Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Would like to see SI's main focus on improving the match engine.

I'd also suggest that "night time" or "floodlight" effects be introduced where appropriate as this would, in my view, dramatically impove the aesthetic value of those fixtures. It does seem a bit odd to be playing in daylight in a midweek fixture in November!

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My ideas -

1. Ability to set up a diciplinary model at the start of each season (thus avoiding "feel unfairly treated")

2. Breach of contract clause i.e miss training once = warning, miss a second time = 2 week fine, miss a third time = instant dismisal (or at least the option of)

3. One to one sessions with player after red cards in order to try and temper aggresion or arrange better training to avoid the same mistakes.

4. Ability for player/s to address you with concerns about management style. positive or negative.

Completely agree with 1. and 2. :thup:

The one thing I mentioned here sometime ago, about Influence attribute. It should change according not just only to players personality, but to years in the same team, or going to another team, example:

* I have a good prospect, and he has an strong personality, but because he is young he CANT has 18 influence, he should start with 10 maybe. But then, after he wins a place in the first team and play more and more seasons he could reach 20 influence. Watch out, im not saying ALL young players could do this, just the ones with the indicated personality/attribute. If you have a young boy with 2 as influence I think that no matter what he cant achieve 15+ influence.

* Then, after he reaches 18 influence he is sold from, lets say Burnley to Liverpool, then he CANT have the same influence, the attribute should drop to 12-13, and then again, if he plays and gets involved with the team he could reach again the 18 rating.

* And the opposite for other players, maybe a guy who doesnt have too much influence in an strong PL team, then is transferred to a team in Scotland, so, after a few games he should have almost the highest influence. Again, not ALL the players but the ones who have strong personalities.

So, influence should change according more to time in a team, level of that team, and experience than a kind of "training" of that attribute, etc.

I'd like the ability to set the corner taking role to a specific position rather than specific players. For example if my assigned corner taker has to be subbed, I sometimes have to tweak my whole corner strategy to make sure the person I'd set to "challenge keeper" isn't taking the kicks now. What I'd like instead are options like AML always takes corners, DMC always attacks ball from deep, etc.

I edit a lot - and I really would LOVE if the editor was tweaked so as to allow us editing moles able to get some sleep at night by allowing us to edit multiple people/clubs etc. in one go. Instead of having to change a nationality or other attribute manually each time, I'd like to be able to group my selections together and do it in a few clicks, rather than hundreds.

I'd like to see board confidence change due to different circumstances throughout the season. For instance, if you take charge of a mid table team half way through a season and it says something like, 'the board will not be judging you on your performance in the league- Board Confidence Okay', for the board still be pleased if you win the league or get to the play offs, as oppossed to still being just okay.

Something that has annoyed me the game is that when taking over at another club during the season, the board don't adjust what they wish to achieve from the season. For example, I've recently taken the Derby job and was 22nd in the Championship in early December. It is now mid-Feb and I am 15th which leaves me looking fairly safe and as such I am proud of my work. However the board and fans are disappointed as we are not a top half team like expected by them before I took the job, which I find unfair and unrealistic.

What I am suggesting is that it be implemented into the game that the board would adjust their expectations in such situations to something like expecting you to easily avoid relegation and finish mid-table or similar.

The Jamie Redknapp-scenario.. I'm fully behind this, and I'm surprised SI haven't already fixed it as I've seen many on here mention it.

The one thing I mentioned here sometime ago, about Influence attribute. It should change according not just only to players personality, but to years in the same team, or going to another team, example:

* I have a good prospect, and he has an strong personality, but because he is young he CANT has 18 influence, he should start with 10 maybe. But then, after he wins a place in the first team and play more and more seasons he could reach 20 influence. Watch out, im not saying ALL young players could do this, just the ones with the indicated personality/attribute. If you have a young boy with 2 as influence I think that no matter what he cant achieve 15+ influence.

* Then, after he reaches 18 influence he is sold from, lets say Burnley to Liverpool, then he CANT have the same influence, the attribute should drop to 12-13, and then again, if he plays and gets involved with the team he could reach again the 18 rating.

* And the opposite for other players, maybe a guy who doesnt have too much influence in an strong PL team, then is transferred to a team in Scotland, so, after a few games he should have almost the highest influence. Again, not ALL the players but the ones who have strong personalities.

So, influence should change according more to time in a team, level of that team, and experience than a kind of "training" of that attribute, etc.

I defended this for years, and was never implemented, this is the most logical way.

