Could future versions of FM count the number of come from behind wins ?

Just wondering if anyone else counts their come from behind matches to win or draw.

And their in front matches that end up being a draw or loss ?

ATM still only 2nd season but my

Behind by 1's reads 5 times came back to draw and 4 times came back to win

Up by 1's reads 3 times opposition came back to draw

Up by 2's reads 2 times opposition came back to draw.

I know that in American Football (the throwing kind) they actually count comeback wins as being an important quarterback statistic, and that the true greats like the Elway's and Marino's were amongst the best at coming from behind to lead their team to victory.

It is also the BEST praise that a manager recieves from their players, when it says that the HT teamtalk really turned the match around.

And strangely, in a game just now where i managed such a victory, i recieved the praise TWICE, once from a player speaking on behalf of the team, and the other from the Ass Man, I've never seen the Ass Man do that before.

Since the post match press conference actually has a question about coming back from behind, i kinda think it would be a nice statistic to be included in future versions of FM

i sometimes have a look at how many points I would have had if all games in the season ended at half time.

i don't think the game will ever show it itself because it would just show how different it is to real life where magic team talks don't work as successfully as often. You often hear of teams who are yet to win after conceeding the first goal for x games. Or are yet to lose after scoring the first goal in y games.

IRL there are the occasional games of two halves but generally the better team in the first half is the better team in the second half. This I guess would be deemed too boring for a computer game though.

I like this idea. Some newspapers irl show points gained/lost from losing/winning positions. Little facts like that can actually prove quite revealing at where a manager may be going wrong.

It would be handy if there was a tool added which allowed you to create your own statistics based on the data the game gathers. For instance the game would provide a menu of data it can collect and basic mathematical notation. You could then choose for the game to display free kicks scored / free kicks taken to give you an idea of your completion rate. Could add filters for competition type, home or away, over set periods (1 month, 3 months etc). Would be very handy - similar to the customise views function.

Archived