Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

The Premier League also counts the old first division in FM, in which case the Premier League's all-time top goalscorer is Jimmy Greaves. :thup:

But yes, I would like to see all-time stats lists. For clubs & nations you could have the all-time top 25 appearances/goalscorers. So you could break into these tables

For leagues you could probably extend it to more. And you could do the top socrers in each countries domestic leagues, as a lot of players score in several tiers as they move clubs and get promotion etc.

You could also do World Records, like the Hall of Fame for all-time top goalscorers and all-time top appearance makers in the history of the game.

Also, I would like a history page of all the clubs previous managers, and their Win/Draw/Loss and win % ratios, then it can be added to as the game goes on.

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

Rehash your manager achievements and history as well. It has improved over time, but for one (and it's a small gripe) I don't want to see in my competition history...."won in xxxxx Cup 1st Round...won in xxxxx Cup 2nd Round"...and so on for each year. Just how far I got in each competition or final league position for each season would be great because after a few seasons on a career game the feature becomes clogged with irrelevant fluff to the point of becoming pointless trying to track your history.

I'd like to see the press conferences developed as well as they do get tedious after a while (same old questions/same old responses) or have a media-handling attribute for your Assistant Manager because in the past my Assistants have (like my current one! :) ) dropped me in it, so 'send assistant' isn't really an option for me and I don't want to sack my Assistant just because he's a numpty in front of the press, but nor do I want to do the same old 30-40 press conferences every season.

...but then again there's probably a few managers irl who get bored of the same old questions from the press pack. :D

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A downloadable manual.

Yeah agreed, for such an in-depth game the manual booklet that comes with the game is crap and always has been. I'd hate to try and pick up the game for the first time and have to rely on that flimsy pamphlet.

A quick guide to each league and competition around the world would be nice. EU-players, home grown rules, dates, promotion and relegation playoffs etc etc.

I dabbled at the MLS, not knowing much about football in the US and just sat there looking at all the...uh...idiosyncrasies in rules of that league and was completely stumped.

I don't want to watch a video on You Tube on how to use the Editor for example because it's totally impractical to watch and fiddle with the editor at the same time?? Or rely on people online to make their own FAQ's and instructions.

Id like the ability to invite retired players and former legends to friendly matches to boost morale, see off a player who is retiring etc.

I would also like to see player presentations visually, even on the field. (On rare occasions for world class players)

Fans surrounding the pitch, and also running on when you win a league title.

I would also like to see cup/trophy presentations after you win a league/cup.

Surely it can't be that hard to see your players line up for a photo after a cup win, see some confetti, and see them do a lap of honor. Come on, make the game fun!

I really hate seeing my players just walk off after winning a title, makes you feel as though it wasn't that fun to play it or win it.

I'd like to see more in depth Manager Reputations. If, after 10 seasons of playing, I had developed many young starts into world-class talent, I'd like acknowledgement. Maybe a new rating introduced to the list of "Tactical consistency, financial handling... Youth development". That way, if a number of Europe's top teams are bidding for a young star, he'd look at my awesome Youth Development stat, and that would help sway him towards my team.

I'd also like to be able to set my players targets. I.E. Ashley Young will get a 20% contract increase if he finishes the season with 15 assists.

This is impossible for me to read so I'll put some I'd like, sorry if their mentioned a lot.

Liked to have more places in tactics for players on the pitch, not just vertical which I know can be done with mentality but horizontal

too. I hate the fact that u cant have for instance 2 mcs and spread them horizontaly as far as you wish without tweaking the width for the whole team.

Like to have separate tactical placements for with and without the ball, for instance to be able to make defense with 3 amcs and offense with 1 am, aml and amr.

To have tactical instructions in the player profile, position screen in profile would be good for this. You wouldn't have to tweak your tactics every time u change players or make a sub in the match.

To have control on how each player receives the ball being targetman or not.

To have my assistant arranging friendlies for the reserves and youth.

To have stats drop or raise more dramatically sometimes. Like 30 ability for a wunderkind in just a month on rear occasions. I think this happens IRL.

