crouchaldinho

[FM10] When The Saints Go Marching In - Crouchy's Mighty Saints Save!

1,849 posts in this topic

20091026011547!St_albans.png

UPDATE FOR FEBRUARY 2020:

Feb2020.jpg

Manager Comments for February 2020:

A bit of a rollercoaster month, including two 3-2 results, luckily both in our favour.

With Yegorov and Dimitrov in fine form, we kept plugging away at the promotion push. What worried me was the high number of goals we were conceding this month.

To be honest, I've never quite managed to trust my new goalkeeper, Luis Bianchi. It seems selling the veteran Chris Smith in the summer was a big mistake.

You can't win the league without a great goalkeeper, so the saying goes, and clearly we're finding it difficult right now. My faith in him is disappearing and his morale has dropped right down. He seems to be letting in some goals that I feel he ought to be saving. As a result, I've decided to send him to the reserves and bring in one of my young stars of the future, Billy Malone. Hopefully he will be able to make the step up.

We finished the month with a disappointing loss against Leeds and another poor draw at home to Walsall. I feel that our progress has stalled somewhat but we're still in it, for now at least.

Current League Position:

| Pos   | Inf   | Team         |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | West Brom    |       | 35    | 20    | 10    | 5     | 56    | 26    | +30   | 70    | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Sheff Utd    |       | 35    | 20    | 7     | 8     | 73    | 38    | +35   | 67    | 
[b]| 3rd   |       | St. Albans   |       | 35    | 19    | 10    | 6     | 66    | 44    | +22   | 67    | [/b]
| 4th   |       | Leeds        |       | 35    | 17    | 13    | 5     | 55    | 28    | +27   | 64    | 
| 5th   |       | Nottm Forest |       | 35    | 19    | 6     | 10    | 64    | 42    | +22   | 63    | 

COYS! gialloblu.gif

UPDATE FOR MARCH 2020:

March2020.jpg

Manager Comments for March 2020:

Billy Malone went straight in and kept a clean sheet in his first match, away to Huddersfield.

A 5-1 win against Preston at home followed. A marvellous display, with the usual Dimitrov and Yegorov show up front.

The low point of the month was a really poor performance and loss away to Southend. A team we really ought to be beating or at least coming away with something from. We had quite a few injuries for this game, most significantly playmaker Andres Abdesalem, who is the focal point of the team and the player I have built the tactics around, so I'm blaming it on this really.

A top of the table clash against fellow promotion contenders Sheffield United was a key moment in our season. We came away with a point after going behind in this match only for Yegorov to save us in the second-half.

We finished the month with a 5-0 demolition of Leicester City at Clarence Park.

Overall verdict: better. Much better!

Current League Position:

| Pos                                                                                                      | Inf   | Team         |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st                                                                                                      |       | West Brom    |       | 40    | 23    | 12    | 5     | 64    | 27    | +37   | 81    | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
[b]| 2nd                                                                                                      |       | St. Albans   |       | 40    | 21    | 12    | 7     | 77    | 48    | +29   | 75    | [/b]
| 3rd                                                                                                      |       | Sheff Utd    |       | 41    | 22    | 8     | 11    | 79    | 46    | +33   | 74    | 
| 4th                                                                                                      |       | Norwich      |       | 41    | 21    | 9     | 11    | 61    | 44    | +17   | 72    | 
| 5th                                                                                                      |       | Nottm Forest |       | 41    | 21    | 8     | 12    | 70    | 47    | +23   | 71    | 

COYS! gialloblu.gif

I'm sorry for the slightly ridiculous looking table in the last post. It's because there is a note in the table about Birmingham losing points due to going bankrupt.

Hopefully you can just scroll across to see the points etc. :D

We kick off April with a home match against top of the table West Brom. What a huge match that could be!

What a game!

StAlbansvWestBrom.png

We had such a poor first-half and we were getting ripped apart down the flanks. West Brom kept punishing us on the break.

We were much better in the second-half and luckily still in touching distance. When the last minute equaliser went in, I was absolutely delighted.

We're still 6 points behind them but now 2 points ahead of Sheff Wed having played the same number of games.

