Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, there's a limit as to how much can be done about the defense, in terms of tweaking sliders. The other part of the equation are the players. If you have players with good stats for defending, then the defense will be obviously better. However, taking the same slider settings and putting average defenders on the pitch will see you leak more goals. You can compensate somewhat for their average ability through good man management, mainly team talks.

To be honest, there's a limit as to how much can be done about the defense, in terms of tweaking sliders. The other part of the equation are the players. If you have players with good stats for defending, then the defense will be obviously better. However, taking the same slider settings and putting average defenders on the pitch will see you leak more goals. You can compensate somewhat for their average ability through good man management, mainly team talks.

I totally agree Ace. There is a limit with tactics on how good your defence can be. I've used Mr Hough's tactics with great success, but have found the defence actually operates better when you have dominant midfielders. Good defenders will become great when the two central midfielders are the dominant players. In the past, I always used the philosophy that great strikers will cover most deficencies. But with experimentation, CMs with great passing, strength, composure(yes composure!), determination and supremely important, heading and bravery. They will totally dominate the opposition.

Some the CMs I've used, have been, on paper, perhaps ordinary. But as long as bravery, heading and , I feel, determination are thier best qualities. So much more can be achieved. Just some thoughts to add to Mr Hough's great tactics.

P.S.- if you can find a DM with similiar qualities, it just adds so much more. I've found that heading, along with jumping and bravery is one of the most important aspects for midfielders and defenders. Less so for strikers.

I totally agree Ace. There is a limit with tactics on how good your defence can be. I've used Mr Hough's tactics with great success, but have found the defence actually operates better when you have dominant midfielders. Good defenders will become great when the two central midfielders are the dominant players. In the past, I always used the philosophy that great strikers will cover most deficencies. But with experimentation, CMs with great passing, strength, composure(yes composure!), determination and supremely important, heading and bravery. They will totally dominate the opposition.

Some the CMs I've used, have been, on paper, perhaps ordinary. But as long as bravery, heading and , I feel, determination are thier best qualities. So much more can be achieved. Just some thoughts to add to Mr Hough's great tactics.

P.S.- if you can find a DM with similiar qualities, it just adds so much more. I've found that heading, along with jumping and bravery is one of the most important aspects for midfielders and defenders. Less so for strikers.

Agree as well. As long as you will be facing opponents that actually attacks you with good players, good quick players, you will conced goals. On top of that, if we are in the lead 3 or 4 Nil,. the risk of us conceding is actually much bigger than if being 2-0 up only as the players will get a bit too relaxed. That is why, when using plug & play tactics, we see stats of teams having the same points but having hugely diffent goal differencen one team having 68F-12A and other teams having 102F-38A, all depending on if the tactic is too good in its attacking moves. In the end MR H, I would not worry too much about it as long as their isn't any major defensive issue.

GB68,

I will have to look at that. I took reading to 2nd in the ELP last season with this tactic, and thought I had strengthend my team as I got 2 better central midfield. THis season I am struggling badly, about mid table and strikers arnt scoring. I have been trying to pinpoint if it was the loss of "Jo" up front. It mayde that the midfield were a lot better in those areas as I went for passing and creativity techiniqe.

Well, this tactic has just enabled me to have THE most enjoyable save I have ever had on any football management game ever. I loaded 3 nations – England, Germany and Spain.

I started out at Shrewsbury in League 2. Got promotion in first season. I quickly got snapped up by Middlesborough, and guided them to the play offs, narrowly missing out on promotion. Next season I stormed it and easily won the championship with them, I was then snapped up by Cameroon And won the African Nations Cup. Didn’t perform well with them in the world cup so took a job with West Brom. Took them from 18th in the Championship to promotion to the Premeirship.

I then Left them for Stuttgart in Germany where I came in the top 3 and built up the club before moving to Everton. I dual managed Everton and Italy for a season and a half, taking Everton to a 2nd placed finish in the Premiership.

I then had a job offer from Betis. I took it and came 9th after joining them midway through the season. The next season I had an incredible run and won La Liga!!! I am still managing Italy as well, and have qualified for the world cup, and have just been offered a job by Real Madrid on £245k a week!

What a save. What a tactic.

Thank you.

