Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

With the changing way we play the game, it seems now to be successful in this game you need to have a few variants of the one tactic. Most of these being attack, defend, balanced, shut up shop & all out attack. What about having a "shout box" so to speak somewhere on the screen were if a player decided to create a few tactics these could be dragged and dropped into these slots, so instead of having to go to the tactic screen very time. Its one click and the next break in play the new tactic is loaded?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see an improvement in the pre-match report from the Assistant Manager - I usually get the "Didn't seem to be listening" malarkey. That just so wouldn't be the case in real life - that your players were not taking any notice of you at the beginning, half-time, or end of game!!!

I would like to see.

Team Talks - Some more realistic options. They seem too general. I may be winning two - nil and be pleased but i still want more from you, without having to "Disappointed"

Sub instructions - Want you want E.g. Tighten it up, You can win it for us, Enjoy the run out (For youngsters)

Cup Competitions - Be able to say to board league cup is for youth so may not reach final of every cup.

Specify what feeder teams you are looking for

I would like to see in FM 2008:

Joining a new club - if they have sacked a manager due to underperformance and are languishing below pre-season predictions, and you take the job, they should create new expectations for you based on their current standing...ie get us out of the relegation zone and in to a safe position.

Manager expectations - lower league clubs should always consider how far you have taken them up to now before sacking you when relegated from the Prem League with say Southport. Making it challenging is one thing, but overall achievement ( ie Wenger at Arsenal ) at a club should be taken in to consideration.

Being knocked out of cups - linked with manager expectations, if you are a lower league club and are knocked out the league cup in round 2 by Man Utd, the board should take in to account the opposition that defeated you before getting to peeved about not getting to round 3 as per expectations.

More team talk options - as I really like this side to the game and it could be spruced up a bit.

Modification of the media options - at the moment I don't go there as the results of media talks are not that beneficial for my team in general.

Other than that, great game !

Kev

I would like to see in FM 2008:

Being knocked out of cups - linked with manager expectations, if you are a lower league club and are knocked out the league cup in round 2 by Man Utd, the board should take in to account the opposition that defeated you before getting to peeved about not getting to round 3 as per expectations.

Agreed, annoys me when I get a tough draw and I know the board are gonna be angry.

I'd like to see a better player rating system. It is far too heavily reliant on goals. On previous versions, I've seen goalscorers get 5/6, but I've never seen that on this. Just because a player scores a tap-in, doesn't mean he's had a good game.

Also Wayne Rooney needs to be deleted from the game :cool:

just a couple of little things... the ability to filter offers for players.. i find trawling through a lot of loan offers tedious and kinda time-consuming.. why not have something where we could, for example, accept all loan offers from premiership clubs?? a similar one would be to "reject/accept all part-exchange offers" seem to get a lot of these from clubs when im offering out players who are transfer listed, and there's no way in hell i want one of their players!

The ability to provide direct quotes for the media when you choose which type of media comment to release.

The ability to have friendly and unfavoured clubs - not direct feeder clubs or full-on rivals, but clubs whom your support generally like to see you beat or don't mind as much when you are beaten by them, as well as the ability to comment on the great friendship or dislike between the clubs.

The booing of Gareth Barry yesterday got me thinking that theres nothing like this on FM. I'd love to see more interaction between fans, club and players e.g. they express a desire to hold on to someone!

Would also like to see a more in depth pre season including tours and transfer speculation! I'm bored of being asked the same question about all players on my shortlist! And what do my fans think about these possible transfers? And it seems pretty pointless doing a tour because you never find out about the benefits! IRL theres quite a lot in the media about Man United, Chelsea, Barca etc touring countries.

Players with ambition may perhaps learn the languages of the league they would like to join in the future. The kinds of players that would do this ought to be discussed. It shouldn't be that too many players do this. It needs to be limited.

Those players with ambition/professionalism could also start learning a new language if they have a future transfer agreed to a club in another country too. I reckon this would be relatively easy to impement (in the general scheme of things)? It would be a nice enhancement.

Leagues to be able to change format in the future

e.g. News Item - "The Premier League, under pressure from UEFA, has announced that the top division will be reduced to 18 teams in 3 years time"

So one extra team will be relegated per season

Also things like the play-offs being scrapped and the old 3 up 3 down being implemented again. Champions League format changing again etc

And more playable feeder leagues would be nice (although it took me 10 years to get out of the BSS this game)

i would like to see something like a 'Tactic Board' where i have an complete overview about my tactic(s). it allows me to set player positionings for offense and defense and it should also show each individual instructions directly.

i would also like to have the possibility to give more detailed intructions on penelties and free kicks.

