4th NeoAC         Swaziland     14
    - Robert_296    Algeria       14
  6th Xx_WeeCoop_xX Guinea-Bissau 15
  7th stoehrst      Zimbabwe      23
  8th hamilton162   Comoros       24
  9th SCIAG         Eritrea       26
 10th jayatsena     Burundi       28[/font]

DR Congo's votes have been cast.

Thank you to Central African Republic and to a lesser extent Nigeria, who voted for us in the last round, it will not go un-noticed in the voting for the final ;)

DR Congo would also like to thank Botswana, Angola and of course the Republic of Congo for their support, it will be remembered.

Still awaiting 20 sets of votes.

Finalists yet to vote:

fergysafc, Cameroon

JSalter, Cape Verde

Hamuel, Kenya

corinthiano, Madagascar

Edinho, Senegal

I will be sending out personalised PMs to those who have not yet voted.

cape_town900_1238845c.jpg

Cape Town

Lester Meek: The Afrovision Managerial Contest Final kicks off tonight, but before that, we’ll use this special one-hour programme to tell you all about our host city for the inaugural tournament: Cape Town.

Lester Meek: Founded by the Dutch in the 17th century, Cape Town is now South Africa’s second biggest city, after Johannesburg, and is a burgeoning city on the sporting and cultural scene. It’s always been popular with tourists, thanks to the picturesque views which can be enjoyed from atop Table Mountain, and is one of the world’s most multicultural cities, with many immigrants and expatriates within its 3.5 million citizens.

view_from_table_mountain.jpg

Lester Meek: As you can see, Cape Town is not without glittering sandy beaches. As well as Table Mountain and the other stunning land formations here, the beaches are a key part of any tourist’s schedule, and are also extremely popular with the locals. It is possible to visit several beaches in one day, and there is a dramatic difference in water temperature on the opposing sides of the bay shoreline. Boulders Beach is known for its colony of African penguins, and on any beach you will see surfers, and in fact the city hosts the annual Red Bull Wave Africa surfing competition.

Clifton-fourth-beach-small.JPG

Lester Meek: There’s something for everyone in Cape Town. Are you an architecture buff? Due to its initial construction as a trading post for Dutch ships on the Cape, the city has probably the highest number of Cape Dutch buildings anywhere in the world. Some of the buildings are truly breathtaking. And if you’re not into that, how about nature watching? The water hosts all kinds of mammalian creatures, such as the pods of whales you can see off the coast. Not too far away in the town of Hermanus, they actually have a whale festival, although they are well visible from many places in this city too.

4300749826_31bc6600c0.jpg

Lester Meek: And of course, the reason we’re here: football! As well as the Beautiful Game, you will find a lot of fans of both cricket and rugby in Cape Town. The Springboks are based here, as are, in football, two South African Premier League teams, Ajax Cape Town and Santos. Cape Town will be hosting World Cup finals games in the above stadium, so some of the teams we have brought with us for this tournament may be back in a year’s time for the World Cup. Cape Town fell short of becoming the 2004 Olympic Games host, but are rumoured to be interested in the 2020 games, which would make them the first African nation to host the games. Finally, Cape Town hosts the world’s largest individually-timed cycle race: the Cape Argus Pick ‘n Pay Cycle Tour. That’s a 109km route involving 35,000 cyclists.

Lester Meek: It’s a beautiful and glamorous city, that’s for sure, and it will be a big job for the next host, which could be any of our seventeen finalists, to be such a brilliant host. The final starts soon, and we can move ever closer to finding out who will be that host for next year.

NB. I do not own these images. All rights are reserved by their respective owners.

There are still 13 people left to vote. Voting closes at 9:08pm BST, but if I don't have five more votes by then it will continue until I get them.

Finalists left to vote:

fergysafc, Cameroon

JSalter, Cape Verde

corinthiano, Madagascar

Edinho, Senegal

Botswana, Burundi, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Libya, Malawi, Rwanda and Zimbabwe also still owe me votes.

Welcome to Cape Town…

Lester Meek: …for the Final of the inaugral Afrovision Managerial Contest! Twelve months ago we were only dreaming of this moment, and in those twelve months the national football teams of all the nations of Africa have been playing their matches in the hope of getting the votes of the other nations. Let’s reflect on how our seventeen nations found their way into the Final.

Lester Meek: South Africa, as hosts, made their way into the Final automatically. They were to be joined by the highest-ranked African nation, an honour that Senegal took at the last minute ahead of Cameroon, the Ivory Coast and Mali as the main contenders. They had to qualify through the Semi-Finals, which they didn’t all do. In the first Semi-Final, Mozambique raced into an early lead, and although they didn’t hold that lead, they still qualified in second place. Rwanda also started well, but lost out in the end to fifth-placed Zambia. Tanzania, who began with a 12 point deduction, gathered steam throughout to take the top spot, and Madagascar’s early rise to the top was sustained, allowing them to progress in 3rd place. Kenya were always there or there abouts, and seized their Final place by finishing 4th.