There is more surely. I mentioned them on the forum but nobody seems to like or care or whatever. Im sure that others thought of these. In fact I had these ideas for long time and mentioned them 5 or more years ago. I've lost my login, before you ask.

Just a few random ideas ive thought of. Most have probably been said before:

-----> I'd like for the press conferences to respond more to what is going on in your game. Some examples from my game are:

I'm moving to a new stadium at the start of the next season. When it came to my last home game of the season there was no mention of this in either the pre/post match conferences. That last game of the season also ended up being the league decider also, winner takes all, but again there was mention of this in the conferences.

At the start of the new season both the pre/post match conferences didnt mention it was my first game in a new stadium.

These are all things that would get huge coverage if they happen IRL.

-----> Also it might be a nice touch if in cup finals, the spectators were spread equally - ie: my fans get half the stadium, the other team get the other half. At the moment if you are the "away" team in a final, you get the least amount of supports in the stadium.

-----> Perhaps also when you are playing a Fierce rival there is a few rows of seats empty between your fans the opposition for security reasons etc. Maybe police/stewards could be visible in the stadium.

-----> Mexican waves might be a cool touch to see flying around the stadium in certain circumstances.

-----> Streakers would be a funny addition

Alot of these are visual/cosmetic but in a game that already has so many of "the little things" that make it stand apart from the rest i dont think thats a bad thing.

With the new possibility of bringing low-level English competitions to FM, I'd love to see some improvements around low-level competition based on playing Super Bladesman's great file (mainly dealing with finances):

- Have a lower ticket price floor than $14.80

- Allow a club, once relegated, to 'go amateur' from semi-pro (haven't seen this yet)

- Allow payers to 'pay to play' in the lower levels (this is rampant in the US lower levels, not sure as much so across the pond)

- Give lower level clubs a rich owner that pumps a few thousand dollars in every year since he sees the club as a worthwhile hobby. (Instead of requiring leagues & cups to need $$ prizes so all the clubs stay solvent)

- Ability for random players to move into the city/ask to play or the ability to hold tryouts (maybe the reaction to the tryouts are based on your reputation or the money you choose to spend to advertise it?)

- More lower-level trial days

- No press conferences for very low-level leagues - except for big events

- Better description of player's future quality (seems to just stop at level 10 and never says 'would be good regional first div striker', for example)

I'm sure I'll have more than this - this is just my first impression.

Also, a general thought that always annoys me about soccer games... why can we not change substitutions once they are decided upon? Frequently, I make a sub choice but someone gets injured or takes a small knock, and I'd like to change the sub. There has to be a better way to make subs.

I just want a good newgen system that doesn't cripple the long term game by giving players absurdly low values in attributes often ones vital to their position.

I’m sick of guiding teams up the leagues only to have to abandon the game because after nine seasons all the young talent has ridicules deficiencies that would IRL see them playing in the blue square south.

I think FM don't need much more, for me it would only need to have some "fixed" issues so it could got more real, i would say some of them:

1. The way B teams are managed by non-human managers - Is strange to see like 50 players in Barcelona A team, when only 25 can be registered, the other 25 never play for the team and are not included in B team so they can play. B and C teams work like reserve teams in the game, and the is not what happens IRL

2. To many offers for young avarage players - Is strange to have Man Utd, Chelsea, Barcelona and many other big clubs interested in too much young mediocre players when this teams i typed sell all their possible star players to other clubs. Seems like the other team players are always better then ours... and also a bit unreal to have bits for player that never played, never proved they are good, players that have 16 and 17 years old. I'm not saying it don't happen, but in FM is a bit too much...

Taking Barcelona again has example, all their potential youth stars are sold in the first season, Assulin, Thiago, Jonathan, etc etc

2. Youth system - There is no big options in here, we can't control it...

In Italy we do not have reserve team, so it would be better to have Primavera and Berretti (i.e. UNDER 20) instead of reserve team and UNDER 18 or UNDER 16 instead of youth team. In my opinion it would be cool if regens would start from 12yo, this could be easy if every team has an additional under 14 team.

