Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tested all versions now on FM11 and all seem to work well still with the Unbeaten Final Version the best of the lot.

SI have fixed the corner scoring bug but still plenty of goals with attactive attacking play. The full release can't come quick enough :)

I have played 5 months of demo as Liverpool using the unbeaten tactic - there are some frustrations with player movement in places but overall I am unbeaten in the league with only 1 draw (ars away) and one losss to Lille in the Eurocup.

Thats pretty good i haven't even looked at my tactics in FM11 yet.

can someone please give me the player roles for the 3 strikers in the 10.3 classic version,,,are they advanced forward (attack) for left and right strikers and deep lying (support) middle or is there a poacher in there or any other???????????

Hi Mr.H, I am your big fan of FM 2010 tactics, Vitoco77 don't know if you recall anything. Been won everything with Man City, Arsenal, Juventus and Madrid in 1 saved game....

Do you have the new one for FM 2011?!

Is there a new FM 2011 forum?!

I am using Mr Hough's tactic in the Welsh league and wondered if anyone can help me out. My team dominates in the first half of games, but the AI will make adjustments at half-time and I score very few goals in the 2nd half. Does anyone have any advice on how to maintain pressure in the 2nd half of games for a team that isn't elite?

On the FM 2011 demo i'm struggling with the 4-1-2-3 mr hough unbeaten tactic with man utd, beaten 3-1 away against Wigan

2-2 draw with Newcastle. Tried the tweaked AVD version too same issue. New mr hough winger tactic seems amazing though, quit out and replayed the Wigan match with the winger tactic and beat them 3-0

On the FM 2011 demo i'm struggling with the 4-1-2-3 mr hough unbeaten tactic with man utd, beaten 3-1 away against Wigan

2-2 draw with Newcastle. Tried the tweaked AVD version too same issue. New mr hough winger tactic seems amazing though, quit out and replayed the Wigan match with the winger tactic and beat them 3-0

where do you find the new Mr Hough winger tactic?

ty

Maybe this one not sure:

Been playing around with the tactic and just wanna give you players some tips on this years FM.

Things i have noticed, Players break really really quickly and can run past opponents very easily it seems. Direct passing is extreamly useful and it is the approach i have been using.

In a recent friendly game against Boavista, I beat them 8-0 and had 12 CCC's.

Try and use a Quick Tempo and have the players on Direct Passing and Run with Ball often for any wingers and the middle for any strikers.

K

a quick question, what stats are we looking for for the two central defenders?

the stopper probably should be more aggressive and brave

but i have a feeling the more important stat should be pace/acceleration in determining which one plays front and which one at the back.

so the question is, should i put the quicker one at the back or the front?

This is working well for me right now in my non-league play. Im using the ADV MOD, and once you secure the back with good defenders (best you can get), the results do come.

^^^^This^^^^

After a shaky start with Farnborough in FM11, I am once again finding this the best tactic in the game.

Hey mr hugh, i,ve been using your tactic for a couple of seasons now with ajax and the spurs.

With ajax i won 2 championchips and 2 cups ( not so diffucult in holland)

But with the spurs i used your tactic but i had van de vaart, so i put 1 forword down as a number 10, van de vaart is also a responseble striker so i put him with an arrow between the strikers.

I was also leaking goals the first season, so i did some more tweaks in the defence, the backs got also arows back, and it works perfect.

I have now idea how to put screens on or the link for download, maybe someone can help me with that, be cause this tactic is the best i ever used

• 2 weeks later...
can you post your tactic ?

cause it looks very nice

You can download here:

http://www.filefront.com/15775207/10.3-Classic-Everton-May-2010.tac/

I find that the Defensive midfielder rarely has an average rating as high as the rest of the team. So either buy a world class one or just be resigned to the fact he'll not get good ratings.

I like to use an AM/FC as the middle striker.

I've now got the greatest squad I've ever seen in my Real Madrid save. About 10 wonderkids.

It really is a fantastic tactic

• 2 weeks later...
I know most of you will be on FM2011 now. But I just want to show the results of my Classic 10.3 tactics. Untweaked.. Amazing results. Im unbeaten in La Liga for 88 games:

laligal.png

Well it's not hard is it considering your REAL MADRID ! your goal stats are pretty good but why don you try with a normal team like a Birmingham or a stoke or Newcastle and then lets see if you go 88 games unbeaten ? .. i know you will do well but come on Real Madrid Ha some people bet you have never played with an average side or lower league side...

