Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Figured out a nice freekick setup that has got me 9 IFKs in 11 games:

GK: Default

FBs: both Back

CBs: 1 FWD / 1 Keeper

DM: Disrupt

MCs: both Needed

Strikers: 2 Needed / 1 Taker

Aim: Left: Cross Far / Right: Cross Far or Best Header

Take note that the Taker doesn't have to be a striker obviously so make sure your best free kick taker has this role and just swap settings around so that you basically have that same setup.

I have had success with this but I want to see if it isn't just a lucky run; so anyone who wants to can give it a try and let me know their results :D

PS: Classic Tactic with Man City was used with this setup. Also if this has been posted before: my apologies.

Going to try this with my Sheffield Wednesday team in the Championship, Ill let you know how it goes on.

This is how good it is with them

sheffutdvsheffwed.png

my transfers

sheffieldwednesday.png

Just a quick follow on from my post #631. Online with Toulouse in Feb 2010 I am 4 points clear at the top of Ligue 1, lost to Bordeaux 1-0 in the semi final of the League Cup, still in the French Cup, qualified through my Europa League group with 6 wins against Aston Villa, Valencia & BATE and Gignac has scored 31 goals in 30 appearances. The best online tactic I have ever had the fortune to use - thanks.

I have also used the tactic in 1P mode with Toulouse and won the Ligue 1 title and the Europa League double.

tryed this tactic with dundee united first, finished second in the premier league (scottish) 5 points behind celtic, and winning scottish f.a cup. Won everything with Barcelona over 3 seasons, had Rooney, Bojan and Messi as my three pronged attack. Also tryed briefly with Valencia, Derby, Tottenham and Newcastle, with some sucess but didnt complete a full season, but now i am starting a new game with West ham, a team i havent managed on FM/CM since CM 99/00 when i took west ham with the likes of Stimac, Wanchope, Di canio, Joe cole and Lampard in the team and one the league cup, F.a cup and Premership in my second season, then won premiership season after, so hopefully repeat performence, wish me luck

Does it work in lower leagues? Like Blue Star North/South?

I'll try it out on a championship side like Coventry or something this week.

Also, for stat requirements on the wizard tactic can I just go off the highlighted stats? I'm not entirely sure if it's the right set up or not (for example both DC's are set to Limited Defenders and one of the strikers is set to be a poacher...) but I'll leave it as it is for now.

Currently Celtic have just won the treble and undefeated in all Scottish competitions won the SPL with 104 pts with a goal difference of 102.

Made the last 16 of the europa league topping a group which had Aston Villa , Benfica and Rapid Wien in it.Beat CSKA Moscow in the following round and got beat by Bordeaux 4-1 over 2 legs in the last 16.

I use 21/3 update when playing more difficult teams and then use the 26/3 update when playing other teams.

ClydesdaleBankPremierLeague.png

Celtic.png

Celtic-3.png

Celtic-2.png

hi all of u.. :)

i'm going to try the tactics.. n cant wait to taste impressive results.. but the problem is i dnot know which one i should choose? any advice or suggestion? :)

Here is the link to the Classic Tactic. The one i used with everton and huddersfield

http://www.filefront.com/15775207/10.3%20Classic%20%28Everton%2C%20May%202010%29.tac

This is the Link to the Beta i Released last week alot of people have had success with this and i'll be posting there screen shots up later on.

I will be working more on this beta because i think it's leaky in defence.

http://www.filefront.com/15775317/10.3%20Beta%20Wizard%20%28Everton%2C%20May%202010%29.tac

21/3/10 Update.

My version 2 of the Beta Wizard I drill as before no shouts and i don't use OI's but if you wanna use them then you can. Try and sign players that have the attributes i have posted.

http://www.filefront.com/15882883/Mr-Hough-10.3-V2-Wizard-Best-Version-Middlesbrough-Jan-2010.tac/

26/3/10 Update.

Just Updating with the GCS version of my original Beta, Some Extremly good feedback on this tactic and is better in defence and more balanced that my Original Beta.

Thanks GCS for a fantastic Contribution to the thread.

http://www.filefront.com/15803247/10.3-Mr.H-_Zico10_gcs-beta-wizard--Everton-May-2010.tac/

If you give feedback can you tell me which version you are using thanks

WOW what can i say.

Just started using the Mr Hough classic tactic with Man City in my second season.

First 4 games are as follows:-

Beat Chelsea in Charity Shield 5-1

Beat Man Utd at Home in Prem 3-1

Beat Juventus Away in Champions League Play Off 2-0

Beat West Brom Away in Prem 6-3

Its looking like its gonna be a successful season.

