Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BASIC CLASSIC VIEW MODE - FULL SCREEN 2D CLASSIC

This is what we need for FM10: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=124434

Full screen basic 2D classic.

C.

Sorry to say, but i'm really getting annoyed, when, every post that i read coming from your name has something to do with dots and 2d. We know you like 2d and such, but it isn't neccesary to keep us informed with that almost everytime you post, stick to your thread.

Suggestions for improvements that haven't been named before (maybe):

Better player manager interaction

Ask a player what's wrong, how he likes the club, his new home etc.

Stats

Why are there players who have 18/19/20 on penalty's, and a very low score on pressure handling? Isn't a penaltyshooting merely a mental problem? because ANY professional player can hit a ball right, he just needs to clear out his thoughts about possibly missing the shot and then he will succeed in real life. So I don't see how the game can judge a player when there is far too little interference by the mental aspect of the penalty shootout, and the overall gameplay.

Pressure Handling & Management

This, in real life is one of the most important aspects of today's football. When a player has got it right in the head, he's got it right with his feet.

Sure it's in the game but it's far too limited this way. There should be options listed for hiring a psychologist for when a player has serious problems settling in the area or handling pressure in general. When a player improves mentally, he is more likely to become improve his game a lot faster, and would likely be more confident, consistent, and less error prone.

There should also be a stat for intimidation... there are a lot of scared players who are afraid they will get a hammering from a towering tattooed defender.

Various:

- Player mariages day off

- Player hungover, suspend him for unprofessional behaviour

- Player overweight issues

- More starting skins

- Rolling manual save

- Match engine: i've never ever seen players acting so incredibly stupid and winning the game 4-0. Passes that no one would pass, like the backpass from the penalty area.... :confused:

- Stop asking for my star player! NO is NO, i don't want to be bugged everytime a team is interested!

- Better integration of Mass controls: i find the ability to control large groups of players in opposition instructions, or selection screen(put all to available for reserve squad) etc rather limited.

- Return of 'Move to first team for 1/2/4/8 weeks! Eh why was this option removed?

- Improvement of the 3d engine, the people who don't have a big pc can go play 2d.

- Regen improvement

- More player contract options & release clausules for coaches/scouts!

- Start your own transfer rumours to mislead other teams!

- and please, stop the wrong judgement at the match preview... a team in top form can do anything, even if they play against higher reputational teams.

- When a player has slight concerns when im not giving the team enough credit or worried by the lack of discipline, tell me exactly why!

- when your team is winning everything for 20 years, and you have one bad season, why do you get sacked? thanks fans! thanks board!

- when your team is about to win a lot of prizes, there still are players who would like moves to lower or equal or little higher rep clubs, why?

- try to give the game a less robotic feeling, its all so pre-set, you already know what's coming.

maybe i'll come up with some more.

What I'd like to see is a player during a match asking for permission for something.

My striker has scored two goals and we get a penalty. The guy isn't my regular penalty taker but I'd like him to have the opportunity to get his hat-trick and I'm sure he'd like the same.

At this point, I'd like to see the player ask me for permission to take the pen instead of the regular guy. We see it often enough in rl, guys fighting over the right to take a free kick or a penalty.

Just to make them a bit more realistic.

Okay, I want to see these "flaws" fixed in FM 10:

* Transfer AI: Man U and the other big teams still do not buy any players, or at least rarely do so. MLS-teams seems to free transfer and sign players at a random pattern, without any logic. And don´t get me started on the Villarreal vs Altidore-bug. Insane.

* Youth players and the AI: AI-controlled teams still free transfer players with good PA, or sell them for next to nothing. I have never EVER had a bid rejected because the other team thinks a players is something they want to keep for the future. Also, AI-controlled teams hardly use any of their talents, even if they do great in the reserves or when they are on loan.

* Newgens/regens: You must stop those horrible 14-16 year old new/regens from appearing in the national U19/U21 teams. They are unrealistic (or please show tell me the last time when nations like England, Spain and France had some five 16-year old players in their U21 team). Plus you know these little freaks nearly always have a PA of at least 150.

* Language: Seems to be messed up. I´ve seen players with dual nationality speak only one language, despite the fact they have spent several years, or even was born, in a country. I´ve also seen players who can speak French, english, and french (basic).

Also, AI-controlled teams hardly use any of their talents, even if they do great in the reserves or when they are on loan.

Example of this: In my current game, I am in the year 2011. Players like Jose Baxter, Rodrigo Possebon and John Bostock haven´t played one single game for the first team. Frederico Macheda and Rafael has one game each with Man U, and Kieran Gibbs has one game with Arsenal.

