Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

looks real good mate, just 1 question . where do i get the backround you have in the SS there ??

I have wanted to use background screenshots for ages but still keep the default dark skin or at least very similar to it so this is what i did i downloaded the vitreous skin but the attributes on the players colours where not good cos i couldn't see them properly so i changed them to look like this.

KennyDalglish.jpg

As you can see the Attributes are now nice and clear so you and i can see them.

This is where i got the Stadium Backgrounds from

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=202266

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have wanted to use background screenshots for ages but still keep the default dark skin or at least very similar to it so this is what i did i downloaded the vitreous skin but the attributes on the players colours where not good cos i couldn't see them properly so i changed them to look like this.

KennyDalglish.jpg

As you can see the Attributes are now nice and clear so you and i can see them.

This is where i got the Stadium Backgrounds from

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=202266

I don't know why it's gone blurry it don't look like that on my PC very strange.

a few people have mentioned this to me and i will be having a look at the classics defence just as soon as i finish my new tactic which hopefully won't be long now.

Is this the tactic with wingers you have been working on? If so i am looking forward to trying it out

Match Report

Champions League Quarter Finals 2nd Leg: At Madrid Vs Barcelona at the Calderon

(A) Prematch

Build up and Squad updates:

At Madrid

After resting my best players, i have them all fit and ready to go. Only change was i decided to start Dzeko instead of Adriano, for more mobility. The tactical change worked wonders, as u will read below.

Barcelona

Messi is back for Barcelona. will he be the deciding factor in the tie? Read on to find out!

Formation choice

At Madrid

I used Gsc's download formation and started my best 11. i left the tactic as is, because this is the first time i'm using it. I used Bubba's team talks, ie. 'Wish Luck' pregame talks to everyone. I used the Ass Manager's OI advise and left it.

GK Asenjo

DR Rafinha

DL Juan Vargas

DC Ivan Marcano (Cover)

DC Pique (Stopper)

DMC Ignacio Camacho

MCl Miguel Veloso

MCr Joao Moutinho

STl Diego Forlan (Poacher)

STc Dzeko (DL Forward)

STr Sergio Aguero (Adv Forward)

Barcelona

The started in their typical 4-3-3 formation.

GK Valdes

DR D. Alaves

DL Maxwell

DC Milito

DC Puyol

DMC Yaya Toure

MC Xavi

MC Ineista

AML Bojan

AMR Messi (He's back!)

ST Zlatan

(B) Game Start

Bringing an away goal lead into the 2nd leg, i'm sure Barcelona would start attacking me from the 1st whistle. They tried but got nothing out of my boys. i took control of the tie and played to my strengths. All 3 forwards were testing their defence. A few desperate blocks and interceptions in the penalty area were good signs that my players were testing the Barca defence. I had already tweaked the Hard Tackling and Time wasting setting so i was controlling the match and tempo.

At Madrid 1 (Dzeko, 20 min) - Barcelona 0

Aguero got the ball from the right flank, with the op DL drawn to him, he held up the ball waiting for an opportunity. Dzeko had switched with Forlan to be positioned on the left of the attacking 3 and he ghosted past his marker and began his run behind the Barca defence. Aguero superbly picked him out, Dzeko behind the entire defence in the 6 yard box, drilled it under the keeper! Dzeko's better mobility compared to Adriano was on display right there for that goal.

At Madrid 1 - Barcelona 1 (Zlatan, 35 min)

Being 2-0 up on aggregate was comforting, until horror struck! Idiotic ME decided to ignore common sense to make the GK follow his settings to the T and distribute to his defender (Defender Collect). However, a specific defender was selected right DC, Pique. ME decided to follow instructions, even though Pique was marked tight by Zlatan, ala Barca advanced pressing game. GK to Pique, Zlatan tackles him, run through on goal and smashes the ball into the roof of the net. What a waste! Besides Pique, all 3 defenders were unmarked and available and the ME decided to pass it to the marked Pique. I changed this immediately, even though it was too late.

