Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

I was thinking maybe a tally or statistics sections on a players profile,team stats or league stats where each player is linked to another player for example. There could be a drop down menu where you can select two players to show the stats for when these two players play together. For example,striker/midlfield/defensive/winger and striker/attacking mid and defensive mid partnerships etc. I though this would be interesting to see so you can find your best combinations. Like finding the best strike partnerships around the globe(maybe a yearly award) or anything along these lines?what does people think about that sort of thing being introduced into FM 2008?

Also, this is a bit of a long shot but.....how abouts a personal bank/financial account for you,as the manager. Because at the moment i don't want nottingham Forest to be spending loads on my wages as my wage budget then decreases,so there is no incentive for us managers to gain loads of money. So,why not have a personal account where you can keep on earning money until it builds up. Does anyone have any ideas as to what this money could be used for,or should it only be there for a point scoring system(maybe make managers competitive to boast about how much they can learn within a 10 years management span?)or maybe the money could be used for a manager to invest or buy shares in clubs around the world?would you man utd fans be happy with your manager making investments in man city?im just rambling now but ive got loads of ideas like this just to increase the amount of 'new introductions' for the next fm.

Just another quick idea,for the managers money situation....if you watched dream team for the past few years you would have seen the manager/chairman of harchester united club together to buy monday bandele (some striker) using their own personal funds. Could this be done in fm2008-it could be one way of winning over your fans?or maybe paying a percentage of a players/staffs wages as your board won't sanction the wages they require?

Whats your opinion?

cheers

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My requests for FM 2008:

Match Engine:

- Abandon match when less than 7 players on pitch, it SHOULD be, even if it is really really rare. But when it happens, it will be like real game.

- Bring back match postponement on match day due to bad weather conditions (big rainfall = mud or lots of snow)

- Less stupidity of last defender who often try to head the ball when they are alone and fell over due to missing the ball = the attacker gets the ball and is one on one

News:

More news on group drawns of ie. Champions League or UEFA Cup like:

Group A has been touted as a group of death, where Manchester United and FC Barcelona were drawn alongside Werder Bremen and FC Porto. Clash between first two teams will be a revenge on last years semi-final, where Barcelona have won 3-1 afte rextra time.

Last years winner, Chelsea London has been drawn with Deportivo, FC Kobenhavn and Lokomotiv, which makes them an easy pretendents for qualifying, although in previous meeting on (DATE) Chelsea only drawn with Lokomotiv 0:0 away from home.

Some other big clashes are going to be played in groups E and G where Bayern vs Inter and Real Madrid vs Milan will be played respectively.

.... more to go

Not sure if this has been mentioned in another thread, cause theres nothing in this one.

Team morale idea. I was reading the news for Liverpool recently and it mentioned how they went go-karting mid week for team bonding. I thought to myself how cool is that. Then I thought how come I cant take my stupid team on excursions?

This would really help snapping the team out of their emo periods when you start to lose and drop down the table a little and no matter what you do the team is still in emo mode even if you climb up into the top 4 sometimes. Options to be able to take them on bonding trips would be great. Especially multiple options where some influence the team more then others. I mean if you say HEY TEAM TO THE BEACH!! But its like...3 degrees out, this obviously wont go down well. Or going for a BBQ at a park but the weather is raining. I dont know. I just want to take the ******* out somewhere. Let me take them to a curry restaurant. Risk food poisoning icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Rem-8:

More news on group drawns of ie. Champions League or UEFA Cup like:

Group A has been touted as a group of death, where Manchester United and FC Barcelona were drawn alongside Werder Bremen and FC Porto. Clash between first two teams will be a revenge on last years semi-final, where Barcelona have won 3-1 afte rextra time.

Last years winner, Chelsea London has been drawn with Deportivo, FC Kobenhavn and Lokomotiv, which makes them an easy pretendents for qualifying, although in previous meeting on (DATE) Chelsea only drawn with Lokomotiv 0:0 away from home.

Some other big clashes are going to be played in groups E and G where Bayern vs Inter and Real Madrid vs Milan will be played respectively.

that's really interesting icon14.gif

It would be interesting to have brawls on the park. Now, I'm not talking about each and every week we'll see a 22 man fight break out on the park, I'm talking more like a "once in a blue moon" occurance.

Anyone remember the manchester united vs arsenal brawl in '86 (i think that's the correct year - if I'm wrong and you know it, please correct me)

as well as the manchester united vs arsenal brawl in recent times, when all the arsenal players rounded on ruud vn. Or the one with the man united players ganging up on andy d'urso.

I know it's not about football, but it's about the passion of the game and the heat and the intensity of the moment. When the players just lose it and you have to pay the consequences.