Work in fm11?
Player Filters This is Much Easier there all set at 13 which is the basic Minimum for Prem and Championship teams knock it down slightly for Lower Leagues.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/450947

Pitch Size: Minimum.

I have been struggling to find a tactic for FM2011 so i decided to go back to this tactic which i had so much success with in FM2010. The tactic which i am using is the one above and all my main players (ie. starting eleven) have at least twelve in all areas needs for each position from Mr Hough's Player Filter (Above) and all of my first team squad has at least ten/eleven in all areas needed. I have been fairly impressed with it so far, ok it is not as dominant as in FM2010 but it is fairly consistent. I am currently Ipswich and i spent £2.7m on new players and got in £3m from player sales, i have five loan players in my squad too. The beginning of the season was very inconsistent, i would win/lose/win/lose but as the team got used to the formation i have now gone 19 unbeaten and won the last 8 on the trot! I am currently 2nd in the league and 4 points behind Reading, in the Carling Cup semi final against Birmingham.

I do not use any shouts, I let my Assistant Manager do all team talks, match preparation and Opposition instructions.

I am using the smallest pitch possible but my players still get very tired which has resulted in me giving the players 2-3 days off after every match but this has done wonders for the results and i would really suggest doing this whichever tactic you are using.

League.jpg

Results.jpg

I have now opened up a 10pt lead at the top of the league, in the Carling Cup Final against Chelsea, in the 5th round of the FA Cup after beaten Man Utd 3-2 at their place (was 2-1 down with 10 men!). I have won 17 of my last 20 games! Will report back at the end of the season with how every turned out!

Ok so i have completed my first season using this tactic in FM2011 and i have had great success. I won the Championship with Ipswich, scored 113 goals and conceded 48 and accumulated a total of 105 points from 33 wins, 6 draws and 7 defeats and finished 23 points clear of the second placed team Reading.

Final League.jpg

I also had success in the Carling Cup having got the final, on route to the final i beat Yeovil, Fulham, Newcastle, Swansea, Bristol City and Birmingham. I played Chelsea in the final and lost 4-1 but to reach the final was a great result.

Final CC.jpg

I also had some success in the FA Cup, Beat Reading after a replay and then went to Old Trafford to beat Manchester Utd 3-2 after making a comeback with 10 men, then beat Birmingham and Hartlepool in the quarters but once again came up against Chelsea in the semi and lost just 2-1.

Final FA.jpg

So i won the league by 23 points and scored in excess of 100 goals and got two Wembley visits so for me that is a more than successful first season. I ended the season with a total of five players scoring 10 or more goals, the middle striker ended up with 31 goals and 15 assists, my two other strikers got 14 and 16 goals, the central midfielder got 18 goals and one of my centre backs got a very impressive 15 goals! I had a few injuries but nothing serious so was quite lucky on that front.

Final Squad.jpg

I believe the key to the success was keeping players fit, the training schedule i used was not too much of a workload on the players and after every single match i gave all players 3 days off, yes this is going to be a disadvantage on player progress but having fully fit players was my main aim and because of that i had success and this also cut out injuries so i believe it was a good move. The training schedule which i used is the one below.

http://kneadthedough.co.uk/FM2011/Training for Mr Hough.tsh

All in all i am very happy with my first season and now the real challenge begins in the Premier League which i expect to be a very lot tougher and i will be aiming for mid-table.

Ok so i have completed my first season using this tactic in FM2011 and i have had great success. I won the Championship with Ipswich, scored 113 goals and conceded 48 and accumulated a total of 105 points from 33 wins, 6 draws and 5 defeats and finished 23 points clear of the second placed team Reading.

Final League.jpg

I also had success in the Carling Cup having got the final, on route to the final i beat Yeovil, Fulham, Newcastle, Swansea, Bristol City and Birmingham. I played Chelsea in the final and lost 4-1 but to reach the final was a great result.

Final CC.jpg

I also had some success in the FA Cup, Beat Reading after a replay and then went to Old Trafford to beat Manchester Utd 3-2 after making a comeback with 10 men, then beat Birmingham and Hartlepool in the quarters but once again came up against Chelsea in the semi and lost just 2-1.