Well, this tactic has just enabled me to have THE most enjoyable save I have ever had on any football management game ever. I loaded 3 nations – England, Germany and Spain.

I started out at Shrewsbury in League 2. Got promotion in first season. I quickly got snapped up by Middlesborough, and guided them to the play offs, narrowly missing out on promotion. Next season I stormed it and easily won the championship with them, I was then snapped up by Cameroon And won the African Nations Cup. Didn’t perform well with them in the world cup so took a job with West Brom. Took them from 18th in the Championship to promotion to the Premeirship.

I then Left them for Stuttgart in Germany where I came in the top 3 and built up the club before moving to Everton. I dual managed Everton and Italy for a season and a half, taking Everton to a 2nd placed finish in the Premiership.

I then had a job offer from Betis. I took it and came 9th after joining them midway through the season. The next season I had an incredible run and won La Liga!!! I am still managing Italy as well, and have qualified for the world cup, and have just been offered a job by Real Madrid on £245k a week!

What a save. What a tactic.

Thank you.

Bloody hell what an adventure well done bud, Which version was you using mate.

did you make any tweeks to it smallclone?

Not that I can remmember. But what I do every match is tweak the tactics at half time / 60 mins depending on the score.

winning by 2 or more = increase time wasting and tackling

losing - decrease tackling

also, making the right substitutions reaelly can affect the result. It might sound very obvious, but I've never had so many good changes with the correct subsitutions as i do with this tactic. I sometimes replace 3 subs at 55 mins. It's risky but seems to pay off.

The 2 key player attributes for me = left centre back must have a heading attribute of 17 or more

The centre striker needs flare and creativity, and helps if he is also an accomplished "FC" or "AM" (but whislt being a natural striker of course)

Sorry if these are obvious and have already been discussed.

Hi,

I've been using the tactic for 2 seasons now and loving it. Just a few questions (sorry if these have been asked, I've read about 10 pages of this forum but don't have time for all 45 right now!)

1) Which is the actual Classic Tactic, I think I'm using the old one http://www.filefront.com/15775207/10...%202010%29.tac but should I be using the new ones added at the bottom of the post - http://www.filefront.com/16523081/Mr...-Nov-2009.tac/ ?

2) Are there any preferred moves for any of the positions. I'm currently training a team of newgens specifically for this tactic and wanted to give them some moves to suit this tactic?

3) In relation to the above question, is anyone tweaking tuggs training for this tactic (or using/tweaking another regime specifically for this tactic)?

4) Is anyone finding their outside strikers run to the wings to often instead of taking on players or going down the centre. They usually end up putting in a weak cross that is easily cleared. I feel that if they stuck to the middle they would be closer to the other two strikers and be able to put in a good through ball (which is probably preferred given the attributes criteria they have) Apart from preferred moves (which older players wont accept) is there anything else I can do to combat this?

Sorry for all the questions but I, like many others here, want to perfect this tactic. I did just read the DirtyACE update on the OP and I'm definitely going to try it out as I am experiencing some of the issues that lead to the tweaks (defenders having a cup of tea whilst pondering what to do with the ball amongst others!).

Cheers

Thank you so much! Stuck in 7th in the league with Liverpool, nearly out of the CL, out of the FA cup and with a LC final against Arsenal. Changed to your tactic, tweaked it slightly because of lack of strikers, now a 4-1-2-1-2 with an AM instead of a Deep Lying forward. Won 4 out of 4 so far, Juve next is the big test.

Hi,

I've been using the tactic for 2 seasons now and loving it. Just a few questions (sorry if these have been asked, I've read about 10 pages of this forum but don't have time for all 45 right now!)

1) Which is the actual Classic Tactic, I think I'm using the old one http://www.filefront.com/15775207/10...%202010%29.tac but should I be using the new ones added at the bottom of the post - http://www.filefront.com/16523081/Mr...-Nov-2009.tac/ ?

2) Are there any preferred moves for any of the positions. I'm currently training a team of newgens specifically for this tactic and wanted to give them some moves to suit this tactic?

3) In relation to the above question, is anyone tweaking tuggs training for this tactic (or using/tweaking another regime specifically for this tactic)?

