Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

I'm tempted to upload my Hull Save to prove that i haven't cheated any other way.

Don't bother trying to please people who make up wild accusations with no evidence just because they can't do well themselves.

I can vouch for the new tactic working. I downloaded the classic version and made exactly the same changes that Mr Hough has made in his latest release. I followed the Nike defense topic and altered mentalities for the defensive players and changed the back four to man marking and haven't looked back since. It's worked beautifully. Looking at the new tactic the changes pretty much mirror the ones I made so I can see this latest version easily being the best yet!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im really impressed mate with what you have done and havent doubted you at all mate ,you have my full backing...ill use this with my norwich city game im in the premier league after winning league 1 then the Championship the following season....so if i stay up this year ill be stoked....ill play out the rest of the season with your latest tactic mate and ill update when season is over and if i can find anything that can make the tactic of yours better...cheers Dave

ok tnx!!and lot of congrats for your job man!!!

edit:which filter i put them?i dont know!!can u tell me exactly what can i do!!these files are shortlists?

If you download them and put them in Documents/Sports interactive/FM10/Filters.

To load them in game to to your player search screen Click on manage filters the click on import and they should be there. after you have loaded them click on ok then if you go down to quick filters they will be there.

Mr Hough any chance you could retain the Player Stats Requirement (eg Marking Jumping Tackling Positioning etc) in the OP? Maybe the shortlist can put it one line below the various positions?

I prefer to search for my players via FM Genie Scout :D

If not, thats okay.

Can anyone verify that for each of the positions, having say three out of eight of the required total attributes be enough to sign a player? For example, a centre back needs Heading, Marking, Tackling, Positioning, Anticipation, Determination, Pace and Jumping. If i was to sign a centre back for the Championship who had 14 for heading, marking and tackling and all other required stats were around 9, would it be ok to sign that player for this tactic?

Wow, you guys really need to grow up abit.

Overreacting?

I never said in any of my statements the tactic doesnt work so learn to READ.

Making wild accusations? I'm just dissapointed in you using FMRTE.

Ricardomac you are a complete... but yeh nvm. I'll wait paciently for your Hull save.

Overreacting?

Ricardomac you are a complete... but yeh nvm. I'll wait paciently for your Hull save.

Ok fine then, End of disscussion as far as i'm concerned.

Mr. Hough / or someone who has downloaded all the filters. Could you put them all in the same zip file and then upload? Would be appreciated because the internet here is running sluggishly and it would do wonders to only have to load that site once :D

can show me your teamtalk ?

it show that your player didnt lose focus after half time and manage to hold man city...

My team talk against Man City i just asked Assistant as this is only a test.

PreGame

HullVsmancityPregame.jpg

Half Time

HullVsmancityHalftime.jpg

Full Time

HullVsmancityFulltime.jpg

It don't look like has made a much of a difference.

Totally agree, Hough.

Im just stating as i said earlier, its quite hard with Hull without some players like Bullard to run middlefield. :)

I played 15 games, lost 4, drew 3 won 8 with Hull, only 2 signings. Gaston Fernandez/Prince Bauben (first was a free 2nd on Loan)

in defence of mr hough cheating, i cheat all the time using fmrte, give myself all the money and big stadium, make my players fit, and i must be useless at this game because i dont get results like this, mr hough is the god of fm10, i find cheating makes it harder, and if mr hough wants to use add ons then thats up to him, its his game and he can do what he likes without being labelled a cheat, he has made this game enjoyable for me and many others, also silverfires you are allowed your opinion but dont be so quick to pick up on silly things, chill out and enjoy the game mate

Totally agree, Hough.

Im just stating as i said earlier, its quite hard with Hull without some players like Bullard to run middlefield. :)

I played 15 games, lost 4, drew 3 won 8 with Hull, only 2 signings. Gaston Fernandez/Prince Bauben (first was a free 2nd on Loan)

Well i'm glad we sorted that out not bad results with hull there, I tried to Sign Fernandez but he wouldn't come to me the bugger.

