Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

You mean you won by having 3 AMCs instead of 3 STs?

I agree that in that case the defense does become even more solid. I usually pull back all 3 STs into AMC positions if I'm leading by a single goal or maybe even two and have 10 minutes left on the clock.

Sorry i should have given more detail.

What i did was pulled the left and right side strikers into the middle amc slots and left the middle striker upfront.

Thats all i had done so far but observing the game against fiorentina the above changes i mentioned is something i would look at.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right im getting rally frustrated with this tactic!! i totally agree this is no doubt a great tactic but think its better for championship teams and above with good players!! Im playing in Blue Square premier and although im scoring in every game im always conceeding and sometimes take a pounding!! My defenders make mistakes in every game resulting in goals and i think the tactic is too advanced for less skillful players! can anyone suggest anything to tighten the defence up please??

Right im getting rally frustrated with this tactic!! i totally agree this is no doubt a great tactic but think its better for championship teams and above with good players!! Im playing in Blue Square premier and although im scoring in every game im always conceeding and sometimes take a pounding!! My defenders make mistakes in every game resulting in goals and i think the tactic is too advanced for less skillful players! can anyone suggest anything to tighten the defence up please??

league table

tablex.png[/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Judging from the table you posted, you aren't doing badly. You're in second place.

I know that Mr. Hough tested these tactics with Blyth for example and he had great success, so it's quite possible to make this tactic work in Blue Square leagues. In fact, if you read through this thread, there are a number of people who have tried these tactics at that level and many have succeeded.

You have to keep in mind that you need the right players in order to make the tactic work to full potential. Use the player filters that Mr. Hough provided. At the league level you're playing, any attribute of 9 or 10 is great.

I know Mr Hough uses Tug's training, and mentions it in his first post in the thread. I am curious sas to if anyone is using any other training schedule, or if someone created their own or have modified an existing training schedule like Tug's or SFraser's.

I am expermienting with SFraser's training schedules at the moment, that is why I ask.

I know Mr Hough uses Tug's training, and mentions it in his first post in the thread. I am curious sas to if anyone is using any other training schedule, or if someone created their own or have modified an existing training schedule like Tug's or SFraser's.

I am expermienting with SFraser's training schedules at the moment, that is why I ask.

I use SFraser's schedules also. They work very well. I also make my own custom schedules based on SFraser's thread about training. Once you've grasped the concept, then it's easy to devise schedules to mold your players into what you want them to be.

I very rarely use training Schedules to be honest, Only after a few seasons if i wanna continue my career I'll use them.

Hi Mr Hough,

I would like to ask you where do did you get your inspirations to make these tactics?... Im wanting to start building my own tactics and hopefully they will be successful just like yours. I was wondering if you could help me out by telling me what sorts of things you look for when building a tactic. Do you first make the tactic with a top club and then try it with a "poor" team. Or do you start it from scratch with a "poor" club etc. During the match what things show you that your tactic is going to be Successful and what makes you think its not going to work?

If you could help i would be grateful.

Can you tell me where you play Dzeko? I ask because I'm always unsure how to play the target man type strikers in these tactics.

I've played him at all three positions in my Liverpool squad and he's been fantastic. I played him mainly as the central striker, but with Torres as well I'm spoilt for choice.

After winning everything in my 2nd season with Liverpool, currently on a 64 unbeated games run, I have acepted the Brazil National Job, let's see how they handle Mr Hough's tactics. :)

I've been using the Mr Hough/ JP Woody version.

Cheers,

Boony

Hi Mr Hough,

I would like to ask you where do did you get your inspirations to make these tactics?... Im wanting to start building my own tactics and hopefully they will be successful just like yours. I was wondering if you could help me out by telling me what sorts of things you look for when building a tactic. Do you first make the tactic with a top club and then try it with a "poor" team. Or do you start it from scratch with a "poor" club etc. During the match what things show you that your tactic is going to be Successful and what makes you think its not going to work?

If you could help i would be grateful.

I think it's hard to explain where to start with making tactics i'll have a go though.

