Legends Database 2010 - Official Release -

Deus84

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I so wished this would work on 10.3 for me as that 10.2 patch is a piece of ****. Brilliant DB sadly ruined for me because of the patch issues, I just can't play 10.2 with all those ccc's missed constantly.

Any tips or tricks to get it working with 10.3?

Thanks. :thup:

I so wished this would work on 10.3 for me as that 10.2 patch is a piece of ****. Brilliant DB sadly ruined for me because of the patch issues, I just can't play 10.2 with all those ccc's missed constantly.

Any tips or tricks to get it working with 10.3?

Thanks. :thup:

Look at what people post, read it and it will answer your question.

I tell you how to get the this database working on 10.3 working 2 posts up!

sorted now btw

one more question, how come genie scout wont work with it?

everytime i load it i get this error - invalid arguement to date encode???

i wanted to know too...

genie scout works for it for the 1st few times, then suddenly it just wont work anymore

and it seems, even normal database also cant work :S

I also want to say, if you update this can you include, the famous five that was in Hibs team and the rest of the team named Turnbulls Tornaedos, manager was Eddie Turnbull, that was an exceptional era for hibs, and this would make me so happy to see them in football manager.

I've an idea. Why not make a league structure with 2 divisions, with around 20 teams in each (seeing that you've made ~50 classic teams), with the created classic teams put into those leagues? It would mean more Pele vs Maradona matches ;)

What does everyone feel about this?

I've an idea. Why not make a league structure with 2 divisions, with around 20 teams in each (seeing that you've made ~50 classic teams), with the created classic teams put into those leagues? It would mean more Pele vs Maradona matches

I, for one, would love that. I think someone mentioned it earlier in the thread, but nothing came of it so far.

Has anyone found a way of installing via steam without the automatic updating? Bought the game via steam so got no disc. Want to try and get back to 10.2 but struggling..

Nightmare mate, I have no idea sorry.

Just a quick idea is there a way you could possible go offline on steam and install it that way or disable auto update.

Saying that though if you download the savegame file you can play with 10.3 and there's no problems.

I've an idea. Why not make a league structure with 2 divisions, with around 20 teams in each (seeing that you've made ~50 classic teams), with the created classic teams put into those leagues? It would mean more Pele vs Maradona matches ;)

Any chance you could do this Deus ?

Nah cant install things offline, doesn't seen possible. Tried the saved game though and it works great. Brilliant database!

Yeah thats great that the save game works, it's a shame you can't do it on 10.2 i have installed the game on an External HD and done it that way just to play 10.2 i still have my main game on my normal HD

I can play all the lower leagues aswell on 10.2 it's awesome.

Hi guys. I'm back. I should have passed a pleasant vacation in amsterdam last week-end but because of that f*ucking volcano i've been stuck in amsterdam (and then in paris) and passed the last three day on buses and trains till yesterday :D My update will be out as expected (first days of may)...i will add some players, fix lots of ca/pas and mistakes (as bertmann contract) and i've completely re-made the financial "side" of many teams as well. Cheers.

Hi guys. I'm back. I should have passed a pleasant vacation in amsterdam last week-end but because of that f*ucking volcano i've been stuck in amsterdam (and then in paris) and passed the last three day on buses and trains till yesterday :D My update will be out as expected (first days of may)...i will add some players, fix lots of ca/pas and mistakes (as bertmann contract) and i've completely re-made the financial "side" of many teams as well. Cheers.

Welcome back Deus, Have you had a look at Genie Scout at all...., The reason i ask is because when i load your database into it it says "error - invalid arguement to date encode"

Just wondering if you have encountered this or have a solution for it.

Great work by the way

Some swedish players to add :

Vito Knezevic

Gösta "Knivsta" Sandberg ( only swedish that manage to play in the national team of sweden in 3 sports )

Tommy "Baloo" Berggren

Stefan Rehn ( currently manager of IFK Göteborg )

Hans "Tjalle" Mild

Sigvard "Sigge" Parling

John "Jompa" Eriksson

Arne Arvidsson

Sven Lindman

Could help you with these players ( history and that ) .. Just addy my msn :) , could help you with some other scandinavian players to

Is it possible to make the hibernian side Turnbulls Tornaedos from the 1960s with all five famous five members as well? This would make me and my dad so happy! If not i will just sign pele!

