[FM10] When The Saints Go Marching In - Crouchy's Mighty Saints Save!

crouchaldinho

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manager Comments for April 2032:

CHAMPIONS!

We beat Bristol City away, Newcastle away and then secured the title with three games to spare with a home win over Reading.

This title felt like one of the best ones that I have won with the Saints, in all truth. This is particularly because of the fact that we have been selling a lot over the last couple of seasons and not really having the money to replace like with like. Just look at the beginning of this season, where I raised a huge £110m, letting several big name players go. With no money for top class replacements, I had to be a bit canny in the transfer market and to make things work for me. It was a challenge to bring the squad back up to standard but I felt we did it, spending only £20. And so it proved, as we secured another Premier League title.

In the European Cup, we knocked out Manchester City and then beat AS Roma over two legs in the semi-final.

In the FA Cup, we got through to the final after beating Everton in the semis. Is another treble on? :eek:

You'll have to wait to find out! ;)

Current League Position:

| Pos   | Inf   | Team         |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
[b]| 1st   | C     | St. Albans   |       | 36    | 29    | 3     | 4     | 88    | 23    | +65   | 90    | [/b]
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Man City     |       | 36    | 25    | 7     | 4     | 53    | 17    | +36   | 82    | 
| 3rd   |       | Chelsea      |       | 36    | 20    | 8     | 8     | 50    | 26    | +24   | 68    | 
| 4th   |       | Arsenal      |       | 36    | 20    | 7     | 9     | 39    | 22    | +17   | 67    | 
| 5th   |       | Liverpool    |       | 36    | 18    | 11    | 7     | 52    | 30    | +22   | 65    | 

COYS! gialloblu.gif

Staying on topic for another post, before I start chatting all things Minecraft again, it has just occurred to me that I will have to give Dafuge's Challenge a go on FM12 for the first time ever! With the Saints having been relegated in real life last season, they actually qualify for the challenge for the first time since D. has been doing the challenge. So I surely have to be up for tackling the most famous challenge on the forums with my favourite club, right! :)

What do you guys think? Should I go for it? :D

Right, now more Minecraft. :o

Oh Crouchy I can make it super hard if I want I could make a field a Ghast spawners if thats the kinda thing you like :p

If you want something thats more of a challenge look here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/191908-ctmcollection-☠-vechs-super-hostile-series-☠

I don't find Ghasts that hard to kill actually. Some good bow and arrow skills will do the job! I killed two on 1.8 already using the new charged bow and arrow system.

Combat on 1.8 is much more awesome than before, it must be said!

By the way, I did have a go at one of those Super Hostile maps, some time ago now. I had a go at the crazy jungle type one. I think I must have died hundreds of times on that map, it was so hard!

To be honest though, I just prefer a bit of 'vanilla' Minecraft, with lots of exploring and fighting thrown in. I also like the occasional 'survival island' challenge or the challenges where you have to live underground etc.

Yes

Ha, ha! Welcome to the club Iacovone!

What a game it is!

It's great isn't it? Spent ages building a fairly average house before exploring the island and now have climbed the most enormous set of mountains and built a house/castle into the side of one of them. Killed a couple of Endermen too.

Sounds like you're doing quite well. In all honesty, I found Minecraft a steepish learning curve. Maybe because I'm not much of a gamer really. I remember, in my first world, I was totally useless and kept dying in lava. I was hopeless at fighting bad guys and had no real idea how to get them to stop spawning by putting lights up. I also had little idea how to find diamond. All in all, I was a bit hopeless generally.

I also remember on my first world that I kept hearing spider noises but had no idea where they were coming from. I went back to my first world recently to check it out and discovered that there was a spider dungeon right next to my base. I think when I first started out on Minecraft, I didn't even have a clue about dungeons. In the chests, I found a gold record (pretty rare)! Weird to think how hopeless I was at playing first of all!

Now I consider myself to be pretty decent and I know most of the tricks. I've done some of the more 'advanced' stuff as well, such as created a skeleton dungeon mob trap for quick collection of large amounts of arrows and bones. I've also used Nether travel portals to travel great distances in my worlds. I've used the Nether to connect to areas of interest and other homes that I have far away in my world, as well as just generally heading off to the West and exploring to find different biomes and interesting terrain/caves/ new areas to explore. I've also completed big projects like building a 1km sky rail for minecarts to travel to the north in my world (and then a 2km one to the West).

Before 1.8 came out, I also made sure that I completed all of the achievements in my 1.7.3 world. When I finished my 1km sky rail, I obviously got the 'on a rail' achievement. Then I just had the flying pig, or whatever it's called, to go. I thought that I would never manage it but I found a pig on the edge of a cliff. Managed to get back to my house and get a saddle before it despawned. Then finally managed to complete the achievement by waiting until the pig was right on the edge of the cliff and then hit him whilst riding him so that he fell off. I hope in the future they add more achievements because it feels like there should be more, and definitely more long-term ones.