*Coach mode: To do the game more realistic (most of teams in the world have coach and no manager). I mean, you can start contrated like coach (after you can review your contract) and the general manager of your club (or president) who sign players. You can say him what positions need to strong, if you need a key player or one reserve player, and the caracteristics that he must have. Suggest definite players too.

For example, Rafa Benítez in Valencia was a simply coach. Who signed players was the general manager, and when Rafa Benítez goes to Liverpool, he did it like manager. I think would be a good option, more realistic.

Of course, when you choose the first club, you can choose if you want start like manager or like coach... And after you can negotiate the contract, in your club or another clubs.

Sorry for my english.

1. I would like to see retiring games for the greatest players in the world (ex: Ronaldinho) with the manager of the last team that he played to pick world 16 stars to confront with the last team that the star has played (aka Barca for Ronaldinho if he retires there).

2. I want the divion to rise if 1 or 2 teams are having great succes in Europe (ex: I managed Steaua Bucharest in Romania and in 15 years I have won 1 Champions League and 1 Uefa Cup, also I have played quarter finals and semifinals more times than I thought ... Steaua's reputation has rised, but Divizion's reputation didn't rise so I can't buy great players ... not even good players ... only rusian, mediocre brasilians and good romanians).

Bottom words: I like to see in fm2008: retiring games for superstars and divizion reputation if more than 1 team is bashing with succes in Europe years after years.

Originally posted by panarama:

1. I would like to see retiring games for the greatest players in the world (ex: Ronaldinho) with the manager of the last team that he played to pick world 16 stars to confront with the last team that the star has played (aka Barca for Ronaldinho if he retires there).

2. I want the divion to rise if 1 or 2 teams are having great succes in Europe (ex: I managed Steaua Bucharest in Romania and in 15 years I have won 1 Champions League and 1 Uefa Cup, also I have played quarter finals and semifinals more times than I thought ... Steaua's reputation has rised, but Divizion's reputation didn't rise so I can't buy great players ... not even good players ... only rusian, mediocre brasilians and good romanians).

Bottom words: I like to see in fm2008: retiring games for superstars and divizion reputation if more than 1 team is bashing with succes in Europe years after years.

somebody from the SI team, please tell me if point 2 is possible?

Scouting etc:

The scouting pre-FM7 was poor not just because of the rudimentary information, but also because scouts, like assistant managers and coaches, talked ********.

Nowadays, you get a large report, which is fine, but can you trust a word of it? After all, ******** is ********, whether its one line or one hundred.

Moving towards my suggestion...

I could be wrong, but I get the impression that the game has probabilities factored in to decide whether or not a coach (or whoever) will give you decent information or complete rubbish. EG: In FM6 (and for all we know in FM7) an assistant manager or coach report on a youth player would read something like “this player could become a class act†etc. You’d get all exited, load FM Scout to have a look and it turns out he’s got a CA of 5 and a PA of 8. You were given utter ********. Other times, however, they appear to be given decent information. Like rolling some dice, you ask a question and its mere chance whether you get crap or decent info’. The poor coach is more likely to talk rubbish (but not necessarily always) and vice versa. This is useless as you cannot possibly know if what they’ve said in correct or not.

I know they are trying to replicate reality, where coaches etc don’t always get things right, some are better than others and all that, but there is a world of difference in judging this in the real world and in a game. In a game I think we should be able to trust the information. The quality of the staff member concerned should manifest itself in the AMOUNT of information, not the likelihood of it being complete garbage. So, a poor assistant manager or coach might give one line indicating the youth player with CA/PA of 5/8 is unlikely to make it. A quality assistant manager/coach would provide a report similar to the new FM7 scouting system that goes into more detail. Either way, you would have SOME idea about that player without worrying if the staff member concerned said the opposite to real truth.

The same goes for physio reports. This stuff about “out between a week and six months†is laughable. Real life? A physio wouldn’t last 10 minutes in a job if he was that dopey. A bloke in the pub could give a more accurate time scale if you gave him the injury and when it happened. It’s fair enough for poorer physios to be a bit less sure of a diagnosis, but not to anything like that level. Instead, they should have a +/- accuracy of no more than 10% of the true time out and combine the “quality of staff factor†with the amount of information. For example, a good physio, in addition to providing accurate assessments of time out injured, could provide in-depth reports of the player’s condition. The poorer physio would give the usual one liner and a slightly less accurate time out prediction.

I’d also like to see more physio involvement, eg half time and in-game indications of the injury a player has picked up (at the moment its just a green square – what injury is it? Is it likely to get worse if he remains on the pitch or is it the sort of injury that can be run off?), reports about future injury proneness, repetitions of former injuries etc. Again, a good physio would provide extensive information, a bad one minimal information. But GOOD information, NOT left to chance whether it was utter rubbish.

Not sure if this belongs in here but didn't want to create another thread

Its an idea for a whole new game from SI which I would certainly be interested in.