Turnbull’s Tornadoes

Jim Herriot

John Brownlie

Jim Black

John Blackley

Eric Schaedler

Alex Edwards

Pat Stanton

Alex Cropley

Arthur Duncan

Jimmy O’Rourke

Alan Gordon

with some players as back up players i.e

Andy Goram

Franck Sauzee

John Collins

Scott Brown

George Best

and the famous five members

Gordon Smith, Bobby Johnstone, Lawrie Reilly, Eddie Turnbull and Willie Ormond These are all in hibs top 6 all time scorers, hence the greatest attacking line up Scotland has ever seen, they played in the same eleven right after the second World War

This would be my ideal Hibernian FC first team, Please make this?

A little news: as a few users have already said that but i repeat for those who still don't know. My database seems to WORK just fine even with 10.3 patch (withouth the savegame). Just follow the instructions in the first post but:

1) After the game has loaded and there's the manager page SAVE the game, then go in the teams selection menu and let the game crashes (try to pick an english team and it will happen don't worry :D)

2) Start the game again, load the last savegame...now pick your team and the database should work just fine :D

Players that might be a good addition (if they're not in your great database allready):

The Netherlands:

Faas Wilkes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faas_Wilkes

Abe Lenstra http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abe_Lenstra

Wesley Sneijder http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Sneijder

Rafael van der Vaart http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafael_van_der_Vaart

Arjen Robben http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arjen_Robben

Pierre van Hooijdonk (with almost perfect free kick skills, look at UEFA Cup 2002) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_van_Hooijdonk

John de Wolf http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_de_Wolf

Paul Bosvelt http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Bosvelt

Finland:

Jari Litmanen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jari_Litmanen

Belgium:

Jean-Marie Pfaff (goalkeeper) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Marie_Pfaff

Denmark:

Peter Schmeichel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Schmeichel

England:

Ted Bates http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Bates_(footballer)

Uruguay:

Luis Suarez http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Alberto_Su%C3%A1rez

Association of Football Statisticians (AFS) top 100 (based on statistics, though critisized) http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFS_top_100

List of Fifa's top 125 of living footballers (though critisized) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_100

There are some modernday footballers mentioned above. I understand why you deleted a lot of modernday players, but they could be used as youth players perhaps.

i don't believe suarez should be in the game as he's only 22, not proven himself yet in the big leagues or on a world stage and van der vaart robben and sneider coming through at ajax (who i currently manage) would definitely upset the balance as their team is already amazing and their under 19's already having amazing prospects (seedorf, davids, de boer twins, reiziger, van der sar)

Here's some more swedish players :

Thomas Ravelli

Magnus Hedman

Jesper Blomqvist

Håkan Mild

Marcus Allbäck

Kim Källström ( not so old though, 27 now .. But would've be cool to have him in häcken )

Andreas Isaksson ( same as kim, but back in trelleborg )

Fredrik Ljungberg ( if hes not already in )

Mattias Jonson

Oh btw, the game keeps crashing for me when trying to look at information of some big clubs, like Liverpool,Chelsea.

And facepacks still messed up what ever i do :/

i don't believe suarez should be in the game as he's only 22, not proven himself yet in the big leagues or on a world stage and van der vaart robben and sneider coming through at ajax (who i currently manage) would definitely upset the balance as their team is already amazing and their under 19's already having amazing prospects (seedorf, davids, de boer twins, reiziger, van der sar)

That is all true, but with Sneijder, Van der Vaart, Robben and also Van Persie we are talking about the biggest 4 (young(er)) stars of Dutch football. Sneijder and Van der Vaart could be hot prospects of 13 / 14 years old and (if necessary) be placed at their amateur teams for example. That way they come through years after the 1995 CL generation players. (And do not make Ajax unbalanced.) Furthermore could Robben be a hot prospect for FC Groningen, and Suarez for his original team in Uruguay. Van Persie could be a Feyenoord youngster. I know, if Deus does this, then everyone wants to have their (young) stars of today in their youth teams. But perhaps it is possible without unbalancing the game.