Anyway, I really can't recommend Lorgon111's YouTube series enough - http://www.youtube.com/user/lorgon111 - I got loads of great hints and tips from that. He plays in pretty much the same way I like to play. Worth watching from the start, in my opinion, as some of his adventures are pretty amazing.

Meow, kitty's got claws!

Jackripper really seems to hate Minecraft for some reason! Wonder what he thinks of Terraria! ;)

I absolutely pooed myself when I first saw one, then realised they're neutral until you stare at them. Then I accidentally stared at it and it opened its mouth and went mental, I ran away and then laughed at it when I realised it was dying in the stream behind me

I haven't found the Endermen too much of a challenge. They're quite polite really, standing quite still while I shoot my arrows at them!

I think this thread needs a namechange to "Official FMCU Minecraft Thread"...

We should definitely have one of those! That would be great!

I think the hardest things to kill are actually skeletons, unless you happen to have a bow yourself.

I find that my arch nemesis is always the creeper. Skeletons, I can dodge and take down, even if I only have a sword. Creepers, I can generally kill, if I see them first and have space to manoeuvre. But the most common cause of me dying is a creeper falling on my head, or coming out of the darkness suddenly, or surprising me without warning. Then I seem to lose the power of rational thought, and I usually do something stupid like occidentally press 'Q' to throw my diamond sword at them, and then..... sssssssssssss.... BOOM! I'm gone and so is my sword!

Crouchie you gonna bless us with more updates?

Yeah, sorry, there will be more updates. I've had some issues transferring stuff over to my new computer but I should be up and running now!

One last Minecraft post. Then more FM updates, I promise!

How are you guys who are playing Minecraft finding the new 1.8 update? Personally, I love it. I've always preferred exploring, adventuring and fighting on Minecraft, so I love the new content.

I'm also loving the new terrain. My first 1.8 world has been amazing so far. I spawned looking towards this awesome looking floaty island:

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz40/Crouchaldinho_SACFC/2011-09-16_150314.png

There are also a ton of caves open to the surface nearby:

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz40/Crouchaldinho_SACFC/2011-09-16_150327.png

They are all interconnecting and lead really far down into the world.

In addition to this, I found a spider dungeon near my spawn point, an abandoned mine shaft near my huge cave systems, and an NPC village the other side of the floaty island. No sign of my world's stronghold yet though.

So, the new terrain seems awesome to me. The one bad thing about the new terrain is that I miss the snow! I'm told it's coming back in 1.9 though and I'm glad because I love the snow biomes.

'Spelunking' on 1.8 is also more awesome now. The other evening, I had an awesome spelunking trip. Came out with 3 and a half full stacks of iron, 8 diamonds, 4 slimeballs, 1 and a half stack of lapis, 39 gold and 13 gunpowder. I love the new cave systems, which are much less predictable than before.

I'm not sure that I could go back to 1.7 now as I would miss too much new stuff. For me, I think sprinting would be one of the first things I would miss. It's so useful to cover a lot of ground in this way. Just walking everywhere would be so frustrating now. I'd also miss the ability to send creepers flying through a sprint attack!

Next, I would badly miss the ability to charge bows. Having to right-click five times to kill anything would be a drag now. Charging the bow up, taking aim and firing a full charged bow twice kills most stuff and, let's face it, it's far more awesome than the old bow system. In fact, the whole combat system is now much more awesome than before.

In addition to the above features, I've decided that I would actually miss the new hunger/regenerating health system. I enjoy setting up my wheat and melon farms. To go back to having to eat every time I take damage would suck now. And just one right-click and the pork chop is gone under the old system would totally suck.

Finally, I would badly miss the lighting, which looks much cooler on 1.8. I love the glow of the torch and I can also see a bit further into caves in order to spot enemies in the distance under the new lighting scheme.

So in general I'm delighted with the update. The only stuff I'm missing from 1.7 is the snow biomes and spawning on sand. Snow biomes were one my favourites. I'm also sick of spawning on top of trees!

100%! I may try the same with Harlow Town FC but within a journeyman career. That's going to be my FM12 plans. Massive journeyman career whilst trying to complete as many of the small to big club challenges available.

You'll have to cut back on the Minecraft in order to achieve that! ;)

I'll probably do a Dafuge's Challenge separately, to be honest. I'm definitely tempted by it now that the Saints are unfortunately down at step 3. :(

That sounds like a fantastic idea! If you don't do it, I'll be starting my journeyman save with them

You should do anyway!

