Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've made some changes to the original 4-1-2-1-2 by Mr Hough and thought I'd share. A few disclaimers if you will: I'm new to FM (like 2 weeks), I used Inter as my team which is an obvious advantage.

The changes I made:

FBs: increase passing to one notch above center point (so it is mixed). Decrease crossing to "rarely". Note that I don't change the Run From Deep as mentioned in other tweaks. I find this causes the FBs to act like wingers.

DM: Increase passing style to first notch of direct, and increase closing down by 3 notches as described in prior tweaks.

CMs: The CMr has passing 4 notches into Direct, through balls to Often, and creative freedom up 3 notches. The CMl has passing at first notch of direct, mentality UP one notch, Long Shots "sometimes".

AM: Has roaming "on", mentality down one notch, passing to center of slider (mixed).

STr: Mentality increased two notches.

STl: Rund from deep "sometimes", passing to first notch of "direct", creative freedom up to first notch of "Much".

Teamwise: tempo and width are decreased 3 notches.

The result is more a passing game, and I've trained and selected my players to have high passing and creativity, and higher "tactics" in general, especially CMr, AM, and to some extent the FBs. Depending on the opponent, I sometimes switch the DM to more of an anchor man approach (so more defensive mentality, less creative freedom, short passing).

Results are pretty good. Not sure what screen to post for results, but- In two and a half seasons, I've won 120 games and lost 0, drawn 8. Scored 353 goals, conceded 53. I got an offer to manage Brazil- not sure what that means but seemed cool. Also got manager of the year for first 2 years (year three not finished).

Fun stuff.

awesome tweaks... 17 game winning streak atm

Are you after the mr hough and JP final 4-1-2-1-2 tactic? if so, i think i've go that one somewhere

Thanks TheSpecial1 for the link and ron.e if you have it I'd still appreciate it as I could then compare incase both of yours are slightly different.

Mr Hough

Have you had any luck with the new 4-1-2-1-2 defense? I know its only been a couple of days, but maybe you have done well with your testing with Everton and Tottenham?

Steve

Thanks for keeping the interest, I have been playing with the defence slighty but had alot of work to do so i haven't had the time unfortinatly

Thanks for keeping the interest, I have been playing with the defence slighty but had alot of work to do so i haven't had the time unfortinatly

You need to pull a sick day and concentrate on your tactic ;)

I'll write you a doctors sick note :D

Finally got around to downloading 2010 couple days ago and am glad to have stumbled onto some realy nice threads right out of the gate. Any chance I could get upload or manual instructions for what attributes to look for, being filefront has been down (been trying since last night 8:00 pm).

Here you go

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/194951-Mr-Hough-10.3-Tactics?p=5429658&viewfull=1#post5429658

I've made some changes to the original 4-1-2-1-2 by Mr Hough and thought I'd share. A few disclaimers if you will: I'm new to FM (like 2 weeks), I used Inter as my team which is an obvious advantage.

The changes I made:

FBs: increase passing to one notch above center point (so it is mixed). Decrease crossing to "rarely". Note that I don't change the Run From Deep as mentioned in other tweaks. I find this causes the FBs to act like wingers.

DM: Increase passing style to first notch of direct, and increase closing down by 3 notches as described in prior tweaks.

CMs: The CMr has passing 4 notches into Direct, through balls to Often, and creative freedom up 3 notches. The CMl has passing at first notch of direct, mentality UP one notch, Long Shots "sometimes".

AM: Has roaming "on", mentality down one notch, passing to center of slider (mixed).

STl: Rund from deep "sometimes", passing to first notch of "direct", creative freedom up to first notch of "Much".

The result is more a passing game, and I've trained and selected my players to have high passing and creativity, and higher "tactics" in general, especially CMr, AM, and to some extent the FBs. Depending on the opponent, I sometimes switch the DM to more of an anchor man approach (so more defensive mentality, less creative freedom, short passing).

Results are pretty good. Not sure what screen to post for results, but- In two and a half seasons, I've won 120 games and lost 0, drawn 8. Scored 353 goals, conceded 53. I got an offer to manage Brazil- not sure what that means but seemed cool. Also got manager of the year for first 2 years (year three not finished).

Fun stuff.

Simply incredible! Everyone is asking for the new 4-1-2-1-2 from Mr Hough but what about tweaking the existing one, it's amazing!

This is my first season in the Premier League so far with it playing as Oxford, with an average squad at best.

capturetgz.png

The tactic: http://www.mediafire.com/?8uxjkf2kph2ys7n

It got my newly promoted Oxford side to second in the prem in our first season up at christmas.

i just tried it but my midfielder often pass straight to he opposition and lead to counter...and sometime my CB not marking tight enough and the striker can dribble through easily....did u have player filter for this tweak version

The changes I made:

Fun stuff.

are these amendments to Mr Houghs 41212 complete dominance tactic??? thanks

I'm getting killed by late headers in close games with the tweaky tactic.

Do many of you have alternate defensive game-closing tactics? Obviously I can't use shouts or anything since all player instructions have been over-ridden.

I love the tactic, I'm just having trouble closing out games. I use OI's on the wingers to try to keep them out of the corners but the AI just throws 8 guys into the box and it's game over.