At Madrid 2 (Pique 43 min) - Barcelona 1

Ok, Pique's rating dropped to 5.3 after his motivation went from 'Looking motivated' to 'Mistake led to goal'. However, he made amends by scoring from a corner close to half time to restore the 2 goal advantage.

HT

At Madrid 3 (Forlan, 55 min) - Barcelona 1

2nd half began in a flurry. Barcelona switched to a 4-4-2 with Bojan pushed up besides Zlatan, Ineista moving to the left flank. Before Bara could mount a comeback with momentum, Aguero worked his magic again for his 2nd assist of the night. Switching with Forlan, Aguero drifted into space on the left flank. He dribbled past Alaves and swung a cross into the box. Dzeko and Forlan went for it and Forlan connected with a diving header at the far post to put the match away. I did a check on the Barca player rating, and the majority of them were below 6.0.

At Madrid 4 (Rafinha, 83 min) - Barcelona 1

Everybody was getting in on the act. Barcelona switched formation yet again, to a 4-2-1-2 narrow diamond. Dont ask me why, maybe to limit the damage? with play so congested in the centre, the goal came from a 6 yard box scramble, with the rebound falling kindly to Rafinha who had come infield from the right. Rafinha's 1st goal of the season, the icing on the cake.

Match ends like that. With Barca players dejected by being blown away. Not surprisingly Pique picks up the Man of the match award. Somehow defenders who score goals normally win the award. I would have given it to Aguero for his 2 assists. But i'm not the ME.

© Observations

Fantastic win over Barcelona to setup semi-finals against Arsneal. That would be another epic battle with the Gunners.

Could you upload your tactic with the tweaks ?

TIA

Dear Mr. Hough,

Please can you work on the defensive side of the tactics (classic, beta v1 and GCS).

The classic tactic is not very friendly to top teams. The Beta v1 has a leaky defence but better attack. And the GCS tactic is the best attacking tactic but a very bad one defence.

So in short a balanced attacking tactic with a solid defence that works for top teams.

Thank You

to be honest the classic tatic worked for me with a poor league 1 team defence was pathetic when my two players on loan werent fit n that was often because they were young just scored plenty

also have a little tweak of the defence what i did and i went from letting 2 or more in a game to 1 or none just when taking on big teams found it a bit harder to score

Could you upload your tactic with the tweaks ?

TIA

Aramis, the tweaks i did are listed in the Match reports i posted.

basically:

1) change any player 'Hard Tackling' to Mixed.

2) change time wasting to first notch of 'Sometimes'

3) if op. park the bus, reduce individual mentality by 3 notches for entire team

4) i changed to my prefered Set-piece instructions, ie. players def. posts etc.

Just finished the second season with Hearts in Scotland using the classic tactic. Won the domestic treble this time. We completely walked the league. The prior summer I reinforced some of our positions with better players and it really paid off. In my first season I had problems playing against Celtic and Rangers, but mostly Celtic. In our second season those problems went away. We achieved victory in every encounter against those two.

I also got to the first knockout stage in Champions League, unfortunately though we lost there 3-4 on aggregate to Atletico Madrid. However, our group was also tough with Chelsea, Marseille, and Rosenborg, but we nevertheless ended up taking first place in it.

For those of you who say that the tactic stopped working for your in the last 10 games of the season, that is understandable as it happens to me as well, however, you misunderstand as to why it starts struggling. A big part of the tactic working or not working are the players themselves. If they are not motivated or are complacent, then the tactic with struggle and will leak goals. Towards the end of the season your players become more tired and complacent. You have to stamp out this behavior through warning and fines for bad performances and criticise your players in the media for playing badly. Essentially you have to keep your players motivated. Don't let them become lazy and lethargic.

