The Afrovision Managerial Contest

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100px-Flag_of_Cote_d%27Ivoire.svg.png

Henry Adeyemi: Nigeria calling Côte d’Ivoire!

Emmanuel Eboué: Bonjour!

Henry Adeyemi: Good evening, Emmanuel Eboué. Eighth place for Côte d’Ivoire at the moment. What are your thoughts?

Emmanuel Eboué: Not good. We should be top.

Henry Adeyemi: Okay. Well, we’re ready for your votes now.

Emmanuel Eboué: Côte d’Ivoire’s votes:

7: Cameroon

6: Morocco

5: South Africa

4: Algeria

3: Congo

2: DR Congo

1: Senegal

Emmanuel Eboué:

8 points go to…Guinea!

10 points go to……Egypt!

12 points go to…

…Mali!

Emmanuel Eboué: Merci Henry. Au revoir!

Henry Adeyemi: Thanks Emmanuel. Mikael Schøler’s Mali climb a place or two with twelve points, while South Africa finally pick up some more points, but are still in negative figures.

100px-Flag_of_Swaziland.svg.png

Henry Adeyemi: Nigeria calling Swaziland!

Ilana Lapidos: Hello Henry. Lovely to see you.

Henry Adeyemi: You too Ilana, I thought I wouldn’t get the chance.

Ilana Lapidos: Yes. Sadly our lack of votes in the Semi cost us our Final place.

Henry Adeyemi: Maybe next year then.

Ilana Lapidos: You’ve said that to everyone.

Henry Adeyemi: True. Okay, then, Ilana, Swaziland’s votes please.

Ilana Lapidos: With pleasure;

7: Rwanda

6: Gambia

5: Congo

4: Egypt

3: Guinea

2: Mali

1: Morocco

Ilana Lapidos: Swaziland’s three most important votes:

8 points go to…Senegal!

10 points go to……Mozambique!

12 points go to…

…South Africa!

Ilana Lapidos: Thank you Henry, good night!

Henry Adeyemi: Thanks Ilana. Matt Lepino’s South Africa blast into positive figures with twelve points from South Africa, and now aren’t all that far behind Algeria. dafuge’s Mozambique take ten points, while Ricky Nakano’s Senegal continue their solid campaign with eight. It’s impossible to guess who will be top, so we’ll have to have a look.

F-10.png?t=1302437477

Henry Adeyemi: It’s Ricky Nakano’s Senegal that sit top at the moment, but things are intensely close. After their strong spell, Des Tiny’s Nigeria are now beginning to fall away, while Juan King’s Angola are now the only side on negative points. The half-century barrier has been broken, and the century one awaits. Algeria vote next, followed by leaders Senegal.

100px-Flag_of_Algeria.svg.png

Henry Adeyemi: Hello Algiers, this is Lagos calling!

Mahieddine Meftah: Good evening Nigeria.

Henry Adeyemi: Algeria aren’t placed too well at the moment, but given it’s your first tournament under new management, to get to the Final is an achievement.

Mahieddine Meftah: Yes, absolutely. GG Donovan promises a good future for Algerian football.

Henry Adeyemi: It doesn’t look like you’ll be winning this time, but you will be helping choose a winner.

Mahieddine Meftah: Yes. Here are Algeria’s votes:

6: South Africa

5: DR Congo

4: Angola

3: Congo

2: Gambia

1: Egypt

Mahieddine Meftah:

8 points go to…Morocco!

10 points go to……Mali!

12 points go to…

…Côte d’Ivoire!

Mahieddine Meftah: Thanks Henry, thanks Nigeria.

Henry Adeyemi: Thank you Mahieddine. Algeria’s neighbours Didier Dardon’s Morocco get eight points from them, which is enough to send them five points clear at the top. Juan King’s Angola finally pick up points, but remain in the red. It’s another twelve-pointer for Albert Holstein’s Côte d’Ivoire, too.

100px-Flag_of_Senegal.svg.png

Henry Adeyemi: Nigeria calling Senegal!

Senegal: Hello Nigeria.

Henry Adeyemi: Well, you were leading, but you’ve been toppled, and your votes are likely to see you lose ground.

