Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

I would like an added stat on player stats during a match. LONG SHOTS. So we can see how many long shots each player has had and whether or not it was on target. It could be anything outside the box or from a certain distance?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like different teams to adopt different styles. Not just 424 for every single team when they are losing. It is a total cop out for the match engine. The amount of goals in injury time to get a draw or win against my team is just crazy. I can be 2-0 up in the 90th minute, park the bus on the goal line and even brick up the gaps but they still f***ing score 2 or 3 in the next 4 minutes. Its driving me mad. If FM 09 is the same i think i will have to call it quits for games on my pc and grow up like my wife told me i should have done a long time ago. ;)

Rant over.

if it´s a lower league team your are manager for, and your doing well after couble years and got a good economy. It is often that your boarder over rules you in a transfer deal, and selling out of your star players becuse "the deal is to good to say no to" So my propusision is: In time you could earn enough money to be a part owner or 100 % owner of the club.

What i would like to see in a future fm is team talks during the weeks. not for the media, but lets say i am managing ajax and after 6 games i am in bottom half - i have a team talk with the lads about our performances...same if you are derby for example and sitting in the top 8 after 6 games, you can tell your team to keep it up or something. just talking with players coz i reckon thats what managers do in real life aswell...what do you guys think?
Yeah a team meeting sorta thing? Where you can discuss how it's going and majorly give your team a huge kick in the ass to get them playing good football again? Or to end slumps? As right now slumps in FM08 are a bit TOO realistic.

You can already do this in a way. Well only if your doing badly. If your title hopefulls yet your doin real bad you can go to player interaction with your captain and there is usually the option "hold a team meeting to discuss the teams recent poor form" So you can get them to buck their ideas up and afterwards you get some feedback on how that meeting went.

On topic:

As i suggested in another thread: The possibility to customise your team screen view. The players section. Would it be possible to be able to choose the columns you would like to see regarding different players, eg age, Position, PA, Goals, Assists, morale, Influence etc etc so that you can basically get the info you need about your team.

I would also like to be able to scout a player in a certain poition. eg - some players have two "natural" positios (lets say sw and cb) and his best position is sw - which means he gets scouted as a sw and i would like to play him as a cb - which he is equally as good in. now my scout says he is a quality signing coz he is way better than my next sw, but i would actually like my scout to compare him with my other cb's...

I would like to be able to have a way you could ask your nation's board to invest in youth development if you were the manager of that nation which would improve the youth coming through for that nation over time and the more money invested the better the youth coming through. So a weak nation spending alot on youth deveopment could over a long period in the game could become the world's best nation.

I'd like to see greater interactivity with replays. Currently in the 2D system, all I get to see is replays of highlights, goals or none. I appreciate we can rewatch the game after and so my point is more aesthetic than anything, but I'd like to be able to slow down the gameplay, speed it up, mark certain players etc. So for example, if I want to mark out a defender I'm looking at as a potential transfer target, I'd like to be able to mark him and watch replays of set pieces both offensive and defensive to see how he reacts to certain things and if he really fits the bill. This could also be really useful for watching my own players as well, to spot flaws with tactics and such like.

Of course, with 3D this will become even more useful, as I'll be able to watch individuals player runs, movements and change angles and such like - so being able to view things at various paces with players highlighted will be even more important.

An annual report on your 'first option' feeder clubs from your assistant manager. This could be exactly the same as the "new intake of youth players" news item, with the assistant manager highlighting any of your feeder clubs' players who might be good enough to play for your club.

After reading through alot of the suggestions it seems that the two major areas for improvement need to be Scouting and youth development.

Being able to scout players who progress to the top is one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game and rightly or wrongly is one of the reasons that a number of players are assisted by the scout tool.

The scouting needs to be improved

A suggestion could be a list of 5 - 10 ratings that are used when a youth player is scouted.

Will never be good enough to play first team football.

With the right guidance may break into the first team squad.

With the right guidance has a good chance of playing regular first team football.

With the right guidance will play an important role in the future of the club.

With the right guidance will play at a higher level than our club.

With the right guidance will play international football for .........

With the right guidance will be one of the best players in (region)

With the right guidance will be one of the best players of their generation.

I know there is a star system and ratings currently but the fact is they are innacuarate. There also needs to be more importance placed on the scouts stats. If they have a judging player potential of 20 then they are more likely to find players who have the last three ratings. It has to be therefore harder for clubs to appoint scouts with high statistics, Blyth Spartans would be lucky to get a scout with judging player potential at 6 while Man Utd and Arsenal will have the 18+ boys. These are just ideas but this area really needs to be improved, apart from that there isn't many problems in my opinion.

Has anybody ever thought about the possibility of a Football manager with the present game engine but starts in 90/01. All players that are destined to sign for clubs like cantona to Leeds, Robbie Keane to Wolves etc.. will happen unless you intervene.

It could be that some transfers are almost impossible to stop i.e. Cantona to Utd as the manager could have some sort of code that means they are really determined to get certain players. The signing of Cantona (god forbid) for Liverpool for example although woul;d be hard but could still be possible.