In my own game, I secured the title with 7 games to go and so in the remaining league matches I noticed we started leaking more goals and scoring less. However, this was unacceptable in my opinion as we still had important cup games coming up and I needed my team to main good form. It's really nothing to do with the tactic as more to do with the players themselves.

Also, just to add to the man marking/zonal debate. It's safer to go with man marking usually, because for zonal you need players with good mental stats (anticipation, decision making, positioning, team work). Of course, when I say 'good', I mean it in a relative sense. It depends on the quality of the league you're in.

I have been testing all the 10.3 Hough tactics and must say that I had the best success with the Classic one. I normally always manage Spurs plus have another manager managing the Danish national team. That second manager then often get club job offered in the PL late in the season when teams are struggling.

With Spurs Classic make the team solid and I avoid slipping away towards the end of the season by doing a few things to ensure the players stay fresh. I give them a week's rest from training a few times plus rotate the team in easier games.

SPURS

In my latest Spurs season I finished 2nd in the PL and won the FA Cup in my first season. My preferred first team was: GK: Ochoa, DF: Corluka, Bale, Sakho, Kaboul, MF: Palacios, Modric, Gourcuff, AT: Lennon, Keane, Balotelli. Was surprised seeing Ochoa keep Gomes on the bench, Lennon scoring a lot despite not really being a striker, and finally seeing Sakho and Kaboul keeping King and Woodgate out of the team. In MF my strngest reserves were Huddletone and Kranjcar while Lukaku got a few matches up front. In the off season I am risking by getting rid of a lot of experienced players: Crouch (was on loan at Barcelona), Pav (was on loan at Hoffenheim), King, Woodgate, Gomes, Huddlestone, Kranjcar, O'Hara (was on loan at Pompey) and Corluka. Only Corluka was a regular first team member but getting Otamendi back from a loan spell make me sell Vedran. Before the first season I snapped up 6-7 VERY promising young players (Areola, Lukaku, Coeff, Rits etc.) who I now want to give the chance to at least back up next season. The future looks very brigt.

DENMARK/POMPEY

With the Danish team Classic worked very well. Qualified for the WC and reached the QF beating Argentina on the way. The next few years young players are coming through making the team better.

Took over the team in the relegation zone with 8 matches to go. First terminated all the loan players I could and terminated all non-playing staff. Replaced non-playing staff with better all previously unemployed (no fee). Used Tugs training and Classic from the beginning. Player morale was VERY low when taking over but after 3 draws and a tight loss it started to turn and they stayed up on goal difference. Interesting to see have the moral turned and then the results improved A LOT. Cleaned up the squad in the early off season (blancing the books) and then resigned.

hi Hough i m a chinese FMer. u know what almost all the chinese FMer use your tactic ,this tactic is more than awe-some , that is awe-quite a bit, we all love it THX

also i find some information about the corner on the #1752 could u give more details about this like the position ~~ thx

hi Hough i m a chinese FMer. u know what almost all the chinese FMer use your tactic ,this tactic is more than awe-some , that is awe-quite a bit, we all love it THX

also i find some information about the corner on the #1752 could u give more details about this like the position ~~ thx

Greetings from England, I'm glad that you are enjoying my tactics and I'm even more pleased to see more and more people from different countrys using it, Germany Holland China Greece all have the tactics on there main forums and thats so pleasing for me because i didn't anticpate this success at all.

Thank you everybody who has used the tactic.

Mr Hough great work on the tactic.

I've been using the classic tactic at Man City, then Inter and now Barca (yes I get bored quickly at a club :p)

All have been great, won the title twice in 3 years with City, 1 in 2 with Inter and now I'm looking confident for the title with Barca.

The tactic seems to be working the best with Barca atm (getting amazing results like 9-0 or even 10-0 sometimes).

I was wondering how much the pitch size influences the tactic ? You said small pitch size is the best ?

I will try to use the classic tactic with FC Bayern, but where can I fit Robben and Ribery in this tactic?