Senegal: It’s very close this year; there’s always hope.

Henry Adeyemi: That’s the spirit, I suppose!

Senegal: Anyway, here are our votes:

7: Côte d’Ivoire

6: Cameroon

5: Egypt

4: Morocco

3: Mozambique

2: Rwanda

1: DR Congo

Senegal:

8 points go to…Nigeria!

10 points go to……Guinea!

12 points go to…

…Congo!

Senegal: Thank you Nigeria.

Henry Adeyemi: Thanks Senegal. The two Congoes bookend Senegal’s scores, with David Dodgson’s Republic taking twelve, and Craig Hopper’s Democratic Republic taking one. Chip Butty’s Guinea collect ten points, which isn’t something they’ve been doing very often. Let’s see the latest tables.

F-12.png?t=1302514894

Henry Adeyemi: Didier Dardon’s Morocco lead the way, while both David Dodgson’s Republic of the Congo and Albert Holstein’s Côte d’Ivoire climb four places towards contention. A six-point lead at the top is the biggest we’ve seen so far, and Morocco might well start to run away with it. Rwanda vote next, followed by Mauritius.

100px-Flag_of_Rwanda.svg.png

Henry Adeyemi: Nigeria calling Rwanda!

Rwanda: Rwanda picking up!

Henry Adeyemi: Good evening.

Rwanda: Good evening.

Henry Adeyemi: Erm…do you have some votes for us?

Rwanda: Probably. Let me just see.

Rwanda: Yes, here you go. The votes from Rwanda:

7: Nigeria

5: Senegal

4: Cameroon

3: Egypt

2: Algeria

1: Mali

Rwanda:

8 points go to…Morocco!

10 points go to……Angola!

12 points go to…

…DR Congo!

Rwanda: Good night then.

Henry Adeyemi: Thank you Rwanda. Juan King’s Angola clear their debt with ten points, while Craig Hopper’s DR Congo take twelve, and Didier Dardon’s Morocco extend their lead at the top with eight points.

100px-Flag_of_Mauritius.svg.png

Henry Adeyemi: Can you hear us in Mauritius?

Navin Ramgoolam: Yes, thank you, Henry.

Henry Adeyemi: It’s Mauritian Prime Minister Navin Ramgoolam! How are you?

Navin Ramgoolam: Not bad thank you Henry. Unfortunately, Mauritius missed out on the Final.

Henry Adeyemi: Yes, that is a shame. Still, you retain the chance to make a difference, with your votes.

Navin Ramgoolam: Of course. Here are the votes from the Republic of Mauritius:

7: Mali

6: Senegal

5: Rwanda

4: Egypt

3: Algeria

2: Morocco

Navin Ramgoolam: And here are our three biggest votes:

8 points go to…Guinea!

10 points go to……South Africa!

12 points go to…

…Mozambique!

Navin Ramgoolam: Thank you Nigeria. Have a good night, Henry.

Henry Adeyemi: Thanks, Mr Ramgoolam, I intend to. dafuge’s Mozambique stay in contention with a much-appreciated twelve points from their maritime neighbours, while Chip Butty’s Guinea pick up a rare high-pointer. Let’s see how the tables stand at this point.

F-14.png?t=1302774415

Henry Adeyemi: Tyler Burrows’s Egypt slip away from second place while Morocco steam ahead, but the real losers after that pair of votes are David Dodgson’s Congo and Albert Holstein’s Côte d’Ivoire, who plummet after picking up no points. At the bottom, Juan King’s Angola peel themselves off the bottom, to be replaced by Gambia. Hosts Nigeria vote next, followed by second-placed Mozambique.

100px-Flag_of_Nigeria.svg.png

Henry Adeyemi: Nigeria calling Nigeria!

Ryan Nelsen: Hey, Nigeria, this is Nigeria speakin’!

Henry Adeyemi: Hello again Ryan! We’re not doing too badly, are we?

Ryan Nelsen: Yeah, not too shabby for a team that aint played no games.

Henry Adeyemi: Well, I suppose we’d best get some votes from you.