Other suggestions:

Anderlecht '76-'83

Club Brugge '75-'78

KV Mechelen '88

Standard Luik (Liege) '82

Feyenoord '70-'74 (with youth from the 2002 generation)

AZ Alkmaar 2002-'09 (Adriaanse / Van Gaal era)

Firstly, I want to say this looks amazing, I saw the 08/09 DB but never played them. So great work and thanks to Deus and anyone who helped him.

Am I right to think there's going to be a new DB in the next week (ish)? I'm not nagging btw, but if there's going to be a new one in the next few weeks then I'll wait before setting up a new game. Thanks :)

Please don't feel the pressure to make all my suggestions. I am just liking this very much and want to help. Nothing more. :thup::)

More ideas:

Schalke 04 '33-'42 or '97 (could also be youth)

Galatasaray 2000 (only team from Turkey to win an European cup)

Besiktas '60s or '90s

Fenerbahce '60s

Zenith St. Petersburg

CSKA Moscow '46-'51

Dinamo Moscow '40s-'50s

Spartak Moscow '96-'01

Dinamo Tblisi '90s

Shaktar Donetsk 2002-2009

Other 1950s Magical Magyars Hungarian teams

Referee: Leo Horn, who was the referee in

1954: England – Hungary 3 – 6

1957: Final EC1 Real Madrid – Fiorentina 2 – 0

1962: Final EC1 Benfica – Real Madrid 5 - 3

1962: WC Chili - 3 matches

The most famous match of Dinamo Kiev is the Death Match, played in World War 2, 1940.

Thanks but there won't be further teams than the ones i mentioned...there will be new players (lots of them), fixed issues/mistakes, completely re-made financial side of all teams, etc. :) thank you very much btw.

Thanks but there won't be further teams than the ones i mentioned...there will be new players (lots of them), fixed issues/mistakes, completely re-made financial side of all teams, etc. :) thank you very much btw.

Hey Deus, Do you think the problem with the 10.3 crash dumps will be fixed in the new update or is that something to do with SI's programming.

That is all true, but with Sneijder, Van der Vaart, Robben and also Van Persie we are talking about the biggest 4 (young(er)) stars of Dutch football. Sneijder and Van der Vaart could be hot prospects of 13 / 14 years old and (if necessary) be placed at their amateur teams for example. That way they come through years after the 1995 CL generation players. (And do not make Ajax unbalanced.) Furthermore could Robben be a hot prospect for FC Groningen, and Suarez for his original team in Uruguay. Van Persie could be a Feyenoord youngster. I know, if Deus does this, then everyone wants to have their (young) stars of today in their youth teams. But perhaps it is possible without unbalancing the game.

Other suggestions:

Anderlecht '76-'83

Club Brugge '75-'78

KV Mechelen '88

Standard Luik (Liege) '82

Feyenoord '70-'74 (with youth from the 2002 generation)

AZ Alkmaar 2002-'09 (Adriaanse / Van Gaal era)

I know i was just wondering, when would the new update be out can't wait to start a new game i love this database

WHY just have all the teams from a certian time,why not just make teams of legends with players from throughout the clubs history.

WHY just have all the teams from a certian time,why not just make teams of legends with players from throughout the clubs history.

well one reason would be the teams are well too unbalanced, imagine arsenal with thierry henry, dennis bergkamp, ian wright and cliff bastin all at their peak ages being amazing or manchester united with cronaldo, wayne rooney, peter schmeichel, eric cantona, ole gunnar solskjear, andy cole plus all the '68 legends.

and i can't imagine what it'd mean for international football

well one reason would be the teams are well too unbalanced, imagine arsenal with thierry henry, dennis bergkamp, ian wright and cliff bastin all at their peak ages being amazing or manchester united with cronaldo, wayne rooney, peter schmeichel, eric cantona, ole gunnar solskjear, andy cole plus all the '68 legends.

and i can't imagine what it'd mean for international football

You can allready have a Dutch team with Bergkamp, Van Basten en Cruijff, so I don't know if it will make a big difference. To have it this way, you can compare the best teams of different eras with eachother. And if you want, you can buy those extra starplayers, as a lot of them are allready in this database.