Could someone suggest a first eleven for my team? It is currently the beginning of the first season and I haven't made a single transfer, so I can buy if someone is needed for success

I will try to use the classic tactic with FC Bayern' date=' but where can I fit Robben and Ribery in this tactic?

Could someone suggest a first eleven for my team? It is currently the beginning of the first season and I haven't made a single transfer, so I can buy if someone is needed for success[/quote']

I tried it with Bayern, putting the left and right forwards on the wings, as 'inside forward'. Ribery (right feet) on the left, Robben (left feet) on the right. give them a high creative freedom, and often run with the ball.

my 2 Mc's are Van Bommel and Schweinsteiger (spelling ?), Tymo as DMC. A high physical midfield, with a great passing rate.

FC is usually Gomez for his high finishing rate, but I like using Olic for his mental / physical attributes on hard games, and Klose when I want to play on a more direct pass style (playing on his head).

put the ball down both flanks to use Ribéry and Robben more.

The only buy I did was buonanotte, to sub Ribéry who was injured for 4 months at the very beginning.

Hi Guys,

Im using the GSC version with Crewe, Im already a force to be reckon with in euro.

So fair only my striker up front have been shortlisted and won individual European and International award, just only 1 year my captain and central midfielder Jack Rodwell come 2nd in English Footballer runner which is usually dominate by my Ad striker, he also is in the world dream team for 2 years running but just as a sub. My young right back Jon McNeil also just won the young player of the year award.

Is there any chance with this tactic, that goalkeeper, defender and full back and midfielder might win, world footballer/Player of the year ? and their Individual European position of the year award ?

a few people have mentioned this to me and i will be having a look at the classics defence just as soon as i finish my new tactic which hopefully won't be long now.

Look forward to your new tactic. Just won a treble with Bury in 2021--EPL, FA Cup, and Champions League, mostly utilizing the GCS version. I swapped in some 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 as appropriate throughout the season when a tactical advantage is necessary and/or against weak opposition.

Superb tactic. Playing as Bristol City, just finished my 1st season. I finished 1st in the championship scoring 130 goals.

Marlon Harewood scored 39 goals.

Nicky Maynard scored 35 goals.

Danny Haynes scored 21 goals.

And only one team let in less goals than me.

Thanks Mr Hough!!

Greetings from England, I'm glad that you are enjoying my tactics and I'm even more pleased to see more and more people from different countrys using it, Germany Holland China Greece all have the tactics on there main forums and thats so pleasing for me because i didn't anticpate this success at all.

Thank you everybody who has used the tactic.

I really dont understand this insane success. I've tried your tactics, and all I can remember is that I won 7-0 my first match, then I lost every single game until I made my own. I'm not good at making tactics at all, but atleast I made something that suited my players better than the one you made (Ofcourse, that's not hard since you make a general tactic that should work for most teams).

I admire your work, and now that I've gotten some more knowledge about this game I'll try again. Which one of the tactics would you (or anyone else reading this) recommend for Manchester United? I find them the most difficult team to make tactics to because of the wingers. I love Nani and Valencia too much to sell them, or even put them on the bench, but to me wingers are underpowered (in lack for a better word).

I'd appreciate any feedback on this, and I'm sorry for my bad english.

Hey Mr.Hough please I need ur advice..I am currently Man U and I am having a blast of a season using d GCS version..I already have 85 goals in the Prem alone and I am just on the 14th of February.Just finished smashing Hotspurs' 6-0 at White Hart Lane..My strikeforce is arguably d best in d game...I have Wazza(rooney),Villa,Aguero,Berbatov and Welbeck...My problem tho is how I can get the best out off Rooney he doesn't seem to excel very well in the Adv Fwrd position whereas Aguero is perfect in deep-lying and Villa is simlply D POACHER....Welbeck is good as a Pacher to and Berbatov..either Deep lying or Advanced...But I need rooney to start..he's my captain and fave player..I really don't like his return its 25 games 9goals and 10 assists..Thank i advance..