Weird, I am on the 1st January 2012, and Darren Gibson has played 7 games, Macheda has none, Rafael played 17 games for Man Utd in two seasons, then went to Tottenham where he is a first teamer, 74 games in 2 and a bit seasons, Baxter has no games, Possebon has played 11 games for United and John Bostock has played 1 game for Tottenham, and 3 games on loan at Championship Charlton.

As for Gibbs, he has 4 games for Arsenal.

Nothing major, but I suppose it is more than some, unless you are Macheda :D

I would like to buy FM in German shops again ;-)

There should be training camps. Every team visits training camps.

When you're a farm team, you should claim a clause, that your loan player plays a minimum of matches at the feeder club.

Training should be more detailed, for example there should be different training programs for different weekdays.

Something like a *scenario mode*, e.g. you take over a team and it says: you'll be fired if you can't prevent this team from relegation within 7 matches.

What about spending a part of your wage for the club, if the club gets into financial troubles? If you spend a part of your salary, your Loyality-value rises and the fans and your players do have more respect of your work.

Second teams like Bayern II etc should be made separate and more like affiliate clubs like the Spanish clubs have been.

Ability to offer your share in a co-owned player in Italy

Ability to offer a team co-ownership in a part-exchange deal.

testemonials. from when a player first plays a league game to ten years past that he should get the chance to play a testemonial att the end of the season, :D

e.g player x has been at the club 10 years and you now have the opption to offer the player a testemonial at the end of the season

First of all sorry for my english, hope this makes some sense.

In general I agree with almost all the recommendations here. The ones about more interaction between staff, directives, players and fans are a must.

The other one that I liked is the one about what you do with the money you get paid as a manager. I believe that if its implemented properly could be great. As an example of this, Manuel Pellegrini (Villareal coach) and Claudio Borghi (ex Independiente coach) were bidding few months ago to buy a little club in Chile to later develop players to sell. This addition would add a new dimension to the game, not a "manager" one but in my eyes a great addition.

Now going more in detail there are some elements that should be taken into account, maybe Im too picky with them but in any case I will give my shout :).... For example if you are managing AC Milan you should receive info about when to play certain players or not. Its well know that Milan have one, if not the best, performance centre in world football and that they reduce the injury risk by studying, according to their fitness, between which dates a player could get injured, stopping them from playing at those times.

Other one would be the importance of the architecture of the stadium and the fans, as is not the same to play in a "tranquil" stadium with "easy going fans" than playing away in the Ramon Calderon, in the cauldron of the Bombonera or Anfield.

Other thing would be to give certain "special abilities" to the coaches. With this I'm not talking if they are 1 or 7 stars, I'm talking about how certain coaches influence the way of playing of a player and a team. As an example I can call the famous Ricardo Moniz. Obviously he is a guy interested about developing the technique, quoting him : "In recent years I have uncovered certain aspects of ‘technique training’ for my vision and my experience working with the Coerver Method. The next time it will be fixed on the views and conversations that I've had with other trainer-coaches, who use the method as their framework" why I shouldnt suppose that the young players he trains wouldn't have a higher technical ability than the usual younger, or the ones that are trained by Pepijn Lijnders to be "extreme in their technical abilities" as he wants them to be, and as result of that the young players he trains would "try more tricks" than the usual.

Obviously this are too fine details but could be a nice addition for the game to see how certain coaches can change the way the team play and which abilities and moves a player develop better.

I would had liked to explain myself better but hopefully this will make some sense.

Cheers

Second teams like Bayern II etc should be made separate and more like affiliate clubs like the Spanish clubs have been.

Ability to offer your share in a co-owned player in Italy

Ability to offer a team co-ownership in a part-exchange deal.

love the idea of the seperate teams.. gives more room for individual matches, which brings me to another point:

another psychological effect on players as i mentioned before.

it's really important for players to react dissapointed when put back to the 2nd squad.

this should be more pointed out.

Also it's a must to bring back the ' move to ... squad for: 1/2//4/8 weeks'

For closing down i think there should be two bars on the same slider. The slider would represent the pitch and the player would close down when between the two sliders. This would make it easier to make forwards and wingers track back or close down the ball in opponent's half but not the entire pitch.