Many Thanks and a big thumbs up.

hi all of u.. :)

i'm going to try the tactics.. n cant wait to taste impressive results.. but the problem is i dnot know which one i should choose? any advice or suggestion? :)

Here is the link to the Classic Tactic. The one i used with everton and huddersfield

http://www.filefront.com/15775207/10.3%20Classic%20%28Everton%2C%20May%202010%29.tac

This is the Link to the Beta i Released last week alot of people have had success with this and i'll be posting there screen shots up later on.

I will be working more on this beta because i think it's leaky in defence.

http://www.filefront.com/15775317/10.3%20Beta%20Wizard%20%28Everton%2C%20May%202010%29.tac

21/3/10 Update.

My version 2 of the Beta Wizard I drill as before no shouts and i don't use OI's but if you wanna use them then you can. Try and sign players that have the attributes i have posted.

http://www.filefront.com/15882883/Mr-Hough-10.3-V2-Wizard-Best-Version-Middlesbrough-Jan-2010.tac/

26/3/10 Update.

Just Updating with the GCS version of my original Beta, Some Extremly good feedback on this tactic and is better in defence and more balanced that my Original Beta.

Thanks GCS for a fantastic Contribution to the thread.

http://www.filefront.com/15803247/10.3-Mr.H-_Zico10_gcs-beta-wizard--Everton-May-2010.tac/

If you give feedback can you tell me which version you are using thanks

There isn't really much to chose between any of them imo. All are brilliant. I use the Classic and the CGS tweak tactics, but I move the middle striker to AMC (and obviously play an AMC there) and it works perfectly without any tweaks

Just give them all a go mate, you won't be disappointed by any

There isn't really much to chose between any of them imo. All are brilliant. I use the Classic and the CGS tweak tactics, but I move the middle striker to AMC (and obviously play an AMC there) and it works perfectly without any tweaks

Just give them all a go mate, you won't be disappointed by any

hi BIg H..

thanks for the responses.. :) I'm going to give a try.. cheers.. :)

Can someone give me some basic advice regarding these tactics, how to best use them etc. I started a game with Dundee using the CGS tactic and had mixed results. Granted the team is awful and I didn't buy any players. I was just wondering are there are do's and dont's regarding this tactic.

In terms of getting the right players in, does anyone have any advice, because I am finding that trying to get players with high stats in all the attributes listed on the opening page is very difficult.

If possible can someone explain the roles of each of the positions in the tactic, for example is the anchor mans job just to defend the front four or does he need to be able to instigate attacks also with his passing? I am thinking of low level league clubs as opposed to the highlevel teams. Thanks.

Can someone give me some basic advice regarding these tactics, how to best use them etc. I started a game with Dundee using the CGS tactic and had mixed results. Granted the team is awful and I didn't buy any players. I was just wondering are there are do's and dont's regarding this tactic.

In terms of getting the right players in, does anyone have any advice, because I am finding that trying to get players with high stats in all the attributes listed on the opening page is very difficult.

If possible can someone explain the roles of each of the positions in the tactic, for example is the anchor mans job just to defend the front four or does he need to be able to instigate attacks also with his passing? I am thinking of low level league clubs as opposed to the highlevel teams. Thanks.

Trying to get players with the high stats is your first mistake, You don't have to have high stats to get the best out of the tactic just try and get 3-4 attributtes and you'll be fine.

Anchor man will just break up attacking plays and pass the ball to either the wingbacks for the central mid players.

Trying to get players with the high stats is your first mistake, You don't have to have high stats to get the best out of the tactic just try and get 3-4 attributtes and you'll be fine.

Anchor man will just break up attacking plays and pass the ball to either the wingbacks for the central mid players.

OK thanks for the reply I appreciate it.

Is there anything else you can recommend, during the matches is it wise to make any changes (sideline shouts) or just go with it and replace under-performing players.

OK thanks for the reply I appreciate it.

Is there anything else you can recommend, during the matches is it wise to make any changes (sideline shouts) or just go with it and replace under-performing players.

the simplest thing i can recommend is use your commen sense.

if a player is tired then bring him off

If players keep making mistakes bring them off.

I'm working on the final final version of my 4-1-2-3 tactic but while your waiting for it use the Beta or the Classic they are both great tactics.

I can't recommend the GCS one because i've not used it but it's had good feedback.

@cragswfc: glad to see it wasn't just a lucky run for me :D. Do you also find that your players find immense amounts of space inside the box or nice gaps where they can slot home an easy header?

yep i do but but i get 3 r so just stuck at near post

Not as bad as Ayr :( but I stuck with the tactic ( V2 ) and went 3 games in a row without being beaten. Dundee just beat me 2-0 :(

What I've found in my games is that my strikers have taken a little time to click.

For example I bought Willy Topp for Stevenage and it took around 9-10 games before he started being the star man with goals and MOMs. It was also the same for Torres at Liverpool, one goal in 11, I evenutally moved him to the middle position and change it to the complete striker as he has great stats, now getting MOMs and goals.