In Italy we do not have reserve team, so it would be better to have Primavera and Berretti (i.e. UNDER 20) instead of reserve team and UNDER 18 or UNDER 16 instead of youth team. In my opinion it would be cool if regens would start from 12yo, this could be easy if every team has an additional under 14 team.

Yeah, I like this. For some strange reason never thought about it. It would take a larger scouting system but imagine SI how kids that play the game would react to see themselves in it ;) Think that this would be a commercial bullseye.

I would like to see the ability to take the millions, I've earned from coaching and purchase a team. I'd see becoming an owner/coach which would remove having to beg the board to do things like upgrade the stadium, pitch, and training facilities. In this mode, you could still coach and do the things you normally do but without fear of firing or restrictions (besides $). Perhaps if you wanted, you could even hire a head coach and only be an Owner.

Love it - would bring a whole new dimension to the gameplay.

I've been thinking that it would be nice to have a visual representation of where your players are set up to be for corners, as opposed to just having it in writing. Should be fairly easy to put in and would make life slightly easier when setting up set pieces. Also, on the same subject, I would love to be able to set corners up to either one of two or three options. At the moment you have to say, for example, left corners near post, right corners far post or just mixed. Why can't I say either near or far post but none of the other options?

I would like to see the ability to take the millions, I've earned from coaching and purchase a team. I'd see becoming an owner/coach which would remove having to beg the board to do things like upgrade the stadium, pitch, and training facilities. In this mode, you could still coach and do the things you normally do but without fear of firing or restrictions (besides $). Perhaps if you wanted, you could even hire a head coach and only be an Owner.

http://www.sega.com/lmast/en/

1) The opponent instructions changed to individual players - for example asking a CF to close down and harry the opponents CBs rather than ask him to close down all over the pitch. So you with have the player having their roles, duties and oppo instructions individually chosen.

2) The advanced menu for players taken away - we have too much control over them. If a player is wasting possession due to long shots even with a poor stat this must be addressed during training via the interaction menu and the development of their game.

3) Preparation just as important as tactics on the day - for example if you normally play 4-4-2 but chose to play 5-4-1 for an away game @ Chelsea this should be walked through in training.

Criticizing/influencing referee decisions before, during and after matches.

Much more depth in making comments regarding rival managers and rival players.

A trophy, medals, plaques...gallery graphics display page of your achievements with a club.

Temporarily flashing colours in the background every time you win a cup or title (just like every time there is a goal scored in the commentary text bar).

Human players manager staff profile stats in depth and displayed just like the AI managers have.

hello!

i'm sorry if i sound a bit n00b here, but it's my first post, so go easy on me x3 i'm also sorry if this is in the wrong section (although, after an extensive search, i cant seem to find an appropriate place for it), but...

i'd like to have the option to mass-sign players on trial. i often manage lower league teams, with no hope of scouting anyone (the expenses are too much. yes, really!), so i have to bring them to the club on a week's trial, inspect their stats, and then sign 'em or kick 'em out. the new version helps a little with this (with the 'do not show this message again?' tick box), but it should be easy to implement a 'highlight 20 players > right click > offer trial to selected players > 1 week' feature, rather like adding/removing players from the shortlist and scouting players en-masse is now.

(i'm not sure if there's a download on the forums somewhere for a tool like that already, but i've not seen it - link me!)

also, you could do something like the 'england trials day' message that pops up, but for your club. i.e. you could "put an advert in the national paper" or something, and then players would show up to the club on a specific day set by you, and show their skills in the hope of winning a contract. some players might enjoy the day and the look of your club/training facilities, some might not, which would increase/decrease the likelihood they sign with you

i also really liked the sound of this guy's idea:

I wouldn't mind seeing more work done in the ... player signing area:

- When you are signing a player, just like what I said above, you should be able to talk to him about the clubs ambitions and where he will fit into the team. I think signing a player on the current FM is too basic and should go into much more detail.

