Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

Do you have a link for your tactic?
So literally drag the Central Strike into AMC. nothing else?

Yep. So up front you should have an Advanced Forward and a Poacher. The AMC should be on support duty. It should automatically put him on support.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. So up front you should have an Advanced Forward and a Poacher. The AMC should be on support duty. It should automatically put him on support.

Right thank you very much mate.

Haven't had a go on FM 10 properly yet, was always waiting for PAtch 10.3 :thup: Going to try PSV.

Yes will do.

Just a quick question, you won the league, but what was your team's Media Prediction?

Well i got promoted with charlton from league 1 to the championship. My media prediction is 14th but i'm top of the league by 16 points and i've still got 2 games in hand. And i'm only in february!!!!

Yes will do.

Just a quick question, you won the league, but what was your team's Media Prediction?

My media prediction was 24th! Got promoted from the Blue Square North in the 1st season. Hence why i was tipped to finish bottom.

Mr Hough - firstly want to say your tactics have restored my sanity after months of struggling with FM10. Your help has restored my enjoyment of the game.

I've played through a few versions of your tactic, with great success, and recently started playing with the 10.3 Better Def version....working well and, though only in pre-season with Tottenham, have scored 16 goals in three games with none against.

My question, though, is around the instructions for the three strikers. I've noticed that the deep lying forward (one in centre) - which you recommend has high passing, creativity and decisions for - has the through ball setting on "sometimes".

Meanwhile the advanced forwards - with recommended stats that DON'T include passing but do have high dribbling, shooting etc - have through balls set to often.

I kind of expected, with the stats you recommend and the nature of the deep lying forward player "dropping deeper" to play in the advanced forwards, the "through ball" settings to be the other way round?

Please don't misunderstand me. It seems to work and I'm certainly not complaining!

However it has led me to two questions:

1. Should the through ball settings be the other way round?

2. Should the recommended stats you set out in the OP be different for the Better Def version of your tactic.

All round though a genius set of tactics that have made my life just a little bit better.

Thank you.

I want the Deep Lying Forward to run at the defence and draw the opp onto him so then he will release the through ball at the right time, If the setting was on often then he would just do it constatly with out waiting and this could give the ball away.

The poacher and advanced forward have the through balls on often because the get dragged out wide so the can give the ball to the other attackers or the mid player in the through ball role, I prefer this to crossing the ball.

Well i got promoted with charlton from league 1 to the championship. My media prediction is 14th but i'm top of the league by 16 points and i've still got 2 games in hand. And i'm only in february!!!!

ron.e - I am sure your a Palace man, how could you manage Charlton (just a bit of fun) :-)

I want the Deep Lying Forward to run at the defence and draw the opp onto him so then he will release the through ball at the right time, If the setting was on often then he would just do it constatly with out waiting and this could give the ball away.

The poacher and advanced forward have the through balls on often because the get dragged out wide so the can give the ball to the other attackers or the mid player in the through ball role, I prefer this to crossing the ball.

I see - well it clearly works! Do you think, given the amount of "through balls the poacher and advanced forwards are making, we should be looking for players with higher passing then?

ron.e - I am sure your a Palace man, how could you manage Charlton (just a bit of fun) :-)

I am a palace fan but i got bored of managing them so i started a new game unemployed and the charlton job came up so i took it. Me Bad!!!!!

To Mr Hough, GCs or Jay077.

When I move the DLF into AMC. I have a Advanced Forward and a Poacher upfront. If I were to have Defoe and Crouch as a strike Partnership, I would put Crouch as Advanced Forward and Defoe as Poacher?

So deso the Stronger of the two go into Advanced Forward?

To Mr Hough, GCs or Jay077.

When I move the DLF into AMC. I have a Advanced Forward and a Poacher upfront. If I were to have Defoe and Crouch as a strike Partnership, I would put Crouch as Advanced Forward and Defoe as Poacher?

So deso the Stronger of the two go into Advanced Forward?