4) Is anyone finding their outside strikers run to the wings to often instead of taking on players or going down the centre. They usually end up putting in a weak cross that is easily cleared. I feel that if they stuck to the middle they would be closer to the other two strikers and be able to put in a good through ball (which is probably preferred given the attributes criteria they have) Apart from preferred moves (which older players wont accept) is there anything else I can do to combat this?

Sorry for all the questions but I, like many others here, want to perfect this tactic. I did just read the DirtyACE update on the OP and I'm definitely going to try it out as I am experiencing some of the issues that lead to the tweaks (defenders having a cup of tea whilst pondering what to do with the ball amongst others!).

Cheers

1) The Classic Original is the very first link in the OP. It's really up to you which version you use, but the most popular ones are the Classic Original, Unbeaten Final Version, and the Mr. Hough & JP Woody version. The first two are a bit better for bigger teams because they have more width, but the Mr. Hough & JP Woody version is better defensively due to it's narrowness. So it kind of depends on what team your are managing.

2) There are no preferred moves recommended, because these usually depend on the actual player and not the tactic. PPMs are simply on-pitch player behavior and not some special moves. It's completely ok not to have any PPMs either. It's up to you. If you have a player capable of certain things, then perhaps you'd want to exploit those strengths further, hence you ask them to learn a specific PPM. Lets say a player has good finishing, composure, technique, flair, acceleration and pace, then you can ask him to place his shots in order to take advantage of his skills. Keep in mind though, even if you don't ask him to learn to place shots, he'll still do it, just not as often as with that specific PPM.

3) Not sure about Tuggs training. I personally don't use it because they're frankly outdated. You should take a look at SFraser's training thread instead. He also posted some schedules there, but you should definitely read his OP to understand the theories behind his schedules.

4) Yes, the strikers will run to the wings for a variety of reasons, some of them having to do with what the opposition is doing, like crowding out the center. You can try to offset this a bit with PPMs like "moves into channels" and "cuts inside". My own strikers just have the "moves into channel" and that's it.

The crosses are a bit of a lottery usually, the success of them depends on the player performing the cross, the player on the receiving end, and the opposing players. For example in my game, I have a tall, strong striker, with high anticipation, playing in the center, so my crossing success rate is higher than it would otherwise be. However, I wouldn't waste any time looking for strikers with high crossing stats if I were you. If they have them, then it's a bonus, and if they don't, then it's still fine.

Yes, try out the tweaks I've made if you are experiencing some of the problems I've mentioned in the explanation sections. For your center backs, you can go even further and increase their creative freedom by another notch or even two, just to see if their behavior with the ball improves. I increased them only by one notch because that's what fixed the problem for me. In your case, you might need to go a bit higher. Also, keep in mind that these tweaks are only part of the solution to the problem. The other part are the players themselves. If you have defenders with low decision making, concentration, and anticipation attributes, then you'll have a lot more moments of them "having a cup of tea whilst pondering what to do with the ball", no matter what settings you use.

where can i find the link for the latest tactics ?

Try the opening post. All the tactics and other info are there.

do you use opp instruction in this tactic ?

OIs are not required, but you can use them. I do, but only when I play against top teams. Otherwise, I forget about them.

The only real OI that can be used universally is showing players onto their weaker foot, because this OI doesn't interfere with your own team's positioning much. The other OIs, like the closing down one, can wreak havoc on your team's shape, and open up many gaps for the opposing players.

I really don't want to check all 45 pages, so..

I downloaded the wizard tactic because I don't really enjoy looking at all those sliders.. Besides I wanted to change, for example, advanced forward to target man etc.

I switched to 4-1-2-1 and it's working fine, I get a lot of chances, my opponent has 5-7 shots.

But, as I read in 1st page, the wizard tactic has some defensive flaws. I concede 2-3 goals from these 5-7 shots. Any solutions found in these 45 pages?

Here are the screens of my spurs tester season with the Winger tactic. I used this for the entires season tweaking the defence when i felt it needed it.

Final League Table.

SpursLeague.jpg

Goal Scorers.

Spursgoalscorers.jpg

Transfers In/Out.

SpursTransfers.jpg

Treble Winning Season.

SpursTreble.jpg

Although great success as you can see the defence needs tweaking and i have 2 days off from work so i will be looking to fix this up. The attack on the other side is the best i have seen in any tactic with no cheating what so ever.