I would love this. I appreciate the database may well be too big but a new file could be loaded at the end of every season in order for some players to retire and others to become professional or yts players. Or even a european database would be enough with ony the national team players of othernations over the years making the cut.

I would love to win the league with Liverpool in the nineties with Zidane, Romario, Desailly etc... and watching a young ronaldo come through ar PSG waiting to fight of Barcelona for his signature.

I think this might've been mentioned a lot on here, but I'd like to see lower non-league such as Ryman League, Unibond League and Southern League. This is because I support my local team, Cray Wanderers, and always have to edit them into a higher league. AND, Cray ALWAYS has the same players. Bower left years ago, Hannigan left, Martin is now at Maidstone and Abbott is Sittingbourne manager. I want to see Beveney, Whitnell, Aris etc. in the Cray squad, as they should be.

I would like to see :

- more consistancy in performances , seems results are too random , eg testing the same match without changing anything gets a hugely different score

- constantly opposition players defying there stats , the way some of these players strike the ball are like they have 20 for long shots and shoots with power , despite being a centre back with 10 for long shots.

- too many early goals , most goals happen in first 3 minutes , whatever happened to sides keeping it tight and working a goal

- better media interactions , things to make the manager feel appreciated eg some have mentioned lack of recognition despite 20+ years in job

- more realistic transfer market where poorer players or uneeded players can be picked up cheaper than now , also the AI actually offering realistic bids.

I'm way late replying but I'm new to this, and have been searching for half an hour to find someone else saying "why so many early goals?" I haven't sat and worked it out properly but it seems about 60% of goals on the game are scored 1st half, but would guess in reality that it is more likely to be 60% in second half. Not that it matters anymore as the match engine in fm 2009 will be different - will just have to see if that little annoyance has been ironed out I guess. Glad it's not just me though!

I'm FM fan from Thailand and I have some ideas about player abilities.

I played this for 3 years but still never know about the meaning of some abilities.

Who has more "conner" mean he can score from the conner set piece or he can take the conner well. Also the "long throw" ability.

I think it should be in prefer move.

I would definitely like to see a quick physio report when a player gets a little green cross, obviously the accuracy of this report should depend on the physio's stats.

Love the idea of getting a knighthood if you are successful enough, but this should be hard to achieve, perhaps winning two world cups with England would earn it. Not sure what a female manager would get?

I also think transfer deadline day could be improved to reflect the drama of real life. Maybe this will be in FM09

I think if you take a job abroad as an english coach the fact that it is not your 1st language should be raised, and perhaps attract negative press - eg. capello, ranieri, ramos even beckham at Real. Also the option to have ur assistant deal with team talks and press during this period.

I'd love to see physical abilities be split from technical and mental abilities. Physical ability has nothing to do with football talent and instinct, so it would only be fair to take it as a completely independant area. Just have potential ability, current ability and physical ability.

That way, you don't end up with completely screwed up development just because a player spend all of his potential ability on his technical abilities and has nothing left for physical stuff or vice versa. A player who has all the talent in the world won't suddenly not be able to peak at dribbling or anticipation just because he improved his speed by a bit.

You also end up with more players of average skill and strong physical abilities, not just the all around average guys you see in FM2008.

It would also be nice to see a closer connection between attributes that are similar to each other, so you don't end up with a fast guy who takes ages to accelerate or needs half the field to turn around.

I would love a Player/Manager option when your are adding a new manager to the game.

Your stats would be based on the reputation you choose. IE Automatic, Sunday leauge footballer...International Player.

You wouldn't be able to control him or anything. You would just be listed in your squad. It's common in the lower leauges of football. A few managers have done it up here in Scotland recently. I'm surprised it's not in the game, actually.

Ok, first ever post on these forums guys so be gentle...

I've thought for some time that FM could be drastically improved by a 'one-league game' option which allows people with slower computers to play lower leagues without the vastly increased processing that comes with every single higher league.

It's irritating when I play as e.g. manager of Exeter City, get them into the Premiership and Champions League (of course) after a bunch of seasons, but still have to wait ages while the conference trophy results etc. are processed. This compared to playing with e.g. Arsenal, when I can select one league only.

I'm no programmer, but I figure that there must be a reduced version of each league season - that's why, when I select 'Premiership only', FM is still able to come up with three promoted teams from a 'non-existent' Championship.

I propose the following: to use this latter function for leagues above, not just below, the league you're playing in, and for the game to 'track' your active league up (and down, sometimes) the league structure.

So I could select 'one league only' (better for my struggling laptop), select League Two, take Exeter into the Premiership and never have to sit and wait for results from other leagues - so when I'm in L2 then L2 is the only active league, when I'm in L1 then only L1 is active... you get the idea.

Apologies if this has come up before but a browse through other topics didn't turn up anything.

What does everyone make of this idea?

1. It would be good if for FM10 you can have shops and you ca go shopping, if you buy Snicker, Mars bars etc (junk food) for your players then their stats will go down. You have to buy healthy stuff for them to make them better and teach them what to eat and at what times.

2. How about an option in the game to say to your players "Go play some arcade games, go to a club" for morale boost?

3. You should be able to buy drugs and secretly give to your players to make them better, i.e. steroids.

4. Shaving...you should be able to tell your players to have a shave in the game so you present yourself as a professional who wants your team to stay with good attitude.