Six ideas for Team-Talks:

- Improve Team Talk Feedback

- Add "Motivation" to the Select Team Talk screen

- Add a "Special Team Talk Available" icon to the Select Team Talk screen

- Rename the "None" team talk

- Add a pop-up indicating in more detail what the team-talk means in context

- Don't provide any team-talk which is nonsensical in context

Discussed in more detail at:

Team-Talks: UI improvements?

contracts/transfers/loans:

* more options on contracts eg minimum release clause on last year of contract

* contract clauses to extend an existing contract for an additional year

* minimum release clauses for foreign leagues (or higher leagues)

* ai-clubs accepting/suggesting transfers with money for goals clauses or additional money when reaching international competitions and so on

*two-year loans

*more interaction with affiliated clubs, eg an option to ask what kind of player is needed, so i don't have to guess whether the player in question will make many apps during loan

scouting:

scouting is not effective enough i think, there are so many unrealistic and annoying things:

* when i send out a scout to england after half a year i expect him to have an oppinion on all star players and well known talents - maybe not a detailed report but at least a star rating.

* i want an option to scout a certain club, a detailed report on every player

* irl south america produces a lot of talents, not all of these hyped boys will become worldstars, but i want my scouts (even when they're scouting somewhere else in the world) to tell me that there is a talented player and advise me to send a scout

* i want scouting reports to improve in accuracy when a player is scouted several times, instead i always get the same reports and when i check via cheating-tool the pa-scouting is mostly inaccurate (or speaking honestly worthless). on the other hand scout reports a very good in terms of estimating profesionalism, big matches or injury-proneness, which is heavily unrealistic if i think of my scout sitting in the stadium and watching only one game.

* i want my assistant manager to provide undetailed scout reports of my opponent after a match (above mentioned star-rating)

tactics:

it would be very handy to have personal instructions for set pieces, not only for set-piece takers. for example i like to have my strikers swapping positions, but i can only asign special duties (challenge keeper, lurk outside area etc) to a position. so during 50% of my corners i have my oversonic midget challenging the keeper and my ten foot muscle-mountain lurking somewhere.

same with versatile defenders: for example a D RLC who is a right footed natural CB, i dont want him to try crosses from the left side. i wish there was an everything else overriding option to tell him not to cross the ball.

we also need special tactical moves. for example ml/mr aml/amr: it seems to me that the match engine assumes that all wide players have to run to the corner flag an try crosses. if i set my player to crosses: rarely, he then runs to the corner flag and seems to be completely lost. the player has got no plan b. that is where my tactical move comes in: it would be grat if i could tell him not to run to the corner flag but to cut inside earlier or try a diagonal pass. this would make the game better for teams with players like messi or ribery who play on the "wrong" side or just can not cross or for teams without a tall striker or just to try something different when being down by one and only ten minutes to go...

some tactical paterns that came to my mind:

tell a striker to provoke free-kicks and corners - not scoring. when i remember last ac milan champions league final, inzaghi was only on the pitch for this reason. his team played very defensive, some counter attacks by seedorf and kaka but most of the time milan had long balls to inzaghi, who didn't try to dribble through the defenders but to get fouled and to produce corner kicks.

handball-like passing around the ball just outside the opponent's penalty area and waiting for good ocasions for a through ball. like guardiola's barca

passes my players have to run onto (not only target man). like rijkaard's barca

pushing oponents' attacks on the side or into the center of the pitch (as a general tactical option, instead of every game opp. instruction which has to be renewed when a player is substituted)

433 striker positioning: when the ball is on the right side my SR drops slightly deeper and my SL moves up into a second SC position. in game the tactical positioning is way too static.

training:

i find it rediculous that i can only train certain groups of attributes. most obvious is ball control, which increases dribbling and heading. why isn't it possible to train heading only? an easy way to enhance the training section could be to be able to give every player one special attribute to work on along side his normal schedule.

in general it would be nice to have more feedback on attribute development, for example: message from your assistant manager: "players x, y and z have increased their bravery as they were the driving forces behind the great comback of your team in the last cup match..."

- players who want to leave my club because they want to play at a bigger club should really move to a bigger club and not to a club in my league that hasn't played an international match in years (of course it also has a lower reputation)

- players who want to leave the club should not suddenly "want to prove their worth to the team" after being transfer listed

- the left- and right-arrows at the top of every screen should take you to the next item in the list you are currently viewing.

for example: when i view the transfer list, i want to click on the first player and then go to the next player in the list and not the next player in the first player's club.

- the market value calculation seems to have some flaws. one of my young players played a whole season and did well, improved but he is still valued only 40,000€

- in my first season the goal is "title challenge", in the second season after having reinforced the team the goal is only "international qualification". this has happened to me at several clubs.

