Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg you're winning with Real Madrid. Wow. Impressive Oo.

Hehe....info0!! I´m always out to impress you! I´m not playing Real for the challenge of winning a couple of games, I wan´t to set records :) So far so good!

Mr Hough, what did you want to do by setting to "often" the parameters of "run from deep" of advanced forwards and by setting "mixed" the parameter of DLF ? did you want that the through balls will be sent more to the advanced forwards by DLF or the opposite of this.

and when you set the parameter of "through ball" to "often" of a player, this player when he hasn't got a ball, will he move into spaces or this parameter will just increase the chance of trying the through ball?

Mr Hough! Thanks for making this game so damn easy, you could relax and follow you´re team crunching every freaking opponents! Currently playing with Real Madrid, unbeaten in 100 league games and still counting. Our strikers are scoring for fun and our defenders are bored :) Winning everything, and that makes me a legend...hehe!

What tactic version are you using? The classic? would you all say that is the best?

Cheers.

Mr Hough ,why dont you reveal your secret, you are Jose Mourinho, arent you? Mr. Mourinho, i am one of your biggest fans in the world and i hope you beat Barca in the next round ... Teach those midgets a lesson.

Best Regards.

Lmao this is crazy.

Will you be releasing your new tactic today? looking forward to using wingers again. Thanks again for your previous tactics.

Proberly not today because i'm off to see clash of the titans tonight so i won't have finished my testing, It'll more than likely be tomorrow or the friday.

Lmao this is crazy.

Oh no. That's done it. Now when I read Mr Hough's posts I just can't help reading it in Jose's voice. No doubt he writes it whilst munching custard creams and nonchalantly shrugging occassionally.

Smiley witch version are u using ?

I´m using Classic yes, not tried gcs version yet, so can´t say for sure! Kaka as deep lying and Benzema and "legend" (hate him in real life!) Cristiano as advanced!

Stop using Tugs training, its not that good because its just a notch below 'Heavy' training and that is bad news to your players fitness especially if you are playing a lot of games per week. What you can do is reduce the overall training load of each Tugs Training by 5 notches.

Stop using Tugs training, its not that good because its just a notch below 'Heavy' training and that is bad news to your players fitness especially if you are playing a lot of games per week. What you can do is reduce the overall training load of each Tugs Training by 5 notches.

Thanks very much :-)

I'm happy to say that testing on the Winger formation is coming along excellently, Unfortinatly i can't put a date on when i will be releasing it but it will be shortly over the next week if things keep going well.

I've uploaded a match for you to have a look at how the team plays in the winger formation.

I'm playing as Real Madrid and this is litrally a quick half season test with them to see how the tactic performs with a very strong team.

http://www.filefront.com/16011735/R.%20Madrid%20v%20Espanyol%20Highlights..pkm

You need to save the file in the 'Matches' Folder so it's Documents - Sports Interactive - Football Manager 2010 - Matches.

To load up the Highlights Match when you start FM you get the New Game - Load Game well at the bottom of the screen you will see a tab that says matches click on that and load the Highlights Match up.

that's some performance from cristano, i hope this tactic comes out.

roftleo posted that "10.3 Mr.H _Zico10_gcs beta wizard WINGERELLI" and well its really good im pretty sure winning every game in championship even with Newcastle is pretty special. before anyone asks i didnt restart any games. more info in newcastle thread. lost to Arsenal quatre league cup and chelsea 3rd round fa

newcastlestats.png

finalleaguetable.png

lineupp.png

Worst dicipline tho 99 yellow cards and 2 red cards but im not sure if thats the players or the point of the tactic to smash in the opposition if they get close?

i just pluged in a played im sure the freindlies and close first 6 matches just snowballed the team into winning. conceded atleast once a game tho.

got take over end of first season and will have lots money to spend in season 2.

roftleo did you create this hybrid tactic? because i know its got parts of mr hough tactics in? you also was using it with atletico madrid with good results and i was wondering if you have any updates or advice.

*edit*

oh roftleo posted the tactic page 10 post 952 as just read the recent posts. as people are waiting for mr hough wingers tactic.