How about a game where you are an owner/chairman instead of manager. At the start of the game you choose a team like on FM but you are basically "buying out" that club. You are in charge of hiring and firing and basically you would run the whole club.

I think it would be an interesting game to play

Neil

A few wishes regarding tactics:

- Feedback from players on tactical instructions. E.g. a smiley on the Player Instruction view indicating how happy or confident the player is to be able to perform the instructions given (e.g. using the same color-scheme as for indicating preferred positions), response perhaps tied to personality, morale, preferred moves etc

- Preview of the tactical instructions. E.g. a 2D-pitch view of how the formation looks in the Highlights, perhaps even with Wibble/Wobble-screens (without the ability to move around the player positions) and indications on where each player will look to pass/move (when with ball) or press/move (when without) - again using the same color-scheme as for indicating preferred positions. Maybe even give the opportunity to preview what effects different opponent formations has on your tactics.

- Auto-pausing during matches and ability to pre-define auto-pausing events. E.g. when a player gets below a certain percentage in health, at a particular time, when the opposition switches tactics, when the opposition switches to more attacking/defensive tactics, when the pass completion of a particular player gets really poor, when a player receives a very poor rating etc.

- Fewer steps on the sliders (perhaps even resurrection of the CM0102-style boxes). Even at just five steps (six with "None"-option) the sheer number of variables still leaves a staggering complexity.

- Make the feedback on team talks easier to access and not require an Assistant Manager (maybe even make Team Talks/Player Interactions a subscreen of its own, similar to Tactics or Training)

A few ideas i would like to see in future versions of FM.

1. A table of the most goals scored by players in the champions league history. Not seasonal (we have that, but overall) Example in reality Raul, Del Piero and Van nistelrooy are near 50 goals scored.

2. Records that we can try to beat, i.e. longest unbeaten run in europe, domestic leagues etc. Most games without conceeding, most games individual player has scored in most consecutive games. (based on current records i.e. milan's 56 games unbeaten in serie a in the early 1990's).

3. A seasonal top ten of the best players i.e. goalies/defenders/midfielders and yearly worlds best youngsters. (very useful once you get to 2015 as most real life players have retired and lots of regens).

Could be like "World soccer's top ten bright young players to look out for are...."

4. More media pressure if you are involved in relegation/promotion/championship battle.

5. All AI squad have a realisitic squad balance. Example some teams after a few years end up with 7 strikers and 1 goalie.

6. Big reputation players who hardly play all season kicking up more of a fuss if they are not getting matches. Example. Ronaldo at madrid in FM2007 hardly plays any games, but doesnt say anything about it. That would not happen in real life.

7. Fix the bug whereby if you go unbeaten for 9 or ten games, then its very likely you'll lose the next game (been happening for a few versions now).

8. Sort the man marking out. Always messes up horribly when your central defenders man mark the opposition's two strikers. They make a sub, bring on a striker and one of your centre halfs ends up marking the left winger instead.

9. Whatever major league you play (even if you have other leagues in backgrounds) teams from your league end up getting to the final/semi finals of the champions league every season, well 9/10 times anyway. That needs sorting out.

10. Have Media stories/pressure unique to each teams history i.e. liverpools faiure to win the league since 1990. Madrid's obsession with the champions league and winning european cup number 10. Newcastle's failure to win a trophy since 1950's etc.

11. A text based highlights package/summary for the weeks games played in your league. The big shocks/winning runs etc. Just a few paragraphs. Same could be done for european football.

12. Maybe in the future, when you ask a scout to check on a player you can have an option for them to create you a video summary of that players skills/weaknesses (clips taken from the match engine).

13. The same could be done for "your next opposition". A video that shows the strengths and weaknesses of the next team you are about to face.

14. Recommendations from your players to sign a player that they have just played against and has impressed them, be it at club or international level.

I'll post this proposition here, too.

We all know that the football world is divided into two major league schedules: there's one running from the fall to the next spring and one running from spring to the next fall. Most of the leagues follow the first option, and so also most of the leagues present in the Football Manager games. This presents one problem to us players who like to simulate the football world as realistically as possible. (What I mean with this is that the starting point of the game should be as realistic as possible, since when the game progresses it no longer follows the real world.)

Since most of the versions of FM are released before any of the spring-to-fall leagues have ended, there are no problems in the initial release versions. But since a data update is usually released some time after the initial release, most, if not all, of these leagues have ended for that season and their histories (competition, club, player/staff) have been entered into the database. Also real life promotions/relegations have been taken into account. This means that the updated database is up-to-date with the real life situation at the end of the calendar year (or close enough). Therefore, it is no longer up-to-date with the situation when the game starts in the previous summer. I, and many more I would suspect, always start the game from a date in the summer of the release year, even if I plan on managing a team from a spring-to-fall league. This then means that with an updated database I would have after the first (half) season duplicate histories in the game. And of course, would have played with the wrong teams in the divisions in the first place.

