Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

hi mr hough and thank you for creating another great tactic.i would like to ask you what is the difference between the two center backs as they have different instructions on your 10.3 classic tactic(the right one is more diffensive than the other).there is also a difference at the through balls of the two mc's,the right one is set to often and the left one to sometimes.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi cragswfc, thought id give your tactic a test on my fiorentina save. only played 2 games so far:

Away vs Sampdoria - won 2-1 (completely dominated the game and they scored in last minute)

Home vs Lecce - Won 4-0

one of my goals came from what looks like the corner b*g. is it included in your tactic?

I suppose the 10.3 wizard defense is never going to get finished properly as I have asked countless times in this thread and got no response.

So which tactic do people think is the best, 10.3 classic or 10.3 wizard?

I used classic once, got absolutely hammered and went back to 10.3 wizard, for the life of me though, I cannot shore up that shoddy 10.3 wizard defense. I have tried all sorts.

Thank you Mr Hough, I was just starting to struggle using the Randals tactic, 6th in the league

with Arsenal switched to your classic tactic, goals are flying in and clawed back 15 points,

now on the verge of taking the title.

I have been playing fm since the cm days, never been any good at making tactics but

this is the business.

I just don't know with this tactic. Im currently using it in my Millwall save. Im in the prem and although i think im doing ok sitting mid-tables ish it just seams i either grind out wins or i just get tonked by more than 3 goals. I don't have the best players so thats probs the problem but just seeing as others have had success with it just seems a little strange.

It look likes the tactic some how lost his magic for some reason, I'am now in my 3rd season with the spurs, won the 1st season the league and fa-cuo, the 2nd season I won the league and champions league. Nothing to complain about ( 6 matches before the end, already champions, 128 goals ahead and 37 against, 97 points!), a magical tactic! but now I have very different results with 10.3, but now I have very different result like loosing the comm. shield against liverpool 2-4, it is possible to loose from liverpool, but with that much goals, than I won with 2-1 against man city, but lost than against shaktar for the european super cup. I get a lot of changes but I don't score them and the opponent get less changes but score more. it looks like I get sometimes overrun in a matches, when I watch the match It looks like I don't have the comtrol anymore.

What to do, to make the tactic stable again, with less defensive trouble and that I score my changes, the last matches I had 24 and 22 changes and score 2 and 1 time(s)

It look likes the tactic some how lost his magic for some reason, I'am now in my 3rd season with the spurs, won the 1st season the league and fa-cuo, the 2nd season I won the league and champions league. Nothing to complain about ( 6 matches before the end, already champions, 128 goals ahead and 37 against, 97 points!), a magical tactic! but now I have very different results with 10.3, but now I have very different result like loosing the comm. shield against liverpool 2-4, it is possible to loose from liverpool, but with that much goals, than I won with 2-1 against man city, but lost than against shaktar for the european super cup. I get a lot of changes but I don't score them and the opponent get less changes but score more. it looks like I get sometimes overrun in a matches, when I watch the match It looks like I don't have the comtrol anymore.

What to do, to make the tactic stable again, with less defensive trouble and that I score my changes, the last matches I had 24 and 22 changes and score 2 and 1 time(s)

I think thats just football mate, every team has dodgy spells.

For me awesome, I'm started with arsenal, and results are impressive. I play with Arshavin(six goals in five matches, Van Persie 3 goals, 1 assist in 3 matches often has a slight injuries and Hanke 4 goal, 6 assists in 4 matches.

Hmmmm thought I'd give my tuppence worth as Mr Hough was been very reliable in the past, with Paris St-Germain, I adopted the classic tactic around 15 games in. Offensively, its very good and my strikers are getting plenty of goals and decent ratings, but its very flawed at the back. 17 games in and I haven't kept a clean sheet yet, unconvinced for me because I don't want my strikers to keep bailing me out, but I may persevere or change as I would like a clean sheet every now and then..........

I am going to give this tactic a try.

I don't normally download other peoples tactics but i have been struggling defence wise on patch 10.3 but scoring a lot.

One quick question though why has the left side central midfielder got through balls sometimes and not often when everything else is the same as the right side central midfielder ?

Going to use the classic 10.3

Had very good results, with my CFR Cluj save.