I'll have to do the Dafuge's Challenge, I think. It's basically an obligation now I've realised, isn't it? :D

Congrats on the title as well - always satisfying to keep the level of performance high whilst raking the cash in simultaneously.

Thanks SnakeXe. Now just to try for the FA Cup and European Cup. To get a second treble in a row would be astonishing.

BTW, we're not really raking in the cash. It's all going towards paying off debts and the stadium loan. :(

Looks like an abandoned mine! Watch out for the blue cave spiders.

I see you found Rei's minimap. That's a quality mod. The only one I run because it's really awesome!

I find it purely from reading your posts recommending it! It was the only thing I was interested in as exploring without one felt a bit frustrating. It was very disappointing to find a cool area to explore and not remember where it was if I had to head back to my home! So thanks for that :thup:

It was indeed an abandoned mine. I didn't find any blue spiders - just endermen and creepers. There was a spider dungeon too but that was taken care of fairly swiftly. Resurfaced after a while to find it had an entrance in the ocean seabed. A huge underwater cavern; very cool.

Some great screengrabs there crouchy/iacovone :)

1.8 is definitely my favourite update so far, it's really improved the way the terrain looks - still not found a stronghold yet though.

I started a new map for the update and spawned on a fairly small and boring island in the middle of quite a large and deep ocean - no other significant landmasses within render distance so I chopped down the one tree on the island, planted the saplings that dropped from it, and sank a helical shaft straight down to bedrock hoping to find a cave system. Didn't breach one with the initial tunnel but I'd heard loud mob noises at a couple of points, so knocked some tunnels through in those places and found a couple of systems :D

The first had a few resources and a stream in it, but not much else except a dungeon! So I knocked through the wall and that was when the brown trousers moment I mentioned earlier came as 3 creepers and a couple of zombies leaped out of the darkness at me - I managed to kill one creeper before another blew up and took out his mate and the two zombies as well. I was quite worried/excited I'd actually found a creeper spawner, as I'd be able to farm TNT with a mob trap, but turned out it was just a zombie spawner after all.

The other cave system was absolutely massive - and incorporated my first subterranean rivine! Explored that one for ages, found a spider spawning dungeon, found my first enderman, but then was intrigued by the fact that there was water streaming in to the rivine through the top in quite large quantities. I managed to get about 3/4 of the way up the rivine using the natural cave systems around it but then I just had to mine myself a staircase into the side to get up the last little bit.

When I reached the top, I tried to open my way out around the water inflow to try and not disturb it too much, but wherever I was I had water come down on me. In the end I gave up as I figured there must be a large underground lake above me, so just swam up the waterfall.

It turned out the water flowing in was the sea through a massive 12x12 (or so) hole in the ocean floor!

I then got bored of my little island so set sail for pastures new. Turned out there was maybe 2 or 3 islands in the range of one map from my island - the ocean was huge - but I found one decent sized island, plus this - a tiny island absolutely crawling with mobs!

I also made my first Android app the other day. It's rubbish and only says "Hello" but I don't care :D

FA Cup Final 2032 - Chelsea v St. Albans City

With part one of the defence of our treble successfully completed (i.e. the league title), we moved on to part two - the FA Cup!

Unfortunately, it just wasn't to be:

StAlbansvChelsea-5.png

Not really sure how we didn't win this game. We had chances and were the more attacking side but just couldn't put the ball in the back of the net.

Unfortunately, penalties failed us again. Michael Ball, one of our players of the season missed, as did his long-term replacement, Robbie Spencer. Really disappointing. I'm not totally gutted though, to be honest, as this has still been an amazing season and we still have the Champions League final to come!

Now on to the European Cup Final, which is being held at Lampard Park, London!

The Champions League final will be a replay of the 2031 final as we meet Atletico Madrid once again.

Could we win our second consecutive Champions League title and our third CL title overall?

I'll leave it a while before I upload the screenshot of the final as I'm interested to see what you guys predict! So, get predicting and I'll be back later with the result of this final.

Champions League Final 2032 - St. Albans City v Atletico Madrid

StAlbansvAtMadrid-2.png

Well done to Luton Town, who got the right scoreline, if not the right chain of events!

In the end, it was won comfortably enough, but it was much closer than I expected and we didn't really perform as well as I would have hoped that we would.