Previously, I've always either not installed the data update at all or if I have then manually corrected all these things in the updated database. I would very much like to use an updated database, because it features so many good things like the removal of duplicate players/staff, corrected player/staff information and so on. But at the same time, it is very tedious work to have to check every spring-to-fall league's teams and remove their latest season's histories and correct the promoted/relegated teams back to the previous season situation.

Finally I get to the point and the actual proposition after this rather long background elaboration. I've finally come up with an idea on how to fix this so that everybody would be happy (except maybe the coders). What if there was a possibility to choose which season's histories/starting teams promotion/relegationwize you would want in a new game? There could be a tick box during the creation of a new game which would tell whether the game should use the latest histories/teams in these spring-to-fall leagues (ticked) or not (unticked). Then there would have to be something in the database entries that the game would check if that tick box is ticked. This would mean that all history entries for the latest season would have its own tick box to make the database understand that this season entry is optional (i.e. if the db is ticked then the entry is used, if not then not). The only problem left is how to deal with the promotions/relegations in the database. I have not yet figured an easy solution for that using just the database. Maybe the simplest option would be an .edt file style solution. That way the database wouldn't have to be changed in that regard at all, but there would only be another .edt file to be used for that. If these were to be implemented into the database and the game code, us realist-till-I-die players would have the option to choose to use the latest database but still preserve the real life situation at game start. Not to mention save our time on having to edit the database ourselves.

How does this sound, SI? Is it doable? Or is just too much work for a tiny group of players' benefit?

It is not a huge issue, but it is very very annoying nonetheless:

Turkish Super League team Fenerbahce has 6 foreign players in its team at the beginning of 2006-2007 season. Also, they have 1 foreign player out on loan until the end of the season. Since the limit is 6 foreign players in the Turkish League, foreign players contracts cannot be renewed throughout the 2006-2007 season. This becomes especially annoying since the best player of Fenerbahce, Alex de Souza, has less than one year left on his contract and of course gets snatched by another team if you do not renew the contract as soon as possible. So due to the bug of the game seeing the loaned player as a member of the team, you either have to release one of the foreigners at the beginning of the season (which also sucks because 4 out of 6 foreigners are new signings and they are all very promising) which cannot be the player out on loan who is a 19 year old worthless sod, or you have to bear with losing the star of your team.

All the Fenerbahce fans out there would be very glad if this issue could be addressed in the patch also.

Thanks

Guest Necrotus

Just one thing. Join forces with Konami and Pro Evolution Soccer to create the ULTIMATE FOOTBALL MANAGER GAME. You have the BEST manager game , they have the BEST 3d engine perfect marriage. Since you already provide them with the stats...

Originally posted by Ritari:

I'll post this proposition here, too.

We all know that the football world is divided into two major league schedules: there's one running from the fall to the next spring and one running from spring to the next fall. ....................

You can always choose to download and install the "Patch with No Data" version. So your data will be intact as of orginal installtion, but bugs will be fixed.

Keep up the good work, every year better and better. Just a few ideas.

1, Instead of being told how many scouts, coaches etc. You have indivdual wage budget. Example 3k for coaches, 2k for scouts and £500 for physio, [dependant on team of course].

2, With the attribute stats, I would like to see them in 1-100 rather than 1-20. because i know they are calculated like that. This would help with monitoring effects of training. CM have this as an option, so maybe we could.

3, I think training facilities should be viewed as a percentage. so for example Bedford 4% and then Arsenal 94%. Then we could upgrade facilities manually. e.g. 1-5% £1k each increase then, 95-100% £25k each increase but no club would stay at 100% because due to wear and tear and modern ideas, it would drop over seasons. Sorry if a bit vague.

4, Please keep skins as they are its a good balance. I don't want valuable memory taken up with pretty effects, leave that for ps2 and 360 formats.

Thank you.

One thing I would really love to see is the ability to set relationship between people. Like Son of.... or brother of...

Why? because for example: I played the dutch league (I'm dutch) and When PSV played Feyenoord the news papers would sometimes report on the coaches comments. PSV is managed by Ronald koeman and his brother manages Feyenoord. You'd get the following in the papers: Koeman thinks highly of Koeman.

It would look better if the game recognizes that they're brothers and then it could be: Koeman thinks highly of his little/older brother.

The idea about the brothers and sons is a great idea as is the idea to talked retired players out of retirement in the case of Hedman at Chelsea.

What I would love to see in the next Football Manager is even more media involvement, like the certain members of the press requesting interview and asking a serious of questions to the manager. Plus the manager can chose to bring some players of his squard (as recommended by his PR Officer) to talk with the press. Be ask those awkward leading questions the press asks.

