Raware

[FM10] Land of the Vikings

24 posts in this topic

Game : Football Manager 2008 (PC)

Version : Official SI 8.0.1 patch - Edits : FF Lillehammer’s colours as they’re wrong on the official database

Database size : Large

Leagues loaded :

• Denmark (Second Division and above)
  • Finland (First Division and above)
  • Iceland (First Division and above)
  • Norway (Second Division and above)
  • Sweden (Second Division and above)

Previous experience : Sunday morning footballer

After my disappointment again with the latest edition of Football Manager, I’ve once again gone back to the version which gives me the most satisfaction and fun playing…Football Manager 2008.

I’ve always had a fascination with the Scandinavian leagues and some of the players that they produce (plus I’d always like to visit Scandinavia some time in the future). So, for this save (which will probably be one of my longest saves now as I won’t be purchasing anymore FM’s due to my disappointment with the last two releases :() I’ve decided to load up the Scandinavian leagues. As always, I’ll be starting at the bottom and trying to work my way up the leagues. I’ll be attempting to do this with the newly promoted FF Lillehammer of the Second Division. While I want to stay at Lillehammer and attempt to take them as far as possible, if I do receive a job offer which is too good to turn down, I may decide to take it.

I hope you enjoy my journey. Comments are welcome :).

Career Summary

Season   Team              League          		    Position   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2008    FF Lillehammer    Norwegian 2nd Division Group 1     2nd      -
2009    FF Lillehammer    Norwegian 2nd Division Group 1     3rd      -
2010    FF Lillehammer    Norwegian 2nd Division Group 1     1st      League Champions

Trophy Cabinet

[b]Norwegian Second Division Group 1[/b] - 2010

*All stats are up to date with current season

FFL.png

Founded in 1999, FF Lillehammer are a semi-professional Norwegian football club currently playing in the Norwegian Second Division Group 1. The club play their home games at Stampesletta Kunstgress and possess adequate training facilities and an adequate youth set up. The club is affectionately known as FFL. As a club which enjoyed its best spell of success during the 2000’s and their last competition win coming as recently as 2000, FFL are a club with a growing history. Lillehammer finished as runners-up in the Norwegian 3rd tier in 1999 and 2001, and won the Norwegian 3rd tier for the only time in 2000 and finished runners-up two times.

Home.pngAway.png

FFL.png

FF Lillehammer

Season 2008 : Preview

League expectation

-------------------------

Norwegian Second Division Group 1 : Respectable league position (Board expectation) 6th (Media expectation)

Cup expectations

---------------------

Norwegian Cup : 2nd round

Transfer budget : £0

Wage budget : £700 p/w

Current wage bill : £1k p/w

FFL.png

FF Lillehammer

Season 2008 : Review

League table/League progress : After a sluggish start we managed to pick up our form and gain some momentum which eventually took us to 2nd in the league by the end of the season. Obviously it’s disappointing to come so close but we’ve got to be delighted with how our first season went. Hopefully we can build on this, although I’m not expecting miracles; if we can finish in the top 5 next season, I’ll be more than happy.

Norwegian Cup : We came so close to causing a massive upset but Lyn Oslo showed why they’re a Norwegian Premier Division team as they held their nerve to progress. Still, we managed to reach the boards expectation so I’m pleased with that.

Transfers : It was a busy season for transfers as altogether, 34 players came and went during the season. The squad was looking bereft of quality when I arrived so one of the first things I did was to look at bringing in that bit of quality we needed. We managed to bring that in through the likes of Mergim Dervishi, Simen Haugen, Torgeir Hoas, Lars Okland and Erlend Storesund and all of them proved to be successful buys for us.

Squad : I’m pleased with the look of the squad and have no doubts that it has the quality to reach what the board want…a respectable league position by the end of the 2 year plan (end of 2009). For us to kick on though I think we may need a few more players, most notably an out and out goal scorer.

Career Summary

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2008    FF Lillehammer    Norwegian 2nd Division Group 1     2nd        -

FFL.png

FF Lillehammer

Season 2009 : Preview

League expectation

Norwegian Second Division Group 1 : Respectable league position (Board expectation) 6th (Media expectation)

Cup expectations

---------------------

Wage budget : £2.1 p/w

Current wage bill : £1.5k p/w

FFL.png

FF Lillehammer

Season 2009 : Review

League table/League progress : We made a brighter start to the league campaign this year but just couldn’t keep up with Moss FK who came down from the First Division last year. They proved to be too strong for everyone in the division and that showed as they claimed the title by a massive 11 points; 16 points ahead of us. Although we finished lower in the table and with less points than last year, I’m still pleased at where we finished. As I said before the season started, as long as we finished in the top 5 then I’d be happy.

Norwegian Cup : I was disappointed to go out of the competition at the first hurdle, as were the board, but having been drawn against First Division outfit Baerum, it was always going to be tough to get a result.

Transfers : It was a lot quieter for us this season in the transfer market with only 3 players coming in and 1 going out. Those that came in were Nicholas Sharro and Daniel Fylling who were both signed with a view as back up players and Andreas Aakre who’s turned out to be a great signing for us.