ie 'shoot the penelty always in a high angle';

for free kicks their should be an option that ie if the ball is layin 20m from the goal try always a direct shoot or some other specific instructions depending on the distance to the opponents goal

possibility of founding youth camps all over the world

in-game shouting; ie a defender makes a horrible failure that cost you almost a goal

and u have the option to scream ' c'mon u can do it better ';'concentrate more' or 'show anger' or something like this

and the biggest problem i see in the footman is the visualization/presentaion.

i've looked for example at some FIFA manager screenshots and i must say that it's the only thing that EA really can do fine.

the interface is so user-fiendly and well designed that u want to explore the whole world in all details.maybe take a look at them for some inspirations like they did it :rolleyes:

Having some sort of 'head-coach' who has a certain amount of PPMs he can teach the players at the club. Obviously, better head-coaches would have a wider range of PPMs, and a higher number to distribute amongst the players.

Ex-Players with certain PPMs would have more PPMs that they had while playing to pass on could be a possibility.

EDIT: To give you an idea of what i'm getting at, one could look for a head coach who has the right sort of PPMs relating to how your team plays.

One problem is team talks when playing the second leg of a game in the uefa cup/champions league. The only realistic options are 'wish luck' and 'I expect a win'. Even the assistant manager chooses 'none' when asked for his opinion.

I believe that an option for service to strikers also needs to be added for both forwards instead of just a target man or the team as a whole. E.g Balls in to feet- particularly a problem when using small strikers who are constantly supplied with hopeful lofted high punts which they fail miserably to win.

Lastly, praise for a great season I think needs to be included. I know that confidence from the board has been mentioned but on top of this the only kind of praise you receive is larger prize money and a better media prediction for the following season. Something like praise from a football legend or special thanks from players could be added just to increase that good feeling instead of having to create it for yourself.

I'd like to see that a player for example from brazil is willing to move to your club ie. AC Milan because Milan have a lot of Brazilian...or because they're move because they're friend with the player at the club...

Ability to watch two games at once. I'm sure we've all been in that situation at the end of the season, where we can win the league but only if another team playing that day draws or loses. Heck it's a regular occurence in the Champions League. Being able to watch a game simultaneously as opposed to having to sit there staring at the latest scores/goal updates screen would be brilliant, and it would also be a nice time-saver when it came to scouting opposition.

Guess this was mentioned before but I really would like:

-the possibility to express your objectives when renewing contracts or buying new players, so that a star player would be tempted to join you because of the clubs ambition

Ability to watch two games at once. I'm sure we've all been in that situation at the end of the season, where we can win the league but only if another team playing that day draws or loses. Heck it's a regular occurence in the Champions League. Being able to watch a game simultaneously as opposed to having to sit there staring at the latest scores/goal updates screen would be brilliant, and it would also be a nice time-saver when it came to scouting opposition.

Managers don't watch other games whilst in the dugout, they concentrate on their own match whilst receiving updates. It would be nice if important updates came through on the commentary...

I've read around that league reputation remains constant during a game. If that's true, then that's one thing I would like to see changed. Maybe the calculation of league reputation could be done similarly to UEFA's league coefficients.

Only a little thing but I'd like to see the leading scorer of Premier League goals of all time included. Like at the moment its Alan Shearer with 260. Obviously this could be done for all the leagues not just the premiership.

Would be a nice touch.

Instead of having drop down boxes for player instructions (marking, closing down, tackling, showing on to foot) it would be easier to just have tick boxes.

For me, I often mess around with them a lot and it's basically double clicking everything when it's really uncalled for. I know I might be greedy as it only takes a couple more seconds... but it would be a lot easier.

I've read around that league reputation remains constant during a game. If that's true, then that's one thing I would like to see changed. Maybe the calculation of league reputation could be done similarly to UEFA's league coefficients.

I completely agree with you. It is not the first time that my team Befica is one of the best clubs in Europe and the other Portuguese clubs continue to be knocked out in first round in European competitions.

Managers don't watch other games whilst in the dugout, they concentrate on their own match whilst receiving updates. It would be nice if important updates came through on the commentary...

It's a game, not real life. It'd really add to the gaming experience IMO. Also, never heard of portable TVs? :)

It's a game, not real life. It'd really add to the gaming experience IMO. Also, never heard of portable TVs? :)

It's a simulation, not a game ;) It should be as realistic as possible. Yes, I've heard of portable TVs, I have one. Ever seen a manager watch another game during one of his own? :p

Ever seen a manager pause during a match so he could spend 20 minutes readjusting his tactics? Seriously this game/simulation stuff is annoying - this is a wishlist thread so just let people post their wishes and let SI decide what should be included or not. If I wanted a whole big discussion it I'd create a thread asking for everyones opinion.

Media is starting to get annoyingly repeatitive at the moment. I am sick of the following:

1. Did that goal look offside or was that penalty dubious and then getting asked what I thought about that decision after every game.