I really dont understand this insane success. I've tried your tactics, and all I can remember is that I won 7-0 my first match, then I lost every single game until I made my own. I'm not good at making tactics at all, but atleast I made something that suited my players better than the one you made (Ofcourse, that's not hard since you make a general tactic that should work for most teams).

I admire your work, and now that I've gotten some more knowledge about this game I'll try again. Which one of the tactics would you (or anyone else reading this) recommend for Manchester United? I find them the most difficult team to make tactics to because of the wingers. I love Nani and Valencia too much to sell them, or even put them on the bench, but to me wingers are underpowered (in lack for a better word).

I'd appreciate any feedback on this, and I'm sorry for my bad english.

I'd proberly go with the classic version mate, You can't go far off with that one good luck.

Hey Mr.Hough please I need ur advice..I am currently Man U and I am having a blast of a season using d GCS version..I already have 85 goals in the Prem alone and I am just on the 14th of February.Just finished smashing Hotspurs' 6-0 at White Hart Lane..My strikeforce is arguably d best in d game...I have Wazza(rooney),Villa,Aguero,Berbatov and Welbeck...My problem tho is how I can get the best out off Rooney he doesn't seem to excel very well in the Adv Fwrd position whereas Aguero is perfect in deep-lying and Villa is simlply D POACHER....Welbeck is good as a Pacher to and Berbatov..either Deep lying or Advanced...But I need rooney to start..he's my captain and fave player..I really don't like his return its 25 games 9goals and 10 assists..Thank i advance..

Thats a very good attack you have there and i'm glad that your enjoying the tactic apart from this little hicup....

it could as number of things that effect this and i'll try and help you out.

What i suggest first is that you make your 2 central mid players playmaker and target man with target man supply mixed. This i've noticed really beefs up the attack because with the 2 central midplayers they are on the ball when the opp go to close them down it leaves gaps for the 3 strikers.

this is a quick solution which could work just try asking the 2 players to swop positions the 2 outside strikers would be best for this. This will stop them from being marked out of the game and might open oppurtunity's for them.

Good luck mate.

hey mr hough would the right striker score more if make it move into channel ?

thats something i have had a look at before on the complete dominace tactic and i used it on the 2 strikers so i had them taking the defence away so that left the attacking mid player with alot of space.

I have tried it on 10.3 and it hasn't worked aswell i think it's because i have 3 strikers so they automaticly go out wide so i dont think it works aswell as it did with 2 strikers and an attacking mid player.

I have just had them on normal but make the central midplayers playmaker and targetman this will help your strikers esspecilly if they have good off the ball settings as they will find space better

It's funny you should mention that because i've been working on it but i haven't mentioned anything because i didn't want lots of messages asking for it untill i'm ready to give it out.

I've been playing with a Liverpool Legends team and i'll post some screens to show it's effectiveness.

liverpoolLegendsbetterdefence.jpg

These are the only fixtures i've played with the new tactic i've also tested it on a very good tottenham team with similar success.

liverpoolLegendsTable23games.jpg

This is the league table not too bad.

Any news about this one ? Seems to fix all the defensive issues you had in the previous versions, which is what I'm desesperatly (huh ?) looking for.

Could you post some more SS, like the game you lost with the shots analysis and the formations for example, to see where the danger come from.

Or some stats of your overall possession, shoots on targets, CCCs home / away.

Thanks in advance,

S!lver

Any news about this one ? Seems to fix all the defensive issues you had in the previous versions, which is what I'm desesperatly (huh ?) looking for.

Could you post some more SS, like the game you lost with the shots analysis and the formations for example, to see where the danger come from.

Or some stats of your overall possession, shoots on targets, CCCs home / away.

Thanks in advance,

S!lver

In the top screenshot where the fixtures are they are the games i have played with the new tactic.