Just lost my striker Mark Roberts to injury for Ayr ( scored 11 in 14, in league 9 of 9 ), so now I struggling to score again :( Got to the final of the Challenge Cup :) Just hoping to stay up this season. My problem has been defence.

Leeds are going well and Beckford is on fire at the moment, although I have changed their tactic and created a winger tactic via the Wizard. Will try Mr Houghs winger tactic for Leeds soon, and maybe for Liverpool as I feel they are both strong enough for the leagues they are in.

Your strker Lee Griffiths looks good, if you can get Willy Topp that maybe enough up front to keep you going. Not sure what Dundees expectation is. As for at the back, still looking :-( Jon Ashton has been solid for Stevenage, average rating 7.55 from 17 appearances and 5 goals.

hi all,..

i had donwloaded

- classic

- beta wizard

- wizard best version (21/3/2010)

- gcs beta wizard

i heard the gcs one have a corner cheat.. is it true? hehehe..

so far i'm playing using classic version.. :) i have a great result.. ;) but my defender is a bit leaky sometimes n cost too much stamina..

do u guys have the same things happened? ;)

thanks..

Christ this is a bit brutal...

Seven games with Coventry, seven wins. I admit though I haven't been playing properly, I just loaded a game and ran with it. For example I had Eastwood and a loan striker injured so I've been playing with under-18's in my strike set up... And they still won! O_o

No doubt if I bothered to set up the team properly they'd be even more nasty... That's the original wizard tactic from the first post btw...

I have noticed though in three of the games so far we've gone behind and it's needed some heavy handed team talks at half time to turn it around (Angry = 0-1 to 2-1 and 'we can win this' to turn games round 1-1 to 3-1 for example...) add in, 3 goals offside and two 95th minute penalties and you can imagine how "exciting" the games were (I blame the match engine not the tactic mind...) but I've not even gone past the 10 games mark yet.

I need to figure out the pre-match team talk for the players I have and I'm sure it'll be even better (sorry I don't agree with the linked team talk page - "wish luck" has been the bog standard 'pre-match yadda' since last year and I honestly don't think it works as well as actually telling the players to expect a win or 'we can win this')

Good tactic though. I shall keep this one in mind for when I do a Hyde United game in the Blue Star north and see if it works there (I tried one game we dominated possession but lost 0-2 but they were a league above us and it was a friendly...) so we'll see. =)

Quick question, wouldn't zonal marking be better for the original tactic if playing with big team?

Zonal marking should be on on the 2 central defenders man marking should be on the fullbacks because less men go down the wings so they can mark them out of the game.

Thats the theory anyway.

This is how good it is with them

sheffutdvsheffwed.png

my transfers

sheffieldwednesday.png

LOLLOLLOLLOL

CARBONE! CARBONE! CARBONE!!! What a legend...!

Anyway im in to my 2nd season with Sheff Wed. I got rid of all the dead wood and managed to get a few gems on free transfer. Won the playoffs to get promoted to the Premiership....4 games in to the premiership lost 3 against Arsenal, Bolton and Blackburn... then beat Liverpool 4-0!

I need some help guys. I'm half way through my third season with Milan. Still doing as well as ever but am in a bit of a bad patch. Still winning, but just barely. However, that's not really a big concern for me as our form will come back as it always has. What really concerns me though is the lack of performance from one of my players. I got Aguero in the summer to give my team more speed in the attack, however, he has disappointed me. He gives me grief with his almost constant average performances. Every now and then he'll have a good performance, but usually it's just average. I've been moving him around between the three forward positions but I'm having no luck. Has anyone had any experience in using him in these tactics? Which forward position suits him the most?

Thanks.

just got Aguero here too, DirtyACE, scored 5 goals in 4 games (hat-trick when i beat qpr), 1 asst, 2 times man of the match and average 8.38. (all this in EPL)

Are you using the classic tactic? Which forward position are you playing him in?

Im playing as Milan atm and im trying to figure out where to play my strikers. Especially Pato as I have him, Inzaghi, Huntelaar, Luis Suarez. Atm I have Pato on the right with Suarez and Inaghi starting but its not working as I would like Pato isnt getting very good ratings im thinking it should be Suarez, Pato, Huntelaar from left to right?

the way the tactics set out is that the attackers stay up the pitch and interchange passing between them.

Only recently i've noticed this but if your opp team is defeding heavily against you and you seem to be having alot of long shots getting strikers with good off the ball stats will help them move and create space for themselves for a pass.

I wish i could say which type of strikers are best either powerhouse strikers or the more creative ones but i think there both good up there if you get the right players in.

LOLLOLLOLLOL

CARBONE! CARBONE! CARBONE!!! What a legend...!