And there are different viewpoints and bias in the media, then have different newspaper headlines to show this.

Another idea is to have the chance to please the fans by listening to their ideas over signing and style of play. By pleasing the supporters the crowds will go up, and any media call ins (another idea) will show support for the manager. While misthreatment of supporters see them protesting outside the ground, booing, calls for the manager's head on the phone-ins.

Another idea to to add to your fav and hated personal and be asked questions by them. For example, Martin O'Neil becames my fav personal and I become his and he asks me for advice: Should I Sell Angel, and bring Vassel back to Aston Villa? Should I Go For The England Job? etc. Same with the players asking you for advice eg Neil Lennon asking me, Celtic manager, if he should play for Northern Ireland again? Or Robert Snograss asking me as a friend if he should join Barca, Roma, Chelsea or stay with Livingston?

one thing a co-worker came up with was having your favorite ass-manager and taking him with you to another team.

Also, I'd love to see the ability to inform the current club you're leaving at the end of the season or contract and that other teams will offer you contracts to join them after you quit....thus not right away.

This could be used both ways. If you're doing well and had good succes they'll be happy for you if you move to a bigger club and by telling in time they can find a replacement.

But when things are going bad, they can kick you out sooner to start working with the new manager sooner.

also love to see more in-dept team interaction. Congratulate player on his b-day. Talk to him about differences etc.

is it legal to add reserve leagues even though they dont exist. having reserve leagues is really useful seeing as all teams have some sort of b team - be it a u-? team or something else. this would really be useful.

also the option to watch players in training. numbers dont always tell the whole truth so the option of seeing gareth bale practising free kicks and theo walcott practising one-on-ones with lehmann. this is to see if they are as good as in reality because reality will affect ones interpretation of numbers.

more detailed team talks towards players;

Negative

<LI>You're missing to many chances, hit the target!

<LI>You're being a bit greedy with the ball, play with your team mates!

<LI>Yellow card... please be cautious of your tackles!

<LI>I expected more from you!

Positive

<LI>Brilliant goal, well done!

<LI>Great skill, you're outrunning their defence!

<LI>If necessary, dive in their box!

p.s

When making subs... you normally tend to talk to the player running out, telling him what to do etc, i think you should be able to do that too. aswell as a player coming off, telling him why you're taking him off etc.

Training:

Aside normal training, It would be great if we could give specific recommendations to each player so that he can work harder in some aspects of training.

The idea would be to have one or two areas that you could tell each player to improve. Let's say i have two players who are good at free kicks. I would give them instructions to work on that, obviously hoping that they can improve their stats on that area, specially if having a good coach in set pieces. Same goes for finishing in strikers, strength for a player with low physical attributes and so on. Imagine a winger, I would be interested on him improving, for example, crosses and pace or crosses and dribbling, depending on is stats.

It seems to me we need to have way too many coaches in order to get the 5 star training ranks. That doesn’t reflect reality at all. A world class coach in physical training should get the 5 stars if only selected for strength and aerobics. Of course, if selected for 5 or 6 schedules, then he would loose capacity. Same goes for technique and all the others.

So in the end you would need a coach for physical, another one for goalkeeping and two or three for the other aspects of training. Obviously you’ll have to choose carefully in order for them to have the specific abilities that can cover all training areas.

On the other hand:

I think stars from coaches should sum, although not in a linear way. What I mean is if you have a 3 star ranked coach at finishing and another one with 2, if you put them into finishing training you wouldn’t get 5 stars. But if both were 3 stars (or maybe they would sum 7) then you’ll get 5 stars in that coaching area.

My idea is due to the fact that coach attributes evolve, but if they just train one area (and that’s the only way to get 5 stars) then don’t get better in other areas of training, which is logical because they are not training them.

So, the sum of stars, in a fair combination similar to the ones implemented on attributes to a coach have 5 star (example: offensive 20 & tactic 10 or offensive 19 % & tactic 14 or offensive 18 & tactic 18 gets you 5 stars offensive training) will add more coherency to training system.

Interaction:

Sure you can praise your player after the game, but i would like a feature where you could praise or be critical about your team in general, eventually trough the Media and not just to your players after the game.

I would also enjoy a feature where you could tell other kind of things to your players, for instance that he should work harder on training, eventually after getting some feed back from my assman.

Tactics:

You can decide who is going to take left and right free kicks, but not central ones. Here the idea would be to have a screen divided in squares where you could drag players names just the same as you do in penalties or corners. Lets say a frontal free kick a little to the left side of the box. If i play Real Madrid my first option would be Beckam. If the free kick is frontal but to the right side maybe i choose Reyes, in order to get advantage of the left foot. If it's frontal but far away, i would tell Roberto Carlos to take the free kick.