What i first did was make my tactic in the wizard system but when choosing your system make sure you read everything on the screen and try and think ahead on what that will mean on the pitch.

Example Very rigid will make the team stay in position and rarely mnove into advanced positions so the defenders just defend and stay in position midfielders the same and the attackers the same, You can change some of the settings in the advanced slidders after the tactic is complete though.

Here is a screenshot of what i mean.

Helpingothers1.jpg

I think the Wizard is the best invention to the FM series this year by far, It's just simply fantastic.

With the wizard you can basicly choose what system you want to play and it will do it for you.

Using the advanced slidders is something you don't have to do but if you want optimal performace then i would advise it

back to the tactics and how i make them.

After you have chosen your system from the philophy slection you come to this.

HelpingOthers2.jpg

I have just touched on the passing here but the same theory will apply to the rest of the options here.

Try and weigh up the pro and cons for the options that you can choose, It's difficult but thats what i do.

and you can do that for all the settings throughout the Wizard.

So when you have finished you will have your desired tactic ready.

the what you need to do is play a few games and see how the tactic plays and adjust accordingly.

like if the defence is too high and your getting hammered by balls over the top then move the d-line slightly

The key to tactics is not knowing this or that about analysis or knowing the ins and outs about players training and stuff like that, the key is oberservation.

If you can look at your team while it's playing and if the opp scores try look at the goal again and see where the position of your players are so you can try and make changes so that the opp can't do it again.

It sounds so simple don't it, Well it is seriously.

the sme goes with attacking aswell look at the attack and see what changes you would make if any that might help the team put there chances away better.

Trial and error is the best advice i could give you becuase i could ramble all day about what i do but it's just what i observe in the match engine and make changes to suit my team.

I start off with a mid table team mostly then go to a lower league side.

I know i've rambled on abit in this post i hope it helps you slightly

ive cut and pasted forum thumbnail and still no image appearing in post?? Anyone help?

Use photo bucket i think there the best.

When you upload your photos use the code that says. IMG Code copy and paste that and it willshow a big screen like in my posts.

Mr Hough. I thank you. I think the main reason as to why a lot of my tactics do not work are because im "rushing" in to things. I guess the key is "take your time?"... How many games do you usually test your tactic for before seeing whether it is going to work or not?

Are player attributes the key? Or would you say its mainly positioning and how they play the ball around which works best?

Mr Hough. I thank you. I think the main reason as to why a lot of my tactics do not work are because im "rushing" in to things. I guess the key is "take your time?"... How many games do you usually test your tactic for before seeing whether it is going to work or not?

Are player attributes the key? Or would you say its mainly positioning and how they play the ball around which works best?

Player attributes are important yes because if your trying to make a tight compact midfield with hard working players there is no point putting a good technical advanced player there with no strength or work ethic.

Its logical thinking mate thats all.

Regards to the tactics i have rushed some of my tactics and they haven't been as successful as some where i haven't mentioned anything and then when it's 80% ready i mentioned it and then just a few more tweaks and it's ready.

If i could give any advice it would be to observe your team play watch games in key on the second to highest match speed and replay speed and watch games in 2D classic, I feel that gives you best look of tactics because you can see the whole pitch and also your team and opp much better.

take your time and patience is also something because at times you will feel that you wanna punch your screen because the players aren't doing what you want them too.

Mr Hough

Apologies if you've said this in an earlier post. Just wondered why your final tactic with JP wasn't a classic tactic? You seemed to favour the classic tactics.

Mike

JP asked of he could try and make my final unbeaten in the Wizard, Of course i said yes and he sent me the tactic to have a look at, i then made some minor adjustments sent it back to him, he made a few more minor adjustments and then sent it back to me, i was happy with it so i released it as a joint tactic.

I do prefer the classic style but i always make the tactic in the wizard first then transfer to classic when i'm content in wizard.

ive uploaded a few screens for some help with my defence please people!!

AFCWimbledon-3.png

BlueSquarePremier.png

AFCWimbledon.png

i'm not sure what the problem is here really.

