• Last Reply

Where will we finish in the Premiership: 2nd

How far in the Champions League: Winners

How far in the FA Cup: Fifth Round

How far in the League Cup: Winners

How many league games will we lose: 4

Who will be the highest scorer: Adebayor

Who will make the most assists: Cesc

Which young player will make the most impact: seeing as Cesc is too good to be considered young i'm going for Theo

Which player will disappoint the most: Vela

How many games will we lose despite dominating: 4

When will Rosicky make his one and only start next season: October

Will Eboue learn how to play football: I hope so

Originally posted by arseneknows:

Why so little confidence? We got within 4 points last season, the team is a year older, we've only lost 1 player and we will strengthen the team.

Been using the age excuse far too long. United are hardly in their mid 30s.

Originally posted by Cesc Fabregas the Phenom:

Just renewed my membership via DD. It's just going to get harder to get to games next season. Latter half of the season past, was nigh on impossible for red members.

Really? I only managed a few right at the start of the season. Noticed that they're guaranteeing at least 1500 tickets to be made available to red members for every home game this season though, might help for us quick-fingered nerds.

Originally posted by Plumble:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arseneknows:

Why so little confidence? We got within 4 points last season, the team is a year older, we've only lost 1 player and we will strengthen the team.

Been using the age excuse far too long. United are hardly in their mid 30s. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The point is we're only going to be better. We're only more experienced. The fact that we got so close last season will give the side great confidence.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Plumble:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arseneknows:

Been using the age excuse far too long. United are hardly in their mid 30s. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The point is we're only going to be better. We're only more experienced. The fact that we got so close last season will give the side great confidence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont bother wasting your breath mate, they'll never change icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Cesc Fabregas the Phenom:

Predictions 08/09

How far in the Champions League: Semis

How far in the FA Cup: Semis

How far in the League Cup: Win

How many league games will we lose: 6

Who will be the highest scorer: Van Persie/Adebayor.

Who will make the most assists: Fabregas

Which young player will make the most impact: Vela

Which player will disappoint the most: Clichy.

How many games will we lose despite dominating: Half a dozen.

When will Rosicky make his one and only start next season: December. He'll then get injured.

Will Eboue learn how to play football: No. He will however perform something that slightly resembles it.

United are only going to get better with those players. And they were better to start with. Chelsea are only going to spend more and strengthen. We have to do likewise as we are behind these sides.

'We're only going to get better' is a lame argument, as you can say that about many clubs with no set assurance in any case. Sure, we're likely to keep improving. Are we assuming everyone else will just stay as they are and not improve for our benefit?

I've been looking at the Adebayor transfer speculation over the past few months:

7th May:

'Happy' Ade out to improve

Emmanuel Adebayor has set his sights on next season as he looks to build on an impressive campaign.

9th May:

Adebayor blasts exit talk

Emmanuel Adebayor has hit out at press speculation that has intimated he is ready to quit Arsenal.

14th May:

Adebayor set on Arsenal stay

Emmanuel Adebayor insists he is happy at Arsenal, despite reported interest from Barcelona and Milan.

14th May(again):

Adebayor staying at Arsenal

Emmanuel Adebayor has again insisted that he has no intention of leaving Arsenal.

5th June:

Milan 'target Adebayor'

Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor is reportedly Milan's top summer transfer target.

6th June:

Galliani coy over Adebayor

Milan chief Adriano Galliani has refused to rule out the possibility of landing Emmanuel Adebayor.

6th June:

Adebayor plays down exit talk

Emmanuel Adebayor has played down reports linking him with a summer move to Serie A giants Milan.

6th June:

Wenger vows to keep duo

Arsene Wenger has insisted that Cesc Fabregas and Emmanuel Adebayor will both be staying at Arsenal.

June 8th:

Ade to lead line for Arsenal

Emmanuel Adebayor has reaffirmed his intention to remain at Arsenal as he sets his sights on next season.

June 13th:

Agent - Ade open to Milan move

Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor would be open to a move to Milan, according to his agent.

14th June:

Adebayor set for Arsenal stay

Emmanuel Adebayor appears set to stay at Arsenal following talks with Arsene Wenger over his future.

15th June:

Milan - Adebayor too dear

Milan president Silvio Berlusconi admits Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor could be too expensive for them.

Definitely leaving if you ask me. icon_frown.gif

2 or 3 good signings, not welsh 17 year olds and our squad is more then good enough and big enough to win the Prem and the CL. Our best 11 is still as good/better as Man U's. Bit of a boring statement I know but thats just the way it is.