One thing that would be very useful, since individual instructions are important, would be the possibility to set individual instructions to players in their profile and then tactics screen will assume it. I mean instead of changing instructions every time your first team player is inured, the tactic screen will automatically assume the other player instructions, which you have set early in the game.

Just imagine a right midfielder. The first team player is pacey so he would do forward runs. But the substitute isn’t so better to tell him to cross the ball from ¾ . Well instead of setting this every time, each player would have a (changeable) set of instructions for every time he is picked up to first squad.

Transfers:

We can’t set transfers for the end of the season anymore?

Other:

In your team screen you get information about the players being unhappy, in transfer list, if there’s another club interested and so on. But you just get one information at the time. For more you have to go to players profile. My idea would be to have more than one column each one with a kind of relevant info.

These are some ideas that i think would make a contribute to the game.

Guest Dunleavy

Love the game, just started with 05 and was blown away, ofcourse now i'm spoiled

06 is an improvment, and too many things i like about the game to list, but here some things to make it even better for the future

key * = importance

minor stuff to reduce the clicks

1*. Get ride of the .25 in 16.25 mill

-for me at 5 mill jump to .5 at a time...at 10 mill jump 1 mill at a time

2*. A fail safe isnt needed for scouting decision so drop the "are you sure you want to scout"

-might as well get rid of the bidding fail safe too (can always withdraw if mistake)

3*. i'm having senior players, granted ones that are not playing much, that are being moved to the resereve squad which out my knowledge

4****. i'm clicking that dam "continue" button about a thousand times an hour, this is a must be reduced situation...my suggestions

4a. in 06 they had that "...2...1...processing" thing that kept a certain flow to it...is that in 07?

4b. during season would like option that one click of "continue" (or new easy access button) takes you directly to next game day

-nothing but media and injuries happens in the off days anyway, media can be done pre-game, and i always leave to phyiso anyway

minor game enhancements

5**. there's ALOT of junk mail in my email, what about putting all minor news into newspaper format instead of email format

-i.e. each day u get email'd a newspaper...click it to view it you get all signings under 5mill...non-star player injuries...etc...

6****. for a sim game the histortical stats and records are REALLY REALLY poor...where the club's top 10 goals scores...apreances leader etc...

-what about my stats...record in away games...record vs other mangers

7**. Allow searches in leagues within countries (i.e. just Serie B players)

7a. Allow searches based on a players reputation

8*. i've seen players at big clubs worth 800k sold for 8k, but why are they rated at 800k in the first place?

-rubbish players worth 20k shouldnt be rated at 500k just b/c they train at a big club

--who said a player under 35's vaule couldnt drop, a once promising 500k player who does nothing with the big boys should see his est. vaule drop

9****. Players should take their player status FAR more seriously, which will cause us to take it more seriously

-can only name 11 players as first team'ers...and they will expected to play (how many fair for roataion?)

--drop a player down he may request transfer

---sign a player for rotation and dont play him expect problems

9a. follow this path and it will lead to players actually having personalities that you have to manage

Game Day

10****. i would like to see a major upgrad to the game day expereince by 09, to be honest i really dont care for the present one

10a. i cant tell what the hell is going on on the screen. is the ball in the air or on the ground, half time time dam if i know (rare on on there)

-how bout a shadow for the ball

10b. what about late fitness test? bring that into game

11****. i cant get my players to do what i want AT ALL...better just stop myself there on this one before i rant

12*. in 07 i noticed several games' extra time ending to the second including one game with the ball in play within the 6 yard box of a tie game

-i know hate the words grazed and skimmed

13***. New look...i want to be able and view it (full screen) vertically not horizontally

-forget the managers box side angle, give me the (full screen) behind the goal angle option (see my formation much better)

--why stop there...how bout an over head view option as well

Hope you guys like my ideas, these are just a few of the one's i liked from you...

14**. ass men able to do more, be able to delegate specific tasks to them

15**. send a scout out to find players on his own

16**. forget asking players who they like, have them tell you

-

Just changed somethings

Training:

1) Aside normal training, It would be great if we could give specific recommendations to each player so that he can work harder in some aspects of training.

This could easily be done if in players profile training screen (general) would be possible to make changes just to affect that particular player and not the whole schedule, affecting others players as well.

So you may have a plan for midfielders, but you know this one guy will take all the corners and free kicks. You could just raise his set pieces schedule. He will still training midfielder schedule, but with slight differences from the other team mates, in this example improving set pieces abilities.

This will became possible setting individual training schedules without setting one schedule for each player, probably named after him. And will reflect reality since any midfielder has same training as team mates but some of them do train free kicks apart, sometimes afterhours.