I have two ideas for future games:

1) with all the financial shenanigans at Portsmouth and Notts Co., I think it would be a nice idea if the odd time with a takeover that a message comes up after a few months "Mr. X the new club owner has been deceiving the club about the extent of his fortune, and is being indicted for fraud in 15 countries". For obvious libel reasons this could only happen with regens.

2) I forget 2 but it was a good one, will get back to ye all, when I remember

3) Still haven't remembered more but heres some more, fans expectations should be much better improved, I haven't got the one where they'r upset over a narrow loss away to a much better team, but I just received a message that the Wolfsburg fans are pleased with a 2-2 draw away to Austria Vienna, like wtf!!

4) Personally I believe it should be hardcoded into the game that a team on about 40% possesion should get half or less of the chances than their opponents. Possession=shots on goal, and at 40% possession you're hoping for a luck free or a corner. This has happened to me too much in FM10, and nobody can say it's my tactis when I have 60% possesion on a team and they have 17 shots 3CCCs to my 11 shots 1CCC.

5) Not a big one really but Matthias Sindelar should be a club legent at Austria Wien.

Got a couple actually ...

1. No limt on numbers of backroom staff, who are the board to tell me how many coaches, scouts etc i can have, as long as i am within my wage budget they can **** off and let me decide.

2. A more advanced training module, similar to CM03/04 or FM 2005. If people play the game and can't be arsed then let managers choose between the simple training method ( like in FM2010) and a more advanced one. For those gamers choosing the more advanced one they should be able to see better improvements in their players, particularly young players.

That's about it, the games still awesome as far as i am concerned!!

I've posted her before but just had more ideas:

1. Better incentives for a player to sign such as "I'll build my team around you" or "you'll be captain" or "if you score 20 goals a season you'll get a bonus." because we can now play lower leagues with the editor, these kind of things could help attract better players

2. more player/fan interaction to boost your fan base such as "Spurs players Peter Crouch Jermaine Defoe and Luka Modric signed autographs at the club's open day". I know we have fan days but I've never seen any effect of them.

- To be able to create a list of players that the assistant chooses a line-up from, rather than picking them certain squads and certain positions. I like to quickly ask the assistant to pick the team and then I make my changes to it.

In my current game, I have a large first team squad and would like to be able to easily pick a starting 11 from a list of players I want to give a run out. This is most useful when playing in the League Cup or other lower reputation matches.

I'm assuming it isn't possible to do this currently...?

- To be able to create a list of players that the assistant chooses a line-up from, rather than picking them certain squads and certain positions. I like to quickly ask the assistant to pick the team and then I make my changes to it.

In my current game, I have a large first team squad and would like to be able to easily pick a starting 11 from a list of players I want to give a run out. This is most useful when playing in the League Cup or other lower reputation matches.

You can already do this mate, pick a team, save line up, load it when you want it! Done!

I would also be able to create a shortlist of staff.

I have this little thing where i love to bring former players back to the club i am managing, particularly if they are a club fav and offer them jobs. I would like to have a shortlist option that basically works exactly the same as the player shortlist.

Ta.

I want an assistant manager for in-game feedback and for purposes of filtering otherwise gigantic shortlists (at least at lower league level), but I don't want his advice when I offer contracts. I like to scout players myself using only my judgement of attributes and, where appropriate, stats. As such, his advice about "this player is a waste of space" or something like that may put me off a player I'd otherwise have brought in. It would also remove the tempation of offering a contract to a free agent simply to see what the asst mngr says.

I'd like to be able to turn this aspect of assistant manager advice off.

I was wondering if the game has regenerated a Golden Generation of players in your save similar to Cruiff, Krol, Neeskens ect for Ajax in the 70's or Beckham, Giggs, Scholes, Butt and the Neville brothers for Man U in the 90's?

I think this would be a good idea to improve the game as it would introduce world class regens and would change the game dynamics as you way have the best team in Europe and then someone like Porto may regenerate a Golden Generation of players which may help lead them to Champions League glory.

Any thoughts?

I was wondering if the game has regenerated a Golden Generation of players in your save similar to Cruiff, Krol, Neeskens ect for Ajax in the 70's or Beckham, Giggs, Scholes, Butt and the Neville brothers for Man U in the 90's?

I think this would be a good idea to improve the game as it would introduce world class regens and would change the game dynamics as you way have the best team in Europe and then someone like Porto may regenerate a Golden Generation of players which may help lead them to Champions League glory.

Any thoughts?

Very good idea.I have never seen a legendary regen yet.