Catching West Brom is going to be tough now but 2nd place is still very much ours to lose.

It's been a great read so far. Will be satisfying to see St. Albans reach the Premier League without question. :D

It's been a great read so far. Will be satisfying to see St. Albans reach the Premier League without question. :D

Cheers JonnyCurrie. :thup:

Norwich to thrash and end St Albans dream 5/1 :D;)

Hey, didn't I tell you to get out of my thread! :p

Norwich away is my next game!

how are cardiff doing mate?

League One and currently challenging for the play-offs.

UPDATE FOR APRIL 2020:

April2020.jpg

Manager Comments for APRIL 2020:

It's fair to say that things didn't quite go to plan this month.

The draw against West Brom wasn't ideal, seeing as they were one of the sides we were battling it out with for automatic promotion. The loss against Norwich was even worse, allowing them to make up ground on us. Finally, we blew a 2-0 lead against Portsmouth, conceding two in the second-half. It was a match that we really ought to have won. Nevertheless, we kept ourselves in the race for automatic promotion with wins at home to Burnley and Nottm Forest.

Going into the last game of the season, we are three points off West Brom and Sheffield United. We need results to go our way in order to gain automatic promotion. Otherwise, it seems that we will have to contest the play-offs again.

It is theoretically possible that we could win the title, although we would need both sides above us to lose and a 5 goal swing in our favour to catch up with Sheffield United.

Current League Position:

| Pos                                                                                                      | Inf   | Team         |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| 1st                                                                                                      | Pl    | Sheff Utd    |       | 45    | 26    | 8     | 11    | 87    | 49    | +38   | 86    | 
| 2nd                                                                                                      | Pl    | West Brom    |       | 45    | 24    | 14    | 7     | 69    | 35    | +34   | 86    | 
[b]| 3rd                                                                                                      | Pl    | St. Albans   |       | 45    | 23    | 14    | 8     | 89    | 56    | +33   | 83    | [/b]
| 4th                                                                                                      | Pl    | Norwich      |       | 45    | 23    | 11    | 11    | 66    | 45    | +21   | 80    | 
| 5th                                                                                                      |       | Q.P.R.       |       | 45    | 22    | 11    | 12    | 57    | 35    | +22   | 77    | 
| 6th                                                                                                      |       | Leeds        |       | 45    | 19    | 17    | 9     | 61    | 34    | +27   | 74    | 

COYS! gialloblu.gif

My main hope was that West Brom would lose and that we would win, which I saw as being our most realistic passage through to automatic promotion.

West Brom were playing already relegated Preston at home in their final match of the season, while we were playing mid-table Rotherham away.

Let's just say that it seemed a long shot and a lot to hope for without even considering our poor away form this season.

We've been ruthless at home where our record reads 18 wins, 5 draws and no defeats. But on the road, our record compared to other sides would place us in 14th place in the league. Our away record reads 5 wins, 9 draws and 8 defeats.

Anyway, the deciding games:

West Brom v Preston

Rotherham v St. Albans City

Results coming up in the next post!

Championship Final Match - Rotherham 1 - 2 St. Albans City

Formations & Starting Line-ups

Overview, Match Stats & Player Stats

We were eventually deserved winners in this match but this last day of the season had a few twists and turns, as detailed below.

With 10 minutes gone, the Saints had a major setback when star striker Victor Yegorov came off with an injury. Backup Jokin Saiz came off the bench to replace him.

After just 11 minutes, news came in from The Hawthorns that West Brom were 1-0 down to Preston thanks to a goal scored from the penalty spot. It seemed unlikely that Preston would hold out for the remaining 79 minutes, so I paid little attention.

Ten minutes later, the Saints took the lead through substitute Jokin Saiz. He powered home a head from a Jose Antonio Gomez corner. As things stood, the Saints were going up in second place and West Brom would have to go through the agony of the play-offs!

At half-time, the scores were still the same. I really didn't get excited because I fully expected West Brom to come back. Preston were just playing for pride, after all. Furthermore, our game wasn't over yet. A 1-0 lead was not enough to satisfy me.