- the confidence area needs to be improved: the fans are disappointed at my youth signings for 10,000€ although they will be top-players in a few years. the fans are ecstatic about high results in friendly matches and these matches are always mentioned in the Board Confidence Update.

- The AI-clubs should not let go of their top youth talents. Or at least they should ask for a decent transfer fee.

- more interaction with affiliated clubs: you should be able to propose not needed players to your affiliated clubs, or advise them a talent youth you just scouted that is not good enough for you. in return they'd tell you of players they have scouted but that would not want to join their club.

In the Team Tactics screen you can check specific player attridute details pre match, eg the list of 1-11 when showing "Long Shots" for all a number appears next to the selected option relating to the players Long shot ability (many other too like TTB, RWB etc). This saves time jumping between screens when tailoring instructions, however this only works away from a match. An in-match situation will not give you that data for comparison with the exception of set piece key attributes. Its a pain, can SI include the in match view option for FM10 please?

The option to completely hide attributes, so you never see them in a game. Already got the option for attribute masking, but I'd love an option to completely remove attributes, even for players in your whole squad. It's tough at times not to just reduce players to a bunch of numbers, I'd like to be able to have to decide on who I want to buy based on past performances, stats, scout reports only etc.

In other sports sims, sometimes the attribute numbers aren't on such a broad range as they are in FM (1-20). A 1-12 or 1-8 scale might be an alternative. Personally, I like the "stars" in the scouting report, a league-relative measure of the player's quality. It forces the manager to rely more on regular & detailed scouting, player personality & PPMs, and actual game performance & stats to make decisions.

Implement Button. I'd like to see an option that allows you implement your Assistant Manager's Feedback during a match. It would save you from having to flick between his feedback and the Opposition Instructions screen.

Useful & easy new feature building on the assistant feedback feature. I find the most common to be the "We would have better performance if we played so & so to their weaker foot." Maybe the simple option of MAKE RECOMMENDED CHANGES [YES] or [NO] for each of the assistant's suggestions. Take or leave each piece of advice with one-click convenience.

I want to be able to talk more with my players, individually. As it is now, its very static, and i have to go trough the press. Maybe i wanna say something like "you've been playing very good lately, keep it up, i know you can" or "im expecting more from you". Show me that you want to be a part of my first team the next game" etc, but instead i have to talk to a member of the press.

I've said in other posts that I think the tactics features of the game are too detailed and micro-managing, the player interaction, personality, and communication portion of the game is underdeveloped. Managers spend as much, or more, of their time working with players, talking with them, directing them, managing conflict or personality as they do micro-managing tactics. FM should reflect this.

At the start of the season, i would like to have a meeting with my team and go trough the expectations of the season, what type of football i would like for us to play, what i want to improve etc. For example: Im the new manager at Rochdale. I tell the players at the meeting that this year, we will play 4-3-3, with counter-attacking as our main focus. The players might react confused or pleased, and during the pre-season, i get reports from my ass-man on how the players are improving/or not during the training sessions. "Our three midfielders have trouble keeping their positions, but our wingers look really comfortable with this style. John Doe especially has been looking wery good these past two weeks."

This is another example of how player & staff management could be enhanced. The Board gives you expectations for the season and updates on how well you've been working to achieve those expectations... why not something similar for the team? Individual players? Staff?

I would like to have more time during the pre-season. As it is now, i start the game, and the next day we play Chelsea reserves away. I should have atleast two weeks before the players get back from their holidays.

Just a general "please" to this.

I've commented in this thread. This would be a nice, small addition to enhance one's personal experience with a career game. FML's user-created competitions could serve as a model.

Mentioned before, but the Arrange Friendlies option needs looking at. I'm tired of arranging a tour of England only to find they're all rejected because those clubs have games either side of my planned dates. The AI rejects it every time, so why do i have to request a Friendly everytime? There should be a pre-check built in: 'Doncaster Rovers are unlikely to agree to your Friendly Game request as they have a game 2 days later". Something simple like that would save constant annoyance from FM07 08 and 09

I agree with Swisso. Surely this is something that could be implemented.

The thing I hate about some smaller nations is that when they go into a big international tournament (e.g. The World Cup) If you have a smaller db, don't have retaintion of some nations, or if you don't use a DDT file then some of the smaller nations from Africa or Asia will have a bunch of grey players for the squad ... This could be implemented by putting an option in the start up screen next to the "retain players from nations:" and have a checkbox called "retain random generated players for national team". I could even see this option expanded to make other small nations manageable for nations with less than 150 players. Something like a "Make all nations manageable" or "Make the following nations manageable" and let the user select the nations (kinda like the retain players from nations option)

Part of the fun of a career game is international management, or at least watching the international football world play out over World Cups and continental competitions over the years. Sometimes in my career games, I like to wander from club to club, but have a long-term relationship with a national team; sometimes vice versa. Providing ample international opportunities would be great. Something like what Phantom1998 is suggesting makes that even easier.