Overreacting?

I may be a complete whatever you wanna put there in the blank, I am and I have no problem with that. It's my life and I'm happy that way. But it's not the first time you come here and rant about Hough's tactics. And even if you haven't said directly that he was cheating, indirectly that was what everybody thought you were saying. Get it? I don't want no fight and no war so, peace.

Gotta go to work.

Cheers.

Can we end this Discussion on FMRTE now please guys, I don't want there to be Arguing in the thread.

Thanks very Much.

Dave.

Agreed. Ask the moderators to delete all of our useless posts and lets stop this stupid discussion. Keep the thread theme to the tactic itself.

Cheers and sorry for the inconvenience.

Mr Hough/anyone else have an answer to the below question?

Can anyone verify that for each of the positions, having say three out of eight of the required total attributes be enough to sign a player? For example, a centre back needs Heading, Marking, Tackling, Positioning, Anticipation, Determination, Pace and Jumping. If i was to sign a centre back for the Championship who had 14 for heading, marking and tackling and all other required stats were around 9, would it be ok to sign that player for this tactic?

Just positions. Try it for a few games. In defence it has been rock-solid, as the 3 AMC are always helping in defence, and they get the ball it's a nightmare for the opposition! No need to say, use AMC or AMC/FC, fast, creative, with composure, finishing. The side AMC's with good crossing also, as they tend to run to the line.

there's definately something in this. have tried it for a few games and the AI defence do get totally confused, unsure whether to close down the AMC's of back off. My middle AMC has scored 7 in 3 games (would have scored more but i subbed him after the hour mark in all three games) also i find it easier for the 2 MCs to do through balls into the runs of the 3 AMC's. good find!!

Mr Hough/anyone else have an answer to the below question?

Yeah that should be fine mate.

there's definately something in this. have tried it for a few games and the AI defence do get totally confused, unsure whether to close down the AMC's of back off. My middle AMC has scored 7 in 3 games (would have scored more but i subbed him after the hour mark in all three games) also i find it easier for the 2 MCs to do through balls into the runs of the 3 AMC's. good find!!

And I must say, it's working like a treat with Hough's new tactic, it seems even more solid in the back than before. And I just love when the the AMC's hold the ball and the 2 CM's join the attack and totally rip the defence. My CM's are constantly getting alone in front of the GK.

Won the World Cup with Brazil with your Classic tactic. I resigned went to Tottenham, and now am doing great with them with your latest tactic. Looking forward for the next season. And I must say I am a huge fan of your tactics, they always seems to work for any team I am with. Your the best :D

I don't know why everyone is having luck with this tactic. I'm getting worse results by the game. After playing last year with the classic tactic and doing mid-table. Really not that well overall, I switched to the new tactic for this year.

I had a good pre-seaons, but the first two games of the season have been an absolute nightmare. First game to Chelsea. lost 2-3, but they dominated and I was lucky to get 2 and that they didn't score more.

My second game was at home against those world class beaters the Blackburn Rovers. Well, we lost 2-0 , could have been much, much worse as they had 3 goals disallowed. Shots 17 for them 4 for me. Passing 57% for me 68% for them. I just don't get how this game works any longer..... What can I possibly do? My team is getting worse and worse.

I don't know why everyone is having luck with this tactic. I'm getting worse results by the game. After playing last year with the classic tactic and doing mid-table. Really not that well overall, I switched to the new tactic for this year.

I had a good pre-seaons, but the first two games of the season have been an absolute nightmare. First game to Chelsea. lost 2-3, but they dominated and I was lucky to get 2 and that they didn't score more.

My second game was at home against those world class beaters the Blackburn Rovers. Well, we lost 2-0 , could have been much, much worse as they had 3 goals disallowed. Shots 17 for them 4 for me. Passing 57% for me 68% for them. I just don't get how this game works any longer..... What can I possibly do? My team is getting worse and worse.

It's got to be the lack of quality of your team. What team are you managing?