My worst fears were realised on 71 minutes when Rotherham got an equaliser from a cruel deflected free-kick. Agony. As it stood, West Brom were going up automatically in 2nd place.

I decided to chuck on Nuno Paiva, a young Portuguese wide player, for Rob Kogeldans, who had so far been ineffective. It was a like for like swap and I didn't have too much hope of the youngster making a difference to the outcome of this match.

However, just a couple of minutes later, Paiva went on a mazy run and was taken down in the area. PENALTY! Up stepped Jose Antonio Gomez and he made no mistake from the spot. 2-1! It was enough for us to steal the points!

Checking the scores at The Hawthorns, I saw that it was somehow still 1-0 to West Brom. And that's how it finished. :eek:

Final scores:

West Brom 0 - 1 Preston

Rotherham 1 - 2 St. Albans City

A dramatic and quite extraordinary last day!

Here is how the top six finished:

| Pos                                | Inf   | Team         |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st                                | C     | Sheff Utd    |       | 46    | 26    | 8     | 12    | 87    | 50    | +37   | 86    | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
[b]| 2nd                                | P     | St. Albans   |       | 46    | 24    | 14    | 8     | 91    | 57    | +34   | 86    | [/b]
| 3rd                                | Pl    | West Brom    |       | 46    | 24    | 14    | 8     | 69    | 36    | +33   | 86    | 
| 4th                                | Pl    | Norwich      |       | 46    | 23    | 12    | 11    | 66    | 45    | +21   | 81    | 
| 5th                                | Pl    | Q.P.R.       |       | 46    | 23    | 11    | 12    | 58    | 35    | +23   | 80    | 
| 6th                                | Pl    | Leeds        |       | 46    | 20    | 17    | 9     | 65    | 34    | +31   | 77    | 

The top three all level on points with only goal difference separating them!

The right team probably finished top, given that they won more matches than anyone else. I also never felt that we would be deserving champions.

It was so close between us and West Brom though. If you like attacking football, I guess we were the best choice for runners-up. We scored more than anyone else in the league, although we also conceded the most goals in the top six.

Check out our fantastic home form this season:

| Pos                                | Inf   | Team         |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| 1st                                | P     | St. Albans   |       | 23    | 18    | 5     | 0     | 62    | 26    | +36   | 59    | 

Unbeaten at Clarence Park!

And then compare it to our disappointing away form:

| 14th                               | P     | St. Albans   |       | 23    | 6     | 9     | 8     | 29    | 31    | -2    | 27    | 

Congratz on getting to the premier league, took you long enough :D

END OF SEASON 2019/20 LEAGUE TABLE & PLAYER STATS:

Final Championship Standings:

| 1st                                | C     | Sheff Utd    |       | 46    | 26    | 8     | 12    | 87    | 50    | +37   | 86    | 
[b]| 2nd                                | P     | St. Albans   |       | 46    | 24    | 14    | 8     | 91    | 57    | +34   | 86    | [/b]
| 3rd                                |       | West Brom    |       | 46    | 24    | 14    | 8     | 69    | 36    | +33   | 86    | 
| 4th                                | P     | Norwich      |       | 46    | 23    | 12    | 11    | 66    | 45    | +21   | 81    | 
| 5th                                |       | Q.P.R.       |       | 46    | 23    | 11    | 12    | 58    | 35    | +23   | 80    | 
| 6th                                |       | Leeds        |       | 46    | 20    | 17    | 9     | 65    | 34    | +31   | 77    | 
| 7th                                |       | Watford      |       | 46    | 21    | 14    | 11    | 54    | 35    | +19   | 77    | 
| 8th                                |       | Burnley      |       | 46    | 23    | 8     | 15    | 71    | 55    | +16   | 77    | 
| 9th                                |       | Nottm Forest |       | 46    | 21    | 10    | 15    | 75    | 61    | +14   | 73    | 
| 10th                               |       | Ipswich      |       | 46    | 20    | 8     | 18    | 72    | 62    | +10   | 68    | 
| 11th                               |       | Huddersfield |       | 46    | 19    | 11    | 16    | 63    | 55    | +8    | 68    | 
| 12th                               |       | Leicester    |       | 46    | 19    | 11    | 16    | 42    | 50    | -8    | 68    | 
| 13th                               |       | Wolves       |       | 46    | 17    | 13    | 16    | 70    | 58    | +12   | 64    | 
| 14th                               |       | Rotherham    |       | 46    | 15    | 17    | 14    | 48    | 46    | +2    | 62    | 
| 15th                               |       | Sheff Wed    |       | 46    | 18    | 8     | 20    | 50    | 52    | -2    | 62    | 
| 16th                               |       | Walsall      |       | 46    | 16    | 11    | 19    | 66    | 71    | -5    | 59    | 
| 17th                               |       | Southend     |       | 46    | 13    | 17    | 16    | 49    | 54    | -5    | 56    | 
| 18th                               |       | Plymouth     |       | 46    | 14    | 13    | 19    | 39    | 54    | -15   | 55    | 
| 19th                               |       | Coventry     |       | 46    | 11    | 12    | 23    | 39    | 65    | -26   | 45    | 
| 20th                               |       | Birmingham   |       | 46    | 10    | 18    | 18    | 56    | 68    | -12   | 38    | 
| 21st                               |       | Colchester   |       | 46    | 7     | 15    | 24    | 38    | 76    | -38   | 36    | 
| 22nd                               | R     | Swindon      |       | 46    | 8     | 10    | 28    | 37    | 82    | -45   | 34    | 
| 23rd                               | R     | Portsmouth   |       | 46    | 8     | 13    | 25    | 46    | 71    | -25   | 27    | 
| 24th                               | R     | Preston      |       | 46    | 7     | 5     | 34    | 34    | 113   | -79   | 26    | 
| 10 points deducted from Portsmouth |       |              |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 
| 10 points deducted from Birmingham |       |              |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

First Team Squad Statistics (all competitions)- sorted by average rating:

| Pkd   | Inf   | Name                    | Position     | Apps    | Gls   | Ast   | MoM   | Av Rat| Age   | Nat   | Value | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK    | Rsv   | Billy Malone            | GK           | 13      | -     | -     | -     | 6.90  | 19    | ENG   | £1.1M | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| DR    | Wnt   | Gianni Zuiverloon       | D/WB R       | 47      | -     | 4     | 1     | 7.04  | 33    | NED   | £875K | 
| DL    | Wnt   | Joe Hall                | D L          | 22      | -     | 2     | -     | 6.97  | 20    | ENG   | £2.6M | 
| DC    |       | Borja Rodríguez Sánchez | D RC         | 39      | -     | 2     | -     | 6.77  | 25    | ESP   | £625K | 
| DC    | Unh   | André Pinto             | D C          | 43 (1)  | 2     | -     | 2     | 6.94  | 30    | POR   | £1M   | 
| MR    | Wnt   | Rob Kogeldans           | AM R, ST     | 25 (14) | 13    | 5     | 3     | 7.08  | 24    | NED   | £2.8M | 
| ML    | Rsv   | José Antonio Gómez      | AM RL        | 21 (16) | 11    | 5     | 2     | 7.05  | 22    | ESP   | £2.3M | 
| MC    | Rsv   | Vito Favalli            | D C, DM, M C | 24 (2)  | 2     | 5     | 2     | 6.94  | 25    | ITA   | £2.2M | 
| MC    |       | Andrés Abdesalam        | M C          | 32 (2)  | 5     | 9     | 4     | 7.26  | 25    | ESP   | £3.3M | 
| AMC   | Inj   | Aleksandar Dimitrov     | AM/F C       | 38 (3)  | 16    | 11    | 5     | 7.23  | 22    | BUL   | £4.2M | 
| ST    | Wnt   | Victor Yegorov          | ST           | 43 (2)  | 28    | 10    | 7     | 7.25  | 22    | UKR   | £3.5M | 
| S1    | Wnt   | Tamás Kádár             | D LC         | 3 (6)   | 1     | -     | -     | 6.84  | 30    | HUN   | £550K | 
| S2    | Inj   | Luke Hoyte YP1          | D RL         | 7 (10)  | -     | 2     | -     | 6.83  | 26    | ENG   | £300K | 
| S3    | Wnt   | Rodney Strasser         | DM, M C      | 22 (3)  | 1     | 4     | -     | 7.03  | 30    | SLE   | £1M   | 
| S4    | Rsv   | William Carvalho        | M C          | 15 (9)  | 2     | 7     | 2     | 7.09  | 28    | ANG   | £450K | 
| S5    | Wnt   | Nuno Paiva              | AM RL        | 3 (13)  | 4     | 1     | 1     | 6.97  | 19    | POR   | £1.8M | 
| S6    | Wnt   | David Waite YP8b        | AM L         | 30 (8)  | 1     | 3     | -     | 6.78  | 19    | ENG   | £1.8M | 
| S7    | Unh   | Jokin Saiz              | ST           | 7 (13)  | 5     | 4     | 2     | 7.03  | 23    | ESP   | £2.2M | 
| -     | Rsv   | Leighton Baines         | D/WB/M L     | 21 (1)  | -     | 2     | -     | 6.82  | 35    | ENG   | £75K  | 
| -     | Wnt   | Michael Johnson         | M C          | 10 (14) | 1     | 3     | -     | 6.72  | 32    | ENG   | £700K | 
| -     | Rsv   | Scott Cuthbert          | D C          | 12 (7)  | -     | 1     | -     | 6.74  | 32    | SCO   | £500K | 
| -     | Rsv   | Kevin-Prince Boateng    | AM C         | 1 (5)   | -     | -     | -     | 6.58  | 33    | GHA   | £120K | 
| -     | Rsv   | Marc Albrighton         | AM R         | 23 (10) | 3     | 6     | 2     | 6.78  | 30    | ENG   | £250K | 
| -     | Wnt   | Haris Vuckic            | AM/F C       | 5 (6)   | -     | 2     | -     | 6.69  | 27    | SVN   | £500K | 
| -     | Rsv   | James Rhodes            | D RL, WB L   | 3 (1)   | -     | 1     | 1     | 7.17  | 22    | ENG   | £325K | 