but you could extend that out even further to interactions with the club managers. ideally, you could be able to do things like...:

sign players from a club, with an agreement to loan them back to the same club for a couple of years / 6 months / until they find a replacement (like manchester united did with adem ljajic(?) and his transfer from partizan)

agree to buy the player out of next year's transfer budget when signing them on loan. (and if this isnt carried out, relations with the player, his club and his manager would decrease, etc (kinda like a 'future fee', but because you've spent all your money for the season, it's out of next year's budget))

ask how likely it is for you to be able to sign a player to the manager

ask if he'll cut you a deal on a player who's in the reserves doing nothing

ask if you could get someone for free with a 50% sell-on clause

ask if he has anyone he'd be willing to let you have for free to 'reduce the wage costs of his club' / 'help you out at the problem (left back) position' / 'just for lols'.

if he can recommend someone from his squad that might be interested in joining your club (transfer/freebie/loan)

players, once signed, coming to you and requesting to be loaned out to gain some first team experience (like all good young players would if they were going to be / are dwelling in your reserves ('fabian delph' comes to mind from last year's version - how many people signed him, then threw him into the reserves for a few years, and he didnt reach his potential because of it..? he'd have atleast asked to be loaned out IRL)).

also, a bit more consistency in asking managers how much they want for a player. quite often they'll ask for 500k, for example, then you ask to pay as 250k upfront and 250k over 12 months, to which they reply '500k and 250k over 12 months'..... you then propose the original price to them (500k upfront), and they reject it, or ask for more money, etc. if you offended them, or make media comments about the player, then i could understand the increase in price / decrease in willingness to negotiate (like moyes with lescott's transfer to city), but at the moment, it varies considerably for no conceivable reason. added to this, one of the managers could say "i've noticed a huge improvement in his training recently / he played incredible last game / we're struggling for options in his position due to the recent injury to (player name). as a result, i do not wish to sell him now" (but please, dont make it like this for every single player when i'm trying to sign them... lol)

and whilst i'm here.... (last point, dont worry.. lol) it'd be perfect to be able to link to players, clubs, staff, etc in the interviews. the interview is a fantastic feature, but seriously lacks depth. it should be extended out to have a huge array of options to select from, all affecting how you (the manager) is seen in the gameworld, by your club, it's fans, your players, the board, other managers, etc..

for example; the media sometimes ask what the recent good run of results is down to. you could highlight one of your staff to a question like this (i.e. "the head coach has been working harder than anyone on the training pitch lately" / "the set piece coach has exceptional skill in training freekick takers" / "the board gave me plenty of money which allowed me to build a quality squad" / "the scouting team found me some amazing free players" / etc), or if you're in the 'mourinho'-mould, link to yourself and your fantastic skill in blending a squad together, and your tactical supremacy.. xD

another example - you're often asked about signing a player on loan permanently after a good performance. you could be able to say "i'll have a word with their manager, *alex ferguson*, and see what i can do" (cue phonecall from sir alex, if he cares.. lol (or perhaps he could be asked in his next interview ahead of the big game with chelsea, and be furious the focus wasnt on his team, etc)), another answer - "*the board* wont give me enough to sign him" - (cue board's reaction to offending them in an interview / acceptance he's a fantastic player and needs to be bought immediately / whatever). obviously, it'd be incredibly difficult to implement these via the 'additional text' feature, but it could be done if the interviewer confirmed what you were trying to say. example:

interviewer: "Loanee James Chester played well in the Conference North game versus Stalybridge. Will you be looking to sign him on a permanent basis now?