I would like to be able to continue a saved game from FM 2009 in FM 2010. I don't know how difficult this would be to implement but i think it would be great for all those players that usually start a game and reach seasons like 2050 or so.

7. Improving Graphics

First of all, bring back the kits to the match screen. I don't care if they conflict with the 3d kits shown in the 3d match engine and I don't care if the kits I added are pink and the other ones are green. The easiest solution would simply be making them as separate identities and maybe adding an easy way of adding/changing colours, without any template editing, or coding. Until the 3d match engine will show everything crystal-clear, I am quite sure the lack of sponsors on the moving shirts wouldn't effect anyone. I am finding it really hard to understand the reason behind the inability to co-exist between a freaking image and something animated. Kits used to be an important part of our "community" and eventhough we still see artists around, SI basically made their work useles.

Tease our eyes a bit and improve the 3d match engine a bit. Some hate it by default, some say it's ugly. Well, I think it has lots of potential and it could well turn out into something magnificent. Add some stadium art and some simple supporters, maybe jumping around. Coding something like that is not hard at all and I am quite sure the requirements wouldn't be increased with a big amount. I would also like some more type of stadiums added. Currently we have 2. A big one and a small one. Adding legendary stadiums like the Camp Nou would add loads to the gaming experience, especially for people who actually care.

6. Spice to Multi-playing

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the current system, even though I rarely use it. I think it serves it's purpose, but there is so much unexploited potential.. How cool would be if my Napoli in 2014 could actually battle Cartman's 2010 Villareal? Maybe my 2015 Amkar against Ali's German national side? I know that there are some arguments against this, like FM knowledge being a process and not just the form of your players in one match, but I really think this could be done. With the current tactical system, you will be more successful if you tweak your tactics for every match and in every match. It's harder to win a single match, therefore this interactive multi-playing experience could actually work.

We could actually create tournaments for us, to test our skills and our teams. Our team is something we created, therefore it could be a nice test of our scouting and business skills. My team is better than yours would no longer be something which cannot be tested. On the other hand, real FM could also have a similar playing mod to FMLive, but until that product is on the market, I am sure we won't see that and we will need to pay for it. We can always dream though..

5. Recording System

We already have a topic about this, but this is really something I would love to see. Recording goals, matches is pretty damn hard these days and this is a real curse for lazy people like me, but people who actually want to show their achievements to others, in order to interact with other FM loving members. Not sure whether SI will ever do this, but it would add a new dimension to the community and would single-handedly revive the old and unpopular Goal of the Month/Week competitions. Imagine a goal being saved by one click and uploaded to youtube by another. Youtube would be filled with people from the scene and by becoming popular, we could actually advertise the game and our sites to others, who never been on an FM site.

SI could use this for comercial purposes too, but as once, someone who is now in Greece said, they are too stupid for it. Another thing I have been thinking about, related to this of course, is a possible ability to easily create a compilation, or a resume of your match. You press a button and your goals are shown automatically, without being forced to search for them manually. This, alongside the recording would yet again open up new mines for us to exploit. Rate my Match, Match of the Week or Show me Your last Match. Maybe a Match of the Day, FM style? Ha, I'm touching myself over this..

4. Pre-Season

Again, an interesting subject that has been debated here on LW. It has all started with a topic about pre-season tournaments.. They don't get enough attention and they are seriously neglected. At least in my opinion they are. Why can't I created the Perm version of the Amsterdam Tournament? I freaking want to! I would call it Cupa Perm and would invite all the best Eastern teams. Of course, in theory I could do this every year, but no one would give a damn about it. It would just be another pre-season tournament, created by a human manager, with no history and of course no interest from the media, therefore no interest for big teams. Something similar goes for tours. In real life MU or Real get loads of attention for going to China and we even know what did Ronaldo have for breakfast. In FM you just go. Play. Return.

Another thing related to pre-season is the lack of options regarding pre-season training. I don't create my own schedules, but I do have a few set out for some of my key players. I don't know much about training and I don't even know what does the "Assistant to handle training" option does. All I know is that I don't have a seperate schedule for pre-season and I think that would almost be as important as one for GK's. In real life we hear about teams visiting the mountains to gain stamina and similar things. What can we do on the other hand? Get off every player from the schedules they were assigned to, put them on the one created by us, called "Pre-Season". Wait 2 months. Add players back. I know what Caesar would do with his thumb now..