smilies-9274.png

Play-off final result:

LeedsvNorwich.png

Norwich City return to the Premier League for the first time since 2004/05. Someone will be pleased. :p

I was gonna say, now we are doomed to hear the joy of the Naaridge supporter(s). <sigh>

Can't you reload and replay that final?? <lol>

Congrats to you on getting St. Albans up, though, even if it does come at the cost of Canaries in the Premiership... :D

Good work Crouchaldinho!

Victor Yegorov stats suggest a promising player - I assume he'll be still in your first XI next season? (assuming you're continuing with this..)

Good work Crouchaldinho!

Victor Yegorov stats suggest a promising player - I assume he'll be still in your first XI next season? (assuming you're continuing with this..)

Cheers JonnyCurrie.

Yegorov has been great for me during the last couple of seasons. Certainly, I'll be giving him a chance in the Premier League. Hopefully he will be able to make the step up!

And yes, I'll be continuing with this. I won't be starting a save on FM11 initially, so I'll keep battling away with the Saints for now!

First off congratulations Crouchy and second of all about time we get to see you in the EPL.

You must have been worried once they equalised and great to see Gomez score what is in effect a £60 million penalty or whatever it works out as. Looking forward to the next chapter in this career been waiting ages to see you and the Saints in the top league.

I was tempted to reload the final.

Just kidding!

What I thought :p

I was gonna say, now we are doomed to hear the joy of the Naaridge supporter(s). <sigh>

Can't you reload and replay that final?? <lol>

Congrats to you on getting St. Albans up, though, even if it does come at the cost of Canaries in the Premiership...

I don't like you ;)

Play-off final result:

Norwich City return to the Premier League for the first time since 2004/05. Someone will be pleased. :p

Wonder who? :D

Congrats on getting promoted to the top flight anyway crouchy great achievement after a few long hard seasons. I'm still backing the Canaries over St Albans for survival though ;D

*Lurk mode off* Finally! congrats on making it to the prem! *Lurk mode back on*

...After just 11 minutes, news came in from The Hawthorns that West Brom were 1-0 down to Preston thanks to a goal scored from the penalty spot. It seemed unlikely that Preston would hold out for the remaining 79 minutes, so I paid little attention.