"Yes, i'd love to! *additional text* - but (link to player) *James Chester* is requesting too much money, unfortunately"

interviewer: "you mean: 'his wages exceed my budget' / 'he is not worth the wages' / 'he is not willing to lower his wage demands to join the club' / 'his club are asking for too much of a transfer fee' / 'we can neither afford his wages or his transfer budget' / 'manchester united are unlikely to want to part with a player of such calibre' / 'the player will want to play at a higher standard of football' / etc. the options are truly endless, and could all be triggered from the 'but..' in the additional text, in this case.

alternatively, you could scrap the additional text feature, and add in a 'additional key word'. e.g. same question (interviewer: "Loanee James Chester played well in the Conference North game versus Stalybridge. Will you be looking to sign him on a permanent basis now?), and you could click 'YES', and 'confirm' it, or click 'YES', then a drop-down menu with 'WAGES' on it, giving you a bunch of links with answers regarding wages (like stated above), or one with 'FEE', and a dropdown of answers containing 'transfer fee / signing on fee / 'if he was available without a fee' / etc' options.

i hope some of those potential improvement on the game's current features are atleast heard by the game's hierarchy, as i'm sure most players of it would agree that the detail level of those specific areas could be vastly increased. saying that, i would like to point out that these are just minor 'faults' with the game. overall, it's comfortably the best football management game on any platform, and offers serious competition to the likes of 'fifa', 'pro evo', etc on consoles for the title of 'ultimate football game' - quite an achievement in itself! and AFAIK, football manager is vastly improving every single year, so please, keep up the good work! :D

thanking you in advanced,

DJ

Yeah, I like this. For some strange reason never thought about it. It would take a larger scouting system but imagine SI how kids that play the game would react to see themselves in it ;) Think that this would be a commercial bullseye.

Me too, definietely a great addition to have an Under-16 team.

-->Another thing is to have the chance to start your career as Youth or Reserve team coach and slowly work up the ranks.

-->Also, i realized that for one of the major awards, is it the FIFA Player of the year Award??,,is decided by the number of votes from managers but when we play we do not have the option to vote for the player.

-->Also, can retired players not disappear completely from the game if they do not choose to have remain as staff??instead leave them as "passive" player in the game where he could choose to become a staff later on and you could try to influence him to become a staff

-->And have the option to learn a new language yourself or send ur staff/players to a language course which may not be restricted to just the country's main language(eg. a staff/player in england sent for a italian language class)

-->Hold events which foster friendships among players and staff and the option to treat the club staff and players to a meal or an outing.

-->And one last thing, to have more stats like each clubs All-time top Goalscorers and Appearances, each League Top 20 etc and the player history to have appearances and goals in all competitions and just the league(i know its been said before, just trying to add weight to this idea :o)

not sure if all of this have been posted, just my 2 pence worth;)

EDIT:just wondering..would SI actually look thru these and implement it in the game??

I think the previous 2 editions of data editor is much more clearer than 2010's one. It's a drawback since SI give up the DirectX full screen mode in 2008.

I'd like to be able to edit club's friendlies. Just like what we can do with national teams.

An 'apologize to the player' interaction son you can reset his likes/dislikes for you. Or tell me exactly why he likes/dislikes me. Or reduce the affect of likes/dislikes, team-talks, press confs. A player with 195 ca never gets above 7 rating because he hates me and there is officially nothing I can do about it.

I would just like a game that works.

You know, from release instead of having to wait for patchs to fix the game so we are able to play it..... dont think thats too much to ask for do you?

A ME that works, so players follow your instructions, dont make stupid decisions game after game and generally just play football like in real life. I get bored of seeing my defenders waiting for a ball to reach them while an attacker is closing them down from 40 yards for the attacker to claim the ball.

So to sum up, a working game would be nice.

Attribute correlation!!!!

First off all I think that there are 5 or 6 attributes that we don't need, for instance composure is quite the same thing as concentration.

The other thing is just that some attribute cant defer from another like corner/crossing, free kick/long shots, dribbling/technique...

I also think that it would be cool if a manager could determin how good a player is, again for instance, at taking penalties knowing he's finishing and composure (concentration) and some more. I have a bag more of these. If this sound remotely interesting to anyone from SI could you say something so I know that I am not just talking to myself.

I want more attributes like Heading -passing, Heading -shooting, We have different attributes for passing, finishing, crossing; why not this?