Your second in the league 2 points behind 1st place and 8 points clear of 3rd place, You have by far the best goalscoring in the league and your goals against is amoungst everyone elses apart from luton.

Maybe you are asking a little too much from the tactic and your team because i think that your doing very well, Just noticed you have only lost 1 game too not bad at all mate.

JP asked of he could try and make my final unbeaten in the Wizard, Of course i said yes and he sent me the tactic to have a look at, i then made some minor adjustments sent it back to him, he made a few more minor adjustments and then sent it back to me, i was happy with it so i released it as a joint tactic.

I do prefer the classic style but i always make the tactic in the wizard first then transfer to classic when i'm content in wizard.

Thanks for such a quick reply. It's an amazing tactic.

i'm not sure what the problem is here really.

Your second in the league 2 points behind 1st place and 8 points clear of 3rd place, You have by far the best goalscoring in the league and your goals against is amoungst everyone elses apart from luton.

Maybe you are asking a little too much from the tactic and your team because i think that your doing very well, Just noticed you have only lost 1 game too not bad at all mate.

Im not knocking the tactic its just games are going 3-2,3-3 etc and need to tighten the defence up!! Also which tactic would be more suited to lower league football? the classic or unbeaten final version or your joint one?? Finally should the middle st be the creative one and the 2 wide st's be the quick ones??

Thanks mr hough

I am using your most recent tactic (Mr Hough & JP Woody) and i am having great results with Ajax. Sold a few players ang got in players with at 13 in all areas needed. In the league i have played 13 and won 12 of those with 1 draw, the most impressive stat is the goals, i have scored 48 and conceded just 2! Unbelievable start to the season. I have won both Champions League Best Placed Playoffs, beat Dinamo Moscow 3-1 & 2-0 and beat Fenerbahce 3-1 & 1-0, in the group stages i beat Unirea Urziceni 4-1, Roma 4-2 and then drew with Bayern Munich 0-0 at home but lost 2-0 at Bayern which is my one and only defeat to date. In the league i have won 7-0 and 5-0 three times! Got Mutu on a free and he is banging in the goals playing on the right side of the three strikers.

Anyway my question is about when getting players sent off! My fullbacks like getting some time off and both have now been sent off twice! What is the best position to sacrifice when you get someone sent off? I have been pulling off either the left or right sided striker, would you reccommend this or would you go with a different position?

Hi Mr Hough, Again :)

Im still yet to try building a tactic from scratch as im working (downer). I was just looking at your last post you replied to me with. Do you basically create your base tactic with the wizard that you mentioned and then do you monitor each game and goal and adjust your tactics to EVERY goal scored against? Im looking at creating my tactic based on firstly focusing on my defence as I usually leak a lot of goals. When watching a goal conceded again what do you normally look at altering. Would you alter a players position in advanced mode or do you just stick to basics? How do you know if you are playing a too low a defensive line? Would you be able to tell by looking at long shots? Im thinking a 4-1-3-2 will be a good place to start as i like to have a defensive midfielder. I find they are more secure at the back.

Im not knocking the tactic its just games are going 3-2,3-3 etc and need to tighten the defence up!! Also which tactic would be more suited to lower league football? the classic or unbeaten final version or your joint one?? Finally should the middle st be the creative one and the 2 wide st's be the quick ones??

Thanks mr hough

Maybe have a look at the players then that are in defence and the keeper, They will play a part too in the defence not just the tactic.

I use SFraser's schedules also. They work very well. I also make my own custom schedules based on SFraser's thread about training. Once you've grasped the concept, then it's easy to devise schedules to mold your players into what you want them to be.

Are your custom schedules tweaked to fit attribute requirements of Mr Hough's tactics? If so, could you share them? I'm assuming that to get the best result it's essential to train players by focusing on the attributes needed for positions from OP.