...Final scores:

West Brom 1 - 0 Preston

Rotherham 1 - 2 St. Albans City

A dramatic and quite extraordinary last day!

check the scores ;)

Flamers

im a sucker for precision and it does prove that some people do read your updates fully :p

Flamers

im a sucker for precision and it does prove that some people do read your updates fully :p

Flamers

Appreciated. :thup:

;)

Hows the bank balance looking Crouchy?

Any news on a new stadium or anything?

The bank balance is looking pretty bare to be honest Acidburn. I think I may be able to raise some funds by selling a few youngsters.

As for the stadium, funny you should ask. We're moving temporarily to West Ham United's ground, which is a bit random. :confused: This is while the necessary work is undertaken on our ground to bring it up to Premier League standards.

I mean, West Ham seems a bit weird. I thought it would probably be a temporary ground share with Watford to be honest, which would make sense. At a stretch, maybe Luton. At a greater stretch, perhaps somewhere in north London (i.e. Arsenal or Spurs). But West Ham is a strange one.

Hang on a minute and I will locate the news item.

Crouchaldinho-3-8.png

So, off to Upton Park until 30/01/2021. Then we will move back into a 7,296 capacity Clarence Park!

Crouchy's Mighty Saints Save - St. Albans City in the Championship (Season Eleven at Clarence Park - 2019/20)

End of Season 2019/20 Screenshots:

League Table - see above post for the full league table. Our runners-up finish was a record high for the club.

League Positions Graph - As you can see, we started slowly and maybe peaked a little early, ending up having to fight tooth and nail for second place.

FA Cup - A major disappointment to be knocked out against local rivals Watford in a Hertfordshire derby.

League Cup - Just the early rounds before we got knocked out by Villa.

Transfers - As usual, it was a case of selling some players to make ends meet. We managed to bring in £2.1m through sales, which is terrific stuff. All of my new signings were free transfers, as usual, so we didn't spend a penny on improving the first team. The best signing was probably bringing Aleksander Dimitrov back on loan from Chelsea. Otherwise, Dutch winger/forward, Rob Kogeldans, was the signing of the season for us. Goalkeeper Luis Bianchi, on the other hand, was a total flop.

Key players:

Andres Abdesalam - My favourite player by far and club player of the year for the third season running. Abdesalam has been absolutely brilliant as our advanced playmaker in the midfield. This is his second season as captain. Played less than last year thanks to injuries. When he was missing, we were poor. When he was in the side, we were fantastic. Once again, he more or less carried the team this season.

Rob Kogeldans - The Dutch wide player/forward has been a terrific find. Hard working and brave, he sort of reminds me of Dirk Kuyt. He can dribble and cross really well, while his attributes also make him a decent goalscorer, so he was able to play out wide and also up front if needed.

Jose Antonio Gomez - The Spanish winger has really come of age lately, improving dramatically and making the left side of midfield position his own. A solid technical player, good at dribbling and also excellent at finding the back of the net. Great stuff from the youngster.

Aleksandar Dimitrov - Scored 15 in the league and 16 overall. Set up another 10 goals and 11 overall. Great stuff. Another one who played a little less than last season due to injuries. I'm basically desperate to sign the Bulgarian genius from Chelsea if I get the funds this summer.

Victor Yegorov - Scored 26 in the league and 28 overall. Sensational, once again. Has been getting interest from Premier League clubs, but I'm hopeful he'll stay and step up to the PL level this season.

Team of the Season - There seems to be a bug with this because Jonas retired last season and is now a coach with us. For some reason, it is counting his games last year as being played this season, which is a nonsense. Otherwise, it's pretty much right.

Overall Best XI - Looking more and more eccentric. It never quite gets it right and makes some odd choices.

Other Club Info:

Fans’ Player of the season: Andres Abdesalem for a third year running.

Signing of the season: Rob Kogeldans on a free.