Ryan Nelsen: Yeah, no worries man. The votes from Nigeria:

7: Rwanda

6: Morocco

5: Mozambique

4: Gambia

2: Mali

Ryan Nelsen:

8 points go to…Congo!

10 points go to……Senegal!

12 points go to…

…Egypt!

Ryan Nelsen: Thanks then buddy. See you around!

Henry Adeyemi: Thanks Ryan. Nigeria’s twelve points go to Tyler Burrows’s Egypt, with Ricky Nakano’s Senegal taking ten.

100px-Flag_of_Mozambique.svg.png

Henry Adeyemi: Can you hear us in Malabo?

Eusébio: Loud and clear, thank you, Henry. You’re putting on a lovely show so far.

Henry Adeyemi: Thank you, Eusébio. What do you think of Mozambique’s performance?

Eusébio: We’re doing pretty well, I must say. Hopefully we can win the tournament.

Henry Adeyemi: You’re definitely one of the contenders.

Eusébio: Glory for the loved fatherland! Here are our votes:

7: Guinea

6: Congo

4: Nigeria

3: Senegal

2: DR Congo

Eusébio: And here are Mozambique’s three biggest votes:

8 points go to…South Africa!

10 points go to……Morocco!

12 points go to…

…Gambia!

Eusébio: Thank you Henry. Good luck with the show.

Henry Adeyemi: Thank you, Eusébio. The moderator bloc vote holds out as Mozambique give twelve points to Kleen Shavern’s Gambia and ten to Dider Dardon’s Morocco. Mikael Schøler’s Mali receive a couple of poor figures from these two nations, so let’s see how that has affected their campaign.

F-16.png?t=1303212818

Henry Adeyemi: They suffer a slight drop, from sixth to ninth, but it isn’t as brutal as I’d expected, and the race remains tight. Tyler Burrows’s Egypt are the main competitors to leaders Dider Dardon’s Morocco, while down at the bottom, Juan King’s Angola become the first nation eliminated. Gambia, Algeria and Cameroon could join them soon, although they could keep their hopes alive with strong tallies from Egypt and Tunisia, who vote next.

100px-Flag_of_Egypt.svg.png

Henry Adeyemi: Nigeria calling Egypt!

Mido: Hello Nigeria, this is Egypt!

Henry Adeyemi: Good evening Mido, and the Egyptian people.

Mido: Good evening yourself. You’ve put on a lovely show.

Henry Adeyemi: Thank you. How do you rate Egypt’s chances?

Mido: What do you mean? We’re going to win, obviously.

Henry Adeyemi: Fair enough. Okay, we’re ready for your votes now.

Mido: The votes from Egypt;

7: Mali

5: Senegal

4: Mozambique

3: Morocco

1: Nigeria

Mido: And our three most important votes:

8 points go to…Gambia!

10 points go to……Algeria!

12 points go to…

…Angola!

Mido: Thank you Henry.

Henry Adeyemi: Thanks Mido. 12 points come too late for Juan King’s Angola, but Kleen Shavern’s Gambia and GG Donovan’s Algeria keep their hopes alive with high scores from Egypt. Ricky Nakano’s Senegal pick up five points and so overtake the Egyptians, climbing to second.

100px-Flag_of_Tunisia.svg.png

Henry Adeyemi: Hello Tunis, this is Lagos calling.

David Beckham: ‘Ey up, Henry, how’s it goin’?

Henry Adeyemi: Erm, not bad thanks David. How are things in Tunisia?

David Beckham: Ah, well, you know, innit?

Henry Adeyemi: Erm, yes, absolutely. Would you like to share Tunisia’s votes?

David Beckham: It would be a pleasure, innit;

6: Egypt

5: Angola

4: Algeria

3: Gambia

2: South Africa

1: Rwanda

David Beckham:

8 points go to…Morocco!

10 points go to……Côte d’Ivoire!

12 points go to…

…Mali!

David Beckham: Cheers, ‘enry, mate.

Henry Adeyemi: Yes, thank you, David. Mikael Schøler’s Mali take twelve points from Tunisia, with Albert Holstein’s Côte d’Ivoire bagging ten. But is it too late for them to mount a serious title challenge? Let’s take a look at the latest table.