Mr Hough hope I may ask a question regarding man marking any particular reason you choose it over zonal ?

Also in my current season I decided to try zonal out on my own tactic and have conceeded 40 goals in the Premier league which is about 8 or 10 goals more than the seasons i used man marking do you also find that man marking is better is defence and zonal is more for attacking ?

Hope that makes sense :thup:

It's got to be the lack of quality of your team. What team are you managing?

I am Portsmouth. Yes, my team is not the greatest. And like I have said many times before. I am not looking to dominate Europe, but we should be doing better than this.

Played CH1 Leeds in a league cup match. I won 1-0. On a god damn penalty shot. So I beat a team two leagues below me by a penalty shot. Sad, very sad indeed.

Well, now we have fallen to 0-5 on the season and just lost to Stoke at home 2-4. Defensive is horrible. losing the possession game, just getting killed all over the field. 6 goals for 16 against. this is not even close to working.

Final Edit, Portsmouth 2 Plymouth 2 in a tourny game that I needed a shootout to win. This tactic is now in the recycle bin. Thank you very much Mr. Hough. I know you have worked hard on this tactic and I appreciate you posting and helping people out. I just don't understand how my team can hardly beat Leeds and need a shootout to beat Plymouth. There is no sense in that. 0-7 in the league with 8for and 20 against. Portsmouth simply is not this bad. Could be that I am the problem and most likely is, but I'm following along with what people are doing and it's getting much worse.

Its not worked for me

Gave this a try after using Piranhav5 which has been brilliant.

first match v Everton FA cup semi final lost 5-0

next match Wolves at home lost 2-0

next match v fenerbache away 0-0

next match v Arsenal away lost 4-0

its not the fact we lost by so many, we played terrible

i was 4th in prem had won the league cup and was in the semi final of Euro cup and FA cup and having a really really good season, i am Derby in 2014, but have a team of internationals including the European player of the year.

Back to Piranhav5 i would say :(

I'll began a new game without a club, my reputation are sunday league footballer, i'm getting a joboffer from doto they will played @ the dutch ''hoofdklasse a", it's a nice challenge and i hope step by step by achieving some great results to grow up on the ladder and hopefully i would took the interests from some of the biggest clubs in Europe. Sorry for my bad English:)

Yeah that should be fine mate.

Mr Hough hope I may ask a question regarding man marking any particular reason you choose it over zonal ?

Also in my current season I decided to try zonal out on my own tactic and have conceeded 40 goals in the Premier league which is about 8 or 10 goals more than the seasons i used man marking do you also find that man marking is better is defence and zonal is more for attacking ?

Hope that makes sense :thup:

I think man marking is best because it marks Men instead of Zones sometimes it can get mislead on a break where a man will be running down the wing and one of my CB's won't be closing him but this is Rare and not enough of an issue to change it to Zonal.

In your latest tactic Mr Hough you say ask assistant for opposite instructions. I am wondering do you have to> Is it really important to use these?

If you don't mind me giving my opinion, it always seems that my tem plays better football with no OI's set!

For those of you doubting the effectiveness of the 3 AMCs instead of 3 strikers, and I imagine most of you do, here's two of my games of my current save with AS Roma. Been pretty much dominating Serie A, I'm just wondering how it's going to work in Champions League, now that I'm in the last 16 teams and up against the best in Europe.

First a tough game: Fiorentina Away. Those who have already played in Serie A know Fiorentina is a very annoying team, mainly in their ground, with Mr.Frey in goal always making all kinds of super man saves. Watch it and pay attention to the movement of the 2 triangles upfront: 3 AMC and 2 MC. Actually I feel my team could have score more...

http://www.filefront.com/16483757/Fiorentina%20v%20Roma.pkm

And now an easy game: Sparta Prague Home. In theory you might think playing without strikers could make the task of a defensive opposition easier. Wrong. By the 20th minute they were all wishing it was over as they were already loosing 3-0. Again just watch the movement of the 5 midfielders!

http://www.filefront.com/16483777/Roma%20v%20Sparta%20de%20Praga.pkm

In both games the tactic in use was Hough's new one, with just the 3 strikers pulled into the 3 AMC slots (all 3 should have forward arrows)

And during the game i just change to a more defensive version (that only has 2 tweaks: more waste time, smaller width) if I'm having trouble defending a result with the normal one.

