain styles of play could benefit the players you have. If you had an attacking team such as Arsenal, it could really benefit their midfield and strikers. It's something that would need a lot of thought put into it but I think it would be an interesting aspect in the game.

Also, rather than "Improve Training Facilities" as a whole, I'd like all (but mainly poorer) clubs to be able to decide what facilities they want to improve. Make it a cheaper option for the clubs involved rather than improving as a whole. For example, a new gym for Strength, Stamina, agility, Pace etc or a machine that can improve tackling or shooting.

I'd also like to be able to send your coaches away for professional training at some stage to improve their abilities.

Not really, if only because the only things you'd really be doing is hiring a general manager/director of football or whatever plus, perhaps, negotiating sponsorship agreements. If you became chairman/manager (unrealistic, I know, but stick with me) you couldn't be fired (unless you accepted a board takeover offer or something). Admittedly, I haven't really thought this through but I think the only thing it would really do is add a business layer to go with the football layer. Also, some players, like me, would really, really enjoy that after 10-20 years of managing for other people. Think of it FM: Entrepreneur. :-D

I love the idea of specific training goals. I think, combined with the other idea of sending coaches to clinics to improve their coaching abilities in the off-season, that would make training more effective and more interesting.

And being able to buy specific training facilities would work beautifully with my suggestion of become chairman (you have to make those difficult choices for once, not just lobby for the best of everything, hehe).

One other thing I thought of:

All these edited databases that are being created should be compatible with the editor in FM 11 and so on and with the game. The easiest way would be to make them compatible with the editor and then having the editor save it in a different format for game use (if necessary; since they're all XML files, this may be a moot point. But I wanted to get it out there anyway).

Sorry for my english.

I like more options of training. Make little sessions (not complicated). Make (sorry I dont know in english) "balon parado" like corners and fouls and to be able to see in 3d. To see the movement of your players depending on the ball (with and without the ball) before the match and to be able to modify his positions a little if its neccesary.

And, why not??? change the history. Explain, why not begin in the Real Madrid of 1955... After all we just know the players and the future stars of football. I like dream...

Thanks, and sorry for my english

I would like it if there was an option in the game so that in whichever country you choose to manage the game switches to that language, so that you have to consider a lot before accepting a job in another country.

I realise that this would be a very niche thing but I'd love it and it would help to learn different languages whilst playing!

Archived