Top goalscorer(s): Yegorov 26 in the league (28 goals in all competitions).

Most Assists: Dimitrov with 11.

Most MoM awards: Yegorov with 7.

Best Average Rating: Andres Abdesalam 7.26 (34 apps).

Average Attendance: 5,863 (quite a big increase on last year - 800+).

Season Tickets: 1,657 (Almost 200 extra last year).

Club finances: The cupboard is bare but at least we aren't in any debt.

City Legends: Wilfred Minter, Steve Clark, Phil Wood (no new additions).

City Icons: Colin Lippiatt, Lee Clarke, Peter Risley, Kevin Mudd, Richard Evans, Paul Bastock, Andres Abdesalam (Abdesalem added!)

City Favourites: Steven Hetherington, Victor Yegorov (Yegorov added).

Most League Apps for Club - Steve Clark 488 (all time), Luke Hoyte 279 (current).

Most League Goals for Club - Steve Clark 322 (all time), Aleksandar Dimitrov 58 (current).

Youth academy products season reports (the youngsters that my assistant recommended):

I've decided to change this section slighty as I'm a bit fed up of reporting on the failures. I'm just going to report on youth products who make it to the first-team.

Luke Hoyte (YP1) - Played as a backup this season. Still fairly solid and reliable when called upon. I want to keep him on so that he can taste Premier League football - then he will have played in all divisions as we have risen up the leagues!

David Waite (YP8b) - This lad wasn't even the player recommend in his youth batch. He has, however, gone on to be the first successful youth player since Luke Hoyte for us. Hard working with plenty of stamina and a great cross. He got a fair number of starts this season even though Gomez was preferred at ML.

100 club (players that have made 100 league apps for the club under my management):

Name                	Position  	Era             Apps	Goals	Honours	
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Luke Hoyte (YP1)	DL		2010-Present	279	3	Blue Square South (2012)
								Blue Square Premier (2014)
								Coca-Cola League Two (2015)

Borja Rodriguez Sanchez	DC		2016-Present	161	4	

Laurence Gaughan	DRC		2009-2015	152	3	Blue Square South (2012)

Sol Shields		MC		2009-2014	152	10	Blue Square South (2012)

Steven Hetherington	AMLC		2013-2017	146	21	Blue Square Premier (2014)

Ryan Carolan		DLC       	2009-2013	137	3    	Blue Square South (2012)

William Carvalho	DM/MC		2015-Present	133	7

Mick Hodgson 		DC		2014-2019	131	7	Coca-Cola League Two (2015)

Horacio Palomino	ST		2015-2018	127	63	

Andres Abdesalam	MC		2016-Present	126	20

Craig Calver 		ST 		2009-2015	122	45	Blue Square South (2012)

JJ O'Donnell		AMRLC		2009-2014	111	10	Blue Square South (2012)

Ben Martin 		DC		2010-2014	109	4	Blue Square South (2012)

James Rhodes		DR		2016-Present	112	1	

Peter Smith		DL		2009-2013	105 	4	Blue Square South (2012)

Paul Hakim 		FC		2009-2013	102	27	Blue Square South (2012)

James Quilter		DRC/DM/MC	2009-2013	102	1	Blue Square South (2012)

James Fisher		DR/MC		2009-2013	100	2	Blue Square South (2012)

Alfie Potter		AMR		2012-2015	100	17	Blue Square Premier (2014)

Other News:

- The Big Boys:

o Arsenal win their first league title since 2011. Between them, Arsenal and Man Utd are finally stopping the dominance of Man City who won the title five times in a row from 2014 to 2018. Man City, Man Utd and Blackburn completed the top four. That's two Champions League finishes in a row for Rovers under their manager Alan Shearer. Reading, Middlesbrough and West Ham are relegated.

o Chelsea win the FA Cup defeating Liverpool 3-0 in the final.

o Man Utd pile more misery on Liverpool by winning in the League Cup final 1-0 against their rivals.

o Man City may not have managed to win a trophy domestically but they did win the Champions League title. It was an all Manchester final and City defeated United 2-1 to win the trophy. It's the first time they have managed to win the trophy. Roberto Mancini has now managed to add the Champions League to his five Premier League trophies.

o The Europa is won by Atalanta. They defeated Spurs in the final.