2) It seems to me we need to have way too many coaches in order to get the 5 star training ranks. That doesn’t reflect reality at all. A world class coach in physical training should get the 5 stars if only selected for strength and aerobics. Of course, if selected for 5 or 6 schedules, then he would loose capacity. Same goes for technique and all the others.

So in the end you would need a coach for physical, another one for goalkeeping and two or three for the other aspects of training. Obviously you’ll have to choose carefully in order for them to have the specific abilities that can cover all training areas.

3) On the other hand:

I think stars from coaches should sum, although not in a linear way. What I mean is if you have a 3 star ranked coach at finishing and another one with 2, if you put them into finishing training you wouldn’t get 5 stars. But if both were 3 stars (or maybe they would sum 7) then you’ll get 5 stars in that coaching area.

My idea is due to the fact that coach attributes evolve, but if they just train one area (and that’s the only way to get 5 stars) then don’t get better in other areas of training, which is logical because they are not training them.

So, the sum of stars, in a fair combination similar to the ones implemented on attributes to a coach have 5 star (example: offensive 20 & tactic 10 or offensive 19 % & tactic 14 or offensive 18 & tactic 18 gets you 5 stars offensive training) will add more coherency to training system.

Interaction:

1) Sure you can praise your player after the game, but i would like a feature where you could praise or be critical about your team in general, eventually trough the Media and not just to your players after the game. I don’t mean just being reactive, but also proactive, as you do individually to players.

The press will came sometimes and ask for it, just the way it happens with individual performances. But you could also have the initiative.

2) I would also enjoy a feature where you could tell other kind of things to your players, for instance that he should work harder on training, eventually after getting some feed back from my assman. Or for example pressing a striker who’s going on a non scoring series for many games. Maybe he could start scoring…or not.

Tactics:

1) You can decide who is going to take left and right free kicks, but not central ones. Here the idea would be to have a screen divided in squares where you could drag players names just the same as you do in penalties or corners. Lets say a frontal free kick a little to the left side of the box. If i play Real Madrid my first option would be Beckam. If the free kick is frontal but to the right side maybe i choose Reyes, in order to get advantage of the left foot. If it's frontal but far away, i would tell Roberto Carlos to take the free kick.

2) One thing that would be very useful, since individual instructions are important, would be the possibility to set individual instructions to players in their profile and then tactics screen will assume it. I mean instead of changing instructions every time your first team player is injured, the tactic screen will automatically assume the other player instructions, which you have set early in the game.

Just imagine a right midfielder. The first team player is pacey so he would do forward runs. But the substitute isn’t. In this case, better to tell him to cross the ball from ¾ . Well instead of setting this every time, each player would have a (changeable) set of instructions that will be assumed every time he is picked up to play.

Transfers:

We can’t set transfers for the end of the season anymore?

Other:

In your team screen you get information about the players being unhappy, in transfer list, if there’s another club interested and so on. But you just get one information at the time. For more you have to go to players profile. My idea would be to have more than one column each one with a kind of relevant info.

These are some ideas that i think would make a contribute to the game.

I like FIFA Manager idea this year where you can negotiate yearly objectives. For example, if you want to get hefty sum of transfer kitty, you should be contending for the league title or win any cup. If you could care less how much money you can spend, you can always settle for mid-table without being sacked. On top of that, you can negotiate for more salary but in the expense of being sacked if you dont perform.

But then, manager salary in the game is useless.

Guest Haithem5000

It would be nice to get more playable leagues in Africa... It's not a bad continent even if it has less money than the European leagues... I mean, even asia has more playable leagues than africa.

I would love to have at least Tunisia and Egypt playable. Maybe Ivory Coast too...

1. A "sim mode" replacing the current "go on holiday", whereby you could set a wider range of choices (eg tactics home and away, depth charts for each position) and let the game sim out stretches of time as you wish. My biggest complaint about the game is just the slow pace, the amount of time it takes to get through a season (on a PC with a dual processor and 1 gig of RAM). But there's a lack of control with the current "go on holiday" and even the terminology of a "holiday" in the middle of a season is obviously unrealistic.

2. Much more varied and better writing throughout the game -- eg media reports, team talks, coach and scout reports, match text commentary. I can barely play the game anymore for all the repetition of phrases, especially when they're poorly written in the first place (#1 pet peeve of the moment: teams said to have "stumbled" or "fallen short" after a draw, even if it's away to a bigger club).

3. More realistic negotiations in transfer talks and contract talks. Should be more back-and-forth.

4. More AI club offers for available loanees and free-transfer players.

5. Better match engine.

6. Coach-initiated reports on young reserves and under-18s when they're making good progress.

7. An end to England's domination of international football. (Always happens in my games... is it because I always manage in England?)