Also, Free kick taking -crossing and Free kick taking -shooting.

To Erik7; those attributes you talk about are different and required but this is not really the right place to discuss.

I want more attributes like Heading -passing, Heading -shooting, We have different attributes for passing, finishing, crossing; why not this?

Also, Free kick taking -crossing and Free kick taking -shooting.

To Erik7; those attributes you talk about are different and required but this is not really the right place to discuss.

I agree with you and would like to add the most important for me long passing, short passing as 2 attributes.

I think you kind-a misunderstood my post. I am certainly not saying that free kick is the same thing is long shots. Just saying that player cant have free kick 15 if long shots 5. I think I'll start a topic about this.

Could you please, please, pretty please stop 14-15 years old new/regens from turning up in the national U21-teams? Stop it, or prove to me it happens in real life. Almost all U21 national team in my current game have two or more 14-15 year old players. Insane!

Attribute correlation!!!!

First off all I think that there are 5 or 6 attributes that we don't need, for instance composure is quite the same thing as concentration.

The other thing is just that some attribute cant defer from another like corner/crossing, free kick/long shots, dribbling/technique...

I also think that it would be cool if a manager could determin how good a player is, again for instance, at taking penalties knowing he's finishing and composure (concentration) and some more. I have a bag more of these. If this sound remotely interesting to anyone from SI could you say something so I know that I am not just talking to myself.

No they're not they do totally different things in the match engine. Composure affects how well players finish when they are one on one with the GK. Concentration affects defensive players marking or positioning when their team has the ball up the other end of the field.

No they're not they do totally different things in the match engine. Composure affects how well players finish when they are one on one with the GK. Concentration affects defensive players marking or positioning when their team has the ball up the other end of the field.

I know what they are, I'm saying what they by mine opinion should they be.

You're trying to say something but you’re not succeeding.

:) Sorry:

I know what they are in the game, I'm saying what they, by mine opinion should be. Meaning in real life I think concentration and composure are about the same.

If I have my assistant manager controlling my reserves, I would like him to arrange friendlies for them too. I frequently load the French leagues, and they have massive squads at their clubs, but no reserve league. I have no desire to spend ages setting up 40 reserve friendlies, so I would like to be able to set my assistant manager to do this.

- The option to let my assistant do all the Opponent Instructions, which includes giving them when the opponent makes a substitution.

- The option to have a difference between direct free kick takers and indirect free kick takers.

:) Sorry:

I know what they are in the game, I'm saying what they, by mine opinion should be. Meaning in real life I think concentration and composure are about the same.

dont agree with this you can be composed without concentrating in my opinion

An idea I had for the editor - may have been said already.

The ability to import from and export to Excel would be handy. I'm yet to play a game of FM10 as I'm still editing.....

(I'm creating a ridiculously huge Australian league system - 14 divisions)

Would've loved to be able to populate the editor via the spreadsheet I created.

I would most definitely like to see the 2 billion pound limit on the clubs' value to be increased further, to lets say 1 trillion pounds. In this way, the board would not invest excessive money into the reserve fund. I would also like to see Football Manager 2011 becoming a 64-bit programme.

Given all the issues with 2010 I am waiting for the next patch (and possibly the 3rd) before starting anything new as its far too frustrating at the mo. Dont get me wrong 2010 is a superb game but for me aspects like losing player histories is too annoying.

As a result I have been re-visiting 2009 and thinking about improvements for 2011 (but will refrain from the obvious like making 2011 a 64 bit programme to allow it to make better use of memory, or fixing the other broken bits - i assume they are a given!)

my main bugbear with the game is still histories - mainly player but also club and manager and my suggestions (some repeated) are as follows:

1 - PLEASE add a filter to histories to allow the users to configue what appears. For player histories this is to determine what competitions appear in career history (my opinion is that Europe and International appearences count not just league others may disagree so this would please everyone) while for clubs this would allow you to remove U18 and Reserve success from it if you wanted.