Regardless, this is my third Champions League title and, overall, it feels like one of the best. Delighted! :)

20091026011547!St_albans.png

UPDATE FOR MAY 2032:

May2032-1.jpg

Final League Table:

| Pos   | Inf   | Team         |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
[b]| 1st   | C     | St. Albans   |       | 38    | 31    | 3     | 4     | 91    | 23    | +68   | 96    | [/b]
| 2nd   |       | Man City     |       | 38    | 25    | 8     | 5     | 53    | 18    | +35   | 83    | 
| 3rd   |       | Chelsea      |       | 38    | 21    | 9     | 8     | 55    | 29    | +26   | 72    | 
| 4th   |       | Arsenal      |       | 38    | 21    | 7     | 10    | 41    | 24    | +17   | 70    | 
| 5th   |       | Liverpool    |       | 38    | 19    | 11    | 8     | 54    | 33    | +21   | 68    | 
| 6th   |       | Man Utd      |       | 38    | 17    | 11    | 10    | 47    | 33    | +14   | 62    | 
| 7th   |       | Stoke        |       | 38    | 14    | 11    | 13    | 53    | 46    | +7    | 53    | 
| 8th   |       | Walsall      |       | 38    | 15    | 8     | 15    | 36    | 39    | -3    | 53    | 
| 9th   |       | Reading      |       | 38    | 15    | 6     | 17    | 48    | 52    | -4    | 51    | 
| 10th  |       | Everton      |       | 38    | 13    | 11    | 14    | 50    | 47    | +3    | 50    | 
| 11th  |       | Aston Villa  |       | 38    | 12    | 13    | 13    | 38    | 41    | -3    | 49    | 
| 12th  |       | West Ham     |       | 38    | 13    | 10    | 15    | 45    | 57    | -12   | 49    | 
| 13th  |       | Ipswich      |       | 38    | 14    | 6     | 18    | 63    | 73    | -10   | 48    | 
| 14th  |       | Tottenham    |       | 38    | 10    | 9     | 19    | 42    | 60    | -18   | 39    | 
| 15th  |       | Bristol City |       | 38    | 9     | 11    | 18    | 27    | 48    | -21   | 38    | 
| 16th  |       | West Brom    |       | 38    | 9     | 9     | 20    | 38    | 67    | -29   | 36    | 
| 17th  |       | Southampton  |       | 38    | 8     | 11    | 19    | 35    | 55    | -20   | 35    | 
| 18th  | R     | Newcastle    |       | 38    | 8     | 9     | 21    | 41    | 54    | -13   | 33    | 
| 19th  | R     | Rotherham    |       | 38    | 8     | 9     | 21    | 35    | 63    | -28   | 33    | 
| 20th  | R     | Leeds        |       | 38    | 8     | 8     | 22    | 32    | 62    | -30   | 32    | 

COYS! gialloblu.gif

Crouchy's Mighty Saints Save - St. Albans City in the Premier League (Season Twenty Three at Clarence Park [now the St. Albans Stadium!] - 2031/32)

20091026011547!St_albans.png

We've dominated domestically in recent seasons and last season finally had success in Europe after a long wait. It was more or less the case that I wanted to carry on in the same way this season. There were, however, to be difficulties, as I made some major sales in order to help our financial situation. It gave me a real challenge this season to keep up the standards that the club has become used to, whilst also managing with much less in the way of resources.

League Table - Another very good season in the league. At one point, it looked like Man City might be close but in the end we were way in front. We finished 13 points clear. Nice goal difference too, with 91 scored and just 23 conceded. Very happy indeed!

FA Cup - Runners-up. Beaten on pens which was disappointing.

League Cup - Beaten by Chelsea in the quarters. Wasn't too bothered as the League Cup was the lowest priority.

UEFA Champions League - WINNERS! We successfully defended our title. Some more great European nights in St. Albans! :D One of the highlights was beating Man City over two legs in the quarters.

Club World Cup - WINNERS! Easily secured in the end.

European Super Cup- WINNERS!

Transfers:

StAlbansCity-6-12.png

A massive amount of business done here. The club has been in debt for a while, so I've had to do a lot of selling over the last few seasons to get us out of debt and to free up some funds. I took some risks this year, signing older players and unproven ones in order to get by on low funds. We also saw some big names moving on for big money. In the end, I feel that I made some good decisions. Antonio proved to be an excellent defender and Ariel Nobile added experience and tenacity to the midfield. Those were the two highlights and I was pleased with the business I did here.

Michel Vermeer Goal Watch! - Another outstanding season from Vermeer. He was once again playing as the lone striker with someone behind him playing as an AMC withdrawn forward/inside forward. He scored 37 league goals in 36 league games. Overall, in all competitions, he netted 57 goals in 58 games. He continues to amaze!

Key players:

Michel Vermeer - As above. Simply amazing and I love this guy!

Michael Ball - Given a playmaking role again this season and absolutely thrived in it. 33 assists is a new club record and he also scored 7 goals. Great stuff from the central midfielder. He was given extra creative freedom and often produced the unexpected to set up or score some key goals. Fantastic.

Antonio - An unproven and relatively young defender in his first season with St. Albans City. Was magnificent putting in some superb performances to keep us rock solid at the back. Very pleased.

