Milevskyi- back to goal?

My assistants seem to think I should train Artem Milevskyi to play with his back to goal. What are the benefits, if any, to this ppm? I use him as an attacking complete forward.

(I got him to drop the "come deep for the ball" ppm on my first request:D)

Milevskyi play normaly strong Target Man and if he play with his back to the goal he will hold the ball more with out lose it, he can use is strenght to keep the defender beind hem and can pass more easy to open the game, so i recommend you to do this :)

I'm playing with Schalke, I could use Milevskyi as a targetman, since I have Farfan as inside forward (attack), Rakitic as attacking midfielder (attack) and Baumjohan as inside forward (support).

What kind of drop-off in scoring from Milevskyi should I expect if I switch him from complete forward to target man?

There would probably a noticeable drop off, but not a major one- this happened when I accidentally changed Drogba to a target man (I wanted another player to play as a target man for one match, and I forgot to set Drogba back to "complete forward" afterward).

However, I don't think you'd need to change him. The complete forward holds the ball up when he needs to anyway. Giving him the PPM would just encourage him to link up with those four brilliant attackers a little more. You should still have him scoring at the same brilliant rate :)

Archived