Noticed that high morale is vital. Team talks hold a very important role in FM 2010, and this tactic proves it.

Did a few changes though:

- all strikers are on high closing down

- when behind a goal, increase tempo to 10 or 12

- DM is very, very important. High tackling, heading, stamina, determination and aggressiveness are required.

- When strikers are underperforming, switch them around.

- When ahead with 2 or 3 goals, reduce the mentality of your full-backs, that by the way have to have good stamina among other stats. When my full backs reach a condition of under 70%, i replace them.

- As Mr. Hough mentioned, a few posts back, make sure you use the OI if you are struggling in defence. Always tight mark the ST, FC and AMC. Would not recommend to close them down if your CB's are limited.

Hope this helps.

ok this tactic is amazing, im middlesboro in the second season, i took over them in the first in december and was 19th in the championship, i won that after not losing a game for the rest of the season, and ive just won the premiership after scoring a total of 103 goals in the league! thank you MrHough! :D

can some1 help me, ive the tactic into the folder but when i click on import, the folder isnt there, is there something else i need to do for it to work, thanx in advance

maybe because of your file name.... please rename it and put .tac at the end of the filename..

hope this help...

thanx for ur help, i'll give it ago, ive just tried it and still won't show, when ive downloaded it, should the file be plain white because mine come's up with the notepad icon in which to open it in, thanx

The file you download is the file you have to place in your tactics folder. (C:\Users\[uSERNAME]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\tactics)

I like this tactic.

swindon8-0carlisle.jpg

It's taken a while to find the right players for the right positions but I've had some great results and am currently sitting in 1st in League One with 14 games of the season left, despite a media prediction of 15th.

hi cragswfc, thought id give your tactic a test on my fiorentina save. only played 2 games so far:

Away vs Sampdoria - won 2-1 (completely dominated the game and they scored in last minute)

Home vs Lecce - Won 4-0

one of my goals came from what looks like the corner b*g. is it included in your tactic?

i dont know what the corner bug is:confused: but some 1 said 4 me to use tho attacking corners setting so maybe it has :p

Hmmmm thought I'd give my tuppence worth as Mr Hough was been very reliable in the past, with Paris St-Germain, I adopted the classic tactic around 15 games in. Offensively, its very good and my strikers are getting plenty of goals and decent ratings, but its very flawed at the back. 17 games in and I haven't kept a clean sheet yet, unconvinced for me because I don't want my strikers to keep bailing me out, but I may persevere or change as I would like a clean sheet every now and then..........

Yep I have the same issue with Arsenal...just can't keep a clean sheet and got mullered away from home in the Champs lge..

I'm struggling with this tactic...

First season, went up via playoffs with Walsall (League 1) very mixed bag of results!

Second season, finished 18th in Championship, again no consistency in results.

Third season, currently playing. I find the main problem this season is creating chances, i'm not creating as many as in the previous two seasons.

I ask assistant for opposition instruction, is this where i'm going wrong?

Any suggestions welcome

First season, went up via playoffs with Walsall (League 1) very mixed bag of results!

Third season, currently playing. I find the main problem this season is creating chances, i'm not creating as many as in the previous two seasons.

Any suggestions welcome

I would leave the opposition instructions alone. I don't ever touch them.

Any suggestions welcome

Have you been improving your team, Improve it with the player attributtes i have stated in the OP but don't buy loads of players keep it to a max of say 6, Then try and loan in players too.

Loaning especilly lower league is essential make sure you do this.

I'm working on a new tactic same formation but better defence i think i've cracked it.....

I messed around with the attack though and it's not as good so i'm trying to get it back where it was before.

Have you been improving your team, Improve it with the player attributtes i have stated in the OP but don't buy loads of players keep it to a max of say 6, Then try and loan in players too.

I'm working on a new tactic same formation but better defence i think i've cracked it.....

I messed around with the attack though and it's not as good so i'm trying to get it back where it was before.

I have been improving my team, to the point where the start of my current season i thought i'd cracked it! (4 wins from 4, 11 scored, 4 against) However, the next four games were 3 defeats and a draw.