I like to see

Every so often a player has a major fall out with there international manager.

e.g. Barry Ferguson and Alan McGregor for drinking on international duty and it ended up they will never play for Scotland again

another thing would be if another club wants me as there new manager. I can make a deal to take my assistant with me

I know you can offer a mutual termanation to members of staff at your new club but its more realistic that the manager and his trusted assistant and maybe even the first team coach who have been together for a long time move together. And it takes time for me to terminate contracts and bring in my own staff. I want to get everything sorted as soon as a can

A completely pointless thing but I'd like to be able to put in where I'm from or my nearest team.

The town I grew up in is in the game but in a league so low down it will never ever be included in the FM series. Nonetheless, I like to be able to go there for a pre-season friendly and get even higher crowds than I would have before because I'm the "local boy done good"

I would like to see custom views and the tactics screen saved. I mean I want to set up my view like in FML and I want it to stay there next time I visit the squad page. Also when I click tactics I want it to go to whatever tactics page I left it at, ie team tactics! That is all.

Ive always wanted to see the more random and 'out there' events put into FM. Theyd happen fairly rarely, but itd be interesting when they did, for example.

1) On the new FM, Dodo is banned until the 7th November due to drugs. Why not have that happen occasionally. Or have an incident at a nightclub which means the player cant play for a week while he is questioned, and then that depends if he gets locked up or not.

2) Rainy games abandoned during play. Can you imagine if you were 2-0 down and the game got stopped!! Or games abandoned due to unhappy fans invading the pitch if the club is doing really badly.

3) Someone above mentioned total random bankruptings. Id like that. Suddenly City owners pull out, costs spiral, and they drop 2 divisions. Or the opposite where teams dont just get bought, but really bought, like Notts County. So a Stevenage ends up challenging for the Premiership.

4) Im not sure about whether this one should be included because of issues of good taste, but what about players/staff dying? Im not sure if this would be too controversial, but it might bring an element of emotion into the game? What do people think about that one??

On separate notes, Id like to see you be able to see Sponsor changes on the shirts. There was another management game that did it years ago, you could pick your sponsor and then itd be on the actual shirt. Also the ability to change the design of the shirt every few years. It seems weird to manage Stockport and have them still in the same kit 10 years later! Itd then be interesting seeing what new kits other teams had as well, eg Man U in a green away shirt in 2020!!!

I would like that FM would give you the opportunity to assign individual tactics to each player so that when you substitute a player you don't have to go back to the player tactics and tell the new guy what to do. I am a manager that likes to let players play according to their strengths. For example: you've got wingers that are good crossers but bad dribblers. I would then assign them to cross the ball as often as they can from wherever. But you can also have a winger that's good at both. Then I would want him to dribble a lot and cross the ball. And so on.

Personal fixed tactics, that's what I want. Maybe even tactics that take into account the kind of players you have on the pitch. For example when defending you can have a player that's good at marking and heading. But if he gets an injury the other player you put in place for him could be bad at marking. You may then want another player take over the role of marking. This player is worse at marking than the initial (now injured) player who was assigned to marking but maybe a lot better at marking than the player who replaced the injured player. So the marking role gets taken over by that player and the player who replaced the injured one will then be put on back or maybe second post.

I hope you get it.

as i read this on another threads

We've still got lots of things we want to do with the manager role before thinking about potentially expanding any other roles in the game. Even then it's highly unlikely it would be the chairman role.

I would much rather see something like director of football and head coach roles being developed like you find in a lot of European countries.

i was thinking some days ago about suggesting this one, so i wish to see those things in next FM:

1- You can click on Chairman & director of football profiles.

as it is important to include director of football knowledge in scouting assignment.

2- Every chairman had a special features:

to be Business Man or sportsman: The business man invest a lot money and order instant results & if the results are poor, then he changes the system from the tradition one to the European one by appointment of DoF and offer the manager to work as Head coach or leave, the sportsman who had interest in the game give the manager more time, and don't like to change the manager, also give the manager all duties about transfers but invest less money compared to business man.

3- Director of football & Manager/Head Coach

should the DoF be given all the duties by the chairman ( first team signing & selling / Youth team signing / hiring or sacking staff including manager or head-coach / using the scouts / improve facilities or expand stadium / using the available money made by the chairman ) plus the appointment/sacking of Manager/head-coach.

then it is important to include that at every Manager if he is open to work under the European system as head or not, 50-50 rate if a job comes higher than his current reputation.

then, once the DoF comes, It is also important to include the chairman could only allow sacking the manager by reducing transfer budget for DoF ( in case to pay the manager his compensation ) which could force the DoF to stick with him sometimes in order to back him to get the players. and if he decided to sack the manager in case to his duties or bring in his own man, then he needs to offer title job of ( Manager/Head Coach ) based on what he gets in market or applications.