I'm testing with Middlesbrough at the moment but because of work i haven't been able to get much game time in.

In the test i've played 7 won 7 scored 25 Conceded 9, Conceding 9 goals in annoying but i have only signed 1 player for each position and i was managing properly i would sign almost a complete new defence so not too bad.

I'm gonna try and get as much playing time in today and hopefully have something at the end of the day for you.

I've noticed whenever i defend a corner and if the ball gets headed out of the box - it always gets picked up by the opposition on the edge of the box - now this is dangerous especially if the opposition have good long shooters. If there a way of combating this, i.e. getting one of my players to stand around the edge of the box so they can close down the oppositon player?

Hi guys,

I really want to try these tactics out. However, the file links for filefront are not working on my mac. It goes to the filefront site, i click on download and the screen just hangs.

Can anyone hook a brother up please?

Cheers,

Jonny.

Hi all,

i started out using GSC's version and achieved some good results. However, this version is created using the TC version with a lot of overrides. I also felt it to be too attacking and gungho.

So i tried the Classic version by Mr Hough. And what a difference the tactic is. I think contrary to what ppl have been discussing here, The Classic version in my opinion is the best blend of attack and defence. All i did was to make a few tweaks to tighten up the defence. The results i got are as below:

Season 3, tail end. Playing with At Madrid patch 10.3

1) Champions League Semi Finals 1st Leg, Home against Arsneal : Win 4-0

2) La Liga League Match, Home against Tennerife: Win 3-0

3) Champions League Semi Finals 2nd Leg, Away against Arsneal : Draw 0-0

4) La Liga League Match, Away against Xerez: Win 6-0

5) La Liga League Match, Away against Almeria: Win 5-0

6) La Liga League Match, Home against Zaragoza: Win 4-0

Observations, i would say,

1) Yes, 3 of the matches were against inferior opposition. But i demolished them and scored plenty of goals. 2 of those matches saw strikers getting Hat-tricks and a Central Midfielder getting 2 goals in a match.

2) I rotated my entire squad every match because of the end of season tight schedule. I still got the results, which proves to me, its the tactic and not just the players.

3) Arsneal away 2nd leg was a 0-0 draw, because i was not looking for a result. Rather because of the huge lead, i wanted to soak up pressure and get through the match without injuries. Arsneal were nulified.

4) Home match against Zaragoza, used the recommended Team talks. Amazing! I used Diego Buottanote at the Left St position and he got a 6.0 rating at HT with a 'Having a poor game' as motivation. He ended up scoring a hat trick at FT with a rating of 9.6! all i said to him was 'Prove a point', after checking he has 17 for determination.

5) 6 games played, including Arsneal home and away and Zaragoza (5th in League in my save) without conceeding 1 goal. Honestly, my team dealt with the attacks comfortably.

Tweaks:

1) removed 'Defender collect' and 'Distribute to DC right' from GK setting. I noticed that this setting is dangerous when teams push up and pressure the defence. I rather lose a bit of possession further up the pitch then lose the ball near by penalty area!

2) DL and DR changed marking to 'Man-marking'. Observed that when previously set on 'Zonal marking' the fullbacks are marking empty space, especially against wide players cutting in or running the channels.

3) DL and DR reduce 'Run from Deep' to rarely when ahead and op. is attacking me. Giving up attacking force and support down the flanks to protect a lead and to control the match. Use at own's disgration.

4) When ahead and comfortable, i reduced 'Hard Tackling' from hard to normal for the Midfield and Attackers to reduce fouls and prevent injuries.

5) Amended all the Set Piece instructions to my own, to suit my players.

6) Observed, i got best results putting my quickest Strikers on the Left and Right and Best Header and Strongest in the Centre. Left and Right strikers run the channels or down the flank so speed and dribbling is best. Centre striker has to contend with 2 DCs most of the time. Tried speed here, and against 2 DCs, playing Stop and cover, my player cant get free using speed.