Well, finished my first season. Even though we had a shaky and erratic start, we managed to win the treble nevertheless. Now for some observations:

- The classic tactic definitely seems to be more effective in attack, however, as with any tactic, it also depends on the form of your strikers and how motivated they are. When they start hitting their bad patches, then they will start missing a ton of chances. Make sure to have enough strikers on your team in order to rotate them in these type of situations.

- I did use gcs' tactic throughout the season as well, but not as much as the classic. I used gcs' several times in tough away games and it did the trick most times.

- Regarding the defense in the classic tactic. I found that by putting the central defenders on man marking made it actually more solid at the back. It really reduced them from watching opposing players going by and not closing them down.

- Make sure the DMC position has a player with good jumping and heading. It will really remove a lot of headaches in terms of defense. Will reduce pressure on your backline much more. I experimented with using Gattuso and Ambrosini in this position. While both are pretty similar players, Ambrosini's great ability to jump really helped. Gattuso most times would get really average ratings, but Ambrosini had some great performances.

- Having an overall physical midfield will give you a big advantage. In some of my games against quality opposition, like Barcelona for example, I would put out a physically imposing midfield which most times would completely dominate. Of course I would also accumulate cards quickly but it's worth doing in big matches. In my CL final I had to play Man Utd, my midfield of Sissoko, Flamini, and Abrosini broke Carrick and Anderson in half.

- Fullbacks need to have high stamina, preferably 14 or above, otherwise make sure you have subs ready for them. They are going to get worn out often.

Here's a pic of my team after the season:

milan0910postseasonq.png

PS - Before anyone asks, there is no corner bug exploit being used in these tactics. Large majority of goals scored by strikers are from open play.

Well, finished my first season. Even though we had a shaky and erratic start, we managed to win the treble nevertheless. Now for some observations:

- The classic tactic definitely seems to be more effective in attack, however, as with any tactic, it also depends on the form of your strikers and how motivated they are. When they start hitting their bad patches, then they will start missing a ton of chances. Make sure to have enough strikers on your team in order to rotate them in these type of situations.

- I did use gcs' tactic throughout the season as well, but not as much as the classic. I used gcs' several times in tough away games and it did the trick most times.

- Regarding the defense in the classic tactic. I found that by putting the central defenders on man marking made it actually more solid at the back. It really reduced them from watching opposing players going by and not closing them down.

- Make sure the DMC position has a player with good jumping and heading. It will really remove a lot of headaches in terms of defense. Will reduce pressure on your backline much more. I experimented with using Gattuso and Ambrosini in this position. While both are pretty similar players, Ambrosini's great ability to jump really helped. Gattuso most times would get really average ratings, but Ambrosini had some great performances.

- Having an overall physical midfield will give you a big advantage. In some of my games against quality opposition, like Barcelona for example, I would put out a physically imposing midfield which most times would completely dominate. Of course I would also accumulate cards quickly but it's worth doing in big matches. In my CL final I had to play Man Utd, my midfield of Sissoko, Flamini, and Abrosini broke Carrick and Anderson in half.

- Fullbacks need to have high stamina, preferably 14 or above, otherwise make sure you have subs ready for them. They are going to get worn out often.

Here's a pic of my team after the season:

milan0910postseasonq.png

PS - Before anyone asks, there is no corner bug exploit being used in these tactics. Large majority of goals scored by strikers are from open play.

Thanks for the Info Dirty Ace, That will help alot of people out alot.

Thought id give this a try with a new save game with Real Madrid.. Yeah yeah i know, but the fun for me was to try and dominate the league despite Barca's irl good runs the last few years..

Oh well, Mr Ronaldo has scored 28goals in 10 matches..

Insane

Thanks for the Info Dirty Ace, That will help alot of people out alot.

Can't believe I didn't say this in my previous post, but great job developing this tactic Mr. Hough!

By the way, I also found that in some matches I needed to adjust the defensive line. Well, perhaps I didn't really need to, but I did in order to get the most out of the tactics and to limit the opposition's build up play. Sometimes I've noticed that they would have a lot of space in midfield to simply pass the ball around between their players. Moving up the defense line a couple notches usually put a stop to that.

