The Afrovision Managerial Contest

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel sorry for Lesotho who share very little borders. :p

Haha I'll help them out for a vote or two :p!

Other than that good look to my neighbours Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Swaziland! ;) Oh + Madagascar there pretty close as well :)!

Cape Verde, interesting. No borders, though should be good for a vote from Angola and Mozambique.

I call for an Island Bloc: Cape Verde, Seychelles, Comoros, São Tomé, Madagascar, Mauritius, Equatorial Guinea (capital is on an island).

Cape Verde, interesting. No borders, though should be good for a vote from Angola and Mozambique.

I call for an Island Bloc: Cape Verde, Seychelles, Comoros, São Tomé, Madagascar, Mauritius, Equatorial Guinea (capital is on an island).

Hey you can't do that, Nobag will lose 2 borders and only have 2 left! :eek:

The Beninese love a bloc vote at the best of times but to go against the grain I'd offer bloc voting to any nation that fancies a vote back, none of this borders malarky. We're going continental. PM me for details :cool:

Central African Republic...yikes I'm managing one of the world's poorest countries. 179th out of 182 countries on the Human Development Index. :(

We border DR Congo and Cameroon though so it's not that bad :D. We also got Chad, Sudan, and the other Congo as neighbouring countries.

The Beninese love a bloc vote at the best of times but to go against the grain I'd offer bloc voting to any nation that fancies a vote back, none of this borders malarky. We're going continental. PM me for details :cool:

You have a supporter here.

From a neighbour. :)

I'd like to get in on this bloc voting stuff but with only Ethiopia and Somalia in my vicinity I'm not sure it'd help too much.

Djibouti's vote would be much appreciated from Somalia :D we've got to gang together against these other blocs :p

2008: August and September

While there were no fixtures for any of the African nations in August, September offered the perfect chance for the new managers of these nations to cut their teeth. Most teams played a pair of games of the Second Round of World Cup Qualification. These are groups of four teams (and one of three) with the top team and the eight best runners-up qualifying for the Third Round.

Friday 5th September brought the first round of games. Pompey 13’s Malawi travelled to Djibouti to play Whoopy Dee’e’s team, and came away with a brilliant 4-0 win. Three other teams got big wins, with Didier Dardon’s Morroco beating Ethiopia 3-0 in Addis Ababa, and both the Ivory Coast and Be Jayatsena’s Burundi recording 3-1 away victories, the former against dafuge’s Mozambique and the latter against the Seychelles. Host nation South Africa lost 0-2 at home to Des Tiny’s Nigeria.

Another round of fixtures followed the next day, with Alfred Jarry’s Kenya beating Weeman Fernandez’s Namibia 3-1. Jeremy English’s Sudan beat Chad 2-0 while both Cape Verde and Cameroon and Burkina Faso and Tunisia drew 1-1. Sunday 7th saw two 0-0 draws, between Lesotho and Ken Co’s Gabon and between Joaquim Ntadi’s Madagascar and Botswana. The Republic of the Congo also drew, 2-2 with Mikael Schøler’s Mali. There were two 1-3 defeats for visiting teams: the host of the next African Cup of Nations, Juan King’s Angola, lost in Benin, while the winner of the last African Cup of Nations, Tyler Burrows’s Egypt, lost to Craig Hopper’s Democratic Republic of the Congo. The final game of the month was on the Wednesday, where Hryhorii Zahorchak’s Chad lost 0-2 at home to Sudan.

Looking at the World Rankings, the biggest African movers are Sir Ronald Vaughan’s Benin following their 3-1 win over Angola. They moved up 24 places to 81st. The Democratic Republic of the Congo, managed by Craig Hopper, moved up 14 places to 54th after they beat Egypt 3-1 and Jeremy English’s Sudan moved up 10 places to 98th following two 2-0 victories over Chad. Both Christina Modoglou’s Zambia and Alfred Jarry’s Kenya moved up 8 places. Tyler Burrows’s Egypt and Dees Blake’s Togo were the biggest fallers, both dropping 8 places. Togo lost 0-2 at Zambia. Ken Co’s Gabon and Robert Boyle’s Algeria both fell 7 places.

Please tell me if you'd prefer to have this list another way.

[font=Courier New]  [b]Nation            P W D L F A GD[/b]
 [/font][font=Courier New]Chad[/font][font=Courier New]              2 0 0 2 0 4 -4
 [/font][font=Courier New]Sudan[/font][font=Courier New]             2 2 0 0 4 0 +4