Anyway im in to my 2nd season with Sheff Wed. I got rid of all the dead wood and managed to get a few gems on free transfer. Won the playoffs to get promoted to the Premiership....4 games in to the premiership lost 3 against Arsenal, Bolton and Blackburn... then beat Liverpool 4-0!

i find if you move the anchor man settings to 9 mentality his performance is much better. as i watched the key highlights with the other settings he was staying to near the defence and inviting the pressure on to us.

so with this the anchor man is more in touch with the centre mid's

i've only dune this with classic n beta

just got Aguero here too, DirtyACE, scored 5 goals in 4 games (hat-trick when i beat qpr), 1 asst, 2 times man of the match and average 8.38. (all this in EPL)

play with barca in second season, bought him in first season....pay him a lot, but worth it.... first season second goalscorer, villa was first incredible 44.... now in second season in 18 games in league he scored fantastic 25goals.....fantastic.....great striker for central position.....

Im playing as Milan atm and im trying to figure out where to play my strikers. Especially Pato as I have him, Inzaghi, Huntelaar, Luis Suarez. Atm I have Pato on the right with Suarez and Inaghi starting but its not working as I would like Pato isnt getting very good ratings im thinking it should be Suarez, Pato, Huntelaar from left to right?

I'm playing with Milan too. In my first season I played Pato as the central striker and Boriello and Huntelaar as the side strikers. I also told them to swap positions which worked well. We ended up winning every trophy available and Huntelaar was my top scorer. I've also found that to get the best results from Pato is to play him as the central striker. He has all the necessary stats to excel there. In the first season though he is not as consistent and his form may drop off more than once. So it's a good that you bought Suarez. He can backup Pato. However, Pato does get better by the second season and will become more consistent. Also his finishing will improve so he will become more clinical. In my second season he was absolutely immense. Scored over 50 goals for me from the central striker position.

So basically I'd suggest that you play Pato as center forward and Borriello and Huntelaar as side strikers. Try telling them to swap positions also which will help with defenses as it will be more difficult to mark these two players. I don't have experience with Suarez but I'd suggest you bring him on as a sub and use him when Pato hits bad form. I did this, except that I had Hulk for this, and he scored almost 30 goals as well.

Good luck, hope this helps you :)

I'm playing with Milan too. In my first season I played Pato as the central striker and Boriello and Huntelaar as the side strikers. I also told them to swap positions which worked well. We ended up winning every trophy available and Huntelaar was my top scorer. I've also found that to get the best results from Pato is to play him as the central striker. He has all the necessary stats to excel there. In the first season though he is not as consistent and his form may drop off more than once. So it's a good that you bought Suarez. He can backup Pato. However, Pato does get better by the second season and will become more consistent. Also his finishing will improve so he will become more clinical. In my second season he was absolutely immense. Scored over 50 goals for me from the central striker position.

So basically I'd suggest that you play Pato as center forward and Borriello and Huntelaar as side strikers. Try telling them to swap positions also which will help with defenses as it will be more difficult to mark these two players. I don't have experience with Suarez but I'd suggest you bring him on as a sub and use him when Pato hits bad form. I did this, except that I had Hulk for this, and he scored almost 30 goals as well.

Good luck, hope this helps you :)

Thanks for the advice although Chelsea gave me 25m for Borriello so dont have him anymore will give the swapping strikers ago. Been playing Pato central and its working really well now my main problem was Suarez took 13 games to score a goal but has 13 in his last 12.

Playing the GCS version and Pirlo is insane as one of the centre mids has 25 assists and 7 goals in 25 games, top of serie a after 18 games by 8 points loving the tactic :D

i'm not entirly sure how one would work to be honest, Would it be attacking down one side and defencive down the other.

Well I wouldn't say that, but more "extra" attack on one side.

Think Giggs down the left, and Ronaldo on the right. (When he was still at Man U)

With age Giggs wasn't upto being a winger anymore, and more of a wide midfielder.

Im thinking it might be good, because it could really overload the defense on that side, making it very hard to defend against.

And you would still have a defensive CM, or DM slightly on that side to help provide a little cover for the inside foward who is pushed up.

This is how I want it to work :p but your the expert :D

i just cant seem to get a run of results going with my west ham side. i thought id turned the corner when i beat villa away but just lost to blackburn and wolves not good.

any ideas how to improve my results. i have diamanti cole lukaku as my front 3 but dont score

i just cant seem to get a run of results going with my west ham side. i thought id turned the corner when i beat villa away but just lost to blackburn and wolves not good.

any ideas how to improve my results. i have diamanti cole lukaku as my front 3 but dont score

You need some pace in your forwards.... Have Cole (Depending on how good Lukaku is) on the left, Diamanti in the Middle and buy a Fast Striker for the right striker.