I also adjusted tempo, which is actually a great adjustment which can really help with both defense and attack at the same time. However, one does need to pay attention to how the opposition is closing you down. If they're closing down heavily then increase tempo, and if they're more reluctant and are simply maintaining position, then the tempo can be lowered. The tempo also controls how your own players finish. There seems to be some sort of correlation between these two aspects (opposition closing down and finishing). Essentially if you get the tempo about right (doesn't have to be exactly spot on though), then your players will pass well enough to keep it away from the opposition and your strikers will also be more likely to put away their chances.

These are of course optional tweaks/adjustments. Try them if you feel comfortable with tweaking, however, you'll still most likely win a large majority of games without any adjustments at all.

This tactic is fantastic. Been using it for quite some time now but haven't really commented on it. What makes this tactic so effective? Is it the team/player instructions or the positioning of the players on the pitch. I was thinking of applying these player and team settings to something with perhaps wingers but i'm not sure if it would be quite as effective. At any rate, it's one of the finest plug and play tactics for fm2010. Great job mr. Hughes.

PS

Original (not tactic creator one) seems to have worked better for me overall with few teams.

Mr Hough could I test the Winger tactic as well, thinking Barcelona or West Ham

I'm still working on it, I can confirm that it's doing my head in completly but i'll stick with it till i think it's good enough or i think i can't make it any better

Mr Hough, thanks for this excellent tactic. I'm using it with great success in my game. Did you design this tactic all by yourself or did someone help you? I'm also looking forward to your winger tactic

By myself, all i do when making tactics is look at how the opp plays around me and try and counter it really.

Simple but effective

By myself, all i do when making tactics is look at how the opp plays around me and try and counter it really.

Simple but effective

The reason I asked if you designed it by yourself is because a guy on a dutch forum claimed he created the tactic with you. But it doesn't matter really.

The reason I asked if you designed it by yourself is because a guy on a dutch forum claimed he created the tactic with you. But it doesn't matter really.

lol really asif my tactics are on Dutch Forums thats pretty outstanding can you give me a link to the forum so i can have a look myself

Here you go. I hope you understand Dutch :D. The tactic has been posted 3 times there by people renaming it while it's still the same tactic.

http://forum.manutd.nl/showthread.php?t=31271

http://forum.manutd.nl/showthread.php?t=31272

http://forum.manutd.nl/showthread.php?t=31082

I expected this after the success of my tactics oh well as long as people credit me with the work and link this site/thread i'm not to bothered.

Agree. It must be nice for you to find your tactics all over the internet. Hope you can achieve the same for all the coming editions of football managers. Would be nice for us too :D

Thanks mate, Heinz asked me about a month ago about using my tactic on the Dutch Forum i just completly forgot that he asked me.

It is nice to find that my tactics are being well recieved by so many people

For me this is the best tactic i have ever used on a Football Manager game, any. On FM 09 i tried myself to accomplish something similiar as to what works well about this tactic, but it was a flat back 4, no attacking threat from the defence, and an advanced midfielder with 2 holding DM, i couldnt get it to work however. However this one works like a treat. This is using the most recent version btw.

2 Simple questions for you though my friend for me to get the best from this masterpiece;

1) Often when in the lead, even if it is by 4 or 5 goals (not a rare thing..) im often finding myself conceding needless few goals in the last 20 minutes - how can i counter this? I have tried many ways in trying to defend leads but i am still conceding way too many goals. Is there anything i can do to defend leads? A different tactic maybe? Changes in formation?

2) I still dont know what strikers to play. I often play on the left and right winger strikers than actual centre forwards. For example Bellamy, Ronaldo, Robinho.. in my Wolves save i was even playing Jarvis left forward and Kightly right, who are both wingers. Then usually in the central role i would play somebody like Berbatov, Crouch, Doyle, Rooney, Owen, Villa.. actual goal getters who work inside the box.. is this the way to go about things? I find in the OP the poacher description still isnt done.. why? An explanation on this is needed.

An answer for these two would be greatly recieved Mr Hough, thankyou.

Because the roles are useless? People should use some common sense. You can put ANY striker at ANY position in Hough tactic.

The roles are just roles not players needed in that position.

To defend the lead? Make subs ~65min. If you look at your players fitness you would get to know why you conceed in last 20 mins or so ;). Players are knackered.