Lester Meek: In the second Semi-Final; Mali, Cape Verde and Sudan were the early winners. They all went on to qualify, in 1st, 5th and 2nd position respectively while the yo-yoing Ivory Coast finished 7th and failed to qualify. Egypt didn’t start too well, but consistently picked up the points that qualified them in 3rd place, with Morocco qualifying 4th. And in the third Semi-Final, Niger and Nigeria started beautifully, but the campaign of the former tailed off to result in a disappointing 9th place, although the latter qualified in second position. Angola were also early front-runners but missed out, while Benin initially flirted with qualification and then soared to a 104-point haul to proceed in first place. Central African Republic and Gabon performed strongly throughout, earning them their qualification, although Cameroon looked to be missing out until very late on.

Lester Meek: So those are our Finalists. All of the African nations have had their chance to vote for their most worthy winner, and they have allocated points to different nations based on those team performances. Points from 1 up to 7 were given, as well as a big trio of 8, 10 and 12 points. The sum of these points dictates a nation’s finishing position. However, there were some difficulties in the voting this year, meaning that certain votes didn’t arrive. This is most pressing for tonight’s Finalists, who will see points deducted from their team. No votes were received from Cameroon or Madagascar, who are deducted 12 points each. Senegal also did not vote, and did not vote in the Semi-Final also, meaning they are allocated two 12 point deductions for a total of 24 points. Here is the list of nations as we prepare for our first votes.

F-0.png?t=1273612851

Lester Meek: Cape Verde and Tunisia will vote first!

Gah! Sorry I didn't get my votes in. It's been my last two weeks of Uni and it has been hectic to say the least, trying to get everything sorted and what not. My time on her has been very limited, if existent at all. I can only apologise, but I didn't realise I would be this busy.

Good luck to all those in the final!

I'm not talking us up, we have actually had a pretty poor season. I'm just talking Nakano down :D

We're so good that we're unbeaten and haven't given up a single goal! :D

Teams are just shaking in their boots that they don't even want to face us! :cool::p

Cape_Verde.png

Lester Meek: Hello, Cape Verde, can you hear us?

Cape Verde: Loud and clear, Lester!

Lester Meek: Congratulations on making the Final. Let’s hope your nation can put up a good fight in the name of all island nations. Please can you give us Cape Verde’s votes to get this Final started?

Cape Verde: Here are the votes from Cape Verde:

7: Gabon

6: Benin

5: Kenya

4: Mozambique

3: Zambia

2: Tanzania

1: Mali

Cape Verde: Here are Cape Verde’s three biggest votes:

8 points go to…Madagascar!

10 points go to……Central African Republic!

12 points go to…

…Senegal!

Cape Verde: Thank you Lester Meek.

Lester Meek: Thank you, Cape Verde, and I’m afraid it is probably goodbye as well. If you don’t win it, I won’t be talking to you again.

Cape Verde: I won’t say goodbye because I know we will win it!

Lester Meek: That’s always the right attitude! Cape Verde get us started and Edward Still’s Senegal’s deficit is halved already. Overachievers Ricky Nakano’s Central African Republic take the top spot with 10 points.

Tunisia.png

Lester Meek: Hello, Tunisia, can you hear us?

Tunisia: Erm, yeah, just about, Lester.

Lester Meek: Can you try and give us Tunisia’s votes?

Tunisia:

12 points go to…

Gabon!

10 points go toCape Verde!

8 points go to…Cameroon!

Tunisia:

7: Tanzania

6: Mali

5: Senegal

4: Kenya

3: Benin

2: Nigeria

1: Zambia

0: Sudan

Lester Meek: Stop! Stop! You’ve gone too far!

Tunisia:

-1: Morocco

Lester Meek: Tunisia! Tunisia! Stop!

Tunisia:

-2 points go to…

Lester Meek: We’ve had to cut the transmission from a rampant Tunisia. Unfortunately, they sent us some messed up votes, so we’re taking the first 10 countries given. That means Sudan won’t get 0 points, not that that will affect them, and Morocco will not lose a point. Ken Co’s Gabon get their campaign underway with 19 points from 24, and Karl Unpingco’s Cape Verde take 10 from 12. How are the tables looking?

F-2.png?t=1273784251

Lester Meek: Ken Co’s Gabon lead the way, with Cape Verde and Central African Republic following behind them. All three indebted nations have reduced their deficits to single figures. Next we go to Namibia and Ethiopia for votes.