Guillermo Decima - 12 goals and 23 assists is a great return. Is probably the best wide player of his generation.

Grace Ngome - The captain had a rough start to the season but eventually picked up and started to get back to his best, scoring goals and making things happen in the final third. Played in the AMC spot, causing trouble in the hole and working well with Vermeer.

Cups:

| Season 	| Champions Lge	| Europa League	| FA Cup	| League Cup	|  FL Trophy	| FA Trophy		
|-----------------------------------------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------
| 09/10 (BSS) 	| 		|		| 3rd Rnd    	| 		|  		| 3rd Qual Rnd 
| 10/11 (BSS) 	| 		|		| 1st Rnd    	|    		|  		| 1st Rnd
| 11/12 (BSS) 	| 		|		| 2nd Rnd    	|  		|  		| 1st Rnd
| 12/13 (BSP) 	| 		|		| 2nd Rnd    	|  		|  		| 3rd Rnd
| 13/14 (BSP)	| 		|		| 3rd Rnd    	| 		|  		| 1st Rnd
| 14/15 (L2) 	| 		|		| 3rd Rnd    	| 1st Rnd 	|  1st Rnd	| 
| 15/16 (L1) 	|		| 		| 1st Rnd    	| 2nd Rnd 	|  S Semi	| 
| 16/17 (L1) 	| 		|		| 3rd Rnd    	| 2nd Rnd 	|  1st Rnd	| 
| 17/18 (Ch) 	| 		|		| 3rd Rnd    	| 2nd Rnd 	|    		| 
| 18/19 (Ch) 	| 		|		| 5th Rnd    	| 3rd Rnd 	|    		| 
| 19/20 (Ch) 	| 		|		| 3rd Rnd    	| 3rd Rnd 	|  	  	| 
| 20/21 (Pr) 	| 		|		| WINNERS!  	| 3rd Rnd 	|  	  	| 
| 21/22 (Pr) 	|		| Semi-finals	| 5th Round  	| Runners-up 	|  	  	| 
| 22/23 (Pr) 	| Runners-up	| 		| WINNERS!	| Semi-finals 	|  	  	| 
| 23/24 (Pr) 	| Semi-finals	| 		| WINNERS!	| WINNERS! 	|  	  	| 
| 24/25 (Pr) 	| WINNERS!	| 		| 5th Rnd	| WINNERS! 	|  	  	| 
| 25/26 (Pr) 	| 1st KO Rnd	| 		| 5th Rnd	| 3rd Rnd 	|  	  	| 
| 26/27 (Pr) 	| 1st KO Rnd	| 		| 6th Rnd	| WINNERS! 	|  	  	| 
| 27/28 (Pr) 	| Semi-finals	| 		| WINNERS!	| WINNERS! 	|  	  	| 
| 28/29 (Pr) 	| Runners-up	| 		| WINNERS!	| QFs		|  	  	| 
| 29/30 (Pr) 	| Runners-up	| 		| Semi finals	| 4th Rnd	|  	  	| 
| 30/31 (Pr) 	| WINNERS!	| 		| WINNERS!	| 3rd Rnd	|  	  	| 
| 31/32 (Pr) 	| WINNERS!	| 		| Runners-up	| QFs		|  	  	| 

League:

Season      	Team      		League      	Position   	Achievements & Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10      	St. Albans City   	BSS	    	4th      	FA Cup 3rd Rnd
2010/11		St. Albans City   	BSS	    	2nd      	Play-off finalists
2011/12		St. Albans City   	BSS	    	[b]1st		[/b][b]BSS Champions[/b], Manager of the Season
2012/13		St. Albans City   	BSP	    	5th      	
2013/14		St. Albans City		BSP		[b]1st		[/b][b]BSP Champions[/b], Manager of the Season
2014/15		St. Albans City		CCL2		[b]1st		[/b][b]League Two Champions[/b], Manager of the Season
2015/16		St. Albans City		CCL1		3rd		Play-off finalists
2016/17		St. Albans City		CCL1		2nd		Automatic Promotion
2017/18		St. Albans City		CCCh		7th		
2018/19		St. Albans City		CCCh		4th		Play-off finalists
2019/20		St. Albans City		CCCh		2nd		Automatic Promotion
2020/21		St. Albans City		Prem		10th		[b]FA Cup Winners[/b]
2021/22		St. Albans City		Prem		2nd		CShield winners. League Cup runners-up
2022/23		St. Albans City		Prem		2nd		CShield winners. [b]FA Cup Winners![/b] CL runners-up
2023/24		St. Albans City		Prem		[b]1st[/b]		[b]Domestic treble: PL title, FA Cup & League Cup![/b] 
2024/25		St. Albans City		Prem		2nd		CShield winners. [b]Champions League & League Cup winners![/b] 
2025/26		St. Albans City		Prem		[b]1st[/b]		[b]Premier League winners![/b] Club World Cup & Euro Super Cup winners
2026/27		St. Albans City		Prem		[b]1st[/b]		CShield Winners. [b]Premier League and League Cup winners![/b] 
2027/28		St. Albans City		Prem		[b]1st[/b]		CShield Winners. [b]Domestic treble: PL title, FA Cup & League Cup![/b] 
2028/29		St. Albans City		Prem		[b]1st[/b]		CShield Winners. [b]Domestic double: PL title & FA Cup![/b] 
2029/30		St. Albans City		Prem		[b]1st[/b]		CShield Winners. [b]PL title![/b]
2030/31		St. Albans City		Prem		[b]1st[/b]		CShield Winners. [b]The Treble: PL title, FA Cup & CL![/b]
2031/32		St. Albans City		Prem		[b]1st[/b]		[b]The double: PL title & CL![/b] Club World Cup & Euro Super Cup winners