Just a note on filters - can these have memory added to them. I always remove "Cancelled" transfers from the transfer centre but its never remembered between one session and the next. SI has made great leaps with the addition of the customising screens (bugs apart) so can this be addeded?

2 - Multiple tabs for info on player histories. The easiest solution is probably extending the screen customisation to this screen but I would like to see things like transfer amounts and competition names removed from the screen and a separate "Transfer History" screen (akin to the Bio and achievements pages) added. Something simple like a table i.e. Date, From, To, Amount (using the proper formatting for money) with totals at the bottom (which would feed into the bio page.) It would also be good to see another tab which summarised history so date from - to, Apps, Goals, Assists etc (again with the filter to include whatever comps the user wants not just league)

3 - ALL history elements to look (code) at the edit file rather than the master file. Currently some do and some dont. I.e. I have edited games where the actual history screen and the bio clearly look at the file I created however the Achievements screen still looks at the main files which makes for contradictory reading. Other elements in particular media elements also dont seem to read the edit file which again makes for contradictions.

4 - GROUPING Histories. I have asked for this for 4 versions because player histories, in a longer game, look terrible especially when young players go on multiple loans during their learning seasons. All I would like to see is grouping a'la Excel where only parent club stats are shown per season unless the user clicks on the cross for the year which extends all the lines hidden underneath.

Again SI have already moved towards making this possible with the "Order" column in the editor. Add in "Level" with 1 being the parent club and 2 being "Loan or B Team / Youth Team (for some nations i.e. spain)" and the grouping is possible.

Obviously the totals at the bottom would take into consideration everything but looking at it it would be so much clearer and user friendly and I would be more inclined to sending youngsters out on up to 3 months loans rather than only allowing season long loans.

More clarity in press conferences. I signed 8 players, and I got a asked if I would make any changes in my formation. I intend to keep the same basic formation, so I responded with 'no'. Now one of the new signings is unhappy with my comment - I now guess that the question was really about whether or not that specific player was going to feature in my plans (yes). There was no indication that this was about a player at all, the player profile was not displayed - just my own profile and the club logo.

My ideas -

1. Ability to set up a diciplinary model at the start of each season (thus avoiding "feel unfairly treated")

2. Breach of contract clause i.e miss training once = warning, miss a second time = 2 week fine, miss a third time = instant dismisal (or at least the option of)

3. One to one sessions with player after red cards in order to try and temper aggresion or arrange better training to avoid the same mistakes.

4. Ability for player/s to address you with concerns about management style. positive or negative.

The Premier League also counts the old first division in FM, in which case the Premier League's all-time top goalscorer is Jimmy Greaves. :thup:

But yes, I would like to see all-time stats lists. For clubs & nations you could have the all-time top 25 appearances/goalscorers. So you could break into these tables

For leagues you could probably extend it to more. And you could do the top socrers in each countries domestic leagues, as a lot of players score in several tiers as they move clubs and get promotion etc.

You could also do World Records, like the Hall of Fame for all-time top goalscorers and all-time top appearance makers in the history of the game.

Also, I would like a history page of all the clubs previous managers, and their Win/Draw/Loss and win % ratios, then it can be added to as the game goes on.

As you felt the need for a correction i feel i have to correct you, IF the first division was included that indeed Jimmy Greaves would be known as the first divisions top scorer, the Premier Leagues top scorer is in fact Alan Shearer with 260 goals in the Premier League, i wasnt aware (from your statement) that Jimmy had actually played in the Premier League?

Isnt it fun pointing out mistakes.

Something that has annoyed me the game is that when taking over at another club during the season, the board don't adjust what they wish to achieve from the season. For example, I've recently taken the Derby job and was 22nd in the Championship in early December. It is now mid-Feb and I am 15th which leaves me looking fairly safe and as such I am proud of my work. However the board and fans are disappointed as we are not a top half team like expected by them before I took the job, which I find unfair and unrealistic.

What I am suggesting is that it be implemented into the game that the board would adjust their expectations in such situations to something like expecting you to easily avoid relegation and finish mid-table or similar.

Archived