Well, I'm pretty annoyed since coldkohmew has just sent me revised votes and I was supposed to be getting the 12 points :(.

Namibia.png

Lester Meek: Good evening Namibia!

Michelle McLean: Hello again Lester. Let’s hope you don’t try any jokes again tonight.

Lester Meek: I was just going to do one, but oh well. Can you spare a minute to give us Namibia’s votes?

Michelle McLean: Of course;

7: Kenya

6: Tanzania

5: Gabon

4: Cameroon

3: Cape Verde

2: Madagascar

1: Egypt

Michelle McLean: Here are Namibia’s biggest votes:

8 points go to…Mozambique!

10 points go to……South Africa!

12 points go to…

…Zambia!

Michelle McLean: Thank you South Africa, and goodbye!

Lester Meek: Well, obviously the Namibian people quite liked my joke, as Matt Lepino’s and my very own South Africa take home 10 points. Christina Modoglou’s Zambia will be very happy with 12 points to really kick their campaign into motion.

Ethiopia.png

Lester Meek: Hello Ethiopia!

Ethiopia: Good evening South Africa.

Lester Meek: It’s good to hear that your boycott has ended. Please share Ethiopia’s votes.

Ethiopia:

7: Sudan

6: Zambia

5: Mozambique

4: Nigeria

3: Senegal

2: Mali

1: Madagascar

Ethiopia: Here are our biggest votes:

8 points go to…Kenya!

10 points go to……South Africa!

12 points go to…

…Cameroon!

Ethiopia: Good night South Africa!

Lester Meek: Well, Matt Lepino’s South Africa pick up another 10 points. Liam Ferguson’s Cameroon pick up the full 12 here, doing them good and taking them into the positive points values. Jeremy English’s Sudan also get their campaign started. What do the tables tell us?

F-4.png?t=1273868720

Lester Meek: Matt Lepino’s South Africa have made a big leap up to 3rd, but Ken Co’s Gabon still lead the way. We’ll next move to Ethiopia’s rivals Eritrea, and then to joint leaders Kenya.

Aw boo. No points. Obviously were very jealous of CAR's incredible record against global opposition. :p

Don't worry Pluck, Egypt will have more than 1 point by the end of the competition. Less than CAR obviously though. ;)

Eritrea.png

Lester Meek: This is South Africa calling Eritrea!

Eritrea: Good evening Lester.

Lester Meek: Can you give us Eritrea’s votes?

Eritrea: Here are the votes from the state of Eritrea:

7: Nigeria

6: Senegal

5: Morocco

4: Mozambique

3: Central African Republic

2: Sudan

1: Benin

Eritrea: Here are the biggest votes from us:

8 points go to…Egypt!

10 points go to……Cameroon!

12 points go to…

…Mali!

Eritrea: Good night South Africa!

Lester Meek: Didier Dardon’s Morocco get their campaign started with 5 points, as do Tyler Burrows’s Egypt who pick up 8 points to reach 9. Liam Ferguson’s Cameroon are keeping their hopes well and truly alive with 10 points.

Kenya.png

Lester Meek: Good evening Kenya!

Krishnan Guru Murthy: Good evening Lester.

Lester Meek: Now we’ve been following your Twitter feed at @krishgm and you believe that Kenya will win it?

Krishnan Guru Murthy: Absolutely.

Lester Meek: Well you are in a very strong position. Can you please give us your votes?

Krishnan Guru Murthy:

7: Cape Verde

6: Cameroon

5: Zambia

4: Mali

3: Gabon

2: Central African Republic

1: Morocco

Krishnan Guru Murthy:

8 points go to…Benin!

10 points go to……Madagascar!

12 points go to…

…Tanzania!

Krishnan Guru Murthy: Back to you, Lester, in the studio.

Lester Meek: Cheers Krishnan, and good luck tonight. Joaquim Ntadi’s Madagascar make it into double figures, while 12 points will be very useful for Thelonius Davis’s Tanzania. Let’s see how the tables stand after that pair of votes.

F-6.png?t=1273929879

Lester Meek: Mikael Schøler’s Mali leap up to 5th with 16 points from 24, but the real story is Liam Ferguson’s Cameroon seizing top spot. They would be clear by a neat distance by now if only they had voted. Next we go to Burkina Faso and the Gambia for votes.

Attention Lurkers!

If you exist and you would like a place, four nations have just become available. Just state your interest here and I will send you a small form to fill in. Providing you're a suitable applicant, you'll get a place if you are one of the first four to apply. Obviously those already taking part can't take a second place.

The nations available (you don't need to choose one yet) are:

Burundi

Guinea

Guinea-Bissau

Libya

Archived