7) the DC settings are split, 1 higher mentality and closing down then the other. I generally set the faster, better positioning and tackling DC to the lower mentality to play as Cover and the better header, jumping, strength as higher mentality, Stopper. Depending on the stronger foot, u might need to switch DC setting manually. I find it criminal to play DCs on their weaker foot.

Tips, when needing to grind a result, eg. 2nd Leg against Arsneal away, knowing the Gunners are going to come out with all guns blazing, attacking from all angles, i used all the Tweaks from the opening whistle. Yes, u will not create and/or attack as much but it does keep the shape and close out the opposition. I did get chances on the break, but finishing was off, so i could have scored too. The important thing was to keep them out.

The GK distribution tweak, really helped render Arsneal's pressing Forward lines useless as my GK kicked the ball down field. Even if they got the ball, my team was back in shape ready to defend again. The reduced 'Hard Tackling' kept players on their feet and keeping shape.

For weaker opponents, Xerez, Almeria and Tenneriffe, i left GK's distribution to 'Defender Collect' but did not select specific defender. It helped keep possession, because the opposition was camping in their half, with Deep defensive line. I left 'Hard Tackling' the way it was, to win back the ball higher and recycle possession or to start counter attacks. The inferior teams did not have players skillful enough to draw cards or fouls from me.

Best 11

GK Asenjo

DR Rafinha

DL Juan Vargas

DC Ivan Marcano (cover)

DC Gerald Pique (stopper)

DMC Ignacio Camacho

MC Miguel Veloso

MC Joao Moutinho

STleft Edison Cavani

STcent Edin Dzeko

STright Sergio Aguero

Hope this helps.

Next Up, Champions League Finals against Chelsea and Spanish cup finals against Real MAdrid.

Dont have my laptop with me so I cant post a screenshot but can I just say that Mr Hough's tactic is a piece of genius. My Liverpool team are top of the league after 8 games with 6 wins and 2 draws. No goals were conceded until the game either. We've lost once in the Champions LEague to a clearly offside Raul goal but other than that all is going smoothly.

My usual line up is

Reina

Johnson - Agger - Carra - Danny Wilson

Mascherano

Lucas - Gerrard

Kuyt - Torres - Babel

with the likes of Skrtel, Aurelio, Soto, Aquilani, Maxi, Lukaku, Benayoun and N'Gog filling in.

We score a lot of goals too which is cool.

So well done Mr Hough

Dont have my laptop with me so I cant post a screenshot but can I just say that Mr Hough's tactic is a piece of genius. My Liverpool team are top of the league after 8 games with 6 wins and 2 draws. No goals were conceded until the game either. We've lost once in the Champions LEague to a clearly offside Raul goal but other than that all is going smoothly.

My usual line up is

Reina

Johnson - Agger - Carra - Danny Wilson

Mascherano

Lucas - Gerrard

Kuyt - Torres - Babel

with the likes of Skrtel, Aurelio, Soto, Aquilani, Maxi, Lukaku, Benayoun and N'Gog filling in.

We score a lot of goals too which is cool.

So well done Mr Hough

Fantastic, do u leave at as is, or do u do any tweaks?

care to share and discuss?

No tweaks at all mate - just play it as it is.

that game against Real MAdrid, which Raul scored an offside goal, how did it go?

were u dominating and got a sucker punch? any observations on the tactic? possible leaks and/or faults?

that game against Real MAdrid, which Raul scored an offside goal, how did it go?

were u dominating and got a sucker punch? any observations on the tactic? possible leaks and/or faults?

We did dominate the Real game although created fewer chances than in the league games. They had Alonso sent off too so it was a bit annoying to lose to ten men. They scored the goal in the 92nd min so there was no time to come back.

I dont think it was a fault with the tactic as such - just one of those things.

I've no problems at all with the tactic really. It's doing really well for me