My signings have been made with key attributes as the priority, therefore i would expect to do better if im using better players.

hi dave been trying your new tactic and was tweaking to also i think in my opinion its balance between the team settings because ive set up the tac u have and tried defensive tweaks also but it takes from attack and vice versa remember the rule of one settings before i think it could be that so in theory it should be balanced

also tight marking always eg rooney or even rubish strikers dosnt seem to work but closing down on aml amr fc ml mr seems to be ok

just a few suggestions dave but ur tactics have always been the best ive used

happy paddies day m8

I have been improving my team, to the point where the start of my current season i thought i'd cracked it! (4 wins from 4, 11 scored, 4 against) However, the next four games were 3 defeats and a draw.

My signings have been made with key attributes as the priority, therefore i would expect to do better if im using better players.

I can understand your frustrations and i think i have cracked the defence issues that poeple have been having.

I will admit though that i have made this breakthrough on my tottenham save and my players are good so it could just be them.

I have let a few people test the tactic and if it goes well i will be uploading today or tomorrow.

I have also been using the corner cheat in one of my saves and can understand why people will use it because it is really devestating although i have noticed that you will miss alot of chances with this as the keeper will save some shots if he has good reflexes.

I am thinking of including this in my future tactics but i'm not sure yet i might release the tactic as links to with the corner cheat and without it so people can decide themselves if they wanna use it or not.

hi dave been trying your new tactic and was tweaking to also i think in my opinion its balance between the team settings because ive set up the tac u have and tried defensive tweaks also but it takes from attack and vice versa remember the rule of one settings before i think it could be that so in theory it should be balanced

also tight marking always eg rooney or even rubish strikers dosnt seem to work but closing down on aml amr fc ml mr seems to be ok

just a few suggestions dave but ur tactics have always been the best ive used

happy paddies day m8

Happy paddys day to you too, You crazy Irish man LOL

Mr Hough -

Cheers for taking the time to try and make the defence a bit better.

I have been trying likewise to do the same but it seems that by tightening up the defense you lose some of your attacking play (at least in my case anyway!)

In fact at one point I seemed to have tightened the defense so much that I was just inviting teams onto me and they were getting wave after wave of attack.

I'm looking at Inters performance vs Chelsea last night where they were just so well organised and never gave Chelsea a sniff. Obviously your attacks are limited so you'd have to take the chances when they come.

So I'm going to keep your original and try and build a second, more defensive, tactic that can be used in tough away, european games etc. Obviously though I'm trying to keep the same shape so that players don't get upset by constantly changing formation.

If your having trouble with defence try using these OI's

Tight Marking - Always MR ML AMR AML AMC ST

Closing Down - Always MR ML AMR AML AMC

playing as Dag & Red

now in the premiership...

played 16

won 3

drawn 5

lost 8

i've seen the computer use the corner cheat against me 3 times (screamer scored from someone lurking outside the area)

had two goal keepers get MOM awards

That said i beat Liverpool away, Man Utd away and drew with Chelsea at home so this is all very confusing

all my players meet Mr Hough's standards and i have no players below a 3 star rating

any advice?

playing as Dag & Red

now in the premiership...

played 16

won 3

drawn 5

lost 8

i've seen the computer use the corner cheat against me 3 times (screamer scored from someone lurking outside the area)

had two goal keepers get MOM awards

That said i beat Liverpool away, Man Utd away and drew with Chelsea at home so this is all very confusing

all my players meet Mr Hough's standards and i have no players below a 3 star rating

any advice?

try without tight marking

and ask ass mabe

Well the season is over and i have won the Championship with 111 points, scored 104 and conceded just 36 goals! Remarkable defence but up by scoring plenty. I did have a sticky patch around January when i was hit by injuries! I have 7 players out injured and they were all my strikers!! I had to play some of my U18 strikers because all my reserves were out on loan but they did a job and i would of been better off but i think my players decided to break for the end of the season a tad early and i lost three of my last five games! My three main strikers scored 67 goals between them and my central defender ended up with 13 goals.