3. Interact here, Interact there, Interact everywhere!

A subject which is a broader than the previous ones, I think. I want more interaction. I want more interaction with players, with my boardroom, with other managers and with nosy journalists too. For example the press conferences are really bad the way they are. You get asked the same questions 4 times a month and sometimes you need to tell the journalists 3 times that you won't freaking answer that question! I would love more questions and a bigger spotlight on journalists. If you already met one of them, they will actually memorize you and know what will you answer and what will you just gently skip. If you have been rude with one of them, you could even read it in next day's newspaper. Now that would be cool..

Interacting with the board now. They say what can you do and you listen. They say you can't do anything, you don't do anything. This is another subject which was already discussed here on LW and I know that some of you don't agree, but I think it could work out quite well. You tell the board you need a new staff member, give reasons, then they give. You promise that rather than finishing 5th, you will get a podium and suddenly, they come more understanding. Other things would be like asking them to let you scout in more places. You show them the money, they praise your name and stop being cocks. Also, how cool would it be, if you could ask them for the requirements for a new stadium, for example? "When will you build me a new stadium?" "When you'll get 200mil in balance." "Ktxs"

2. Dynamic League Reputation

Something that many disagree with. Does not matter, I want it. Again, I am not here to discuss whether a country like Romania could became the biggest footballing nation in the World. Probably not in the next 50 years. Then again, a club like Steaua won't win the UCL either in real life. In the game it might. The thing I am questioning is the effect of a club's success to the reputation of the league and it's representation in FM. If in real life a Romanian club would win the UCL, wouldn't big names go there? Maybe not at first, but what if this team would actually start dominating World football and would bring in loads of money to the country, therefore other teams would become big too? I think SI are exaggerating a bit with all the precautions put into the game, to stop these nations becoming too big and I think I won't change my mind even if my theory gets no support from any of you too.

Of course, we can also consider that FM and SI are spot on with their idea. Why so strict then? The fact that when managing in small leagues, you will probably never be able to get the biggest stars, is something that puts many people off managing there. Everywhere we can see people managing in England, or in other top leagues, but we rarely see games from Hungary or Croatia for instance. Let's face it, people like winning and if SI gives a damn about the usage of these leagues, then something should definitely be done to help people manage great success in these countries. I am not saying that things should be made much easier, as they shouldn't. I just think that some brakes should be left a bit softer..

1. Revamp the Youth System

My biggest wish. Add more to our youth.. Youth development is not what it could be and I think it needs a serious revamp. I wouldn't want to talk about the way I feel about the current system, as I already did so in "Using Children: Bad?" , I just want to express some of my wishes regarding this aspect of the game.

First of all, youth academies are way too unused. In real life every respectable big club has a few of these in South America and in Africa. It gives you a status you know, a reputation. I think this should definitely be introduced to FM. One day the board would announce that they are building an academy in Costa Rica and next season you would get 2 decent Costa Ricans at your team. Then in Kuala Lumpur, etc.. This could also indicate the improvement of a club and for example, if you are a small-ish club at the beginning of the game, you get some money and build an academy in Brazil, you would already be considered as a World Class team. I am not expecting to be able to build these myself, I just want them to be more important in the economy of FM.

More youth teams and more youth leagues.. This is something we have recently discussed and to be honest, I really like the idea. Why shouldn't teams have more youth teams? U14, U15, all up to U19. Not sure whether this has some legal obstacles in front of it, but seeing 15 years old players in FM makes you think not. Even if you won't have teams for each of these age categories, why couldn't we have something like the trial day, but for youths. Every season, there is a weekend where youngsters play. Greyed out players at first, but the better ones could actually turn into real ones and if clubs have scouts sent there, they could actually get some of the good stuff. Something very related to this and to my 2nd wish, is a country arranging leagues like this, even though they have none at the start of the game. For example, Romania wants to start leagues like this in the near future. Why shouldn't they do it in FM too?

Copied it from here:

http://loswonderkids.com/community/topic/5392-7-things-a-humble-man-wants-from-si/

That's why the LW references, but wrote it myself :p

Wouldn't it add to the realism of the game if you could instruct your players to choose to play towards your own supporters in the first or second half (depending on what you prefer) after the coin toss, therefore slightly influencing your team's motivation?

When my team Feyenoord play at home for example, they always choose to play towards their own supporters in the second half, therefore having a small advantage during the second half.