F-18.png?t=1303374360

Henry Adeyemi: Ooh, I would say it’s too late for the Ivory Coast, but that Mikael Schøler’s Mali aren’t out of it yet. Gambia, Algeria, Cameroon and South Africa are out of it, however, as are Craig Hopper’s DR Congo, who have yet to vote. Dider Dardon’s Morocco are on the cusp of the century barrier, and sit an impressive thirteen points ahead of second-placed Egypt. Niger vote next, followed by Equatorial Guinea.

100px-Flag_of_Niger.svg.png

Henry Adeyemi: Nigeria calling Niger!

Mr T.: Good evening everyone!

Henry Adeyemi: Hello, neighbour. Do you have some votes for us?

Mr T.: Sir, yes, sir! The votes from Niger:

6: Mozambique

4: Senegal

3: Gambia

2: Morocco

1: Côte d’Ivoire

Mr T.:

8 points go to…Algeria!

10 points go to……Mali!

12 points go to…

…Nigeria!

Mr T.: Goodbye!

Henry Adeyemi: Thank you very much, Niger. Des Tiny’s Nigeria get a well-deserved twelve points there, while while leaders Morocco, Egypt and Senegal all scored low, allowing Mikael Schøler’s Mali to gain some ground.

100px-Flag_of_Equatorial_Guinea.svg.png

Henry Adeyemi: Lagos calling Malabo!

Guus Hiddink: Hello Henry. Hello Nigeria.

Henry Adeyemi: It’s Turkey manager Guus Hiddink!

Guus Hiddink: You’ve done well so far tonight.

Henry Adeyemi: Thank you. How would you like to help decide who hosts next year’s tournament?

Guus Hiddink: I’d like that. Here are the votes from Equatorial Guinea:

7: South Africa

6: Guinea

5: Algeria

4: DR Congo

3: Mali

2: Senegal

1: Egypt

Guus Hiddink:

8 points go to…Rwanda!

10 points go to……Nigeria!

12 points go to…

…Cameroon!

Guus Hiddink: Thank you Henry!

Henry Adeyemi: Thanks Mr Hiddink. It’s another ten points for Des Tiny’s Nigeria, while Liam Ferguson’s Cameroon take twelve. Let’s see how the latest tables look, in the absence of high votes for the leading teams.

F-20.png?t=1303483773

Henry Adeyemi: Des Tiny’s Nigeria avoid elimination and climb into contention, as Rwanda, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire and Guinea all find themselves unable to win. Dider Dardon’s Morocco break the century barrier, but are still a considerable way from winning. DR Congo vote next.

@BenArsenal: You can only change your spokesperson at the start of each tournament.

100px-Flag_of_the_Democratic_Republic_of_the_Congo.svg.png

Henry Adeyemi: Nigeria calling the Democratic Republic of the Congo!

Joseph Kabila: Good evening Mr Adeyemi.

Henry Adeyemi: Good evening Mr President.

Joseph Kabila: DR Congo are very low down. Needless to say, there will be recriminations for this.

Henry Adeyemi: It’s just a tournament, Mr President.

Joseph Kabila: Hmm. Here are the votes from the Democratic Republic of the Congo:

7: Egypt

6: Guinea

5: Mozambique

4: Morocco

3: Senegal

2: Nigeria

Joseph Kabila: And here are our three most important votes:

8 points go to…Angola!

10 points go to……Rwanda!

12 points go to…

…Congo!

Joseph Kabila: Have a good night, Henry.

Henry Adeyemi: Okay. Thank you DR Congo. Naturally, David Dodgson’s Republic of the Congo pick up twelve there, while Jack Browne’s Rwanda take ten. Let’s look at the penultimate table, but given that Egypt got three points more than Morocco, we won’t have a winner yet.

F-21.png?t=1303569124

Henry Adeyemi: Well, this is it, folks. Just Tyler Burrows’s Egypt and Dider Dardon’s Morocco remain in the race, as Mali, Senegal, Mozambique and Nigeria all now find themselves unable to win.

