About mentality ?

hi guys i had a problem when i was setting the player insctructions.i'm beginner so i just started to create tactics but i didn't understand the logic of mentality slider.how to set the slider of mentality of all players?some people set all of them alike, some people set all of them diverse.so help me i can't understand the logic of the mentality.

hi guys i had a problem when i was setting the player insctructions.i'm beginner so i just started to create tactics but i didn't understand the logic of mentality slider.how to set the slider of mentality of all players?some people set all of them alike, some people set all of them diverse.so help me i can't understand the logic of the mentality.

Mentality basically means how far up the pitch the player will place himself. So a midfielder with high mentality will look to get into opposition area. A midfielder with low mentality will see him support the defence.

In terms of how much you should tweak their mentality you should always keep the teams basic formation shape. For example your CB's will have a low mentality (defensive) if you set the rest of the team on a high mentality then there will be no'one to support your CB's and they will be isolated, if you look at Barcelona for example yaya toure will sit in front of the CB's and act as a passing option for them. If your CB's have a mentality of 6 clicks from the left then yaya toure will proberly be around 8 clicks from the left. I hope that makes sense to you.

Proud, here is a rough guide to have a basic idea: after choosing your tactic, start from Front to Back: Choose your Striker mentality or leave it default, and from there work backwards.

If you want your team compact, leave maybe 2 to 3 ticks gaps in between players mentality, depending of their pitch position, otherwise space a little bit more.

For example, Striker 18, AMC 16, MC 14 DM 12 DC 10.

Keep in mind that the first notch of opposition half is 14 ticks, providing you are playing a normal line.

From my understanding mentality also affects the attacking mindset of the player. If you increase the mentality of a FB for example he's definitely more likely to move further up the pitch, but he's also more likely to get the ball forward more quickly whether that is a long pass, a through ball, or dribbling.

sorry but i didn't understand this sentece because of my english level.can someone explain me?

"the first notch of opposition half is 14 ticks."

Just count 14 times from the left when you move the player mentality. That means he will start attacking from there, that's the first line of grass in the tactical screen.

Archived