Next Season

This season has been my favourite since I've been playing this particular save. It may not have been as obviously successful as our treble season or our unbeaten domestic season. However, this season just felt great to me. I think we played some great football and I thought that the side really came together and performed well when it needed to. We also got better at grinding out results and I think I saw the very best of some players. In addition to all of this, I felt like this season took lots of my managerial nous in order to remain successful and to fight on all fronts, in particular because we sold a number of high profile players over the last few years.

Next season, I want to do the same again! I really want to win another Champions League. I had experienced so many disasters in Europe prior to the recent success that I'm desperate to follow the last two season up with more European titles to make up for it!

I also want to work hard to continuing to rebuild this squad. I want to create a tight-knit bunch of players who will fight for results. Certain players in the squad will be heading into their 30s soon, so long-term replacements will need to be found. So there is still work to do!

I'm also desperate to improve the youth and training facilities. We've lacked the money to do it recently so we're dwindling behind on that front. It would be nice to bring some young players through and to find the next Dean Smith or Robbie Spencer, who are the only two decent youngsters who have come through in the last decade really.

My managerial record at the Saints (2009 - Present [8005 days]):

P 	W 	D 	L 	F	A	Win % 		Competitions Won
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1291	794	287	210	2456	1083	61.50%		Champions League (2025, 2031, 2032)
							Premier League (2024, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2031, 2032)
							FA Cup (2021, 2023, 2024, 2028, 2029, 2031)
							League Cup (2024, 2025, 2027, 2028)
							Coca-Cola League Two (2015)
							Blue Square Premier (2014)
							Blue Square South (2012)									
							FIFA Club World Cup (2025, 2032)
							UEFA European Super Cup (2025, 2031)				
							Community Shield (2021, 2022, 2024, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030)

Final bit of my season 2031/32 report is the player stats and the Best XI!