Capture_001.jpg

th_Capture_001-1.jpg

As you can see my 1st season the premier league has started off superbly!! I am the only remaining team unbeaten and i sit in 2nd place. Beat Bolton 5-1, Liverpool 3-2, Hull 2-1, Arsenal 3-0 and have won my last 2 games 3-1 against Man City and Everton both away from home.

th_Capture_002.jpg

I improved my squad using the filter i created, sold most players who only had 10 for all the attributes needed and got in players with 12 for all. Signed Diaby & Vela from Arsenal who were both transfer listed, payed £3.1m for Diaby and £3.2m for Vela. Also got Darron Gibson who was released from Man Utd and signed Thierry Henry was was available on a free and is a good backup striker.

All in all i am very happy with this tactic and hope my season continues to go well. I am using the BETA tactic.

I can understand your frustrations and i think i have cracked the defence issues that poeple have been having.

I will admit though that i have made this breakthrough on my tottenham save and my players are good so it could just be them.

I have let a few people test the tactic and if it goes well i will be uploading today or tomorrow.

I have also been using the corner cheat in one of my saves and can understand why people will use it because it is really devestating although i have noticed that you will miss alot of chances with this as the keeper will save some shots if he has good reflexes.

I am thinking of including this in my future tactics but i'm not sure yet i might release the tactic as links to with the corner cheat and without it so people can decide themselves if they wanna use it or not.

i have noticed using the corner bug in a few of my matches if for example your player scores 2 or 3 goals from the bug..then for the rest of the game the AI goalkeeper will pretty much save any other chance your team creates from normal play....its almost as if the AI has decided that you have now scored your "quota" of goals and you won't be scoring anymore!!!

th_Capture_001-1.jpg

As you can see my 1st season the premier league has started off superbly!! I am the only remaining team unbeaten and i sit in 2nd place. Beat Bolton 5-1, Liverpool 3-2, Hull 2-1, Arsenal 3-0 and have won my last 2 games 3-1 against Man City and Everton both away from home.

th_Capture_002.jpg

I improved my squad using the filter i created, sold most players who only had 10 for all the attributes needed and got in players with 12 for all. Signed Diaby & Vela from Arsenal who were both transfer listed, payed £3.1m for Diaby and £3.2m for Vela. Also got Darron Gibson who was released from Man Utd and signed Thierry Henry was was available on a free and is a good backup striker.

All in all i am very happy with this tactic and hope my season continues to go well. I am using the BETA tactic.

You have bought some fantastic players there and very very cheap aswell well done

Ive been using the wizard tactic and gcs one, without the corner tactic to start, but i wasn't scoring many, 1 or 2 a game. i was dominating play with 23 shots, but only a few on target, whereas the opposition would have 3 shots and id be drawing 2-2 or whatever. Ive flirted around with different starting strategies but nothing seems to change the way my team has been playing. Don't get me wrong im top of the premiership, but i was expecting amazing results and lots of goals because of what ive been reading and id probably be getting the same results with a basic 442. I just got smashed 4-0 by Juventus away in the euro cup and then 5-1 at anfield. So ive decided to try the classic version, only played with it for one match but i beat chelsea 6-1 at home, chelsea's goal coming from a 30 yard free kick so not much any tactic can do against that. So im going to keep trying the classic version because it worked alot better, less long shots aswell.

Could i have been having problems with this as i installed the 10.3 patch half way through my save ?

And how exactly do the classic and wizard version differ ?

EDIT : when i used the corner tactic i did not see any benefit from it, i hardly scored from corners.

Congratulations for another amazing tactic. I changed to this tactic in may 2015 playing with Rapid Bucharest. 13 played 13 wins...46 scored and only 8 conceded...including a 3-0 win over man city in the UEFA Cup final.

Next season 3 games and 3 wins 9 scored and 0 concedet in the league (but I`m playing against weaker teams) First loss was against Real Madrid, 3-2 in the European Supercup. I lost in the 87th minute with a 35yard goal by higuain.

This tactic creates a lot of shots on goal (not long shots) but surprisingly a small number of cc. I mean from having 4-5 ccs per match with mr hough`s tactic for 10.1 I went to having only 1 or 2 ccs, but I score more goals.

The succes of this tactic is in my opinion sad for the game...for the realism of the game...I mean I don`t know a lot of teams that use a tactic like this in real life. I loved the 4-2-4 even if it wasn`t as efficient as this 4-1-2-3 (don`t take this as a criticism because the tactic is amazing...congrats again!)