Hi Mr Hough, Again :)

Im still yet to try building a tactic from scratch as im working (downer). I was just looking at your last post you replied to me with. Do you basically create your base tactic with the wizard that you mentioned and then do you monitor each game and goal and adjust your tactics to EVERY goal scored against? Im looking at creating my tactic based on firstly focusing on my defence as I usually leak a lot of goals. When watching a goal conceded again what do you normally look at altering. Would you alter a players position in advanced mode or do you just stick to basics? How do you know if you are playing a too low a defensive line? Would you be able to tell by looking at long shots? Im thinking a 4-1-3-2 will be a good place to start as i like to have a defensive midfielder. I find they are more secure at the back.

I would change the advanced settings in the wizard yes the main ones in the central defence is the mentality and the closing down these are the main ones i touch i leave the Creative freedom on low and the passing on low.

The reason behind this is again very simple and logical, I don't want my defenders thinking there ronaldo and trying to crack the opps defence with a long range pass or doing anything stupid i just want them to do there job and thats defend.

the defensive line question is simple, If it's too low you will invite preasure on to you because the defence will so deep the others players will be deep too so there isn't any gaps, If it's too high then you will proberly get high balls over the top and through balls on the ground you could use the offside trap but i prefer not too so i try and get it just right which is normally in the middle for me.

Do you see how simple it is, You have to think this way, What do you want your team to do and how are you gonna do it.

Seriously ask as many questions as you like, If there is anyway i can help you with your own tactics i will.

Im having hard time with Red Devils using Mr Hough and Jp latest tactic, ive no idea why i ve a brilliant possession many CC's and yet i score very few and conceed also, does this can explain only coz i started on autmotatic reputation and my team is not gelled yet or do i ve to look to another tactic that suit better the team, not sure a short passing can work in EPL...

what about trying with zonal marking with a lesser team? wouldn´t it make it more solid @ defence since maybe its easier for a defender with low skill to defend rather than man mark and get dragged out of his place by an creative striker / am? i noticed that sometimes my defenders gets dragged out of place when man marking... Have you tried to use zonalmarking Hough?

I notice the Middle Strikers' attributes are the same as the Left/Right Strikers

minus Dribbling, Technique, Flair.

Should Strength & maybe Creativity be added to Middle Striker to make it slightly different?

i don't think it makes much difference mate to be honest, Have a look at how your wider players are playing with the central striker and how the central strikers plays with the defence.

what about trying with zonal marking with a lesser team? wouldn´t it make it more solid @ defence since maybe its easier for a defender with low skill to defend rather than man mark and get dragged out of his place by an creative striker / am? i noticed that sometimes my defenders gets dragged out of place when man marking... Have you tried to use zonalmarking Hough?

Yes i tried it but i prefer my men to mark men instead of zones.

Try it though trial and error guys trial and error!

Maybe have a look at the players then that are in defence and the keeper, They will play a part too in the defence not just the tactic.

Mr Hough what tactic did you use with blyth and did you use OI and TI?? Im hoping i can get up from the playoffs into the league then totally rebuild my team!! Should i also change filters from 13 for each attribute down to about 9 you think??

cheers mate

Just to say I am still using the original classic with Notts County. Looking good for a third PL title in a row. Just hoping I can win the champions league this season. I have won 21 games in a row in all comps which is a club record and have played 15 league games won 14 and lost 1.

Thanks again Mr Hough from a 45 year old FM player!!!

Mr Hough what tactic did you use with blyth and did you use OI and TI?? Im hoping i can get up from the playoffs into the league then totally rebuild my team!! Should i also change filters from 13 for each attribute down to about 9 you think??

cheers mate

I used my unbeaten tactic with blyth, It's easy seriously, Sign players on Free and try and get loans and you'll be alright.

Just to say I am still using the original classic with Notts County. Looking good for a third PL title in a row. Just hoping I can win the champions league this season. I have won 21 games in a row in all comps which is a club record and have played 15 league games won 14 and lost 1.

Thanks again Mr Hough from a 45 year old FM player!!!

Your welcome mate.

I used my unbeaten tactic with blyth, It's easy seriously, Sign players on Free and try and get loans and you'll be alright.

thanks mate! ive just checked and ive 2 unbeaten tactic files! one is:

mr hough 4-1-2-3 for 10.3 final(everton oct 09) and other is

mr hough 4-1-2-3 unbeaten final version(arsenal oct 09)

i take it this is the one to use mate!!?