| Pkd   | Inf   | Name                | Position     | Apps    | Gls   | Ast   | MoM   | Av Rat| Age   | Nat   | Value   | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK    | Hol   | Phil Hughes         | GK           | 60      | -     | -     | 3     | 7.03  | 24    | ENG   | £19.75M | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| DR    | Hol   | Tommy Parker        | D R          | 22 (3)  | -     | 3     | -     | 7.20  | 33    | ENG   | £4.2M   | 
| DL    | Hol   | Cristobal Alonso    | D LC, M L    | 47 (2)  | 3     | 7     | 1     | 7.32  | 30    | ESP   | £19.75M | 
| DC    | Hol   | Antonio             | D C          | 56      | 8     | -     | 3     | 7.36  | 22    | ESP   | £15M    | 
| DC    | Hol   | Emrah Kuyumcu       | D RC         | 13 (11) | 2     | 1     | 1     | 7.09  | 26    | ENG   | £6M     | 
| MR    | Hol   | Guillermo Décima    | WB/AM R      | 47 (1)  | 12    | 23    | 11    | 7.61  | 30    | ARG   | £31.5M  | 
| ML    | Hol   | Alan Thomas         | AM RL        | 39 (8)  | 13    | 9     | 2     | 7.31  | 25    | ENG   | £19.75M | 
| MC    | Hol   | Francisco José      | D/M C        | 54 (5)  | 4     | 4     | 1     | 7.02  | 22    | ESP   | £18.75M | 
| MC    | Hol   | Armando Ferrara     | DM, M C      | 18 (25) | 4     | 9     | 2     | 7.12  | 27    | ITA   | £32M    | 
| AMC   | Hol   | Grace Ngome         | AM/F C       | 48 (6)  | 18    | 8     | 3     | 7.20  | 30    | ENG   | £21.5M  | 
| ST    | Hol   | Michel Vermeer      | ST           | 58 (1)  | 57    | 15    | 15    | 7.77  | 31    | NED   | £14M    | 
| S1    | Hol   | Matthias Rudnik     | GK           | 4       | -     | -     | -     | 6.90  | 34    | GER   | £725K   | 
| S2    | Hol   | Juan Ignacio        | D C          | 12 (6)  | 1     | 1     | -     | 6.99  | 29    | ESP   | £5.75M  | 
| S3    | Inj   | Michael Ball        | M RLC        | 46 (8)  | 7     | 33    | 5     | 7.51  | 30    | ENG   | £23M    | 
| S4    | Hol   | Jack Cole           | AM RL        | 20 (18) | 4     | 4     | -     | 7.03  | 28    | ENG   | £18.25M | 
| S5    | Hol   | Laudenísio          | AM/F C       | 3 (9)   | 3     | 1     | 2     | 7.24  | 21    | BRA   | £5.75M  | 
| S6    | Hol   | John Graham         | AM RC, F C   | 15 (40) | 10    | 4     | 1     | 6.88  | 23    | SCO   | £17.75M | 
| S7    | Hol   | Ross Hutchinson     | ST           | 5 (11)  | 3     | -     | -     | 6.74  | 25    | ENG   | £20.5M  | 
| -     | Hol   | David Marrow        | ST           | 1 (1)   | 1     | -     | -     | 6.85  | 35    | ENG   | £70K    | 
| -     | Inj   | Ariel Nobile        | DM, M C      | 49 (3)  | 6     | 8     | -     | 7.08  | 33    | ITA   | £2.4M   | 
| -     | Hol   | Rodrigo             | D C, DM, M C | 10 (6)  | -     | 3     | -     | 6.87  | 33    | BRA   | £1.1M   | 
| -     | Hol   | Dean Smith YP11     | D RL         | 39 (2)  | -     | 4     | -     | 7.21  | 28    | ENG   | £10.5M  | 
| -     | Hol   | Matt Connor         | D RL, WB L   | 20 (1)  | -     | 5     | -     | 7.48  | 23    | ENG   | £7M     | 
| -     | Hol   | Robbie Spencer YP15 | M C          | 4 (8)   | -     | 4     | -     | 6.71  | 23    | ENG   | £7.25M  | 
| -     | Hol   | Arnaud Herrmann     | ST           | 1       | 3     | 2     | 1     | 9.80  | 20    | FRA   | £4.9M   | 
| -     | Hol   | Michael Gray        | AM RLC       | 13 (18) | 1     | 4     | -     | 6.95  | 19    | ENG   | £5.25M  | 

Best XI of the season:

Coming soon!

Overall Best XI:

Coming soon!

Report on the overall Best XI - Where are they now?

Coming soon!

• 2 months later...
Have you abandoned this thread now?

Come on, FM10 is calling you!

Thanks for the message Pangaea.

It's not abandoned as such. I would like to come back to this save at some point, especially as I want to see out the career of Michel Vermeer.

It's more that I just haven't been playing any FM at all.

I did want to start a career thread for the new FM12 release. However, I've loaded it up on several occasions but barely played it.

I think it's mainly just a matter of not having much time right now. Plus, most of my spare 'gaming' time is being taken up by Minecraft!

The trouble with a new FM these days is that it takes a bit of effort and time for me when I start playing a new version of the game. For me personally, it's not as pick up and play as it used to be, but that could be because I skipped the last version before the current one.

I do miss FM. Maybe I will get into it more over Christmas when I'll have more time to play.

FM10 was a lot of fun and probably my favourite version of the series looking back now. I take it that you are still sticking with FM10 then Pangaea?

I need to catch up with reading people's career threads. Regardless of whether I'm playing or not, I'm still an FMer at heart, and I still enjoy reading the FMCU threads.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying their careers. :)

Thanks for the message Pangaea.

It's not abandoned as such. I would like to come back to this save at some point, especially as I want to see out the career of Michel Vermeer.

It's more that I just haven't been playing any FM at all.

I did want to start a career thread for the new FM12 release. However, I've loaded it up on several occasions but barely played it.

I think it's mainly just a matter of not having much time right now. Plus, most of my spare 'gaming' time is being taken up by Minecraft!

The trouble with a new FM these days is that it takes a bit of effort and time for me when I start playing a new version of the game. For me personally, it's not as pick up and play as it used to be, but that could be because I skipped the last version before the current one.

I do miss FM. Maybe I will get into it more over Christmas when I'll have more time to play.

FM10 was a lot of fun and probably my favourite version of the series looking back now. I take it that you are still sticking with FM10 then Pangaea?