Just a minor detail though. It's not the most important thing in the world.

I already opened a thread about this: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=3247892#post3247892

* Youth players and the AI: AI-controlled teams still free transfer players with good PA, or sell them for next to nothing. I have never EVER had a bid rejected because the other team thinks a players is something they want to keep for the future. Also, AI-controlled teams hardly use any of their talents, even if they do great in the reserves or when they are on loan.

...and now Everton give away a 170 PA Jose Baxter to Dundee United for free. Insane. :mad:

how about opening up an acadamy abroad? the likes of man utd tapping into another countrys talent, example, open an academy in lyon? milan? amsterdam? places where they have a rich history of producing fine young players. in the acadamy they can learn to speak english ect

I have no idea how SI will get through all these ideas, but I hope they can, plenty of good ones.

I'd like for you to be able to set a transfer status to "reject lower offers". atm you can only have "reject lower, but accept equal".

Would be so minor and easy, but I would really appreciate it, as I like to decided whether to accept any bid, but filter out the ridiculously low ones. :thup:

I would like an options to scout players at once in a kind of 'hold down 'S' and click on the players names and it will automatically scout the players.

In doing this I can select 10 players from a search list and do not have to click on each player individually (if that makes sense).

Also, when the game starts the pitch is always on display on the screen. I would like the beginning of the game screen to reflect the end of the last game. So if I have a slit view (with no 2D/3D match selected) it will not show the pitch at the start of the game.

Player Interaction:

This really needs looking at imo. It's so irritating, when your player becomes unhappy, and the only way to address it is through interviews with the media. Any manager would take a discussion with a player feeling "treated unfairly" or "dissillusioned". Why is it not possible to say e.g. "Iwant to see the team improve to match your ambitions" or "you're in my first-team plans" directly to a player, without going through the media?

Even commenting on a players performance is to the media rather than the player himself. Obviously both options should be possible.

Would defo like a "manager's player of the year" award. We should choose our own player of the year. IRL clubs have a fans award, a players' player award and a manager's award for who is the player of the year at a club. They could all come together, and as a news item say how at the club awards evening, who got what awards.

I would like an options to scout players at once in a kind of 'hold down 'S' and click on the players names and it will automatically scout the players.

In doing this I can select 10 players from a search list and do not have to click on each player individually (if that makes sense).

You can already do this by holding down either control or shift while selecting the players.

Shift - Hold down and select the first & last player you want to highlight to create a group then right click on the group and select your option.

Control - Hold down and select multiple random players from a list then right click and select relevant option.

I'd really like to be able to add managers jobs to my shortlist so you can get updates if the job comes available. Just like if you have a player on your shortlist you get to know if he becomes available, refuses a contract or if someone else goes for him.

People may have mentioned most of these, but here's some things I haven't seen mentioned:

Improved staff search: you can't shortlist them, there aren't many parameters you can filter - it wouldn't be much effort to make it a little more extensive (or alternatively, to make the job centre worth using).

The ability to play a training match: when I want to try out new tactics, or to see what my players do in certain situations, I have to arrange a friendly against my U18s. Like IRL, I should be able to split my squad, play 20 mins of a match to see how a new formation pans out, and then wrap it up before my players get tired or injured.

Some interactions stuff: there seems to be little impact that I as a manager can have on a player's development. If he thinks himself too good to be mentored, I pretty much have to put up with his attitude - there should be the option to have words with young players, set them straight if possible. Some players have always been and will always be difficult, but Giggs, for instance was not so professional until Ferguson intervened. In short, we shouldn't only be able to comment on a player's on-field performance, but also on how he does in training etc.

Favoured personnel should actually be friends: if my CM really likes my CB, it's weird that my CB doesn't also have my CM on his favoured personnel list.

There should be the sense that things are happening without my instigation: for example, Fletcher of Man utd says that he always really respected and wanted to be like Roy Keane - and he modelled his work ethic on him. Keane always used to slag off Fletcher and Richardson and clearly didn't like them. Nevertheless, his position as captain made him a default mentor, in effect, to the younger players - my senior players should likewise have an effect

(so that teams like Arsenal, without experienced influence, might suffer, unless they have very professional youngsters)

Basically, players are together all the time: they shouldn't only learn habits, good or bad, off the players that you direct them to, they should be learning off each other all the time.To go back to the Giggs example - he was great friends with Lee Sharpe, who wasn't very professional and was leading him astray - one of the reasons Lee Sharpe was sold. Perhaps a "really looks up to [older player]"/"spending a lot of time with [contemporary]" feature, with the same effects as mentoring of mental stats (not PPMs necessarily).

