The Afrovision Managerial Contest

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I not allowed to vote because I am in the vote?

Yes - that is how it works. The 17 nations above all have to vote, and only they have to vote (for this Semi-Final).

At what point do I start vote whoring?

You can start now :). And you can vote now, too.

Quick question canvey!!: what happens with the teams who don't play no games? How can they attract any votes?

They can hope for votes from their neighbours, and from those who will vote for also-rans so that their qualification rivals don't get more points. You can beg and do errands for people if you want their votes too :), as well as setting up blocs.

And I just noticed you said 'don't play no games' - very American :).

There isn't any rush for you to get your votes in yet, but just so everyone understands whether or not they should be voting, here are the people whose votes I am still awaiting;

jayatsena, Burundi

SCIAG, Eritrea

Loojay, Ethiopia

Hamuel, Kenya

corinthiano, Madagascar

pompey13, Malawi

Almondo, Mauritius

jack.browne, Rwanda

super_lampard, Seychelles

Northerm Lights, Tanzania

These people need to vote :)!

They can hope for votes from their neighbours, and from those who will vote for also-rans so that their qualification rivals don't get more points. You can beg and do errands for people if you want their votes too :), as well as setting up blocs.

And I just noticed you said 'don't play no games' - very American :).

Christ, where did that come from? :confused:

Lot's of these nations seem to have borders with my own DR Congo, so feel free to start buttering me up now for future voting purposes.

On another note I'm pretty chuffed with DR Congo's 0-0 draw with African champions Egypt, we've definitely had a steady start.

Zimbabwe did literally nothing through the entire duration of this event.

There's always next year :D.

Waiting for Burundi's and Ethiopia's votes now - the original deadline was tomorrow at 11:00am but considering I can't do anything with the votes until the afternoon, might as well make it 5:00pm BST.

Welcome to South Africa…

Lester Meek: Good evening and welcome to the first edition of the Afrovision Managerial Contest. Welcome also to our viewers across the globe, including in China, Russia and the United States.

Lester Meek: I’m your host, Lester Meek, and I’ll be guiding your through this first Semi-Final in which 17 nations of Eastern Africa will represent themselves. Before we go on, I’d like to thank the Broadcasters, African Television, Radio and Complete Entertainment Revolution for implementing this continental competition.

Lester Meek: We’ll be starting shortly with our first voters, but for those of you who haven’t yet been informed by the media hype, the countries in today’s Semi-Final have all judged each other on their national football team’s performance over the past twelve months, and given points accordingly. We have the small points values from 1 up to 7 points, and then the three big ones; 8, 10 and 12 points. The aim is to accumulate the most points, and the five nations that do so here tonight will find themselves in the Final alongside South Africa and Senegal.

Lester Meek: Unfortunately both Burundi and Ethiopia are boycotting the competition, but we’re not going to play into their hands by eliminating them straight off. Instead, they’ll be docked 12 points, as will Tanzania who incorrectly gave an initial vote to the Democratic Republic of the Congo. It will be interesting to see if those nations can overcome that early disadvantage. Bearing that news in mind, let’s take a look at the initial table of nations.

SF1-0.jpg?t=1270065029

Lester Meek: Without further ado, let’s get going to the votes, starting with Tanzania and Eritrea!

Writer's Notes: Let me know what you think of the style of update, i.e. the alignment on the page. Henceforth there will be one update per day, but I won't be able to update tomorrow, so I will hopefully give you two on Friday.

Tanzania.png?t=1270066568

Lester Meek: This is South Africa calling Tanzania!

Tanzania: This is Tanzania calling back!

Lester Meek: Welcome, Tanzania. We can see you on our Jumbo screen. What is the weather like in Tanzania?

Tanzania: Lots of droughts and heatwaves, I’m afraid.

Lester Meek: Oh dear. I don’t wish to trivialise them but can you give us Tanzania’s votes? You have the honour of being the first nation ever to give votes in the Afrovision Managerial Contest.

7: Malawi

6: Mozambique

5: Djibouti

4: Comoros

3: Burundi

2: Uganda

1: Ethiopia

Tanzania: And now for Tanzania’s top three votes.

8 points go to…Mauritius!

10 points go to……Kenya!

12 points go to…

…Rwanda!

Tanzania: Thank you South Africa!

Lester Meek: Thank you Tanzania! Jack Browne’s Rwanda will be delighted with the early points.

Eritrea.png?t=1270066569

Lester Meek: Hello Eritrea, this is South Africa calling!

Eritrea*: Hello South Africa! You are looking lovely!

Lester Meek: Why thank you, Eritrea. Do you have votes for us?

Eritrea: I absolutely do. Here are Eritrea’s votes:

7: Djibouti

6: Seychelles

5: Burundi

4: Mauritius

3: Rwanda

2: Uganda

1: Kenya

Eritrea: And Eritrea’s top three votes.

8 points go to…Ethiopia!

10 points go to……Madagascar!

12 points go to…

…Mozambique!

Eritrea: Thanks South Africa, and good luck!

Lester Meek: Thank you Eritrea. dafuge and his Mozambique team are clearly delighted with those votes. Quandiose Yancy has given 8 points to his neighbour Ethiopia, which almost clears Ethiopia’s negative points tally. After two rounds of voting, let’s see how the table looks at the moment:

SF1-2.png?t=1270066665

Lester Meek: Next up to vote are Kenya and Mauritius!

* - SCIAG, I haven’t put Quandiose Yancy as your spokesperson as he is supposed to be at the ceremony in person.

Archived