Gourcuff is God playing in the AMC center position.

Thanks for the filters Mr Hough.

I've never really really thought about using them before and it makes it so much easier to work out my own player positions as well.

Regards,

Mark

For those of you doubting the effectiveness of the 3 AMCs instead of 3 strikers, and I imagine most of you do, here's two of my games of my current save with AS Roma. Been pretty much dominating Serie A, I'm just wondering how it's going to work in Champions League, now that I'm in the last 16 teams and up against the best in Europe.

First a tough game: Fiorentina Away. Those who have already played in Serie A know Fiorentina is a very annoying team, mainly in their ground, with Mr.Frey in goal always making all kinds of super man saves. Watch it and pay attention to the movement of the 2 triangles upfront: 3 AMC and 2 MC. Actually I feel my team could have score more...

http://www.filefront.com/16483757/Fiorentina%20v%20Roma.pkm

And now an easy game: Sparta Prague Home. In theory you might think playing without strikers could make the task of a defensive opposition easier. Wrong. By the 20th minute they were all wishing it was over as they were already loosing 3-0. Again just watch the movement of the 5 midfielders!

http://www.filefront.com/16483777/Roma%20v%20Sparta%20de%20Praga.pkm

In both games the tactic in use was Hough's new one, with just the 3 strikers pulled into the 3 AMC slots (all 3 should have forward arrows)

And during the game i just change to a more defensive version (that only has 2 tweaks: more waste time, smaller width) if I'm having trouble defending a result with the normal one.

Gourcuff is God playing in the AMC center position.

I just want to say I second this moving of the 3 ST to AMC position.

defence seems better and midfielders are scoring goals.

Just wanna ask if we should let strikers like carlton cole assume AMC positions or should we get players that are AMC instead?

also should centre mids be high in Long Shot and Finishing?

my last result was a 0-3 away win vs spurs in my 1st season in the premier league after back to back league wins aka league 1 then championship.....im 4th after 9 games..... ill post a screen shot when i finish work 2day .as im on lunch break now lol

I have been reading that some people have had success with 3 AMCs. Do i just pull back all 3 ST into AMC positions with forward arrows or is this a completely new formation that has been uploaded? cheers

As I said:

I just want to say I second this moving of the 3 ST to AMC position.

defence seems better and midfielders are scoring goals.

Just wanna ask if we should let strikers like carlton cole assume AMC positions or should we get players that are AMC instead?

also should centre mids be high in Long Shot and Finishing?

Been playing only AMCs or AMC/FCs, so have no idea if a striker would work there. But if he is fast, and a good finisher, after training in as an AMC it will probably work.

I tried switching to the 3 AMC approach with arrows up as others have suggested in this thread. It certainly made my play better. I comfortably won the title as Dynamo after struggling earlier in the season. The attack often rests in the empty space between the opposition defence and midfield, making deadly runs from there. Good stuff. Two of the 3 amc's are strikers and it seems to work good enough. However I have noticed the central amc, in my case Ermin Zec, is often the target of passes. He is pretty much a poacher and not exactly a creative player, so I'd prefer someone else passing the ball to him instead (when he is up front)..He seems to do ok nevertheless, won the top goalscorer of the league with 17 nettings.

In your latest tactic Mr Hough you say ask assistant for opposite instructions. I am wondering do you have to> Is it really important to use these?

It proberly won't make a major difference but i thought the teams performace was slightly better with them on.

dimartino, how do i watch those pkms? where to put them and how to watch them, thanks

when you download put file in the Documents/Sports Interactive/FM10/Matches Folder.

Then when you first load up FM10 before you load your game click on i think it's veiw match or hightlights one of the 2 and load it up