8. Better, clearer information from asst-managers, coaches and scouts. For instance, Player X on the senior team is a "decent member of our squad," but so is Player Y who is just a 16-year-old on the under-18s. What are you supposed to get from that? Sure, the staff may be wrong and the accuracy should be based on their evaluation abilities, but whatever they have to say needs to actually make sense.

9. Include a global number of each player's attributes on the profile screen (ie, the total of all his attributes added together). The info's there anyway, this would just provide a way to do a quick check on a player's overall ability for times you're not in the mood to micro-analyse. And then make his overall progress check-able through one of those attribute/training-progress graphs.

10. Give us "don't show this message again" options for confirmation pop-ups, at least some of them. Eg the one that repetitively explains that sending a flu-ridden player home reduces flu exposure to the rest of the squad. Tedious and it's not a big decision anyway.

11. Speaking of player ailment decisions, in some cases you get a choice between a specialist and the physios (I think) where there's absolutely no reason not to choose the specialist -- the time out is shorter and there's no other trade-off. Either send him to the specialist automatically, or make money the trade-off ("send the player to a specialist at a cost of X thousand?")

12. More sensible attendance figures. I'm currently managing Crewe, we're only 2 or 3 spots below where we were last year in the same division, yet attendance is down about 25%. Not realistic and this can slaughter smaller clubs financially.

13. Keep injured players out of the monthly training reports, their rise or fall is the result of their injury. Could merge this with #6 above -- generally expanding and improving reports on your players.

14. Manager options: "automatically use time-wasting tactics starting from XX minute (which you can set) when your side is ahead."

PS I hope someone from SI is actually reading this thread regularly. Otherwise I fear it's all of us venting and not even looking at each other's posts.

Widescreen skin:

A widescreen skin (that is special tailored for 1600x1000 screens that are popular on new laptops)

The skin could have the new spider attribute on the same screen as the attributes itself.

And a ton of extra information ready on-hand than you'll have to wade through all these extra screens to get your informations.

Open up skins:

I guess it's just to let the engine behind expose all these extra information anywhere so the skin community could create new great skins with new features and more information.

Would be great if SI released a skin kit for modders to be able to understand and catch up with the skin .xml's and what your could do there. A script language could be integrated into the .xml skins itself giving more power to the skin modders.

Something very simple that CM 01/02 had that I miss.

When you were searching for a player by filtering attributes, you used to be able to tell it to match say 7 out of the 8 you set. In recent games it has to match all of them, and you can't tell it to do that anymore.

I'd like that back.

Oh and another that I just thought of which would come in handy.

The ability to "tag" players in your first team squad for use in the next reserve fixture.

That way you don't need to mess about with moving them to and from the reserves, and you can just give them a reserve game every now and again to keep them sharp.

I think at some stage, there should be some introduction to the game of a managers private life. Like houses, cars etc.

Also with regards to tapping up players, it is done to an extent in FM07 but i feel this could be developed more.

Intorducing players going to charity events like visiting hospital around Xmas time, and golf tournaments to raise the profile of clubs and players etc.

Just a few minor tweeks IMO.

Originally posted by pl6pilgrim:

I think at some stage, there should be some introduction to the game of a managers private life. Like houses, cars etc.

Also with regards to tapping up players, it is done to an extent in FM07 but i feel this could be developed more.

Intorducing players going to charity events like visiting hospital around Xmas time, and golf tournaments to raise the profile of clubs and players etc.

Please tell me you are joking. Football Manager means your are in charge of the club, that is where the fun is, how would buying a house add to the excitment?

As for sending players to charity events, WTF? It is their agents who mostly organise these things IRL and why would you want to anyway?

Posted 24 November 2006 00:56 quote:

Posted 24 November 2006 00:56 quote:

Please tell me you are joking. Football Manager means your are in charge of the club, that is where the fun is, how would buying a house add to the excitment?

As for sending players to charity events, WTF? It is their agents who mostly organise these things IRL and why would you want to anyway?

If it only would have an effect in real life...

I hope SI just focus on the game it self, meaning on beeing a manager.

Early days for 07 yet so I'm not compiling a wish list until I fully understand whats missing from 07.

What I will say though is, I can't understand how many people on this forum (usually new arrivals) miss the point of the game. Its not a console game, its not a game that can be played for an hour (usually) at a time. I really hope all the calls for the graphical enhancements are left alone for 08, I think THE most important things in the game are:

1) Match Engine

2) Transfer Market

3) Player/Staff Interaction

and thats it.

I think 07 is suffering growing pains, its a great game, dont get me wrong, but I fail to understand why the 07 match engine should be a step back from the patched 06 one? Perhaps SI have been taking thier eye off the ball, so to speak, by concentrating on "look and feel" too much and the 3 aspects I've mentioned have been affected.

I would like the majority of development/testing for 08 to be concentrated on the 3 things I've mentioned above, because if they work well, everything else doesnt really matter.

Scott M

Archived