Squad : The squad is still looking decent and able to compete with the majority of the teams in the league. I feel we’re still missing that prolific goal scorer though which we’ll need if we’re to get out of this division, although Simen Haugen didn’t do too badly as he knocked in 12 goals in 27 games.

So, we’ve reached the brief that the board gave us when I first took over and that was to finish in a respectable league position in 2 years. From here…well, there’s only one thing on my mind now and that’s to get promotion. With only one team going up though and the quality of the teams coming down, it’s going to be tough.

Career Summary

2008    FF Lillehammer    Norwegian 2nd Division Group 1     2nd        -
2009    FF Lillehammer    Norwegian 2nd Division Group 1     3rd        -

FFL.png

FF Lillehammer

Season 2010 : Preview

League expectation

Norwegian Second Division Group 1 : Respectable league position (Board expectation) 4th (Media expectation)

Cup expectations

---------------------

Wage budget : £3.9k p/w

Current wage bill : £2.5k p/w

FFL.png

FF Lillehammer

Season 2010 : Review

League table/League progress : We made a good start to the season which saw us go on an unbeaten run of 18 league games. It was this superb run which helped us to go on and claim the title, 7 points ahead of Odd Grenland’s second string.

Norwegian Cup : For the second successive season we were dumped out of the cup at the first hurdle. I’m disappointed to have gone out so early in the competition but again, it was always going to be difficult against superior opposition.

Transfers : For us to kick on from last year we needed to bring in a few more faces and we did that by bringing in Rassel Ramadhani, Karl Palatu, Kenneth Jensen, Magnus Sylling Olsen and Nikolai Djupesland. All of the players brought in brought that extra quality we needed, especially Nikolai Djupesland who finished the season as the clubs joint top scorer with 8 goals in 26 games.

Squad : The squad was more than capable in competing with the rest of the teams in the league and they showed that as they claimed the title this year. Both Nikolai Djupesland and Simen Haugen provided the fire power up front for us with a combined total of 16 goals between them. However, with us playing in a higher division next season, I have no doubts that I’ll need to bring players in with more quality or we could well face a season of relegation.

So, overall I’m delighted to have won promotion this year. Now my aim is to try and sustain the clubs position as a First Division outfit. Anything other than relegation will be a great season for us next year.

Career Summary

2008    FF Lillehammer    Norwegian 2nd Division Group 1     2nd      -
2009    FF Lillehammer    Norwegian 2nd Division Group 1     3rd      -
2010    FF Lillehammer    Norwegian 2nd Division Group 1     1st      League Champions

Well done on the promotion!

I'm surprised Valerenga 2 scored 80 league goals, twice what you achieved, and were 10 points off the top.

Well done on the promotion!

I'm surprised Valerenga 2 scored 80 league goals, twice what you achieved, and were 10 points off the top.

Cheers Ron :thup:.

It's a strange league as Odd Grenland 2, Valerenga 2 and Stabaek 2 all have different line ups week in week out. I think what they do is use the first team players in the second string team when the first team don't have games. Luckily for me, I played all 3 teams when their first team had a game in the Norwegian Prem so I managed to escape playing against their better players :D.

very lucky then :) Congrats on the promotion and good luck in Division 1 :)

very lucky then :) Congrats on the promotion and good luck in Division 1 :)

Very! :D Cheers acidmonkey, I think I may need it!

FFL.png

FF Lillehammer

Season 2011 : Preview

League expectation

Norwegian First Division : Attempt to avoid relegation (Board expectation) 15th (Media expectation)

Cup expectations

---------------------

Transfer budget : £9k

Wage budget : £6.8k p/w

Current wage bill : £5.2k p/w

Out of 16! :( The top 2 go up automatically to the Prem with 3rd place playing a play off with 3rd from bottom in the Prem. The bottom 4 go down in our division so anything lower than 12th will see us return to the Second Division. Although i've just found out, if Valerenga 2, Odd Grenland 2 or Stabaek 2 had of won the league, I still would of been promoted as the reserve teams aren't allowed to play in the First Division. At least that's a consolation to know if we go down this year :).

Yet another Raware thread, yet another subscription and a story that will no doubt have it's twists and turns along the way! :)

Great first 3 seasons with Lillehammer mate, i wish you the best of luck in your quest to avoid the drop in the First Division :thup:

Yet another Raware thread, yet another subscription and a story that will no doubt have it's twists and turns along the way! :)

Great first 3 seasons with Lillehammer mate, i wish you the best of luck in your quest to avoid the drop in the First Division :thup:

Yeah, unfortunately I couldn't get on with 10.3 and honestly, I didn't have the will power to reinstall everything to take it back to 10.2 and start again so i've gone back to the version which I get more fun out of.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, I think i'm gonna need it. Just been hammered 4-1 :(.

Sampled any pistes yet?

Not yet Nobby but i'm sure i'll encounter a few this year. Just hopefully not the slippery one back down to the Second Division.

4-1 first game of the season? Ouch :(

im sure you will turn it around :)

Cheers C, although this save has gone as it's on my desktop which was damaged in transit when my belongings were shipped back from Hong Kong :(. In fact, this thread might as well be deleted. I'll look forward to reading your Nordic thread in the future :D