I would personally put Defoe as the poacher as he is alot faster than Crouch. And he is natural goal scorer in real life.

Looking at Mr Houghs OP he lists the stats needed for each player and for the Advanced Forward it doesnt mention any strength related stats. But for sure out of those 2 players i would set Defoe as the poacher and Crouch as the Adv. Forward.

Im sure Mr Hough would know better though as he is the one who has designed the tactic ;)

IMO put Crouch as poacher and Defoe as ADF

Haha totally opposite to what i said. :D

Goes to show that everyone has there own ideas about how the tactic works. Poss the best way is to try them in each position and see which one performs the best where

Haha totally opposite to what i said. :D

Goes to show that everyone has there own ideas about how the tactic works. Poss the best way is to try them in each position and see which one performs the best where

Well i clicked on wrong player :)

I see - well it clearly works! Do you think, given the amount of "through balls the poacher and advanced forwards are making, we should be looking for players with higher passing then?

No i don't think so average passing should be enough. I was set a challenge to manage Crystal Palace because they have a -10 point deduction and no money to improve the Squad.

Sean Scannel has scored 31 goals in 34 games assisted 4 from the poacher position.

Alan Lee has scored 9 in 20 games Assisted 7 From the advanced Position.

Stern John has scored 22 goals in 32 games Assisted 15 from the Deep Lying position.

Now i know i'm gonna get asked what position is best for scoring and to be honest i don't know looking at that all the players have chipped in with goals.

Sean Scannal has Pace 19 and Accelaration 16 and he's right footed so being in the Left striker spot might help him score goals easier.

I would personally put Defoe as the poacher as he is alot faster than Crouch. And he is natural goal scorer in real life.

Looking at Mr Houghs OP he lists the stats needed for each player and for the Advanced Forward it doesnt mention any strength related stats. But for sure out of those 2 players i would set Defoe as the poacher and Crouch as the Adv. Forward.

Im sure Mr Hough would know better though as he is the one who has designed the tactic ;)

I'd have it like that too defoe Poacher and crouch Advanced Striker

The board have just given me my transfer budget for the season. A Big fat 0k to spend for the 3rd season running. Suppose it makes it more of a challenge :D

Loan Signings all the way get a good keeper and some defenders you will Always score goals with this tactic so maybe just get 1 better striker

Loan Signings all the way get a good keeper and some defenders you will Always score goals with this tactic so maybe just get 1 better striker

Yeah it looks like loan signings are the way forward. My parent club is Man Utd as well. So thats going to be a big help.

Mr H,

have played two season with Leeds and achieved two direct promotions (1st in League One of course, second to Wolves in CCC).

There I tweaked your latest wizard tactics to 451 so that moved side-forwards simply to AMR and AML positions. Didn't change anything in their settings. It kind of worked but I wasn't so secure against stronger opponents.

That's why, before the life in PL, I have some questions:

- do you think changes into settings are needed?

- what should be my usual starting strategy as weak team in top-flight home and away? (as in CCC I used always Attack)

- I have main striker trio as Shelvey (DLF), Fonseca (played AML last season) and now I bought Owen on free. Do you feel I should switch back into 433 or play Fonseca/Owen upfront and moving Shelvey into AMC (his natural position) or even retrain Owen as AMR and continue as before?

thx in advance,

transferking

I ve been reading carefully all this time this ''all around'' post and i have to say a big BRAVO to Mr Hough and all the contributioners.

I am testing the wizard beta v1 with Aris Salonika and so far my team have notched 7 wins in my all 7 games. I think there is a balance between the attack and the defence

especially considering that i ve made only 2 main signings...

Here's the table:

tableh.png

However like most of u i suppose i tried the tweaked GCS with the deep lying forward dropping to AMC position and the result was perfect! Tested for only 30 minutes

when the score was 0-1 for me but the chances i made and the overall perfomance of my AMC made me having a good feeling for this...