Henry Adeyemi: Nigeria calling Morocco…

If any lurkers want to have a team in next year's tournament, you've got 48 hours to let me know.

100px-Flag_of_Morocco.svg.png

Henry Adeyemi: Nigeria calling Morocco…

Marouane Chamakh: Hello Henry! You’ve put on a wonderful show.

Henry Adeyemi: Thank you. There has been drama, and it’s as yet unresolved.

Marouane Chamakh: Yes, and it’s in my hands to resolve it.

Henry Adeyemi: Yes indeed. If you give seven or more points to Egypt, they will win. Six or fewer, and you will win.

Marouane Chamakh: Let’s start with the higher votes then;

12: Côte d’Ivoire

10: Mozambique

8: Mali

Henry Adeyemi: Albert Holstein’s Côte d’Ivoire take twelve from Morocco, while Egypt can only take seven if they are to win.

Marouane Chamakh:

1: Nigeria

Marouane Chamakh:

4 points go to……Senegal!

5 points go to…

…Egypt!

Henry Adeyemi: Morocco have done it! Didier Dardon’s team scoop the title. Finish us off please, Marouane.

Marouane Chamakh: I’m delighted;

7: Gambia

6: DR Congo

Henry Adeyemi: So Didier Dardon’s Morocco oust Tyler Burrows’s Egypt to become the third Afrovision champions. Let’s look at the final table.

Henry Adeyemi: I’ll let you call up your manager, Marouane.

Marouane Chamakh: Thank you Henry. Ladies and gentlemen, Morocco manager Didier Dardon, and his team, the third Afrovision Managerial Contest champions!

Writer’s Notes: I realise I could have made up any votes here. I can only assure you that I did make my votes before seeing anyone else’s, and have not altered them since. Mozambique got two 12-pointers, Senegal got one. South Africa got one 12-pointer, Algeria didn’t get any.

100px-Flag_of_Morocco.svg.png

Maroaune Chamakh: Thank you Henry. Ladies and gentlemen, Morocco manager Didier Dardon, and his team, the third Afrovision Managerial Contest champions!

*Applause*

Henry Adeyemi: Didier Dardon, how do you feel?

Didier Dardon: Truly fantastic, Henry. After ze first year, I thought we would never win it. But I ‘as been proven wrong.

Henry Adeyemi: Let’s see how your team did in the past year.

Morocco.png?t=1303767956

Henry Adeyemi: Well, you only played four games, but you won them all, including three big wins. You got the highest score of anyone in your Semi-Final, let’s look at that.

SF3-Final.png?t=1303767961

Henry Adeyemi: 73 is a very good score, I bet from that point you knew you would win?

Didier Dardon: I was confident of success, not because we ‘ad done well in ze Semi-Final, but because we ‘ad done well over the year, and because we ‘ad done some deals with a few of our friends.

Henry Adeyemi: Did you feel under much pressure to win?

Didier Dardon: Everyone was saying ‘You’ve got the highest Semi-Final score. The team with the highest Semi-Final score always wins’ but I like ze pressure and it ‘elped us thrive.

Henry Adeyemi: What next for Morocco?

Didier Dardon: First we must get into the Cup of Nations and do well ‘zere. After that, maybe, I will think about Brazil.

Henry Adeyemi: Do you think you can recapture next year’s crown?

Didier Dardon: I wouldn’t like to say.

Henry Adeyemi: Who do you think will win?

Didier Dardon: I wouldn’t like to say.

Henry Adeyemi: Ah, that’s annoying. Well, ladies and gentlemen, without further ado,

The 2011 Afrovision Managerial Contest Champions…

MOROCCO!

a1078-starburst-football-trophy-257-p%5Bekm%5D281x300%5Bekm%5D.jpg

Henry Adeyemi: Congratulations to them. It’s goodbye from me and it’s goodbye from Nigeria. It’s been a pleasure to host the third Afrovision Managerial Contest and I wish Morocco luck with the fourth. Viewers in the arena tonight, viewers in Africa, and viewers across the world via BATRACER, good night!

منبت الأحرار

مشرق الأنوار

منتدى السؤدد وحماه

دمت منتداه وحماه

Archived