Are your custom schedules tweaked to fit attribute requirements of Mr Hough's tactics? If so, could you share them? I'm assuming that to get the best result it's essential to train players by focusing on the attributes needed for positions from OP.

I've just given what you've said so thought and designed a training schedule to go with mr hough tactic. It may not be perfect but i've done the best i can with the way i think it should be.

My Training Test (Mr Hough Tactic) with S Fraser Training idea

GK - Str x4, Aero x3, Gkeep x3, Tactics x3, B/C x2,

FB - Str x2, Aero x4, Tactics x4, B/C x1, Def x4, Att x2, Shooting x2, S/P x3

DC - Str x2, Aero x4, Tactics x4, B/C x4, Def x5, Att x2, Shooting x1, S/P x1

DMC - Str x4, Aero x3, Tactics x3, B/C x3, Def x5, Att x1, Shooting x1, S/P x1

MC - Str x2, Aero x4, Tactics x3, B/C x3, Def x3, Att x3, Shooting x2, S/P x2

Strikers - Str x3, Aero x3, Tactics x3, B/C x4, Def x2, Att x2, Shooting x5, S/P x1

What do you think?

Yeah looks nice, although it would probably be required to spend a lot of work to make a whole set if you want to include developing and veteran player schedules. Probably needs some testing too. The general idea seems to be good though.

Yeah looks nice, although it would probably be required to spend a lot of work to make a whole set if you want to include developing and veteran player schedules. Probably needs some testing too. The general idea seems to be good though.

I'm not really interested in making developing and veteran coz it takes too much time and work, but i am in the process of making youth schedules. And i'm testing it on my first team squad atm.

I find that the default schedules SFraser made are good enough in most cases, however, I do make my own as well, but these are not based on positions in Mr. Hough's tactic, rather on the players themselves. I just make a specific schedule for some of the players on my team. I'm not going to post them because like I said, I use the default schedules most of the time which can be downloaded from SFraser's thread. And the custom schedules I did make fit only the specific players for which they were made for. Plus none of these custom schedules are set in stone. I will change them depending if I'm seeing improvement, or if the player has gained sufficient improvement, then I'll shift the focus on something else, or simply balance out the schedule so that it just maintains all categories as much as possible.

It's not really necessary to focus training on the attributes need by the tactic. If that player already has those attributes in good amounts, then you can focus a bit on some other area, while simply maintaining the need attributes.

However, in all honesty, you don't really need to make custom schedules, just use the default ones. You don't need to put too much detail into training in order to have success. I've seen many people continue to use the general schedule that comes with FM and they still do quite well. I wouldn't worry about making custom schedules if I were you.

thanks mate! ive just checked and ive 2 unbeaten tactic files! one is:

mr hough 4-1-2-3 for 10.3 final(everton oct 09) and other is

mr hough 4-1-2-3 unbeaten final version(arsenal oct 09)

i take it this is the one to use mate!!?

Use the arsenal one mate.

Hey just a little update on my save with Juventus.

I have just finished the season so here is a screen of my squad. I sold diego and a few others and brought in senna and van der vaart to bolster my midfield.

JuventusSquadSeason1.jpg

My league table for the season pretty decent with just the 1 defeat and 5 draws. I also scored the most and conceded the least bonus!.

JuventusLeagueFinalseason1.jpg

Champions League Final against Man Utd who where faviorates and where expected to win, I don't think so lol.

ManUtdvsJuventusCLFinalSeason1.jpg

I used my Unbeaten Final tactic throughout the season and for the Man Utd game i made some slight changes to the defence and D-Line.

All in all a very easy league win i was Juventus and they have a top team but still extreamly Easy.

Mr Hough now where is a promised 41212 :p.

I love AMCs in that game ;).

And to people saying to drop FC to AMC it isn't the same.

Yeah sorry i haven't got round to doing that, I'm just enjoying the game at the minute though so i'm not sure if i will do one.