That really isn't the way it is though.

Originally posted by Ratinho:

United are only going to get better with those players. And they were better to start with. Chelsea are only going to spend more and strengthen.

Like I said before though, how much are Chelsea and United going to improve? Chelsea might play better and become a better side but ultimately I doubt results will improve much. Same goes for United.

And Cheslea will buy players, who's to say they wont replace the likes of Drogba with more Malouda's? United might buy more players too, but they also might lose Cronaldo.

All speculation but assuming Chelsea and United will get better is just as bad as arseneknows assuming we'll improve enough to challenge again.

Originally posted by Ratinho:

Right, wasn't trying to be arsey just had no idea why it amused you so. icon_biggrin.gif

Aliadiere likely to start next season or is it going to be Alves and Tuncay now?

No idea really, Ali offers an awful lot with his pace and off the ball runs, but has finishing that a sunday league player would be ashamed of. Tuncay can be great one minute and an abortion the next. Only thing for sure is Afonso Alves will be playing. Mido is still around as well.

We are supposedly after ex gunner Harper of Reading and his ex midfield partner and gooner Sidwell also.

I will be more than happy if we sign no one as long as we take another 4 points off you lot again.

To be honest if Chelsea do become more attacking or play more open which they probably won't, Mourinho really has left an impression there, then I think there will be less to fear about them. They are much more of a threat if they carry on grinding out results and being hard to play against, especially when we play them.

Lets bring the optimism levels up in this thread a few hundred notches

Where will we finish in the Premiership: 1st

How far in the Champions League: Winners

How far in the FA Cup: Winners

How far in the League Cup: Winners

How many league games will we lose: 0

Who will be the highest scorer: Adebayor

Who will make the most assists: Cesc

Which young player will make the most impact: Carlos Vela

Which player will disappoint the most: None

When will Rosicky make his one and only start next season: October (have to be realistic)

Will Eboue learn how to play football: Nah

Originally posted by josh_b:

What ajw said icon_biggrin.gif

Did Scott do this as well? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">xnellyrx

"ngngngngngngngng" <- save some time and mental suffering and read this, not this ->

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe icon_cool.gif

Predictions that don't state the obvious.

Diaby to boss the midfield along side Fabregas.

Rosicky to stay fit and be the player he can be. (Hleb took 2 seasons to settle remember.)

Eduardo to come back as sharpe as ever.

V Persie to stay fit and be amazing.

Eboue to prove that he is actually a decent energetic versatile player.

Senderos to be just not good enough and be at fault for a lot of goals. Sorry that is stating the obvious.

Predictions 08/09

Where will we finish in the Premiership: I'll be realistic and say 2nd, but hope for First

How far in the Champions League: Final

How far in the FA Cup: Final

How far in the League Cup: Final

How many league games will we lose: 4

Who will be the highest scorer: Van Persie or Adevayor

Who will make the most assists: Fabregas or Walcott

Which young player will make the most impact: Vela

Which player will disappoint the most: Almunia

When will Rosicky make his one and only start next season: Somewhere in November

Will Eboue learn how to play football: Nah

2 or 3 good signings, not welsh 17 year olds and our squad is more then good enough and big enough to win the Prem and the CL. Our best 11 is still as good/better as Man U's. Bit of a boring statement I know but thats just the way it is.

I seriously doubt our starting 11 is better than Man Uniteds, as much as it hurts me to say it, the truth hurts

Originally posted by ajw10:

Carlos :***)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Eduardo to come back as sharpe as ever.

as in Lee? Or as in the tv program? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

????????????????

Originally posted by PaulHartman71:

I seriously doubt our starting 11 is better than Man Uniteds, as much as it hurts me to say it, the truth hurts </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I mostly disagree, if the league was played out on first 11's i think we'd be up there with them. We bossed them at times last season and probably should have won at OT. They can bring people like Hargreaves, Anderson and Nani off the bench though and we can't.

Predictions 08/09

How far in the Champions League: Semis?

How far in the FA Cup: Winners !!

How far in the League Cup: Semis again.

How many league games will we lose: 3

Who will be the highest scorer: Tempted to say V.Persie but he will pick up an injury most probably.

Who will make the most assists: Fabregas

Which young player will make the most impact: Vela/Walcott

Which player will disappoint the most: Djourou

How many games will we lose despite dominating: 1

When will Rosicky make his one and only start next season: January

Will Eboue learn how to play football: Yeah icon_biggrin.gif

Archived