1. It would be good if for FM10 you can have shops and you ca go shopping, if you buy Snicker, Mars bars etc (junk food) for your players then their stats will go down. You have to buy healthy stuff for them to make them better and teach them what to eat and at what times.

2. How about an option in the game to say to your players "Go play some arcade games, go to a club" for morale boost?

3. You should be able to buy drugs and secretly give to your players to make them better, i.e. steroids.

4. Shaving...you should be able to tell your players to have a shave in the game so you present yourself as a professional who wants your team to stay with good attitude.

I take it you are joking?

Not sure if it's been said but allow the ability to request match postponements like I think was available in older games (and possibly complain about ref to F.A. too?). I agree there needs to be something to be done with money you earn because otherwise there isn't much point negotiating contracts. I disagree with making percentage odds for league finish i.e. Man United 75% to finish top 4 or whatever, it takes away the fun of being a non-top 4 club like Spurs or Portsmouth, and makes managing a team like United or Chelsea too easy, although I agree there may need to be a bit of realism to league finishes. The board should put up more resistance when you issue an ultimatum and could possibly put up resistance if you choose to resign/retire, they might offer more pay or something.

Ideas for sounds:

1. Support for mp3!!!!!

2. Please, made it more variable. For example:

FM_tm_113567_1

FM_tm_113567_2

FM_tm_113567_vs - anti-team chants (for example, what will be MU fans chant about Chelsea in MU-Chelsea match)

FM_tm_113567_vs_126721 - special for one match chant (play only in match 113567 vs 126721)

FM_pl_13678_1

FM_pl_13678_2

FM_pl_13678_vs (same as team)

FM_pl_13678_vs_124678 (what will be chant Zenit (124678) supporters about Bystrov (13678) who moves to rival club)

Also what about specisic start match sounds - there are champions league anthems, Football March in Russia and others, which play before start whistle.

Thanks

t

Also a few other ideas of mine are:

1.) To hire youth team managers rather than a coach and give them a budget from within your transfer budget so they can sign youth players also .... This may need a bit of tweakin hear and there but ppl i ave spoken to seem to like the idea

2.) When networking to be able to set up a friends league , so instead of doin a full season in england with for example 10 of your mates , to just have you and your mates in one league with one transfer window, this would be quicker and gettin to the point of networking ... beating your mates.

What do people think of my ideas?

Really like the first idea. It makes perfect sense to me.

Not so bothered about the second idea personally but think it still would appeal to others.

A couple of my ideas

1) NOT SUBBING INJURED PLAYERS - i remember on the old games (thinking cm01/02) if a player got injured it wasn't COMPULSORY to make a sub. Now it is. I think they should go back to the old idea as sometimes (say 5 minutes before half time) you don't want to make subs.

2) SQUADS BEFORE GAMES - having to pick your 18 man or 23 man squad the day before each game.

3) PLAYER INTERACTION WITH FIRST X1 - saying to a youth player there on the bench to get experience and probably won't play. Or saying to a player they'll get 70 mins but you need to rest them for next game

4) PLAYERS INJURED IN WARM UP - having players injured in warm up

A board member dealing with "enquiries". Don't hassle me with them!

Transfer rumours to only be on players I've or one of my scouts has attended a match for. I don't want them snooping in my private short-list.

No more asking me if love is lost between a former player that never actually played a single game for me since he spent a year in my reserves. And if you do ask me, don't ask me again 10 years later.

I think that Navie's first idea, about diets, may be good with a few modifications. What I mean is, you can sort out your players' diets to help improve their fitness, like Juande Ramos, and you can get complaints from players if you get the diet wrong, e.g they can say that the diet is making them hungry so they can't play, also like Spurs.

Could be an idea for the future, for gamers playing a career game (like me!), to be able to delete or store data, in order to speed up the game should it make the computer run too slow during all the processing. I don´t know exactly what actual data could be deleted or stored, but perhaps player histories (which should be made available again with one or two clicks of a button), old matches and goals, media, news, etc. I don´t know exactly besides the data what actually makes the game run slower as it progresses, but there must or could be some kind of way to set a limit when playing a career game.

I think it should be easier to get a job with the team you list as favourite.

I have found that you can start at the lower leagues and have a successful time of it around the world (a bit like Bob robson) and then you want to return to England and manage your favourite team. Unfortunately your reputation seems to be to high and whenever you apply for a job that isn't Chelsea, liverpool or man u they appoint someone else even though your the best man for the job.

If I had West Ham as my favourite team i think it should be easier to go back there and manage, obviously not if id just worked in the conference but if i had the credentials.

Happiness:

Short Term Plans -

Long Term Plans (get it added please) -

Media Ability - (do they love or hate you, can you handle the pressure, scandals, bribes, unable to cope etc)

Achievements - (awards, trophys, bonuses, medals, maybe give us a trophy cabinet screen)

Financial - Do bonuses take into account the scale of the achievement? (Like if Portsmouth won the Champions League I'd say that's pretty big LOL)

Archived