[/font][font=Courier New]Algeria[/font][font=Courier New]           1 0 0 1 0 1 -1
 [/font][font=Courier New]Angola[/font][font=Courier New]            1 0 0 1 1 3 -2
 [/font][font=Courier New]Benin[/font][font=Courier New]             1 1 0 0 3 1 +2
 [/font][font=Courier New]Botswana[/font][font=Courier New]          1 0 1 0 0 0  0
 [/font][font=Courier New]Burkina Faso[/font][font=Courier New]      1 0 1 0 1 1  0
 [/font][font=Courier New]Burundi[/font][font=Courier New]           1 1 0 0 3 1 +2
 [/font][font=Courier New]Cameroon[/font][font=Courier New]          1 0 1 0 1 1  0
 [/font][font=Courier New]Cape[/font][font=Courier New] Verde[/font][font=Courier New]        1 0 1 0 1 1  0
 [/font][font=Courier New]Congo[/font][font=Courier New]             1 0 1 0 2 2  0
 [/font][font=Courier New]Djibouti[/font][font=Courier New]          1 0 0 1 0 4 -4
 [/font][font=Courier New]DR Congo          1 1 0 0 3 1 +2
 [/font][font=Courier New]Egypt[/font][font=Courier New]             1 0 0 1 1 3 -2
 [/font][font=Courier New]Equatorial Guinea[/font][font=Courier New] 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2
 [/font][font=Courier New]Ethiopia[/font][font=Courier New]          1 0 0 1 0 3 -3
 [/font][font=Courier New]Gabon[/font][font=Courier New]             1 0 1 0 0 0  0
 [/font][font=Courier New]Gambia[/font][font=Courier New]            1 1 0 0 1 0 +1
 [/font][font=Courier New]Ghana[/font][font=Courier New]             1 0 1 0 1 1  0
 [/font][font=Courier New]Guinea[/font][font=Courier New]            1 0 1 0 1 1  0
 [/font][font=Courier New]Ivory Coast[/font][font=Courier New]       1 1 0 0 3 1 +2
 [/font][font=Courier New]Kenya[/font][font=Courier New]             1 1 0 0 3 1 +2
 [/font][font=Courier New]Lesotho[/font][font=Courier New]           1 0 1 0 0 0  0
 [/font][font=Courier New]Liberia[/font][font=Courier New]           1 0 0 1 0 1 -1
 [/font][font=Courier New]Libya[/font][font=Courier New]             1 0 1 0 1 1  0
 [/font][font=Courier New]Madagascar[/font][font=Courier New]        1 0 1 0 0 0  0
 [/font][font=Courier New]Malawi[/font][font=Courier New]            1 1 0 0 4 0 +4
 [/font][font=Courier New]Mali[/font][font=Courier New]              1 0 1 0 2 2  0
 [/font][font=Courier New]Mauritania[/font][font=Courier New]        1 0 0 1 1 2 -1
 [/font][font=Courier New]Mauritius[/font][font=Courier New]         1 0 1 0 2 2  0
 [/font][font=Courier New]Morocco[/font][font=Courier New]           1 1 0 0 3 0 +3
 [/font][font=Courier New]Mozambique[/font][font=Courier New]        1 0 0 1 1 3 -2
 [/font][font=Courier New]Nam[/font][font=Courier New]ibia[/font][font=Courier New]           1 0 0 1 1 3 -2
 [/font][font=Courier New]Niger[/font][font=Courier New]             1 0 0 1 0 1 -1
 [/font][font=Courier New]Niger[/font][font=Courier New]ia[/font][font=Courier New]           1 1 0 0 2 0 +2
 [/font][font=Courier New]Rwanda[/font][font=Courier New]            1 1 0 0 2 1 +1
 [/font][font=Courier New]Senegal[/font][font=Courier New]           1 1 0 0 1 0 +1
 [/font][font=Courier New]Seychelles[/font][font=Courier New]        1 0 0 1 1 3 -2
 [/font][font=Courier New]Sierra Leone[/font][font=Courier New]      1 0 0 1 0 2 -2
 [/font][font=Courier New]South Africa[/font][font=Courier New]      1 0 0 1 0 2 -2
 [/font][font=Courier New]Tanzania[/font][font=Courier New]          1 0 1 0 2 2  0
 [/font][font=Courier New]Togo[/font][font=Courier New]              1 0 0 1 0 2 -2
 [/font][font=Courier New]Tunis[/font][font=Courier New]ia[/font][font=Courier New]           1 0 1 0 1 1  0
 [/font][font=Courier New]Uganda[/font][font=Courier New]            1 1 0 0 1 0 +1
 [/font][font=Courier New]Zambia[/font][font=Courier New]            1 1 0 0 2 0 +2
 [/font][font=Courier New]Zimbabwe[/font][font=Courier New]          1 0 1 0 1 1  0

[b]No[/b][b] Ga[/b][b]mes:[/b]
 [/font][font=Courier New]Central African Republic[/font][font=Courier New], Comoros, Eritrea, Guinea-Bissau, São Tomé and Principe, Somalia, Swaziland[/font]

Nation in the Spotlight

100px-Flag_of_the_Republic_of_the_Congo.svg.png

Name: Republic of the Congo

Capital: Brazzaville

Population: 3.7 million

Manager: David Dodgson (DodgeeD)

World Ranking: 102

Stadium Capacity: 50,000

Last Three Results: H vs. Mali, 2-2; n/a

Djibouti's vote would be much appreciated from Somalia :D we've got to gang together against these other blocs :p

Pah! As Kenya's enemy it doesn't surprise me that your fishing for any vote you can get :p

I trust that I can count on Ethiopias support in this though

Kenya... ...in 1969 signed a defence pact with Ethiopia which is still in effect.

To everyone else please bear in mind Kenya rewards favourable voting with lions... but not you Somalia! No lions for you! I bet you'd steal a car too given the chance wouldn't you pesky pirates?

A 2-2 draw against Mali - decent result to start with :thup:

Thanks for the spotlight too canvey!! Capital city of Brazzaville :D - that's class! From Wikipedia, it seems my neighbours (and potential block voters) are DR Congo, Gabon, Cameroon and CAR. An Angolan enclave also has a border with us and our coastline situates us close to SaoTome and Principe. Congo also has a sizeable Pygmy population so I'll be garnering for a Pygmy block vote to include ourselves, DR Congo, Cameroon, Gabon, CAR, Rwanda, Burundi, Equatorial Guinea, Angola, Botswana, Zambia and Namibia! A force to be reckoned with. ;)

Archived