Players that don't get along can still play together: Gallas and Toure hate each other, Yorke, Cole and Sherringham didn't get along (everybody loves Solsksjaer). If they are professional, they should be able to play despite dislike

Training ground bust-ups shouldn't be the first that I hear of trouble. If I have a good hands-on rating, then I should be able to nip this stuff in the bud, spot potential trouble.

In short, we should know more about our players mentally, and to be honest, probably less about the mentality of players we don't own - you could probably spot a model professional from seeing him train, but until you've seen him in a big match, how do you know if he'll crumble or not?

I should be able to avoid controversial signings - I know that Bellamy would probably have a high controversy stat: I should also know if a regen has a high controversy stat: the whole point of controversy is that it gets people talking - I should be able to see that stuff coming, and decide whether to take a gamble.

There's nothing worse than siging a player who turns out to be an ass that the fans hate.

About this point;

Favoured personnel should actually be friends: if my CM really likes my CB, it's weird that my CB doesn't also have my CM on his favoured personnel list.

That isn't always true. Theo Walcott may love Thierry Henry and want to be like him, but Henry may find him an annoying little suck up.

Two things I would like:

1. Being able to interact with your chairman like you can with players, and having him interact with you as this happens with real managers a lot.

2. Being able to copy and paste player attributes in text form. If I want to tell my friend on MSN about this great youngster i just found, I don't want to have to make a screenshot and send it which can take time, I just want to show him stats quickly.

E.G:

Corners:12 Aggression: 12

Crossing:10 Anticipation: 10

Dribbling:16 Bravery: 9

i would like to see the following:

a) the away attendance e.g. if the attendance is 10000 it should say 10000(235) for the away supporters present

b) being abe to take your backroom staff with you if you move clubs

c) parachute payments

d) fans running on the pitch after a major result i.e survival or winning the league

e) champions league badge on the centre circle before each champions league game

f) new kits at the end of each season

let me know what you think...

In the real word, a director of football can be appointed to be a manager. If we can see this feature in FM2010?

When we begin a new game, several friendlies have been arranged. We have to manually cancel them if we dont like them. I really miss what FM 2006 did, that is no friendlies exits at the very begining of the game.

How about Players that are up themselves not mentioning any names... christiano.. come back to the squad hotel late from a night out on the town etc and you have to deal with all that crap. Just alot more media and team talk options I think is only really needed weve had the exact same team talk options since 06. Also improve the 3D match and an option to change the graphics settings on the 3d for the slower computers.

I think the comparing of players need to be expanded. I suggested a visual comparison of attributes (with training exercises using the match engine) in a separate thread. Also, I think we should be able to compare several players or the whole squad to see where your overall team strengths and weaknesses are.

For example, say I want to see how good my four strikers are in the air. I would then be able to pick my four strikers, and choose to summarize for attributes "Heading" and "Jumping". I might get a result like this for my mediocre 2nd league team:

Heading: 35/80

Jumping: 28/80

Total: 63/160

That way I can easily and in a summarized form see that my strikers stink at these attributes and need to train more on them.

Also, include a "traffic light"-system for the attributes with a gradual color code of red-orange-yellow-green to reflect the skill in each attribute. That would make it easier to see what your player is good/bad at a glance...

i would like to see the following:

a) the away attendance e.g. if the attendance is 10000 it should say 10000(235) for the away supporters present

b) being abe to take your backroom staff with you if you move clubs

c) parachute payments

d) fans running on the pitch after a major result i.e survival or winning the league

e) champions league badge on the centre circle before each champions league game

f) new kits at the end of each season

let me know what you think...

A, b, d, e, f are all small adjustments that would be nice to have, but not something that makes the game less interessting when they're not in the game, I think.

C, the parachute money, is already implemented in the game. I received some money when I got relegated from EC to League 1 :)

I have no idea if this has been posted, (i havent gone through all 40 odd pages) but on a personal level I am getting annoyed with the league cup as being a so called "big" team I don't want to play my first team (gives my youth players a chance to shine and get first team experience). However if i lose, i get slated in the press and the my supporters and board tell me how dispointed they are. Surley SI can find a away to chance importance of certain competitions to clubs?

i think in fm10 they should make it wer seasons last longer. not in gameswise. but in times wise. ther should be more day to day things to do each day each week to make the season longer. as im sure many people can do a season rather quick wen putting mind to it. day to day things should include things like a quick training plan. wer u can set wat u want differant player or possitions to focus on certain aspects of training.

Archived