My Manager Awards:

- 2019/20 Coca-Cola Championship Manager of the Year Third Place.

- 2016/17 Coca-Cola League One Manager of the Year Third Place.

- 2016/17 Coca-Cola League One Manager of the Month for April.

- 2016/17 Coca-Cola League One Manager of the Month for February.

- 2014/15 Coca-Cola League Two Manager of the Year.

- 2013/14 Blue Square Premier Manager of the Year.

- 2013/14 Blue Square Premier Manager of the Month for April.

- 2013/14 Blue Square Premier Manager of the Month for March.

- 2013/14 Blue Square Premier Manager of the Month for December.

- 2012/13 Blue Square Premier Manager of the Year Third Place.

- 2012/13 Blue Square Premier Manager of the Month for December.

- 2011/12 Blue Square South Manager of the Season.

- 2010/11 Blue Square Manager of the Month for September.

- 2010/11 Blue Square South Manager of the Season Third Place.

- 2009/10 Blue Square South Manager of the Season Runner-up.

Career Overview:

My managerial record at the Saints (2009 - Present [3275 days])::

P 	W 	D 	L 	F	A	Win % 		Competitions Won
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
572	296	155	121	938	575	51.75%		Coca-Cola League Two (2015)
							Blue Square South (2012)									

Cups:

| Season 	| FA Cup	| League Cup	|  FL Trophy	| FA Trophy		
|-----------------------------------------------|--------------------------------  
| 09/10 (BSS) 	| 3rd Rnd    	| N/A		|  N/A		| 3rd Qual Rnd 
| 10/11 (BSS) 	| 1st Rnd    	| N/A   	|  N/A		| 1st Rnd
| 11/12 (BSS) 	| 2nd Rnd    	| N/A 		|  N/A		| 1st Rnd
| 12/13 (BSP) 	| 2nd Rnd    	| N/A 		|  N/A		| 3rd Rnd
| 13/14 (BSP)	| 3rd Rnd    	| N/A		|  N/A		| 1st Rnd
| 14/15 (L2) 	| 3rd Rnd    	| 1st Rnd 	|  1st Rnd	| N/A
| 15/16 (L1) 	| 1st Rnd    	| 2nd Rnd 	|  S Semi	| N/A
| 16/17 (L1) 	| 3rd Rnd    	| 2nd Rnd 	|  1st Rnd	| N/A
| 17/18 (Ch) 	| 3rd Rnd    	| 2nd Rnd 	|  N/A  	| N/A
| 18/19 (Ch) 	| 5th Rnd    	| 3rd Rnd 	|  N/A  	| N/A
| 19/20 (Ch) 	| 3rd Rnd    	| 3rd Rnd 	|  N/A  	| N/A

League:

Season      	Team      		League      	Position   	Achievements & Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10      	St. Albans City   	BSS	    	4th      	FA Cup 3rd Rnd
2010/11		St. Albans City   	BSS	    	2nd      	Play-off finalists
2011/12		St. Albans City   	BSS	    	[b]1st		[/b][b]BSS Champions[/b], Manager of the Season
2012/13		St. Albans City   	BSP	    	5th      	
2013/14		St. Albans City		BSP		[b]1st		[/b][b]BSP Champions[/b], Manager of the Season
2014/15		St. Albans City		CCL2		[b]1st		[/b][b]League Two Champions[/b], Manager of the Season
2015/16		St. Albans City		CCL1		3rd		Play-off finalists
2016/17		St. Albans City		CCL1		2nd		Automatic Promotion
2017/18		St. Albans City		CCCh		7th		
2018/19		St. Albans City		CCCh		4th		Play-off finalists
2019/20		St. Albans City		CCCh		2nd		Automatic Promotion

Misc. screenshots:

News about stadium expansion -

Crouchaldinho-3-8.png

Where are they now? A report on my overall best eleven -

Crouchaldinho-4-6.png

Next Season: STAY UP!

COYS!