FM 2008 Soundpack Now Available

Originally posted by bcarson:

Here's what worked for me. First rename the match events and sounds folders that are in the original game. I just added a "1" to each. Do this in case things get screwed up and you need to go back.

Then simply left click and drag each of the new extracted folders to the game data folder.

When you start your game the new sondpack should be in effect.

Hope this helps.

Ok bcarson, I have done what you said word for word. And now have 'match events' and 'sounds' so I now have those along with 'match events1' and 'sounds1' in the 'data' sextion.

I have loaded my save game, clicked 'preference' 'display and sound' and on sounds I have clicked 'sound cache' yet I see no new options at all??

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't need to delete your backup folders unless you want to conserve the HD space. They will be ignored by the game. I'd keep them around in case you notice something you don't like and want to revert to the default sounds.

You won't see sound options like you do with skins. Just have "All" selected.

Originally posted by SSGTroyer:

My ME has always stuttered when my HD was writing/reading out it's cache. It hasn't changed with this.

it doesnt make my game stutter in anyway,

it depends on your pc, i have a 3ghz proccsor, with 1gb ram, and i have no problems whatso ever

if anybody has any chants they wish to submit or have found some on the net, get in touch, and il add them in

Originally posted by bcarson:

Here's what worked for me. First rename the match events and sounds folders that are in the original game. I just added a "1" to each. Do this in case things get screwed up and you need to go back.

Then simply left click and drag each of the new extracted folders to the game data folder.

When you start your game the new sondpack should be in effect.

Hope this helps.

If I try your idea, I will get ONLY 237 files in "sounds" folder.

If I follow what readme says, I'll get 256 files instead.

So which is the right one? o_O

Thx.

Originally posted by furney89:

it doesnt make my game stutter in anyway,

it depends on your pc, i have a 3ghz proccsor, with 1gb ram, and i have no problems whatso ever

Agreed, depends on the PC. I have a 3.4 hyper-threading processor with 2MB ram, but the way my Dellcrap mobo is configured, even RAID0 doesn't keep my HD from stealing too much processing time to prevent it. Happened before the soundpack, it'd happen with no sound at all.

I dont think my soundpack's working, no-one's singing any chants or anything? I've got the soundpack in C;/ Program files > Sports Interactive > FM 2008> data.

The match events are in their own folder, same with sounds, what have I done?

Originally posted by marcftm:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SSGTroyer:

Within \data, do you have a folder called \FM Soundpack ?

I do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay double-click that folder. Ctrl-click each of the folders inside there so they're highlighted. Then right-click and choose cut.

Go back to the data folder and do edit -> paste.

Then restart fm icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by aifiy:

how can i add my own sounds????

Such a simple question, such a drawn-out answer...

My advice is to learn how to add your own sounds the way I did. Download Furney89's soundpack, look at his files, and see how he did it. Learn from his example.

Originally posted by Stormz30000:

Oh yeah, I'm using Windows XP.

I can't promise this will work but I think you'd have to uninstall reinstall FM 08 to get the default soundpack in (making sure to install the patch you were running before so your games work).

You could try making a data folder in \My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\ and copy the soundpack into there and see if that works...

Originally posted by Stormz30000:

Furney, two people play FM on this PC (including myself!), but the other (My Dad) doesn't like these sort of downloads. Is there a way I could get it to only work on my log in?

why cant he just turn sounds off when he plays if he dont like those sort of downloads, because if he keeps the sounds on ususaly during the match (i.e the ones u get with the game) and doesnt mind, why cant he play with the soundpack as it sounds better (in my opinion)

in order to develop the sound pack further i need your help in several ways:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI> I need people to submit chants to me

<LI>You need to tell me what you dont like about the pack, specific chants or things that are irritating

<LI>help me out and work with my pack, try stuff out and tell me if it worked (if you fancy messing with it)

end of the day i want it to be the best it can, this wont be the first version of the pack possibly, and in order to make it better, i need you, the people who use it most to tell me and work with me to move it on

i appreciate the feedback so far, its been great, but i know it can be better

email me if you wish, use the address in my profile on these forums

submit chants using that address aswell

thanks

furney89

Hey Furney...

First up, this is a great soundpack and it really adds depth and atmosphere.

However, I've noticed that certain sounds get stuck in a loop very frequently, and the only way to cure this is to exit out of the match screen and then go back into the match.

Anyone else noticed this? Is there a cure?

Anyhow, despite the odd bug or two, it's still better than the linear sounds SI provide...

haven't tried this yet so i dont know if they have been included but:

eieieiao

stand up if you love " "

jingle bells

player name, player name, player player name, when he hits the ball no doubt hes scored, player player name (sorry about player thing lol)

just a few that come to mind

• 2 weeks later...

Archived