After i swicthed to 4-1-2-1-2 my team scored another 4 goals and my AMC produced 3 clear cut chances...

Skoda Xanthi - Aris Salonika = 0-5 game:

gamems.png

I am going to try this in my away games as i think that its ideal against stronger opponents. I ll report back with the results..

Mr H,

have played two season with Leeds and achieved two direct promotions (1st in League One of course, second to Wolves in CCC).

There I tweaked your latest wizard tactics to 451 so that moved side-forwards simply to AMR and AML positions. Didn't change anything in their settings. It kind of worked but I wasn't so secure against stronger opponents.

That's why, before the life in PL, I have some questions:

- do you think changes into settings are needed?

- what should be my usual starting strategy as weak team in top-flight home and away? (as in CCC I used always Attack)

- I have main striker trio as Shelvey (DLF), Fonseca (played AML last season) and now I bought Owen on free. Do you feel I should switch back into 433 or play Fonseca/Owen upfront and moving Shelvey into AMC (his natural position) or even retrain Owen as AMR and continue as before?

thx in advance,

transferking

I have no idea about wingers as when i've tried to make tactics i've always failed so i'm sorry i can't help on that one.

I'd go back to the 10.3 Beta i posted, try and get some good defenders Pace will be needed 14 attributte at least.

You have some good strikers so i wouldn't worry about that.

I have no idea about wingers as when i've tried to make tactics i've always failed so i'm sorry i can't help on that one.

I'd go back to the 10.3 Beta i posted, try and get some good defenders Pace will be needed 14 attributte at least.

Ok, will try, but do you think about starting strategy? And who is more suited to Adv FW / Poacher position out of Fonseca and Owen?

Regular readers of this thread will know that i was challenged to prove my tactics effectivness by jsolloso.

I'm not one to pass up this kind of challenge and set about with my Palace save, I've already given some updates on how i was getting on in previous posts but here is a screen shot of where i am after 31 games.

th_Palacetableafter31games.jpg

This is with no transfer Budget at all and i've made 3 loan signings for Strikers.

The biggest challenge was because Palace start with a 10 Point deduction on top of the problems that i have already stated.

I think i've proved my point now and i won't be continueing on with this save unless Jsolloso wants to see screens table at the end of the season.

Ok, will try, but do you think about starting strategy? And who is more suited to Adv FW / Poacher position out of Fonseca and Owen?

Owen as Poacher Fonseca as Adv Forward, The starting Stratagy is good if you face tough games change to the 10.3 Beta V2 as thats more control and possession based or try GCS's version thats in the OP now and has been getting good reviews about it.

only the central defenders or also the fullbacks have 14 in pace???

Regular readers of this thread will know that i was challenged to prove my tactics effectivness by jsolloso.

I'm not one to pass up this kind of challenge and set about with my Palace save, I've already given some updates on how i was getting on in previous posts but here is a screen shot of where i am after 31 games.

...edited.....

This is with no transfer Budget at all and i've made 3 loan signings for Strikers.

The biggest challenge was because Palace start with a 10 Point deduction on top of the problems that i have already stated.

I think i've proved my point now and i won't be continueing on with this save unless Jsolloso wants to see screens table at the end of the season.

Frankly, I'm amazed you bothered, as all of us who've been trying out your tactics (or variations of them) are quite convenced of their effectiveness! If you carreid on I think there's not much doubt that you'd win the league! Well done. :)

I just want to chime in on how amazingly effective this tactic is, I've used many tactics made by myself and by others downloaded from this forum for the past 2 years and this one is by far the best one I've ever used. So many of my young strikers went into wonderkind status after I used this tactic, whereas before they were struggle to get goals regularly despite having amazing stats.

sto provando la versione 2 e sembra la migliore =)

sto adirittura portando una squadra del cazzo di seconda divisione argentina pronosticata undicesima nel campionato massimo mandando il gioco in vacanza :D:D

una squadra del cazzo ahahahahah