then if agreement come, if he decided to get a Manager, then should be needed to decided the Duties/Level of freedom

• Duties/Level of freedom:
    if Manager come, then it's leave ( first team signings, contracts & selling / hiring or sacking first team staff / using scouts ) up to him.
    but if Head coach come, that's leave all duties for DoF. Then it is important to include level of freedom ability by the DoF. ( Dictatorship: final decision made by DoF / Balanced : as should both of DoF & head coach agree about such idea about DoF duties / democrat : should DoF leave all duties to head coach about first team transfers, contracts, staff & scouting ) .. also it is important to notice that both of DoF or head-coach can start the idea about signing player or selling/loaning player or other duties in all levels. The Doctatorship DoF may rejects some ideas

also it is important to make that if the Eropean system didn't work for 2-3 managers, then the chairman may sack DoF, and may even consider change the system. Also take-over could bring some change based on the type of chairman if he is businessman or sportsman .

and sorry if there are erros about the language as it isn't my first language.

- To be able to create a list of players that the assistant chooses a line-up from, rather than picking them from certain squads and certain positions. I like to quickly ask the assistant to pick the team and then I make my changes to it.

You can already do this mate, pick a team, save line up, load it when you want it! Done!

You can't. You misunderstood what I was suggesting.

You are referring to saving a particular team selection.

I want to be able to filter out players than for example have played more than half the games. This way, I can quickly ask the assistant to pick a team from rarely used players.

This image I created might help illustrate it better.

wsa23o.png

You may notice the little section I added at the bottom.

If don't want to save a team selection. This doesn't solve my problem. Right now I am setting up my team to play against a terrible lower division team in the cup. I don't want my assistant to pick a team from the reserves or the u-20 team. I want him to pick a team from players that have played less than half the games (to try to keep as many people happy as possible).

Take another situation, I might want to do what seems fashionable among the better Premier League teams, playing my younger players in the cup. Say I want to tell my assistant to pick a team from all players at the club who are under the age of 21. I can't do that, as far as I know...

The 3rd choice there I have as a "Custom Filter" is the ability to filter out players I consider "1st choice". Take this situation as an example, I have an important European game on Tuesday, but I have an earlier round of the league cup scheduled on Sunday, just 2 days beforehand. I don't want to risk injury or tire out my first choice players for the game, so I un-tick the "In first choice 11" custom filter I made. This way the assistant picks their best team from all available players outside of my pre-defined first 11.

I would definitely be happy if there was an option for us to buy the club so that I can be the chairman of my own club ;)

There might be some potential in that idea actually.

Say for example, you are the manager of a successful club... you lead Man €ity to a few league titles and the odd Champions League trophy, in real-life, you'd be seriously minted.

Perhaps the option to buy the club or a part of it would be interesting. Giving you a seat on the board or even chairman. Having some or all control of the club from board level would be cool. You could dictate that the club build a new stadium and stuff like that.

On a slightly related note, adding a "Total Career Earnings" to your achievements page would be nice. I can't think of any reason why I would ask for more money than what I was offered. Again, that could be tied to your ability to invest in or buy out a club.

For example... You are successful in management, earning millions in the process, but all you ever wanted to do was lead Bognor Regis up the divisions to the big-time (without any cheating or exploits ;)).

You could sink the 1/2 million or so it might take to buy the club out, if they wanted to sell, giving you control of the club. If you were of sufficient means, you could sink more of your money into the club if you had it.

I'm sure this must've been mentioned before, but I'd like to see a revision of the substitute system to include an after-the-fact Undo function for extreme circumstances like the one detailed below.

I just had a situation where I was 2-1 up against Chelsea with 20 minutes left and decided to do a triple substitution. One of the players coming off was my lone striker (4-2-3-1 formation) who was on a yellow card, being subbed for another striker.

After I confirmed the substitution, but before the game had applied my changes, the striker on the yellow card managed to pick up another yellow, getting himself sent off.

Because I had already applied the changes on my triple substitution beforehand, the "Undo" button wasn't available when the post-sending-off-tactics screen appeared, and so only 2 of my substitutions happened, neither of which was for a striker, meaning I had to play the rest of the match with no natural striker. I lost 3-2.

IRL the manager would've had the opportunity to change his mind about which subs he was making and adjust to compensate, and so I believe it should be the same in FM.

Also, IRL in friendlies you can bring substituted players back on later in the same game. I'd like to see this in FM too.

- Affiliate clubs which cannot take the player on loan at the time (ie. who are outside of their transfer window) greyed out when trying to send players out.