2. A media comment about players playing against their former team. After a few seasons it gets really boring.

These two sets of comments need to be toned down.

Please please please make games between lower league and premier league sides more realistic.

Often when I'm a League 1 or League 2 team, I'll play a friendly against someone like Sunderland, and lose 8-0. That wouldn't happen in real life, it would be close like 2-0, maybe 3-0. Yet if you're a League 2 team playing against a Rymans League team, you'll lose 5 times out of 10.

Completely agree there :thup: FA Cup loses a lot of magic too, you know that if it is Grays v Southampton or something like that, no matter what, there will not be a shock, it'll be 8-0 to So'ton or something. Shocks are very very rare on this game, they do happen but not often.

I dont know if this has been mentioned before but i'd like to see league reputation increase and decrease

Another good point! If this is implemented it'd make me a whole lot happier to manage in other places, yes.

I'd like for them to fix the fact that every touch Rooney has is a goal...I mean EVERY touch.

He isn't THAT good.

Fix it or i'm switching to CM

I think SI will fix this, they can't risk losing you to CM.

For me going back onto friendlies, please, Neutral grounds! I've seen Northern Ireland travel to New Zealand for a friendly in the mid-season on a Saturday! Surely this game should be played in Europe? And at club level, when creating tours you should be able to play not only clubs from the country you are touring, but other clubs, for example Man Utd this evening are going to play Portsmouth in Nigeria. We should have that, would be brilliant, it is becoming more and more common these days too.

And one other thing - let's give this game an atmosphere. Rather than a few words before a derby match for example, let's have a real indication of the rivalry, perhaps a look back a past games or something. Whatever it is - Roma v Lazio, Arsenal v Spurs or Dorchester v Weymouth, these games have little or no difference to any other games.

Thank you!

My own personal bug bear is the lack of decent player interaction. I want a player to know why I've chosen to reject an offer for him, especially if it's a really good player and an unrealistic offer.

On a similar subject, I'd like to see an option (just a tickbox) when a club has made an offer for one of my players to tell the player or not. There's no way in real life a player would know every single offer that had been made for him but if I wanted to get rid of him, he could be told an offer for this club has been accepted.

Firstly, in important matches I would like to see more build-up to the game, or just something that makes it stand out from a regular match.

I've said that before. I won the league on the last day of the season over Chelsea then, my next game was Champions League Final against, that's right, Chelsea.

I would have liked it if the game had said something like "Chelsea will be looking for quick revenge after losing out to West Ham on the last deay of the season" but, because we hadn't met in the Champions League before, there was nothing and it was treated like a normal game.

A minor improvement I would like to see: let's say you're Arsenal and you're about to play Chelsea; you can click on the previous matches button to see the head-to-head record. Well, if you've had a nomadic career like the one I'm currently experiencing, this is fairly meaningless.

As well as seeing the head-to-heads, I'd like to see my own personal record against the team I'm playing. So, to take the Arsenal example above, I'd like to see all the matches involving teams I've managed (at the time I was managing them) against Chelsea.

The reason I say this, is that I'd love to quickly see what my record is like against Barcelona, because I remember beating them with both my PSV and Lyon sides, but I know I lost to them with Porto and Arsenal, but can't remember how I did against them when I managed Milan (or if I even played against them).

Not just that but perhaps head to head against the manager for both of you at all the clubs you've managed.

And, of course not forgetting, against the manager(s) you've replaced at these clubs who, we assume will always find another job!

Does anyone remember Ultimate Soccer Manager 98? I loved the graphics and backgrounds of your offices and various rooms it really made you feel involved even if other areas were poor.

I think it would be fantastic if press conferences and media relations were firstly overhauled and much more detailed in terms of what can be said, but also say when questions are put to you its like you're looking out first person with a background of hundreds of journos and cameras it would just be so much more immersive. Or even post match just on the touchline with a background of a couple of local reporters quizzing. Loads of cool possibilities.

Something I would really like to see would be being brought in to manage the reserve time of a club. For example, if I could apply to manage Man Utd reserves, and communicate with Fergie, saying who is doing well, and should be considered for a first team chance. You could build up your rep, and get offers from other teams, and all sorts. I think it would be brilliant!!

I pretty much like FM08 but their are one or two things I would like to see.

1.I know everyone says it but regen quality must be boosted.

2.Un-realistic transfers a player with a 2mil value shouldn't cost the the human controlled club 11mil nor should players like corluka go for 40mil.

3.I like the idea of a more hands on assistant, IRL Fergie said allot of the success in recent years was down to Quieroz and his ideas.

4. One thing that really annoys me is what I dub the 'Pro-Ev touch' basically its when a player is near the line and instead of putting his foot on the ball or his touch knocks it out of play usually for a corner, it happens on pro-ev when you try to control a ball whilst running at the by-line. It's such a little thing but it ***ks me off so much lol.