Final FA.jpg

So i won the league by 23 points and scored in excess of 100 goals and got two Wembley visits so for me that is a more than successful first season. I ended the season with a total of five players scoring 10 or more goals, the middle striker ended up with 31 goals and 15 assists, my two other strikers got 14 and 16 goals, the central midfielder got 18 goals and one of my centre backs got a very impressive 15 goals! I had a few injuries but nothing serious so was quite lucky on that front.

Final Squad.jpg

I believe the key to the success was keeping players fit, the training schedule i used was not too much of a workload on the players and after every single match i gave all players 3 days off, yes this is going to be a disadvantage on player progress but having fully fit players was my main aim and because of that i had success and this also cut out injuries so i believe it was a good move. The training schedule which i used is the one below.

http://kneadthedough.co.uk/FM2011/Training for Mr Hough.tsh

All in all i am very happy with my first season and now the real challenge begins in the Premier League which i expect to be a very lot tougher and i will be aiming for mid-table.

Have you made any tweaks to the tactic? If not, can you post a link of which tactic you used, would love to try this out mate.

Have you made any tweaks to the tactic? If not, can you post a link of which tactic you used, would love to try this out mate.

I have not made any tweaks to his tactic at all. I am using the tactic below and used the player filters to find the right players.

Player Filters This is Much Easier there all set at 13 which is the basic Minimum for Prem and Championship teams knock it down slightly for Lower Leagues.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/450947

Pitch Size: Minimum.

It is early on in my second season using the tactic but thought i would give an update. Sold a few fringe players or players who wanted more first team football and managed to get a total of £4.4m for them and i got in four new players and four loan signing costing a total of £8.25m.

The new players that i have got in are all backups which means i am still using my first choice eleven from the year before and i could not of asked for a better start to the season, Friendlies were a nightmare and i had some bad results which i was slightly worried about but i should not of worried. Five game into the new season and sit proudly unbeaten at the top of the Premier with four wins and one draws. I have beaten Spurs (Away), Man Utd (Home), Fulham (Away) and Reading (Home) whilst i drew my first game against Villa. I have scored 16 goals (6 against Fulham) and conceded 6. Below is the table and some of the games.

Five Games Table.jpg

Spurs.jpg

Man Utd.jpg

Fulham.jpg

Mid-Season Report

Well I thought I would pop and give an update on how my second season using the tactic is going and I am very happy with it at the moment. After 19 games in the Premier League I sit in 4th place and have suffered just two defeats in those games whilst winning 11 and drawing six. I main leading scorers in the division with 51 goals and have conceded 21. I have beaten the likes of Spurs (2-1 Away), Man Utd (3-1 Home), Man City (4-0 Away) along with a few high scoring games away from home when beating Fulham 6-2, Birmingham 5-2 and Aston Villa 5-1. I am conceding quite a few goals but I am scoring a lot which means I am winning matches.

My central striker has got 11 goals and 8 assists, the right handed striker has 14 goals and 3 assists and my left handed striker only has 6 goals but 13 assists.

In the Cup after reaching the final of the Carling Cup in my first season I am on route to achieving that once again but first of all I have a two legged semi final against Newcastle to get through.

I have lost one of my strikers for 8 months so I have been forced to use some of my transfer budget on bringing in a new striker and Gaston Fernandez will be joining in January but other than that I do not see any need of using anymore of the money because I have confidence in my squad although I will be forced at the end of the season to make some changes because a few of my players are getting on a bit. Having said that I may look into getting in a right back in January as mine has been struggling a bit of late.

I am still giving all players a 2 day rest after each game to keep their fitness up and I have been fairly lucky with injuries again, I have been using my backup players in the Carling Cup.

I am very happy with how things are going and I will be back to update you at the end of the season!

Halfway Table.jpg

I've been using the 4-1-2-3 on Reading in the Championship, a league where I expect to win most games judging by the quality of my squad and signings.

12 games with the 4-1-2-3, 5 wins, 2 draws and 5 losses. I changed to the tactic to make a push for the title from 3rd, and now find myself in 8th.

What's going wrong? Not sure why everyone else is getting such good results, it doesn't seem to work for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm having real trouble getting a winning formula with my Hoffenheim side, just wondering which tactic of Mr Hough's is the most successful? I've made a few signings, Adriano, Jadson, Riquelme and Van Nistlerooy. Not sold anyone of note, any help would be appreciated. It's almost like the game has worked out the tactic which was working?