I need to catch up with reading people's career threads. Regardless of whether I'm playing or not, I'm still an FMer at heart, and I still enjoy reading the FMCU threads.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying their careers. :)

Playing as we speak, with a storm raging outside :)

Haven't bought FM11 or FM12 as I'm not entirely happy with what has happened in them. As you say things take too much time now. It's not a pick up and play game. Too much micromanagement for my liking now, bad micromanagement. But I am still loving FM10, despite its poor match engine (not that the new FMs are much better here, still miles off properly recreating football). Played another season of my career game. But can't update the thread as I'm missing some Excel files for those cumbersome Top 100 clubs and so forth. It's on a different computer.

Minecraft? Pfft :D You're a manager at heart, not a Lego builder (or whatever people do in that game ;))

I can imagine this save has become somewhat stale though. Basically auto-winning ain't all that much fun, even if you get to watch the careers of some magnificent players such as Vermeer. It was that way for me at least on the previous FM10 save. Waiting for a new stadium was the only game in town, and that was 10-ish seasons off. So off to Walton I went.

Hope you come back though. I don't follow a lot of threads here, but yours is one I liked reading.

Totally understand the absence, however. Haven't played FM myself for about 3 months now. But it was fun to get back to it.

• 6 months later...
Do you have a dozen saves on the go or something Crouchy? :D

Something like that! :D

Well, obviously this isn't on the go as such. Last time I played it was 2011!

I'd like to come back to this save though. I have FM10 installed and this game is still primed and ready to go, don't you worry about it Nobby!

But yeah, I have been known to have a few games on the go. I get value out of the FMs for sure. :D I had three saves on FM10 including this one and I've currently got two on FM12 but I'm thinking of maybe starting a third, which is a sign that I'm enjoying FM12 quite a bit!

Maybe it's the sign of a man with little social life but I've always found a social life to be overrated anyway! Luckily I married a woman who doesn't expect me to attend too many social events and doesn't mind if I play a healthy dose of FM now and then! ;)

• 4 months later...

After my final season on FM12 and before my first on FM13, I decided to return to this save on FM10 and play another season.

I had an absolute blast both because this save is totally awesome and FM10 is also brilliant and fun to play too!

It made me realise that I should try to come back to this save now and then to continue my attempts to achieve various goals including Michel Vermeer breaking new records and getting a new stadium for the mighty Saints with my name on it!

I don't think I will be regularly updating this thread any more but I will add any interesting screenshots or information I come across when I come back to this save, especially if I finally manage to achieve some of my goals that are left in this save.

So the next post will follow with some screenshots of season 2033/34.

Michel Vermeer sets a new record for goals in a Premier League season breaking his own previous record!

A switch back to 4-4-2 and some tactical tweaks sees us setting a new record for Premier League goals

The Saints make it eight Premier League titles in a row!

Michel Vermeer finally becomes the all time record league goalscorer for St. Albans City FC beating the previous (real life) record holder Steve Clark. That's 326 league goals for Michel Vermeer! This was the big one that I have been hoping Vermeer would reach for some time now. Felt amazing to finally see this screen come up!

Crouchy's dominance of the Manager of the Year award continues!

Here is the legend himself: Michel Vermeer! I love this guy! He's 32 now so the decline will set in during the next few seasons. Better enjoy them while he continues to be so awesome!

My other favourite is midfield playmaker Michael Ball. Another player the wrong side of 30. It will hurt me when both he and Vermeer decide to hang up their boots!

This is still a great save and FM10 is still one of the very best versions of FM as far as I am concerned.

It's likely that I'll pick this save up infrequently and whenever I feel like a change so I won't be playing it regularly. Having said that, I do have several reasons in my mind to keep on playing.

I'll keep this thread updated with future screenshots should anything of note happen when I play again.

Awesome effort. Those old saves are always worth heading back to in my opinion, I love em. :D

Thanks! :) Me too!

FM10-12 has been a golden era for FM I think, all excellent games. Hopefully FM13 will prove the same, it's looking like it so far for me.

Certainly FM10 was a stand out game in the series for me. This was the so-called 'polished' version and it really did show from day one.

I didn't play FM11 very much due to being so happy on FM10 and continuing this save.

FM12 was very good but didn't reach the heights of FM10 for me personally. I put a lot of hours into it and enjoyed it though. However, I never quite fell in love with it in the same way as FM10. There were also a few minor annoyances with FM12 for me personally.

I feel as if FM13 has the potential to be a better game than FM12. It's still very early and I have to say that I've come across a few annoying bugs but so far I'm pleasantly surprised by the game. I've only put one season into it so a proper judgement will have to wait until I've completed multiple seasons and put 100s of hours in but I just have the feeling that this is going to be a very solid incarnation of the game.

FM10 will always have a special place in my heart though. As I've said before, it's not without its flaws, but it just plays so well and feels like such an awesome version of FM.

Archived