I'd like for them to fix the fact that every touch Rooney has is a goal...I mean EVERY touch.

He isn't THAT good.

Fix it or i'm switching to CM

work on your tactics mate. I have more problems with Ishmael Miller than I do with Rooney.

fm08 has been a joy

things that i think need fixing/adding:

1) players shouldn't complain after i negotiate an offer for them when the initial offer is just too close to their actual value.

2) players should recognize/remember recent club triumphs and let those memories cool their desire to move (the coding might be intricate for this one :-) )

3) mentors for youth players should be presented in say an order of compatibility or at least some preliminary means of selecting a mentor should be in place such as...ask assistant manager if ballack should tutor "the next beckenbauer," or even in the scout report for the youth player, a list of mentors he would work with should be displayed.

4) more options for scout assignment..an auto scout if you will. if there is a part of the world unknown, a scout witht he auto setting will go there..etc

5) feeder club problems, where the board says you should make do with what you have...i just hate this just give me a feeder club bishes

6) can't remember

The ability to be able to give players month to month contracts,although this wouldn't happen in the premier league you see it all the time in the lowers leagues and its vital to some clubs. Also 3mth contract 6mth contract happens alot in the lower leagues and i also agree with the emergency loan system.

Somebody's probably suggested this before...

...but wouldn'n it be great if - when you're asking your staff-members to pick the team - they chose players based on their preffered playing mentality (defending, attacking, etc). I.e. a defending based coach chose defensive full-back's, while the attacking coaching choses attacking oriented full-back's.

Today the coaches all tend to come up with the same team - if they variated, I probably use the feature more...

How about a history screen similar to the club history screen for the manager so you can see in one easy screen what you have won / finished runners up in etc after playing 20+ seasons you kinda forget what you have achieved and is a bit tiresome going through the long winded achievements

1.) That would be a great, useful, and easy idea to implement. It will be a very quick way to show your history from team to team and how well you did in league and in cup competition.

2.) I echo those who have said that a manager, when moving to a new club, should be able to bring some or all of his staff with him. Perhaps that could be based on how long they've been with the manager or something.

3.) Pre-season friendly competitions (those friendly 4-team leagues, cups, maybe even tours) could have some element of history recorded. For example, if every season my team hosts a 4-team friendly cup, it would be great to make that a true annual event, keeping a simple history of participants, winners, and records (see also: FML-beta does this). I know SI would probably shy away from creating custom cups, but this is a friendly feature that would add some fun and realism.

4.) Another echo: after a few visits from a former player, don't ask me what I think about him. We've crossed that bridge before, it's no longer a story.

Have it more like it is in real life with the manager giving the team a list of player he wants and then the board going out and getting them, giving you a price and asking if you still want him. Major part of football missing and a chance to replace probably the worst part of the game.

This has been mentioned a few times and an effort to include this would add to the club management realism that FM strives for.

When you are told of a rival bid for a player in a news item, then tell detail of bid and your bid in the news item.

There is space for it in the news item, and saves extra clicking to the players transfer info, where you can garner the bid info there anyway.

Would save loads of clicks in total.

I am sure that these things are already in hand, and have been discussed, but it's tricky to go through nearly 3000 replies!

1) Number of coaches/scouts, etc - it seems silly that the board actually sets a limit on this - surely we should have our wage budget, and choose to spend it accordingly? I've never seen the board say: 'Oh, you shouldn't have more than 17 players' - surely if we want to spend 10,000 a week on 10 top coaches instead of one decent(ish) player, that should be our prerogative in running the playing-side club however we decide? Yes, I know there are work arounds (the ass-man thing) but I don't want to feel like I'm exploting some loophole in the code in order to achieve something which - to me - should be achievable anyway. Nonetheless, I'm sure SI have their reasons for having limited this in the way that they have, I just hope that, perhaps, they may take another look at this in time for 09/10, and maybe (if I'm a very lucky boy) reconsider their decision from previous games.

2) I know that scouting was greatly imrpoved for 08 - but I can't help but feel that there's more to come. At the moment, scouts seem to stop scouting a country as soon as they hit 100% knowledge (that may not be the case, but it's my experience having played through the game a hell of a lot). Now, to me, that seems a bit silly - when a scout hits 100% knowledge that's exactly the time that he should START scouting properly, not leave the country. On top of this, it'd be nice to be able to say to a scout (in game terms) 'find me a replacement for' or 'find me an equivalent of' - when you know that a player is retiring, or something similar.

3) With respect to transfers - frankly it should be easier to offload players. After a relegation I quite often want to offload some of my highest earners, and will offer them out to clubs. Even if you offer them on a free, quite often you'll get 50 responses saying: 'We didn't consider this deal value for money'. It just seems a bit bizarre.

Archived