- Players prefered positions given more importance, eg. a player may be unhappy at being played at AMR when they're a striker, even if they're more than capable of doing so.

- The ability to ask a player if they're willing/happy to play out of position and/or fill in in an injury crisis, for example.

- The ability to negotiate positions into contract/sign-on agreements, eg. a player may be unhappy at being played at LB and may only move to another club if they promise to play him at DC. This would be, presumably, in a similar manner to the current system of promising them a certain role in the team.

I'd like to see what the commentary says e.g "he slides on both knee's...thats a proper celebration" and "the players are surrounding the referee" they don't do neither atm,not a big deal but would add something.

I'd like to see a few stewards scattered around aswell,wearing their bright orange jackets,also like to see a "tunnel" can't understand why they left that out,especially when a player is sent off and the commentary says "his manager is ushering him down the tunnel" what bloody tunnel

It would also be nice to see a me the "manager" stood around the dug out area,add a few celebrations like a jump in the air (martin o'neil style) and a few angry moments when you conceed (like what the GK does when you conceed) ok it's cosmetic,but aint everything cosmetic in 3D

Thats all i can think of atm.

On a different note things i would like to see taken out of 3D are

Stadium roofs overhang,totally pointless and can be annoying,and tbh wembleys overhang looks like accrington stanleys roof (no offence to accrington)

That's my ten penneth.

Re-evaluate Season Expectations

At the start of every season the board asks (sometimes tells you) what league position they should expect and how much money you get on that basis.

I would like to be able to up my prediction if i am doing well.

Say I tell the board I will avoid relegation and they give me 2.5mill. Now imagine I am doing much better by Jan. Safety practically guaranteed. I would like a bit more money for the jan transfer window on the basis that I will finish higher.

At the start of the jan transfer window may be the board could ask your prediction again and give new money based on the current finances.

At the start the season if given the option of mid table finish with 5mill budget then maybe in jan they could offer me the chance to keep the start of season prediction with no extra money or pick a mid table finish and a chance to spend the remaining 2.5mill.

Of course the trade off is that the season expectations are higher and if you don't fulfill, ie only avoid relegation and not finish mid table, then your job security would drop the same way it normally does for failing start of season expectations.

More flexibilty with the backroom staff is needed, in my opinion. If I am limited to 6 coaches, and yet have £20,000 a week left of my wage budget and I'm happy with my squad, I should be allowed to use that money to expand my coaching/scouting staff. (This is my situation at Forest at the start of a new game).

I also like the Staff Shortlist idea.

Better Player interaction like asking him if hes happy at the club? "If he would be happy to play in a different position in an injury crises" like what Michael Carrick is doing for MU jst now.

You can put your own clauses in your contract like "If an offer comes in from another club the board will let you consider it". "Upgrade in stadium if you get promoted".

Better questions in press conference, And the ability to call a press-conference whenever you like, Also explain why you have left a club or signed for a club.

As you felt the need for a correction i feel i have to correct you, IF the first division was included that indeed Jimmy Greaves would be known as the first divisions top scorer, the Premier Leagues top scorer is in fact Alan Shearer with 260 goals in the Premier League, i wasnt aware (from your statement) that Jimmy had actually played in the Premier League?

Isnt it fun pointing out mistakes.

OK, no need to get snide about it. I was just saying that the Premier League on FM counts the First Division before that as well. i.e. Forest won the Premier Division in 1979.

I wasn't pointing out a mistake, I was just saying that it'd be cool if some players were able to work your way into the Premier League's (in FM terms - i.e. including the First Division) all-time top goalscorers.

I've played 2 matches Charity shield match against Arsneal and the 1st league game against Liverpool. My fitness conditions between the matches seems to be ok.

Both Starting at 93/95% ending with 85-73%. Condition seems to be ok.

I have toned down my training from heavy to medium becauses of the adjustment made to patch 10.2. If people who have problems with conditions should do the same.

Injuries have increase but not a major concern as 10.1 I had no to very little injuries, hardly used my 25 man squad.

Sorry wrong thread^

Really really really need "save training selections"!!!

Before a new season start,I need all my players focus on fitness train;Then when season start,I need them all back to the schedules I assigned them for dailly training.

It is NOT a easy job when you have a lot of players,a "save training selections" will be really helpful

again,really need this...

not a major thing but will be really handy

Loans >

As the parent club, I'd like to be able to specify conditions to the loan such as the training schedule for the player, positional retraining, mentoring (preferred mentors / type of mentoring), when they can play him with regard to his fitness (i.e. "Can't field this player if condition is less than [90]% before the match"), and positional orders (i.e. "Only ever use player in position [left-back]").

Archived