As you can see i dont normally post on here because i have been totally useless at the game. But i just wanted to say a big thank you to Mr Hough and Dirtyace for the fanatstic insight into AVD MOD- Mr Hough 4-1-2-3 Unbeaten final version.

I am on a Chelsea save and i tried this tactic from the very start on the season:

won Charity Shield

won League Cup

won FA Cup

won Champions League

won Premier League

Premier League looked like this: Played 38..............won 31............drew 5...........lost 2............goals for 117................goals against 17............points 98

Record for all games played: Played 67.............won 58............drew 6............lost 3..............goals for 210..............goals against 33

Thanks once again guys for all your hard work!

24 of the goals from Bassong, Kaboul and King.. I think that is a little too much from corners but maybe you get alot of corners because you play wingers?!

I don't think that is much from 3 center halfs combined, If you combine my strikers, Defoe Pavlechenko Crouch and Gudjohnson they scored i think 97 goals thats a great stat and one i'm more intrested in.

Looks brilliant Dave.Isn't 41 conceded goals are a lot ? (just wondering :p)

Yes i think it is abit much aswell because Tottenham have good defenders and and very good Kepper so i looking at the defence. I'm off work now for 2 days so i'll be able to have a really good look at it.

Yes i think it is abit much aswell because Tottenham have good defenders and and very good Kepper so i looking at the defence. I'm off work now for 2 days so i'll be able to have a really good look at it.

because you will have time to work on the tactic, do u have any idea when you'll be letting it loose? I'm just asking. No pressure of course!!

because you will have time to work on the tactic, do u have any idea when you'll be letting it loose? I'm just asking. No pressure of course!!

I might release it as a beta so you guys can have a look, Obviusly you know about the defence so if i do release it i'd use it with good teams for the start till i get it sorted

I might release it as a beta so you guys can have a look, Obviusly you know about the defence so if i do release it i'd use it with good teams for the start till i get it sorted

Because this new tactic is with wingers, do u plan to tell what attributes are needed for the positions? Also, atm I'm using the most recent tactic with dirtyace's tweaks. Do i still use the player filters that u have listed in the OP? Thanks

Can a tactic be a beta ? never thought it could be.

anyway mate,just let us play with it until you look at the defense at your work ;)

Because this new tactic is with wingers, do u plan to tell what attributes are needed for the positions? Also, atm I'm using the most recent tactic with dirtyace's tweaks. Do i still use the player filters that u have listed in the OP? Thanks

Yeah i would do it's basicaly common sense i think really what you need when it comes to wingers crossing dribbling flair technique etc.......

Here are the screens of my spurs tester season with the Winger tactic. I used this for the entires season tweaking the defence when i felt it needed it.

Final League Table.

SpursLeague.jpg

Goal Scorers.

Spursgoalscorers.jpg

Transfers In/Out.

SpursTransfers.jpg

Treble Winning Season.

SpursTreble.jpg

Although great success as you can see the defence needs tweaking and i have 2 days off from work so i will be looking to fix this up. The attack on the other side is the best i have seen in any tactic with no cheating what so ever.

41 goals against?! Looks like this might be weak at the back like the 4-1-2-1-2 that was released last week..

i tryed avd mod and i think this version have better attack than classic unbeatable but also i think classic unbeatable have better defence from that and i think need tweak for defence corner settings beacause give lot of possesion from that

i tryed both tactics with a lower league team(but my players lil better than others(lower league players) cos. i am loan from premier league youth players)

Mr. Hough and Dirty Ace congratulations on AVD MOD – Mr. Hough’s Unbeaten Final Version.

I'm impressed in attack, really I'm playing with Deportivo Atlas Club in Mexico, but defenders are being overplayed a lot and in my previous saves.

Defence is a leak I was trying something but I'm not sure yet what to do.

As I said attack works awesome, defence is at some point leak so do you have some suggestions?

Hi guys. I have a stupid question for you. Why is there tactics like they were in the past football manager editions? Like arrows up and down? Can you choose wether you want to play the new tactical version of fm2010 and the old one? Please answer that..

Anyway, looking forward to the release of the winger tactic! Thanks in forward for all the hard work hough.